Speaker 1: My next guest is the first overall pick in the twenty fifteen NFL Draft. After playing with the Cleveland Browns last season, he is now an unrestricted free agent. What's his next move? I'm about to find out. Please welcome to the show to one and only Jamis Winston.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: How you doing? Brow? What's good? Brother?
Speaker 3: The goat?
Speaker 2: My brother?
Speaker 1: What the hell is this that I'm seeing you? Sitting there working for Fox Sports Digital at media day in the Super Bowl interview in Saint Kwon Parkley?
Speaker 2: Who what was that?
Speaker 1: What was going on there?
Speaker 2: Well? Man, I'm a Fox Sports correspondent.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: You know that's exploring different avenues that this profession offers, So I'm taking advantage of it.
Speaker 1: What kind of questions were you coming up with to ask Sa Kwon bark Well?
Speaker 2: One of my most popular questions was what his favorite color was?
Speaker 3: But it's all it's it's the delivery, as you know what everything, It's not what you're bringing, it's how you deliver it.
Speaker 2: It's how you deliver it.
Speaker 1: So you thought it was pertinent to ask him about his favorite color? What did you think we were gonna get out of that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I was thinking I was gonna get his favorite color, and that's what I got.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: When you think about yourself being here right now, what is this feeling like for you? Because obviously, the Eagles are here, the kids, the City Chiefs are here. Cleveland Browns are not obviously, So what has it been like for you to experience this here at Super Bowl Week?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Man, when I first got signed with Cleveland Browns, I had a paaradown ship, not really a paradown ship, but I started spending time in meditation and prayer, in writing that I was going to lead the Cleveland Browns to the Super Bowl fifty nine February ninth, twenty twenty five in the New Orleans super Dome because I just was here in the city, like that's something I've written, wrote down every single day. But the Lord works some mysterious ways. I didn't know that he was gonna bring me here in the Super Bowl to be a Fosports correspondent, to have all this media energy and have all this media attention. So in the essence, like this is kind of a media super Bowl for me. It's unfortunate because I want to be in the real thing. I want to be in a real show, Like I don't like the facade of everything I want to be playing in the game. But I'm very happy for these two brothers that's in the game, and I'm looking forward to continue to work with thoughts and put on the show.
Speaker 1: How have you felt about your career and how it has gone. You come into the league in twenty fifteen, You start off your career, I think first five years in Tampa, you spent three end of spending three years in New Orleans. You've obviously been in Cleveland over the last year or two. How would you describe your career in your words?
Speaker 3: Obviously, I'm very grateful for my career because it was my dream to be an NFL quarterback. I just sometimes I look back and say, like, Lord, I should have prayed more specific it should have been to be an NFL Super Bowl winning quarterback.
Speaker 2: Because my career has not.
Speaker 3: Gone no way, shape, form, fashion the way that I wanted to go. But I think that's something that's unique about me because I'm always able to see the.
Speaker 2: Good in everything.
Speaker 3: I believe I have been very dominant in terms of throwing the football, passing the football. I feel like I have been very exciting in terms of giving the fans a great experience to see. I do not feel like that I've been to the caliber that I can be in terms of a team trusted me to be their franchise quarterback because I have all the intangibles. I know, I prepare myself better than anybody. But now I have one thing that I need to eliminate. And now you think I'm gonna talk about interceptions, but I'm really going to talk about winning, because when you win, they can't do nothing to you. You got me, cause I damn sure when you're exactly where I was going, I know exactly where you're going at. But I think it's winning.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Like I've never lost in my entire life until I really got to the NFL, So that has been challenging for me, and I went through stages of growth understanding like, man, just because we lose it, I'm not gonna compromise with this. Earlier on in my career, I got okay with losing in Tampa Bay, and that was me not being who I truly was, So just me going out of there understanding that authentically, like man, my main priorit of is I want to win and I'm not going to substitute how I feel, or I would say, suffocate my emotions and competitiveness of winning for anybody else I brought up.
Speaker 1: I was going to bring up the perceptions You're absolutely right, because I've never recovered from the thirty that you threw in twenty nineteen. I've always held that one thing against you. Yes, but I held it against you because I'm like, he can really play. He could throw the damn football. He does have the intangels. He's not a scrub. His brother can play. We saw what you did at Florida, say, we know who you are. Why is it that this one impediment continues to play again? Why do you think that is because you don't You're smart, you know you sit.
Speaker 4: Up there and look at it.
Speaker 1: Why can't he overcome this one malady? How do you answer that question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, some of the best years in my career, why I protected the football real will. I've had guys that have allowed me to just truly be who I am and not found a way to protect me from myself. I believe I am an aggressive quarterback. I believe I do like to take chances. But I think some of the best years I I played was those years what I wasn't the reason for us winning. And in times when you're the quarterback, obviously you have quarterbacks, they're like, hey, he's the one that we're winning because of, and we're just winning with him. In times, I want to be that quarterback that we win because of. But throughout the course of my career, like it's certain opportunities, but the team really don't need me. They just don't need me to mess it up right, And like me, I want every opportunity. I want to take on every opportunity. So understanding how to not mess the game up is something that I'm still learning and I got to keep getting better at that.
Speaker 1: What do you say to somebody that says, thirty one years of age, you should know by now, how do you respond to that?
Speaker 3: Well, I would tell them, man, like, being an African American quarterback from the state of Alabama, I always was very past century. Everybody always tried to put me in above about being athletic. So I always wanted to show people that I can throw the ball and throw it with the best of them. So that's the mentality that I created over time that I'm still learning how to win evaluate my personnel right, making sure that I'm throwing to guys that I trust, right, making sure that one of the guys that are that I noticed it gonna be in a specific place. Me evaluating my defense, knowing who I can attack, because I'm not scared of anybody. But one thing I'm starting to learn is like you can be confident in what you got, but you also have to have a certain level of fear, that fear of messing the game up for your teammates. So age, I know age is a is a big thing, man, But I know I can play.
Speaker 4: And I think that's thirty one ain't old in this In today's NFL.
Speaker 1: You got you got a decade to go, as far as I'm concerned considering some of the quarterbacks that are still playing this game. But I wanted to listening to you. I wanted to peel beneath something that you alluded to. You talked about being a black quarterback from Alabama, and you talked about essentially debunking stereotypes. In other words, you know what, they can't really throw the athletic.
Speaker 4: They can run with the football, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Did it ever occur to you that one of your biggest problems might be that you're not an asshole, that you're one of the nicest guys, smart, you're affable, you're pleasant to be around. You're not an asshole, You're not one of those truck yelling a cerbic individuals is gonna be like hell with you. I don't give a damn who likes me it. Did it ever occur to you that you might be too nice?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, and that that might be the thing that's holding you back because you want to please everybody.
Speaker 4: Could that be it?
Speaker 2: That's definitely it. Man.
Speaker 3: Like, for the beginning part of my career, I was in this people pleasing business man.
Speaker 2: Me and my daddy used to go back and forth about you.
Speaker 3: Got to prove none of these people, man, you just got to show up, win and show out. But when I first got into this lead man, the aura that was around me was a negative aura.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: So I came into this lead man trying to show people who I truly was trying to show people that I'm not a bad guy. I'm not who you hear about me in the media. And that was outside of my element. Because you don't have to show nobody who you really are. You just be who you really are. But the youthfulness that I had, I thought that I had to do that. I thought that I had to be in the community all the time, making sure I show people like, man, I love my people, I love my community, I love my kids. You know, I thought I had to be up in my teammates facings talking about like a man. He come on, let's God, don't worry about that. We're gonna get this, this and that. But at the end of the day, being nice is the thing. I do believe that I'm called to be the salt of the earth and the light of the world.
Speaker 2: I do. I know my faith has brought me to where I'm at now.
Speaker 3: But I thank you exactly right, bro, I am too nice, man, I am too I do focus a lot on other people's opinions more than my own self sometimes.
Speaker 1: And I gotta tell you, you and I haven't seen each other in a while.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: I know we saw each other in Tampa years ago when we came to Tampa. I know we saw each other another time.
Speaker 2: I forgot you.
Speaker 1: Was reminded me before we went on the air. But that's the only time we've really seen each other. Face to face, James, you seem like the same dude.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: You seem like the same nice, lovable, affable dude, the same look on your face, same personality, same niceness, the kind of things that you're alluding to, it's consistently you. I'm not telling you to be something other than what you are. But what I'm saying is, when you're a quarterback of a National Football League team, sometimes you gotta make cats scared to mess up just as much as you scared to mess up, because if you nice, they can always defer to you as being the one to blade or the one who will forgive them easily.
Speaker 2: For messing out. That's my career, That's what I'm saying. That makes man.
Speaker 3: One of the biggest things that I uh that was opening to me is when I became the African American version of Drew Bledsoe. When Tom Brady came in after that COVID year and took the Bucks to the Super Bowl, and I would talk to my teammates and they would say they would say.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, Tom, he worked so hard, like he brought this hard work.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, man, y'all don't remember when I used to tell y'all let's go to Skyway and let's run these routes, and y'all'll be like, oh man, my legs tired, this, that, and the other like, but y'all went out there and ran routes for Tom.
Speaker 1: But they didn't do it for you.
Speaker 3: Some of them didn't do it for me, you know what I'm saying, And like, and that comes from that again, that comeplace of like, man, we kind of like, we know Tom will getting our butt if we're not out there. We know what Tom expects for us. But James, you are okay, You'll say okay, I'll go to somebody else. You won't sit there and cote on like you ain't show up to the throwing session while you ain't do it to the throwing session because.
Speaker 2: I'm not like that.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm a servant leader and I believe I can do it in a different way. But I do think it takes that certain level of sternness and accountability for my other teammates to require success.
Speaker 1: So with that being said, is it possible that what plagued you coming out of college and this innate belief that you had to prove yourself to other people back in twenty and fifteen when you first entered the NFL.
Speaker 4: It's something you still haven't let go of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it's something that I'm consistently working on, because you have to address your past before you can move forward in the present. But what I am doing, I'm focusing on what my feet at now and addressing the things. One being accountable of my mistakes, being accountable of how I have played in this league. And I think that's one thing I think people respect about me because own dosh, nothing on duck, no wreck. I just go out there and do what I do. But me being who I am, man, I'm a person increase. I'm always gonna be lifting my teammates up. I'm always gonna be trying to find that sea of good in everything. But I do agree with you sometimes I can develop I need to, well, I'm required to develop some site of sternness when I'm approaching these men within a facility, because a lot of people can they can.
Speaker 2: Portray this uh this uh.
Speaker 3: I would say this uh this kindness as a softness, as a as a like pushoverns and people do ain't never tried me like that.
Speaker 1: Or what I'm saying is I'm going to a different route. I'm saying because of your character, me meaning you being a god fearing, decent human being that wants to forgive people, that understands everybody makes mistakes, all of this other stuff that comes with it. It's possible. It's not even about you being a pushover. It's simply about you being such a nice guy that you're not somebody that's going to hold them accountable, so they don't have to, they don't have the fear of accountability, because that's what it comes down to. And now, when you look at your career, where do you go from here? Because you're still that nice guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I go from focusing more on myself.
Speaker 3: But that's one thing when you if you look at my tape and my interceptions, I trust way too many people to make plays for me.
Speaker 2: Yes, because I'm confident. I'm comforting them because I know the work that we put in.
Speaker 3: But in this game, it's about eliminating negative plays, and you just gotta really sometimes you just got to realize that they're not putting in the work.
Speaker 4: But you're a student of history too.
Speaker 1: You've heard Joe Montana sit up there and look at somebody I remember I interviewed Joe Montana and I was talking about how receivers acting when Teo was on San Francisco. He wasn't on there at the time, he had retired, and I said, if you had too get on you the way he got or super receiver, get on you the way to got on Jeff Garcia. Joe Montana said, I'd have looked at him and said, I guess you don't want the ball. You said what I'm saying. You look at Tom Brady. You're supposed to run this route.
Speaker 4: You don't run.
Speaker 1: You don't run the right route.
Speaker 4: You ain't gonna see the ball.
Speaker 1: Basketball wise, I remember Isaiah Thomas told me he threw a pass to John Sally and John Sally missed and missed the layup. Isaiah Thomas looked at him and said, if you don't dunk that shit, the next time.
Speaker 4: I give you the ball, you won't see it for a month.
Speaker 1: And John Sally was petrified because he knew that John Isaiah Thomas was serious that he would not see.
Speaker 4: The ball for a month.
Speaker 1: You still say, you know basketball, They got several games with nobody out of forteen to fifty games a month. Do you think as you reflect on you that you might need to be that kind of guy.
Speaker 3: Well, I have that in me, man, and I tell you, and I've relayed those messages some of my teammates before. But like I say, I'm a man of increase, and I believe I can get it done the way that I do it. But it is a certain level of accountability that's required from all of us.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I do I do know that I'm in the I'm in the season of just being able to tell folks no, just being able to look people in their eyes and say like, nah, I'm not feeling that right. And that's something that I don't do again. Earlier on in my career, I was a compromiser, man. I remember I was in the We was in the New Orleans airport Man Fenner ready to go to Dallas during the the I forget WHOI Turry Kane was coming to New Orleans. It's my first year with Sean Payne and it was fans in the airport because we had to take a commercial flight.
Speaker 2: Uh. And Sean was like, it was some fans.
Speaker 3: That was like James ain't signed this whatever, And Sean was like, you don't have to sign that like stop trying to kiss babies and stuff.
Speaker 2: You don't have to be a politician.
Speaker 3: Who said Champagne, like, you don't have to be a politician, man like you just gotta win games for us and play football good and like. That was the first coach that was like telling me that. You know what I'm saying, that was speaking like James, you don't got to be this like. You just gotta win games. And that's pro why I had some of my best years with him because he was that He was that stern, charismatic uh leader in the locker room for me, I didn't have to I didn't have to do the rob rob speeches. I didn't have to come with the energy all the time because I had a head coach that was holding other people accountable throughout the whole building. I'm not, you know, short changing in my head coach. I'm fortunate to get coached by any of these head coaches. I had a great relationship with Lovey Smith. They got fired on my birthday, you know what I'm saying. I had a great relationship with Dirk Coder, but me and him bang his you know, I thought it was a picture perfect matchup when Bruce Arians had came yep.
Speaker 2: But I'm a man of belief.
Speaker 3: I'm a man of faith, and when I go in any situation, no matter if it's a positive situation or negative situation.
Speaker 2: I believe that I will endure, be resilient, and come out strong.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the first five years of your career. Rookie year, you passed for four thousand and forty two yards. Second year four thou ninety yards. Third year, thirty five hundred yards.
Speaker 2: You got hurt.
Speaker 1: You got hurt, you played thirteen games. Fourth year you only played eleven games. Start at nine. You passed for twenty nine hundred yards. That fifth year you played all sixteen games through for fivey one hundred and nine yards.
Speaker 4: That was the year that thirty interceptions.
Speaker 1: When you look at what you did at the earlier part of your career to where you are now, and you think about the NFL teams that are out there. You asked, say Kwon Barker the other day, did you know if anybody looking for a job, was John's looking for a quarterback? You're looking for a job right now. Is there an ideal place that you want to be or are you of the mindset that there are many teams in the NFL that you believe you can help.
Speaker 3: I know I can help every team in the NFL because I know I'm one of the best thirty two quarterbacks in this country, in this world. I just know that about myself, and I watch it, I see other people play. I just think, I know that I have to prove it to folks. Prove it to these coaches, Prove it to these owners, Prove to these gms that they can trust me with the most important thing that the football encompasses is the football.
Speaker 1: But you've been in the game long enough to know as a quarterback there's certain systems that work better for quarterbacks than others. So what I'm asking is, as you look at the NFL landscape right there and you see what's lacking in a multitude of areas around the NFL, is there specific locations that stand out in your mind where you find yourself saying I could do damage there, I could do damage there, I could do damage there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, you assess the team, right, how does the office line look, how does run support look?
Speaker 2: What are the weapons are around? Is? Do I have a good defense?
Speaker 3: Do I not have a good defense, and I said it from there. But like I said, man, like, I'm not in this business of like I need you to make this dream come true for me.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm in the business like. Man.
Speaker 3: Look, man, I know what I got to fix. I know how I got to fix it. And it's one thing. It's been one thing in my career that people can look at and say, like, hey, man, this man got to fix this. If he can fix this, man, he'll be with the rest of us. And that one thing is winning. It's not necessarily turnovers. I put so much thought energy on these turnals. I can't do this. I can't do this. I cannot make negative plays and consistently win. So therefore I have to eliminate the negative plays. I cannot have pre snop penalties. Leader team that have pre snop penalties and be off size all the time and consistently win. There are things that teams do like you know as well as I do. If you look at the playoffs this year, the NFL playoffs, these teams that lost. Man as sick and they's sick because they lost the game. The other team had no part in them losing that game. When people are just just like fumbling snaps in foment of offense, when people are just they drop ball and nobody's around them, Like, those are things that happen in this foot like someone Sometimes some stuff is uncontrollable. But when you are in those moments, especially at the quarterback position, man, we have to be the best when that time comes, and I haven't consistently been the best when that time comes in terms of protecting football, but especially winning game.
Speaker 1: Apologize if this question is uncomfortable for you, but it's necessary to ask. You have Miles Garrett just ask to be traded out of Cleveland. Do you think he's justified in that request and do you believe whether it's you, it's to Shawn Watson on anybody else, has anything to do with him requesting that request.
Speaker 3: Well, first I have to talk to Miles and just to get his perspective on actioning for a trade. But I see the work that he puts in day in and day out, and I know the way.
Speaker 2: His career is now. He will go down.
Speaker 3: It's one of the greatest defensive ends all time, and he has done that with the Cleveland Browns. So obviously the organization hasn't been detrimental to him. But I understand the importance of winning. Man, I'm in the same phase. Like, I've had two winning seasons my entire career, one of them being well three, one of them being with Drew Brees, one of them being at Tampa Bay, and the other one I had a win season before I got hurt. Like outside of that, Man, out of ten years, only three, you know, So I know what it is like when your.
Speaker 2: Team is losing and you are one of the captains.
Speaker 3: You are the focal point of this entire franchise and all of that falls on you, and you look at it like, man, I'm not no loser, but while we why are we losing? But he was like, it has to be something else, It has to be something deeper. It has to be rooted in the culture, in the city or whatever for the reason that we're losing.
Speaker 1: Four fifteen of the league's thirty two starting quarterbacks were black, which was the most in a single week in NFL history. There are more black NFL quarterbacks in the league now than ever before. Your thoughts on how the position has evolved since your time arriving in.
Speaker 3: This league, Yeah, I think the position has evolved because it has evolved into what we can do best, and that s extent, plays with our legs and beat people on our own when we have to.
Speaker 2: I think so again.
Speaker 3: Growing up in Alabama, man, you were frowned upun Like, oh, he's just an athlete if he runs a sub for six, you know, if he scrambles and if I scramble in the game.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's just an athlete. He can't play quarterback.
Speaker 3: The quarterback position was defined as like someone who can lead, lead the team, who's able to get all the troops together and they follow him, right, But when it came to us, it started that that wasn't the case. Like they're not able to lead, you know, they just can win with their legs. So I'm so grateful for the people like Michael Vick, cam Newton, people in my generation that were paving away Donovan McNabb, they were paving away for me consistently, Steve McNair. But it's even more because if you look at the old Grace, the Doug Williams, the Warren Moons, the James Shaq Harris's, these people were they were doing it in the pocket right, and they try to they try to neglect those people when Warren Moon is still the only African American quarterbacks in the Hall of Fame, right, and he had to go to Canada first.
Speaker 2: He came into the NFL.
Speaker 3: So we have always been present, But I think now with the advancement of these offensive minds who aren't looking at guys and judging guys like can they fit in my offense? Like what am I gonna be to do? When I came in the league, it was it was pretty much that it was. It was like, is he gonna be able to run my offense to my liking? But now you see it with Jayde Daniels. Why has he had the most iconic rookie year that we have seen is because Cliff Queensberry he comes from that college system and he implements this for Jaalen. So for Jayden, now it goes from like, oh, you got to learn and pray, but you gotta learn all the terminology, you got to do all this stuff. No, Jayden, Hey, what do you do best? I senior college fan from Arizona, A senior college fan from LSU. I see that you do these things best? Why don't we go and grab that and bring it to do you feel you've.
Speaker 1: Had anybody like that for you in your NFL career.
Speaker 3: I feel like that every time you have offensive coordinator, you are called to be collaborative with that coach, and I think in my instance, I was always proven to my officsive coordinators that I can be a guy that they can trust, and I never got to that extra mile of being able to collaborate with my offensive coordinators. When Byron Leftwich came in and I had Clyde Christian like, I was a little bit more collaborative. I feel like Derk Cruter is one of the best offensive coordinators that I've had in terms of his preparation, in tern of his strategy. But I feel like me and him really didn't see out of eye, whether it was my personality or with his personality, so we didn't really have collaborative things. I just executed his offense to the best of my abilities. Now, when I got with Sean, he was coming from Drew Brees, so he was like, hey, man, you'd have proved me one that you can play quarterback at a high level, and two you gotta show.
Speaker 2: Me that you're gonna win football games. I did that with him.
Speaker 3: Then I got hurt, and then the rest of history, Dennis Allen became my head coach and he ain't ever believed me anyway.
Speaker 2: So uh.
Speaker 3: And then when I got to Cleveland, man the same thing, Like I go to Cleveland because cam Stefanski just won eleven games with five different quarterbacks. And then when Dashawn get hurt, he called me off and say, I ain't calling the plays no more. I'm about to give it to Ken Dorsey. And I was just like, Okay, well, I'm gonna compete, I'm gonna do whatever.
Speaker 2: But you wish he had kept calling playing man absolutely.
Speaker 3: And I shared this. I shared this with him. I was like, coach, like, man, coach, Ken just got here right, and we brought him in for Dashaun, Like here's for the Shawn. I came here for you, right because I saw what you have doing. I wished your offense. I've seen quarterbacks be efficient, like I'm talking about Kirk Cousins. Baker Mayfield had some of his best years with Kevin Stefanski early on, like he took the Browns to the playoffs, Like seeing Joe Flako come in and light it up last year. You know, obviously he's a Super Bowl winning quarterback. But even like shout out to my thought.
Speaker 2: P J.
Speaker 3: Walker led the team to beat the San Francisco forty nine ers last year like this, These are things that I know. He's a great head coach. He's the two time coach of the Year. And then when stuck hit the fan. Now it's like, I gotta do what's best for me. And I think that's the thing where I have to start getting into that space where like, man, I have to start focusing on what's best for me and stop exordining all my energy into trying.
Speaker 2: To look out for other people's best interests.
Speaker 1: So if you do that, and that involves picking another team in the National Football League, what message you would you like to send to an NFL team that's looking for a quarterback right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the message I would like to say for any NFL team is like, I'm willing and able to win.
Speaker 2: I understand the importance of LAS security.
Speaker 3: I know this first and foremost, man, But if you looking for somebody that has the winning in their DNA, if you look at somebody that they can really rally the troops and get people to fight, not from just a bullian standpoint, but from an inspirational standpoint and from an action standpoint. I let my actions speak I lead by example. I'm the first one in the building, I'm the last one to leave. My preparation is unmatched. So I'm willing and able to do whatever it is required to be a super Bowl winning quarterback. But what that does, that requires trust. That trust has to be earned. But I want someone to actually give me a chance, give me a chance to dedicate their time and energy into Like, man, how can we make how can we allow this guy to be his best?
Speaker 1: Talking about somebody, let me interrupt in interpret.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry to interrupt you.
Speaker 1: You're basically talking about somebody that looks at you and says, look, I'm gonna give.
Speaker 4: You a fair shot. I actually believe in you.
Speaker 1: Not somebody that settles for you, not somebody that tolerate because of whatever circumstances. It somebody that looks at you, and you know by looking at them, they believe in me.
Speaker 4: I got to show up and produce for them.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 4: That's basically what you say.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's based on what I'm saying, like, hey, hey man, Like okay, you my guy, I'm gonna give you an opportunity to be my guy. Let's surround you with everything that you require, right, and let's involve you in that process. Right, Let's go back and look at your top ten concepts. Right, let's make sure that those are in. Right, Let's go back and see, like, do are you how you extend plays? Like what type of receivers have you had success with? And let's let's put that together and then'm gonna get your shot.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: If you screw that up, now we have a reason to go ahead, wipe our hands with you and then let you go. But man, I just to think the accessory that I am to a locker room in general, it's contagious. Man Like when you look at how our Brown's locker room was. Man Like, I'm a solution oriented guy. Like when you are in going through the length of a season, you're losing, like that is a recipe of disaster. People start looking the clock out. But when you have someone like me and on the team like we not's it's not it's not that because we're all in and it's a certain standard because we get paid to do this, no matter if we're going out there and lose it, no matter we're going out there and winning. We get paid to give an I best, and I want to be more on the winning side than that losing side. Man, I'm tired of it.
Speaker 1: We'll let you get on out there because I know you got to go, and I really appreciate your time, Man, really thank you to thank you for being here. You get a chance to watch any college football man. I did cam Ward Shador Sanders.
Speaker 3: Who you going with, Man, I'm a big fan of Shader. I'm a huge fan of Shaduer just because over the course of his life we watched his kids show up and show out.
Speaker 2: Man. I remember when when Prime when d I had.
Speaker 3: A show showing their high school football team, so we saw him, man, And I think in today's NFL, you have to have a quarterback that is poised in all circumstances and it has dealt with some type of adversity. I think when Shador came out in real life, like, Man, I'm not getting the opportunities that I want in a college football ram. So I'm gonna listen to my father's advice. I'm gonna go to an HBCU. I'm gonna develop a platform there and then grow my way up into someone wanting me and then now I'm gonna go to Colorado, a place where you know, known like Cordair's Steward and people like that. I'm gonna go to this place where people are gonna be like, oh, you can't have success.
Speaker 2: They're like, how you're gonna go to Colorado?
Speaker 4: I got you.
Speaker 1: But the problem with him is his arm strengthen is considered as big as cam Ward. He can't run like cam Ward can run. And you just finished talking about coming out of Alabama, what you what your gift was? But how they wanted to encourage you know, they want to courage you to run it. You want to show that you could throw. Well, now we're playing in an NFL. They want you to run. They want you to show you can run. Plus they want that arm strength and Sha Door saying is who's poise? I love and I love his moxie, and I love what he brings to the table. I can't ignore that advantage cam Ward has.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, the intangibles are the intangibles. But let's go back to like what does he do great?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: He throws great on rhythm. He's a very accurate quarterback. Talk about Shoud It's great in rhythm, he's a very accurate quarterback. So how about you go with hey, coaches, officer coordinators, a couple officive coordinators that.
Speaker 2: Don't require a superstar quarterback. Some of them might be in the NFC.
Speaker 3: They don't require that, and they develop a scheme around them to get the ball out on They get the ball out of their quarterbacks hands on time. They don't put their quarterback in high pressing situations because they have a good running game, and they escort their quarterback all the way up to NFC, I mean to championship games and then they show, now, quarterback, you're on this big stage, can you make a play for us when it matters most? And I think Shador has more intangibles than a lot of other guys, Like not everybody can throw the ball eighty rs. Not everybody has a cannon, but we've got guys in this league and guys that have had successansly. I look at it from like this Drew Brees, who was electric, Like I grew up watching Drew Brees from nine to eight. Team eighteen was the last year where he really was stretching the ball down the field vertically in picking people apart with his arm strength and then as I continue to watch Family and Drew Brees, he started just doing with his mind and I think should do it. Is far ahead of a lot of quarterbacks, especially mentally, like he trained, He's trained with Tom Brady. He has surrounded himself with guys that does the job the right way. So I know he has the mental makeup of a quarterback in this league right now despite his limitations. I know his work Anthic, I know his daddy. His daddy is all of our favorite to sound athlete like of all time. So I know the preparation that he's gonna put in in just the pedigree that he comes from, that he's not gonna get to this league and be slight or not give everything because he got a name to live up to ken Water On Man, he's very talented.
Speaker 2: I think he's done a lot of good stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know his makeup. I haven't studied more. I haven't seen him right. I saw him do his thing in Washington State. I saw him come down to Miami and obviously ball. But I think in today's world you have to see quarterbacks that have went through adversity. I think that's one thing that the nil in college football allows you to see with these quarterbacks. When you look at Bow, Knicks and Jane Daniels from last year, Bow had to be told like because he from Alabama. Bow had to be told bo, I mean, I know you Alabama's greatest, but man, you have to go somewhere else to show us that you really got to play. Because at Alabama, like he was, they counted them out like he he not there for us. He went through that adversity, went to Oregon, stood out and came look at Michael Pennix. Michael Pennix, they out of years old. Man, he has some acl acl injury injuries he had overcome.
Speaker 2: Man. He was at Indiana and he didn't do nothing.
Speaker 3: Indiana went to Washington showed them, Man, I came through adversity now, man, like this guy looking like for you Steve McNab back then and Jaden Daniels. Man, I had the opportunity to sit with Ryan Clark and his son was Jaden's teammate and Arizona State and to hear the stories of how those his teammates now on the State was throwing stuff out his locker. He went to LSU talking about he ain't gonna be nothing. He ain't gonna be that, and then him to go to LSU after knowing that adversity because he's a West Coast kid to win that Heisman Trophy and to come and have one of the most historic years in the NFL. It is required for you to have some type of adversion because you coming in the league at twenty four, twenty five, twenty six. These days, it's required for you to have to go through some type of adversity so we don't have to go through the growing pains if we do choose you to be our quarterback early on in this process.
Speaker 1: For I'll let you get on out of here. I'd be remissing neglected to bring up the Super Bowl because I know you gotta go Philadelphia Eagles Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Who's gonna win this game? And what is it gonna take to win this game?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not gonna get you a pick on who is gonna win this game, but I'm a person about the trenches man. Henna City has one of the most dominant defensive linement in this league, and Chris Jones and he lines up all over the place, So they're gonna be trying to find different ways to get him matched up against any Eagles offensive line because it's a blick it's a brick wall up front. Let's just be really and seepect God. He does the great job of designing pressures to attack saft spots of the Eagles offensive line, but their main focus is gonna be to eliminate Saquon Barkley from getting to the second level. And I think not Cleveland, but the Kansas City's defensive line with where Chris Jones has the opportunity to wreck an offense by the offensive coordinator just call him the play and they not knowing what ninety five is gonna be. So it's gonna be a few players where he's just gonna make plays because he had he's miss It's a mismatch.
Speaker 2: Well, on the other side.
Speaker 3: Jalen Caller, he primarily lines up on the right side and with Cree humph and Tray Smith, who is looking for that big payday. He gonna have to show up and show out and show that he can consistently beat Jalen Carter because he's gonna line up on the right side.
Speaker 2: The Eagles are simple that you know what they're gonna be in.
Speaker 3: You know what the players are gonna line up is just about out execute their team.
Speaker 2: It's gonna start with the trenches. It's gonna finish with the trenches.
Speaker 3: If the Eagles dominate the line of scrimmage and win the point of attack, they will win this game. If Kansas City continues to do it because they find a way to win every single game, if it's a high scoring game or a low scoring game. We know if it comes down to the crush, Kansas City has a magical formula to win close games when it matters.
Speaker 2: Smokes.
Speaker 1: You know you said you are a winder. You didn't know anything about losing until you got to the NFL. I think it's appropriate to bring this up. Thank you for being on the show. Former Heisman Trophy winner. Thank you form a national champion. We need to remember that the one and know only jameis Winston right here with Steven. I appreciate you man, all the best to you, and I hope you land someplace with an offensive line.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, thank you, Good lord.
Speaker 4: Have mercy.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter what you could do if you don't have an offensive line.
Speaker 2: James don't go any place there. They don't have an offensive line, just don't got, Just don't got.
Speaker 3: That's why I told you. It's about it's about the scheme. It's about who we got. Yes, sir, thank you.