Speaker 1: Hey, it's me Blippy and this is my best friend Mika.
Speaker 2: Hi, Amika, nice to meet you. And this is our car, the Blippy Mobile.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Blippy Mobile takes us to amazing places where we have awesome adventures. I wonder where will we go today? Jump in the Flippy mobiles. Ow, you're playing and learning along the way, Hey, adventures, jump this way.
Speaker 3: It's Flippy and Mika's of the ro train day.
Speaker 1: And now we'll add a carrot nose to our snowman friend. I think we just made the best snowman ever, don't.
Speaker 3: You, Meka?
Speaker 4: We sure did.
Speaker 3: I love snowy days. How about you Debo? Oh maybe not. Debo doesn't have a winter coat and hat to stay warm like we do.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 1: I wonder how do animals stay warm in the cold? What's that, Debot? You're pretending to be a seal? Now you're a bear, a polar bear, and now a walrus. So silly, hm, But what do those animals have in common?
Speaker 3: I think there are cold weather animals.
Speaker 2: Seals, polar bears, and walruses live in the Arctic, one of the coldest places in the world.
Speaker 1: Wait are you thinking what I'm thinking? Road trip Hey friend, do you want to come with us?
Speaker 2: All right, awesome, I'll check the maps I've got in my jam pack.
Speaker 3: Meet you at the Blippy Mobile.
Speaker 1: Oh I pee im OPI Hi Hellee?
Speaker 4: Click quick, put your seat thouns on.
Speaker 3: Get ready for I. We're gonna have some fun.
Speaker 1: In the Blippy Mobile. We'll drive away, finding you adventures, will lap and play Let's file Bye bye, Let's go.
Speaker 4: I l a okay, are you ready?
Speaker 3: Mika ready, Blippy?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need jet wings jet wings. Slippy Mobile is ready for adventure. Thanks Debo, We'll see you soon. Here we go, all right, Blippy.
Speaker 2: According to the map, the jet powered Blippy Mobile has brought us to the Arctic.
Speaker 3: But all I see on the ground is snow. There's nowhere to drive.
Speaker 1: In that case, I'm gonna neat the Blippy Snowmobile.
Speaker 3: Snowmobiles.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, we've got skis and tracks just like a real snowmobile.
Speaker 3: We'll be moving and grooving in no time.
Speaker 1: And I know the perfect game to play while we drive around in the snow. What's outside your window?
Speaker 3: Hey friend? Do you want to play What's outside your window?
Speaker 4: With us?
Speaker 3: Awesome?
Speaker 4: You can look outside, close your eyes imagine what you see a monster truck? Who knows what's outside your window?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll go.
Speaker 2: Wow, I see an icy ocean and a school of shiny white whales.
Speaker 3: Playing in the waves. What do you see outside your window? And what sound does it make? Awesome?
Speaker 1: Hey, Mika, there's a red building ahead of us with a sign that says Eureka Arctic Research Station.
Speaker 3: And look, a man on skis in a big coat is waving at us. Let's say hi, hello.
Speaker 4: There you too.
Speaker 5: Color me surprised to see you. Don't get too many visitors up here in the Arctic, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's me Blippy and this is my best friend Mika.
Speaker 3: Nice to meet you.
Speaker 5: Well, I go by Mackenzie, and I'm up here at the Eureka Research Station to study Arctic wildlife.
Speaker 1: Wow, we're here to find out how cold weather animals stay warm.
Speaker 4: Ha ha, Well you came to the right place, eh, Mackenzie.
Speaker 2: While we were driving around in our Blippy snowmobile, we saw some whales that were white from their heads to their tails.
Speaker 4: Sure that'd be the beautiful beluga.
Speaker 5: The beluga whale is an Arctic mammal animals with warm blood that have adapted to living in this very cold climate. They have a thick layer of fat beneath their skin called blubber that traps in the heat.
Speaker 6: I bet their teeth are always chattering. Whales do make noises, but different from what you'd expect. In fact, if we use our listening ears and the wind is just right, you can hear a very special sound.
Speaker 4: Indeed, let's listen.
Speaker 1: Huh ooh, I think I hear something, but I'm not sure what it is.
Speaker 3: Hmm me neither. Hey, I know the perfect game we can play. What's that sound?
Speaker 4: Yeahha?
Speaker 1: Do you want to play?
Speaker 5: Two?
Speaker 1: Awesome?
Speaker 4: What's that sound? Follow your ears? What do you hear of?
Speaker 3: Plass?
Speaker 4: Or even a rock?
Speaker 3: Listen all around.
Speaker 4: For the sound to day.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's listen.
Speaker 5: There's sound everywhere if you listen closely, even up here at the top of the world. Check out this recording I made using underwater microphones.
Speaker 4: Those are singing bowhead whales. Whoa what are they singing about?
Speaker 5: No one knows for sure, but we think that whales sing to communicate with each other, sometimes to whales that are very far away. Also, it might be that whales like to sing just like we do eh.
Speaker 3: I loved to sing I'm a singing whale.
Speaker 1: Great job, Mika, I thought you were a real whale there for a second.
Speaker 4: Ha ha, me too.
Speaker 5: And did you know something else about bowhead whales? They live longer than any mammal on Earth two hundred years. That's a lot of birthday candles if you like, I'll grab my snowmobile and we can go look for more Arctic animals.
Speaker 4: I think you'll be surprised by what we find.
Speaker 3: By would we All right? Let's go.
Speaker 6: Snowmobile, snowmobile win nothing dust on the ice.
Speaker 3: Then the snowmobile skied through the snow.
Speaker 1: Let's take the wheel, no mobile on a frozen journey?
Speaker 3: Is this real snow?
Speaker 4: There's a huge bole of beir Wow. Look there's a hair and the ductive fuck. So can you hear the whale song too?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I could hear the whale song too.
Speaker 1: Whoo sew mob snow moby ling out the past around the ice, stand snow holing out the past around the ice nd the snow mold.
Speaker 4: Look around, see any animals?
Speaker 3: All I see is snow?
Speaker 4: Whoa snow everywhere?
Speaker 3: Oh there's a no, no, never mind, that's just a tree.
Speaker 4: Branch. Look a little closer.
Speaker 3: Oh, wait, I do see something.
Speaker 2: It's a cute little bunny, but totally covered in white fur.
Speaker 4: Bingo, that's a snowshoe hair.
Speaker 5: She's keeping a close eye on the white Arctic fox sneaking around her den, and that white fur helps keep small animals safe from bigger animals like the polar bear.
Speaker 4: Speaking of look way off in the distance. There's a polar bear.
Speaker 3: So cool.
Speaker 2: I wish we could explore all day, but we should get back to the clubhouse.
Speaker 4: Sure thing. Oo, it seems my snowmobile won't start.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have an idea, Mackenzie, will use this rope to tie your snowmobile behind us.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's a great idea. Hang on time. Well that was quite a ride.
Speaker 3: Oh you said it.
Speaker 5: It's exciting to see these animals in their natural habitat, but it's also very important to give them space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a lot of fun learning about Arctic animals. Thanks for showing us around.
Speaker 4: Ah, the pleasure was all mine. Stop by anytime.
Speaker 3: Bye bye, Cassie.
Speaker 2: We saw so many amazing things on our field trip to the Arctic.
Speaker 1: You're right, Mika, it's been so much fun learning new things.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 1: What did we learn today?
Speaker 2: It's so cool?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 4: Two, three?
Speaker 3: Can you tell me?
Speaker 2: I learned that animals like the snowshoe hair and Arctic fox have all.
Speaker 3: My first so they can blend in with the snow and keep them safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I learned that animals who live in really cold weather have a layer of fat called blubber that helps keep them warm. But Debo should probably just get a coat and mittens.
Speaker 2: And don't forget about bowhead whales who say to you, O kate with other whales and can live up to two hundred years or longer.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I liked it all so much. Wait, I have an idea. Let's have another road trip real soon.
Speaker 1: Great idea, Mica, and you're invited to Bye bye bye.
Speaker 4: Jump in the flippy mobiles.
Speaker 3: Up you're plane and learning along the way. Hey, adventures trump this way it's micause of the road trip.
Speaker 6: Yay.
Speaker 1: This podcast is executive produced by Moonbug Entertainment and Wheelhouse DNA