Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by All State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Ferry terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: This episode is.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon prime video thing.
Speaker 4: I'm most excited about that he's purchasing my first snake. I'm gonna get an emerald green tree bowler instead of a ballpipee are you yeah?
Speaker 2: Can I give you a recommendation? You know, you should try try to acquire before you acquire the snake, a bed, a girlfriend. I think it'll just be exponentially harder for you to get a girlfriend if the first time you have a rope her friends are like, oh my gosh, you finally went back to his house. How was it. It's like, well, I had a good time, but he's a snake guy. He's a snake.
Speaker 4: But hey, I'm not gonna lie this this particular steak that I play on games. Oh yeah, definitely, I love it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm telling you, yeah, definitely. Man, I hear that all the time. Girls are like, you know, I really liked him. I just wish he had a reptile.
Speaker 4: Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome in. It is What's right, Nick Right the podcast and YouTube show, we finally have completed our countdown of the fifty greatest players of the last fifty years. It culminated on Sunday with the more than one hour video breaking down Lebron James' entire career. I'm sure we'll discuss that at some point on today's show. Also, by the way, not on today's show, but on Thursday, we will announce the winner of our thousand dollars free roll contest, because there was at least I think there were three people that I have found who got one through twelve on that exactly right. Whoever got it first gets the thousand bucks. And you know what, because I'm feeling good, I'm gonna check and see everyone that I found that got it. Everyone who got it one through twelve is going to get something. The person who got it first is going to get the thousand bucks, five hundred to them and five hundred to their charity. If you're watching this and you're like, hey, I'm one of those people, tweet you send your initial tweet to our wonderful social team at What's Right Show on Twitter. But I have found I think all of them. But I don't want anyone to be left out. So we will do that on Thursday. More on that coming up, More on whether or not Demande is going to be on Winning Time coming up, and at some point on today's show, we need to discuss what is going to replace our Sunday pod in going into football season in place of the countdown of the fifty greatest players of the last fifty years. But before we do any of that, let's start the show. How we always start the show by discussing what we're not discussing. Here's what did not make the cut for today's show. Durant and Harden party with Travis Scott. That's one of the one of Demand's favorites, Travis Scott. I like Travis Scott a lot. Your sister loves him as.
Speaker 4: We very controversial guy at this point.
Speaker 2: But yes, yeah, I mean, listen, we don't need to get into that. I don't feel like he deserves as much blame with the tragedy of Wis Concerted about a year ago. But Katie and Harden partied with him. Uh, Murray and Bonco beefing after the pro am. I think that did make the show. I don't think that missed the cut. I think that is actually going to be you know what, if it's not the show, We're putting it in the show because I want to discuss that to Jonte Murray and Polo Bonco beefing after prom and the Coldest sponsored by an ac company. I don't know what that is. That's h do you know what that is?
Speaker 4: League?
Speaker 2: No, that's the crossover. Oh so you don't know what it is either the Coldest Crawford. I don't know what this is. Oh, d Coldest is a football player. His last name is Crawford. This is the problem of Demonsee only partially listening to the producers when they're setting things up. Here Crawford, he says his league, it's fine, don't worry.
Speaker 4: What missed?
Speaker 2: What did you say? Oh, it's what missed? You know what? You're right, I didn't know about it. You didn't know about it. Now let's get into the actual show, demonse what are we starting with?
Speaker 4: All Right, is your number one in the last fifty years? Yep, everyone of course agrees with you. Nobody saying anything about it. Uh huh, what's the most compelling? But what's the most compelling argument that you've heard against Lebron at number one? And now that you're done with the list, would you like to do over? Be honest?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, let's start with the most composed. So there's the top fifty players. There is Jalen and Jacoby my dear friend. You know, I shouldn't call them my dear friends, but I do. I consider both of them friends. Jalen Rose and of course Dave Jacoby chiming in saying not on a Sunday, there's Tory Smith, former great Receiver with the Ravens, some other teams sending the great wire gift, we BA saying wow, okay too about the list. So before I talk about any potential regrets, let me discuss the The biggest and most legitimate argument against being number one is if you look at Kareem and Michael, neither one of them ever had anything close to the twenty eleven finals on their resume. And the question is, is the twenty eleven finals disqualifying it? Can you be the best ever if you have that type of moment on your resume that cost your team a championship? I obviously believe the answer is yes. I think his body of work before that, and most notably his body of work in the decade since that makes it and the totality of it makes that a part of his story, but not even close to the defining part of the story. And I actually think there is now this is being very generous, But the most generous reading of it is because of that moment, the guy who came into the league more hype than anyone, with more pressure than any athlete ever when they arrived to the league as a teenager, all of a sudden, had even more pressure in the midst of his career because he had that failure and had to overcome it that I don't even know that I fully believe that that would be the most generous reading of it. However, I do think that if you'd simply say the twenty eleven finals are disqualifying, that if Lebron had won eight consecutive NBA titles, it wouldn't have mattered. I disagree with you, but that is to me a fair critique that those if you're gonna be the greatest ever, you shouldn't have that moment. It's not how I view it, but that, to me is a fair argument. A lot of the other arguments are just nonsense. The idea that because Michael Jordan has a Defensive Player of the Year award that he was a better defender than Lebron, Like you can argue he was a better defender than Lebron. I think you're wrong, But you can make that argument. But the fact that Michael won it in the late eighties and Lebron came in second, was three votes short of winning it in twenty thirteen, that doesn't move me. That's not resonant. The Michael Jordan, the never losing in the finals has never been as relevant to me as is to other people. Because guy played fifteen seasons in the league and won six titles, so he lost at some point. There were losses, they just came earlier than later. Those things don't move me. But if you want to say the twenty eleven finals is disqualifying, that's fine. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: You want to say something like sad No, I mean I think the twenty eleven finals being disqualifying. I think that him not folding, like I think that it was easy for him to fold after that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the point. Well, and it's the very next year, they're down three two to Boston. He has the best game of his second best game of his career. And so again that's kind of part of the story. And by the way, if it were myth making or fiction instead of sports, you would have that moment. If this were a movie, it would you would have that moment and then overcoming it and all of that. Okay, Now, as far as regrets on the list, I don't really have regrets on the list. However, there are some things that I would like that if I were to do it right now, I would adjust. Okay, First one is this. If I had done the list knowing that jokicch was gonna win a second MVP, he's got to be on there. Bernard King gets bumped, he gets on there.
Speaker 4: It's not right, even though, like how how much you were saying that he shouldn't have gotten the MVP.
Speaker 2: Again, correct, Listen, I don't think you should have gotten the MVP, but I've got to base it on what guys and now, much like with Nash, Nash has two MVPs, I have him fortieth behind a bunch of guys who never won MVP and a bunch of guys who only won one MVP. So it doesn't mean that I have to put him any higher than forty seventh on the list, but by virtue of winning two of them, I shouldn't. I wouldn't have left him off. However, again this, I did that part of the list and debuted it and did the video and all of that before he won the second MVP. I have had a lot of pushback on Sidney Moncrief. I do not regret that at all. Bill Walton is a tough one because his window was so short. But I think I got that one right. Kawhi is a guy that when I look back at it, I say, could I have had Kawhi a little higher? And I you can convince me that when it comes to let me find a four instance with Kauhi. Who has Kawhi in a short perioderiod of time made at least an equal impact on winning and on the league as for instance Jason Kidd.
Speaker 4: Did.
Speaker 2: I think the answer to that's probably yes, even though Kid did it for such a long period of time. Is there an argument for Kawhi over Patrick Ewing and those guys in the mid late twenties? There probably is, And so maybe I would adjust Kawhi and the one But the one thing everyone.
Speaker 4: Is assuming I'm gonna say, is Lebron your top.
Speaker 2: No, what everyone's thinking I'm gonna say is Luca luc at twenty. Okay, And the point that I would make in defense of the Luca ranking is this the list I believe would look foolish in two years time if Luca isn't on there By putting him as high as I did, it made it clear that his was the one spot that was pure projection. He had and listen, second most points per game in his career if anyone in the NBA playoffs. He's already a three time first team All NBA guy. He's already three time top five MVP finisher. He's done a lot of things. His playoff numbers are I believe I haven't looked, but I believe if you add points, rebounds, and assists per game together as one thing, so if you average twenty five ten and five, that's forty twenty five plus ten plus five. I think Luca's points, rebounds, assists per game in the playoffs are the highest of any player in league history. Okay, so I think the Luca ranking like I think he has. He's obviously accomplished a lot, but not nearly enough to be included on the list yet, and not nearly enough obviously to be at twenty. The reason I felt feel good about him being at twenty is because if I had put Luca at forty six, I think it would look like I was saying he already is the forty sixth best player by putting him at twenty. It's so clear I am not arguing he has accomplished more than Chris Paul already has. I'm saying this is where he is going in order to be a top twenty player. So the short version is maybe a couple tweaks. One has to do with the fact that you know, the NBA calendar didn't cooperate. One has to do with maybe just maybe I underrated quiet touch. But for the most part, I think I did an a plus job. I think it is the definitive and best ranking of NBA players that anyone's ever put together. And I think that I deserve massive credit for having the courage to give respect to Kareem even at the expense of everyone's idle. Michael Jordan, Now let's move on.
Speaker 4: What's next. I thank you Lebron and the Lakers have started talking extension. Yeah, thank god he's got your list for some leverage.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I expect him to break hold on. Can I tell you something. People aren't gonna believe this. Don't put this on social because people are just gonna call me a liar, and I don't have the energy for it. But you said he's gonna use my list to create some leverage. So I the twenty eighteen Calves Lebron's last year. There after they traded Kyrie. That was a terrible team. It was a mess, and it looked like at the trade deadline they were gonna stamp pat and it was unfathomable to me they were gonna not try to maximize one last year of Lebron, And I went on, I think one of my best rants ever about what Dan Gilbert needs to do. Authorize David Griffin to go out and try to win this year. And that year, by the way, in the playoffs, was when Lebron had two buzzer beaters, eight forty point games and the single best game of his career the fifty one to eight and eight in the finals, and made the finals, won two game sevens. That two days before the trade deadline, I was friends with someone on the coaching staff. That coach saw Dan Gilbert in the office or in the building and played him my clip and text me the next day and said, he thinks, now, maybe he was just trying to stroke my ego. He thinks it moved him.
Speaker 4: He thinks moved him.
Speaker 2: That it moved him for So I said, let's say this the idea that it's just insane that Lebron would use my list as Leverageah, there's a little precedent for it. But okay, go ahead. You're talking about Lebron an extension. That's a true story I've never told. I'm probably wasn't supposed to tell it again his for podcasting. Yeah, I guess I if someone checks out the coaching after the twenty eighteen Caps, they can probably figure out who the guy is. Let's just move on.
Speaker 4: Go ahead. But the Lakers are still going through things with having Russ and the Anthony Davis rumors. Yep uh. And they also might not have the their twenty twenty four pick when Bronni might be in the draft.
Speaker 2: Correct that pick in New Orleans can have the Lakers pick in twenty twenty four or twenty twenty five. New Orleans gets to decide once they see where the twenty twenty four pick falls. That's how that works, exactly right, right, Go ahead.
Speaker 4: So should he resign with the Lakers?
Speaker 2: Well, not prematurely. Maybe Lebron should resign with the Lakers. But there is no reason whatsoever for him to do it now. None. The reasons against him doing it now are five fold. The only reason you sign an extension early is because in case of injury or talent or skilled depreciation, you guarantee yourself the money. Lebron's got over a billion dollars, right, he doesn't need that. The financial security of it is use is meaningless to him. So here's why you wouldn't want to do it. First of all, you want to keep the Lakers' feet to the fire on potentially acquiring Kyrie or potentially trying to win this year. Two, you want to see what if for the third straight year Anthony Davis kitts and it's like, oh, he's not you know, I'm still up here and he got there during the Championship roun and there's never okay, you want that information. Three, I like Darvinham. There's a chance, though Darvinham's a disaster. Who knows you all of these things to get information. Four you want And this is the part that I don't think anyone's considering. There is a chance that Lebron that the Lakers are awesome this year. It goes great and the Bucks and Giannis or whomever wins. Right, but the Lakers have a great season, there's a chance Lebron does want to stay and he just does it for less money.
Speaker 4: Yeah that Lebron says, you know what, go ahead, that's what I think you should do. I think you might do it and did it right. And doesn't that make it much easier for Kyrie to get there this offseason?
Speaker 2: Yes, it becomes as a free agent. Could make a lot of things easily. Yeah that if Lebron says, I'm going to be in year twenty one, it's going to be my age, this is the year after this one, my age thirty nine season, I'm gonna play for less, so all of those things. So I see no upside to him signing the extension now. Doesn't mean he's leaving the Lakers, but I see no upside to him signing it now. All right, what's next?
Speaker 4: You said on TV that Trey Lance can win the Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did this.
Speaker 4: Last Sky's last season as a starter was at North Dakota three years ago.
Speaker 2: North Dakota State, North Yida State. Sorry, yeah, no problem.
Speaker 4: So is this a Andrew Wiggins Part two type of thing are you worried about?
Speaker 2: Okay, So, first of all, it is it is very the only way when you're saying Andrew Wiggins Part two, you don't get as crushed by those sons of bitches online for being too high on a guy. Do you understand what I mean? If I said that Trey Lance was going to be a complete bust and then he wins Super Bowl MVP, that is setting yourself up. I'll give you a little more. One of the reasons people crushed me for the Wiggans thing is they thought the take was mean. They thought, so, I don't think there's any take you can give that is positive that's going to be If it's a positive take that ends up being wrong, is not ever going to be as polarizing as a negative take that ends up being wrong. All right, you follow me now? The question I was asked is what is Trey Lliance's ceiling? And I stand by listen, I obviously haven't seen Trailiance played a handful of NFL games. He played college at Division two school and his final year in college going played a game because of COVID. I get all that. I also trust the Niners. I trust the draft evaluators that all that he was. I don't want to say a consensus top five pick, but a lot of teams would have taken him in the top five. Niners traded three first round picks to go get him, right, that's first of all. Second of all, I like what I saw from last year. Third of all, the Niners made two of the last three NFC Championship games with mediocre to blow average quarterback. So do I believe in a week NFC the Niners could find themselves in the NFC Championship Game again? Of course, could they win it? Of course? So if I think he could be in the Super Bowl, he's the quarterback of the team. His ceiling is Super Bowl MVP, which, by the way, this is year two for us. Since Colin Kaepernick in year two took over for the Niners, they went to the Super Bowl. Patrick Mahomes in year two, after playing nine year one, took over for the Chiefs. They went to the AFC Championship Game in overtime. Joe Burrow in year two just went to the Super Bowl. Carson Wentz, who stinks in year two was gonna win League MVP. That team ended up winning the Super Bowl. Without him. How many Lamar Jackson in year two won league MVP guys in year two? If they're that guy, are his in recent NFL history? Pretty damn good? So yeah, it's uh, it's speculative. But I believe in Trey Lance, and I believe in Deebo and Ayuk and Kittle and Shanahan and that offense, all of it. All Right, that's the time, but we're gonna squeeze in one last mini story before we move on what's next.
Speaker 4: Now, everybody's feeling as confident about their quarterbacks as you feel about Trey Lance. Matt Stafford has an abnormal elbow injury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they say it's like a baseball injury, like ten to niners. It's weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he doesn't seem to be bad.
Speaker 2: And I no, he seems fine. But I think they got like on a pitch count and practice.
Speaker 4: But go ahead. And mag Jones has been struggling in training camp. Yeah, and with Kyler Kyler Murray's contract clause, everybody thinks that it's possible that he's not focused. Yeah, what's the biggest red flag you here?
Speaker 2: Well, let's just go through them all individually quickly. The Stafford thing is either this is one of those things where it's either nothing or it changes the entire landscape of the NFC. It's if it's just soreness and he's fine, then it's nothing. If Matt Stafford, you know, has to miss time, the Rams are just totally screwed. They are a very top heavy team. No team can afford to lose their quarterback. But I would argue the Rams are now they maybe I shouldn't say they're particularly in that boat because their defense can win them games on their its own, but they are the favorites in my eyes in the NFC right now. They're not my pick, but they're the favorites to me. They should be over the Bucks. So that is if he's if he's not who he was last year, then they have no chance. So that's either like nothing or as big of an offseason story as there is. Kyler, I think the bigger story in Arizona is how poorly the organization is run. And I'm not you know, we've talked enough about that story. Listen, the Mac Jones thing. Mac Jones was awful the final six weeks of last year. After they mortified him on National TV only let him throw three passes, they lose Josh McDaniels, They don't have a single difference maker as a pass catcher. I think that mac Jones comes way back down to earth this year, and I think he that he is the guy we thought he was coming out of college, which is the most pro ready but the lowest ceiling. What does that mean? Most pro ready probably gonna be the best rookie, but then his other guys improve and reach their potential. I think he stays about the same. I think I think mac Jones's destiny is to be a Ryan Tannehill esque guy in the right circumstances can be perfectly competent and the wrong circumstances can look bad and is never going to be a guy you're like, Yep, he's the reason why.
Speaker 4: Mid is what you're saying. Say it again, he's mid.
Speaker 2: I guess that's what the kids would say, Yeah, Mac Jones, mid Ye? Did I do that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? All right, We'll be right back like that.
Speaker 2: Dude, Katie on Twitter, demanse is so good. So a year ago I found this. I found this sweet from the year ago. To set this up, someone tweeted to Katie relaxed big dog. You're Kevin Durant. Life is too sweet. This is a year And Katie replied to him, there's no relax, Champ, no relax when I'm on Twitter. I'm on tin until the second I closed the app. You relax, okay, And he really has just lived by that credo. So the other day I don't even remember what it was. Oh it was he hadn't tweeted in a couple of days, and then he sent out the It was in relation to the ninety eight Bulls against the twenty seventeen Warriors, and he was like his drama was talking about it. Oh, and it was like I don't know who would win, but I know Steve Kerr would put Steve Kurr in a bunch of picking rolls.
Speaker 4: And that was.
Speaker 2: It was like seven am, and this is only tweeting for the day, so and don't put up Katie tweet yet. So at seven o six am, this guy, just some dude, Michael Patron uh tweets car wouldn't start this morning, get to work late in our internet's down. Lol. I love this shit. Unlike at Katie Trey five, I actually enjoy taking the hardest road. It's basically just problem solving practice. So by before I even get to Kevin Durantstein, I'm now clicking on this guy and he is.
Speaker 4: He's got like an NFT profile picture.
Speaker 2: No but eight figure Amazon seller. Uh and my and just one of these guys that is like, hey, you know, he's one of these guys. Would you take a million dollars or dinner with jay Z?
Speaker 4: I do dinner?
Speaker 2: Just one of these just total buffoons. Sorry, buddy, I that's my take from just that one tweet. So now we can put the kd tweet up this guy. Since this at seven o six am, Kiddy hasn't tweeted in two days. Seventeen minutes later, KD. Wright, you enjoy having a car and getting to work and not being able to connect to the internet. He's funny, man, That's really funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, what are you gonna do? Man? Instead of like being all pissy, I really like how he's clopping back with these folks. That was that was dope.
Speaker 2: I I you know, I it's a shame that, you know, through a lot of my own doing, I think he really dislikes me because I have totally come around on Kdah. I've totally come. I've come around. I never you know, I never dislike How can you dislike the basketball? Clary is? I I thought he had made some very poor choices, and there are some things that I've criticized, but man, and I've obviously taken some shots. But he's funny.
Speaker 4: I U truly disliked KT at one point a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't need to relitigate the Warriors thing. It was just such a turn off for so many people. But the Twitter, the the burner account thing was such But now he has flipped the whole Twitter thing now, like what was his most exactly? And it's so funny. You enjoy having a car not being able to connect to the internet. God, he's funny. All right, you ready for the second segment?
Speaker 4: Let's do it?
Speaker 2: All right, let's do it. How are we starting to the B block today?
Speaker 4: We're going to talk about winning time? Oh yeah, okay, emailed them about real quick.
Speaker 2: Did you actually send the email?
Speaker 4: I can show you right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, I believe you.
Speaker 4: I wanted to make and everything demon Okay, yep, I emailed them. They haven't gotten back to me. I'm pretty sure it's either the fans haven't been tweeting enough. Somebody might already have my job. They might be in the studio already. I don't know. But I am still doing. I'm working out, doing at least two hundred push ups to day, This is true, doing at least one hundred and fifty curls a day. It's just so I can be as tune as Byron Scott. So I'm gonna need you guys to pick it up. I'm gonna need more tweets, more at winning time, HBO Demond hashtags, I need it.
Speaker 2: And also tweet at ghost Panther that's actually the producer's uh Twitter handle, ghost Panther. Okay, so tweeted him. Do we though have Here's the thing I keep telling people you were a great basketball player.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, go ahead, we've got proof.
Speaker 2: Really we've got proof. Is it high school? Don't want to see it was.
Speaker 4: My latest my last college games that I played. Okay, right here, look at that shot, man.
Speaker 2: All right, that's a good looking shot. I mean the release. You never quickened the release the way it hopes, but it was a smooth shot. Yeah, it's a great shot. It's a good looking shot. And by the way, I don't know if you can see it if you're watching it, Demonte's just banging threes. This is I mean, all of these were critical moments, especially these last two. This one I think is off screen, but this is the dagger to win the game. But do we have any clips of the athleticism? Do you have any? Oh, there's the next game. I remember there's this a putback dunk.
Speaker 4: Man that the pass was amazing. That was a great past pass. Was amazing.
Speaker 2: The okay, I like this clip and then again.
Speaker 4: And you can see you can see my dad and then in the bottom screen on most of them. Yeah, jumping up, jumping up.
Speaker 2: I flew to San Diego to watch.
Speaker 4: It's amazing. Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Was that the game that you had almost thirty in the first half?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I think I finished with like twenty seven points there.
Speaker 2: But they didn't let you play most of the second half because you cursed at yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so they teed you up. Yeah, which was really I don't think. I don't get technicals often. It was really weird.
Speaker 2: No, but you were cursing it yourself. Also, it's college, it's not high school. I didn't even know you got a technical for that, but neither here or that. All right, listen, folks, Demonse's planning on moving to la He will go there earlier, and our producers they were like, hey, Demons, you can you know, in the meantime, since you're not set up in la yet, you can use our address. What they don't understand what that means is if he gets this gig, it's not just use the address. It's live at your house until he gets his apartment, which depending on the credit check and the credit score, might take a few months. So I hope everybody understands what they've signed up for. But if it ends up with Demanse being Byron Scott on one of the biggest shows in America, you know who I reached out to to help us with this, Bamani, because Bomani is a show on HBO, is produced it's produced by the same guy, and it's on HBO, So we're trying.
Speaker 4: To all right, Demanse stands, we still need you guys, but that's huge.
Speaker 2: Demonse stands, Okay, I don't know if those people exist.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm going to create a name for him.
Speaker 2: How about just you know, friends of the Pod. Friends of the pod, we don't need demanse stands. See that's where we don't listen. I just want to get demand. I want demand to get an audition. I think you would do great. I think you look enough like Byron Scott. I think your build is incredibly similar, and I think you're yeah, you are getting bigger. I think the game is similar. I think there's a lot of things by the way, real quick before we get to right or wrong. You know, because you have been doing a shit ton of push ups. You know that every time I holler at you and you're like, let me finish, or you're working out, and you make that clear, your mom just roasts me. Really yeah, man, because I haven't been working out. I did really good for about a year of not just the peloton but lifting weights. I was working out five days a week. And then it's not just that the pod started, it's that your Momuck, she's here right now, and I don't think she's gonna watch this whole show. Your mom's store opened, and I got basically another job from work. Every day, open up the gates, do all these things during the normal workout time. So I've fallen off a bit and so now every time you're down there doing pushups, she's like, oh, Demonse has time. I'm like, you gotta be you.
Speaker 4: For lost time. Man. During that year that you were grinding on the peloton and weightlift, Yeah you.
Speaker 2: Got fat, buddy. Yeah, yeah, you're looking bad. You did the No, you weren't looking bad, and you didn't get fat. But you also and then we can move on to the actual show. Uh, you did do a full year of building fins, which kept me in great shape. Well I would imagine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it almost might have been better than basketball shape.
Speaker 2: Oh you certainly stronger. Yeah yeah, and then you got Then it's amazing. What what living right around the poverty line buildings and eating noodles three meals a day?
Speaker 4: Will it? Will do?
Speaker 2: And then you come move it back in here. You're not building fences. We got a chef, and all of a sudden it's like, oh boy, life's good. Then you got yourself back. I'm proud of you. All right, let's play a game. Right or wrong?
Speaker 4: Oh? Right or wrong? Luka Donsons be spotted in Slovenia looking skinny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well not that skinny, but go ahead.
Speaker 4: Apparently he's been training extra hard this offseason, and it's clearly showing right or wrong, Luca is too skinny.
Speaker 2: I actually think that's right.
Speaker 4: You think he's too skinny.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think that he will put on some more weight. If it was the season we're starting right now, I would not want him that weight. I do think he needed to get in better cardiovascular shape because he has such a load on him. Offensively, I think one of the reasons that he either was call it lacka days ago on defense or wearing down in fourth quarters was he was not in the best physical condition. Okay, However, I think Luca's NBA equivalent as far as stylistically on offenses Lebron right, and he's not the athlete Lebron is, but he plays very similar and puts up very similar you know the twenty seven to seven and seven Lebron's thing where it's you're gonna fill up every part of the box score, right. One of the keys for Lebron to be able to do that is taking the punishment and I and for Lebron it was with pure muscle, but then later in his career also put on extra weight. Luca is never gonna have that type of body, But I do think a little extra weight helps him deal with the punishment.
Speaker 4: I literally, I was just saying this, Yeah, yeah, No, I was just saying, like, the only way this I was I don't I didn't want to say that he was too skinny, but I was just saying that the only way that him losing all this weight works if he's just that much faster.
Speaker 2: But he's not gonna get that much faster. No, I don't think he's gonna get by the way. I don't think he needs to be faster. He makes everyone play at his speed. He gets him on his ass, like right on his hip and just does what he wants. What he needs is to be totally honest, his lungs to be in better shape. He needs just to be in better cardio vast condition. Yeah, for real. And I think trimming down. I think it is easier once the season starts, or leading into the season to bulk up with good weight, which I assume he will do. So I like this as a sign of what he's doing this offseason. I would think this would be too skinny for it to be his playing weight. I think he's got to gain a little bit of weight, all right, what's next.
Speaker 4: Okay, the jont played in a pro am game in Seattle with his new teammates Trey Young and Jason and John Collins. Yeah, after the game, he urged more NBA players to play in proram games for fans they can't afford it. Yep, right or wrong, it's worth the injury is for NBA players to play in PROME games. Right.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, and this was the knock on Ben Simmons among other a handful of other guys who don't like seem to show year over year improvement. Here's the thing about NBA players. They're going to play basketball all year round, maybe take a month off after the season. So, whether it's a pro am game, whether it's the open run at UCLA that's been going on forever, whether it's pick up at twenty four when you lived in Houston, how long would you see Dwight Howard.
Speaker 4: Yah, he came up. He came up to our school in toime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, guys love to play, So I don't look at it as more of an injury orrisk playing in these proram games than playing at lifetime or twenty. These guys are going to play it's not like football where there's so much more contact and you can't really play organized football, you know what I mean, outside of the context of your team. So I think it is at the injury risk.
Speaker 4: And then I think as long as they're playing with the right folks, I think that you could be playing against high risk like people that are more well Listen.
Speaker 2: I think some people would argue that it is a higher risk at the pro am because it's guys who are like, I could be a pro and I'm gonna show him. But what's really gonna get you messed up is if you're playing with someone totally sloppy, totally out of control. And that's not gonna happen in a pro am game as likely as it's gonna happen at just some gym, some open run. So I think it's worth the risk. I also want to talk here because I said we're gonna talk about it. The Dejonte Murray Polo Boncaro all of a sudden feud. I love it. I love that both. I love that Paolo all of a sudden is like taking on the mantle of ours, the number one pardon me, but pick of this draft. Nobody's gonna talk trash to me and Dejonte, who nobody's ever thought of as a star in year five. Jonta Murray, Yeah, that sounds right. I'm not sure if it's your five or year I.
Speaker 4: Think I just think it's like I compare it to me fighting with Deanna. How are you gonna be beefing with this dude? They just got to the NBA.
Speaker 2: Well, I think he's the number.
Speaker 4: One pick, and it's like, but at.
Speaker 2: So he's played five years, but he missed one year with injuries, so he's so this is he's played six years if you include that, so this will be your seven. It's because of the number one pick and Dejonte's feeling himself, you know what I mean, got traded for all these picks, is looking at a big deal coming up, so I get it. I also like Palo not backing down. I like the whole thing for both of them. All Right, I know we're out of time, so we'll go quick through these last few. What's next?
Speaker 4: Former Pats offensive lineman Rich Ornberger said that he sorry not so, but once, after oversleeping, intentionally crashed his car so he could dodge the raft of Bill Belichick. Right or wrong. This is the sign of a great coach. Okay, I that's freaking crazy.
Speaker 2: All right, it's story time real quick. Yeah, this is this is like the most instant karma that ever happened. Right, So I'm not even gonna answer this question. I Belichick.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 2: Belichick's a hard nosed guy. We all know it's fine. Is the reason I left this in the show is tell the story. So college, my friend Tamara, who you know, was flying back from somewhere to Syracuse. I like an overnight flight, like six thirty am or maybe even earlier landing, and I told her I'd pick her up. I had been gambling it was coming back from winter break at turning Stone Casino in Syracuse, and I lost track of time or I didn't care or whatever. And as I'm walking to my car, she calls me to say like where are you? And am walking to my car from the parking lot and I've got It's a forty five minute drive and it's snowing because it's Syracuse in the winter. And I answer and the phone dies and I'm like, oh my god. So I get on all Syracuse highways is out. There's toll road. Get to the toll booth, and I convinced the toll booth operator this is both pretty easy to take chips, no to let me use his phone to call her.
Speaker 4: And tell her.
Speaker 2: So I call her and she's yelling at me. She's like, where are you? I've been waiting and I'm like, And I got irritated that she was irritated with me. She doesn't know this, but she I don't know if she watches the pot. I got irritated that she was irritated with me, so I said I was like, Tamara, I gotten a wreck, and she was like, oh my god, are you okay? Like, I'm fine. Car's a little banged up, but I'm running late, but I will come. I will be there. She's like, okay, I'm sorry. I'm like, don't worry about it. I'm on away. Give the guy his phone back. Leave the toll area. From the toll area, it's a ramp to the next highway. Car spins out on the ramp and bangs the guardrail right after I claimed I had gotten in a wreck. So two things. One is that's crazy karma. Second is I don't know what my plan had been about when I when I picked her up, and she was gonna be like where Jay, Where's But now there was actual damage to the vehicle.
Speaker 4: I would have kicked the car kicked it.
Speaker 2: Well, I wasn't worth it, but I so, yeah, so I've done something similar. I get it the old car wreck excuse, except I didn't try to get in the car wreck. But I did get in the car wreck. Okay, all right, let's building.
Speaker 4: Let's it's just as scary as angry.
Speaker 2: Yet I think that's actually smart. I think Rich probably would have gotten cut. I think it's actually smart. He's cut guys for less. All right, go ahead, all right.
Speaker 4: So Aaron Rodgers said last week his back to back MVPs came from his improved mental state from taking some psychedelics called.
Speaker 2: You've been practicing this all morning?
Speaker 4: Ayahuasca?
Speaker 2: Oh nailed nailed it?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so right or wrong? To improve the show, we should take psychedelics.
Speaker 2: Well do they work?
Speaker 4: To Monsea, I have no idea.
Speaker 2: You a damn line.
Speaker 4: I don't. I took psychedelics. Am I allowed to say this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sure, I'm a grown man. I'm twenty four years Yeah, I'm taking Amaron Rogers, So, yeah, I took psychedelics once when I was a kid, and I want to slip.
Speaker 2: When you were a kid, and oh my god, I alight, all right, bleep that entire you know what, hold on, hold on, We're gonna Oh my god, that makes me look so bad. That's not what I thought you were gonna say. Oh, you can leave this in the show. But bleep, bleep some of that. I was just bleep the context of winning where to stop? Stop stop talking, stop talking. I was joking, you weren't.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I've got to get that like that.
Speaker 2: That since of like when I'm serious and when I'm not. Yeah, like what you're like? Are we playing a game here? Am I serious? I respect the honesty, dude. I remember the I know how old you were the last time you went what do you?
Speaker 4: What are you? I was eighteen.
Speaker 2: I don't think that you keep saying it like I was eighteen. You're still the illiter. No, the answer to this question is no, we're not taking psychedelic drugs to improve the show. And no, I'm not taking ayahuasca or micro I joked on TV that I would microde osh psilocybin, uh like they did in that nine Perfect Strangers thing. But I'm not a drug guy. I have enough vices. I gamble, I drank, I occasionally smoke. I am not a drug guy.
Speaker 4: Uh agreed?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, what's the last topic? This really went off the rails. I blame the producers for putting this in there without fully vetting you.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, video surface the Royal Sodeo breaking his mother's ankles. Yeah, a new net at the NETS training facility.
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 4: Right or wrong? I should do this to mom?
Speaker 2: How do you think that would go for you?
Speaker 4: I just don't think i'd post her up?
Speaker 2: Okay. But but if you were playing basketball with her and she ended up falling to the ground and people were around, how do you think that would go for you?
Speaker 4: Honestly don't know.
Speaker 2: I do. Do you remember the time? I mean don't Maybe no, maybe you don't remember because maybe you were tripping balls right before you went to Schlittermond. But uh, the last time your mom you were you were in high school. We were standing in the kitchen and I don't know what you said to your mother and my.
Speaker 4: Nose, Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah's big ass is towering over Danielle and he said something that made her mad. Yeah, and she she said, she reached up stucker in your nose, in like all the way in my nose, like not just.
Speaker 4: Like right, yeah, like like like like.
Speaker 2: Daring you like do something like oh my god. I was stating there like, oh my god, well it's gonna happen here.
Speaker 4: It was after an elite performance in an AAU basketball game.
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't know, that's probably why you were feeling yourself. You re you got a little got a little too big for your breeches. Yeah, all right, Well, you know we're gonna we're gonna discuss, you know, me and my wife's parenting strategies of you know, the late twenty tens, because it looks like we might have had a few misses and we'll come right back.
Speaker 4: By the way, that never happened.
Speaker 2: It was just for the Oh that's what you always say, like anyone whenever, just so you know, a little little pro tip is another wisdom for my buddy life. Well, anything you say on the air, that thing causes blowback in your real life. You just say, what are you talking about? We're entertainers just for the show. Like you're resting Johnny Depp for being a drug trafficker, don't you see blow No, you're not like we're just performing here even though it's all true.
Speaker 4: Okay, well but it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not, it's not.
Speaker 4: I thought it would be a cool story, exactly. There you go, all right, we'll be.
Speaker 2: Right back, all right, welcome back in what's right? Nick? Right? Final segment. Try to be quick here, because not shockingly, our first two segments both went a little over. So I said, we're still gonna be doing three pods a week most weeks. And by the way, also next week we're off. Next week, I'm going to Italy one last vacation, and then we're gonna be on until through the end of the Super Bowl. But once I come back, we're gonna be doing three pods a week, just like we've been doing. And we might even have a fancy new studio. Keep that under wraps for now, but at some point it's coming and we'll show that to you guys. But we're not gonna be doing the fifty years players in the last fifty years, and I don't have another ready made list that I've been working on for a couple of years. So what is going to come in place of that third pod a week, and the answer is during NFL season is gonna be a gambling show. So there's going to be a lot of elements here that we are still working out. One of them is, while Demonse's a football fan and watches the games, he does not bet on football, and in fact it does not even as I think maybe a lot of you is not familiar with things like teasers and some of the exotics that are big in football. By the way, a little if you can still get down on it. I think my favorite bet of week one is a two team six point teaser where you're gonna tease the Bengals to a pick them at home against the Steelers and whatever doufest they tried out at quarterback and the Broncos to a pick them at Seattle where they're gonna annihilate the Seattle Seahawks, or there's just no chance Russell Wilson. I'm not big Russell Wilson, ever, there's no chance they lose to that Seahawks team that's starting either Drew Locker or Gino Smith. So a nice little early preseason two team teaser start your season off right. So we are going to do a weekly gambling show, and I am going to try to get other media members across not just Fox, but across you know, all of national media to enter into an official picks contest of Now, this will part of this will be part of what we do on the show. We're gonna We're gonna kind of iron all this out, but I would like to get all of as many national media members as possible to put you know, call it five hundred bucks, a thousand bucks, whatever it is for the season.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: So it's not weekly or anything like that, but every week we give our picks like the Las Vegas Hilton Super Contest or whatever it's called now and at the end of the year we have a winner. Going into the year, though a little preview if you are curious what I am on headed into the season. As far as season long win totals, where I'm at, I really like the Jags over six and a half wins at plus money. I believe in Trevor Lawrence. I think Trevor I think quarterbacks of that caliber plus the Doug Peterson addition in that division. Can the Jacksonville Jaguars win seven games? And the answer is unequivocally yes, And you're getting plus money on that. And you might say Jacksonville was so bad last year. It's true, But Jacksonville on the schedule this year has Washington has two games against Houston, they also have they have six, they have Detroit, they have the Jets and the Giants. So that's six games against some of the worst teams in football. If they can just go call it four and two in those six games, can they find three wins in the rest of their schedule? Absolutely? In fact, I think the Jags could go nine and eight if everything falls right. As so, the Jags are one team that I'm very high on the season long over, as far as a season long under that I like a lot. I don't see how Denver gets to eleven wins, and right now their win total is sitting at ten. At ten and seven would be a push with the for the Broncos just to do this quickly the Broncos. How many wins do the Broncos need to have banked to get to eleven wins when you consider here is their final six games of the year, Baltimore home for the Chiefs, home for the Cardinals, at the Rams, at the Chiefs home for the Chargers. So that is six games. You have two against the Chiefs, one against the defending champion Rams, one against one in Baltimore. Arizona is the only easy game, and they were a playoff team last year, and then home for the Chargers to end the year. So even if they are eight and three through eleven weeks, are they a lot to get to eleven wins? Absolutely not. Are they like if they're nine and two, are they a lot to get to eleven wins? No, they're likely, but they could at nine and two. I'm sorry, they're nine and two and they will go two and four down the stretch shore. So I guess point is this Denver under ten I like a lot, Jacksonville over six and a half, I like a lot. And that tease of the Bengals to a pick them and the Broncos to a pick them. You're not saying Nick saying the Broncos under, and you're putting the Broncos in the tease, hanging the Broncos and start that you're two and oh they start at Seattle and home for Houston. But they need to start the year basically seven and one in order to hit that over. Give them what their second f schedule is so more of that, plus some games and some contests between Demanse and I during our weekly gambling show that'll be coming up later in the week. One more pod this week, then I go to Italy and we're back full force with the NFL season. That's today's show.
Speaker 4: Goodbye, folks. Remember what I said.