Speaker 1: Name. Trent Williams had a groin then return, Jayalen Moore had a concussion, didn't return, Brock Purty stinger den't return, Aaron Banks toe den return, and Ambry Thomas the hamstring.
Speaker 2: Go ahead with your message to the team after a game like this. You know, I thought we came out hard, ready to go.
Speaker 1: You know, offense, defense, special teams, you know, getting the safety, you know, moving the ball. But you know, for that first half, when you have those three turnovers and you do those things and you miss some opportunities and you're down sixteen to twelve, you got not much to show for. I thought we blew a bunch of opportunities in that first half. In the second half, when you know that third quarter was a rough one, when we get another turnover, the hundred yards and penalties, and when we had that punt and the fall start before it, I believe the personal file to balance just twice. Our defense had it on their side of the fifty and the third and then unraveled after that. So anytime you got five turnovers over one hundred yards and penalties, that's how it should be.
Speaker 3: And that brought separate. But was there anything generally going on that they were doing, or that he was a little off on. So you can just kind of describe what happened.
Speaker 1: With Yeah, I mean the one that he was off on was the first one. Just read the coverage wrong and didn't expect someone to be back there and made a bad decision on the first one. Second one, the corner made a hell of a play blitz and he kuldn't get it over him. The guy tipped it and ended up making to himself.
Speaker 2: The third one scrambling. I didn't really see what happened on it. I mean I saw the end result.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened on the ball, whether fourteen made a play, whether they both hit it at the same time. But he broke out the pocket on a big third down, had George and fourteen coming back to him and threw it right at them and it just bounced up and got another tip. And then the fourth one in the third quarter, and he was making the right decision going to Christian on a checkdown and someone hit him from the right side and the ball came out sideways.
Speaker 2: And went right to their linebacker.
Speaker 1: So I thought that, you know, the first one was a big mistake and the other three was pretty unfortunate for him.
Speaker 3: He hasn't had a game like this really, But what did you see in his demeanor just as this was going on? What did you see from him?
Speaker 1: I didn't mind his demeanor. I mean he stayed in there, kept battling. I mean our kind of you know, our whole team struggled there in the second half. So it just wasn't him. I know he's disappointed not being able to finish it there, but getting that stinger again, it was just wanted to keep him out of there and.
Speaker 2: Ready for to bounce back next week. Gone possibly. I didn't even ask.
Speaker 1: It's I know he had a bad stinger and we had three alignment out at the time, and I want him.
Speaker 2: I don't want him to go in and not be ready for next week.
Speaker 4: You're concerned this week?
Speaker 1: Nothing I'm concerned about, but you know how stingers are. It could be worse tomorrow. But I think he'll be all right.
Speaker 4: Answering three related to going.
Speaker 2: No, we wanted to put.
Speaker 1: We wanted to get going a little bit, just to mix him in there, get to see what It's been a while since he's played, so he's been doing some good things. In practice, so we want to give him an op out there just a little bit. And then I think we mixed in some more as Ambry had that, but also went with Luder a bunch too well.
Speaker 5: He's mostly played outside in his career. It seemed like a somewhat of a big ass can played since twenty twenty one into playing the slot.
Speaker 3: I mean, did you guys consider, like.
Speaker 1: Is this maybe too much in a.
Speaker 5: Game like this to put him out there?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what he's been playing here in the last two weeks, that's what he played for the four weeks he was in Houston. That's what he wants to play, and that's what we think he looks the best at and where he can help us the most. So we think all the NFL games are big, regardless of which one, especially this time of year, and we felt he was the best guy for us with how practice had been going and for our roster right now.
Speaker 5: Early sins on Trent's.
Speaker 1: I don't you know he tried to go back in trainer and think it was a good idea. So we'll get the MRI tomorrow and see how goes that.
Speaker 3: Just haven't seen this team get knocked around for a full quarter. Do you think they got demoralized a little bit? What was kind of the feeling as it was happening.
Speaker 1: I don't think we did anything on offense, and we turned it over. Then we had the punt which basically was a turnover because of their return, and then the personal foul, and you know that's a good offense too. I mean, there's some guys that are hard to tackle. They are going to do that. I thought our defense came out ready to go and we're doing a decent job, and they only can do it for so long. I thought the way we were struggling on offense in the third quarter led to some mistackles. I think we gave five first down some penalties today. Saw that happen. So no, I'm not gonna sit and say they're demoralized or anything. I just we weren't very balanced throughout our whole team today, and I thought they came out ready to go.
Speaker 2: But when you turn the ball over, it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: And then the way that third quarter went, that was some bad football and by the time the four started it was out of hand.
Speaker 5: In the first quarter was very aggressive, ten passes for five runs and a lot of throws down the field.
Speaker 3: Was that your plan coming into the first quarter to attack with the path like that?
Speaker 2: No, it was to be balanced. We just, you know, it's what it came out.
Speaker 1: We've finished with a pick and stuff, so it wasn't any and we didn't make a conscious decision We're gonna come out throwing it with some of the looks we had and felt we were moving the ball pretty good, doing it well.
Speaker 3: It's been so good almost every single week. Do you almost can you almost say, hey, he was due for something like this and let's see what happens next. Is that?
Speaker 4: Can you?
Speaker 3: Can you put it in context like that?
Speaker 1: I mean, I just think the fact he's played this long and never had a game like this, I mean, is pretty unusual.
Speaker 2: That's the reality of the NFL.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it's bound to happen, but I mean, I wish didn't have as many picks today. But like I said, you know, I think one of them was one he'd really liked to have back. The other three, I think we're unfortunate. We played a good team, didn't play our best football today, and that's what happens. We lost a game that we really wanted to win. We knew this was a big one. Our guys are real disappointed tonight. They should be, but when it comes down to it, we're still in the same situation that we were before the game.
Speaker 2: Started, and we got to take care of our business. And that's why it's all right to be upset tonight. We put a lot into that and think it out about what we expected to.
Speaker 1: But we gotta make sure we're ready for Washington when they come back on Wednesday, and coaches will be in there tomorrow, but short week we'll keep them away and make sure we got a game plan ready for him on Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Did the offense feel like it if you back on the McCaffrey touchdown rivalry, you got a lobbyards and you can finish it off with the touchdowns. Did you feel like it was back or that was things were still discomboininated.
Speaker 2: No, we all we didn't feel like it went away.
Speaker 1: We just it's hard to You don't score points when you turn it over, and we turned it over three times in the first half, and I think we had nine yards to play at at halftime. Thought we got a number of explosives, you know, and we had thirteen points to show for or twelve. It was twelve, right, you know with the safety, so we got ten on offense. And I was just thought we were doing some good things. We just in order to score, you got can't give it back to him. You got to finish, and whether kicking a field goal or a crossing the goal line. And when we were moving the ball, it doesn't matter how you move the ball if you don't score. And that's what we didn't do today.
Speaker 5: Had a pretty specific game plan, keep more in the pocket.
Speaker 3: How do you feel like you defended him today? And do you think the defense played well enough to win.
Speaker 5: The penalty?
Speaker 2: I mean, no one played well enough to win. I think if everyone looks at the score and see how that went. I was encouraged with the number of things.
Speaker 1: I loved how they came out, but the penalties, the number of first downs. There's times I thought we did a real good job containing Lamar, But just as a team, we gave him too many opportunities. And when they get too many opportunities, to me based off our team, and it's you're gonna end he's gonna end up having his and he did. He made some plays we missed some tackles, which he's gonna do to everybody when they get in space.
Speaker 2: But we had our moments.
Speaker 1: But those moments, uh, you got to capitalize on him in all three phases, and we did it.
Speaker 4: You said that he thought that your your team, your defense looked tired. Is at all a concern as the years ending that the team might be an issue to end the season.
Speaker 1: I think that is for everybody, no difference than anyone. But I mean we're same as everyone else in thought.
Speaker 2: Right now, how do you expect brought to bounce back like this?
Speaker 1: I'll brock He'll bounce back. He'll be in there tomorrow looking at the film. He'll come to Wednesday ready to go. Hopefully a stinger clears up, which I expected to, and our whole team will bounce back. I thought he came in and did a good job, real good job. Let us to a touchdown there. Wish we would have scored again there at the end. He was in a tough situation there with some of the two minute stuff. Some of the guys who were you know, just in and out with you know, some of the receivers, the O line, just some of the injuries and substitutions we had, but he had good command and I didn't see what happened at the end.
Speaker 2: I was looking down the field.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happened on the sack, so I'll review that, but I was happy with Sam up into line.
Speaker 4: The injuries was Bank's or a reaggravation of his turf toe.
Speaker 1: I I mean they said it was his toe and it was the same foot, so I'm assuming.
Speaker 5: So then, uh, with if Trent or Jayalen can't play next week, is is Burford the next option there?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, alright, I guess.
Speaker 1: Thanks