Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to the Batter Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: I'm Joe and I'm Serena, and.
Speaker 1: We are back today with another episode. We are going to have Leslie on the podcast, but before we do, we're going to do a little five minute recap because they've changed the show a little bit midway, which we kind of knew was coming. We didn't know five hundred thousand dollars was going to be on the table, but now that it is, let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about it. We haven't been doing our recaps because there's been so many contestants to talk about via interviews, and we hope you guys have been loving that. But we want to share some of our thoughts on what's been going on this season, and we feel like with the introduction of the game component, this is a perfect time to do so. So, Joe, what do you think?
Speaker 1: I enjoy it? I mean, I love the idea of adding the money element into the show because now we get to see like who's really into each other and who is somewhat full of shift Because when it comes down to it, I'm assuming I don't know, but I would assume there's gonna be an element where it's like either you're gonna choose the person or you're gonna choose the money. That's where my head's at. And now like it's almost like we're getting now they really have to like real time solve problems and like work together because they both like five hundred grand's a lot of money. If it was like whatever, if it was, I mean, that's a lot of money to win.
Speaker 2: That's life changing money. It's not like it's you know, five k not that that's not you know, significant, but it's not five hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, like it's not gonna make me, you know, question love or money if it's five thousand, Like I'm gonna go for love. But like I think five thousand dollars, five hundred thousand dollars can really you know, make some people sit and think what they really want to do.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, because it comes in the play of like five hundred thousand is life changing for most people except for Kim, who don't give a fuck, which was awesome.
Speaker 2: Kim was like, I don't care about the money.
Speaker 3: I'm literally just here to find love.
Speaker 1: For most people, it is so when it comes down to it, you know, I think you may have to, Like you're gonna sit there and think like, oh, well, i've known this person for two and a half weeks, three weeks? Will they flip on me for the money?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Should I be flipping on them?
Speaker 3: From them?
Speaker 1: But we don't know if it's gonna get that.
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 2: We're just speculating right now. Obviously it's teams of two, So if one couple wins, does that mean that they split the money? Does that mean that they compete against each other? Does that mean one of them gets it? So there's definitely still some unknowns at play here with this new format. I feel like when the season started with so many changes, it felt a little bit overwhelming, And now a few episodes in, there's obviously a few things I missed just because I'm nostalgic and sentimental from being on the original Paradise, But there's a lot that I really like about it and I'm enjoying and things that I'm glad they changed. So I feel like with this first episode with the money and the competition element, I'm still kind of settling in to the new format I feel like and developing an opinion on it. But I will say I really liked this first game. I thought it was kind of the perfect balance of light and fun but also still very telling and revealing and putting these couples to the test. Like that's what I want the games to do, Like I want to stir up a little I don't know, like drama about the couples. And we see that with Parisa and Brian right away, like it's not going well and they're basically like, are we not a good couple? And it's fun because it's in line with the fact that they've been having a lot of arguments throughout the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they seem to have a lot of issues. Pretty early on, we do see Jeremy takes a big bet, which I enjoyed watching, Like that was fun.
Speaker 2: That was shocking to me. I was so stressed watching that, but I mean it paid off, so I have to respect it.
Speaker 1: I wonder if he knew. I wonder if they knew, and I don't think they did.
Speaker 2: His interview made it seem like he had no idea.
Speaker 1: But then Bailey's that's that's not where I was going. You know, No, I don't know obviously talking so how would you know?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Proceeed, Okay, Uh. My point was, I don't I wonder if they knew that they were going to have the power to eliminate someone before.
Speaker 2: I don't believe they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think so either. So that's in so that makes it even a bigger risk. Like I could What I'm saying is I could see taking that risk knowing that you're going to get the power, But taking that risk solely for a date or potentially going home is a pretty big risk.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I think that the best position in those games, in my opinion at this point is like Dale and Kat where they came in second, so they're safe, right, Like they're in the top three, they don't get the date, but like they're high, they're safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So but also it's.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, if you want the date, sure, obviously the date's great, but then you're also in the position to have to send someone home and you're not really flying under the radar once you do that. I mean, Jeremy was living for it. He was like, give me all the power. I love that I could to send someone home. But like someone like Mail, someone like Bailey might have been like, I'm good to just be safe. I don't want that kind of responsibility, Like that's way too hard to do it. So I'm curious to see how that element of winning the challenges impacts the games moving forward.
Speaker 1: You're you actually make a good point, because I didn't think about like flying under the radar, and like Jeremy is clearly not going to be flying under the radar now because he was very vocal about like well in his interviews about like having the power and but like if it gets flipped now and he's in the bottom three, like I would vote, I would most likely be voting them out like I would be.
Speaker 2: I would be because they're a threat. You know that they're good at the competitions, They've won one.
Speaker 1: I would be trying to vot out like I think they probably should have voted out Brian and Parsa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would love to know more insight into why and how they made that decision, just because I don't feel like it was clear to me.
Speaker 1: Well it's yeah, and now it's it is now a game and I'm not keeping people because they have a strong connection. I'm like, I'm trying to win five hundred thousand now, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sending people home that I think can beat me. Yeah, respectfully. I mean everyone's coupled up, so it's kind of an even playing field. It seems like, yes, a couple of the relationships are stronger than others, but like, no one's flying single. I mean, if Jonathan and Leah they're the only people that are coupled up that aren't a couple, I'm probably keeping them because I'm like, you're probably not going to do that great at these challenges because you're not actually romantically involved. But then on the flip, they're just friends, so maybe they'll work better together than like a Paris and Brian, who are having issues in the world relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I would probably actually be more scared of two that are just friends because if they could get on the same page and really work.
Speaker 2: Together, Yeah, they can just be partners without any romantic issues involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it in especially because it's like the beginning of relationship. You're learning about somebody, you could really start getting annoyed with that person, where if you're just friends, you guys are basically co workers trying to win some money. Last thing we'll talk about before we let leslie in, Gary, like like talk about just fumbling the bag.
Speaker 2: Well and they went home because of it. I know, had he just bet one chip or two chips, he would have stayed safe in the top three and they'd still be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I can't really, I don't really understand what I mean, Like I get when you make them, I get like people make mistakes.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was obviously a genuine mistake.
Speaker 3: He did not.
Speaker 2: I think he was trying to make it dramatic and be like ooh, like I'm he like splits his stack and he's contemplay. You can see everyone being like, dude, what are you doing? Like, I just don't think it was clicking in his mind. What he was doing did not make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean it made zero sense. And I just think, Yeah, I think Gary like likes the dramatics, the dramatics and being on TV and like watching He probably watched Jeremy make a big bet. He's like, ooh, I wanna I want to spice things up, and it's like, no, yeah.
Speaker 2: There's some moments TV, Gary, this was not one of them. Just throw your single chip down and call it today.
Speaker 1: I'm curious. I'm curious if Leslie was able to We'll ask her when she comes on the episode. Right now, if she was able to voice her opinion when he was doing that, or was she supposed to stay quiet in the back, because like, I feel like me and you right, like if it was if it was if it was me doing that, you would be like, Joe, just bat one, chip, what the fuck are you doing? And then maybe it would click like oh yeah.
Speaker 2: But I feel like they can't because if she's saying just bet one ship, it's essentially saying you don't know the answer and you're probably gonna get it wrong.
Speaker 1: She probably can't. Yeah, she probably can't.
Speaker 2: I'm curious to know if Gary and Leslie are still talking to one another, if anything has happened post Paradise for them, and if she blames Gary for them being sent home and why she thinks they were sent home.
Speaker 1: Well, she definitely blames him for me sent home. She said to me, it's his fault. And she said in an interview, She's like, everyone makes mistakes, so I can't be mad at him, but this was a big mistake. Yeah, and it kind of was.
Speaker 2: I do feel a little bad for Gary because that would just really weigh on me and I would feel really guilty and just kind of silly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel I feel bad for Gary in a sense of he probably feels really bad that he let another person down on accident, like he made a mistake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not just him that suffers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, partner too. Yeah, Which that's a hard pill the swallow.
Speaker 2: Yes, but adds a really good layer to the competition element of this show.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Great, loved it, entertaining. Great job Gary. Okay, let's let should we let Leslie in? Yeah, let's do it, all right, Leslie. Welcome back to the Batter Happy Hour. How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 1: How are you good? Good? Welcome back. You've been on the show multiple times. Unfortunately you got to eliminate it. Not really not really your fault, but we will. We will definitely talk about that. Yeah, let's go to the beginning though. How did it feel when you first got out to Paradise, you know, it's a new, new format, new location. Where you regretting it at all? Or were you happy to be there?
Speaker 3: Oh? I never regretted a minute of it. I was so excited. You know, they took us all on that boat. That animal ran was our entrance. I actually didn't know they just took us and I was like, is this another photo shoot? What are we doing? I didn't even know. I'm like, we're going now. In fact, I missed the memo that I was supposed to be all packed up, and they come get me and they're like, you're not packed. I said, well, why do I need to be packed? I literally thought we were doing another photo shoot. I didn't know what was going on. But then all of a sudden, we're on this boat and we're having so much fun. And I had not met the guys before, so that was kind of fun to meet them. And yeah, and then we walked into Paradise and all these I always called the young ins, but they were sitting around and they were so excited to see us. I don't think they were pretending, especially the girls. They were very excited. And immediately we felt like this bond. So it was amazing.
Speaker 1: That's good, That's yeah. I mean it looked like a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: How did you feel about coming in a few days later than the original cast?
Speaker 3: Well, I was okay, So, like I kind of knew who was going to be there prior to going on. Of course, you hear this person's going, this person's going. So I walk in and I say, where's Susie, where's Eli Joe, where's Lexi? You know, and did they not come yet? And they're like they left last night And I was like what because I had you know, Susie I was on her podcast before and she's a doll. And Lexi we were had been dming ever since she was on her show and she's a doll and co wait to meet her. And then Ali Joe we were like going to work out on the beach together. We were like bringing bringing bands, I'm bringing balls, like we had this whole thing and I'm like, wait what They're gone. So that was a little shocking to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how was the mood amongst the rest of the cast, because that was a pretty.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, you guys came here right after that dramatic rose ceremony with Susie and justin my mood was not good.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean we walk in it was like you could hear a pin drop, Like there's like we're walking and you kind of you know, we're walking around the path and there's no talking, there's no you know, music, there's no music not going, but like there's no energy and all of a sudden, they're just kind of sitting around the bar like this and we walk in They're like hi, So it was kind of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys, But you guys probably really saved them because their energy was definitely low. I'm seeing so much on social media that the Goldens are like making paradise, like everybody is loves watching you guys. Yeah, how does that feel?
Speaker 3: It feels amazing. I mean, I guess maybe it stems from the fact that we just don't care, you know. I mean, I know I'm speaking you know, for myself and maybe some of the others. I just don't care. I don't care what my hair looks like. I don't I don't care if I don't have any makeup on, I mean, or I don't care what we say or do or you know. I guess we just don't care as much. And maybe that's why because we come off pretty authentic and nothing's really forced. And if I roll my eyes as something, it doesn't mean I'm mad at something, you know, like I have, but you know, it's just my facial expressions. But I just, you know, I get where they're coming from. I mean, you know, they definitely I always say, it's their show, and you know their cake. Maybe we were just the icing on it. That's how my mindset was, and so that's kind of my That was what I felt going into the show, and I stayed that way throughout.
Speaker 1: Is there anyone in the Golden cast that you think does care and when I meet care what I mean Kieren, like really care how they are portrayed?
Speaker 3: I think there are yes, Okay, absolutely, I just don't know why I don't care.
Speaker 1: So that's good.
Speaker 2: Going into Paradise, did you have any guys that you were interested in or any like sparks right off the bat when you got down there, Well.
Speaker 3: There was no sparks for me. With the guys that we met on the boat. They were like I could see that we're all going to be fast friends and you know, and I'll call them my friends.
Speaker 1: Now, do you think if Gary was on the boat you may have felt a certain way about him or do you think because he came down later and you didn't feel a spark between any of the other guys that created something that may or may not have been there?
Speaker 3: Good question. Well, I mean Gary and I met each other at Grant's finale because we were announce Yeah, so I had met him, but that was all. I didn't text him after we didn't we didn't communicate at all because you know, I just didn't want to do that. So I feel that out of all the guys, Gary and I definitely have a lot in common with our music, the way we kind of grew up in a musical family, all that stuff, and a little bit more in common with him than I did with the other guys. So I probably, I don't know. I think it's good that he came down a couple days later, to be honest, you know, got a time to settle in and not you know, realize that there for me, there was no sparks with anyone else.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: What was the vibe like when Gary did come down the next day? He comes in with a lot of energy, He makes an entrance, he has a day card. Was there a lot of women that were interested in going on that date?
Speaker 3: I think I know Natasha wanted to go on the date. I wanted to go on the date. I'm not sure about Kathy she was probably she was kind of more focused on Keith. So yeah, I mean, I don't know. I don't know if April want I'm sure April want have turned it down, So that was you know, I guess it was really maybe more between Natasha and I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's going on with Kathy and Keith? Well, let me ask a more specific question on the beach. As a viewer, right now, it looks like they started off with potentially a spark. They go to the VIP suite, and now it feels like maybe it's a little bit more of a friendship. When you left, where would you say they were at on the scale of just friends to madly in love?
Speaker 3: I think I think just friends right now when I left. The thing is, it's like you know, at our age, relationships come in different forms, and they definitely have a good relationship, whether they decide to make it romantic or not. I think, you know, they have a good friendship.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So let's let's talk about the rose ceremony. You go on a date with Gary. It goes well, you are going to give Gary your rose, at least that's how it appears as a viewer. Uh, And then Natasha gives Gary the rose, he accepts it. What is going through your mind in that moment?
Speaker 3: Who the hell am I going to pick? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And are you going are you upset at Gary for accepting Natasha's rose, Like, does Gary know that he's getty? Does Gary have a good idea that you're giving him his rose?
Speaker 3: I would think he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it seemed.
Speaker 3: I mean we had a great day. We I literally laughed our asses off. We had so much fun. Everything was just completely the way it looked. I mean it was raining, we kicked I kicked my shoes off. We were having so much fun. We had no awkwardness, no down time. I mean, we just had great time. So yeah, I would think he would think I was giving him my rose. I guess I didn't even think he shouldn't have accepted it. Well, now you have that, now I had not just kidding, I'm gonna have to call him up. No, I don't know. I mean, you know, you're in the you know how it is, you're in the moment. You don't it's just like you don't know. I didn't know that Natasha was going to be called first, so I didn't think outside of that, and I was really didn't know who to pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were in a really tough and I mean in Gary's defense, because I'm trying to put myself in his shoes, because I would assume he's standing there thinking Leslie's gonna go up and I'm going to accept her rose. Maybe he was like, oh, maybe Leslie's gonna give her rose to someone else, Like maybe they've already talked and I'm missing something now. But yeah, so he accept Natasha's rose. How do you stand up there and make your decision?
Speaker 3: It was a hard one. I stood there thinking kind of knew some of the girls that were coming. Maybe I had an idea who was maybe joining Paradise, and I thought, well, maybe Kim would like this girl, or maybe this girl would like Kim. I was trying to like do max making as I'm standing there, because I was not interested in him like that at all. And you know, but that's where my mind was going.
Speaker 2: He seemed to me putting himself out there with you a little bit to test the waters. Did it feel flirtatious from him at all?
Speaker 3: Hmmm? I don't think So.
Speaker 1: That's a no. That is a for sure. Now, Okay, okay, So you and Gary Base, it seems like, you know, you guys kind of go back like after that rose ceremony, you guys go back to normal and Natasha doesn't really even seem to be in the picture with Gary romantically. Is that I feel like.
Speaker 2: She was still kind of putting herself out there. At breakfast the next morning, I.
Speaker 1: Think she was putting herself out there, but it just seemed like Gary went, you know, straight back to you. Is that is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? And then you.
Speaker 3: Guys, did I did go up to him at breakfast. I don't think I said it in front of Natasha, did I did say? I just want you to know that if that had been called first, of course, I would have given you my rolls. And I actually, after Kim read me the poem, I said, Kim, I appreciate the poem so much, Just so you know. If I had been called first, I would have been Gary my Rose. But I chose you because I thought you added to our group. That's what I said. Okay, how did he take that? Fine? I thought? I mean, I think he was like, I understand, I understand. I totally get it. I totally get it. I just wanted to be honest. I didn't want to go there trying to play games and and make mom. Yeah, and plus it's I mean, it's hard when you're not chosen. Yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 2: So did you ever have a conversation with Natasha about this little love triangle that you were in with Gary? No, okay, she never came up to you and said, like, you know, I knew, I know that you were going to give him your rose, but I want to explore also.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we had talked about it a little bit because we didn't know who was going to go first. But I, first of all, I'm not going to tell Natasha who she can pick or who she can't pick. I'm not going to say since I went on a date with Gary, I'm giving him my rose because I felt I felt like it was still early on and I didn't want her to, I don't know, explore her journey with him, and I just you know, Natasha and I were a little bit contentious in the house and Golden Bachelor, just a teeny bit, and we did have some a great conversation in Paradise. I really respected her and got to know her story and had a new really a new found love for her, and so I definitely didn't want to It's her journey too, who she's there, and I didn't want to step on her toes and you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fair. Again, it's kind of like, you know what it's it's Gary's a big boys. It's on him to make, uh make that decision?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then we see Gary. Gary's the guy down there, you know he now now Nancy's down and him and her, Gary go on a date and they have an outer body experience on chocolate, which I.
Speaker 3: Don't know il nightly. You know, I have dark chocolate whatever, and I don't get high from it, but maybe there's something in there.
Speaker 1: I don't know, So Gary like, well, we we actually interviewed Gary a while back, and I remember him saying that he was really interested in Nancy, or like or being interested in Nancy. You know, the viewers end up seeing like he picks you. How so, like, where was your head at after the Nancy date and how did that go down?
Speaker 3: Well, Nancy made it clear to everybody, like she she announced before she went on the date, to us all that were sitting there. I just want you to know that Gary and I have been talking a lot, and you know, we we have a history. So that's why I picked him. And I'm like, okay, I mean, you can pick.
Speaker 2: Wherever you want, you know, like before the show they were talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess so maybe maybe more dming or texting. I don't know, but she'd said we have a history. So I was kind of taken aback a little bit because I didn't know that happened. And although Kathy did tell me numerous times that Gary's only here for Nancy, so I did hear that a lot. But then when Nancy came, I mean, they had a history, and of course she's going to ask him out on a date. And you know, again, I'm not claiming anyone at this point, and no one, none of us are. None of the Goldens are claiming people. And so you know, I hope you have fun and I hope he picks me for the rest of their money. What can I say? I don't know, you know, Oh, I mean we're all friends and we're you know, it's a weird position to be in. But again, I we didn't know if like there were going to be new people coming. We didn't know anything. So I'm you know, again, Gary has a doll, really respected him as a friend. We had a great date, and it's his journey too, So.
Speaker 2: I don't know, is it weird that You've been on two Bachelor shows and both times you've dated a guy named Gary.
Speaker 3: I know, and our finale was in Costa Rica, and then bachel on Paradise is in Costa Rica.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, this is weird, A lot of dejeville.
Speaker 1: After Gary goes on a date with Nancy, do you ask him about their relationship prior to the show?
Speaker 3: Let me think, I don't. I don't know. I don't know if I did, I might have. I think we sat down and had a conversation about it a little bit, and you know, I did bring up the fact that they have the same faith, and you know, I'm Jewish and he's Christian and does that play something into his whatever? And he said, no, I dated a Jewish women before.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: So I you know, I think we had a conversation like that, but I don't. I don't really remember me saying, you know, did you have a strong connection with Nancy before? I don't think I asked him that.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, And then he ends up giving you the rose. Was that to be expected? Or were you shocked?
Speaker 3: No? I mean I packed, you know, I was ready to go. I figured he's got three choices you know, and I don't know what he's going to do. Of course he's he didn't come up to me like giving you the road, you know, Like I didn't know. And you know, again, I don't know how their date went. I don't know their conversations that they had. We weren't really hanging out with the guys that day, so you know, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because I feel like with a lot of the younger cast, most people know, like even like even our experience in Paradise, like unless there was a love triangle, which at times there was, but for the most part, I was like, oh, I like.
Speaker 2: I have a pretty good idea how this is.
Speaker 1: Going to be, Yeah, like there's an acknowledgment or.
Speaker 2: If it was gonna even if it was going to be like a friendship rose like yeah, but with Gary even watching it, I mean, I didn't think he was going to give his ROAs to Natasha, but I wasn't sure if he was going to give his rose to you or Nancy, knowing that there had been a history with Gary and Nancy, right, I think if I was in your shoes, I would probably expect him to give it to her. Yeah, but maybe That just speaks to how strong your connection was.
Speaker 3: Well, I knew what we had. I knew that our connection was really strong, and I knew our date was amazing. I had no idea what they were doing. In fact, when they came back and said they they were like, oh, we had cakau. I had gone to sleep, so I wasn't in even I didn't know, you know, so I was trying to remember what Joe said that he tried to get as much sleep as he could. Remember you told me that before Paradise was so like, I'm like, I'm going to bed. I can't do this, you know, So I just I didn't know. I didn't know until the next day. I didn't even know. Like you know, Nancy, I said, how was your dater? Maybe asked her and she goes great, Like, so, you know, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Gary makes some unpredictable last minute decisions, as we see in this episode, which unfortunately leads the both of you to go home. It's it's pretty tough to watch because you're watching it like Gary, this makes literally no sense. Yeah, my first question is were you able I'm assuming you were not, but were you able to vocalize like hey, like, don't put half our stack again, oh said.
Speaker 3: And he just well, I said this because we were all sitting together when I was seeing what was going on with that lightning round, and I whispered to him, I said, if you don't no unequivocally the answer, like if they ask you how many grandchildren I have, put the whole thing in, because you know how many grandchildren I have. But if you don't know the answer, just don't bet a lot because we're up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But like a typical man, he did not listen to me.
Speaker 2: Is that like, what what do you think was going through his head? Because I mean he's splitting his stack, he's looking back and forth. I mean, he clearly is not putting together that all he has to do is throw one or two chips down and it's not gonna matter. You're gonna you're gonna be safe, which is.
Speaker 3: Crazy to be back with Bailey and Jeremy.
Speaker 2: Literally Yeah, And I do you think he thought he could catch up to Bailey and Jeremy.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He saw move and he wanted to make a dramatic move like it just doesn't make sense watching it.
Speaker 3: You know, because I'm thinking, I don't know if you didn't understand, this is only for a date. Whoever wins this, it's for a date, and we need to be safe. We've already had an amazing date, you know. So I'm oh, I was like up there and and I'm thinking, and I kind of said, like the questions. There is a whole bunch of questions. And it's not like they didn't let us talk to each other. You know, we're sending next to each other. And one question there was another question I think about sex with one of the young ns or something, and I did say to him that's a lot or something like that, that's a lot A lot of times there's something And I'm like, did you get that hint? I mean, come on, sixty six is oh give me a break, giving me way too much credit. So I I, oh, you guys, it was hard, but you know.
Speaker 1: He was mistakes. Yeah, I mean people make mistakes. Have you have you and Gary a like what's your status now because you guys wore technically dating on the show. Like are you still talking or have you have you spoken since?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, we talk all the time. We talk. We were at the premiere together watching the show in La Gary is I can honestly say right now, one of my best friends, I mean, he is you know, I'll call him if I have a problem. He kind of talks me off the ledge a little bit, and we are always there for each other. We have each other's back. I don't know, because we haven't spent time together and we live in two separate cities. I don't know what it could be. All I know is that, you know, for me, a big thing with any relationship, a romantic one for sure, is I want to be friends first because I want to be with my best friend, you know, growing older, and so that is a huge thing for me. And I don't know what it's going to be, but I know that we have special places in our hearts for each other. And that's all I can say right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, last question, did he tell you why he got his ships like that is there? Did he give you a reason yet? Like, is there an explanation for this?
Speaker 3: No? I think he just I don't know. He beat himself up enough after that where I you know, I didn't. I think I said I told you so once, but I certainly wasn't going to do it more than that because I could see he was visibly shaken and upset, and I'm sure he was thinking, why did I do that? Why did I do that? You know, listen, I have a family member that went through treatment for gambling addiction, and if he's not a good gambler, that's okay with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's worse things like.
Speaker 3: It could be worse, you know what. We left the show together. I deently broken hearted. I didn't embarrass my children or my grandchildren. I didn't do any body shots, and so I feel like I left the show in a good space for me.
Speaker 2: How did you feel when they switched the format?
Speaker 3: And yeah, that was weird.
Speaker 2: I my petition money element.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the money element to me was kind of not a big deal. And again I go back to this is the young inst It's their show, and I certainly wouldn't want to take that away from them, you know. But it was a little different. I mean, we knew that this was it, like we were coupled up. Now there's no people coming and going, so that kind of it takes something off the plate, a little bit, like off your shoulders, a little off your shoulders thinking okay, well now we can breathe. We don't have to think about another road ceremony, not about that we have this, you know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, if you were to give someone advice now that was going on paradise, I know you said, you know, Joe's advice to you was get as much sleep as possible. What would be your advice that you passed down to future contestants.
Speaker 3: Well, I, you know, I took you guys advice. I took other people's advice. I just really lived in the moment. I didn't I didn't chase the cameras. You know, some people are looking for the cameras and then they wanted to go. I didn't do that because I, you know, and I'm visibly really not in the show like a lot, which is okay. I'm fine with that. I had my time the other one, but I just I would say, just be organic and be yourself and you know, try to stay out of the drama. Except that's probably why I wasn't in the show too much, because I tried not to do the drama thing and get rest and just have fun. Really, it was an amazing experience that I'll never forget. And I feel like I came away with like eight new daughters and I literally I felt like my right arm was cut off when I got home. I'm like, I miss Paris signment, like all these people you know, and I just I love them, talk to them still, and yeah, I'm a winner.
Speaker 1: Nice. That's good the hair. I'm glad you're in good spirits, Leslie. It was so nice talking to you. Thank you for taking the time and coming on the podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, thank you of.
Speaker 1: Course, and to our listeners, thank you for tuning in to Better Happy Hour. Make sure you download and subscribe to the podcast.
Speaker 2: We'll have new and exclusive interviews every single week. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Bye.