Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is nick Shots, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now. Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: And here we are on a Tuesday afternoon at two o'clock for a special edition of Mixed Shots. As there are not football players on the football field, there are r v's on the football field, right, trailers on the trailers on the field. Because we are getting you ready for the big event on Thursday night, Right, Mickey spagne We're.
Speaker 3: Gonna preview the ACMs.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right. Might have a special guest you have the Have the stars arrived yet for it?
Speaker 4: Just I haven't seen anybody, so we'll have to settle for ever Walls instead.
Speaker 2: Hello, Eversin. Has nothing to do with the draft, nothing nothing to do with the draft, and nothing to do with the ACM Awards either.
Speaker 5: I can read it for you though when my time comes.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, we'll look forward to that.
Speaker 4: Tickets still available according to this yes.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Hate ever since did you grow up in Hamilton Park A big country and western fan.
Speaker 5: I did not, but uh, the uncles and my family, yeah, all of them with cowboys that from East Texas.
Speaker 2: Uh huh so my before country cool.
Speaker 5: My mom's oldest brother, uh Fay Armstrong. He was a good baseball player, but he was also he rode horses and the cutting.
Speaker 2: Cut cutting horse. Yeah, j Novichik specially.
Speaker 5: He could do that.
Speaker 2: He did that did my way bring it back to cowboys there, that's.
Speaker 5: Right, top cowboys. But now he he was very good at that, and you know, after a while he started getting you know, when you get older, you know, stuff started messing with his legs and so he couldn't ride anymore. But he gave me his uh the rubber things hook onto the saddle and all that kind of stuff. Yeah, obviously that that tradition didn't make it down to our generation.
Speaker 3: The rains, the rains.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but they wouldn't know. The rains is when you when you ride it. But this is the stirrups. Now, this is the stuff that you strapped things down with all the back.
Speaker 3: Okay, so now your past knowledge, yeah, it basically it was straps.
Speaker 5: It was straps. I ended up getting some of those, but no, he was very good at that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know, black folk has been doing cowboy stuff for so long. My family was one of the one of the ones that were doing it out in East Texas. But I didn't even like horses. Horses scare me because if a horse hits you with his head. Yep.
Speaker 2: My wife loves horses.
Speaker 3: But I think I scare horses because they don't listen to me.
Speaker 5: Well, at least they let you get on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of like people. People don't listen.
Speaker 3: That's right, right, not enough. But I prepared for the a c MS this weekend because you did. I saw Luke Combes.
Speaker 2: By the way, okay, what position does he play?
Speaker 3: Uh, center field in the band? Right in the middle, that's drum then yeah, no, the drummers are all in the back.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, all right, very good. It looks like you're prepared for mix shots too, not one, not two, not three, but four.
Speaker 3: Can't remember stuff, I can recall it.
Speaker 2: And you got and by the way, you got your hockey beard going too.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: Boy, that was something I think I woke up the person that was next to this weekend.
Speaker 5: It was a lot of good sports.
Speaker 3: Came back and won.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, and the Winnipeg Jets told the Dell after Miko Renton and had scored three goals a hat trick in the final twelve minutes on Saturday night to propel the Stars to a game seven win. And then the next night Winnipeg said, hold my beer, Yeah we got you. Did you see into that one? We got you. They're they're down, Louis choke, They're down two goals with two minutes left, and Winnipeg scored with one fifty six left to make it a one goal game, and then with one point six seconds left they scored a goal to force overtime, and then they won in the second overtime, and it was deep in the second overtime. That's four minutes left.
Speaker 5: That's the Winnipeg Jets. I know because when I went to my only Stars game and we talked about this recently, they kicked out but for both nothing. Yeah and so, but the Stars themselves, I can't see. I couldn't see a team like that making such a turnaround in such quick fashion. And then the most important part of the season, of course, you're going into the playoffs and all of a sudden they catch fire.
Speaker 2: You know, and it's interesting, yeah, because they were just horrible and they were you know, you take it back two years ago to the Rangers when they won the World Series. They were horrible in early September, and then all of a sudden they call up Evan Carter who twenty one year old, and he goes off and they make the playoffs and then they win the World Series. And didn't hear the Stars are doing the same thing. And now we bring it back to the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Because Miko Rattnan was something else in the third period in that game seven. They call them, They don't call them moose for nothing.
Speaker 2: It was Miko magic.
Speaker 3: Migo magic?
Speaker 5: Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 2: We no longer have Luca magic.
Speaker 3: This is yeah.
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 4: The guy that was going to save the world went to l A and they got elimonade almost swept?
Speaker 5: What the hell almost swept?
Speaker 3: How did that happen?
Speaker 5: A guy named Anthony Evans.
Speaker 3: I couldn't guard him.
Speaker 2: No man? All right, all right, So we also at this weekend as well, Actually do.
Speaker 3: You guys all attend the Rookie Mini camp?
Speaker 2: Well, I was about to get there, Okay. Everson talked about what a great Sports Weekend. It was when Scotti Scheffler when the c J cub Byron Nelson Okay with record set record tying fashion. Dak Prescott made an appearance out at Texas Motor Speedway on Sunday. He did or the NASCAR race. He was throwing footballs before the race began out there. He didn't know the officials start your engines. No, he wasn't that. I don't know. He was out there for some reason, Okay, and maybe he was just having fun. Yeah, it was a great day for it. So and that brings us now to the Rookie Mini.
Speaker 4: Camp, which was basically one day and it was not much more than a walk through practice my understanding.
Speaker 2: So it sounds like you weren't there.
Speaker 3: I was not there. That's why that's why we changed this day of the of.
Speaker 4: Mix shots from yesterday. I was out of town, so I said, I was scouting Luke Combs.
Speaker 3: Where was that New Orleans?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay jazz festival. Oh my daughter and son in law were down there for the jazz festival.
Speaker 4: I don't think I bumped into them in part of five hundred thousand people that I think were there over four days.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I asked, did I miss anything? And my answer was no, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Anybody I was here in town and I knew I was not going to miss anything, and so I didn't come out here.
Speaker 4: They had like nineteen guys out there working what were they doing? Ten draft choices, nine or eight uh, rookie free agents and one quarterback workout so they could have quarterbacks there.
Speaker 2: Donovan Smith, former Texas Tech reederator in Houston.
Speaker 3: Houston, right, yeah, Houston. He started at Texas at Tech.
Speaker 2: Okay, but and they did not sign him, Yes, yes, they did not.
Speaker 3: He was a tryout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had got to have somebody out there. You know what it was more orientation, which is what has become in recent years, which is what used to Okay, this is our first opportunity to go see the rookies out there, and then they would have like first year guys who didn't get any playing time, and so you would have more people out there, and whether they have nineteen players out there, yeah, and then you've so they weren't playing. They were basically going to just be a walkthrough on Friday, they get they arrive on Thursday, they get equipment and get checked in and stuff on Thursday, they at meetings and all that, and then they had a walk through that was going to be open and a rain Cats and Dogs on Friday, and so then it got delayed until so they just stayed inside and they were setting up for the ACM Awards, so there was nothing inside Ford Center either for the media access anyway. So the first time then the media could get there on the far field, the grass field was open, and so they were able to go out there and run around a little bit on Saturday.
Speaker 4: And what did they do basically individual drills, position drills, just kind of just orient the guys to maybe how they're going to practice when they get to OTA's. It's nothing like you're going to say, well, coach, what did they look like? You know, well, they look like just what we saw on film, so you know before they go out there in practice.
Speaker 5: That's because when guys get hurt, they didn't put much value into the players. Then now the players the contracts is so big you can't even risk getting them injured.
Speaker 4: Right in practice, right and and and so the OTAs don't start until I think two weeks, not this week. Following back in the day, they would they would no, they would go out there and practice. I remember I remembered distinctly Patrick Creighton, seventh round draft choice, and he came out here and Parcels was the head coach, and they're practicing, you know, helmets, no pads, right, which is worse because boys will be boys, right, You're gonna try hard. If you have to dive for a ball, you're gonna die for a ball. Well, he ended up with a foot injury, and he came out and played practice the next day, and the next day's limping through it. And I'm going, what do you think about? You know, you can't go out there and do that. He goes, do you think is a seventh round draft choice? If I don't go out there with Bill Parcells as the head coach, then I'm even gonna make it to training camp. And he probably was right, And they used to get so many soft tissue injuries. So I don't know, three four years ago, they turned it into orientation because they knew these guys, especially the draft choices, they've been on the traveling circuit, right interviews, thirty visits combine. Then they're not practicing football and they're probably not in great shape. I can remember when they drafted. It was what twenty ten des Bryant and you know, the first practice they come out here, it's ninety degrees high humidity, and oh, dez Bryant, this guy could make He's not in shape, he's pukin and or non you know, but they're they're not ready for So they finally backed off and said, let's be smart about this and make sure we get guys in shape before they go out there.
Speaker 3: Now the veterans have been doing all their their workouts. Yeah, these guys all they were working out was for the draft and traveling all over the place. So they finally got smart about it. So the O So back in the day, you didn't even have that, did you.
Speaker 5: We had you know, OTAs that was about it.
Speaker 3: But they called it quarterback school.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and so uh and of course we had the rookies come in, uh and all rookies at the same time. Yeah, we did have that. No veterans were there, but Tony Hill came up there and one of somebody just kind of wom them up.
Speaker 2: You're talking about your rookie year, yes, so about how many rookies were out there your rookie year. The first time that you set foot. How many rookies was out there with us hundred? Yeah, it was about one hundred and twenty five rookies.
Speaker 5: That's what.
Speaker 2: And basically they were there trying out. Yeah, well most of them signed the contract.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had been signed.
Speaker 2: I'm asking is I just saw this. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are hosting twenty two rookies and veterans for tryouts at their Rookie Minute. Yeah, this week. So they got they got a list of them all, and I see one of them, bro Oklahoma, And I don't know why he bust have paid his old way down there for the tryout, because.
Speaker 5: But everything, everything has changed now because as players, we weren't doing the right things. We were out there we had OTAs would interrupt our road basketball schedule we had in the off season. Yeah. I love that. Yeah, so we're out there playing basketball. We're not caring about injuries. And I don't recall anyone getting injured doing any of our basketball games.
Speaker 2: I love those basketball games. I remember going out and watching them at the University of Dallas. Yeah, play and you.
Speaker 5: Knew who had who had game, you know, and and you know, you give it, gave you a little bit more respect because you can do more than one sport. Oh, I thought he was just a football player. Well, no, I just you know, doing three sixty slam.
Speaker 2: In the Cowboys. Basketball did travel around the state. They Yeah, I said state because I remember coming out to Lubbock.
Speaker 5: Is an easy ride. We take a drive down there. We wouldn't catch a flight, but we had flights all over. We go to New Mexico, Colorado, Ron Springs and I did a game out there. We went to some Indian nation in Colorado, window Rock Nation, window Rock Nation. We went out there and got a sponsorship from him.
Speaker 2: So who are the guys that played on the on the off season basketball?
Speaker 5: Teach everybody? Uh do what I said, Tony Hill, Ron Springs too tall, everybody, Lockhart, Michael downs Manny Hendricks, Randy White, Hell no.
Speaker 2: Not everybody. I mean you didn't have a White point guard, not a.
Speaker 5: Point guard, but Brian Baldinger point guard. Yeah, and uh Kevin Yeah he was an enforcer, which he was.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, we had the players, man, even croffor Kerr tried to come out there and playing. We had them all. We had them all. Nate no, never, Nate never played.
Speaker 3: And they's like a you guys could have that big big Daddy was out there.
Speaker 5: Big Daddy was out there. Big Daddy had a ball.
Speaker 2: So like, how much would y'all make off that?
Speaker 5: We might get paid three hundred dollars a game? And then when Ronn and I took over, we did better because we started getting sponsors and we paid him a little bit.
Speaker 3: More like seven and the places you that was for charity.
Speaker 5: So we would split the chair, split it with him. We did the correct way. Uh, instead of just you know, chump change, we made it into something that you know, well, guys, could you just kind of make a little living off that in the offseason because it wasn't making a whole bunch of money. It's a bunch of free agents out there a little bit some of them.
Speaker 2: Those were the days. Those were the days.
Speaker 3: You weren't getting ten thousand dollars signing modus.
Speaker 5: No, we weren't.
Speaker 2: Who would you play against?
Speaker 5: They always had a charity that brought their own team. Now that sounds good because we will whip all those little kids, little guys, old guys got played in Texas A and M football team. No, you did not whipped our asses. I mean they had guys shooting three pointers like Steph Curry and they ran us.
Speaker 3: Out of there was no three pointers back then.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's how old do you think I am?
Speaker 2: So the A and M was so that would be in the eighties. So I wonder if Kevin Murray. I wonder if Kevin Murray played now it was in the eighties, he played to A and M.
Speaker 5: And I would say, yeah, and those were the That was the end of that. That's when I was about to leave.
Speaker 2: So yeah, the late eighties, late ladies, okay, wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I don't know who those guys were, but they had this white dude that shout us out the gym. They had this brother. They was about the same size, same height, little point. They shot us out of the gym and we started putting in the young guys.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 5: It was somebody I'm sure had something.
Speaker 3: Was that legal back then?
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Could the A n M coach be there to watch?
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure they were there the whole everybody.
Speaker 3: Who was the old metal It was very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had fun.
Speaker 3: Man, I covered one of the regionals they qualified for.
Speaker 5: That was fun stuff. Yeah, they came out, they tore us up. Pretty good. That's so pretty good. We played the we played the Washington Wizards.
Speaker 2: You did not, Yes?
Speaker 5: Is that the funny?
Speaker 2: The team? You know, the general Marcus at the General Trotters, Washington General.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he ended up, you know, separated from the Globe Trotters and he started.
Speaker 2: His own Marcus Marcus Haynes.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, So he you know, did some games with us, and you know, they got a little nervous because you know, we didn't want to be no damn Washington Generals. We wanted to come out and kick their butts, and so we actually you know, started playing. I mean, we got some big guys on our team. So when you come with some basketball players, they're not the accustomed to somebody like Lockhart, who, yeah he's a middle linebacker, but he also can shoot a little bit, you know, Michael Downs, you know, yeah he's a free safety, but he can sky and he can block your shots. So, you we had athletes out there and we started winning. And when you start winning against the team that's supposed to win, they started stopping the game and okay, let's do our little tricks. You see what I'm saying time, because we're about to kick your butts.
Speaker 2: So todar right.
Speaker 5: Doing all the shots and then we lost the game because they we had to let them do that. You know, man, we were about to whoop the bus man. We're about to whoop that.
Speaker 2: But such a better time then, you know, And nobody can have your home run derbys.
Speaker 5: But be a nobody got hurt. Nobody got hurt. That's crazy. No one got hurt.
Speaker 2: You know, they had too had something recently. I mean when t O was here. I had been right after he retired, but he was there. There was a former Cowboy basketball celebrity game that was like ilvert one of the high schools in Carrollton, maybe r'l Turner High School or whatever. I remember doing a live shot from there.
Speaker 5: And and nobody cared about no one anticipated injuries.
Speaker 3: Point.
Speaker 2: But I remember one of the female referees at that gave She sees me and she says, I recognize you.
Speaker 3: I know you.
Speaker 2: You live in south Lake. I used to call games in south Lake. You used to yell at e undergirls basketball. No, that was some other white guy.
Speaker 5: We all look like.
Speaker 3: All right, you know, I played in a age.
Speaker 4: It was a charity flag football game against the Cowboys. It was for charity out at that stadium in Farmers Branch, the big one stand stadium.
Speaker 2: Which Cowboys have worked out there before when there, yeah Branch.
Speaker 4: No, not Standards the other one maybe it was what yeah whatever, anyway, we played, Uh it was there was a kind of a flag football league team that played in Dallas.
Speaker 3: Low's that's yeah, and we played.
Speaker 4: They had their team and then brought in some media people and I played, and they sent me out at cornerback, right, So I line up, they break the huddle. Who comes and lines up in front of.
Speaker 3: Me, Bob Hayes, And I'm going, oh, you gotta be kid. Well, this was at the end. This was at the end. I mean his career was this had to be eighty five. Oh wow.
Speaker 4: He could barely run, right, And I was like, this is depressing because I could run better than him, right.
Speaker 2: But they put Bob Hayes on me, right.
Speaker 4: And then at the end of the game, I didn't realize this was a whole setup that they were supposed to win, right, and We're trying hard, and I broke up a Roger Staubach pass in the end zone to Drew and I thought I was cool, Right, So they set it up the next possession that they had to They had to come down and win, right, And so they have me cover Drew and it's like everybody quit but me because they had to score the winning touchdown, right, And we get to the end zone, stallback passes coming.
Speaker 3: I see it. I'm getting ready to jump, and Drew puts.
Speaker 4: His hand on my shoulder, shoves me into the ground, catches the wind like the.
Speaker 2: Right Eddie spikes it and they all they beat us.
Speaker 3: Right, and I'm going, okay, I get it. It was a setup.
Speaker 5: They treated you like Everson Walls out there. Man, that's a damn shot. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Put his hand on my shoulder and shove me to the crowd.
Speaker 2: All right, We're going to empty Mickey's yesgle pad when we come back here on mix shots.
Speaker 7: In just a moment, Cowboys football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff? Tailgate's going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Briskey in the Smoker, Miller Light and the Clue America's team playing America's greatest sport.
Speaker 5: Miller Lite, the only beer of.
Speaker 7: The Dallas Cowboys Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 2: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the letter Rip Troy?
Speaker 8: All right, folks, let's get started with the Eddy French Press and Joe Colby This Day's hot for hours and French Press thirty four as for U six four with the cruise of Yetty French Press. What mix waterproof bags bags and waterproof some and where's for waterproof Devil's waterproof bag bags forts most of water shoul get a waterprove YETI bagg you.
Speaker 2: Dont smell something cooking?
Speaker 8: New cast iron skillets make to be passed down like marmas recipes. Take a steak, cornback, Commerce, pop pine and potatoes. Next over with three sizes of the Yetty cast iron Skillers.
Speaker 6: Gear gifts and product experts, visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 9: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing.
Speaker 9: Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Scott kitsch it slid for the first.
Speaker 9: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 2: Throw my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 1: Demict shuts.
Speaker 5: The sixtieth Academy of Country Music Awards are returning to a Ford Center at the Star in Frisco on May eighth. Enjoy live performances from Landy Wilson, Blake Shelton, Eric Church, and Moore. Don't miss this celebration six decades in the making, all hosted by entertainment icon Reba mcintide. Tickets are available now at seat geek dot com. I thought you said was going to be on the show. Who said that?
Speaker 2: I said, I was just trying to get you to the studio at a hurry.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you think she's out in one of those trailers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's waiting. I don't think so. All right, what do you want to get to first? Here?
Speaker 3: You got any draft leftovers that stuck out to you? Ask?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll to give you my impression. Someone asked me the other day who in this draft class for the Cowboys do you think we'll make the besides Tyler Booker will make the biggest impact his rookie season. And I didn't think long, and I just I said, I think the second round pick is going to make a huge impact, Right is rookie season?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Donovan is a roku.
Speaker 4: I mean we're talking uh leading the Acs, well, leading the nation with sixteen and a half sacks.
Speaker 2: He also had eighty tackles.
Speaker 4: Right, which is even more impressive when you're looking for a defensive end to replace DeMarcus Lawrence.
Speaker 5: That's what they do. That's what he does.
Speaker 4: He can play the run, which is gonna be ultimately important for this team. I think Blue is going to be and I think and that's my guy.
Speaker 3: I think Blue.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, I saw I had read prior to the draft and before to Shire choice went to Detroit, he was still at Texas, and he's the guy that recruited Blue. He was the running back coach, and he basically compared him to Jamar Gibbs. And he actually came out and I saw the quote and he said, speed wise, Blue is very similar to Jamar Gibbs because he's fast and he can catch the ball out of the backfill. And so if I had to compare anybody to his body type, it's Gibbs. They look a little different and how they play. But the more Blue matures, he has a chance.
Speaker 3: To be better than Gibbs.
Speaker 2: And when did to Shard say, before the draft, before before he went to before he became a Detroit Lion. Yes, coach coaching Jamir Gibbs. Yes, Now, he had coached Jamir Gibbs in college though too, at Georgia Tech.
Speaker 4: Right, So yeah, so he knew Gibbs and that's who he blew he compared to. So this guy, he's got some talent now, just got to hold out into the football and you know, and and of course that's all anybody.
Speaker 3: Can say about him. Well he put the ball, he lost four fumbles. Okay, I get it.
Speaker 2: But but Longhorn fans will tell you they were it was when he lost the football.
Speaker 3: Well, I got you.
Speaker 5: Well, but like anything else, I'm assuming that limiting your fumbles is something that can be coached out of you.
Speaker 3: Like technique. He said it was technical, his technique on holding the ball.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's not something that you know, it's just in hamming. I have to fumble again, you know, Yeah, that that can be you know, coached out of you.
Speaker 3: So I'll take my chance out on four to three eight exactly.
Speaker 5: Well and once again go ahead.
Speaker 2: Well, one thing I was going to keep in mind on Blue too, there's a lot of tread left on those tires. He did not play his senior year in high school to focus on getting ready for college for whatever reason, so he didn't have any carries that year. Then he's playing behind Vjeon Robinson and then Jonathan Brooks at Texas or he's in rotation by his second year there. So his first year there he only carried fifteen times. So now you've gone two seasons without really putting much wear and tear on you at all. Then in twenty twenty three he had fourteen games, no start, sixty five carries for three hundred ninety eight yards six point one yards of carry. And then finally this year he became more of a workhorse, but it was still in hand him in seven hundred and thirty yards and forty two catches and had fourteen touchdowns.
Speaker 5: Could you imagine the diversity that they would give us if this guy, yeah, was able to play and come out of the backfield. And I always think about him being you come out with two running backs, but yet you can shift put him in the slot. Next thing, you know, we're not running the ball. You know we're passing the ball. We catch the defense off guard, you catch a mismatch from someone who's trying to guard him. She's gonna be a linebacker going to try and guard him if he's at the slot or running out of the backfield. You can do so much with this guy, And once again I worry about us not having enough wide receivers with enough experience or if nothing else, we don't have any mismatches at the slot position when you're talking about the wide receivers that we have. He can create that mismatch for us, right depending on how they want to use him. And that's what I'm excited about. This guy can come out of the backfield and make plays for us, especially on those third downs where we got to move the chains. Not only that catch them in on goal line, the mismatches there can be exploited so much.
Speaker 4: Think if if they have him on the field as the same time at the same time of Cavante Turpe, there you go and you don't have And one of the questions we had to answer this week on Dallas Cowboys dot com uh in our mail bag, and it's not going to appear till tomorrow, but was the Cowboys that everybody's making a big deal out of they don't have a number two receiver. The question was, but don't you think there's enough combinations of other receivers that can make up for it. My answer was, they do, but they don't have a experienced, start game starting wide receiver to take the pressure off of off of set LAMB. But the alternative is maybe I can do it with speed because Turpin may not have the experience. Blue no NFL experience, but guess what, you still got to cover them, right. It's it's the old Jimmy Johnson deal on Alexander Wright, and you know everybody's talking about, well, you know he's fast, but.
Speaker 3: You know he's he's not a really good ride receiver.
Speaker 4: And Jimmy's answer was, well, yeah, but you never know when he's gonna catch one, he will be open and.
Speaker 3: Then he's gone.
Speaker 4: So they can maybe offset that lack of experience at the number two or number three receiver with guys that have speed.
Speaker 2: Here's a little something for you. I'm just comparing Jaden Blue and Jamier Gibbs. They both come into the came into the league at age twenty one. They both are Blue at the combine five nine, one hundred and ninety six pounds Gibbs five nine, one hundred and ninety nine pounds. Blue ran a four to three eight and Gibbs ran a four to three six, and in their last year of college, Blue had one hundred and thirty four carries averaging five and a half yards of carry eight touchdowns. Gibbs at Alabama is a lone year at Alabama, one hundred and fifty one carries, six yards of carry, seven touchdowns. Blue had forty two catches out of the backfield six touchdowns and Gibbs had forty four catches three touchdowns out of the backfield. Almost identical stats there last year on teams that played deep into the College Football Playoff.
Speaker 4: And with a guy like that, you're not going to wear them out as a workhorse, right, You're gonna spot them right.
Speaker 3: Or use them.
Speaker 2: And that's what like what Gibbs he goes to Detroit with David Montgomery and.
Speaker 3: And what about pace?
Speaker 4: If you think about it, when Paul was so successful, it was a change of pace between how Zeke ran and how he ran. And you tell me, do you get used to a running back speed and then they bring in another guy and all of a sudden, he's a step or two faster.
Speaker 5: Man. That's tough. That's tough. It's tough for covering why running backs period. In the passing game, it's hard for a defensive back, a cornerback to cover a running back with a lot of moves in the slot.
Speaker 3: And plus you can't get your hands on him. If he lines up in the backfield right he gets a running start, he does, and that's.
Speaker 5: Very difficult, very difficult, even as a strong safety coming down free safety, very difficult to cover a running back come out of the back.
Speaker 3: And you probably can't do it with a linebacker.
Speaker 5: Oh no, you can't do it, no doubt about it. And that's where the mismatch is gonna come in for us. And so when you start talking about a mismatch in one area, then you can exploit it in another area, but it won't be down the field. You got we got tight ends and it can catch the ball. We got tight ends that can really catch the ball, but they're not going down the field. But when it comes to moving the chains, we can move the chains with what we have right now. My problem is can one of those wide receivers step up and still give CD a chance on the other side, Because you can go running back tight ends all you want. If you need big plays, you're gonna have to get another wide receiver that can do that. I don't mean do it consistently, right, but at least at least have that second option other than having CD going down the field.
Speaker 4: You have you have to have a wide receiver out there. The defense respects another one.
Speaker 5: I don't know if we have that. I don't know if we right now.
Speaker 4: They're gonna take their chances as it is, don't you think at the wide receiver position to add to that.
Speaker 5: And they've got they have a science one yet and there that's that time is really if it hadn't went out already, that time is really is. They're still away.
Speaker 3: A couple of guys out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, a couple of guys. And there's a reason there's still a couple of guys out.
Speaker 4: There, well, one of two reasons. Either they're at the end, or they're actually wanting too much money.
Speaker 2: Or it could be that they don't want to come here right now. They look still early May, right right. It's kind of like an Aaron Rodgers thing. Okay, Aaron Rodgers is sitting there like, Okay, do I myself, at age forty whatever he is, do I want to go to Pittsburgh in May? Or would I just as soon go in June and get by me another month here of freedom?
Speaker 5: These wims are out there, there are no Aaron Rods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying Amari Cooper.
Speaker 5: I just want that. But I'm just luxury to think that, right, They don't have that luxury.
Speaker 2: Well, there's only a certain number of teams that are bidding for their services and so and but here's the other thing to think about. Teams can there are acl injuries that can happen in May and so someone like an Amari Cooper sitting there, why would I settle for now when just give it a little.
Speaker 5: Bit of time. You'd better be ready when you come right.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, because the desperation, the desperation factor will go up if you lose a wide.
Speaker 3: Receiver and it's like, okay, now you're going to have to pay me this, right, But you'd.
Speaker 5: Better come in ready to go. Yeah, No, you'd better come in ready to go. And I don't know what veterans think like nowadays in regards to these critical positions. Do are they practicing? Who are they practicing with? You know what quarterback are you practicing with out there? I know you're not practicing against a dB or anything. But while you're out there waiting, and I know you got experience because you're that particular age. But man, when you come in here as a as an experienced professional. You gotta be ready to go. We don't have ramp up time now, we don't have that.
Speaker 3: And like they have in training.
Speaker 2: And how about this from the from the team's perspective, this is an opportunity to see what they have with these guys. How much have these guys improved that they have on their own?
Speaker 5: And that's that's nothing. You know, I don't know much about how the wide receivers are in this camp or any other camp. When I you know, back in the day, you had wide receivers that were really looking to not just make the team. They were their thoughts were on starting, Their thoughts were on getting on that field, not to just be a guy playing special team. Now they had to play special teams. They get out there and try to ball out. But the point was, I'm going to put pressure on the guy in front of me. Do you have anyone out there that has made an impression to where somebody said, I see improvement, I see him being better than last year. They got to show me somebody.
Speaker 2: Let me let me give you a fairly recent example, although it's becoming less recent than as the years go by. Is there a Miles Austin out there. Think about Miles Austin when he came here and just looked up his stats from his first year in two thousand and six, he didn't get in at any He played in nine games, nothing on, no snaps on offense. Seven His second year, he had played sixteen games, all on special teams. Ten targets, five receptions. Third year eight twenty three targets, thirteen receptions. It wasn't until his fourth year in the NFL in two thousand and nine he had the first of back to back Pro Bowl seasons eighty one reception.
Speaker 5: And he's lucky?
Speaker 2: Is there someone lucky stuck around?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Is there someone that's developing behind the scenes here who can improve to the point where they can be a number two wide receipt? That's and that's one of the things that you start to kind of figure out as you go along here. I mean, even though like some name specs, well, I mean Ryan Illinois won the sixth round pick last year.
Speaker 3: The other leading candidate would be.
Speaker 4: Jalen Tolbert, which you've seen actually led the team with seven touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so by mentioning Ryan FLLINOI yeah, that's the guy that's off everybody's radar.
Speaker 3: He's the Miles Austin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. And is there someone like that who can develop into a number two receiver like Miles Austin did, Because you remember when Miles in those off seasons before before he emerged as a legitimate starting wide receiver in the league. Remember Romo talking about him. Romo would talk about, there's one guy that he had high hopes for.
Speaker 4: He saw his speed and it didn't erupt until that Kansas City game when maybe Owens was hurt, somebody was hurt. He had to play and he erupts. But before that, yeah, he was special teams kick return guy.
Speaker 5: You know what. The guy that I'm always thinking about is Toba. Yeah, and he stepped up. Yes, he caught some touchdown.
Speaker 3: I know, I get that, but you got to be conceited.
Speaker 5: I gotta see you what I got to move that chain when it's you know, two minutes to go, under two minutes to go, and I need a third and seventeen. Can you get that for me?
Speaker 2: Well, and to that point on Tobert, if you go back and look at his college career, it took him a couple of years at South Alabama before he became he was a late bloomer, okay, and.
Speaker 5: I'm all about that.
Speaker 2: And so so it was his third He was a five year guy I think at South Alabama. But it went until his last two years where he emerged. And so now he's going into his fourth season, okay. So, and he showed a lot of progress from his first year to his second year. I mean he went from his first year he had two catches for twelve yards, three targets, eight games. His second year in twenty twenty three thirty six targets, twenty two or okay, got a lot more opportunities last year without the starting quarterback for much of the season, seventy nine targets, forty nine catches, six hundred ten yards, and seven touchdowns. So that's real progress. Now, is Jalen Tolbert ready to take that next step to be the number two guy? And this is that this has to be the year and it him and that is his fourth year, and that follows the Miles Austin. It was his fourth year where he was he became what he became. What was his rookie year was six six.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and see when you look at the Miles Austin versus Tobert. First of all, there's a bit of a size different. Yeah, that's right, so and that that doesn't bother me as much. But if you play small, then that is a problem. If you have a tendency not to be able to get off the jam, yeah, that is a problem if you're that small. But you can still get off the jam. I don't care how small you are. If you can get off the jam and make plays, then that's the kind of guy we need. I don't know how well he is, because when it's crunch time, every defense in the NFL knows that if they get up in our faces, our wide receivers don't play as well.
Speaker 3: That's why there's speed guys need to take.
Speaker 5: That's why you gotta get off.
Speaker 2: You know, here's what Miles Austin had over You mentioned the size. Okay, he was two hundred and fifteen pounds and Tolbert came in one hundred and ninety five pounds. Okay, it's that explosion that Austin had. I mean, we're talking a forty vertical guy, same speed at time, speed at his pro day and combined four four nine for both of them. But Austin had that athletic Sober.
Speaker 5: I saw Toba get up for a couple of touchsdown whether we talk.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know what it's probably, but I'm just that's what put Miles Austin over the top athletics.
Speaker 5: And I'm asking because not so because tobas going to need something like that hasn't made to say, Okay, I can.
Speaker 2: Depend Toober's a thirty six vertical guy. That's what he was.
Speaker 3: So my favorite Miles Austin story is rookie year.
Speaker 4: We're at training camp and I was over there in our little work area and ox Nerd and Parcells is sitting on his his golf cart.
Speaker 3: Right, we're sitting there shooting the breeze. Miles Austin comes walking up.
Speaker 4: Parcels looks like this poor rookie, right, and he goes, hey, Austin, are you blankety blank smart? Just like that, and Miles goes, well, yeah, coach, well what was.
Speaker 2: Your SAT score?
Speaker 5: What he had?
Speaker 3: I don't know, he had some answer for it, right, and Parcells who well, that's impressive he would even yeah right right, that's suppresser. And then he goes so and they were both from the same area. Yeah, they were both neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Whatever did you get ice cream at such and such? Austin grew up in Garfield, New Jersey.
Speaker 3: Was just trying to intimidate him, right, and and and the kid kind of hung in there, but it was like, I'm sure, and his mind's going, what the hell? And I'm sitting there, I'm just thoroughly amused.
Speaker 2: Right, Parcels, Parcels is sitting there. Let's see if he's really a Jersey.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, yeah, if he exactly old school old man, All right, uh, and we're back with more old school old man cowboy talking just a moment.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package. Today.
Speaker 9: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Doak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Scott slides with the first.
Speaker 9: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie and crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 2: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 7: Today Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday morning Swagger brisket and the Smoker, Miller Lyte and the Cook. The America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 1: De vict Shuts.
Speaker 5: The Weekend is bringing the After Hours Tour Till Dawn Stadium Tour to AT and T Stadium on August twenty seventh and twenty eighth. Catch this all new show in support of the Full Album trilogy with Playboy Cardi and special guests Mike Dean. Get your tickets today at seak geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: You're gonna go see Playboy Carti.
Speaker 5: I don't even know who they're talking about.
Speaker 2: No, if he doesn't, I don't, we don't. Mike Dean, all right, there's much more in that legal pad of yours.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was gonna ask you if anybody in your big green notebook that the Cowboys signed as rookie free agents might have stuck out to you.
Speaker 3: Nope, come on, he's doing the break.
Speaker 2: Right Trey Shawn Holden Wide receiver from Oregon who played four junior adam Boys receiver that was resignated with me resignated resonates you he didn't resign.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I looked at the Rivaldo Fairweather, the tight end from Auburn who transferred there.
Speaker 5: And transferred from where he was like if I you I f I.
Speaker 2: U okay set the Auburn single season record for catches by a tight end and program history with thirty eight and six touchdown those history.
Speaker 3: How about the corner mark that the cornerback from Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Just challenge me.
Speaker 5: I'm going to come up with it all oh man, I mean Alabama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but aur did Barkley play football? He would have been not playing football.
Speaker 2: He would tell you he'd never I'm going to to cheat. I'll find one. Okay, talk making.
Speaker 4: Zion Zion Childress cornerback from your eye, just kind of looking at what he had done. He played multiple positions, played in the slot. Uh no, and if I remember correctly, give me this, well.
Speaker 2: You're looking that up found Ai just I said, I put in best Auburn tight end AI overview. The most highly regarded tight end in Auburn history is considered to be Walter Reeves. It was two times All America A known for his exceptional blocking abilities, excelling and run focused offense.
Speaker 5: Just think a tight ends.
Speaker 2: He thought that nineteen eighty seven and eighty eight, Walter Reeves. I thought we're talking sixties, so I'm still looking.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Zion Zion Childress, two time team captain, started twenty five straight games at the nickel position.
Speaker 3: Supposed to have top speed special teams.
Speaker 5: Nicol is a playmaking of.
Speaker 4: As matter of fact, they started his career at Texas State before he transferred to Kentucky in twenty twenty two. So, uh, that caught my eye. We talked about our last showed Tyler Neville. Yes, the tight the tight end from Virginia Harvard. His whole story, Yes, so you know he had a pretty good story. And then there's another cornerback from rock Rockwell, Heath Bruce Harmon.
Speaker 3: Ran a four four four forty Norman Rockwell. It's hard to well, I was really asking about.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's a town called rock Wall.
Speaker 5: Somewhere around here.
Speaker 3: And his name is Harmon. Get all the ages in there, we can uh that one. That one caught my eye.
Speaker 4: So uh, but the Oregon wide receiver Trey Uh, Trey Shawn Holden. Uh, they would have had inside information on him. Played at Oregon. His coach for two years there was Junior Adams, now the Cowboys wide receiver coach.
Speaker 2: And he's, by the way, is very confident. Dimensions six two five, ran A four five seven.
Speaker 3: All big, honorable man.
Speaker 2: Well, he started his career at Alabama. He was at Alabama for three years and then Oregon. In the last two years. Uh and had thirty seven catches in twenty three with bo Nick's throwing to him, uh in six touchdowns, and last year with Dylan Gabriel throwing to him, he had forty three catches, five touchdowns, sixteen and a half yards to catch. I said, he's very confident. He thinks that he was the best receiver in the draft.
Speaker 3: Just ask him, Wow, was that was in his interview when he got here?
Speaker 5: Was he wrong?
Speaker 2: He calculated Quinn yours thought he was so, and so they got a chance to prove it right right the other ever, since you thought you were the best cornerback in the draft too, exactly, So there you go, perfect example. I was, and you were perfect example and you went undrafted. Damn right, Yeah, Trey Shaun Holden Quinn, yours listened to Everson Walls. You can be the best any other cornerback in the draft.
Speaker 3: Stand out in there.
Speaker 5: Right, Oh yeah, right, decent career university, of course. But he moved to safety after after the strike. You in eighty two he moved and that was eighty one to said, yeah, but he was eighty one class.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: You know you've you've arrived when you can just say Ronnie and everybody knows you you're talking about. It's like you just say Everson and everyone knows.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, that's the unusual name. Ronnie. Yeah, you could pick a lot of Ronnie's, but you know who we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Just like when you say the name Walter, you think of the greatest tight end in Auburn history, and it's now a consensus. I looked it up and according to the Bleacher Report team, it's Walter Reeves. It's the he was a two time All American and second round draft pick.
Speaker 5: If I hear Walter, that's not the Walter, I'm going Okay, that ain't the one.
Speaker 4: Walter Reeves sounds like this. It's not like the hospital it does medical center. Okay, So my next question to you, guys, is we talked about wide receiver. What other position do you think is unfinished.
Speaker 2: For the cornerback? Cornerback, corner back, cornerback.
Speaker 4: Just the top of my list, cornerback, because you have Deron Bland, you have Trayvon Diggs whose medical issue with that cartilage problem and it wasn't like torn.
Speaker 3: There was a divot in it and they had to fill it in. And who knows if he'll be ready for Sorry, we can't put.
Speaker 5: Him on the list, right, We can't put him on the list.
Speaker 3: So we got if he is great, I doubt it, but he's now.
Speaker 4: My understanding is while he's not rehabbing here, he's rehabbing in Lord with somebody they're very familiar with, and they are understanding is it's going well. But again, until you get your hands on him yourself, you don't. And when they say going, well, what is the doing what he's supposed to be?
Speaker 5: Yeah? But does there hoping does that speed up his return? Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't know, or leave it at what it's supposed to be because its chances are he's going to start training camp at Pop on Pop is able to perform. You're hoping he's ready for the start of the season. Uh, And I think that's when you say it's going well, so you're hopeful for that. But even said that, there's no guarantee he's the same guy after suffering those back to back injuries knee injuries.
Speaker 5: So what other names we have?
Speaker 3: All Right?
Speaker 4: So I got Doron Bland Diggs, Caylin Carson who was pretty good until he hurt his shoulder and then he just kind of faded.
Speaker 5: And how's he looking.
Speaker 3: So he's back.
Speaker 4: I believe he had the shoulder surgery repaired and he's back now, so he should be ready to go. You traded for career veteran guy two years in the league, but he was a high draft choice and Buffalo was ready to let him go.
Speaker 3: God Booth, who you.
Speaker 4: Know they traded switched uh Shawn Wright for and Nayshaun Wright just got released and he was on the practice squad and Booth was he was one of those guys when he had to play.
Speaker 3: You were going, I don't know Josh Butler, so.
Speaker 2: You would feel Josh Butler's coming off in a c A. You got you got uh knee injuries at cornerback. Butler the first round of the third round pick Revel as well as Diggs. And I was going to feel and I feel much better about the cornerback position in November, and I do it September. Yeah, you got to get to November.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And and because everyone you're call him out here, you know it's a contingency.
Speaker 4: Revel will probably start training camp on Pop. But they're hopeful just because doctor Cooper did the surgery that they know as much about his uh situation as they can. And he was here doing his rehab at a rehab place in in the Dallas Fort Worth area and just and listening to him, and he's an outside corner.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, this kid is chomping at the bit to get back out there. So that's what you have. Do you need?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: A veteran.
Speaker 2: Ye Gilmore?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, And you're gonna have to decide what you can afford. Yeah, because Gilmore is like thirty five, ye thirty.
Speaker 2: Six, that's fine. He's in great shape. And and and you you might just need for apph a season. You know, you get these guys back, right, and you know you'll have injuries just get me to but you just got it. It's a long season and you get them.
Speaker 3: So, and what's today Today's so I look at it.
Speaker 2: You complete the roster?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that I was gonna say, got to get through those first four or five games. Well, we don't know what they are, but we will on May fourteenth, by a.
Speaker 2: Week from tomorrow. Yeah, And whether it's signing them now or signing them in June, whatever, they need to sign a Stephan Gilmore and a an Amari Cooper or a Keenan Allen. Which which pair do you like?
Speaker 5: I like Cooper?
Speaker 2: Okay, Cooper and Gilmore.
Speaker 5: We're familiar, man. Yeah, it's all about both of them. Yeah, they just sound like low hanging fruit to me.
Speaker 4: Really, Now, what about backup quarterback number two guy? You trusting what they have right now?
Speaker 2: I would like a veteran guy in here.
Speaker 4: He's just saying, though, absolutely, and there's a couple out there. I just want somebody that has started more than one game in the well, no, two games, two games, started two games, but that was twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: CJ. Bethard.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Will.
Speaker 5: Gear has been around here since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: I believe so, I believe.
Speaker 2: Well I remember that. I mean he's only been here most recently since December first because he was let go. He was with the Eagles because he was with Kelling Moore. He was let go and or and picked up.
Speaker 3: I think he started those two games with Carolina.
Speaker 2: Yes, he did with Carolina. He started two games early in his career.
Speaker 5: But that's it.
Speaker 2: Years old.
Speaker 5: He's been on thirty years old and nice boy, he's just can chill and just kind of.
Speaker 2: But he's been more practice squad than he hadn't been Chase Daniel on a fifty three man roster making that kind of money.
Speaker 4: Chase Daniels, that's what most of the boy for quarterbacks that lasted without having to start.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, must be nice.
Speaker 3: Which I heard his funny story. The first time he started was Kansas City.
Speaker 4: It was Christmas. I think they tried calling him on Christmas Eve and they couldn't get hold. He was with his family, right and finally he looks at his phone and it's a call from Kansas City. He's wondering what the hell and they said, whoever was starting at that point is hurt and you're starting tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That was his first four A and NFL funny story on Mickey and Chase Daniel. Because Chase went to Missouri. Yeah, Mickey's alma mater. We did a high school football game at Texas City.
Speaker 3: Playoff game.
Speaker 2: It was a playoff game south Lake Carrol versus Denton Ryan, and we were broadcasting on the Cowboys Channel whatever and seen by no one. So Vicky before the Gabe, he knew that this quarterback from South Lake had was signing with committed Missouri. He had committed to Missouri, so he had to go check him out and just see how tall he was. And so Mickey goes down on the field, it measures himself against Chase Daniel just to see if he might be tall enough to play college.
Speaker 3: And my result was I'm skeptical.
Speaker 2: And he turns out and he turned out being the best quarterback Missouri he's ever had.
Speaker 3: And I don't know how many years later, but he was here.
Speaker 4: Basically doing a golf tournament to raise money for Missouri, and I was doing the ceremony afterwards, awards ceremony, hosting it, and I told that story about I said, yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: Really worried he was too short. He stated next to me, he got out of his tipping topes to show that he was taller than me.
Speaker 2: Here right, Uh, and he said, I'm too short.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he was.
Speaker 4: He put he put Missouri football on it, no doubt, and put it the university on the map in this area because all of a sudden people understood what the logo was and started going just the general school there. So my point was, whoever's in his family automatically gets a scholarship to University of Missouri.
Speaker 5: Fends favorite quarterback. Really, yes, Chase stands name.
Speaker 3: He's doing some broadcasting, he is.
Speaker 2: He's doing a good job broadcasting too, South of Lake Son.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: Uh, they produced broadcasters there, Greg Greig McElroy too, Bill Jones.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Okay, that does it. And uh, our thanks to producer Supreme Chris Beam, who did not have to interject anything into today's show and catch us on anything.
Speaker 3: We were on our own.
Speaker 2: We didn't have to correct us, didn't correct us. Welcome to overtime, all right, back to our regular time, which is Everson.
Speaker 5: That's gonna be Monday at eleven o'clock right here on mickshot O Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.