Speaker 1: Warning. Today's episode contains spoilish Peacemaker season two episode seven, Like a Keith in the Knight. Hello, my name is Jason Septune and I'm Rasey Nike and welcome back to the X ray vision of the podcast, where we dive deep in your favorite shows, movies, comics of pop culture. Coming to you from my our podcast. We'll bring you three episodes a week.
Speaker 2: Past news.
Speaker 3: In today's episode, we will be breaking down the penultimate episode of Peacemaker two oh seven season two. It's almost the last episode and some crazy stuff went down and we will be talking about it.
Speaker 2: And of course he's back.
Speaker 3: He was on vacation, but now our peace Maker correspondent super producer Ian has returned for Peace Makeup two seven.
Speaker 4: How I'm doing great. I also just happy to say that I was right. Thank you guys for the flowers.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: It feels scared, feel scared.
Speaker 2: I have to give you the credit. We had to give you the credit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gonna be interesting to break down what this episode tells us about that.
Speaker 1: Well, let's dive into it. Episode seven, Like a Keith in the Knight. It opens up right on the heels of the previous episode Nazi Harcourt is having Chris and Harcourt arrested in the office of Argus. Harcourt is like, Chris, I can't believe that you didn't notice you've been hanging out in Nazi world. And he's like, well, I'm not like a super well read.
Speaker 2: Guy, because like mine camp everywhere.
Speaker 1: Would I be this yeah? Would I be this ripped if if I was like reading books? And she's like, well, how did you not notice? In a rerunnable, how did you not notice this mural of Hitler? And there's smash cut to a huge wall sized mural of Hitler.
Speaker 3: Uh so you have the American flag with the Nazi symbol on it too.
Speaker 1: Like to be fair, Harcourt had also been through that office and did not call out the Hitler mural until this very moment. Let's let's just relax. But yes, hilarious gag that stretches credulity. Chris tells Nazi Harcourt, listen, I think we got to break up, and it's complicated, but we got to do it. Then he and Harcourt fight everybody, They take out all the Nazis and they begin their escape from the office. Back at Vig's house Nazi dimension Vig, who is actually anti fascists, Yes.
Speaker 3: Important here, one of the few non Nazis. And of course we love the reason. Yes, the reason he.
Speaker 1: Is, uh, the nemesis of this world's Peacemaker is because he's devoutly anti fascist and they're the top trio, and he say he wants to take Peacemaker down anyway. He explains to our Vig what's going on. You know, it's pretty basic, you know, Philip K. Dick type stuff. The Nazis one World War two.
Speaker 2: Which means this athet we were correct, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, And in this in this world all wealth, there's a capitalist system, yes, but it's significantly fueled by the slave labor of all the non white, non straight people who have been herded into camps and there they toil away in horrific conditions. I'm sure Antifa Vige has been you know, fightings and justice for years, as he says, and then regular Vig is like, oh yeah, wait a second, I can't remember the black woman. An think the vision is like, we okay, we have to go get her right now because she's a tremendous danger. She is being chased down the street Captain Triumph. Also in that mob, Blue Dragon calls him and is like, listen, whatever you're doing, leave that because I need you back home right now. And he's like really, but I'm in the middle. So he's like, no, no, no, you got to come here. And we see that Blue Dragon has Economists taped to a chair and he has him holding a block of C four in one hand and like the trigger in the other hand, so he has to keep a hold on that grip or else you know what, He's gonna blow up. But also Blue Dragon's gonna blow but he's in the power suit. I don't know. Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 2: I gotta say.
Speaker 3: John Economus as a character, Steve Age, You're great, we love you. We had you on the Pology.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 3: John Economus is a character I was always doing so much TV yelling this episode like this motherfucker has never been loyal in his life, Like this guy is the easiest to go guy, like he is gonna just give up his friends any case. And it was frustrating to watch now it does he love them, yes, but he's useless.
Speaker 4: He's just incapable of shutting the fuck up at any given time.
Speaker 1: I don't know, does he really give them up though I kind of feel like, well, there's been many times over the course of this season that he could have given them up in a significant ways, and yet he works when not confronted. Behind the scenes, he is working to save them and doing different things to save them. It's just when you put him under pressure exactly, that's the problem. Well, I mean he's a back where he's an office guy. He's not he should be in the office.
Speaker 4: And he's self aware. He's admitted multiple times this season he has social deficiency.
Speaker 3: So I actually think it's a very interesting character, aw because this whole season has been about you know, loyalty and kind of finding your own place, and I think is very bad for us to have a character who really doesn't have that and doesn't act as you would expect the kind of heroic character to act, like when you know.
Speaker 2: Captain Triumph and Blue Dragon a kind.
Speaker 3: Of you know, have him there with the two are the characters that end up there. Like he just will constantly be like, I wasn't involved, I wasn't there, Like you know, it's he can't help it.
Speaker 2: He can't even make himself look good.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, he can't Ad flees over fences, through backyards and finally into his swing pool. She swims to the end of the swiming pool. The Nazis are on her tail, almost like like Nazis zombies from Call of Dude.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's very intense, and as.
Speaker 1: She comes to the edge of the pool, Judo Master is there, pulls her out of the pool and then cooks the Nazis with a down electric cable and he and Ad and then we get to enjoy the dead bodies of the Nazis and the broiling ramen water for a moment, and then they escape. In the lobby of Argusts, Chris activates his pack to get he and Hardcourt out there. Heavily can cuss, I'm sure, but they managed to get on the peace cycle and get away. Triumph arrives home to this bizarre scene of economists taped to a chair and his dad and Economists is just again blaming. He's like, I'm just I'm just like a common thief. No, actually, I'm sorry, Wade. I'm a guy from another dimension and I'm really sorry. Uh, you know, I'm from that dimension where you know, Mike Chris killed your Chris and is currently impersonating him, and I'm so sorry about that loose Blue Dragon, but they would have figured that yeah, yeah, I mean, Blue Dragon tells Triumph listen, I'm sorry to tell you this, but your brother is dead. I will say. Before we get we'll talk about this further. I love that in every dimension Chris is dad basically doesn't give a shit about.
Speaker 3: But come on, I'm so excited to talk more about that because I do think that the choices they make with Blue Dragon hair, it's.
Speaker 1: So pretty interesting, very very interesting. Okay, so, uh eaglely walks in Economists is like, hey, go kill the Nazi versions of Chris's family, and uh Dragon meanwhile is telling Captain Triumph that, you know, we'll be in big trouble because apparently nobody knows about this portal. If Chris happens to tell Argusts or anybody about this portal, like, well, we're going to be in big trouble. We have to stop him. So Triumph realizes in that moment that wait, you know what, I think hardcore is also no Nazi. She's wearing pants, which, by the way, again another great bit of seeding by James Gunn.
Speaker 3: The older women in the Nazi world, these kind of flower see florally outfits.
Speaker 2: We saw other Amelia like that.
Speaker 3: I think this is just such good storytelling that all pays off in a really interesting.
Speaker 2: It's great way.
Speaker 3: And also the pants joke is so funny because they just do it for too long. They both keep being shocked she's wearing pants, and it kind of like it keeps going almost too long.
Speaker 2: But and it's it's perfect. This is a really great episode.
Speaker 1: So Judo brings out a Bio to a house that he's been hiding out in that he broke into. It's got a lot of snacks, awesome. He is like, we need to get out of here. We need to get back to that portal, you know, the portal code. She doesn't. He also explains like we're in a world where the nazis one. I've been reading all these books, and he and ade Bio basically smashed their beef, you know, at a Bio tasered him multiple times and him having to you know, go up against the eleven street kids in ways in which he's usually lost. He's like, I'm willing to smash all of that so we can just like get out of here.
Speaker 2: I will say we were right.
Speaker 3: That's what we were right for us because we definitely guess that Judo would end up saving ads and that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love this.
Speaker 3: I think Judo Master this is maybe his best episode, and I love the characterization here and it's so funny.
Speaker 2: And I'm so excited to see more.
Speaker 3: I love that this is another thing kind of like with Mantis, where James Gunn did a representation of a character in the first season where a bunch of people.
Speaker 2: Were like, Eh, why do you always.
Speaker 3: Do your characters like this, Like why is Mantis a silent strong you know, it's very tropy when it comes to way like Asian women are represented. And I think with Judo Master, there was definitely a conversation about him being like a nerve character or being like a butt of the joke, and I love that James Gunn has the capacity to listen to that and change it.
Speaker 2: And I think this.
Speaker 3: Episode is really a strong Judo Master episode, and I'm very excited to see him clearly in whatever goes forward being part of the eleventh Street Kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Judo then breaks out a scrabble set. Scrabble call it. They call it scrabble here, but it actually makes a lot of sense when you get into it. And then he proceeds to wipe the board with Atebaio. Peacemaker and Harcourt enjoy a tender moment on the back of his stolen motorcycle while the cops are in pursuit, you know, enjoying the feel of each other's bodies against each other. It's very heartwarming. Cops eventually close in on them and surround them. But Blue Dragon and tryump and gun down like fifteen and the number is exactly fifteen cops in that moment, and and say you got to come with us and Bordeaux.
Speaker 3: When was the last time on TV you saw two superheroes blowing up cop cause.
Speaker 2: Question, it's been a while.
Speaker 3: I mean, Wakanda Forever is probably my the lost time I saw like the cops lived.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is Nazi cops though, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Would say that.
Speaker 3: In Black Panther two, you may be surprised if you watch the scene where more first appears and you see really trying to learn how to use the suit with Sherry and trying to escape, you may be surprised at how many cop cars get blown up and flipped over on that bridge in Oakland, I remember being distinctly impressed by it.
Speaker 2: But I think, yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Think that there is an esthetic and qualitative difference between you blow up the you know, it's the G I. Joe issue. You see the plane blow up and the parachute come out, and sometimes, you know, you see the plane blow up and you just imagine that the parachute. Yes, yes, this is like there are like machine gunning, like they're falling.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Senior and Bordeaux pull former Luther minion Sidney Happerson out of prison and he is going to be the point person for find the portal. They set him up in Luther's mobile headquarters from Superman, and he asks, I think a very important question, just like what do I get? Do I get moved? Do I get like something? And Seniors like, no, I I'll just go back to Luther and say that you didn't want to do it. And so that's enough for Sydney. And Sydney like immediately finds the portal, like he justs on the machines and it's like right there, oh there it is.
Speaker 2: It's and.
Speaker 1: He notes from the strength and the and the quality of the signal that oh, you know, this is clearly like a better design than our Lex Corp. A multidimensional portal. Like our portal was always picking up weird interdimensional shiite. This one seems very very yeah, this one's very stable, So they send the coordinates the florry. Ada and Judo and the Nazi dimension are talking about Leo Dad's wife and ex wife relationship with her, and Judo makes a good point that hey, maybe it's actually your fault, like you're the one who changed the whole deal on the you know, you were supposed to open the store and now you want to be like a soldier for hire, and maybe it's it might be actually your fault. Then Chris comes up and Juda masters like, I, well that guy I still hate. We are good, but that guy is a piece of shit, big time, Like and here's all the reasons, and the reasons are absolutely valid. But Ada is like, listen, he's changed, he is, he's got a good heart. Some of the stuff that he's turned me onto actually turned out to be good. And she's and he's my best friend also, so like you're gonna have to just get over it with him. I'm vouching for him and give him a try. He's a good guy. And then Judo's like why was he living in Nazi world and like having a great time here, and Adam I was like, again, he's a cool guy. I think she said to him.
Speaker 2: She said to him, like she said I said. I think she said, I said he's cool, not small thing. And I was like, yeah, he's fucking dumb. We get it.
Speaker 1: So it night falls and it's time to escape back to the mansion to get into the portal. They begin doing that. Back at the house, Dragon and Triumph come in with Chris and Harcourt. There's economists. Dragon is like, listen, I need to know everything. I need to know why you're here. I need to know how you came here, and I need to know how many people you came here with. Chris is like it was a total accident. I was drunk. I was freaked out by how everything's different but the same. I didn't mean to kill your son, but like he had a gun on my head and it just was instinct and it happened. Triumph is like seething, He's can't you barely hold it together? And Dragon is constantly having to be like chill.
Speaker 3: The fuck, like, come on, calm down, Dragon surprisingly chilled out.
Speaker 1: More chill of more chilled out. So he then is like, well, why'd you come back? Why? You know, like you came out here, you saw it, and then you came back and tried to live here. Why And Chris is like, you know, because you know, in my world my dad and my brother are dead, and my brother dying was like with extremely traumatic moment, and just to be part of a family it felt great. Dragon asks Harcourt, how many did you come here with? But before they can really get into that, there's a knock and Dragon leaves Triumph alone with our friends to go inswer the door, and it's the cops and they're like, listen, have you seen Peacemaker. No, well he's wanted in connection with the machine gunning of fifteen cops recently. And Dragon's like, well, listen, this might be Nazi world, but there are laws, at least for the white men.
Speaker 4: So get off.
Speaker 1: Want to come in here, Get off my fucking lawn and come back with with a warrant. Judo an ad are watching, like all these cops milling around and the like, how are you gonna get through these guys? But then the Viges show up Hey, the Viges and Judo Master immediately begin beefing. Once again. Ad has to calm them down and be like, listen, he's helping me. He's cool. What do we do about these cops? Okay, let's kill all the cops. Inside, Dragon is questioning everybody about the Alts. When the all the Alts show up, they have to go back to their world and never come back. He makes that very clear, don't you even never come back? He doesn't really care that his son got killed, which Triumph is very very upset about, and clearly that's going to be an ongoing issue. And again this is where it really hit home for me that like, wow, it's actually crazy that perhaps that in this world too, and perhaps in many worlds, Chris's dad just does not give a shit, like in a meaningful way, he likes him enough, even.
Speaker 3: In a world where seemingly because there's a really I think there's a very interesting moment that they they kind of slide in here where earlier on they're talking about how he had actually met the Dragon from the main DCU, like Prime DCU, and how he'd felt like he was really cruel and evil, and so I think that the notion here is Yeah, no matter what version of Blue Dragon it is, he always hates Chris because whatever version of Chris it is isn't the right Chris, you know, which is like such a depressing thing to think. It's basically like what if the Scarlet which storyline from the MCU was inverted and it was like, what if your parents hated you in every universe instead of your mom trying to find you in every universe. Also, let me ask you guys this here we get the moment where Blue Dragon says, don't call me a Nazi.
Speaker 2: The Nazi.
Speaker 1: Let me just talk about it. Let me yeah, let me just describe the scenes. So they're like, well, this is Nazi world and you're a Nazi and stuff. And he's like, ah, don't call me that. I hate what's going on here. I'll let you know back, I don't like it, and he and he pushes back pretty strongly on the idea that he is a supporter of this. Now I agree with you. I think, like, listen, are there people just like in our world? Are there people who like disagree who live in countries that you know, you have to always make a distinction between the government, political the yeah, the political system of a place and the people that said he is part of the top trio in the world. You know.
Speaker 4: It is interesting though, because he says in response to that, he's like, well, I don't know about in your perfect world, but like here, you know, do you like stop every single injustice in your world? That's like, okay, that's a fair point, Like there is no perfect conversation the world run by not He's a pretty big one, you know.
Speaker 1: I think it's an important I do think it's an important conversation because he brings up some good points and a certain point. You know, if you're gonna make these big, sweeping statements that are on their face probably true, you're gonna have to reckon with the fact that some people are gonna get dropped into a bucket that maybe don't believe Blunger and that's it to look at the and we don't know what, you know, it seems like the what we've seen of the top Trio is they're fighting Kaijus. They're not like on concentration camp duty, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, actually, you make a good point because there's a moment where when he's explaining that he's chasing off the ads because he thought one of them got out. That's Captain Triumph who said that his dad is like, what the fuck is wrong with you? Like, we don't do that, That's like not our job. So they obviously feel like that separation is keeping them. And we also get a moment here where Blue Dragon talks about how clearly like the cops are corrupted. He doesn't mind lying about the cops. He's not gonna hand him over. It's an unexpectedly complex.
Speaker 1: And I think we're meant to wonder if if having power in this world, but kind of like not doing anything about the stuff that you see is wrong, is does that make you a Nazier? Not? I personally, I kind of feel like, listen, you're the top team, you're the top trio. Your son was chasing a black woman down the street because he thought one of them got out. Exactly, you don't even have influence with him, and in fact, you're like walking around and enjoying the fruits of the system without ever actually challenging. And I don't know, it kind of feels like it's Nazist hit.
Speaker 3: It's the Regina Jackson quote where it's like, if there's a Nazi at the table and ten other people are sitting there talking to him.
Speaker 2: You've got a table with eleven Nazis, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's like, if you're upholding a Nazi situate society with your actions rather than being part of the Sons of Liberty or being part of you know, Vigi's like actively anti fascist situation, then yeah, I think it would be fair to say they're Nazis or at least up holding the Nazi.
Speaker 2: I mean they work in a building with Hitler painted on the wall.
Speaker 1: Well the only Chris, but Captain Triumph and Blue Dragon were easy.
Speaker 2: They were allowed to just like go in there, so August like knows of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, yes, listen, it's complex. I'm I come down on the side of you know, Nazi enough for me, one drop. So we get this really interesting and complex conversation in which we find out that Blue Dragon actually is really and we don't have I would also stress that we didn't have time to go through Okay, like what about this belief? Okay, what about this one? Okay, what about this guy? I think there's probably significant overlap despite Blue Dragons objections. That said, Chris the eaglely comes in and there's a big fight, and the cops are also there, so there's this huge like melee. The cops are getting killed, Eaglely is pecking people and everybody's all our heroes are trying to escape through the big portal. Before you know, all this gets too far out of hand and Chris is like being led there by Harcart. He's almost there when Captain Triumph bursts through the wall and starts like beating the shit out of him. All Chris's friends grab him eagerly is like shreading, yeah, people like stabbing yea the like in the like.
Speaker 4: Right as he's wrapping up this like I'm not a Nazi speech, he just Fitch jumps through the window and stabs him in the neck, like like oh ship yeah.
Speaker 1: And Chris has this epiphany of the violence of his upbringing and he's seen his brother die in his dimension. Now he's seeing his brother, though a Nazi, die in this dimension and he's like stop it, just stop. Let's just leave leave him alone, all this violence like it's I'm the common denominator, and he just like breaks down. It's a very it's a it's a heartbreaking moment. They all escape out of the portal Altvig stays there because he wants to fight the Nazis. Harcourt is like, give me your gun so I can execute Captain Triumph because he's gonna come for revenge. That's going to be bad. And but before she can do that, she's interrupted by like the continuing cop fight, and they go back close up the portal. Just as Argus is arriving outside of Vig's mom's house, Chris folds up the portal, goes out front, hands the portal over to Senior and is like, Okay, they made me give it to you, so they are the heroes here. They've done nothing wrong. I'm under arrest and I'll see you later. H Judo Master of course, stands with Argus and they take Chris in and uh and judging by the things that some of the interviews I've seen, I think we might end this this season probably will end with Chris in jail.
Speaker 3: Yah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I think. So also as well, we do.
Speaker 3: We did have that really interesting conversation with James Gunn recently in the press why he was saying that the story is going to continue, but it's not necessarily going to be peace Maker season three. So I think that's really interesting and adds to that, we also do get a final moment of Captain Triumph being pulled into the ambulance and saved, and it's clear that whatever happens next in the kind of DCU James Gunn Superman Verse, Captain Triumph will be returning to hunt Down because really, Chris did come in then just like kill his whole family.
Speaker 1: It's like, I get why he's upset. You know, it's hard to care that much. Yeah, don't be an understanding. I do understand why he's upset. Yeah, Okay, let's talk about this episode because I think, oh, let's go to a quick break and then we right back and we'll talk about this episode. And we're back wild and super fun and really like heartfelt episode. So I think they did. I think they did great work in remaining loyal to like the central kind of friction with Chris, which is his struggle to be less of an asshole.
Speaker 4: And she's a desire for acceptance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and his questioning of why bad stuff seems to follow him, you know, violence et cetera seems to follow him everywhere, and you know that moment where He's like, no, no, don't kill Captain Triumph, you know, like, don't stop. This I thought was really effective and really earned. Just certainly you want to see this guy get killed.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, Ian, how, how do you feel like the payoff was up? Seeing as you were the one who clocked this, Like, do you feel like this episode lived up to the theories, to the fan kind of recognition of the fact that this was going to be a white supremacist wild like.
Speaker 2: That's a hard thing to pull. Do you feel like this episode pulled it off?
Speaker 4: I do. I think it did. I think James Gunn did a great job of, you know, threading all the little callbacks in little hints and making it all come together cohesively. And one thing that I really loved about it was our Court and Judah Master immediately both calling it out like how could Chris not notice all this stuff? Which I thought was really hilarious, but also like out of Bio's explanation or justification. I thought, on the face of it, like it, I get it, it's sweet, it makes sense, but like also it's like is that enough? Like is that good enough? Like oh yeah, yeah, He's like, once you get past the cheesy stuff. He's actually a really sweet guy. He's changed, you know, he's just kind of dumb, and like even Judah Master was like yeah, but like he still how could he have like not noticed and like chosen to live here? And she was like, yeah, that's a good point. And then they kind of just leave.
Speaker 1: It there and they don't really dig deeper. So it's like, I will say that, while I love the Hitler mural joke, it did threaten to kind of blow up that part of that this like interior reality, the fiction of because it, while a hilarious gag, it is the one thing where you're like, how did you I feel like if you walk into a room with a huge picture of Hitler's going to be yeah, and and and again there's also the fact that Harcourt Real Hardcourt didn't see it, never mentioned it before that moment, so it feels like a weird, unrealistic moment that plays. But it's also like it's a joke that you I wonder if they talked about not including it, because it does kind of threaten to blow the whole premise of he's a good guy, just dumb. Yeah he doesn't, he just doesn't notice stuff. You know, I agree that at a Bio's. I kind of liked that conversation because it's like, you know, you can't expect people to be errordite all the time, so much of life just kind of boils down to Yeah, but I like that guy. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like mm hmmm, Like despite all the he's good to me, he's nice when you get to know him.
Speaker 3: Okay, So another thing I was really impressed with this episode was the way that they so easily and smartly and kind of with the just absolute slickness, just built in more Superman.
Speaker 1: World and Lord felt so organic and smooth, so good.
Speaker 3: And my understanding is that's because they were basically filming them at the same time, so they were able.
Speaker 2: To use the sets.
Speaker 3: I loved seeing Sydney Happerson because I love a weird character who's been in like five issues, weird character, but he was so funny in Superman, so I was legitimately excited to see him come back.
Speaker 2: And then when they walked into.
Speaker 3: The command center, I was like, Okay, James Gunn is doing this on a different levels.
Speaker 2: No, he's cooking. He planned it, he understands the needs.
Speaker 3: There's no like weird volume or like bad green screening people back in.
Speaker 2: It feels so intertwined.
Speaker 3: And I would say, I think it's gonna you know, we got one more episode left. But currently this is just such an incredible and successful kind of proof of concept for why you let this man be in charge of this universe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, having one singular creative visionary guiding the whole ship, and not to say that, you know, not to compare it to Marvel, but we are going to compare it. You know, Kevin Feige is the overarching visionary. But again, it's when you have so many different writers and directors and people bringing their own spin to each project, it's hard to maintain this level of connectivity and quality control. And James Gunn is really, as you said, like putting on a masterclass and how to connect all these different properties and entries. It feels like we're just watching one, you know, story unfolding. Like the connections between this and Superman are just so natural and organic. And I think part of that is to the point you may do, to the fact that they were filmed at the same time. He wrote both of them, So it just feels so organic and seamless in a way where it's just, like I said, you feel like you're just watching one long story, which is I think how it should be. So yeah, I think he's he's he's cooking, he's doing a great job.
Speaker 1: What what does this show become without Chris if we assume that? And it seems like from everything we're reading and certainly by this episode, that it seems like Chris is gonna be taken off the board. He's gonna go to Bell Reeve and probably be locked in there for a while until they need him for some story thing and they get their contract stuff, and so like, what does this show become like? Who I would imagine the lineup is going to be, you know, Judo Master ad economists eagerly question Mark, Yeah, Harcourt, Yeah, Vigeon Harcourt, And so what does that show look like?
Speaker 3: I think that there is a world where they've really pushed this kind of Eleventh Street Kids.
Speaker 2: Thing, So there's definitely a space where they kind of have that.
Speaker 3: I would also love to see them do a season where they're grappling with not having Chris while also trying to work out how to break him out of August or something.
Speaker 2: Some kind of heist. But I also think that as the.
Speaker 3: World broadens, I'm glad that some of this stuff is being moved around, Like I want to see more Judo Master and ads. I want to see the fact that they obviously set up some kind of like prints.
Speaker 2: In the Pauper Bdge swap. That's like my biggest prediction for the Phinalen.
Speaker 1: Talk about it.
Speaker 4: I think so just because they were both mast the whole time. There were a lot of scenes where they were both interacting quick cuts. You're like, which one you know? Which one kicked through the door?
Speaker 1: I think that's and they did. They were definitely playing with me during the fight, Like there was that moment where a Vige gets takes several bullets into their was and you're not sure which one, and like, I think it was at a bios like a and then you're like, is it even that?
Speaker 2: What I know because think about it.
Speaker 1: But the but when they go through the portal, the Vig that I assumed to be the Vig from that universe does that little like salute and then kicks the door closed. I don't.
Speaker 3: I think Bitch loves to kill Nazis, and I think they might have been like, wouldn't it be cool to just like see each other as well? And then, especially in that lost moment, he's like, yeah, I'll stay by and kill the Nazis. You know, I haven't gone to kill this many Nazis since blah blah blah. So I think they're at least going to play into it, especially because Freddy did such a funny, good job and they were basically exactly the same character.
Speaker 2: So I guess we'll see in the finale where that goes.
Speaker 3: And I'm also interested in what the portal is going to mean for August, because first they wanted to shut it down so that it wasn't creating a rift like we saw in Superman. But it's very clear that Senia and his cyborgs lover maybe lover.
Speaker 2: Now they have an agenda and an ulterior motive.
Speaker 3: So I would love to see if the finale really explodes outwards and kind of sets up what we're going to see in Lanterns or Man of Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Basically one thing I wanted to based on the preview at the end of the episode, we see for for the finale, Argus is going to be using the portals to look for something. They're going to try to catalog and explore these ninety nine other dimensions, and so I think what's gonna end up happening is they're going to find something or unleash something that maybe they weren't expecting or they can't control, and that's maybe going to set up a conflict for one of these future titles, because I think that's that's a smart way to use this like multiverse concept in a different way than how Marvel is doing it. And I mean, yeah, I just feel like that's kind of your classical government tampering if unleasha power they can't control kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I wanted to call out. I wanted to call out a couple of people on a Blue Sky who pointed out the previous episode, Rob Federici, who pointed out that when Vig is going through Anti Antifa Vige's house and he sees his parents and he's like, oh my god, my dad's not gay here. That actually his dad probably is gay.
Speaker 2: He's just he's That's that is a great that's a good catch.
Speaker 1: Sorry, go ahead, Rosie.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, I love I love that so much. I was just gonna say like, how do you think that.
Speaker 2: Gun and Co and DC.
Speaker 3: Right now we have Creature Commandos, we have Superman, and we have Peacemaker and so far, and obviously we know he's bringing stuff in from the Suicide Squad, which I love.
Speaker 2: But like, so far, it's a relatively small pool.
Speaker 3: How much harder and how much do you think we're gonna see the way that James Gunn is changing this stuff when we add Supergirl to the mix next year, when we add Lantern, Suddenly there's gonna be a lot more continuity and connectivity that we need to work on. Ian, do you have any feelings, like do you think he could end up in a situation where it kind of spreads too thin? Or you think that from this you're really seeing a path for him to continue this no matter how big the world gets.
Speaker 4: I so, as of right now, I'm feeling fairly confident of how this is unfolding and where it's going. It clearly has a plan and a vision. The way each piece is kind of smoothly led into the next so far, I think feels good. But I think introducing Batman and that whole side of the universe will be very interesting to see how that gets incorporated into what is already existing, because so far everything does feel on a larger, kind of more cosmic alien scale.
Speaker 2: You know, such a good point.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's it's all very big, big, big explosives, big alien so.
Speaker 4: Like Lanterns, that feels like that will kind of slot in nicely because that's their space cops. There's already kind of that built in alien aspect to it. But when we do some maybe smaller stories or get to more intimate corners of this universe, like a story set just in Gotham or something, you know, well, clay Face, you know, which is a great point that Joelle just brought up. That's going to be what I assumes a smaller scale, more horror leaning, you know, film, Like, how does that kind of fit into the larger verse? I think that'll really be what the moment that we'll see. We'll see if he has the juice, if he can pull it off, so be very curious.
Speaker 1: Well I go, I go weirdly in a different direction in that I feel like James's got the juice, and but I'm really interested to see what happens when we start bringing in Glanterns, things that he is not directly, show running, directing, et cetera. And do we maintain that connectivity as you start necessarily delegating out these other projects to other people, Because I think right now it's I'm not going to say it's easy. He's doing incredible work. It's it's hard, but it's easier to keep everything connected when you are the person creating all this. What happens when you start bringing in other people, And so that's what I'm really fascinated to see, like do we do does it all feel as seamless as it feels, you know, right now, which is pretty seamless.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a great point. Yeah, I mean I think, yeah, so super Girl will be the first one that he did not right himself from right now sinking, so that that's what's coming up next to It'll be interesting to see, you know, what what happens with these next projects to your point, Jason, So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna be interesting. I can't wait for the finale, Free Chris. On the next episode of Extra Vision, we're diving into the depths of serial killers on TV. That's this episode AX for listening, Bye Bye x Ray Vision is hosted by Jasonceps Young and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcast.
Speaker 3: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kolfman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abusa part.
Speaker 3: Our producers are Common, Laurent Dean Jonathan and Fay Wack.
Speaker 1: A theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 3: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi our discord moderator.