Speaker 1: Kendrick J. Cole somebody.
Speaker 2: Well, they have massive machines behind them. Now, if we're talking this talk, let's get into it.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: But in addition to that talent, we know that in hip hop, talent ain't enough three words rap your reality.
Speaker 1: But what if you're King Vaughn, What's what's what's your thoughts on King Man Man?
Speaker 4: But do you think in two thousand and anything that Master P possesses the ability to stand next to an artist and really turn them up in a way like a Yogatti, a QCP of of any one of these other execs, even a baby, a Lil Wayne or Doctor Drake.
Speaker 5: Anything can happen.
Speaker 2: So that's no, I'm wondering master P was Coach K and q QCP all in one.
Speaker 4: No, he definitely was. I haven't seen P invest in that way. We're talking about q CP K history. We're gonna talk about it. We're talking about q we finl we literally finlah go, QCP coach K, verse P master P right right now, right P was working with the company's money at that at a point his overhead was low and he got popping. I'm talking about willingness to invest in an artist I don't think master P can hold a candle to Coach k and QCP A U.
Speaker 5: A A you crazy?
Speaker 1: Is God blessed the dead? Was signed to them? He from New Orleans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he wasn't one of those guys and he was early well, master P wasn't cherry picking. If you were signing to master P, you were getting a house and no ownership. In addition, and no ownerships in your name. You're wrong ownership of the music. I make ten million off y'all. I mean, got your two hundred thousand dollars house. That ain't talking business to nobody like me? Right, were talking percentages? We talk and that's why I'm telling you investment.
Speaker 5: This would make people uncomfortable about master P.
Speaker 2: He was Jay Z and Damn Dash in one. He was l Cool J and Russell Simmons in one. He was a little baby and QCP in one. And people just can't fathom that.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: Tell me, you mean Coach KMP baby did the same thing. Baby was like, Baby was the better version of P. So did baby not sit there? I can put P, and I can put P and Coach and Slim and Baby to death exactly.
Speaker 4: Old Loan look Okay, okay is up there and stuck that n when it's up there, Man, it's stuck there.
Speaker 3: Shut up. Well, let's take a break from the show.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks, the number one daily fantasy sports app in North America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said that, I'm it's on the floor. Get it. It's on the.
Speaker 4: Floid, Prize Picks. Get it. It's on the floorid Prize Picks. Let me explain something to you. They turning ten dollars into a thousand dollars a prize Peak. You use my code iu TP and you a new sign up. Man, guess what we shoot something to you? Put something on the name not the game, and put something in your bank. Youd me, Man, listen, pick up when I'm putting down. In this episode that brought to you by Prize Pigs. All you gotta do is test your skills. You ran with Steph Curry. Put yours on Steph Curry, You run with Lebron, Put yours on le Bron. You ran with say kon Barkley, put yours on. Yeah, that's how it go. Kine Clog, put yours on, right, And if you support me this video, this episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. Do yourself a favor. Sign up right now Prize pigs dot com.
Speaker 3: Use my code IU.
Speaker 4: T P ain't nothing bigger than this airplane.
Speaker 3: It's up there. Let's get back to the show.
Speaker 2: The plantation looks like us being so desperate for validation that we sit here and say our form of communication, which is rapping and consuming rap, is something that's gonna lead to our degradation.
Speaker 5: You feel me, that's it?
Speaker 4: Tell me, tell me tell me your because because you went through a level of desperation. Yeah, tell me what makes yours different than what the culture is in right now?
Speaker 5: Because I knew my foundation.
Speaker 2: Mmm, because I knew my foundation when that story that I did, I tell about the dude that was like, I'll manage you, but he wanted me to, you know, be a part of some homosexual stuff.
Speaker 5: Nah, man, I'm cool.
Speaker 2: I got to for the tool to be like no, because now you're asking me to go against my foundation. I will come ride out here, out of town, out of state, you know, in the old Honda chord, to come and meet with you and hang around all day waiting to get a little bit of your time to try to get you to want to work with me, I will do all that.
Speaker 1: I'm cool with.
Speaker 4: Pure's the trust in God though, because if I trust God, well, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: If you trust God, you're not going network with people. No, I'm not gonna sit somewhere for a little bit of his time.
Speaker 5: Oh man.
Speaker 4: I mean because I believe God to open doors, right, So if I say, Yo, God gonna open door Yo you yo, I'm gonna be humble.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna be arrogant about it. But if I'm.
Speaker 2: Putting when I say sitting here for a little bit of your town just to give kind It was a video shoot, right, so I drove out of state, so it's really like, Yo, we're shooting this video. D. I'm down to meet with you, but I'm overseeing it. That makes sense, ye, So so that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I ain't never been a person that's been that desperate that it's like they're doing D bad but he want it.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But you gotta make you gotta be careful that it doesn't because again, when Joe Budden, Jim Jones, Rick Ross meet me or here, you say we can do better. D D but I want to meet with you. That's when it gets okay. That's when they say, yo, it might be something else to that, because when you hear, when you hear, what I would say would be the correct thing to do is to say, here's the issue, here's the solution. If you guys love the culture, adopt that solution. So I came up with the solution.
Speaker 2: And one way that I'm organizing and galvanizing everybody is something I created called the Platinum Pledge. The platinum pledge. You know, in the music industry, platinum is high level, highest level. So I turn a platinum into an acronym people leading a transformation involving newly unified mindsets.
Speaker 1: Feel me.
Speaker 2: The Platinum Pledge is me sitting here saying, everybody that's down with this, you heard me, put your giant handcock on this.
Speaker 5: Sign this right here.
Speaker 2: The Platinum Pledge simply says that we come together and say that we vow not to create, support, or promote music that is glorifying keyword glorifying murder, drug dealing and drug usage, disrespecting women, and sexual irresponsibility. If somebody rocking with that man, sign a platinum pledge right here, now we are forming a community. We all coming together because it's so many of us, but we've become a silent majority because it's been seen as like you're uncool if you're not participating in this or making this music or whatever.
Speaker 5: So now I was like, nah, bro, y'all not.
Speaker 2: Gonna mentally trick us to thinking were wrong for advocating for what's right. So the Platinum Pledge has been bringing thousands of people together. D one music dot com slash Platinum Pledge. It's in my Instagram bio bro, all these thousands of people that have been signed this already. Then I come together and say, well, what am I gonna do now that I'm forming this massive community.
Speaker 5: I go to my hometown. My hometown was divided.
Speaker 2: Man, we don't know everybody know D One. You know everybody knows D been grinding for years. We were solid, yeah, solid, But now d speaking out against stuff. And now you got some people you know in the city who I don't know if I feel like he what about this the right way?
Speaker 5: Or I don't know if I agree with the message.
Speaker 1: Cool, you know what? You know what My solution all that is, that's all.
Speaker 5: I sit down, the break bread. That's just my style. And let's sit down. So what I did. I went back home.
Speaker 1: You heard me during Christmas break.
Speaker 2: Had one hundred rappers together, dog, a hundred of us rappers only. We don't want nobody else. If you're a rapper, may get your buttery here. Man, we about to sit down and chop it up. Let's agree, let's disagree, let's cry, let's let's fight, let's argue. Let's come to some solutions to understand each other better. Because through doing that and that type of communication is healing for everyone. Because no matter what y'all think, I might be this certain type of rapper, you might be a different type of rapper, but we are all on the same team ultimately, bro, And that's what I'm on right now.
Speaker 5: So when you talk solutions, I'm not just a contrarian.
Speaker 2: That's just like I like to just stir up a mess.
Speaker 5: No, bro.
Speaker 4: It's like, but if I'm Rick Ross and I'm running and I'm a nigga just bought a thirty million dollar crib, I got a fifty million dollar spot, got all this going on, I got teams around me, And I don't mean that this money makes me better than you, but it makes me busy. It makes me someone that has a very tight schedule. Again, I'm saying the solution that doesn't involve D one. That's why I keep saying that people gonna think about self interest because everything has to involve D one for it to be fixed.
Speaker 2: So, if people want to minimize everything that I've been standing on and representing for the last fifteen years, through the music I'm making, through the movement that I'm creating, through the interactions that I'm having, if people want to try to minimize that to well, because he said let's all sit down, that means that he wants something to be in it for him.
Speaker 5: If people want.
Speaker 4: To bro that's clearly what Joe is saying. Because Joe is saying, Yo, I see through that.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 4: You're cloud chasing cool and you're using the God thing. It's a cloud chase going on, Like you calling these dudes names?
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 4: Why won't you call out GTA six call of duty? Why don't you go of in the gaming world, right, why don't you go because there's other places that's tearing down kids as well.
Speaker 2: But I'm not a gamer. I'm a rapper, so I'm gonna talk about the dusty why not. I'm most closely associated with.
Speaker 5: Why don't call me a gospel rapper?
Speaker 2: But then when I say, what's the point of writing all of these lyrics? If I'm rapping to an audience that ain't trying to hear it. They'd rather me blow a bag than rap about building wealth. They'd rather me get some brain than rap about mental health. Don't sense to me. Eventually, try to make sense to me. I don't need your dollars. I need you to think sensibly. You feel good now that you're vegan, that's funny. If you still promoting garbage, you just a healthy dummy. My city don't even love me. I'm calling it how it is. I'm a threat to the power structure. That's brain washing our kids. I'm fracturing all the egos of illegitimate.
Speaker 3: He rolls.
Speaker 1: I only look up to one man because he died.
Speaker 5: Then he rolls.
Speaker 2: I keep it too real because life don't last too long. If everybody likes me, I'm doing something too wrong. Maybe in time they'll appreciate my words like nipsey till then I'm gonna see how far keeping it real gives me.
Speaker 1: That's dope.
Speaker 5: I forget that, man, that's dope.
Speaker 4: You know, I respect you and you got a beautiful message, a beautiful spirit. I can fit right, got a lot of respect for you and what you speak.
Speaker 1: And that was that's that was just dope. Is that something you that's your things? That's me?
Speaker 2: And got a song it's called It's called people don't want that real remix. That's my verse off of the song that's dope. Yeah, that's all shout out lead though too. Yeah, Like that's and that's the tip of the iceberg. So it'd be like it's a big world, right, It's a big world.
Speaker 1: But let's deal with why not gospel rap?
Speaker 5: Why not gospel?
Speaker 4: Like why be in the studio with Boollsee or Kevin Gates, or why not be in the studio with a gospel artists or bring them in a studio with.
Speaker 1: Some other because could you bridge the gap from gospel?
Speaker 4: Could it be more effective if you were in gospel than trying to come into the trap world and say clean this up, get that over there, do that over here.
Speaker 2: Brother, you know I do it all well, you might not know. And that's why I'm here for communication, because that's going to lead to the elevator. Ser Brother, I'm performing at churches, nine stop round the clock at churches, Brother, at churches, at church conferences in your city, I'm performing at churches. I'll be back out here in June performing at a homest conference at a church.
Speaker 1: And I want you to come. I'm gonna come. I'm gonna come and like that, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna be that what were talking about right now, That's what all this is fun. It's because God made me a bridge. You heard me all that He clout your man, forget all that, man, It's about being a bridge. So just like I'm performing in a church, I'm also teaching at a college, and I'm also performing at a club, and I'm also collaborating with people who are undoubtedly seen as gospel artists, but also people that's undoubtedly seen as street artists.
Speaker 5: And I'm the same me everywhere. That's the part. If I wasn't the same me everywhere, you heard me.
Speaker 4: And I believe that I saw you on so many different spots that you've been in the same individual man, Bro.
Speaker 5: So I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: That means more to me than anything because hopefully through that it makes you look view me through a lens to where it's like, man, I'm gonna really listen to a homie talking about musically but also just socially, because one thing about him is he's authentic. We might not always agree, but name me somebody who you always agree with.
Speaker 5: It don't exist, So don't try to hit me with that.
Speaker 2: But what it is is, bro like people have become comfortable because they got salaries, they got positions, they got a certain level of stature in this industry to where they feel like, if you are challenging the status quo, you are perceived as being a threat. So now I can't attack the message because ain't nothing wrong with saying we don't need to be glorifying the genocide of our own people. So I'm gonna attack the messengers. So I'm gonna look for a technicality.
Speaker 5: Well, D one, technically you had Kevin Gates on the song, and why would you do that?
Speaker 3: D one?
Speaker 2: Technically you said you wanted to sit down and meet with Jim Jones in person or Rick Ross in person. You must be trying to get on man. You could could you could have the technicalities. Meanwhile, I'm dealing with reality, man.
Speaker 1: But you but you can see how there's how they can feel that way.
Speaker 5: And that's fine, right.
Speaker 2: You've made me realize that I can see how someone could feel that way because we're used to so many cloud chasers in this industry especially.
Speaker 4: And I've been effective how I met a lot of people in this industry. It's just like coming on my platform, like Yo, this what's going on this week?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: That you know what he should do in that deal is da da da da. I ain't even reached out to him. I ain't said nothing of him post that it goes somewhere and that individual reached out to me, man, That's what I was going through.
Speaker 1: Like I remember when.
Speaker 4: The industry was getting on to Baby Meek and all of them about being around Michael Rubin, and I took a difference. I'm like, yo, but they billionaires and by me being around baby and we talk about like what deals, what y'all got going with Ruben and he telling me, now I'm learning this, I'm learning that.
Speaker 1: So I'm saying, no, we getting something from that. So my position was.
Speaker 4: Yo, man, how y'all know it ain't business, you know, And some of those guys reached out was like, yo, it's business for us.
Speaker 1: That's what we really are own.
Speaker 4: We don't know what he looked like, but we trying to figure out these tax loopholes were now making two three hundred million dollars. This is not no longer about hustling. This is about information at this point.
Speaker 2: And only in hip hop what they down you for wanting to be around people that's gonna help you become a better version of yourself.
Speaker 1: Only in hip hop, Bro.
Speaker 2: Man, that's toxic, and we gotta be able to point that out and say that ain't cool.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Whatever in the culture is toxic if we truly love it.
Speaker 2: If I'm spending the rest of my life in this culture because I love it so much. If I'm spending the rest of my life with my woman because I love her so much, I'm going to have to address the parts of her that say, boll I love you, but this aggravates me about you. I love you, But look how you be raising our kids and in some of the ways that you talk to them.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's best. Da da da.
Speaker 2: We gotta be able to do this, bro, And it's such a sensitive area, man, because people want to instantly cast you off as how dare you say something against it. There's two types of love, Loom, I don't ever want you to forget this, whether or not we ever talk again. There afirmative love, and there's transformative love. Affirmative love is man Loon getting active and attractive or whatever you say, lor and getting it in Loo and fresh lo articulate Loan a street dudes, so he didn't been an.
Speaker 5: Overcomer of obstacles.
Speaker 1: Da da da da.
Speaker 2: That's just affirmative love. I only want to build you up and pour into you.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. That's affirmative love.
Speaker 2: Transformative love is I love you so much, Loan that I'm gonna affirm you, and I'm gonna find a way to communicate to you the areas in which I'm like, Loan, you could do better in this area, brother, Like you could do better, like the sound right here, Like I get you another one of these from online to where it ain't gonna be swaying back. It's transformative love is I'm gonna affirm you and tell you what you could do better. The culture is so used to affirmative love because all we want to do is big up people to the point where now you can't even say that you thought Somebody album was.
Speaker 5: Whack no more. They're gonna be ready to be beefed out with you in the comments section.
Speaker 2: And when I'm coming with transformative love, which is like, bro, I clearly love this culture. I am of this culture. I clearly love it. But there are some areas that I want us to get better. So let's talk about it. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: But you're gonna have to be more specific when you I mean and when I don't mean that, because I agree with you again about the glorification of things that shouldn't be glorified. But I think the message got to be drilled down where we can really figure out who said, what's being said, what's leading to it.
Speaker 1: Like, there's more data. It's more data that I think needs to be given.
Speaker 5: More data that needs to be given.
Speaker 2: Word well, I do think that the data shows that music sticks with us longer than any other type of information we receive. I can't quote you a sermon from twenty years ago that I heard. I can't quote you a message from any of my teachers that they gave me. I can't tell you nothing that me and my grandma or my Grandpa rest in Peace talked about twenty years ago. You feel me, but I could wrap you some High Boys lyrics twenty years ago word for word, right, the fact that music is that sticky, that's all the information we need right there.
Speaker 4: Well, see what I mean is when you like, when you're on the campaign trail, right as far as like a politician, you're gonna hear them be very particular when they're in certain markets of thirty three percent of the people over here, twenty one percent of those individual you're gonna hear them drill this down so the common person can because it feels like that, what when you do that, it could come off as that's just to affect my business because you it's no solution next to it. There's no there's nothing next to it. But damn man, they are taking me now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the solution is three words, wrap your reality.
Speaker 1: But what if you're King Vaughn's what's what's your thoughts on King Man?
Speaker 2: Man? I hate I hate what happened to that brother. I absolutely hate that man. That pains me. That pains me. King Vaughan is a person who I wish that he would have had time to fully grow and mature into who God had ordained him to ultimately be. I wish Tupac had more time. I wish Biggie had more time. I wish sold just Slim had more time.
Speaker 5: You heard me?
Speaker 2: When I'm seeing these brothers, they all got one thing in common. They got killed in their twenties, you feel me. Twenties, bro, They didn't even get that shot and that opportunity. So that's the dangers of making certain type of music, consuming certain type of music. When it's like, well, we young, we all gonna make mistakes. Some people don't get a second chance from some mistakes that they making right now.
Speaker 4: So you think I mean death comes without music being involved. I would say the music is a contributor, could be, but you can die young.
Speaker 2: Music is simply an amplifier to what's already going on in life, right, That's all it is. So why not I used that amazing amplifier called hip hop music to amplify the type of change that we want to see.
Speaker 4: And some people are Why do you think you're not as big as Kendrick J.
Speaker 2: Cole somebody, Well, they have massive machines behind them. Now, if we're talking this talk, let's get into it yep. J Cole came out signed to Rock Nation. You have a jay Z co sign. You have a major label that's behind you pushing it. That's an A list artist co signing you. Kendrick comes out, he signed to Who Aftermath, Doctor Drake co sign and you got the top dog infrastructure, top dog entertainment infrastructure.
Speaker 1: Bro, can you go get me some of the drink from over? You want some drink? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Can you go over get too, drama, tell Gag bring get you two drinks right quick?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Or just can you run to the store right now? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Here, okay?
Speaker 2: Jake Cole, Kendrick, they both got amazing talent. Life change in talent, you know what I mean, generational talent. But in addition to that talent, we know that in hip hop talent ain't enough to make you successful in a massively, So in addition to the talent, having the infrastructure and the coast sign of an A list artist like a jay Z and a Doctor Drake that helps a whole lot.
Speaker 5: So you're getting massive resources pumped into you.
Speaker 2: And at the time that they came up, which we all around the same generation. At the time that they first came into the game. That was the era of that Coast sign was almost like a prerequisite to getting on. So you got Meek and Yle with Rick, you got Big Sean with Kanye West, you got draking Nicki Minaj with Lil Wayne. So for me, it was like, well, let me try to get that coat sign. I wanted to sign a TI real bad back then, real bad. I wanted to sign a TI you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: He was one of them ones. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: And I got this close.
Speaker 2: I ended up being managed by Grand Hustle, by his label, but at the time I was managed by them, Tip was locked up. Unfortunately he had caught that case right damn. So Jason Jeter was my manager rest.
Speaker 5: In peace Clay role manager.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I went on my first tour with them brothers.
Speaker 2: We're young, Drove would Killer Mike right, we were all we were all underneath Ground Hustle at the time.
Speaker 5: But Tip wasn't there.
Speaker 2: So I got the Grand Hustle brand, but I ain't got the man, you feel.
Speaker 5: Me, So it was like ah dang.
Speaker 2: So then after that that situation, you know, ran its course, and then it's like, all right, I got many fresh That's why I said, man In Fresh is my brother. You know what I mean because man In Fresh stood next to me at a time where it was like this dude, d one is a different lane than what New Orleans has ever seen. But I'm rocking with hom I've been man In Fresh in the auto zone and gave that ball my mixtape. He was with his little son at the time, had my cell phone number written on the mixtape. I was a college student, bro, and it took four years for Fresh to call me because after I met him, he ain't called me.
Speaker 5: But I got my weight up.
Speaker 1: I kept hustling, what and you kept the same number?
Speaker 5: Kept the same number. I still got that still got that same number.
Speaker 1: That's a hell of a thing, man.
Speaker 2: I think that's say something about somebody character to when it's like, oh, running.
Speaker 1: From you, you ain't dropping ditching them numbers.
Speaker 2: Yo, Man, I've been having the same number since since I was in high school. With that being said, Fresh saw me on MTV Jams and Fresh was like, that's the little dude from all those on He kept hustling, he never complained, and now I'm looking at him on TV.
Speaker 5: Fresh called me.
Speaker 2: I went out to Houston, got in the studio, with fresh we made a song called the One That Got Away. That was my first local hit song on the radio, mainstream rotation seven eight spins a day.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Q ninety three and one O two point nine for running that. So now all of a sudden, dang d one who kept winning Underground Artist of the Year in New Orleans three years in the row.
Speaker 5: But whoeverybody was.
Speaker 2: Like, but he a little different, you know what I'm saying, Like we don't know what to do with him, you know, that's what it is. It was nobody like, yeah, this is one of the ones. We got to get behind him right now. He didn't got itself on MTV jams, he didn't got with Grand Hustle toward the country with Grand Hustle fresh Coat signing, they got to hit song together. Oh shoot, D one clearly is a force to be recking with. But still nobody all the way was like we finder all the way, like take him. I was talking with YMC and B at the time, like I said, I always got to show love shout out to Slim specifically, you know, shout out the baby and Slim, But Slim Man Slim was like, man, you that dude, Bro, like I want to I want to help nurture that talent that you got right me and Slim talking Slim they gave me money before, like all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The thing.
Speaker 2: The thing was, though, Bro, I still wasn't getting the Lil Wayne coach signed.
Speaker 5: And I'm I'm a student of the game, as are you. I can tell. So I'm looking.
Speaker 2: I'm like the only people that's been succeeding over here, Drake, Nikki and Tiger, they all had Lil Wayne standing right next to them.
Speaker 5: You feel me.
Speaker 2: They got me and the YMCMB ecosystem right now, but I'm not getting Wayne Dwayne Michael Corley Jr.
Speaker 5: To come and stand right next to me.
Speaker 2: And Wayne, I was like that and that that's the missing link right now.
Speaker 5: And I didn't foresee that.
Speaker 4: But why why you think that was the case? Why Why didn't Tips stand next to you? Didn't Wayne did jail?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Tip was in jail, Okay, so that was universal that you had nothing to do with that. Why don't you think the Wayne embracement came the way it did for a Draken and Tyger?
Speaker 2: Great question because of no personal beefs at all. What I didn't recognize at the time, is oh Wayne and Baby's starting to So the business was in trouble and and and that was before it hit the public to where everybody knew like, oh man.
Speaker 4: Dude was really because he had money, man and all them and they gave it. They had to pay their way back out Sidria kid money.
Speaker 1: It was always cash.
Speaker 5: Money there you go.
Speaker 2: So at this time you got Baby and Slim that's forming their stable of artists that they're bringing in that Wayne personally ain't got no part of that.
Speaker 1: That's what it was there you go.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: So never got that that that co sign from an artist that was like a list, you know, which I feel like was really needed. So what I kept doing, I ain't stopped. I went on tour with Mackamore. That's when Mackilmore, the white boy out of Seattle had no here died.
Speaker 5: Man shout out to my dog Max, I rebuk with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do too, I do too respectfully, like I don't mean no harm by that.
Speaker 1: That's literally a mistake. But the guy name was.
Speaker 4: Overdose man mac Miller mac Miller's That's why I was so close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: As well.
Speaker 2: So me and Mackilemore going to it this one. He got that song thrift Shop, all right, biggest, biggest song in the world at the time, you heard me. And I'm sitting here like dang. This man asked me to come on tour with him. So then I'm on tour with Mackamore. Were going around the whole country together. Bro, I'm playing in front of thousands of people each night, and I'm sitting here like dang. I'm really all the way in the game right now. I'm racking up at the merch table. I'm sitting here really like I'm achieving stability financially from rapping for the first time. Because in rap, it's easy to get popular and hard to get paid.
Speaker 1: Write that down, man.
Speaker 2: So I was popular for about two or three years, but I was not getting paid. That Maclimore tour changed my life in that department.
Speaker 4: And so what we were talking about was why you think you didn't get the little Wayne embrace.
Speaker 5: So all this has happened. So I'm telling you, I don't think I ever spoke on this.
Speaker 2: So after the Macimore tours, I end up getting a call from RCA Records, right RCA, they got Chris Brown signed. They got acept Rocket except third they got USh Air at the time.
Speaker 5: Alicia Keys, g Eazy boot Hooo people. They called me. We work it out.
Speaker 2: I said, I'm gonna do this deal, cash money situation. I didn't end up doing that. Grand hustling materialized. I do the RCA deal with no cod sign from a big artist store. Right after I do the r c A deal, I mean, l A, guess who I meet Master P right from my city.
Speaker 5: Meet through mutual contact. Shout out to Jay Tweezy.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Juggie, But at the time, it was Jay Tweezy who introduced me to master P. Ja Tweezy is a real well known program director from the radio station.
Speaker 5: In Baton Rouge.
Speaker 2: I used to intern for him when I was in college. I did all this shit. I intern for Jimmy Henchman. Oh Man, right now, you know they got yeah man had issues fit them. Shout out to Jimmy Man. I was his intern. You know now that I got music with the Game, it's a full circle moment because I used to be on Game Street Team when I worked for Jimmy Henchman, and I mean.
Speaker 1: That's dope. But the and that shows that you have persevered. You wanted this. I did you want this?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 5: I did, Bro? I did so.
Speaker 2: When I met P I'll never forget. I was in Memphis, Tennessee at the time, and this was my girl at the time. It was her birthday, and I'm out there for her birthday and I get the call directly from P himself. I never met Pee up until this point, and he was like, look young and Tweezy told me about you and Da Da Da. I'm gonna be in New Orleans this weekend. I'm trying to meet up with you and me and my girl was going through it at the time already, and I was like, Boa, this is potentially a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to meet Pee.
Speaker 5: He is a legend where I come from. Like, I got to go back to New Orleans.
Speaker 2: And I knew that when I left from her birthday weekend in our time that we were spending together to go back to New Orleans. I knew that I had damaged our relationship beyond repair, you know what I mean. I just did believing because she just felt like, it's another example that you want this more than you want me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, what is a man that does not work or have gold was in ambitions? You know, It's unfortunate that someone will put that kind of pressure on someone to choose that over there.
Speaker 3: It was tough.
Speaker 1: It was tough.
Speaker 2: So I went to New Orleans and I ended up meeting with Pe Bro and P tells me everything that I was looking for. He was like, I want to be that co sign for you, similar to how Dre is for Kendrick Lamore, similar to how jay Z is for j Cole. He's literally speaking what I've been looking for. But I just signed with r C A literally Bro less than less than a month ago. I just signed with r C A So and P building his own thing at the time. This when he had Alley Boy Fat trail. He had, you know, a few artists from around the country that he was building his own stable, and I had just signed with r C A So. Me and Pee still cool to this day, but that was that that that situation didn't materialize in terms of that co sign. So at that point, I mean, I'm full fledging the game. I go on tour, I meet Lupe Fiasco, I go on tour with Lupe Fiasco. A few months later we tour in the country together. That felt like somebody that's closest to my lane that I'm in mentally and musically.
Speaker 5: And it's a real brotherhood.
Speaker 3: You heard me right?
Speaker 2: Like this watch that I wear did everybody everywhere I go people, Yeah, this watch fight Lupe gave me this the last day of the tour. I wear this watch every day symbolically. Yeah, it reminded me sleeping on the front of the tour bus loom. They didn't have a bunk for me. But when they came to New Orleans and I opened for him on tour, I killed the show, and Loupe was like.
Speaker 5: Man, I respect your hustle. Do you doing your thing? Come on, you wanna hop on the tour?
Speaker 1: But that's dope.
Speaker 3: We got.
Speaker 2: We gotta couch in the front of the bus and I thugged it out, sick and everything, but knowing like, man, this is what I.
Speaker 5: Prayed for, is these opportunities.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: So I got on the front of that bus and I went rocked every show. And now Lupe Fiasco is a professor at m I T and I'm a professor at TOLL. Five minutes apart from each other and we linked. We was Lincoln for his birthday a few days ago.
Speaker 5: That's my dude.
Speaker 1: That's that's dope.
Speaker 5: We got music together.
Speaker 1: Meet him and Big Cret.
Speaker 3: Yo. Let's take a break from the show.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks, the number one daily fantasy sports app in North America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said it, I minute. It's on the floor. Get it. It's on the floid, Prize Picks. Get it. It's on the floid. Prize Picks. Let me explain something to you.
Speaker 4: They turned ten dollars into a thousand dollars in Prize Pick.
Speaker 3: You use my code IUTP and you a new sign up.
Speaker 4: Man. Guess what we shoot something to you, put something on the name not the game, and put something in your bank.
Speaker 3: You and me.
Speaker 4: Man, listen, pick up when I'm putting down man. This episode that brought to you by Prize Pigs. All you gotta do is test your skills. You ran with Steph Curry, Put yours on, Steph Curry, You ran with Lebron, Put yours on Lebron.
Speaker 3: You ran with Sakoon Barkley, put yours on. Yeah, that's how it go.
Speaker 4: Caine Clark put yours on right and if you support me this video. This episode is brought to you by Prize Pigs. Do yourself or favor sign up right now Prize pigs dot com. Use my cold Iu t p ain't nothing bigger than this ad plane.
Speaker 5: It's up there.
Speaker 3: Let's get back to the show.
Speaker 1: I'm going baught football with these brother So when boys is some of the men in this game. If you said you're going bought for a ball.
Speaker 2: So with that being said at this point and loop A wasn't on something like yo, I want to sign you or you got to be my allist type of thing, but I started to realize these relationships are.
Speaker 5: Just forming organically.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 5: Currency, I ain't mentioned my brother Currency.
Speaker 2: We grew up across the street from each other, literally, so my house was in the Goose, but Currency where he lived at in the East. That's where my grandparents lived, literally across the street from my grandparents' crib bro.
Speaker 5: So I've been knowing.
Speaker 2: I've been knowing home since I was a little boy, and man, that was something that I always felt like like motivated me to feel like I could really do this, because when you know somebody and you grew up with them and you real close to them, and you seeing that they achieving success, you feel like, well, if he could do it, I feel like I could do it. So I'm seeing currents that make it in the game. That's motivating me even more to know, like, man, this rap stuff ain't just a dream. This is turning into my reality.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 2: I blink my eyes and it's like, all right, man, I've been in the game for about five years on my own. Now I'm making stable money and I'm seeing my brand and my fan base continue to expand. I stopped chasing the coat signe and I started just chasing an authentic relationship with the people that choose to believe in me. And that's why me and my fans so close and so tight, because it wasn't we just like you because you signed to this person.
Speaker 4: And that's that's why my podcast stands out, is because at first the people would always be like.
Speaker 1: Yo, loan we in for the guests, bro, like why you be?
Speaker 4: They didn't understand a lot of time the guests would literally request for loan break that down, like I want to talk to you about Like I remember the first time it did. It was with the Reds DeShawn, So I got into a scenario telling him about expenses and how the labels keep you in the red and the negative and certain fans because I was unknown, like who is this guy? Like why we want to hear the Reds. You fast forward to a year now, they are extremely happy with hearing my perception and perspective on things, and that is important as an artist to get that footprint in the market that's outside of someone else's because they can crash that out and you go dine with that. Michael Jordan was Michael Jordan without the Chicago jersey on, and so you got to make sure that you are who you are, regardless of what team you played for, regardless of what industry you're in, regardless of what beat your own, or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: You know that's facts, and my growth has been our So whenever someone asks why I'm not bigger or why I'm not on this level, I'm like, man, I wasn't even supposed to be here according to industry standards. Right, I'm in my fifteenth season in the league. You're heard in fifteenth season and still ascending. I'm about to go do breakfast club in a few days. I'm here with Loanan right now, Me and Starlito just dropped a banger last night in the studio, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Me and Project Pat got some heat coming.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: They don't even know this though, Me and right.
Speaker 1: Heat de Bong got some heat coming. I just dropped my album from the Hood to Harvard.
Speaker 2: And whether or not the person watching this has it currently, just know that that album has been massively successful.
Speaker 4: Right, And before we get to that the RCA thing, how do you continue to get these deals? Like, how do you get in position to continue to land these deals in this industry?
Speaker 2: Well, brother, favor ain't fair, and I have favor all over me, Like I'm the dude who people never understood why it is how they It's like God really got his hand on my life.
Speaker 5: That's why I always have to bring it back to speaking in terms of.
Speaker 2: Spiritual perspective, because I'm way more spiritual than I am political, way more spiritual than I am financial, way more spiritual than I am worldly. Right, Because anything political, financial, or worldly, I have seen how when you are on the same page as your heavenly father and your creator, those doors that typically have to open by way of gatekeepers can open by way of God.
Speaker 4: Right, and we're gonna get so we got gatekeepers RCA to get to. Here's something I wanted to ask you. Do you think master P has the ability to co sign an artist's great business man legend in the game, made a lot of money, laid the foundation for what we see now as independent industry, right with the dropping once a month, just so many different things he did. But do you think in two thousand and anything that Master P possesses the ability to stand next to an artist and really turn them up in a way like a Yogatti, a QCP of of any one of these other exects, even a baby, a Lil Wayne or doctor Dre.
Speaker 5: Anything can happen.
Speaker 1: So that's no. If you say anything, I'm looking for yes or no.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're looking for yes or no, yes or no and and and I want you to clarify because I'm not gonna just accept yo.
Speaker 5: If I'm saying anything can happen, that leans towards yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, Because I.
Speaker 5: Didn't know who P from QC was. I did not know who he was. I know he was No, No, I'm from New Orleans, brother. If I was Atlanta and didn't know.
Speaker 3: Who he was.
Speaker 1: But he is a. P is one of them names in his industry cut check cutters, like he's a he's one of them. Prior to QC, P was known in the industry. What year you're talking about, You didn't know P. I didn't know P.
Speaker 5: Like when Migos first came out, when Baby first came out, he was.
Speaker 1: The money man. Yeah, no he was. He was industry. He wasn't know but P turned all that up. But he came in, No, he can't.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: P didn't say, oh now we got a good one because Atlanta turned them up. He was a street nigga with connections in Atlanta.
Speaker 5: And Coach K turned them up.
Speaker 4: P and Coach, right, really, Coach is the nigga with the connections, and then that's why Pete went it got Coach.
Speaker 1: Let's be clear. Pete was a money, a street guy.
Speaker 4: Coach was the dude that managed Jez, he managed Gucci that's been in the industry forever.
Speaker 1: Those two together was just unstoppable.
Speaker 4: P understood you gotta spend money to make money, and Coach understood that this my second round and I'm one of them dudes. To know how to do business at a high level, and they made it work. So I'm saying that QCP or coach K by themselves didn't turn those artists up.
Speaker 1: It was the environment. It was the investment, right and.
Speaker 2: You And if I'm wondering that P was coach K and q QCP all in one, no, he definitely was.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen P invest in that way. Brown Empire got built, bro, No, No, it was. It was I believe no limit to be. He received an inheritance from his grandfather, of course, but I'm talking about a hundred million times and I believe that, and I watched that.
Speaker 4: But I'm telling you the investment of my own money to say, I ain't talking about even were talking about QCP.
Speaker 1: OK, We're gonna talk about it. We're talking about q We finished, We literally finish.
Speaker 4: Go QCP coach K verse P master piece right right now right, QCP coach K. When things were not profitable and it was a high overhead. So think about the Migos video. That wasn't a cheap video. When they did for Sachi video, they were actually going from the street spending whatever thirty forty grand on a video at a time Pe was working with the company's money at that at a point his overhead was low and he got popping. I'm talking about willingness to invest in an artist. I don't think master P can hold a candle to Coach K and QCP.
Speaker 2: A and you crazy. And this is why you crazy, master P. When you were signing the master P, you were getting a house in your name.
Speaker 4: You must not know who QCP and Coach K is. You know what they given, what they give, they given.
Speaker 1: Their greatness, God blessed dead was signed to them.
Speaker 5: He from New Orleans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he wasn't one of those guys and he was early well, master P wasn't Erry Picking. If you were signing to master P, you were getting a house and no ownership in addition, and no ownership is in your name, You're wrong. Ownership of the music what you mean? Everybody cried about P not paying their music.
Speaker 1: That's on QC.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: They got all got ownership in that music, okay, bro.
Speaker 5: So so that's why a few years ago Offset had had the issues.
Speaker 1: When it came to his contract. No, that was about a solo deal.
Speaker 4: You don't even about me that that QC artists on their own no, no, no, they have a percentage.
Speaker 1: They have interest in their masters. So I understand that.
Speaker 4: Most of those artist, especially the high earners, have interest in their masters.
Speaker 1: As it pertains, once you become a high ernald, we all go renegotiating.
Speaker 4: Nos P had high eernoerds. He made a lot of money off all those guys.
Speaker 2: Snoop Dogg looks up to Master P as a businessman to stay it without Master.
Speaker 1: P his career course.
Speaker 4: And I truly believe that he saved P from when Sugar was on P. As you say, sorry, when Sugar was on Snoop. When Sugar was on Snoop, ass P saved Snoop.
Speaker 1: That's what I meant.
Speaker 4: Snoop had issues on the West coast. P came in, Yo, we got you down here, Brose. They were they were damn there black balling and they were talking about hurting Snoop back then, you know what I'm saying. So that's what I mean, not that, not that Snoop saved P was the other way around. That's why Snoop is in debted.
Speaker 1: He loves P like that.
Speaker 4: It's like you say, you came and mess with me when it was dog. He got Dog on him. Man pocket died. It's thought man, it got dog.
Speaker 2: So P had to talk the industry talk and go hire Michael Jackson's lawyer just to get consultation services and go take the meetings with the labels, do a distribution deal with priority to where it's like, we gonna keep eighty five percent, y'all keep fifteen percent. P did that side, and P was bank rollo the whole No Limit Operations off set.
Speaker 4: May be the only person that has came out to say something about the label QC, and this was about a solo deal and they wouldn't even sign this solo axis.
Speaker 1: It was funny because what happens is.
Speaker 4: There's language in the contract that may or may not protect against certain things. And then now all of a sudden they want to be solo artists, so they gotta look into that.
Speaker 1: Whatever. There's been nobody sign.
Speaker 4: The QCP and coach k QC the label that says I didn't get paid, I don't got my money.
Speaker 1: He owed me money. Master P had a number of people coming out and he run off.
Speaker 4: With all the money and we done good. He got me a house, but I didn't get no music. So what happens is you know the game. In this trickery game, they'll get your house and you'll get nothing else. I make ten million off your eye and got your two hundred thousand dollars house. That ain't talking business to nobody like me right were talking percentages. We talk and that's why I'm telling you investment. I know Coach K and QCP is gonna envest. Little Yati had four or five bad years. He still got cars every year on Christmas his birthday, Still invested, still bought beat, still sent.
Speaker 1: Budgets, never never cut budgets.
Speaker 4: On them in the or anything. Let him find this way. Now, look at Yati. He's created at a at a level where he's profitable. But those guys are willing to invest in a way that I'm telling you. Master P wasn't unless you could tell me what investment did.
Speaker 3: He do to his art?
Speaker 5: And master piter Silk the Shaka Intel multi platinum artists.
Speaker 1: And the story and the story come on, man. Master P was like, look, I'm even investing. He didn't invest. No, what investment did Silk the Shaka get.
Speaker 2: Bro Silk was a multi platinum artist. C Murder multi platinum artists. Bro, this is something well, at least a platinum artist. Bro, this is something to where P was like, I see what I have been able to build, and I'm gonna use some of this equity that I've been able to build and make sure that I first of all put my brothers on look out for my actual family. Whether or not they're regarded as the best lyricists ever in the world, who cares. I'm gonna use what I do have these resources, I do have to invest in them, into them, Bro.
Speaker 1: That's powerful.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: You see QCP and Coach K do it over and over and over because they know the formula. So you, mister P in my P and I'm telling you he's a legend, lot of respect for peace. He ain't done it over and over.
Speaker 2: Snoop, mister Snooper snool, he built mystical all right, Silk the Shaka he was not then.
Speaker 1: He was nothing. You ever sold millions of record? No all right, exactly, so you.
Speaker 5: Can't sell Man.
Speaker 1: There's nothing who's sold millions the record.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, as it pertains to this business and what it takes to do that. He came in in an ideal time for Master P and No Limit Records.
Speaker 1: The aura around them dictated him to do that.
Speaker 5: Shout out to my man, mister serve On, mister serve On with platinum.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mister serv what are you saying when you say that, When I'm saying, I'm saying, that shows the power of what p being. No, no, no, no, absolutely no, that's market. That's market behavior.
Speaker 1: That's not that's market. That's just tomorrow at the time.
Speaker 5: Nah, that's not the market at the time.
Speaker 4: After Peter have a chokehold on rap at the time to where whatever he dropped was selling.
Speaker 1: He dropped once a month.
Speaker 5: That speaks to how powerful your brand was.
Speaker 1: That you building. But and he built it on his own. No, he didn't build it.
Speaker 4: He didn't build it by investing, though he built it by he built it by consistency and dropping music. I'm telling you that CEO he built his label like artists P and Coach K built their label, like CEOs P built his artists built it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you, so he built here is like he was a artist, right, That's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: So his his his his thought process of his To me, when I look at No Limit, I don't see the investment in the artists like I see for a coach k and a Pe, whether it be beats, whether it be placements.
Speaker 1: Here there them no limit. Dudes didn't do nothing outside.
Speaker 5: Around bro, y'all gotta stop sleeping on.
Speaker 2: Well, he did do movies, Dad Lee, and not just not just movies that nobody knows, movies that did real number he did.
Speaker 1: He put them in movies. But the investment in artists I don't know. I still don't think he did.
Speaker 5: Tell me, Lord, this will make people uncomfortable about Master P.
Speaker 2: He was Jay Z and Damn Dash in one. He was l Cool J and Russell Simmons in one. He was little Baby and QCP in one. And people just can't fathom that.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 6: Tell me, you mean coach KMP and bail me how baby did the same thing? Baby was like, No, Baby was the better version of P. So did baby not sit there?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 1: I can put P, and I can put Pe and Coach and Slim and.
Speaker 4: Baby because they understand investing in artists. I'm telling you P has not done this again because he does not understand the formula.
Speaker 1: Hold on the whole done it again?
Speaker 2: Pub Bro, That's like saying that because you haven't had a hit song or hit artist lately that you got lucky the first time.
Speaker 1: You don't get lucky. You don't luck your way to.
Speaker 5: Four hundred million.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't lucky.
Speaker 5: It was it's seventy five million.
Speaker 4: It was you was a benefactor of the industry, right and also a king hustler and a and a great business man. But I'm telling you that there's a formula as a CEO to to pour into an artist. There's a formula that you think is just a co sign that you be talking about. Will you be saying, man, that co sign from that artist. It's more that goes into that behind the scenes that I think P doesn't possess at this time. I think at that point when he was birthing those artists, it didn't required that investment that it requires now because of an oversaturated market. I think that he was able to throw jet serve on, come on serve on yo, feya who anybody around here? Yo? That's what I'm thinking he doing with Coach km P. It is meticulous, it's playing out. It's invested in the wardrobe, the beat, selection, the feature, the man.
Speaker 1: This is a different thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's also your friends and master P is mind. So we also both by right, but I want to try to have an objective conversation about it.
Speaker 1: You can't how you could call him dudes right now and I could call it right now. But tell but but tell me.
Speaker 4: The investment argue against the investment side of what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So the investment side of what you're saying is that back then there was no social media. That's how I'm gonna get you. Your argument is nolling void. Once I hit you with this, you couldn't just go online and say, well, we're gonna get this to go viral or be a trend on TikTok and then this single gonna pop off, this album gonna pop off.
Speaker 1: You had to spend money at radio. Let's not start talking about payola.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the industry don't like to talk about that, but you had to spend money, which is aka investment at radio to get an artist to pop off. You had to do real promo tours. Promo tours mean you're paying free go out there exactly. Master P put fifty cent on a promo tour. You feel me like this took real money. People can't take that away from him. That of course he had the hustle, but he had to spend money. Bro, there was no other way.
Speaker 1: But he didn't.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 1: I know, he spent money.
Speaker 4: And what I'm telling you, he didn't leave with the formula of what it takes to the industry changed during That's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: So I'm telling you the.
Speaker 4: Industry then did not require what the attention to detail and all these things that requires now.
Speaker 1: But a real hustler gonna always figure it out. That's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: I won't count p out because I feel like if he figured out a way to do it now at this point, part of being smart and part of being a boss is simply knowing how to surround yourself with people that's smarter than you. So a lot of it nowadays is just what I don't get the new nature of the industry. But I could definitely surround myself with people who do.
Speaker 4: And I have seen him do that. Yeah, and but see, but that's what I mean. I think that p because to lose three hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: How you know, he lost three hundred million dollars. That's nobody knows if that's real or not.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: For him to have ran through three hundred million dollars. I don't know why you you're playing this game you're play, but for him to have ran through three hundred million dollars and now be in a scenario where Kodak Black would say that he's asking him for money to represent him, like, so, I'm sure you know that we won't live there. What the point I want to make is that I think that when you get that money, he just yeah, when you get that amount of money and then you lose that money for whatever reason. And I mean he spoke about the taxes and certain things happening in his life that depreciated his funds. What I'm saying is when you when you take that level of loss, and I call it a loss because anything that I had that I no longer have that can serve me and my family and my business, I consider that to be a loss. So if he no longer has the money that you said he made, you say, you don't look up and make four hundred million? Ain't there what you said? So now how we can't now say that he didn't have it or he didn't lose it. You still think he got four hundred.
Speaker 2: I don't count another man pocket you counted it to. That's not what Street you counted it to. Stall you count that's Forbes. Forbes did that, but that's counting fores. But but when you count counting.
Speaker 5: Podcasting me to speculate on what another man But that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: That's what you did. Us street dudes will't do that.
Speaker 5: Bro, you speculated.
Speaker 1: I ain't getting into that. You speculated, right or no, you're speculated. You're reported on it right.
Speaker 4: Count pockets isn't me going in the masterpiece bank account. Count pockets is simply speaking on what they may or may not have. Okay, so you counted pockets as well.
Speaker 1: I read with Forbes reported and then came on a big platform and said and regurgitated with Forbes. I said, I'm telling you don't have a source to site.
Speaker 4: Rock the p on the on the raps next panel about this him and so ask how much money he got. I talked to him about the money he lost. I didn't put the three hundred out there, but we was trying to explain the money bag.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 4: Wife's essential to pay attention in the moment and serve some of these undervalued people who handle the business like in raps next, some of the distributors, some of the people at the stores. It's important for money Bag when he's in these markets to stop in the store that's making him two million a year.
Speaker 1: Hey man, I'm money Bag. How's it?
Speaker 4: This is the conversation we were having. And so my conversation was, Yo, Bro, you know sometimes we play king maker. You know, the money you got, the money you lost, like we were trying to give games. So I don't want you to think I'm talking just out of osmosis, because I'm not right. I'm telling you that we both are counting pockets here. Don't run from the count pockets.
Speaker 2: Pockets, bro, if I'm sitting here, something that's googleable, Bro, if you speak on it, Counting pockets is not a literal term. How much money do I think he has? Now, that's no.
Speaker 1: I asked you. Do you still think he got the number you said he had?
Speaker 2: Bro, I don't know what p has I really And when I say that, I'm being for real because just like we might be like man when less time he had a hit song or something, just like we might say that, we also might not realize damn, how many real estate investments he got. How many other companies that ain't something that you necessarily broadcast on Instagram?
Speaker 1: Does he have just because he choosing to push sereal right now? We don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna play this game like P got hundreds of means you can play it because it's your guy.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna play it.
Speaker 6: I know P.
Speaker 4: I know people get business with Pee. I'm a high level thinker. I can't play that game. What I will say, though, is what I will say though, is that we agreed that at some point he had four hundred million.
Speaker 1: We don't.
Speaker 4: You don't have to concede that. That's counting pockets. I'm telling you, in my opinion, that's counting pockets because the only thing I'm saying is do you still think he got the amount you said he had? Well, I don't know where you got it from. I don't care where you got it. So what's the point after the point after that is losing that amount of money?
Speaker 1: I believe comes with a level of paranoia. No, no, no, paranoia where I may not invest. I may not got them boys, Coach can't pee them. They spending that ship like they got that like it ain't they ain't see they ain't went through.
Speaker 4: Nothing like that yet where it's like some taxis or something that happened like oh shit, damn, we lost a chunk of money.
Speaker 5: There you go, and after people go through that, you prove it.
Speaker 2: My point, after people go through that, they might not be just spending crazy like like like there's no tomorrow exactly.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: So, when life hit one mogul in a way that it hasn't hit another mogul yet, you can't judge that first mogo and say, well, that means that he just ain't. He just ain't, you know, willing to invest or. He never was willing to invest. When life hits you a certain way, bro, you gotta understand that. That's like a good metaphor is when somebody come fresh out of jail. Bobby Schmurder come out of jail. People were so excited to see Bobby Schmurder that they instantly was like, where the music at? Where the music at?
Speaker 1: Man, I've been gone for seven years?
Speaker 3: Can I live first?
Speaker 1: Can I live a little bit?
Speaker 2: But these fans and these industry people are he falling off because he ain't dropping no new music, Madam. I'm trying to enjoy being a free man, and people will try to push that on you because for them, they're like, no, you're almost like my property. Like I feel like you're just here to serve me, and fans gotta really think about that. I'm about to take this kind of another direction, and if you don't want to go here, we don't have to. But it's your state. I was in Memphis the theay Big got killed. I was doing a speaking engagement at a church confany speaking of church, right man, I'm out eating. I hear the news and brother. The most toxic area of hip hop culture can often be found in the comments sections on Instagram comments. Yes, brother, I started looking as the news is getting reported, and you see all these fans who don't know Doult personally, who don't know God It personally, who are finding out that a grown black man just got his life taken from him, and they just in the comments making jokes putting adulph in emlojis they in the comments.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about jokes on jokes.
Speaker 2: Gifts on jips, And I'm seeing this, bro, and it's so inhumane that I'm just like this right here is something that we can't ignore.
Speaker 5: How we got here, and how we got here.
Speaker 2: Was if we constantly are putting music out and wanting fans to suppor there's glorifying a negative, toxic message having to deal with selling dope or killing people, then when it happens in real life, we also can't expect them to be empathetic and say, this is messed up, y'all.
Speaker 5: We need to stop this in our community.
Speaker 2: So the fans take it ten steps further and be like, yep, we glorifying that because this ain't nothing but a video game to us, and y'all are just our entertainment. That's tough, man, because you got people out here who are really losing their life and really losing their freedom. So how dare I come across like I'm against any of the artists in hip hop culture? I'm simply here saying, man, these fans don't love us as much as we might think. Brother, Yeah, no, it's all so don't be their mascot, you know, don't be their mascot. So let's not have an unhealthy relationship with fame and notoriety because a lot of artists.
Speaker 5: Oh it's another one, bro, we could do this all day.
Speaker 2: Another I gotta listen the same way that we sit here and we can entertain these things, and we were like, well, at least I'm getting paid in the process. Now I'm not starving for five days. That's why I got to put this message out. I ain't no bad dude, but this is just what's going on in the hoods. So I'm getting paid off of it. The same way we have an unhealthy attachment with money or with fam and success. These fans have an unhealthy attachment with their artists to the point where they will ride or die behind artists who they ain't never met before, who they going through with them. Artists are going through, but they'll be out here beefing with other people in real life over an artists that man, this artists don't know you.
Speaker 5: And that's problematic.
Speaker 3: Bro. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: They choose size the fandom that the parasocial relationship is.
Speaker 1: Next level, man.
Speaker 2: And that's the part I think The point that I the point that I said I was gonna get to was we have to ask ourselves, how do we have a message, make money, and make sure that our mental is in a healthy space, because we want all three. Anybody if they say they don't want to make some money, right, anybody's lying if they say I want my mental health to be in a crappy place because I'm in the music industry.
Speaker 1: I was suicidal before. I told you that before we.
Speaker 2: Started while signed to Rcaight, while in your city in Nashville on the BT Black College Tour, you heard me and driving here and contemplating killing.
Speaker 5: Myself right there on the road by myself in the car with.
Speaker 2: A whole deal with notoriety, about to be on the red carpet for the BT Hip Hop Awards.
Speaker 5: I'm in the site for that year. You know all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Man, We have to figure out how can we make it to where positivity is profitable, to where progress is profitable, because ain't nothing wrong with a profit, Ain't nothing wrong with it. We should be able to do business in that healthy way we talked about that off. We should be able to be in hip hop. I think the over glorification of getting to the bag like has become like the end goal in the North Star for people. I don't look up to jay Z just because he's a billionaire. I don't look up to Kanye just because he's a billionaire. Man, what's your character?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: You heard me because that shouldn't matter as well, because you can say Donald Trump is a billionaire, but then people be like, well I hate him. You can say that this person is a billionaire, that there's out here bombing and killing thousands of people overseas in the wall, you know what I mean. So that is what has happened in our culture, bro Is. We can't act like any of this stuff is off the table. I'm not telling everybody to take a vow to poverty and become a priest and don't worry about making no money, bro Like.
Speaker 1: Because people are gonna do what works.
Speaker 4: Yes, people are gonna think that the female rappers are adopting what the male rappers did that worked for the male that worked for the male rappers, right. They doing the beef thing, They doing the talking about the slide.
Speaker 2: And telling sex about slide, beefing with each other. That's the big three.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So when we see these women doing this.
Speaker 5: I'm just like where the OG's at though, because once again.
Speaker 1: It's beneficial behavior.
Speaker 4: It's no one gonna be able to tell someone like a sexy red I have two three children.
Speaker 1: This is working, sir. Like you what are you saying? You're coming here saying it's working for who for her?
Speaker 5: Okay, but what is it doing to the millions of people that is that is brainwashing?
Speaker 4: First you first, you worry about you, then you worry about others. That's called individualism, right. People tend to say that, but everyone everyone worries about themself first, absolutely, Maslow's how it is.
Speaker 1: Of course self president, that's gonna be. That's gonna be right how it is.
Speaker 5: But if we truly want to make progress, we got to start to think about it.
Speaker 1: Well, we will make progress again. That's why I say there's time.
Speaker 4: There's a like we were talking about juice World and these people not getting a chance to actually develop. There's a developmental process. There's a learning curve that these people have to go through.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: A lot of times we're critical of people that's in the twenties, like a sexy red which I do know how that some of that messaging comes off. But Yo, self preservation is the first thing I think. I ain't like, Yo, if that's working, who, how you gonna.
Speaker 1: Come tell her to stop that? It's gonna be rough to do. It's gonna be rough to tell. Even these guys around here. It's gonna be rough to.
Speaker 4: Say, Yo, you gotta stop hustling, bro, like you're hurting the community. Yeah, but I'm feeding my baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I can give you an alternative.
Speaker 4: That's what the that's what it is now. The alternative has to not only be an alternative, but effective.
Speaker 2: An effective alternative yeah, fair enough, but also it has to be something where we might tell that person, Yo, you might make less money than you is making hustling, but you're gonna gain exponentially emotionally, spiritually, and mentally because the.
Speaker 1: Sex you rate.
Speaker 4: What would you give some game you can give sexy rec Because my thing about you is I think you're gonna have to start just giving the game without being in these people presence. I think that that's gonna be your achilles heel for these people, even when they going behind closed doors to say, yeah, but he tells me you want to meet with a nigga. I don't want to like that sound like something is into that, you know, and I know it's not. I know, Bro, I'm listen because when I hear respect, when I hear Joe, when I hear when I hear the response of these people, I know, because how can he call you a cloud chaser.
Speaker 2: Is irritating their demons, And when that happens, then people just gonna be like, I gotta take a low blow.
Speaker 1: I got a name call, I gotta make fun of it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm not a disrespectful dude. Brother, I'm not out here. I don't walk around on or strapped or nothing like that. I'm not looking to fight nobody, but I'm trying to be like Jesus Christ. So with that being said, when it gets to the point where people come out and either threatening me physically or just want to make fun of me and make fun of my accent and say I'm a basket head and all this type of stuff, or when people want to instantly call me a cloud chaser, something about my spirit is irritating your demons.
Speaker 4: You don't think it's your words what you said to him, Yo, Bro, you said something to me like you said something about mine.
Speaker 1: I'm over here, minding my business. We just dropped the album.
Speaker 4: If I'm making ross, we just dropped the album, were doing our little It depends on what gets said.
Speaker 5: Because if somebody calls me gay tomorrow, I'm sitting there like you clown.
Speaker 1: Not if they're on Breakfast Club if they have a breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Joe said something about you that was little to none, and you came and responded little to nothing. Well, I mean I ain't saying yeah, yeah, yeah, I want to take that back, right, because that's not little to none. What I mean is in the grand scheme of what you've been able to accomplish, that dude saying that over there didn't stop nothing.
Speaker 1: It doesn't affect.
Speaker 4: Anything, right, It deserves a response from a market standpoint, right, But in the grand scheme, take my.
Speaker 5: Point, which is why I said I could still hug Joe Budden to this day.
Speaker 2: Like that's why you didn't understand when I say that, it's because that didn't bother me on that type of level.
Speaker 1: Too, I would. But intentions are important.
Speaker 5: Intentions are very important.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 5: So if you.
Speaker 4: Intended to to to to chop me down, that's why I don't want to speak to some of these other that's what and I want to I want you to help me with that because I have no I have no desire to know do your blessings come from any of them people?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 1: Because of that, your attempts.
Speaker 2: To chop me down simply a waste of your valuable time here on earth because you're not gonna chop me down because you don't feed me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you can't starve me. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you can't fuck you can't do nothing with me but your intentions.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And because of them intentions, it's like, all right, that might mean that we ain't gonna be best friends at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: And I can't hug you, and I can't hug you, and we not see that's in the church. It feels like there's a lot of fake hugging this stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, okay, Well with Jesus, nothing was fake in the church.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of fake, a lot of stuff, a lot of fake, you know, a whole bunch of types of behavior.
Speaker 5: But there's also a lot of real behavior.
Speaker 1: With that being said, Bro.
Speaker 2: Judas, Judas sold Jesus out. Man, he gave a drop on on Jesus. Lord, like look this way, yeah, y'all come get him. You know what I'm saying, y'all take him, y'all go kill him for thirty pieces of silver. Right, Judas did that.
Speaker 1: Guess what Jesus did.
Speaker 5: Wash that man feet at the Last Supper, wash his feet.
Speaker 1: I'm still sitting.
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 2: Lord, that's that's how that's how high the bar has been set. That's why I'm always gonna be hult.
Speaker 1: I'm not I swear respect that bro. That's I got a lot of respect for that man.
Speaker 4: And I'm digging into it because I'm trying to get some information to incorporate some of it. You see what I'm saying, because I don't I don't want to be the shell that I am. But it's it's it's safe. It keep you safe. I don't hug a nigga, that just saying what about me?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: That's that's because that's my north star. God is my north star. So I'm looking at all of the behavior that's already been modeled. Man, Jesus did this already.
Speaker 1: Cool how he handled this, So how I'm gonna handle a podcast I'm talking about it?
Speaker 5: Come on, man, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Tell you some real This thing you want so bad though they're trying to tag down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know what, it ain't that I wanted. First of all, I'm a made man. I got it.
Speaker 4: Now, this thing you got, but they can affect it, they destroy it, they can affect I think I just I think I just be sitting there, like if you know that, you Lebrin, if you know that you Steph Curry and you see somebody talking about you, and you're just like, man, But what you can't do is stop these balls.
Speaker 2: I'm about to spit on the Loon Show, or stop this from the Hood to Harvard album, or stop this this hip hop children's book. David found his sling shot that y'all need to go get that. Then't change the lives of thousands and thousands of people independently, you know what I'm saying. So with all that being said, I think I'm just in a place now where I wasn't there thirteen years ago. When I'm in that room and I'm seeing inconsistencies in people's behavior and character.
Speaker 5: But they got all the leverage because I'm like, I might need this person.
Speaker 2: I ain't there, bro I ain't there, And I want to tell you this, this is just another example the dudes they held the gun to my head.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: When I was in college, man, like I said, it's somebody that's pretty pretty well known who you know, some people might know. I would say a good bit of people will probably know who they were, This person's partner, you know what I mean, Me and this person since then, because this is a like I said, a public figure have crossed paths at least five times in life, right and