Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Clubs. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters.
Speaker 2: At the Star.
Speaker 1: Now your hosts Barry Church, Anthony dor Set, De Montree More and Newly Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Here we are Players Lounge on a Tuesday, the Players Day off. We are here at the Star, and Frisco guy Anthony dor Set got Trey Moore on new He scrugs and at some point in time Barry Church will come in.
Speaker 2: Listen you know, so yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, yeah, so, so Church is vacant, vacant, but you know we're going to start the show anyway.
Speaker 2: Do that.
Speaker 3: The Washington Commanders lost last night, said the Dallas Cowboys remain in second place in the nfcast.
Speaker 2: How about that? How about that.
Speaker 5: They always get the fortunate.
Speaker 6: Being so fortunate to being in such a weak division from time to time, you know what I mean? And unfortunately, like you said, the Commanders lost lash.
Speaker 2: Who did you pick last night? Trey went with Washington to win twenty eight to twenty one.
Speaker 7: You thought that was funny?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I want the Manders, I thought, Marioto was gonna give me a little luck like he did last time, but it didn't work out that way. You know, I gotta, I gotta, I do the difficult, stride for the impossible and coming back in this little race right now.
Speaker 7: It's very's this mindset.
Speaker 2: It's over.
Speaker 7: It's not over. The picks over, keep playing, what do you say? Keep playing? It's over.
Speaker 3: But hey, I'm glad you're here, all righty guest speaking of here. Barry Church is now founded. They into the studio, sitting down right now. My fear was that you might have got popped by the pope.
Speaker 2: New era man.
Speaker 3: Right let you trying to be like Clearance here?
Speaker 8: Why looking for you? How come you get to wear that? This is nothing? This is it ain't new error nothing, this is the rival. So I can't you know that's ride break down.
Speaker 3: Bring that brand up, bring that you can't wear your hat man stops, get out of me.
Speaker 7: You ain't gonna get called me what they say? Know what you can do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Over the Derek understands what this is.
Speaker 7: We're not doing that.
Speaker 4: We're not doing that right there, audience. I know we have all this Greek unity and slender but I'm gonna tell you, I like this I'm having to talk with Well, if he get away with this hat, I'm bringing mind, it's.
Speaker 5: Some favoritism fight. I've never seen it.
Speaker 7: Man, I'm telling you we all nineteen eleven. Well you just snitched.
Speaker 3: I mean, it can't beat them like that when you tell me, tell him how that that that shirt.
Speaker 2: You're wearing right there, you look like that white got mixed in a little bit. But man, that got crazy. Who watched that? Hodd?
Speaker 7: It did? My son? My son?
Speaker 3: Just I mean's tell the truth right now. This shirt you're wearing right now, you know that White's tell the truth. You see it, You see the color.
Speaker 2: Is not right. Were talking about the white on there, the white on.
Speaker 7: There, it's not white.
Speaker 2: It's not white no more.
Speaker 4: My son, My son is six years old. Man, he's he's been excited. He's like, hey, mommy, I want to help. I want to do laundry. And so in the laundry power with the cleaners. Of course he threw everything in there, and so yeah, my shirt got a little you know, hey.
Speaker 5: Man, but it don't matter how old is your son.
Speaker 4: He wanted he was over there really trying to get it.
Speaker 7: He made me bad.
Speaker 2: If I'm not letting, I'm just gonna let it take the round for your six year old? What I'm gonna do that for you're talking about I like to look.
Speaker 4: Good exactly, you better watch out. My wife is a a k An. That's when I get the picking girl. So it goes both ways. I'm not tripping. Hey, I got many of I tried to be a k Yes, I did know you didn't know you did not? Yes, I did try to be their only brother.
Speaker 9: Pittsburgh. You know, yeah, he relaxed real quick question.
Speaker 10: Sure, but you know it's way off topic. We've been off topic, dude. You guys you've lived in Texas for a long time. You've lived in different three different times. Worn raise I have When you're driving on the highways, do they not teach down here that the left lane, the far left lane is the you know, the passing lane, the lane that you're you know, going a little faster and than the rest of the lanes. Because it felt like every time I'm driving, you know, here comes this, Why are you in the left lane? You if you cruising ten below? It just happens all the time. I don't know when you're late like you were trying to get down the street.
Speaker 2: And you mad and everybody and going.
Speaker 3: Down I'm telling you where you were going church. They were popping people for tickets. I didn't see a couple of casts people would tickets. You got to know when they're popping for tickets and people gonna try and get a little slow for a minute. Because at that point where we were at over there by that little mall they were, they were there was some further up.
Speaker 4: Three about to say, you don't. First of all, everybody knows everybody speeds in Texas.
Speaker 7: Open away.
Speaker 4: If somebody's going slow in that far lane. It's very rare that somebody's messing up. But majority of the time the cops is over there. So you need to be what you say, warning comes before destruction's lucky man.
Speaker 2: And then your head on the swivel.
Speaker 3: Today man said you you just left a little I know what you did.
Speaker 2: And it was a little bottleneck too.
Speaker 3: I felt for you, man, but I heard I was I know what happened to him, Man, popo out here a little bottleneck and then yeah, got.
Speaker 2: To get oh yeah, that's what you know, they're coming.
Speaker 3: You need to you need to just leave a little early. Tomorrow man, I got you tomorrow man. That's all good. Okay, Okay, So we were talking about the Commanders losing to the Cowboys or second.
Speaker 2: Place, second place Cowboys, and here's a good thing. Okay, we go, it's a good thing.
Speaker 3: What makes it so good They got a losing team coming to town and that's what that's who the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Can beat these days.
Speaker 10: Wows possibly ever heard you.
Speaker 4: Ever heard like a backhanded comment like, hey, how's that little job you got over? There?
Speaker 7: Ain't nothing a little about my job? Is he said? He said? That got.
Speaker 4: He said. A losing team is covered and that's the only But it's a it's a harsh truth, is urt you.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they're losing squad.
Speaker 10: But then you know news because you know Callamary is coming back this week, you know, and he hasn't lost in Texas.
Speaker 2: I don't even win the last time.
Speaker 5: Life and a lost right.
Speaker 3: If but if it's if, it's gonna happen. This is the time. This is the time. Okay, you're coming back from injury. It could be a little rusty. They're too INTI and this you you have to win this game, cowboy. You're back home. So they play well at home. You've been embarrassed. You know, one more time, crack got cracked, got cracked up. I mean one hundred and seventy nine rushing yards the Denver Broncos had on the average one.
Speaker 2: Six point four.
Speaker 3: So it seems like, you know, like the Chicago gotta watch you get beat down, we gotta talk about you.
Speaker 2: Then you're gonna rise up. But this is the kind of team they beat.
Speaker 5: This is numbers on them.
Speaker 7: Can we can we let's go, let's go to those get for you.
Speaker 2: Here's a number.
Speaker 3: I guy got beat by Tennessee though they did, but it double didn't lead.
Speaker 10: That's why my boy fumbled across the gold line. Yeah yeah, but you know, but I will say this about Arizona. They do fight. They do fight each and every week. And when you look at the losses they've had, they lost with five in a row. I believe I think the largest margin of you know, their loss was maybe three, three, four five points. So like they're in these ball games each and every one. They don't know how to finish and they don't know how to you know, close out and get the W. Which is good for Dallas Cowboys. But this is a team where you can't just hey man, we got this.
Speaker 2: They gonna fight you, man.
Speaker 4: That's arguably be said about the Cowboys as well.
Speaker 7: And not finishing anything.
Speaker 2: It's the truth, that's true.
Speaker 3: The Packers beat them twenty seven twenty three, then the Colts beat them thirty one twenty seven. The game were stayed, they were in control the Titans, and they lost the Titans twenty two twenty one. They had to lead there, lost to Seattle twenty three to twenty point game.
Speaker 6: They gonna fight, but they James Connor with that running back, but he's he got her early season. He is one of the leaders of that team.
Speaker 3: Lost to the forty nine Ers sixteen fifteen. All good team lost to the Panthers twenty sev twenty two. What I'm saying they lost to Kellen Moore in the Saints twenty twenty thirteen. Dog so so he won't fight you. But they're losing team, so like they don't know how to close the shit.
Speaker 2: That's fact. The Cowboys at home, they score they score more points at home. You get you can't lose this one.
Speaker 10: Like last week against Denver, I would say that they got out coach, out play and the talent you just saw the gap between Denver and the Dallas Cowboys. The depth that Denver had to be able to lose the defensive player of the Year and still be able to lock down on the outside like the talent. You know, gap between those two teams was was massive when you saw it out there, you know, an unfold.
Speaker 2: But this is a game where I gotta say, you gotta be the more talented team, at least offense.
Speaker 10: You you you you leaps and bounds above what Arizona got over there. So this is you've gotta Yeah, offensively, they're leaps and bounds better than what the downs.
Speaker 7: Over overall team wise, though.
Speaker 6: Overall team, the defense is like going to you know, Arizona averages twenty two points a game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the defense is always going to affect the Cowboys average.
Speaker 2: Ye actually be what has.
Speaker 7: Been the Cowboys kryptonite this whole year.
Speaker 2: Everything the defense.
Speaker 4: But when the mobile quarterback, we're talking about another mobile quarterback, and not just any mobile quarterback. We're not talking about somebody that's Caleb Williams getting into the folk. We're talking about established pretty good when he's firing. He's one of the top guys when he's being affective when he's effective on the run and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: Effective this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that he's good like he has Okay, he has his moments of when Kyler's playing at his best. Would you not say that some people have him as a in the top half of quarterbacks if you said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I put him around and so with four fifteen.
Speaker 4: So fourteen to fifteen if he's hitting on all cylinders, maybe a little bit higher. But with that being said, you have a Cowboys defense the struggles on keep a contained on the run that has struggled against multiple mobile quarterbacks, like they revived Russell Wilson's career, Like his best game this season before he got he lost his job was against them. So now when you're coming in with a Kyler Murray that's coming off of injury, never lost here and talking about, hey, the Cowboys are going to get people that fluff game where it's like, hey, you're back into the fold. Oh, Kylamaray and the Cardinals are doing things now.
Speaker 5: Hey, Martin Harrison Junior had a big game.
Speaker 10: Yet he played well a couple of games. Yeah, he played well on a couple of well, but not not he ain't he ain't doing with pickings or anybody.
Speaker 4: But he's still But this could be the ga he comes out because you know, the Cowboys always let receivers come out here and do their things. The league neighbors Marcus Golden, like, you got these guys that are coming out here that are establishing themselves. So I hope this isn't the Marvin hair this game where we say, hey, this is why you were top five pick.
Speaker 10: And it's not only Harrison man, you got a Tray McBride, to me, is the biggest threat they got.
Speaker 2: Offensively from from a now here.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing about McBride right now, they're leading receiver, but he got his numbers, most of his numbers while Murray was out. So the other quarterbacks have been getting in the ball. And as far as Marvin Harrison goes, here's a guy taking top five in the Dragon got one touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had the drops early on this season for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean you're talking about games with San Francisco three catches, Seattle six catches, Tennessee four catches, Indianapolis two catches, Green Bay two catches.
Speaker 2: Dude, this is this is brother.
Speaker 4: It's scary, but like you brought up everybody always had the coming out party against Like, hey, I'm here now, career high. You got you got Rico coming there here saying career high.
Speaker 7: Somebody had a career high last week.
Speaker 10: Uh, rookie had another rookie.
Speaker 4: Like, these young guys are coming out and establishing themselves. So for me, yeah, I'm not really as much worried about what Marvin can do. I'm more so worried about that man that's undefeated in at And but you're.
Speaker 10: You're also not dealing with a Denver defense, like a good team. Yeah, like like Denver had that team, they can put complimentary football offense, defense can smother you, Arizona's not that you.
Speaker 6: Said something a little bit ago and like you said that Denver basically, well it sounded like you were saying Denver had a better offense than the Cowboys, and like when you go man for man, I can't say that that's actually the truth. Besides, exactly had a much better game plan. Now structurally going into this game on paper, Okay, who looks like they have the better team the Cowboys we already know on offense, See like they got the most talent on offense, all right, now, is it going to be a situation where through schematics and through play calling, they play themselves out the game, you know. And and then when we look at the defense right now as we're trying to figure things out, and and and this is one thing I wanted to because I asked you about the twenty two he.
Speaker 7: Got AI.
Speaker 6: Based off what we've seen on as far as with the defense goes. You know, the communication, and man is one thingy because there's not a whole lot of communication there. We know that, all right, But what we're seeing is this lack of communication in the zone courages, guys not getting to the proper depths, and drops not not being in the proper place, and in like what curled the flatter or zone drops or whatever the case may be. So you know, we're hoping that whatever communication has has to change, you know, and we've already heard it's changed one time or two times already. But structurally, something has to get better. Like this week we talked in the chat about Flues and him being able to return. It has to be a to make sense at the end of the day, even at the end of the season, we keep giving up one hundred and fifty yards every game rushing and then over three hundred yards passing. I understand that you know he doesn't have the, as we say, the tools to make everything happen, but at some point in time, like I don't know if I could be decordinator, but I think I could structure some things around the talent that I do have and try to make some changes.
Speaker 5: And that hasn't happened.
Speaker 10: And to me, what he needs is he gotta find and you would think you would find this out off season and training camera. He gotta find it like a quarterback of that defense because, like you said, the communication issues. It's like when you don't know too much about the defense, so you're afraid to speak up and say, may I don't want to make the wrong call.
Speaker 5: And then you're thinking that you're playing anywhere.
Speaker 10: Exactly like man am I supposed to this. You gotta find and we talked about this early on. I know you don't may not have that out for that dog leadership, but you gotta find a quarterback of that that defense that can get everybody at least on the same page.
Speaker 2: If you're all wrong, you're all right wrong.
Speaker 10: But if half of it, you know, defenses playing cover two the other half is playing. Man, that's when these explosive stuff happen. You got to be on the same page. And right now, I don't know who that player could be for this team. That could be that quarterback with so many moving pieces of people being in and out and hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: All the time that he's had.
Speaker 2: Let's get a break in here, get break in here, Kyler m.
Speaker 3: All of duty got a foot problem. So let's see how I come believe with that. We had questions about Matt flu here. Jerry Jones spoke on the defense today.
Speaker 7: On the radio.
Speaker 3: Doctors, how about with you three defensive players?
Speaker 2: Do that next?
Speaker 3: Right here on the Players was brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Jeeves, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Hey their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 12: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gambl e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 13: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys to drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys Collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what is means to be your own Boss. Just in time for kickoff. Gear up and standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Huego, Boss dot com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 12: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 2: Back to the players Loud.
Speaker 4: The IndyCar Grand Prix Arlington. It's coming in March thirteen through the fifteenth, twenty twenty six garaup for a full weekend of world class racing entertainment through the streets of Arlington.
Speaker 7: Yes you heard that, ag Town. Yes.
Speaker 4: Tickets are available now at SeatGeek dot com.
Speaker 7: Go get George to Day. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thank you, tray Man.
Speaker 5: Tray were a great voiceover for you, excell.
Speaker 2: You on some anime or something.
Speaker 7: Man you do, man know, the more you can do.
Speaker 3: Appreciating Barry Church, Matrey Moore, Anthony dor Set three, former NFL defensive players on New he scruggs, this is the players latch, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. When it comes to the defense, Jerry Jones on his radio show I Won to five three to Fan Today said, quote, it's not as bad as it looks, but it also has a lot of room for improvement for us to be where we want to.
Speaker 2: Be on defense, you room for improvement. So, guys, is it as bad as it looks?
Speaker 7: He says?
Speaker 2: Jerry says, no, it's not as bad as you think it is.
Speaker 3: The Broncos giving getting one hundred and seventy nine yards on twenty eight carries averaging six point four yards carry R. J.
Speaker 2: Harvey with you know, career hides and touchdowns. JK. Dobbins Rising from the Dead fifteen.
Speaker 3: Carries one hundred eleven yards, averaging seven point four yards of tote boat Nickson threw an interception on his first ride, ended up with four touchdowns on just nineteen completions.
Speaker 7: It's the way you read it that makes it sound so horrible.
Speaker 5: Four toshdowns on nineteen completions.
Speaker 2: That's talking about efficient. What you up.
Speaker 3: Or, as Trey says, get busy.
Speaker 10: He was getting busy but this defense does look as bad as it as it looks on tape, because when you look at it defensively, you can't give offenses both ways. Like you got to be able to shut down something, take something, take something away. And what we've seen so far from this defense is you can get him with the pass, you can get him with the run. And that makes it impossible to play defensive National Football League, like you got to go into each and every game saying, all right, we're gonna take this fastt away from the offense.
Speaker 2: They might be able to burn us with the other one, but you're.
Speaker 10: Not gonna rush for two hundred or you're not gonna throw for three to fifty. The Cats have been able to do both things against the Dallas Cowboys this entire season, and when you look at it, it's not like, man, you know they're putting up a fight. Look, man, we're seeing guys wide open for ten yards separation.
Speaker 2: You know, we're seeing mental errors.
Speaker 10: We're seeing coverage bus left and right, guys not you know, fitting up the run responsibility.
Speaker 2: And this is week going on with we ate. I mean it's week nine.
Speaker 3: It's like, man, this looks bad. Man, well, this looks bad. Jerry also said this talking about the past rush group. Quote in terms of numbers, in terms of players that can rush the passer, we've got the best numbers we've had.
Speaker 2: Hold On what since when?
Speaker 7: Hold on? He said?
Speaker 14: Who?
Speaker 2: He said?
Speaker 3: Quote in terms of numbers, in terms of players that can rush the passer, We've got the best numbers that we've had. Bo Knicks was not sacked on Sunday.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm trying to figure out when is he taking the best numbers they had since win?
Speaker 2: Just people designated the rust of pass and I gotta.
Speaker 6: Be today the only way with that Jedi mind trick.
Speaker 5: Don't believe your lying eyes. Just listen to what I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: The only reason that he can even come close to sing that is as a whole that everybody has a sack on this D line versus where it used to be only maybe Michael Parson and maybe one other person had a sack, and then you didn't have that because you have more than four guys that have a sack. So maybe he's trying to say that, but those numbers are not there. Like I would rather take Michael Parson being top three, top five in the in the NFL in sacks versus one sack here, one sack here, three point five sacks, like, don't stop taking more of victories Like that's what I hate when we come out here and we say, oh, we're doing this and doing that, Like, no, you're not. That's a moral victory. You're talking about those numbers are there? This defense is atrocious. Now in that same regard, if you saying that you're it's not as bad, you know how it is as defensive player, what is that saying that coaches always say it's never as bad and it's never as good. Let's go in here, watch the film and do that. With that being said, it is technique error. And with those techniques you can fix that real quick to where you say, hey, we're right there. But when you're consistently having those technique errors, that's when it's like, hey, it's no longer a little problem. That little problem of that boat has flooded everything and it's just something as simple as them running acrossing route. And then you see the inside line, the nickelback bumping off with the outside corner right there, and you have somebody wide open. Yes, it looks like he's wide open. But that was just simply you having bad eyes. But when you got to fix these little details, so instead of saying, hey we're one play away, say that we're consistently bad technique away. Like don't sit there and try to say, hey, it's.
Speaker 5: That trays right.
Speaker 6: You know, Technique stuff is things that and then unfortunately, like to honesty, to get to that technique and everybody out there who's never been inside the locker room or been on the team before, you only get so many, so many hours throughout the course of the week to wrap certain things to rep your defense. And so with that and then having scheme problems and communication problems and everything elseide that there's no time and structurally for the people to actually work on technique the way that they probably should. And so you're going to continue to have those same bad habits while you're trying to get communication right and scheme right and all this other stuff. And the technique takes the back door to everything.
Speaker 4: And let me ask, y'all, let me lay this up, because I know it's the D line, and I say, hey, it's easy for us to go straight. Eberflu's defense is like this, but I know for us during the off season, we're going we're having the pass rush retreat, We're doing our cross chops and stuff like that. The off season is where it's really at as a dB. And yes, we talked about the past rush, but we've also been talking a lot about the dds. How much do y'all feel that that technique should have been addressed by ebra Flus and what's going on right now? Or should this been something during the summer, Like how Digs wasn't here and it was like, man, maybe if he was in the building, we could have been learning this schematically. If he was here leading the young guys, you could have did that. What do y'all think?
Speaker 5: I definitely think that.
Speaker 6: In Church will tell you once you get to the pros, you're accountable for your own technique, all right, And.
Speaker 5: So depending on what draft you are, a lot.
Speaker 6: Of times you can have bad technique and still get away with certain things as long as you still making plays or you're athletic enough to overcome your bad technique, right. But at the end of the day, yes, you have to work on that stuff in the off season. I mean, like, for example, and we talked about we talked about ag. AG was one of the dudes that if you ever saw his footwork when he played ball, Glenn has some incredible footwork. And there was a point in time where, like in the off season down here in Dallas, where you would have guys like ag because I'm saying, dudes that were like A and M you know what I'm saying, and it was And then you would have Dion and a bunch of other dudes like the start of Mars and all these dudes getting together to go. We would like find a field somewhere and go get that field work in and just work on like your feet, your hips, your trade, your leverage, and just trying different things. That's where you actually going to get to learn if this technique is gonna work compared to a quick step here or false.
Speaker 5: You know, just just a bunch of different stuff.
Speaker 6: And so unfortunately, you know, I, like you said, Diggs was hurt during the offseason, not gonna get a lot of technique work, you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean.
Speaker 6: But the one thing I do know about this, and y'all know this as well as I do, this is the strongest muscle in your body. Okay, you could play mental reps all day. My dad used to tell me all the time, Anthony, visualize yourself playing the game. Visualize yourself playing the game, visualize yourself making plays, and that way, when it actually comes to fruition in the game, it comes like second nature, right, And so you can correct things up here. Your brain doesn't know the difference between the mental and the physical rep So you can play the game up here all day long and fix things to where.
Speaker 5: They actually come to fix when you actually get out on the field.
Speaker 6: It just has to be a conscious effort in that area on a consistent basis to make it happen.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and when you look at it the last time, I'm trying to think about when this secondary, you know, had a guy in there that can that really was technical, technique sound and got the most out of the secondary and player wise to.
Speaker 7: Me was Gilmore.
Speaker 2: You know when he was in here, and.
Speaker 10: You know Diggs was on the opposite side, he's a technique guy, like he wasn't just trying to out athleticism everybody on the football field.
Speaker 2: You know, he went.
Speaker 10: You could tell he was reading the formation, all right, this is coming. He was running the round before the ride receiver was running the round. Because you know, film study and all that I just don't see. And I granted a lot of the people the secondary are hurt right now, a lot of them, But in the beginning of the season and leading up to when they got hurt, you didn't see that. That just communication, not just knowing from this secondary. I mean, it's it's not it's like they're not playing as a unit. It's just like individuals out there. All right, I'm gonna try to do me all here. You know, I don't know how he's gonna play it. When you've been a part of good secondaries and I had the four should to be a part.
Speaker 2: Of a couple of them.
Speaker 10: You know, everybody's strengthen weaknesses. Okay, I know, and cover one, he's gonna lock up. But in that zone he might have his bad eyes a little bit, so maybe I should favor that corner a little bit more. Or at the safety he's he doesn't really, you know, cover good, so I may have to lean towards him as a linebacker to help out a little bit.
Speaker 2: And this one, this is what I'm.
Speaker 10: Seeing so far, and I could be wrong, but what I'm seeing so far is there's just a bunch of individual play and nobody's playing as a unit out there, and that's why you see these explosive players that you see in the paste.
Speaker 4: You give me an example, like who you play with or Okay, so like y'all were able to communicate without communicating.
Speaker 2: Ward Dallas, I think it was the year.
Speaker 10: Year was probably twenty sixteen where clave Borne was playing at an all time high. But we had the Vets myself, Brandon Carr was out there, Orlando Scandrick, like guys who knew the game at from a mental aspect and they can get those mental reps left and right.
Speaker 2: And then when I went to Jacksonville, same thing.
Speaker 7: Boy.
Speaker 2: Now, granted the talent was unbelievable.
Speaker 10: You had Boy, Yeah, you had Ramsey, you had Covin and the so the talent was different.
Speaker 2: Than what they have here.
Speaker 10: But still communication and working as a unit doesn't really You don't really have to be the most talented group. You guys all got to be on the same page. And you don't see that here right now.
Speaker 6: And as a safety and you know this, like I do man like and safeties, we take it serious to be there for our corners, you know what I mean, Like if I tell you I'm gonna be in the deep middle.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be in the deep middle, all right.
Speaker 6: And then so like and I had an opportunity to play with guys like Charles Woodson, Eric Allen and everything like that, and it could be a situation where like down the distance we run in certain coverage and I can let them know, a look, right now, I'm coming down hard on your inside, so make sure you get like over top real quick because I'm jumping this inside route, you know what I'm saying. And that type of communication goes on, you know, like as we're watching film study.
Speaker 5: Too as well throughout the course of the week. Hey man, I'm gonna take that right there.
Speaker 6: So like when we get in the game, remember or are we gonna communicate this and everything else like that.
Speaker 5: So, I mean it goes to say, like.
Speaker 6: The communication is a big part of it, and sometimes, like you said, the communication can override the talent as long as we are able to like get in the situation and understand what we're doing before the play actually starts.
Speaker 3: So the question was asked, do we see Matt Iberflus back here next year. Let's dive into that question next. We'll have different answers on it. On that question when we come back right here, oh, the players lives. This is Dallascowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 12: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem.
Speaker 12: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one.
Speaker 15: Over Life is a workout that Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 2: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 15: Overhead presses, pushing through chess flies, or being the hero You're golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothi King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the gladiator smoothing available in chocolate, strawberry and vanilla only at Smoothie Kid.
Speaker 2: It's Game Day and raising Kames.
Speaker 16: If you want to order like a chanel, it's action off the field.
Speaker 2: You need to focus on.
Speaker 16: The only play you're running is chicken. So what condo are you picking? Make it a perfect season. We've got tailgates of hand battered cooked to order chicken fingers and cane sauce, and jugs of freshly made tea and lemonade, all available.
Speaker 2: To order online are on our app.
Speaker 16: This season is about to be unbeatable, Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers.
Speaker 14: One love, Hey Cowboy fans. Keith Davis here forming Cowboys Savanty.
Speaker 2: Pete Davis Chicks.
Speaker 14: We know what separates Hamptons from the rest. Making the right move at the right movement the blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: That's never been easy.
Speaker 14: The Cowboys became America's team by striking the bowld when it mattered most. Now it's your turn invest like your icubes with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's Blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 4: The countdown to Game Day starts with Rally Days presented by seek enjoint performance from Kat Hasty and other local artists. Get a behind scenes look at the AT and T Stadium, Meet the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and alumni and more. Get your tickets for the next Rally Day on November second. You heard it right, November second at AT and T Stadium dot com slash Rally.
Speaker 3: Days all right, thank you. In the players lines about you by Rescribe Gaming. That is Trey Moorey got, Anthony Dorsett got, Bary three former NFL defensive players a new he scrugs.
Speaker 2: Matt Eberflus was brought up in the chat. Do you see him back next year? I will?
Speaker 5: I want you all to go ahead, becase y'all play for him?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I'll jump it out since I had the luxury of playing for Eberflus here and at for a short stint in Indianapolis, and what I will say, Let's let's take it a step further. Let's forget about eber Flus. We got to remember this is the Dallas Cowboys. We find out every Tuesday what Jerry says, what he thinks, and most likely ninety nine percent of the time is going to happen. He's already said that this man, this is what he wants in a foxhole. When Jerry has his guys, it's been known he's already said that he's going to be out there. And also with that being said, owners GM's majority of the time when they go into situation, they know what they're doing. They like, we said, what's the analogy that you use newly? You have a carpenter, he gotta get his tools. Well, guess what we know that Ebra hasn't been playing with a full day and for him to be his talent grown in locally. I'll give you a example. How many times have people sat here and said, why is killing Moore doing with the things? Besides Barry Berry's the only one that was like, hey, he deserves to be here and earned that right. But time and time again people said, hey, what did you do? How did you do that? Well, what he has done and now we're gonna pivot it a little bit further. It's no longer about Jerry. That's why he'll think he will be there. But schematically wise, it's a fourth three why his system is there when he has a QB of that defense, like you said, it has been it's been effected. When he had a Sean Lee, when he had a Vanderbush, when he was even at Indian and he had a Shaq Leonard that was over there. These guys have shown to go make it. And then he had somebody on that d line that was making it work. You had Stefan Gilmour in the back that was able to coach those people up. But the Forest Buckner d Law that was here. So with all those being said, him not having a full tool deck, him making with all the chaos that's going on from Arson is being traded, to people being on your starters, being on ir and stuff like that, he's making do with what do Now that's a different one.
Speaker 3: Okay, So so you saying, yes you got, I'm with Trey on this one.
Speaker 10: I do believe he'll be back in the in the with the Cowboys because, like Dre said, the carpenter has to have his tools.
Speaker 7: I mean, when we're.
Speaker 10: Looking at it right now, he came in here, I would believe he thought, Okay, I'm going to have parsons, I'm going to have this game record. Well, well you don't have parsons. We looked at this last game. You know who they were playing with in the secondary on this defense, and with all due respect, you know, you got a guy, and I believe his name was Clark, you know, undrafted rookie, free agent as a safety. You got a bunch of pieces that well, I don't want to call him castos, but they they weren't.
Speaker 2: They weren't.
Speaker 10: They're just kind of just you know, jags, you know, just you know, just another guy out there, and you know they they're playing to the.
Speaker 2: Best of their ability.
Speaker 10: So I just I want to see him with a talented group of men out there and not saying, you know, I've that sounds kind of crazy, but I just want to see him with a little bit more talent on our defensive side of the ball to see what he can do. But if they continue to have this historically bad run, it's gonna be kind of hard for him to be around.
Speaker 6: Okay, So you got yes, yes, yes, no, so so And I know who Jerry is, just like y'all do. I'm learning, okay being in the building, and of course it's watching over time.
Speaker 5: Now I hear everything that he's saying.
Speaker 6: About Eva Flus being in the Foxhole with him, and and like you said, he hasn't had the opportunity to do with dan Quinn was able to go out and actually get some guys. Okay, that being said, even still, you're gonna have to make it make sense, okay, And if flu stays all right, who's going to go because there's like, okay, we talk about the players here, So if Flues didn't pick the players, so who in personnel got these guys in here that are that we're saying are not up to part at this at this point right here. So if you're equipping a team, you don't equip a team with subpart talent, regardless of who your coordinators or coaches are.
Speaker 5: All right, So that.
Speaker 6: Being said, Okay, if he gets the chance to come back rightfully, so he thought he had Michael Parsons here, Okay, and I understand that, And that's a you know, like the whole thing let it go.
Speaker 5: You can't let that go, all right, you can't let that go.
Speaker 3: So I hear what you're saying. But this comes back to this organization, right And so.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying, Like he ain't going like Jerry's not gonna fire his GM.
Speaker 2: We definitely know that ain't happen, so he's not firing.
Speaker 3: So they This is something that when Michael Lombardi before he went back to go be the GM for the of North Caroline off of Belichick, he always says the Cowboys overrate their talent. He said, that's one organization they fall in love with guys. They overrate their talent. And the Cowboys clearly overrated the defensive talent this year. And when they brought in eber Flus, Wall will make this work, that work whatever.
Speaker 2: It's certain point in time. You can't lie to yourself no more.
Speaker 6: Everybody can't have the same monoculars here looking through the same length they do.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 5: And that's the unfortunate side of it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: You know, I.
Speaker 2: Frustrated we used to it.
Speaker 6: And so like so so you know, like and and and being like a fan of the Cowboys and playing against them for years and everything else like that, like there's always been this thing. And I'm and just for everybody knows, I'm just a fan of good football, period.
Speaker 5: It don't matter what team it is. I like watching good football.
Speaker 6: And and and unfortunately watching this consistently and and Okay, so there has.
Speaker 5: To be you can't keep this whole thing the same defense.
Speaker 6: No, so, so something is going to but.
Speaker 4: There's going there's like coaching staff if I tell you like that, in my opinion, if the coaching staff changes, it's gonna be because Flutes wants somebody else in here, Like it might be a position coach or something like that.
Speaker 7: But I still I still don't see that right now.
Speaker 4: I feel like this is one of those moments where you're going to go in and implode the whole side of the defense to make this Like, hey, what do you need to make this make the guys fit? I feel like with these guys at best that they have on this roster right now, a lot of them.
Speaker 7: Are system guys.
Speaker 4: A lot of them are made for somebody to scheme up, like a Donovan Wilson, Like love him to death.
Speaker 7: He's a hard player and a hard hitter.
Speaker 4: But your your scheme, guy, Like I'm gonna put you in there that box safety, keep you right here in the perfect scheme.
Speaker 7: You can be a god.
Speaker 3: Go back to the conversation we had earlier this week, but we talked about how many starters you got on this ded they can go with me. So we counted two of the possible, and your second possible ain't.
Speaker 5: Gonna be here.
Speaker 3: That's traylon On Diggs. Okay, so you got two in the possible. So you Kenny Clark defensive tackle, Ron Bland corner who both are under contract. You got olso diggi zo Wo signed a big contract, so you got those three. After that, you're really trying to build everything else on this defense. Everything if you're for being straight up on yes, So when you say what's going to change, that roster got to change. I don't even know about the coaches yet because I guess the thing I would say, this talent we're looking at it.
Speaker 2: Can you really judge somebody as a coach.
Speaker 6: Well, we talk about communication being bad, like, okay, so Flus is the DC, so of course he's going to be with the whole defense.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: But then when we break it down into position meetings, that communication is supposed to be expounded, expanded, whatever words you want to use. It's supposed to be put out there in the right way, all right, It's supposed to be broken down.
Speaker 5: Guys are supposed to be able to start to understand.
Speaker 6: It goes from this to now, your position got and if your decordinator can't communicate it.
Speaker 5: To you, right, maybe a position coach can.
Speaker 6: So with this lack of communication and understanding, yeah, like this is going to have to be somebody to come in and speak exactly where Flus is speaking, so the communication could be right on all levels.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you this. Then, with that being said, who would be the guy?
Speaker 4: Because when I talked to guys that he said he don't have a problem with me putting his name out there. When I talk to Richard Sherman and say, hey man, what do you think about the Cowboys?
Speaker 7: What's going on?
Speaker 4: You know who y'all got at the secondary? Oh, he was over there with us with legion of boom. He was getting us right, Like, if they trust him and do what he says, they'll be doing right. No, not flu the secondary coach, I can remember his name. Whoever the secondary coach is. Shearm was able to stamp him, like you have multiple guys around the league that have been stamping Shoddy and these other guys right here. So that's why for me is a player, I'm putting the onus on them, Like I get you saying the coaches, Like, if they go out there and get a whole new roster, then we could say, hey, y'all are this and that. But when you have guys that have proven it at a high level to say, hey, that guy is good over there, that guy, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 7: They're just not listening to him. It makes me look at them.
Speaker 3: David Overstreet is your secondaries and corners, and then you've got Andre Curtis, who's your defensive pass coordinator.
Speaker 4: Dray Safety. He was talking about Andre, but with like, it's I just can't help. But eventually, like I tell you, like, the players got to play, man, I don't see nobody whooping nobody, like the technique is there, so it has to start with them.
Speaker 2: But Tray, we go back to what we just talked about.
Speaker 3: Man, got like three dudes here, Okay, you got three dudes, and you can't beat nobody good, can't beat anybody good, and you're beating bad teams.
Speaker 2: Like, so Arizona's the game you should win. So you can tell you it's the players, But the players aren't that good? What it is?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 3: Some of these guys would they be playing for Arlington Minnigad's Okay, we're here.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: You know somebody's got good.
Speaker 7: So you got it?
Speaker 2: Not good?
Speaker 3: I mean your first round draft pick is a guy that you're looking at man every week like hed, But what was he doing here?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Just let me think about where you talk about man, You talk about Kenneth Murray. You look at Kenith Murray. Good thing you got some fan born He said, come on over here. I mean you right here, missing young Jack. Jack's backup is bad, dude, this is bad all over. Man, It's bad. So you have to go ahead. After the season, you're gonna say good bye to a whole lot of people. Just do what you did for.
Speaker 7: DQ.
Speaker 3: Let's just go ahead and figure who is it you need? What are the corners you want? That's where you go to Will McLay. Well, this is a list of who it is we want that fits this defense. If you're going to bring Eberfools back, but if you don't even bring it back, whoever you bring in, you have to do that solid to the coach, what do you want? Let us go get the kind of players that you need, because it's clear the guys that d Q will winning with and some of these guys are on this defense do not fit it.
Speaker 2: So that's just being straight up fair.
Speaker 3: And I go back to when this was when I covered the Lakers, when Phil Jackson came in. Phil Jackson went and found people immediately who knew what his triangle system was. Here's John Sally. John Sally's role was to go up here and tell Shaq what to do. John Sally was limited and what he could do a playing, but he wasn't asking him to play. He was asking him to teach. And every time he gets a garbage, Ron Harper, Hey, Ron, you go over here to Kobe show him what to do. Horace Grant, I mean he brought these guys in and it was effective. We saw a little bit with DQ. So Jack Sambourne knows his defense, but is he really a difference maker? No, he's been exposed because you also ain't got nobody else's lineback. It's about to get help, so just fix it in the off season. Making a trade right now not gonna help, Jerry. I've been talking on the radio show.
Speaker 2: We could do something, Jerry lying, Ain't nobody gonna help this thing.
Speaker 3: Man, Go beat your bad Arizona go try to get a bye wee go beat your bad raiders. Eagles come to town. Hold on for their life because the division games. See what you can do, maybe be like done the baby. This thing is, this thing has got too much trouble.
Speaker 2: You got to fix it.
Speaker 7: We had a time, all right, well.
Speaker 2: That time.
Speaker 3: It's forty five and I gotta get ready for another show. I do, man, I got never for another show. They don't pay over time.
Speaker 7: They don't pay over time around here.
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, no you got you got.
Speaker 2: A kid to go pick up?
Speaker 4: He is?
Speaker 2: What is? Players not talk to you more about.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.