Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about a little crypto, shall we Yeah? So stable coin us DC breaks dollar PEG after firm reveals it has three point three billion million dollars in sv B exposure.
Speaker 4: Three point three billion.
Speaker 3: Stable coin is one of these. So stable coin is extremely important because that's the stable coin. Right. So the thing with crypto is that crypto currency, the word currency is a little misleading because most people aren't using it as currency. Currency can't really fluctuate like that you're.
Speaker 5: Paying an over shot because they always savy bashing crypto. Well you're like a fifty millimeters or something.
Speaker 3: Oh I do I do want to about to put the Z on them. I do want to talk all crypto too, because you and me and ab actually had an enlightened conversation with Chris Lions, you know Chris Lions. Yeah, so I'll talk about that actually. But all right, so stable coin, right, this is important because let's say, like if you're trying to use bitcoin as a currency, we know how vild to bitcoin is, right, So it's hard for me to use any type of currency and say, Okay, I'm going to get my hair cut, and my haircut costs forty dollars today, next week is going to cost sixty dollars because the price of the currency fluctuated or is going to cost twenty dollars next week, Like you can't. It got to be stable, like the dollars. The dollar it changes over the cost of time, but it doesn't change that drastically where it's just like, oh, now the dollar's worth twenty cents tomorrow. So the stable coin was designed to be just that stable right where it doesn't really change, stays the same. You have stability if you want to get in and out of coins, if you want to just park your money somewhere, if you want to just have something that does not move but it's still not centrally backed, the stable coin is your alternative. Now, stable coins have had a lot of issues in stability, and that has caused even more fear in the crypto market. So this is something that's extremely important. Three point three billion in the sv B exposure situation. So what this tell us about stable coins and the whole crypto space in general.
Speaker 5: Trial Let you go first, before go on.
Speaker 6: No, I mean, it's an interesting thing because I just spoke about USDC like two weeks ago, and we had the privilege of sitting down with some of the leadership and maybe hopefully, you know, we can get them to come on and talk about it. But we need you now more than ever, right, And one of the things that we spoke about was the education around the space, and we talked about regulation, and this is one of those coins quote unquote that was in that realm of being relegated. And to see it, like you said, the word stable is like supposed to be a standard, and so to see that as the exposure and then to watch a goun on in ninety cents, it's like, yeah, the numbers don't lie, right.
Speaker 4: So the word I'm going to use is it increases the angst of people.
Speaker 6: Who are trying to get into space and try to have further education about it because they're watching these things happen in real time. The negative, the negative, the negative, the negative. And then it was like, oh wait, there's a regulation. This might be a positive for the space, and this could be something that can actually help elevate the space to get more people into it.
Speaker 4: Now we see this, it's like.
Speaker 5: If I were Family Diamond right now, I'll be going to the White House tonight and saying, Hey, we need to protect the American people. Let's speed up this initiative to put out our own stable coin and let it be government backed. Part of this is a part of the planned destruction of crypto, so that the government can't, which I told.
Speaker 4: Him, is well, it's it's that same thing, right.
Speaker 6: It was like, Yo, let's destroy it to the point where people have no trust and come in and become the saviors of the space.
Speaker 5: Because during every crisis there is room for a tyrant or a new regime to come in to pitch safety. The stable coin thing, it never made sense to me. And I know for all of you that you know are in the crypto community, is this not the time for me to bash anything because all of us investors need stick together. But even if something is stable and it's staying flat at one percent of at one dollar, if inflation goes up, aren't you negative technically? So if you invested in twenty seventeen or twenty eighteen or twenty nineteen and twenty twenty three, that's stable coin. The one dollar is actually negative. There's no stability. You are either growing or dying. There's no asset class. It just stays flat across the board. It is impossible. It is a mathematical improbability. Sounds good but in theory, and I ask everyone, or do you have any money tied to a stable coin right now? But who came up and funded the stable coin initiative the venture capital community.
Speaker 6: So originally it was for years it was tether and she got untethered and it was like, all right, if you know, just for in terms of how volatile the space is. It was like, all right, put your money here when you see these volatile times coming and it should be flat.
Speaker 4: You're not going to lose your mond. And then we see Taylor, Yeah, come apart. You know what it is.
Speaker 5: Stable Index funds to tech too.
Speaker 3: Index.
Speaker 5: No stress. I know you're tired of me saying it, and it's working. Apple amazing, Microsoft amazing. If I've made you money, please put yes and shut. I know my takes are not always the most favorable, but the advice is immaculate.
Speaker 3: So another thing, so going to this Chris Lions situation because Chris, I get some background on Chris Lions, is so all these people that I'm telling you guys like remember I said, Paul Judge, Richard Dennis, of course you already know who Don Peebles is legend, and we've introduced you to a variety of other different people. Ryan Glover He's another like these. So these people that I'm telling you about, right, you as an intelligent person. You should be googling these people to find out who they are, to see how you can add value to them, to see how you can get next to them, some of their thought processes that they've grossers of the worlders. These are people that are not celebrities, that don't have a million followers on social media. But these are the real people that's really moving things out here. So and they're all black, so that's important. When I'm just I'm not just saying these people's names, I'm actually saying these names to actually potentially help you, because if you don't know who they are, you you don't even you just walk right past them. Megan Meghan, yep, exactly, So all right, Chris lines he's the guy that actually started the Cultural Leadership Fund. So Meghan is the head of the Cultural Leadership Fund with adrecon Harwis a sixteen Z Howis is the largest one of the largest venture capital firms in the world. Ben Horwitz, it's our guy casually, so so Chris is a very interesting guy. But he is part of a Dreson Horwitz and started the Culture Leadership Fund even though he doesn't work on a coach. Leadership Fund anymore. He actually started it. Now he's on the crypto side.
Speaker 4: He's a prodigy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's invested in clubhouse doing all all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 6: So I'll let you finish suggest that he comes under the tutelage of Ben Horowitz. Right, So they saw his potential, they saw how inscitible his work, ethic was, his brilliance, and they're like, look, we're going to help you, uh, just become better at what you're doing. And outside of what comes from that is the Culture Leadership Fund.
Speaker 3: So all right, so that's who, that's who Chris Lions is for. For background reference, So the other day in l A me and a B we end up having dinner with Chris Lions. Is very random occasion, and we said.
Speaker 5: To you we all go where. We're gonna tell the location.
Speaker 3: It was at, give our spot, spot, that spot we frequent there. They're gonna be waiting with sALS.
Speaker 4: I know they was coming in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're gonna be a with their trade and portfolios to ask for tips. But all right, so we haven't done it. Very random situation and we're just talking and he's a very big crypto enthusiast, so I'm asking him. I'm like, all right, just give me the real is it over the gig up? Just be honest with me the IRI and he was like, bro, like it didn't even start yet, Like it didn't even start yet. And he said something that was extremely insightful to me. He was like, you know the problem that everybody's making right now with crypto and web three and NFT.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIIC.
Speaker 3: Earners.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 7: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, The receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day in prison and deported. You will never return. But if you registered using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department at Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: It is that they're all looking at it individually, singular. He's like, it's not going to work like that. He's like, it's only going to work when it's embedded and they're all working together, so you don't even realize that it's actually working. An example that he gave was GPS, and he was like, you know, when GPS was first created, it was you know, a revolutionary technology, and it has been beneficial for people just to use GPS on its own. He's like, but the real application in GPS is the things you don't even think about. He was like, Let's take Uber, right, He's like, Uber runs off GPS. There's no Uber without GPS. He's like, another application with Uber is payment processing. He's like, no payment processing is on their own. But how many things are integrated with payment processing that you don't even realize. So if you look at it like that Uber. So there's no Uber without GPS, there's no Uber. And without payment processing, there's no Uber without a smartphone. Right, There's no Uber without effective Wi Fi. All of these things merge together and create a great company like Uber. Right, So he was like, when the crypto, the NFTs, the web three, the blockchain, all of that, the i AI, all of that, at one point is all going to merge. It's not going to be just look at chat, GBT by itself, let's invest in bitcoin by itself, let's buy a board eight by itself. All of that is going to merge to the point where it's going to be a very organized package. You're not even going to fully realize it, and that's the real evolution of this Web three technology. And so he said, he's like, we're a long way away from that ten years. He didn't give a set timeframe, but he said what he said with some time wafe. But he was like, so it's so. His theory was that this is still early. People still haven't figured it out, corporations still haven't figured it out. But when they do figure it out, cryptocurrency is going to be at the center of that as far as the finance part of it, and it's only going to go up from there. He also said bitcoiny theory leading the way. Obviously, that's the safest play in the situation. He talked about a few others.
Speaker 5: But your name one other names for the audience.
Speaker 3: I forgot it. Damn, I forgot.
Speaker 5: That's a good The beating is playing on fire. I can't sing, Paul to play for the show. I gotta fly back all money in editor, gotcha, gotcha old money and no money.
Speaker 3: But so, yeah, so I just think that, you know, that's an interesting take, and I think, you know it's when he said it like that, I'm like, damn, I really thought about it, especially the GPS thing. So we'll see, we'll see. You know, right now crypto does not look too promising for a variety of different reasons from people the security issues, from from the fluctuation, the government to a variety of different things. But we'll see.
Speaker 4: It will take time to be woven into the fabric.
Speaker 3: So you know what's so crazy? I used to live in Hawaii, right and Hawaii?
Speaker 4: Hold on, what's it? Go ahead for those that didn't know, in Hawaii? And he played ball in Hawaii.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the fact.
Speaker 4: Now I used to ship them CDs out there. But that's another thing.
Speaker 3: Continue, so beautiful islands. You know, it's a whole chain of islands, right, and you know, obviously everybody knows Hawaii waterfalls and rainforests and beaches and all of that stuff. But I'm sure you know, but most people don't know how Hawaii was actually formed. It was formed through a volcanic explosion. Right, So the volcano explosion thousands millions, millions of years ago, huge volcanic explosion erupted underground and all of those there was all volcanic rock. So it's crazy because the oldest island is all Green Kawhi. They called the Green Island right, and that's because it's so over the course of time, the volcanic rock turns into to lush green. The youngest island is the Big Island, and they still have large pits of volcanic rocks because the time hasn't caught up yet. So the volcanic rock exploded, it stood there. It took millions of years from the time that it actually was just solid rock for the rain to come in the water for it to turn into vegetation into what we see now. So that is an important lesson as far as the nature thing, because the beginning of things usually are violent and dangerous and scary, and that's like the beginning of starting something. Then it takes a long.
Speaker 5: Time, million years before we.
Speaker 4: Cut that up. We got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it takes it takes a long time for it to be nurtured to see the final product. A lot people just see Hawaii. They don't see the volcano, they don't see the millions of years of rain, they don't see the vegetation taking time to complete. They just see the final product where you just go on vacation today. So that's an analogy for just life in general, but especially like any new space, any new space. It's gonna be violent when it first starts, it's gonna be explosive, it's gonna be all kinds of issues. You got to be able to work through that. You're gonna have to be able to have patience, and you're gonna have to have foresight to see the rainbow that we put a rainbow and looking at the rainbow goal, that's amazing, going to cause two podic goal.
Speaker 5: But what happened to NFTs going up to and now I'm coming with the mob when I said it, okay, so here's the lesson.
Speaker 3: Number one.
Speaker 5: You want to invest in every asset class for ten to thirty years, right, I mean you want to buy at the best prices. But when it was at sixty thousand and everyone was saying it was going to one hundred, I said it was twenty. They called me crazy Bitcoin you're talking about Yes, we have three what NFTs? It's going to be a ten to fifteen year cycle. Also, go to Apple site and video site. When they start hiring for more crypto jobs, that's when you'll see an explosion. If you go to the job site, you can see Apple when they were actively hiring for these positions. Two years ago. They are not hiring as quickly for the space anymore.
Speaker 4: Those are one of those measures you're looking at.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I want to see what with Tim Cook and the cartel is doing actively in space because they are going to like the same thing with Uber. There would be no Uber or payment processing that scale, GPS scale without the app store.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I think one of the things we've learned, and especially when we talked about it last week, is like, by the time you hear about it, they've been working on it for two years, you know what I'm saying. So like the same thing that he's talking about is happening right now, we're just not aware of it because it's not ready to be presented to us, right, And so yeah, the time frame is important, but technology expedites everything, and so it's probably happened. It's just about how it's going to be woven into the fabric of society and who is going to be the order of it, right, because it could.
Speaker 4: Be a new company or could be a stabused probably that we have that we trust.
Speaker 6: I feel like it'll have to be somebody that we already trust to present us in a way that could be digestible for us.
Speaker 5: But going back to your same volcanic analogy, when they finally announced the recession, that's when the new crop of money is going to be thrown into the market and we're going to se like new creators, new companies, new ideas that will allow those to flourish and turn into profitable.
Speaker 4: What's what's the business that flourishes from this? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right, we saw two thousand and we spoke about companies. Uber is one of those, Airbnb is another. Yeah, what's the company that comes out of this?
Speaker 5: Yeah. They have to announce the disaster first though, and let the lava flow into the market so we can have We're just gonna stay with this lout.
Speaker 3: Let it burn. My graduates from my school being forced back drop drop, Mike drop backdrop drop.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from l Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families.
Speaker 2: Will be protected. Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,