Speaker 1: I think I'm just too old to commit to smoke coming up in the ring and guys getting scared. I just not to say I wouldn't do it if I didn't have my own thing, because I still think it's cool for the other audiences. It's just not it doesn't fly for It just doesn't fly for me anymore.
Speaker 2: Now your mate event, introducing the hosts Wrestling Win, Freddy, Jef, Die Panda for Ready, Prince Junior.
Speaker 3: What's up everybody?
Speaker 1: Welcome back to a brand new episode of WWF. Don't sue us, Panda Bear, We'll have beef with me as always is a great Jeff. I I'm Freddy Brinz Junior. Let's start the damn show. Jeff Gonther has arrived, Yes with music with Lou Big his his presenter and a damn fine professional wrestler in his own right, demanding your adulation and all your respect and everything else that he demands. He's very demanding. And then Gunther comes out and this dude, it's weird man, because like, I think he's good on the mic, but sometimes I'm like, I'm not sure. I think his wrestling to me feels more AEW than WWE and then other times I'm like, man, I'm not sure. All I know is he is the baddest ass there is and he's got people booing him, even though some still cheer. He's got people booing him. And there's only one other wrestler that is getting like genuine booze from people in the business right now, and not like the staged ones where they go where Cody Rhoades cuts a promo and says the name Solo Sicoa and they'll go boom. That doesn't count. But the only other one is MJF the one that everyone loves, but they'll still boom because he knows how to to do something that just makes you not like him, right, Like he'll steal a kid's soda and drink it right in front of him. I hope they give him merch or something after that. They better hook these these poor people up. The gets better, do you think, Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then he leave it to that father to have to explain to him, well, he's a bad guy. He's a bad guy, honey, you know, like you have to teach him like, hey, that's how that works.
Speaker 1: That's so mean dude. All right, So goother comes out and he cuts his promo that he does every week where he kind of looks down his nose at the people, even the ones that are cheering him, and it's like, yeah, that's right, you fucking cheer them, goonther. And he's got this very sort of arrogant attitude and I freaking love him, and out comes Randall Orton as Christians called him Randall and then lost the title to him. Randy Orton is two hundred and ninety pounds, Jeff. He he looks better at whatever age he is than he has ever looked in his entire freaking career or whatever he's eating, I want to eat. And he came out and he challenged Iman. Some people I guess online we're like, will you SmackDown? Da? Da da? I wouldn't get too mad at this one and jump in whenever you want, dude. They have unfinished business because of King of the Ring and the and the shady pin that got counted as a as a fall which shouldn't have been a fall because orton shoulders weren't to the mat. And then secondly, just on a business side of it, SmackDown's rather full at the moment with Roman Reigns coming back and Cody is the champion, so he is the storyline. Now he's no longer the story. He is the story. He doesn't have one. We'll get into SmackDown later. But Randy came out and I liked that he challenged for it. I think it's gonna be an amazing match. We'll give predictions for Bash in Berlin and make y'all some money. Y'all already know Guntha gonna win, is gonna win. You can take that to the damn bank. And yeah, I've I love Randy Orton more than Gunther. Randy Orton is the guy that hit me with that modified backbreaker, which is the son of a bitch move. But he's badass man, and I love seeing him being healthy enough to wrestle. And I don't think he cares whether he wins a title or not. I think he just wants to tell good stories and do what he fucking loves for as much longer as he can do it. And they're gonna give us an awesome match. But you were hyped for this, dude, right, You love Randy Orton?
Speaker 3: Good? Ready? Both these dudes and also a few things before I get to that one. I don't think he want to eat what he eats. This dude must only be eating Brett chicken breast and white rice. This dude is. That's what I will shout you life. Forton looks better right now than he looking good. Randy Orton looks better right now that I would argue ever in his career. He looks like a just like a man like. It's the right amount of muscle, the right amount of size. He doesn't look stiff. For a lot of wrestlers that have wrestled their entire lives that are at his age are much stiffer than he is. He looks loose, he looks good. I'll make this quickly about me for one second. I'm wearing my Cardinals hat.
Speaker 1: Oh you're very Randy Orton right now you pass.
Speaker 3: I threw a first pitch for the Saint Louis Cardinals, and it was supposed to be me and Randy Orton throwing the first pitch because it was WWE Knight at the Bush Stadium in Saint Louis. But so I was all excited to meet Randy. I was like, Oh, this is gonna be cool. I'll get to brag about Freddy Prince Junior and me and whatever. Well, there was some sort of scheduling hiccup. Wwe had like a little bit of a scheduling hiccup, so Randy Orton couldn't make it. So I threw the first pitch for ww Knight at Bush Stadium, and then Randy Orton threw the first pitch for the night after w w E Knight at the Cardinals game, which is so unusual?
Speaker 1: Was that the first time you threw a pitch there.
Speaker 3: For the Cardinals? Yeah, that's my first So.
Speaker 1: Which ballp How many is that? Now? How many ball.
Speaker 3: That's twenty one major league first pitches.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get there, dude, you're gonna For those who don't know, Jeff is on a journey to throw out an opening pitch in every major league ballpark in the country, and I guess in Canada as well. Have you done Toronto yet?
Speaker 3: I'm doing Toronto next week, I'm doing Cleveland tomorrow. Yes, it's pretty cool. But what is cool? Because I d M Randy and then we started talking back and forth mouse like, yeah, he's really cool, and so we've been in a connection anyways, So enough about Jeff Dock this goonther Randy orton Field, I think could be really really good one because both of these guys are amazing. But two, Gunther is on the uh you know, like we're all getting to know Gunther or Goonther, we're all getting to like see him. He's like he's growing. So to have like an experienced guy like Randy put him over and like I would believe in this feud. It's good. Also, Gooth on the mic feels old school.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling you he's better than you think. Like halfway through the promo, you're like, dude, this is a really good promo. And I think it's just the language and the language barrier in the accent. But he communicates so well. He probably speaks more than two languages, and he's just hyper smart. But once you start listening to what he says, it really sounds good. Like here's the difference. He has to tell the perfect story because of the accent and language barrier that a lot of Americans like me probably have an issue with, Whereas La and Knight could give you a Derek Jeter type promo where he says nothing and just a few things that he says get such responses because we love him so much. But they're completely opposite promos. Goother's telling you everything. He's teaching you who he is, what he's about, what his opponents are about. Like he'll let you know. Damian Priest didn't get to tell you who Damian Priest was until after Goonther tried to define him, and then his promo was the response to that. And so when you can tell stories like that on the mic, you're a high level promo artist. And I think it's time that all of us you already did, but me and the rest of us, give him his flowers as well. I wish I knew how to say flowers in German. I would have even said that ours. You don't know how to say it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was Russian. I think I think you're English with a Russian accent. I'm terrible.
Speaker 1: CM punk Jeff and Drew McIntyre fighting for the WWE bracelet. I will not demean this feud by saying what other people have very comically said, which was actually funny, dudere they fighting over a bracelet, which kind of like minimizes what are we doing at the heart of it, That's what it is. It's kind of funny. But these two guys are like Drew McIntyre's in his prime. No one's going to argue Punk still in his prime. He's in his promo prime. Still that doesn't go away. But he's in a stage of it at in his career where it's going to be more about the stories and hopefully getting other people over. Although I do think he deserves a win in this, in this rivalry that they're gonna have, but he doesn't care about anything but what that bracelet symbolizes his two loves, his wife and his dog. I have a friend who just lost a dog. It damn near broke him. The last dog that I lost to cancer. She was the best girl ever. That broke my whole family. So when I see see him Punk going after, I'm like, yeah, kid, his sassinn do it for Larry.
Speaker 3: That son of a bitch has Larry. I totally get it.
Speaker 1: I understand if other people don't. They're going to talk about another storyline here in a minute that other people are into, but I just don't think I'm the right audience for it.
Speaker 3: But this totally has me.
Speaker 1: I want him to get the bracelet back for the honor of his dog and for his wife and I can't wait for him to do it. I think the next match Punk will get to win, or maybe it'll go two in a row for Drew and one more for Punk at WrestleMania or something. I don't know how they're gonna do it. Don't take my bets on this one just yet, but yeah, man, I love this story. He called out Drew. Seth came out and addressed as Seth dresses, and Drew came out and interrupted them before they could fistfight.
Speaker 3: Just TOI coff Man saw the bracelet.
Speaker 1: He's like, give me back my bracelet, and he ran out after him, and then Jeff's favorite guy came out, Bronson Reid and Jeff you can take it away if you want, or I will describe the destruction.
Speaker 3: He annihilated Seth rawlins and not just annihilator. Annihilating isn't enough of a word. I also like the security couldn't do anything. The backstaff, the old guy, the old guard, they all came out and all they did is barked and yelled at him and Bronson he's like, shut up, I'm a giant. I'm gonna keep splashing him from the top rope. And just when you think I'm done, I'm going to do another one. They splashed him so many times, his real injury became a k fab injury over and over and over because Bronson Reid splashed the crap out of him. It was one of my favorite moments in recent history. Plus, I love Bronsonbory. He's such a beast, so it's cool that they let him get the get the hurt and done. For sure. I will say that about the cm punk briefly about this this whole bracelet thing. My friend's Kyle and Ashley just lost their dog this week and they are devastated over so rest in peace to Kona. So the dog love is a real thing, and I think not to I think also it hurts a little more when you don't have kids, like your dog is your kid.
Speaker 1: To get that, I don't get mad. And when they say, oh, this is my baby, I'm like, you're not a real parent. No, I totally get it.
Speaker 3: And cmpunk and his wife don't have kids either, Like that was a that was Cmpunk's dog, you know it, it was his baby. So it's it's a big deal and it hurts. So I kind of liked that they've incorporated that Plus, I kudos to the WWE. Just when you thought they couldn't add any more championship belts or scraps or whatever you want to call it, they add a bracelet that we're fighting over. They add a necklace for the tribal chief to fight over. You find a way to add more things to fight over, and I love that. So I love this story. I love how they've creatively. I'm gonna give some seth Rowlins some some rest by creatively just making it look like Bronson reads a beast and splashed the hell out of them. So I was very happy with this segment.
Speaker 1: This part of the segment, no more interesting clothes for a while, seth Rawlins recuperates and gets a whole new wardrobe sewn and tailor made for him, some baggy, some tight, some glittery, some shiny.
Speaker 3: Well, that part, I'll be honest about. I hate his clothes. Whatever closet seth Rawlins shop, and what prop closet seth Rawlins Nobody week is terrible.
Speaker 1: Nobody's like, yeah, let me see what's what's going on this week? No, They're like, come on, man, moving on to the Wyat six And I'll give them this they've given a real reason, an organic reason to believe in a supernatural story. The motivation is, I believe, pure and intentional, and it's the memory of someone that not only do we all love, but they all loved and knew and knew and had experiences with. And I think they've done a wonderful job with that. I can't say that attraction wrestling is still that I'm the demographic that is attracted to attraction wrestling, right like I think the Undertaker and Bray were the last two that I could really believe in, And at forty eight years old, it's just a little harder for me to jump on board with this. That's not saying they're doing a bad job.
Speaker 3: I think the job they're.
Speaker 1: Doing is really really commendable, and the performances they've gotten out of Bow and a couple of the others has been.
Speaker 3: Really just beautiful. Beautiful to see.
Speaker 1: Eric Rowan shed tears and a man that big like share pain like that and you know it's real pain. And for the ones that aren't as comfortable on the mind, they've done a great job with editing and protecting those performances and still letting you know that there was a connection there somehow right through. If it wasn't through Bray, it was then through Bow. So I think they've done a good job with everything. I just I think I'm just too old to commit to smoke coming up in the ring and guys getting scared. I just not to say I wouldn't do it if I didn't have my own thing, because I still think it's cool for the other audiences. It's just not it doesn't fly for It just doesn't fly for me anymore. Like I remember seeing Ray Mysterio get scared when the Undertaker came out, and I feel like that's the last guy that I believed in when I went, oh, I'm so scared. You know, here comes the smoke and the fire.
Speaker 3: And that was a long time ago too, because it was a long time ago. He became a biker and then he became you know, he was he was doing. And I think towards the end they kind of scrapped a lot of the paranormal Undertaker stuff.
Speaker 1: Most of it, most of it, yeah, most.
Speaker 3: It was mostly an entrance. It was nothing, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I wonder if if I even saw that kind of an entrance today, which they sort of do with the WIAE six if I feel the same way, I think I would, but they're doing it. You, on the other hand, you like it.
Speaker 3: You can find me to be a hypocrite about this because there are times when I it has to be done really well for me to like it. Like when Matt Hardy is time traveling through soda pop machines, I'm going, what are we doing? Or if there's a guy like or just like any I don't know what the wrestling term would be for, but like when Orange Cassidy is, you know, got his hands in his pocket, I'm thinking, just clothesline his head.
Speaker 1: Off of his body, like sometimes he gets clotheslined. I learned a lot sometimes I was with you originally, but I've learned to love Orange Cassi.
Speaker 3: Well, I still like Orange Cassi, but I'm saying, there's sometimes where you're going, why why are we playing along with this kind of thing? So I yeah, it's definitely done really well. You know Finn balor only winning as the or never losing as the Demon is another kind of thing. Okay, there's one that I forgot about.
Speaker 1: I like the Demon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there are these things. I was a huge undertaker and Cane guy. Both of those had this real k fabe, you know, storylines, but I think the Wyat six is they're doing it beautifully. And also I'm just so in love with bray Wyatt and all all the things bray Wyatt used to do that anything that is similar, I'm going, yes, give me morganve me more. I'm so I really really really like it, but also I'm really really really biased.
Speaker 1: So so moving over to SmackDown, Cody is the world champion and there's nobody that's been groomed to be the next sort of heel coming after him. So what does the champion do. He selects his opponent, and he selects some that he feels is incredibly deserving, someone who's still on SmackDown, because it could have been Randy, but Randy's gonna go after Kunther. Kevin's always had his back. And Cody's promo gets interrupted by Solo and Cody kind of chews him up and spits him out a bit, and we got to say this, freakin' Jacob Fatu got genuinely hurt, and I think everyone was worried that it was a genuine one, and I think now it's confirmed that it is, and that just sucks balls. I love that dude. So they called him the werewolf. I used to call John Moxley the werewolf, but I totally agree he is the Samoan werewolf for sure. And now we don't get to see him man, and I hope that doesn't didn't screw up their story too much. It didn't seem to, because I believe that A's story going into the next big pay per views is going to be Solo versus Roman and Old Bloodline versus New Bloodline, and we'll get a return of Paul Hayman and these will be our main event matches and the ww Champion will take a bit of a backseat, which is okay. He's still the champ. He's still out selling everybody in their Grandma and the History of the Universe and merch so he's going to remain the champ for quite some time. The ratings are solid with Cody, so he's going to remain the champ for quite some time. But the real story here is so and I know Kevin and Himmel give a great match, but the real story is where where does Roman and Solo go? So that's what I'd like to talk about because I think there's finally an opportunity, Jeff, for something that you've wanted for a long time to finally happen, which is to bring in these outside relatives that have once been in WWF when it was WWF. Now wwe to have them come back and pick sides. Yep, so that you have it's not only a fight for this necklace, it's a fight for like respect among the elders as well, which means the rock could come back, which WI means Rakishi could come back, which means any of the old the old chiefs that are still around could come back. I know he just lost his father, which is which is horrible, but his oun goal is still there, Like all these old schoolers could come and you could have like a real bloodline rules match where it's also an actual battle for the necklace.
Speaker 3: Dude. So also, why not this bro book it do it? Why? Why not why not have the And I know that this would be a quite a leap to make it seem like we were working you guys all the time, the entire time we've you know, like the bloodline is the bloodline. Sure we have our differences, but where united with our blood and you just make this super The blood line two point zero is the same as the bloodline originally, and they just dominate the WW. I would love, love, love, love love to see that. Also, I think Cody's going to do a heel turn. I think I think I don't know if it's soon, I don't know when it's gonna happen. But when it happens, he's good enough and over enough to to pull it off. And I think that he'll be he'll be able to. I think that's something he's always wanted. I think he's always wanted to be the good guy, and now that he is the good guy, I think that we're we're gonna see a twist on that and so so that'd be great. I'd love it.
Speaker 1: You don't think that he's going to be the John Cena for this young generation where he never turns heel? You you think you think they're going to flip the other way.
Speaker 3: I think that they're going to make him flip the other way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll sell way less merchman. And then and also it's.
Speaker 3: Going to break his heart because he's wanted to be the guy his entire life.
Speaker 1: We disagree on now. I think they're gonna he's a cash cow as a babyface. I think they got to keep it like that for a long time. Maybe if he loses the belt to someone and that motivates the turn. But as champion, I can't see him losing. We're going to be better against each other in the near future.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll do great, all right.
Speaker 1: Anything else you want to talk about w W before we finish with a Dubbs that I missed, we could talk l A Knight new Champ.
Speaker 3: I will say La Knight. I was gonna say a thing, Oh, but I don't have a written down. Maybe you can help me. You know Spanish very well. When Escobar came out and did l A. Knight's thing, l and A goes La Night, Yeah, and he goes esk go bar see. Mainly so happy they got laughed harder in a wrestling thing in years. I love it, but this made me and I hope he keeps doing that because it's really funny. I loved that. I love that he stole this thing.
Speaker 1: I think it could eventually even get over as long as he stays committed to it. They had an awesome match. By the way, Andrada and Escobar. I wish there was more of a story behind it. Maybe they could use this as the beginning of a story. After La Knight retains his championship against Santos Escobar because they're not taking it off. L A Knight, that's that's a lock bet. But yeah, man, Escobar and Androdia put on a hell of a match. There was double interference from Carmelo and this chick Electro Lopez, who comes out with Escobar. SHEI rolls with him, and Andrede had to lose, which sucked bad. I hate seeing Andrede lose, but the bad guys sometimes have to win, and I like when they do so A dubs, y'all, A Dubbs. The only other heel besides gunth that's able to generate what seems like real hate is MJF and he changed the championship from the International to the American Championship. He came out in the Lex Luger Lex Express gear. He's really selling this anti England thing big and I hope he goes even deeper with it. I can't wait for the promo he's gonna cut in London when they have this match. Before the match, and then will lospray comes out to shut him up and beat his freaking ass. You don't talk trash to my people. But yeah, man, they're setting this up nice. This is the best match getting set up by far. The Brian Danielson story is a hard warming story, but I don't feel like he can win. He's yet because his contracts up and he's not gonna be like a full time guy, so he.
Speaker 3: Needs next surgery before the end of the year, and we're coming up on the end of the year, so there's just chances.
Speaker 1: So that's a hard one to go. Yeah, it's the Jim Connors nineteen eighties Wimbledon story. Like here, he goes toward towards the end, ken he do it and it'll sadly end the way Jim Connors did, or he was not able to pull it off.
Speaker 3: So it's okay.
Speaker 1: Some stories can be tragedies, which is cool. It's very Shakespearean and I think Brian'll make it as such. But it's harder to get behind that because I don't think anybody believes he can win.
Speaker 3: Go Ahead. Wrestling wrestling fans shed no tears when a wrestler tells you, oh, I can't wrestle anymore. Or it's over, or here's my boots, or I need to give you the championship because I can't do it more. Don't you shed one little cute wrestling tier. Because they go nowhere, you're still gonna see him week to week in a different position. They'll become the g or a manager, or they'll become a you know, you'll see them there. Brian Danison is going nowhere. Even if he doesn't wrestle, he will be right there with you for the rest of your life, trust me. So that's one thing. It will be sad to not get to see him wrestle after, you know, once he retires, but he'll be around. Look, we still got Rick Flair every day on your social media showing, you know, videos to manga McMichael. That's a different thing. But the point is wrestlers don't go I saw that. Don't be sad.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen. If you'd like to leave us a listener review, whether they're nice or mean, I'll read them on the air. That's the only update that you get on it. Stay tuned for our unsanctioned Thursday. We're bringing in another independent talent, this one a little deeper into the business because not only did he wrestle, but he now teaches the people with dreams how to wrestle. We're bringing Danny Cage for unsanctioned Thursdays. We'll get into that interview and a whole lot more. Thanks for tuning in, you guys on behalf of Jeff, I'm Freddy Prince Junior and I said all that in one breath peace. This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.