Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for finding the Second Date Update feed. We are so glad you're here. Really honestly, Hey, it's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning and this is the home of the Second Date Update.
Speaker 2: We love it if you like and subscribe.
Speaker 1: And even more than that, we'd love it if you purchase a Second Date Update merch for a cause T shirt or sweatshirts remember sum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seriously, they are so cool.
Speaker 1: The logo is done by a world renowned a snowboard and ski designer.
Speaker 3: Thanks Noll.
Speaker 1: Okay, go, yeah, you gotta check him out. And remember one proceeds go to a great cause, Convoy of Hope, which is helping out with those LA wildfire relief efforts. So again, the link to buy is in the show notes. And here's a little Saturday treat for you. Enjoy.
Speaker 4: Second Date Update. All right, let's do a hypothetical here.
Speaker 2: I always love those, and Brooke, we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Pretend that you're single, okay, singing you. I know she's faked up.
Speaker 2: No, I love my husband.
Speaker 4: But let's say for a long time you're hanging out at the bar, you're the same age that you are right now. I don't want to say it out Loud's just just keep that in mind. But again, you're single and you see a cute guy cross the room, very attractive. Do you approach him or do you try to get him to notice you so that he walks over.
Speaker 1: I've never had any tact, so I would definitely approach him.
Speaker 4: And what do you do? What do you do?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe buy him a drink extra?
Speaker 3: You're just like Hi and Brooke. I think you're cute and dreams.
Speaker 4: You flash a bunch of money in his face and try to win him over like that.
Speaker 1: I've told many guys at bars when I was single, you're hot.
Speaker 3: We love that.
Speaker 4: We would girls will finally tell you.
Speaker 2: I told you I don't have much shame or anything.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: Well, no, not really, but it works because I'm telling you it works.
Speaker 4: I do think you forgot I said, you're still your same age as now, but I'm gonna let you get away with that one.
Speaker 1: So I still say that.
Speaker 4: Desperate at my age. But I bring it up because one of our listeners says that he got approached by not just one, but two different women, and he thinks he knows the secret on how that happened. Okay, so let's talk to him. Tony. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hi, how are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: Were two twins at the bar? Is that what.
Speaker 4: She means lookalikes? Not the other classic she's accident, I know, apologized for brook, but I know you went on a date recently. Who is it with?
Speaker 5: Her name is Jemma. We actually met on a dating APPE.
Speaker 2: Said, somebody you at the bar? You met it on a dating map.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I know. Sorry, that might have been a little confusing. So we went to this Mexican spot and they have these like giant long shared table things.
Speaker 2: Like community seating.
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly. We're like sitting with different parties and stuff like that, and it's kind of social, you know, people are talking to each other and interacting. But I thought that I was being pretty clear to the rest of the restaurant that me and jem are are not brother and sister. We were there on a date together.
Speaker 4: How do you be clear about that? Like T shirts matching?
Speaker 3: Do you guys look alike?
Speaker 5: Uh No, I don't think so. But it was more like the way we got treated, I guess because we were I mean, we were flirting, we were doing the whole date thing, and the two girls were kind of across from us, and like I said, it was a social thing. And Jemmy at one point got up and she went to the bathroom and during that time, and these two girls came over and sat on either side of me and just kind of inserted themselves into the situation.
Speaker 2: Asking about your date.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, I could see like two girls that are out together. They're like, oh, look at there on a first date. Let's go mess, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: She thinks it's going bad.
Speaker 5: Like I don't know, I don't know what it was. But when Jemma came back to the table, she kind of sat not in the seat that they were in, but a little away from me, like across from me. Almost.
Speaker 1: The women were still there when she came back from the bathroom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they stayed there and they were basically just paying attention to me. They were like laughing at jokes that I was trying to say and stuff like that. So it was weird.
Speaker 3: Is it that maybe she saw that they like and.
Speaker 1: It's nothing if they're like making it a joke, right, and they're including her, and it feels like a group thing. But this sounds like she was really left out out.
Speaker 5: It probably hurt. Yeah, but I was trying to do everything I could to show her non verbally that I am not interested in them. I mean, I'm trying to play foot you with her. I'm trying to engage with her and let her know, like, hey, I didn't have these girls to come over here. They just did it on their own. It's got nothing to do with me.
Speaker 4: You didn't move And one time I pretended to fall asleep during a date to get the message across that I wasn't interesting. I kissed one of them. What do you like in your mind? What do you think was happening there?
Speaker 5: I kind of And I told her this too. I think the only reason that they were even interested in me to begin with was because I was out with a really attractive girl. And that's the only time that that ever happened to me.
Speaker 2: Did Emma like that reason?
Speaker 5: Not at all?
Speaker 2: Were you able to salvage the date at all?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: How long were they there?
Speaker 5: They were there for the rest of the date, but we didn't stay much longer. We uh awkwardly left and she wasn't really talking to me at the end and uh, no kiss or anything like that, was just kind of hugged and uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you bring it up with Jemma though about like, sorry about those two girls, Like I wasn't interested.
Speaker 1: He told her the whole reason he thought they were doing that after the date are.
Speaker 5: During Yeah, well, the girls were right there, so it was hard for me to address it at the table. I just waited till we were in the car and I apologized for their behavior and said, look, I had nothing to do with me. I'm sorry. It was weird.
Speaker 2: What did she say?
Speaker 5: She said she understood, but there wasn't much after that.
Speaker 1: Okay, ye dang, dude, what do you wish you would have done differently?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: It was a weird social situation, So I mean, I guess I should have asked for a private table, but that was kind of the whole experience of the spot was to do that with other people.
Speaker 3: Weird. I I wonder where her side is.
Speaker 4: Yell, we'll get that from her when we reach out to her. But at least next time, probably need to avoid the shared long tables.
Speaker 1: You're just accepting attention from other women.
Speaker 2: Women is probably what you need to avoid.
Speaker 4: When you're with a girl Kerr Brother Chicks, we learned and hopefully we'll get some answers when we reach out to Gemma for you and come back. Try to get your second date update. Right after this second date update, one of our listeners, Tony, went out on a one on one date that suddenly turned into a three on one date boy, and the person who got excluded was Jemma, the woman that he actually came to the restaurant with, because two random girls got up and sat down right next to Tony as soon as Gemma went off to the bathroom, so when she came back to the table, she was forced to sit across from everybody else and the whole rest of the night was kind of awkward.
Speaker 2: From there, he tried to play foot seaes.
Speaker 4: Just show Jemma that I'm actually interested in you. I don't really care about these two new girls, so she was gone out of reach.
Speaker 6: I think she was.
Speaker 7: It's probably just a table leg and Tony's thoughts on why this happened was actually pretty flattering towards Gemma, saying that she was so attractive that these other ladies must have been paying him attention, thinking, oh wow, this guy's with this gorgeous woman.
Speaker 4: He must have something pretty special, either downstairs or upstairs, who knows. At least that's Tony's thoughts on the situation. We need to get Jemma's thoughts and see if we can recover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how are you feeling, Tony?
Speaker 5: A little nervous, but I get I kind of am knowing what to expect, I think.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's how you're feeling upstairs. How you're feeling downstairs?
Speaker 7: Okay, nerves going everywhere?
Speaker 2: Have you talked to her at all since the date?
Speaker 5: No, I haven't gotten a response back from her.
Speaker 4: It went from three women to zero now giving Tony attention. So hopefully you didn't get their numbers. Well, yeah, we didn't ask No, absolutely this yeast clear we're asking for their numbers in front of her.
Speaker 3: But okay, well, good luck out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's call Gemma. We'll see if she picks up, and hopefully we'll figure out what's going on. Okay, all right, cool, let's do it. Hello, Hi, we're looking to talk to Jemma.
Speaker 5: This is Gemma.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for picking up. Gemma. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, weird.
Speaker 5: Why are you calling me?
Speaker 4: Uh, well, we're doing a segment called a second Date update. Not sure if you're familiar with that, but we're trying to help out one of our listeners get a hold of you after you went out on a date with him recently, guy named Tony.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, did you just get?
Speaker 2: Is that what? I?
Speaker 3: Okay, like a cough.
Speaker 6: Throat, listen, I don't know what this guy told you, but it was a very very awkward and incredibly weird.
Speaker 2: He actually told us something similar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we we did hear about some of the events that occurred at the Mexican Place with the two girls coming sit right next to Tony at the communal table while you went off to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean honestly that that's kind of a good sign, Gemma, because that means that you were disappointed, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I'm just saying like you liked him, because if he didn't like him, you might come back like they got.
Speaker 6: That's putting a really nice spin on it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, well, Tony says that he felt really bad about how it all went down. We're curious how you felt about the situation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm sure he did, honestly, Like at first I came back and I was like what, And then I saw how Tony was like clearly a little uncomfortable, So I was kind of I was kind of laughing, like inside, Okay, that's such a relief.
Speaker 2: What do you think their intentions were?
Speaker 6: Oh, I know what their intentions were. I'm pretty I'm pretty sure Tony by the way of a really good looking guy, and they like they swarmed in like locusts or whatever.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Okay, yeah, but you said that you didn't blame that on him.
Speaker 6: I don't think he invited just necessarily. But I started to get kind of irritated with these girls, these two girls. I was like, get the hint, ladies.
Speaker 5: He's with me.
Speaker 6: So Tony was so like flummoxed or whatever that he didn't even notice. But I called the waiter over and I was like, try it. Attempted to bribe the waiter. Still falsa on girl, did he do it?
Speaker 2: Did the waiter do it?
Speaker 1: How much money does something like that costs?
Speaker 2: The waiters? Probably annoyed at them too, if they're this type of person.
Speaker 4: Also, is like six dollars plus tips nine bucks.
Speaker 6: I waved a twenty at him, and he was like, I'm sorry, I can't do that.
Speaker 4: Oh, I hope you gave that restaurant a bad review.
Speaker 1: I still understand that you're not blaming Tony, So why are you mad at him?
Speaker 2: Why did you go?
Speaker 6: I don't blame Tony in the beginning for not doing anything, but by the end this went on for so long he should have done more.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think he feels that way too.
Speaker 4: Here's the deal. You actually sound pretty understanding about the whole situation. You're giving Tony a little bit of leeway on it. But we can maybe fix this. Because I do have to let you know, Tony is currently listening to this conversation on the other line, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: No, that's a joke, and that's the only women.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am here.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's very forrrimal Tony.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe you should say something to her.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, first off, I just want to apologize for what happened. I had nothing to do with them coming over. Obviously I didn't ask them, but I I didn't know what to do, to be honest with He was a weird awkward to like, just it was our first date.
Speaker 5: I don't know these people at all.
Speaker 4: Okay, that was that was good, Tony. You can let her respond to that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I ken't. And I appreciate the apology, Tony, but you already apologize. You told me that on the card. I'm not hearing anything new.
Speaker 4: Okay, come up with a better apology, Tony, go ahead.
Speaker 1: It does kind of sound like he's still blaming the women, like he's not like you need to own up to like your own non action a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Are you just like a very non confrontational person, brother?
Speaker 5: Like No, I would consider myself a non confrontational person. That's why it was a tough position too.
Speaker 2: Is that hot for you, jem.
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: I mean I don't want to guys like punching people in the face, but like you, guys be a little more forceful.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, I think he was just trying to be as respectful as he could.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you're not a confrontational guy either, Like you get where he's coming from.
Speaker 4: What are you saying, Brooke, Oh, He'm trying to put me in a corner right now?
Speaker 2: Did I just break Jeff?
Speaker 4: Let's not turn this into a situation with us, Jemma. Clearly Tony is remorseful about what happened and how he behaved. I'm sure he's He's even told us next time he doesn't want to do communal tables.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's like, I will reserve a table for two.
Speaker 4: So we'd like to help facilitate that second date and even pay for it if you're willing to give him another shot.
Speaker 6: What do you think, Jemma appreciate that offer. But I have just made a decision since this incident that I just I don't want this to be my life going forward. I don't want to be going out and fighting off girl raping themselves all over my date. So I've made a couple of adjustments.
Speaker 5: Does that mean, well, I'm going to date down what.
Speaker 1: You're just going to date the guys that you find less attractive?
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Competition?
Speaker 6: I'm not going to go after music, the you know, the hottest guy and the dating profile because I just don't need this kind of headache. I mean, I like you, Tony, but you're just too attractive for what I'm looking for right now.
Speaker 5: I have not the competition.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we've heard that one on the second date update before dating.
Speaker 5: This is the most ridiculous response. I was not expecting that at all.
Speaker 4: Why convince her that you're not as attractive as she thinks you are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have no idea, Gemma. By the way, this never happens to me. Like if I'm out with my friends, no girls are approaching me.
Speaker 4: I'm usually repulse women.
Speaker 2: Like me brushing my teeth and washing my face.
Speaker 6: But again, the girl magnet and your friends just repelled them.
Speaker 7: Okay, great, so he hasn't convinced you that he's ugly enough.
Speaker 6: I've been with him in person. He's cute, he knows he's cute, and he's not going to get any less cute.
Speaker 4: Well, tony, you started with one woman on a date, landed two more, and now you've ended up with zero because you're too attractive.
Speaker 3: Now that's boy
Speaker 1: Maticulous brooking Jeffrey in the morning,