Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 4: As you remember, I donated the flagpoles, one on each side.
Speaker 5: Christ Is the White House didn't really.
Speaker 4: Have an appropriate American flag and had a small one on top. We left that, but it didn't have an appropriate American flag.
Speaker 5: And this is a great pole. This is the top of the line. It's tapered.
Speaker 4: This isn't a straight up and down job, which looks terrible. Frankly, that's a tapered pole.
Speaker 6: Great.
Speaker 3: I'm very good at flagpoles.
Speaker 5: That's one of the best linkss Evercent I'm starting to think that's a running joke. And I just got it that he's been doing that his whole life. I hope that's what it is. That he's just.
Speaker 3: Got my what the hell look on my he he's been doing that his whole life.
Speaker 5: Audio Now does this staple? I fixed the stapler. I'm very good with staplers. I'm the best at staplers. I wonder if that's a running joke he's been doing people, because that's just hilarious. It's a tapered flagpole, not the straight ones that look terrible. I'm very good at flagpoles, all of them. There you go.
Speaker 3: Okay, well played.
Speaker 5: More more importantly, Trump Big Truth social announcement, we haven't even touched on today his Economic d Day post that we should talk about a little bit later, that he announced Economic d Day in all caps.
Speaker 3: For a run right, all right? Ah, So if you're just tuning in, you need to grab the podcast from last hour Armstrong and Giddyon demand. We've been talking about the fact that Mississippians several other southern states have utterly turned around their educational systems. The kids are achieving at unbelievable levels, both the all of the smartest kids, the middle kids, and the kids who are struggling the most every race. They have reinvented their educational systems and are now whooping the asses of California in particular and blue states because they've returned to basics. And again, it's self evident, it's obvious. A lot of us have been suggesting this for a long time, but it's now actually being proved. So why isn't that happening? Why aren't all the states embracing this because it clearly works. In a related story, Target is out this back to school season. Randy Winingarten declared on Facebook this week urging teachers to spend their school supply dollars elsewhere. In February, the American Federation and Teachers that it wanted Minneapolis based Target to take a public stand against immigration and Customs enforcement.
Speaker 5: Operations in Minnesota. I just bought all my kids school supplies like three days ago at Target, and they have a giant Baptist section. A lot of it's sold out because so many be chopped there. And the person in charge of the teacher's whole thing in the whole country says, don't buy a Target because of ice.
Speaker 3: Wow, what does that have to do with educating kids? Well, the union adopted a formal resolution or resolution, directing it's one point eight million members to shop elsewhere and starts it's and its stating it's plan to expand the boycott to parents, communities, and AFLCIO is roughly fifteen million members. One problem with the strategy the teacher's retirement fund owns millions of shares of Target and billions of dollars more in index funds. So good move. But the teachers' unions are about politics and money, folks, politics and money. They'd prefer that there weren't any kids at schools at all. They are evil, evil, evil.
Speaker 5: She is at the top of my list of how do you look at yourself in the mirror? She has no soul or something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well she's agreed ahead in a.
Speaker 5: Mobsit it's I understand screwing taxpayers for your own benefit and all kinds of different things that people do. I understand how you get there, how you screw little kids who want to learn to read and sleep at night. I don't get.
Speaker 3: We're quoting an absolutely fabulous article with a bunch of statistical information, studies and experts by Kelsey Piper entitled illiteracy is a policy choice, and.
Speaker 5: She is obviously it is. What do you think this new breed of children were born with some inability to learn to read, unlike all other human beings in history?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she makes the point that where is it? It's it's she puts it. So, well, oh then I lost it, I had it, then I lost it again. Well, she she points out what is obvious to a lot of us. Oh, here it is to fail. Here is to lastingly abandon a significant fraction of our children to a lifelong struggle. And blue states have been failing. We've been spending lots of money on schools, but we've not been willing to muster the political will and effort necessary to hold those schools accountable and do and to teach. You adopt teaching practices that actually work, even though they are now known. So we went through the three pillars of turning it around, and how wonderfully it works universally. So why aren't we doing this? She says, good deal has been written on the so called Mississippi Miracle and some of the rising scores in other Southern states, but there hasn't been the sort of saturation cover that was lavished on past pushes for education reform, which helped turn them into national cause celebs. There's no profile, and there's no high profile philanthropic movement to spread these reforms or politicians with national ambitions who've made this their pet project. He's kind of amazed by that, and she asks a lot of quest She lives in the Oakland area, Oakland, California. She says, anecdotally, anecdotally, most parents I speak to have not heard of the Mississippi miracle at all, or if they've heard of Mississippi's success, it's as a one off rather than the spearhead of a trend. Why not, this is just a politically awkward story. Education policy expert Andy Rotherham told me it's all those Red states. This is a very ideological field. People struggle with calling balls and strikes. This other expert agreed, I think the story is going untold for the same reason journalists ignored the successful school reopening stories in Florida and the rest of the Sun Belt in August of twenty twenty. The appetite to tell positive stories in red states is low.
Speaker 5: Man, you wouldn't think if you were going to start from scratch that public schools would be so politicized.
Speaker 3: Right. Another expert who she's been quoting all along, and there's a part of me that we will post this. I think we can post this at Armstrong and Giddy dot com. I'd love to just read the whole thing to you because it's so incredibly well written, researched, and just it's so powerful. But a third expert said, we've been slow to learn the lessons of successful states when the politics don't line up. There's also just a pervasive sense of complacency about schools in blue states and cities, where, at least until recently, local school boards have been more interested in issues around equity than measurably improving learning outcomes. Some of that is burnout from the last round of education reforms, which were viewed in progressive circles as assaults on teachers' unions that focus too much on teaching to the test. But I routinely see people on the American left say that our schools are doing well, And I'm not sure whether they are unaware that one third of our graduating seniors can barely read and interpret passages of text, or they just think that's okay.
Speaker 5: Well, nobody thinks that's okay. I guess by definitely, And I think it's okay because it's happening and they're not doing anything about it. But uh, yeah, I don't know how.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 5: I assume teachers all across the country, even in blue states here, these national report cards are their local report cards. They've got to be aware, right that they're graduating lots of people that can't read or do math. They have to be aware of that.
Speaker 3: They've convinced themselves of the arguments that the teachers' unions make though.
Speaker 5: We don't have enough money, we have more money, we could do it, we.
Speaker 3: Need more money, or you know, people, The one thing that amazes me more every single day I do this job is the extent to which ideology can blind people to that which is plainly clearly true. And you have the solution. We all have the solution. But because you know, as the one guy said, this is a very politicized field of work. Education is the more the last field of work should be that should be politicized.
Speaker 5: Have is the wrong word. We have the solution because this is one of the unique situations where we had the solution. This isn't how you don't even have to invent anything new. This is not a problem where there's a solution that somebody came up with. We just need to implement it. No, we had it for a thousand years. How long we have figured it out. It's not rocket science. Oddly enough, we got rid of the solution. No need to bring them back.
Speaker 3: Twenty thousand dollars to have a million stickers made of various sizes and shapes, and I'm going to distribute them. I'm going to drive around the country and distribute them everywhere that say teach phonics. Now I want them. I don't care if it's littering. I want them everywhere. I want them on light poles, on gas pumps, on vehicles, park next to you at the parking lot. Needs to be everywhere. We've got to save our children. And the teachers' unions embracing aggressive politics it's not a very good counter argument to saving the children. God, this makes me insane, It really does.
Speaker 5: Right, you can get way more excited about coming up with electric school buses than can the kids do math. By the way, on the electric school was no huh, Well, look at.
Speaker 3: Churning out illiterate children. We've been slow to learn lessons of successful states when the politics don't line up. Same reason they ignored successful school reopening stories in Florida and the rest of the Sun Belt in August of twenty twenty. The appetite to tell positive stories about red states is low.
Speaker 5: Well, and the example I've used a million times where I was I moved to my kid seven miles from a closed school to an open private school. How do you explain that. How do you explain there's a school right over there, it's open and people aren't dying when they aren't stacking bodies.
Speaker 3: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la gets through a force field. La la la la la la. I won't answer that question. I'll even pretend I didn't hear it. La la la la la la.
Speaker 5: Do you have those California statistics handy that you opened with.
Speaker 3: Four out of five? Oh? Oh, the educational stuff I do. Ah, those are amazing.
Speaker 5: Everybody should know that.
Speaker 3: There you go in the home state of California. Her home state of California, thoroughly unioned up, throwing more money per student at kids than any state in the Union. Only thirty percent of public school fourth graders can read proficiently. Okay, that's shocking enough, because proficiently is not like proficient sounds like you know, I'm a proficient surfer. I'm there on the big Island, I'm on the big waves. I'm proficient. No, that means you're adequate, You're not failing. Really, here's the nightmare. Here's why, and I'm serious. I have horror violence, but parents should be in the streets with bandanas and axe handles, just to make a point, don't hit anybody with it. Fully, forty one percent cannot even read at a basic level, which is to say they cannot really understand and interpret written text at all. That's fourth graders and eighth graders, as you might expect, look almost as bad. And these numbers have been tumbling downhill in California and the other blue states across the US for years, years, and a few red states too, until they did what Mississippi and Alabama and Louisiana are doing, go back to phonics basis education and teaching the teachers how to teach this stuff. Getting back to basics.
Speaker 5: Man, you cannot as a parent with a public school. I've had private school experience, and private schools stay on top of it. They let you know if your kid is not doing well. But public school you got to You've got to like almost have your own set of tests your kids to have any idea how they're actually doing.
Speaker 3: It's a nightmare.
Speaker 5: You can't just assume that if you send them off to the school, they're going to learn to read and write. As you just heard from the statistics god that it is a sin. It's horrifying. Hey, if you want a comment on that, you know, order to find his text line four one two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 1: Maderna and Merk say that a personalized mRNA vaccine combined with the immunotherapy Kutruda succeeded in.
Speaker 3: A late stage trial for melanoma.
Speaker 1: The vaccine is based on the same technology behind COVID nineteen vaccines. The study is still ongoing, but so far results have shown the treatment prevented cancer from returning or spreading among high risk melanoma patients.
Speaker 5: The sert A vaccine for people who talk too slow. That is a really good news.
Speaker 3: That is, it's amazing.
Speaker 5: One of the deadliest cancers out there, the really bad kind of melanoma. They might be something really good there. So I hope that's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, promising technology for sure.
Speaker 5: Uh. Speaking of drugs, interesting article in the Wall Street Journal about the billions of dollars food makers are going to lose out on because of gop ones.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they're desperate. What are we supposed to sell?
Speaker 5: I hadn't even really thought of that angle of it. As the Wall Street Journal says, for decades, food companies have relied on a proven playbook cater to consumer's taste, boods with sugar, salt, and steadily expanding galaxy of flavors.
Speaker 3: You know, in the calexy of flavor.
Speaker 5: You know how there's like nineteen different kinds of Dorito's. That sort of thing. Fine tuning products to cravings and indulgence has led critics to accuse food makers of hooking consumers on food and addicting them and snacks the same way nicotine hooks smokers. But now with gop ones, people are eating a lot less, taking in fewer calories, and the food makers are trying to sid what are we going to do? Now, that's an interesting one, say, Yeah, how do we package it?
Speaker 3: What color do we make it? Isn't we don't know.
Speaker 5: I think you're just out of lock. People are gonna eat less of your stuff. Find a new line of work.
Speaker 3: I think maybe adapting what you do and trying to find innovative solutions would be worth trying. But to a large extent, you're right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you might have to go healthy protein, variety of things that gop one users want because they ain't gonna want the stuff that you have. There as many as fifty five million Americans, or fifteen percent of the population they think will be on this by twenty thirty five, which is only you know, nine years away. Yeah, yeah, wow, I hadn't even thought about that angle of it. I went to a restaurant the other day where I normally eat you know, X meal, and I eat b y meal because of the being on the zep bound tiny salad, and that was it. I didn't even want that. I only ate that because I thought I should.
Speaker 3: Are you going to the bathroom more? Trying to be delicate? No, I'm quite serious.
Speaker 5: You're trying to be delicate by asking a grown coworker are you going out?
Speaker 3: Stool calls your.
Speaker 5: Stool because of the drug, right, you do have to watch eat the amount of fiber they tell you to take in. How am I supposed to get that much fiber? How am I supposed to pack the much into my life when I'm not first and I'm not hungry anyway. So you've got to make sure you have plenty of protein, plenty of proto muscles from going away, and lots of fibers so you're not stove up as traffic on I five. Yeah, I haven't figured that out. Maybe those of you are on and have figured it out. But to get the amount of fiber and protein that you need when you don't want to eat.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 5: Gotta have the uh metamucile of protein shake. I guess, I guess lots of them, whether you're hungry or not. Suck them down.
Speaker 3: Suck them down.
Speaker 5: So Trump with a heck of a truth social post economic d Day, he announced on Iran and anybody who supports them, among other things we've got to talk about. You know, he knows a lot about flag bol.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: As you remember, I donated the flag poles, one on each side, Chris, the White House didn't really have an appropriate American flag. It had a small one on top. We left that, but it didn't have an appropriate American flag.
Speaker 5: And this is a great pole. This is the top of the line. It's tapered.
Speaker 4: This isn't a straight up and down job, which looks terrible. Frankly, that's a tapered bowl.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 5: I'm very good at flag poles.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: That might be my favorite Trump clip ever. That was Sean Farrash, the Trump him.
Speaker 5: I watched it yesterday.
Speaker 3: It had to be.
Speaker 5: That was him on the White House lawn with the new helipad and discussion. Before I get to a couple of serious Trump things. That Eric Swalwell thing, I completely misguessed what it was about. So Swallow former congressman, wanted to be senator, wanted to be a president. Uh, grabbed at the airport, took all of his electronic devices. FBI showed up at his house, went in, took a bunch of stuff. It's all about those sexual assault allegations, not about the fang fang spy thing.
Speaker 3: Sexual assault.
Speaker 5: I remember, that's why. That's why he resigned, because of all those videos rolling around on the bed with the chick who said she was too drunk and all that sort of stuff. Oh, that's why he resigned. Wasn't the fang fang stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, in short, he busted the.
Speaker 5: Trust and then hey, bus, don't bust the trust he busted.
Speaker 3: Don't bust the trust.
Speaker 5: That was the billionaire he was living with. Who thought?
Speaker 3: Who thought he was marrying the penthouse pet, serial fraudster, thief girl. Oh boy, what a circle of friends. Wow.
Speaker 5: Anyway, So there you go. There's that. To the Trump things. I'll do the serious one than the non serious one. I guess I'm going to do it in that order. Trump with the truth social post early today, no one has given the Islamic Republic of Iran a greater opportunity to make a deal than me. I'd say that's true. Tragically for them, they have failed to take it. Therefore, today I'm announcing the this is an all caps most crushing economic operation ever taking against any country.
Speaker 3: All the ager to pum the most quite the acronym.
Speaker 5: The most crushing economic operation ever taken against any country. This will be economic warfare and isolation on an unprecedented scale. Their navy has gone, their air force has destroyed, their military factories are now rubble. They're currency is worthless, and their country is hanging by a thread. All of its true, except for that last part. We don't know about the last part. Are they hanging by a thread or could they easily hang on for like several more years. Right today, I'm announcing that any all caps country that allows its financial institute, businesses, airports, or government entities to provide any time of lifeline to Iran will itself will itself face tremendous economic consequences. Oil smuggling swap lines, cash transfers, exchange houses, ship registries, front companies. It all needs to stop. Now you know who you are. This will be an in all caps economic d day. These are historic measures to cripple them.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: There is a story of the Wall Street Journal over the weekend that there's some gazillionaire Chinese company that has been doing oil business with Iran through this whole thing, illegally sanctioned oil, doing it illegally. I'm sure. Obviously our government's aware of it. If the Wall Street journalizes a story about it, Do we have the ability to punish that company in Iran? I don't know. There is an announcement today by the UAE Universe Arab Emirates, which what is that AE I OU e I E I O U A that they're going to stop something that they weren't supposed to be doing because of this announcement, So uh uh what effect they'll have? Hopefully it will and hopefully have the we have the ability to punish people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, war and profiteering go hand in hand. They always have and always will. You limited as much as you can, but yeah, there are even some of our so called allies who are like you know, yeah, we're with you, but if we made a few million dollars around the edges here, what's the harm? So hey, he's going to crack down on that stuff.
Speaker 5: Here's a dumb Trump story, not dumb Trump, but a story that is not important.
Speaker 3: But it's kind of I.
Speaker 5: Remember old Michael Cohen. Remember Michael Cohen, the lawyer which polls all of them.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, his all Crump's fixer and momster, right, Yeah, shady lawyer.
Speaker 5: And then turned against Trump, became a celebrity of the left, even though he was clearly a scumbag who is willing to do anything for Trump up until it you know, it didn't help.
Speaker 3: Him, right, an avnaughty esque character.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Michael cohenan President Donald Trump have apparently patched up their differences in private. The President's scheduled to do a interview on Cohen's radio show that the Trump fixer began hosting last month. So Michael Cohen has a radio show in New York and he's gonna have Trump on as a guest. Cohen, in an interview ahead of the broadcast, said that he and his former boss have met privately three times and reconciled since a bitter and very public falling out during the president's first term, including being involved in him impeaching him. I suggest you listened to the show. You might find it extremely interesting, he told Politico and what's known as the Business as a teas to get more listeners.
Speaker 3: Right right.
Speaker 5: I doubt anything's interesting at all that happens in it, but the fact that they've patched things up, okay.
Speaker 3: I've got to admit I'm slightly curious as to what sort of radio show slash podcast Michael Goe might put on. I mean, because he's obviously a character.
Speaker 5: Is he a one note song, one trick pony? The only thing he can talk about is that whole world? Or is he, you know, got other takes about other things? Is he talking about Angela Reese versus Caitlin Clark, or you know anything else? I don't know. By the way, the Angela Reese missing layup feed, I wish I could get that out of my algorithm. I find it entertaining right for a day or so, all right, but I don't need it every single day fed into my algorithm. I feel like there are other real stories that I'm missing out on because I get fed the these are the Angel Reese missed last night feed that I got because I clicked on it once?
Speaker 3: Yes, funny. There are a couple of things like that in life, including golfers know what I'm talking about the golf handicap system. You can have five terrible rounds in a row and your your handicapped number doesn't drop or doesn't rise. Rather, but if you have like one good round, all of a sudden you're Jack Nicholas and you've got a handicap you can't live up to. Well. The algorithms are kind of the same. If you watch like three angelaries missing layups videos, they're convinced that for the rest of your life, that is your top priority. And how long would you have to go without watching one before they realize, Uh, the bloom's off? That rose?
Speaker 5: Based on my experience, like with YouTube, it's a very very long time that some topics that I haven't gone to in a year and you still give me those. Hey remember last year when you checked out the video and whatever the hell was? Yeah, remember that topic. You were early into that for a while. God have they noticed as annoying?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you noticed how good Twitter's gotten at the video algorithms. Now, I will watch a political algorithm or a video and think, wow, we got to use this for the show whatever, and then it'll roll into what's yours? What does it always roll into for you?
Speaker 5: I get a fair amount of the DSA stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's that's often what I'm watching in the first place. But it almost always rolls into.
Speaker 5: In between angela ree missing layups?
Speaker 3: Well? Is Twitter tied to YouTube? Are those videos coming from seeing them on Twitter?
Speaker 5: A couple of Twitter feeds that are nothing but missed layups in the WN It's hilarious.
Speaker 3: So but so I will watch like a DSA related video and it always rolls into a Sopranos video. Wow. See I don't get ideas a lot. That would be a four other great movie scenes.
Speaker 5: Hey, young people, you should just sit down at a bar or a party something time and compare algorithms just to see your different lifestyles and personalities, just because all you have to do is open up Twitter or YouTube and see what the front pages like mine currently is almost all Shane Gillis professors talking about ulysses and Larry Bird highlights and women missing women missing layups.
Speaker 3: Well, see, that's what we ought to do. We ought to just to open up Twitter and go to whatever you know it libs a TikTok and watch the video then see what it rolls into.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so I gotta pause this because this is gonna have bad language. And I hate that it goes to shorts right away because they're trying to hick you the hook you they know you like the shorts.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wow, I'm sorry. I just came across this trial in New New England. I'm sorry New Zealand, where rape victims are being compelled to say I was penetrated by her penis because this rapist now is claiming to be transgender, being required to that. Folks fight against this stuff, all right. We'd have to come across the same tweet though a couple of quick on following. We can do this later. We'll report back.
Speaker 5: But that, like I, like I said a couple of weeks ago, I think that might be the way I should put people together for dating. You know, if it could somehow access your YouTube reels or Instagram or Twitter algorithm that would have a better or TikTok would be the best. Probably figuring out that's your personality, try to match that up with somebody else's god the same thing, because I diden't up dating a dude.
Speaker 3: Which would be uncomfortable at first. Yeah, I see I but again I agree with you when you're not saying what you just said that no, no, no, no, having interest in common isn't a great predictor no, no, it's not, it's not.
Speaker 5: I was thinking about that yesterday. For some reason, the online dating thing popped into my head just as opposed to natural dating. I don't remember what it was with something in there, but it's the somebody mentioned I was listening to something where they're talking about red flags, and that's a big thing in the online world of dating and everything, like your various red flags that you know get presented right off the bat in the online dating world for a variety of reasons. That in real life you might get to know a person, then get to know them a little better than kind of start to fall for him and really fall for him, and then one of these red flag shows up that you think I can put up with that. Yeah, all the other stuff outweighs that I'm not perfect either, and I love her exactly. Yeah, but currently we put all the red flags up front and then cut off any chance for anything beyond that, which is obviously dumb.
Speaker 3: Change research which tends to lean a little left. They just did a big poll of red flags and a partner speaking of this sort of thing, do you consider each of the following behaviors a red flag, a beige or a green flag in a partner? Number one cited by women red flag is they identify as a maga Republican. Number one among men is they identify as a communist. But it's seventy six percent of women.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot of that. Oh, you want to hear something, which is another thing. Sane, which is another thing that like what I was just talking about, You wouldn't. You've got a coworker or friend of a friend, or woman you met at a barbecue or whatever. Maybe that's not a good example, but you get to know them, you like them whatever. You don't know what their politics are, you don't start there anyway.
Speaker 3: Probably fifty percent of women said this was a red flag serial killer. They don't care about politics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've seen going to date.
Speaker 3: You unless you're political and you agree with me.
Speaker 5: I've seen that. I'm off the online dating thing. I tried that for a little while, and I think it's an ugly world. But there are a number of people put that if you say uh, because I forget, I forget. I've been off long enough. I don't remember the way people state their politics or whatever. But a lot of the if you don't have a position on politics, then I'm not interested. You're a coward or something like that. It's like, wow, what is wrong with you people? Of course, I got flipped off again yesterday driving down the street because I was in my cyber truck. Somebody stuck their hand out the window driving by me, flipping me off. And someday I hope to have a conversation with one of those people and say, so, I assume you think you're the normal one and I'm the abnormal one. I don't drive down the street flipping people off. You do, which one of us seems more out of line with normal society.
Speaker 3: You're going to reason with an unreasonable person. Enjoy that. I didn't realize that was you.
Speaker 5: Very funny, Michael, very funny. I deserved a but up, bummer, applause or something that was good. We will finish strong next strong.
Speaker 3: We are finishing strong first a parody of going to lunch with a gen zer.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy we're finally getting lunch. No, because same, the salad is giving, it's giving, Lee's giving green area, it's giving tea. That part, what'd you get to today? No, because I lowkey just bet rotten and doom scrolled. I spent the morning writing.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's not that's not what just like that's not Wow.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen our waiter in like thirty minutes.
Speaker 7: Cock it No, because yeah, I'm feeling like low key over stinny right now, overstimulated just from us talking.
Speaker 5: So boy, my son and a couple of his friends were in my vehicle. I took him downtown week or so ago. Low key, I'll bet got said one hundred and fifty times. That is the like or kinda, kinda or whatever of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: I remember when my daughter first starts saying it several years ago. It's had staying power and is kind of annoying. So let's say the look at gen X in this one.
Speaker 6: First physical tickets and the purchase of your ticket.
Speaker 3: John, Sorry, Michael, stop you get all right, I didn't know somebody. You gotta tell me that the premise is what it would take to have gens X go back to concerts.
Speaker 6: First, physical tickets and the purchase of your tickets should include complimentary readers and ibuprofen chairs would be awesome. Panta chairs with the back. None of those stools are high chairs. Arsayata can't deal with that. Clean restrooms. Find the band one thousand dollars for every minute they are late taking the stage from the start time. If it's spring or summer, it should start no later than three pm, so we could be home by six pm.
Speaker 3: That's my club I've want to open.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it needs to be that early, but why a concert doesn't start it? Okay, you gotta get off work, so started at five?
Speaker 3: It's six, yeah, but bands and clubs always go on nine is like the earliest.
Speaker 5: That's the early show.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, how about seven. Let's all go from seven to ten, then go home to bed at a reasonable hour. Okay.
Speaker 5: Physical tickets need to make a comeback unless you get the system for reading people's tickets off their phone faster. Go to the baseball game the other day. The line way longer than back in the day when you had a physical.
Speaker 3: Ticket and seriously, I've gotten laid at eight o'clock at night, I've gotten drunk, I've done drugs, I've met interesting people. I've played my guitar. I've done virtually everything a human being can do at eight o'clock in the evening, there's no need to be out till Louis hours.
Speaker 2: Almost finish.
Speaker 3: Rocket. Let's get ready.
Speaker 2: Final thoughts with Armstrong and Gety.
Speaker 3: I wonder how would that be?
Speaker 5: It would be a great show to start at six thirty or so. I wonder how that popped in to his head one day. Here's your kids whom I know him, he's a good friend. Okay, here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up to day. Wouldn't that be delightful? Mike Langelow lead us off. What's your final thought?
Speaker 4: We have got to teach kids how a business works and how capitalism works in schools so that we don't have as many socialists.
Speaker 3: Well, we got to teach him to read first, and they're not doing that. Katie Green are esteemed and us woman. As a final thought, Katie, I have a.
Speaker 5: Friend in her mid twenties who asked me if I wanted to go out with her last weekend and after what time? She said nine pm, and I just laughed at her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hilarious. That's a good one, uh jack A final thoughts for us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we did a lot of talking about youth today and had a conversation with somebody yesterday and got back onto the topic of we need to always remember adults. They didn't raise themselves. They didn't raise themselves. We're the way we are because of the way we were raised and educated. They're the way they are because the way they were raised and educated.
Speaker 3: Speaking of edgemacation, I would suggest that the second half of our three and the first half of our four today of the show are well worth listening to via podcast if you miss them. Armstrong and Getty on demand. Our government schools are a miserable failure and they could turn around this year, but they won't because of politics. It's horrifying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I left out the important sentence switches and we're the ones that raised and educated them. Yeah, Armstrong in Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 3: Somebody ought to kick our asses. So many people think so little time go to Armstrong and Getdy dot com. You can download the podcast. You can drop some note mail bag at Armstrong getdy dot com. The socialism sucks and it never works t shirts. Oh They're so good. Check it out Armstrong and Giddy dot com.
Speaker 5: Our generation does deserve an ass kicking for this.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah, and the boomers too, Yeah.
Speaker 5: The worst See you tomorrow. God bless American.
Speaker 2: And now called back to earlier in the show.
Speaker 7: When you're on vacation, there's something you should know. The floor in that hotel room. There's something going on. You may not see it, but something is really wrong. Where the sandals, Where the sandals protect your feet? Where the sandals, Where the sandals, Bugs and dead skins.
Speaker 3: They're in the sheets.
Speaker 5: Armstrong and Getty