Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sideline.
Speaker 1: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by wing Stuff where flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Jesse Holly, Kurt Daniels, and Nate Newton, what's.
Speaker 3: Going on across the sea?
Speaker 4: It ain't what's going on Mantis Championship Plaza outside in front of the four Center. Even though I am not there, I could still see it. Or yeah, Matt, it is a beautiful fifty five degree this morning, high of seventy nine. I don't know what it is where you guys are at, but I'm sure it is lovely. That is Kurt Daniels, the Emmy Award winning That is Nate Newton, the three time Super Bowl winning champion. Our boy Chris Beam in the back keeping it up and running. I am Zaddy Holly. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalent of brow people.
Speaker 3: Us.
Speaker 4: Here we go when j good morning, gentlemen.
Speaker 3: We're feeling again? What type of shirt is that? What we feeling this morning? Tell us what's that shirt is?
Speaker 4: Listen? I don't you know. I love you know, I love a good shirt with some good color in it. Man, I don't even know what kind of fun somebody, what kind of hydrange just flower this is?
Speaker 5: Is that a Jersey thing?
Speaker 4: No, it's it's it's an election day, like the color election. It's it's an election day. Yeah, I am in New Jersey because today is election day. My big brother, Jamel Holly is running for mayor for the third time. He's already a two times mayor, so he's come back for the third time. And things are looking good for us fellas, the Holly family looking really really good. But I'm excited to be with you all this morning as we dig and dive into Many camping started, Mini Camp started, and Nate, you have make you have a feeling about Mini Camp and OTAs and all of this offseason stuff. So I'm gonna let you have the floor, Nate, and you tell us how you feel about.
Speaker 6: It about Many Camp, about ot Ash. I have jes you just set me out because I don't. I don't have no feelings about it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: It is not a physical That's what I wanted to hear. It is not a physical thing. It's all mental and are.
Speaker 7: They do you think they're still able to get the work in and the development they need.
Speaker 3: As far as the mental aspect.
Speaker 6: This this is what's uh disappointing, is they're putting in. They can put stuff in much faster than when men and Jessey did it because we had to go out there and physically run fast, hit do so we not only dealing with the mental.
Speaker 3: We was dealing with the physical.
Speaker 6: Well, now you just straight they can just get day in and day I'll put ten new things in because it ain't like you going on the field and get a lot of work physically to exhaust you. So you can't gather this stuff mentally. Uh what you don't want to see and you put it in your notes. We don't want to see Jalen Tobert not No, we don't need another high round draft pick, not know how to line up next year? What was mini camp OTAs and all this personal stuff that we've done, it didn't amount to nothing. So that's my big issue is.
Speaker 7: It does it hurt them that even though yes, it's all mental, they can't quite learn it until they got the pads on and are really.
Speaker 6: No, it's more like college in college, and Jesse attest to this.
Speaker 3: In college, we are you didn't go on no pads.
Speaker 6: Early when you know, when you got out of when you got out of spring training, which spring training, we was in paths. Back when we played, we were in paths every day. But even now these kids are not in paths, but they're running.
Speaker 3: If you can run fast to.
Speaker 6: A certain extent, because it's all about can you get yourself up to the level of the game. How far away is you from the level of the game. So a lot of college coaches still have their kids out there running fast, moving fast, hustling, you know, trying to get some exhaustion in that way. But it's all about the mental thing. And and if these guys go out here, line up, get some speed in along with this mental they should be all right because the.
Speaker 3: League is the same across the board.
Speaker 6: The coaches don't call the shots, and the gms don't call the shots anymore.
Speaker 3: The league called the shots.
Speaker 4: The one thing I would push back on, Nate when it comes to on the field stuff, like you alluded to, in college, you do have that period of spring ball where it's live action, where it's legit pads on you know, maybe not tackling to the ground unless you're in the spring game. But there is some thudding and some hitting. And the biggest part about the learning curve is what happens when the live bullets are flying and you know, speaking of Jala Toober and we're not beating a dead horse. But I can't help but to go back to that play when he was in the season where Jala Toler got inserted in the game and he lines up and he's looking in at the football, but he's lined up off sides and he's just standing there a foot in front of the football and looking into the football at the football, And that to me is different when when you do everything it's all a walkthrough, which a lot of these practices are, or it's a you know, a jog through. There's something about when the when the live bullets start flowing, where does your mind go? Because everybody doesn't have the temperament or the mindset of when things get chaotic that I get calm. You know, if you if you're ever around like Navy seals, you get to try to speak to Navy seals or people like that. They'll tell you that in the in the most chaotic moment is when they become their comments, is when they know that they they can't get erratic like the situation. They can't let the situation elevate them to a point where they're not able to think correctly. And I think that's the part that's missing when you when you take the pads away, and I get it, this is self inflicted. The players wanted this. This wasn't an ownership thing, This wasn't a league thing. This was a players want to take the pads off, to have less hitting, to have all those things. But what return. What happens is, especially for those young guys coming in now, when you have to add into that point of all right, the live bullets are flying and Tony's point, when that fatigue kicks in. I don't know what coach or what person said that it says, but fatigue will make cowards of us. All. It's what happens when you get a little bit tired, Lombard, You get a little bit tired, you get a little bit exhausted, you get a little bit of kind of just the situation gets a little bit elevated. Now, what does your mental do, Because if you haven't trained for that, if you haven't prepared yourself for that, especially a young guy. You get in these situations and all of a sudden, your brain goes haywire and you don't have the ability to properly lock in and focus and have the game slowed down for you. Instead it speeds up, and now you're erratic. It's erratic, and now things are all over the place. And as you know, especially offensively and defensively as well, is when you have a certain guy that's not on the same page with a quarterback or you know, alignment aren't all going in the same direction. Now guys are missing blocks, guys are missing assignments, and that can be that can be devastating blow to your football team.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they now the difference here between OTA's and mini camps. Many camps are mandatory, so you expect everybody to be there. They can do seven on seven drills, eleven on eleven drills. I think the like receivers and corners can do one on ones, but there's no life contact, no hitting, no pads other than helmets and that sort of thing. So not being able to do this like you were saying, and get prepared with the physical aspect of it along with the mental Does that hurt this hurt teams? I guess every NFL team faces it. We've joked about the first four games of the regular season and actually the preseason guy, guys.
Speaker 3: They ain't no joke.
Speaker 7: Does it hurt more then or does it hurt more later in the year because they run into that fatigue like you were talking about.
Speaker 6: Just when you have not when you have not made sure when you scouted these young guys, either first year players or rookies, our second year player, you scouted these guys and not talk to the right people to find out that their mentals, like Jesse, be the hya your dentals and your mentals. When you find out these mentals are loose and not strong, that's when you run into this Jesse talking about a mental thing, you know, and that and.
Speaker 3: That's where these guys, that's what hurts your team.
Speaker 6: When you got a third round pick, you got a first round pick who you depended on for sixty five percent of your snaps, say hey, this guy gotta develop, he's got to be something to help our team. And you can find out, wow, and that that's what it hurts.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: But if you got to buy a bunch of smart guys that can make that adjustment and transfer that from the classroom to one hundred miles an hour in the game. It's much easier to get it going. I just think with this new offense ess and you can speak to this as a wide receiver about the West Coast uh normal, you know, because I was just in a number system that you know, you where the numbers say go. But this West Coast thing is a little bit different. And the paragraphs can get pretty long.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: You can quarterback and going in the you can have a long paragraph. You got a lot of things to do. I'm I correct, Yes, I'm gonna send it wrong.
Speaker 4: No, you're absolutely right that those paragraph does get a little bit long. The Verberts does get a little bit lengthy. I think one other thing that they're going to try to do is is take some of the concepts and keep them in the same language that Dak was used to, right, because it's always like, you know, always be quarterback friendly, be Dak Freley. The biggest thing about this West Coast offense is it's now getting your linemen to adjust to the quickness of how where the ball is coming out, the ball is being released and then now have your quarterback, receivers and running backs and tight ends all being on the same page timy wise. That's the biggest thing about the West Coast offense. It's timing everything now in all offenses are timed right in a sense, but this is more This is even more sped up, and there's more responsibility in the route running. What I mean by that is you have one situation where a receiver will see an adjustment from the line of scrimmage when the covers changes pre snap. One thing about the West Coast offense is they do a lot of it literally in route adjustments. They do the you can snap. You can see one thing pre snap, the ball is snap, the defense now rotates to you know, middle of the field open, middle of the field closed, and now mid route. You have to be able to see that adjustment and then make the right decision. Those are the things that when you look at mini camps and training camps, in those preseason games when you're implementing a new offense or new style of offense, that you want to see those guys get connected with because what you don't want to have what we saw a couple of times last year in the old offense where receiver and quarterback work on the same page. Receiver, quarterback and tight end work on the same page, and it led to untimely turnovers and that you know, turnovers in any game can kill you, but especially when you're trying to get a new offense off the ground in a year. Might I add where there's going to be a ton of press sure on Dak Prescott, there's going to be a ton of pressure on Mike McCarthy for this thing, for them to get this ball rolling early so that this team can look like a formidable opponent and a formidable Super Bowl contender by the end of the year.
Speaker 7: So what can because there's no contact now, I would think trying to work on those timings and the speed of the game with the linement is a lot lot tougher. What can they do now to kind of build on that, start building that foundation speed.
Speaker 6: One thing that the limited times I was around most West Coast offenses is regardless of whether it was MENI Camp or whatever.
Speaker 3: And Jesse made was different for you.
Speaker 6: But these guys believe in running fast, running, running the routes wide open, quarterback throwing the ball. They that Thelignement could be doing what they want to do. But the receivers in the run of everybody, these coaches demanded, now, any want you diving at the ball. They WEREN'TNNA let no cornerback jam hit you deep down the field, but they wanted you running that thing wide open. And I don't know if they were if coach mccarthur wire asked for that, or to receive a coach.
Speaker 3: But if the quicker you, the closer you can.
Speaker 6: Become to game speed, the easier it is when the game they start. And that's what Jesse's saying that if you used to just jog trying out, that's to the end of the line. Hey go to defense, lilly gagging around? What are you learning?
Speaker 3: They are?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was supposed to be back there in the deep third, but I didn't get back there. Well, you gave your your wide receiver a bad read. So now when the season started, and we laugh about Nate Noon saying the first four games a straight pre season, all of a sudden, that's what we see. You know, we were fortunate, very fortunate.
Speaker 3: Last year. We were very fortunate. And yeah, and so I.
Speaker 6: Don't I don't think fortunate rides like that year and the year out.
Speaker 7: You know, can they make can they make ross your decisions now in mini camp?
Speaker 6: Yeah, people try to disagree with me. Well, this last preseason game, we got four spots, O man to tell that to an idiot. They know who they want on the scene. They know who they want on this team, and they will know when training camp. They may say, Okay, this training camp, we got to make a decision on these four guys because with the lack of running wide open, the lack of getting after it doing training camp, how you gonna tell me you I ain't never hit a licking a snake. I'm a fourth round pick. I ain't never hit nobody.
Speaker 3: You know, how you know that I can play in the game?
Speaker 6: The preseasons don't mean that much. How you know can I play? Ain't nobody ran no different schemes. I just don't went out there and ran against the basic four to three. So how do you know I can really play when I don't played against a bunch of garbage dudes? I'm saying, So, you got to know who's gonna make your team. You got to have a you know, yeah, you may disagree.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, no, yeah, no, no, no, no, I agree wholeheartedly. And the reason being is like Will McClay is no idiot, right, Like he's no dummy by far. And so they look at these guys and they know, all right, this guy he's on. I mean, sixty percent of your roster is already or you know, sixty seven percent has already made. If they had to choose today, they can tell you sixty to seventy percent of their roster who it is. And now it's a guy here and there. But what you look for in ot as, what you look for in OTAs right now, I know I about sixty seven percent and that's and that's the guy that you you know, come back from last year. Your draft picks are still you know, of course in there. And then you're looking for that. You're looking for those guys that are saying, Okay, who can I put on this roster? That will that will show up now after mini camp that number will rise again. The biggest thing that you want to see and the OTAs in the mini camps is football is ninety percent mental, ten percent physical. And that's the biggest thing. I want to know that this person is about.
Speaker 6: Stop just stop say that. Repeat that again. It is repeat what you just said, football is.
Speaker 4: Football is ninety percent mental and ten percent physical.
Speaker 3: Until you get hit and then its physical. Yeah, until you get hit because.
Speaker 4: Nate Nate Kurt. Listen, guys, we've all been hit. Like we've all been hit.
Speaker 6: You don't get the National Football League.
Speaker 3: Tell jayaln tobera that you.
Speaker 4: Don't get hit, you know, Jalen problem. Jaylen Tobert's problem wasn't that he couldn't take a hit, Jalen. Wasn't it that he couldn't do what was Jaya totals problem? Mental? Jayla Tober couldn't figure out what the hell of line up at? Jaya Tober couldn't fill out what the hell to do on the football field.
Speaker 9: It wasn't his physical action lights. Physical action got to action what got him lights? That's mental, all men. I was all mental, That is all.
Speaker 3: Men, incidentals.
Speaker 7: I do agree that for guys at your level, yeah, at that.
Speaker 5: Point it becomes mental.
Speaker 7: But for guys like me, physically, there's no way I could ever.
Speaker 5: Be on that field. So it's you know, but.
Speaker 3: Guy, dude tried environment. But yeah, I got a Harvard degree.
Speaker 6: I said, let me drop this ham on your head and see what and see what how you're thinking after about ten plays, and I.
Speaker 3: Bet you I think clear to you.
Speaker 6: He looked at me like what I said, Let me jack this hammer against your faux head about three times and let me see how you can break down this trigger numb draft of that.
Speaker 4: All right, fellas man, We're gonna take a break and do a little math because Nate didn' drop the hammer on after this, After this break, man, we'll continue to talk about the Cowboys, OTA's mini camps. Who's the preussure on this year? Can things change for the Cowboys? Are the Cowboys super Bowl contenders? What do they have to do? All the things that you guys want to hear about right here on hanging with the boys, stay right here with us.
Speaker 2: Yes, hey Cowboys fans, ready to spice up your next watch party? Bring yokiero guacamole and be the game day hero. Yo kiro means I want and we know you want, great fresh tasting, ready to serve guacamole for your homegating and tailgating events. Made with real avocados and the perfect blend of spices. It will be the star of any party. You can find us at your local Albertsons or tom Thumb in the Delhi section. If you can't find it, talk to your store manager and tell them Yo Kiero, Yo Kiero Guacamole.
Speaker 10: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few taps away put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life.
Speaker 3: For cryptopros, rookies.
Speaker 11: And anyone in between, blockchain dot com makes it easy to own a piece of the future, Blockchain dot Com, trust it by Millions, Trust it by America's team.
Speaker 8: Seed Gig has your back no matter what kind of fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan. Oh we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seed Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So, whether you're here every week fan or haven't been here in years, fan, seat geek as you covered, download the seat geek, ap to the seat geek, You're taking the great seats.
Speaker 5: Back to hanging with the bulls ah, let's see.
Speaker 7: Join us for a Dallas Cowboys Juneteenth celebration in partnership with Middle Light at Middle Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium on Saturday, June seventeenth from four to eight pm. Enjoy live entertainment, play long game, shop at local black owned businesses. For more information, visit at and T Stadium dot com Slash Juneteenth. This segment brought to you by Blockchain.
Speaker 5: Was that What was that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: That's my bad.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that was that was. That was a June Tief celebration right there, all right?
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 4: As we continue to dive into the Cowboys off season, of course, the conversation will always continue to be especially when you're talking about names and stardom is the money. You know, what guys will be signed, what guys won't be signed, how things will work out. But there's one player that Jerry's kind of continued to keep kind of his name in his mouth a little bit. Pauls. We've tried to move on from it, but we've quite can't. And Jerry comes out and he's still talking about your boy, Nate. The one the only mister feed me himself is Ezekiel Elliott. Why do you think that when this conversation hasn't been put to bed? I have my thoughts, but I'm gonna let you guys kind of give me your thoughts about it. Why do you think Jerry and Steven and company haven't put this Zeke Elliott story completely to bed? But it's always the door is still open. We haven't closed the door on that. We're thinking, well, you know, we're looking at all our options and that option isn't dead yet. Why why do you put an end too, the Ezekiel Elliott saga.
Speaker 6: Because you know who he is and what he does for your team. You know, he know his role, and I think they think that he will accept his role. He will not be a detriment to the team. That's why I think they won't put it to bed.
Speaker 3: I mean, so you.
Speaker 7: Think, like I wonder, does he know what? Do he know his role and accept its role? And even if he would sign for three million.
Speaker 3: He would come back?
Speaker 5: Do you think so he's not.
Speaker 7: Such a big presence that Nah Pollard looking over his shoulder.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 6: I think in this way, Zeg is a lot more mature than people want to give him credit for when it comes to this right here, because they still don't want to get to Pollard to ball.
Speaker 3: More than twenty snaps a game. They still do not want to do that.
Speaker 6: When Tony's at his best, it's around fifteen to twenty carries touches, whether it's throwing the ball to him, handing it to him. You don't want to lose that he's got. If you keep it where you have it at now, Tony can play another three years and be very, very explosive. You app him up just about five more snaps a game, you won't have that guy by the end of the year.
Speaker 3: So we know who Zeke hells.
Speaker 6: We know what he can do, and he's mature enough, I think, because even last year when Tony was getting out of fame, did we lose Zeke.
Speaker 3: I know the money was big for Zeke, but he can float around out here.
Speaker 6: And if you don't get anything, would you rather put your money on Zeke or would you rather put it on the new sixth round draft pick?
Speaker 5: True, he has that veteran.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my.
Speaker 4: Opinion is completely different than both of yous, completely different, completely different. Mine is a two part opinion. I'm gonna give it to you. Mine is a two part opinion. Park One is I think that I think that Jerry Jones continues to keep the Zeke Elliott thing in his mouth in the conversation is one he know, he knows when he says it, or he doesn't say it, or he leaves that mysterious type of outcome to it. We talk about it. I think it's still a topic of conversation for the Cowboys and for the Cowboys media, and so I think Jerry understands in the offseason he still wants to continue to generate that buzz and that noise and still being in the a block of every talk show hours on the networks all over the place, and still talking about in the in the article that they print online and on social media. I think he still knows that. I think he still knows as long as he does it completely in the verbally closed the door, that people will continue to drum up stories about start doing all the numbers, and a capologist will come out and they'll say, well, if they can do this and change this. So I think that's the first part that Jerry understands that as long as I keep that door open mysteriously or somehow this faint possibility, that the people will still talk about it and will still be in the news. The second thing is one thing about Jerry is that at times, at times he learns from his mistakes. And when you look at what Zeke had become to the Cowboys media, to the Cowboys fan base, Zeke went from a darling and then he kind of had his lows and they turned on them, and then they loved them again. And that part Jerry remembers what happened with Dez. He remembers how that tour the fan base apart. He remembers how the fan base were kind of divided on the whole Tony Dak situation. And so anytime you have a beloved player like Ezekiel Elliot, you kind of want to do it softly. You kind of wanted this to happen organically, like, hey, we'll continue to move on to the season, and you hope that there's no injuries to your running backs because the first injury that you have is Zeke's not on a football team. His name is gonna come up, right, So it's like, if we just organically move away from this thing. While I don't have to say that I'm completely out on Ezekiel Elliott because it's still it's still it's still wild to me that if you were going to give Zeke a second chance, then why not just work out something in the first place? Like you you you you let him go without even giving him an opportunity to to take a pay cut, and you didn't even give him a chance to say, you know what, that actually doesn't insult me, I actually will take that deal. It was like, nah, we don't want to insult him. So like that that like that's the code word for we didn't want to insult him, but really, we don't want for you anything like. We don't want you like. We're not offering you nothing like nothing. So the whole thing about Zeke coming back is why why why would you want a person to come back when you already had him and he didn't have to leave, you let him go. You willingly released him without even giving him a chance to be insulted by a lower number, and now all of a sudden he's gonna come back for that lower number. No. I think this is Jerry understanding that as long as I don't completely close the door, people will still speculate about it, and that keeps us in the conversation, which he loves. And then the second part about it is he understands that if I'm too hard on this breakup, then I possibly offend some fans because they begin to say, you know, Jerry, you should have done it better than that. He gave a lot for this football team, what about no, no da dah. And he doesn't want to create that fraction between the fan base and the football team like it was when they let Dez go, and they like it was when they let Tony go. He understands that that the fan base they live and die with these players and how you treat these players and so on and so forth. So he want to make sure that this thing just kind of fair needs away. We get into training camp and things going well, so they hope that there's great reports about Tony Pollitzer. People just kind of just we get into the season and just it just goes away, and you just move on to the next thing, and they'll go, Man, you know, Zeke was a really good player and you don't have him anymore.
Speaker 7: But you talk about like the fraction. I mean, does this affect the guys in the room at all time?
Speaker 5: Do they care? Are they tired of hearing about this?
Speaker 6: No, I'm gonna tell you something. Man, When you first hear it as a player for my group, we're like, oh man, big New, Oh man, we're gonna miss big New.
Speaker 3: No, man, hey Stone, you ready to play? You know you got you know you you feel Zeke?
Speaker 6: Like I say, But good, good theory anyway, Je's probably the right theory.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: But my bottom line is this right here. Uh, if Zeke was to come back, I think he would be mature enough. I don't think he'll fracture that that deal. It'll put some guys on hold, you know, and maybe you don't want to do that. But Zeke is not bad for this team. He's you know, at least that's what I feel, you know, he's.
Speaker 3: Not bad for role. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So but this is the thing that's going he already faded away. I think it must just say, like missus Jones just in the media he wanted to, you know, but in the locker room, ain't nobody looking around trying to hey, wait, Zeke man gone be gone.
Speaker 3: Bro he gonet believe.
Speaker 4: That Ricoddo ain't looking for Zeke. Ronald Jones ain't looking.
Speaker 3: For the six round pick.
Speaker 4: Duke Vaughn ain't looking for Zeke. Tony Pollard ain't looking for They'll get in front of the media as they as they should. They'll go, well, you know, was a good friend, he's a good team. But that's the unwritten d that's the unwritten law that is spoken, like when you hate to lose a guy, but you but I promise you. Like when they let Rigo Dado was happy about that, like not in a negative sense, and like you know, he was like, you know what more reps for me, more opportunities for me. Yeah, So guys in that room are not like, hey, bring back Zeke now, if he comes back, they'll do the right things. Our brother is back and we'll make we'll make it work. But trust me, the guy that Zeke's reps are gonna get snatched up from that, he's gonna snatch up reps from They ain't happy to if he comes back. They you know, they're not. They're not worried about mister Jones saying it. But when they when Zeke departed, the guys, guys goes all right, there there goes another fifteen to twenty reps that I have the potential to get. Yeah, now however that breaks down in my favor or you know whatever. But there's now there's fifteen to twenty reps that have now opened up that I have opportunity in and OTA's in mini camp and training camp to win those routes. If you know, Tony Pollard, whenever he's ready to go full time, you know, I gotta make my way. I gotta I gotta show these coaches that you know, I'm ready for that, whatever that role is, whatever that next role is for me, I gotta show them I'm ready for it, and now I have fifteen to twenty more opportunities to do so because he is not here.
Speaker 3: Damn, it's perfect.
Speaker 6: They are set up now, perfect because you got the twenty reps that Tony would get.
Speaker 3: And then, like Jef.
Speaker 6: Said, the Rico'donalds, the little guy, the other little guy.
Speaker 3: The little six round pick Jones.
Speaker 6: You know, now you find out what they do well and you and that's what you cater to. So now now you still got thirty touches, Yeah, thirty touches, the twenty that my man gonna get to ten or fifteen, you know that the other guy's gonna get. But the guy who's gonna win is that guy that can play third down. If I'm giving rico'donald or any of these guys, if you really want to.
Speaker 3: Win, be able to handle third down blitzes.
Speaker 6: The guy that can step forward and handle these blitzes the best, that's the guy that's gonna get the mixtra reps. And then other things are falling your lap. You know what I'm saying. Other things are falling your lap? You agree?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Are you there with me?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I agree with you one hundred percent. The biggest thing you want to do is find a way on the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If I can find my way on the field good, you know, like whether it's third downs, whether it's whatever it is, short yardage, whatever, If I can find my way into the rotation, into the good graces of the coaches and their rotation, then what ended up happening is as a year goes on, they find more and more opportunities for us. And that's all I want. I just want opportunities. I want trust from the coaches. I want opportunities when when the situation calls for And you know, in these games, the thing about sports is that you can't predict what's going to happen down in, down out. You know, you can come in as a backup one day and the starter can twist it ain't going on the first play the game. You could come in as a backup, and you know, the guy goes down and now all of a sudden he's out three to four weeks, and now you have an opportunity to come in. We see it all the time when guys we're backups and all of a sudden, the guy in front of him goes out and the backup guy comes in and these surgers to to the ascension of the starter and builds a name for himself and that can get you some money down the line. So it's all about how can I create opportunities for coaches to trust me to get into the rotation. Let's trust, Let's trust and believe. Yeah, let's let trust and believe that we're going to continue to do great things in this third segment. And this third segment we're gonna talk about Chris Simms said.
Speaker 6: Dak is right now, I want to talk about something, man, quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about something. How you get folks to get you them shirts.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you. On the other side of this break, this is hanging with the boys.
Speaker 6: Stay you get.
Speaker 2: Hey Cowboys fans, ready to spice up your next watch party. Bring Yo Kiero guacamole. Be the game day hero.
Speaker 5: Yo Kiro means I want and we know you want.
Speaker 2: Great fresh tasting, ready to serve guacamole for your homegating and tailgating events. Made with real avocados and the perfect blend of spices. It will be the star of any party. You can find us at your local Albertson's or Tom Thumb in the deli section. If you can't find it, talk to your store manager and tell them.
Speaker 3: Yo kiero, Yo kiero.
Speaker 2: Guacam only.
Speaker 8: Seed Gig has your back no matter what kind of fan you are, So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan. Oh we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seed Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, Seat Gig has you covered. Download the seat Gig the seek it. You're a tech of the great Seeds.
Speaker 11: I'm dok Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. Blockchain dot com is one of the most trusted ways to buy, sell, and trade crypto. Whether you're always on the go or stay closer to home, blockchain dot com is just a few types away put the power of crypto in your pocket, so no matter where you are, you can trade on your terms and build a crypto portfolio to fit your life.
Speaker 3: For cryptopros, rookies, and anyone in between.
Speaker 11: Blockchain dot Com makes it easy to own a piece of the future. Blockchain dot Com, trusted by millions, trusted by America's team.
Speaker 10: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tailgay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 5: Back to Hanging with the.
Speaker 7: Bulls schedule is set and limited tickets for the twenty twenty three Dallas Cowboys season A T and T Stadium are available now. Don't miss your chance to see your Cowboys live at at and T Stadium when they host the NFC East rival Eagles, Giants and Commanders, plus the Rams, Seahawks, Patriots, Lions, and Jets. Visit Dallascowboys dot com, Slash tickets or seat geek dot com, the official ticketing provider of at and T Stadium, brought to you by.
Speaker 5: We Can Stop.
Speaker 4: I went, I went and looked on seat geek. The other day, I was looking at the Jets game. I got some you know, people from Jersey. I was like, hey, I want to come out for the desk and I was just true, like looking at tickets. Boy, Arry gets it, man, mister Jones. I was looking at like fifty, like fifty yard line lower Bowl tickets for a Jets game in the one hundred section, over two thousand dollars per ticket.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, they're not losing money over there.
Speaker 3: We need to win that game. No, no, no, we need to win that game.
Speaker 4: He's getting that money. Speaking about quarterbacks, of course, that game is going to be featured with Aaron Rodgers first Dak Prescott. But Chris Simms came out and he ranked that thirteenth among quarterbacks, behind guys like Kurt Cunneys and Daniel Jones and Matthew Stafford and has him third in the division. I think we all are on the other side of agreed disagree in this conversation. But thirteenth best thirteen better quarterbacks. I think, you know, I think Chris Simms. I think Chris Sims is part of that PFF personnel type situation, and he's looking for that. You know, so many guys now are looking for the next hot shot thing to say. Right, and again you're saying about the Dallas Cowboys and about this quarterback in dark Prescott, did you put him thirteenth in the National Football League? I just I think that's that's a lot of clickbait from a guy like Chris Sims, or you would hope would have a little bit better understanding of the quarterback position.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's got I mean, like Jesse mentioned, Kirk Cousins is twelfth, Daniel Jones the Giants is eleven, Staffords tenth. I mean you got to think he's a I mean, would you put him above those three? Make him a top ten CAMPI yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. You know, it's can you protect the ball?
Speaker 6: And that's what it's gonna come down to this year, especially with the new offense. Is Dak willing to protect the ball because now it's Ceedee Lamb willing to step up and do the extra studying. I know, Cookills he's shown to be that type of veteran. Is Michael Gallup willing to be that guy? And it's Jalen Tobert. Is he walking around with the playbooks stamp to his head?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 6: I'm being honest, because if they're not with them four preseason games, you don't want to be one in three. I keep telling New York and New York they love him so great, till they name them twice New York, New York, they love the city so great. Come on, man, we need those two games. We need one of those two games. We cannot come out of there without that.
Speaker 7: Is the fact that Prescott has got a you know, he's staring at an extension here that he's got to get worked out.
Speaker 5: Is that factor into this at all? Is play once ahead?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 6: I think they're gonna give an extension anyway. What you think, Jess. I think they're giving that to him anyway, I really do.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: I'm just praying that the receivers, half quarter back.
Speaker 7: The way that's set up, if they want to sign in these other guys that are looking for extensions or new deals, they've they've got an extend Dak.
Speaker 4: It looks like, yeah, I do think the extension will happen for Dak. But what that number will look like, what those guarantees will look like will definitely determine course of play. If that comes out earlier in this year and is on that same turnover carousel that he was at least like he ended the year last year. That that hurts the bottom line, That hurts the product and everything. Anytime you're not doing anything good, that means you're doing something bad and that overall hurts the product. So for Dak, while an extension is looking him in the face, for him and his representatives, I'm sure they want to get this thing done before the season starts, because if the season, if the season starts, and again, some may say Dak isn't injury prone, some may say Dak is hinting injury prone. Some may say he's injury prone. You do not know how these things are going to shake out weekend and week out. Thumb, shoulders, knees, ankles, head showed his knees and toes. You just never know how stuff is going to work out, you know, weekend and week out. In the National Football League, you're upright one second and then you're getting carted off the next second. That's the reality of the football game that we that we love to play and to watch. So for Dak the extension is looking at him in the face right that that that makes the sense, that makes the most sense, and it makes the smart money sense that they're going to sign these other guys. But if you don't get it done before the season, and you you continue another season and you lead the league in turnovers, or you have an injury that will affect the bottom dollar number like that, that's that's factual because people aren't going to pay top dollar for a guy who's injured. People aren't going to pay a top dollar for a guy who for two years who you know, if he has turnovers and problems again next year, two years in a row, is at the top of the league in turnovers. That becomes now sort of a trend and people looking at that saying, well, oh, this is this is this is what's happening. Then I don't know if we can give them all this money right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So I think it was Steven yesterday. It might have been Jerry. They both spoke.
Speaker 7: You know, they've got some other guys they need trying to sign new deals with extensions, digs steal. I think the Odish is in there. Lamb Parsons down the road can they said that they'd like to get two or three done this summer, but they also said none of that is affected by what has to happen with Dak.
Speaker 5: Is that true?
Speaker 7: Can they make all these other deals if they don't know where their quarterback stands on his contract?
Speaker 6: Me, I don't know what their priority this is, so you know what their money situation is. I'm not a capologist, So you, Jesse, you have any thoughts on that, because I've been known Miss Jones, he's too much of a wizard and have wizards working for him that when he wants to get something done, I've seen him work magic.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna stay out.
Speaker 4: Of that my pay grade. Yeah. Absolutely. And that's the thing that we've come to now in the National Football League is you can make all these numbers jump. You can have all you can you can you can simone Biles and gymnastics jump all these numbers and contracts and what you signed to today. If you need to make that, restructure that contract or change this around and create voided years and all that stuff now is so readily available to you know, two front offices. It's all about if they want to do it. We look across the league all the time, you constantly say, how does this team still have money to do stuff? How does that team still have money to do stuff? Like I thought they were in cap hell? And now eventually it'll catch up to you down the road. But you can keep kicking his can and kicking this can and kicking his can, you know, down the road, and eventually we all get to a point where you know, we're gonna need a new new quarterback, and so you it's gonna reset because you're not gonna be paying the forty fifty sixty million dollars a year for a quarterback because now that quarterback's on this rookie deal and it kind of it'll reset itself later on down the line. It may not be profitable for the team because you'll be in a rebuilding mode. But again, you can always make this thing do whatever you wanted to do in terms of the numbers and creating cap space and cap room uh to to to to sign the players that you most importantly want to sign to their deals.
Speaker 7: But out of that, you know, take Dak out of the equation, not of that other group. But it sounds like they've reached out to to Diggs people Lambs. If I'm Steel, I think I'm running to the ownership right now. About who out of that group do you think would be the priority? Just whoever steps up or City Lamb?
Speaker 6: What do you think Nate cite Lamb then then then Diggs then Steal. If I'm Steel, would be easier, Yeah, easier fix if.
Speaker 7: I'm still I'm looking at it like Jalen Smith a few years ago when Zeke was up and these other guys, I'm like, give me my money now, because who knows what's going to happen.
Speaker 6: Now they're gonna have to pay steal. They don't have to pay steal. I mean is it'll be easy to fix with steal. That's why I ain't got in prod. It'll be easier fix. But Digs can get kind of tricky, and Lamb can get kind of tricky, depending on you know, who you're talking to and what you what you're working with.
Speaker 4: You know, yes, Steells deal. Steele's deal will be the easiest of the three deals to make, right because he's the lowest and kind of like you know, like does he has a little bit of wiggle room or a little bit of leverage, but not much leverage you know, so it's like his deal for a right tackle is kind of almost set in stone when you when you want to when you start dealing with the skill guys like a digs, like a like a CD Lamb, and now you start talking about, I want to be paid as one of the best dvs. I want to be paid as one of the best receivers in the league. And so those numbers, now, if it's a dollar more than what the other guy got, or if it's dollar more than what the other highest paid dB got, that those are the contract that really can kind of begin to to to to stick you a little bit, because now you're talking about a receiver that's going to be making somewhere and uppers between sixteen to twenty million dollars a season, right like that that's gonna be the number for CD Lamb, And that's a lot of money to commit to. Like when you think about it, like you'll you'll you'll have committed to four players, and most NFL teams, if you look at the way that they're constructed, out of the fifty sixty guys that they have in their roster, majority of the salary cap goes to about five to seven players, yes, quarterback, tackle, in corner, receiver, maybe another pass catcher. Right, So like most of those guys, most of your most of your salary cap is eaten up by between five to seven players on every NFL roster. You can look at it, five to seven players make up a large majority of the money in the salary cap. So if I'm still I agree, I'm running to the table saying, hey, sign me first, Let's get me out the way. Let's get me out the way. I'll put it whatever things you need to put in. But it's going to be for the diva positions, you know, for the for the skill position. Those are going to be the guys who want to to make that splash and say, and their agency as well, hey my receiver is the highest paid receiver. Even if if it's about fifty cents, I can say that I'm the highest paid receiver in the National Football League. And their owners, their their their representation can say the same. Yep, true, Wow, is that it? That's all we got?
Speaker 3: We got?
Speaker 5: Chris last Man. Correct, this is your last show. It's our break to.
Speaker 3: Chris, Chris, Yes, is this our last show?
Speaker 5: Yes, you can take you can go drive across the cur Thank god, it's show, Nate.
Speaker 4: But whatever you do, make sure make sure your license is suspended. Don't don't do that.
Speaker 5: Don't make your license is suddenly.
Speaker 4: But no, hey, fellas and this, yeah, I know you're.
Speaker 3: Can we get you who your shirt? People?
Speaker 6: Jess, you didn't You're supposed to have brought that back when we tease, who is your shirt?
Speaker 3: People?
Speaker 4: I bought this shirt. I bought this shirt.
Speaker 3: Is that all for ten dollars?
Speaker 4: I am a bargain shopper. I'm a bargain shopper. I don't like paying a lot of money for stuff, So a lot of my stuff. When you guys know, when you get to a certain age, is it comfortable? Doesn't fit? That's why I'm met in my life. Okay, like that's it. Is it comfortable? It doesn't fit? I like mine have a little bit more color than yours. Nate.
Speaker 6: That's all all right, all right, brother Holly, all right, After mini.
Speaker 4: Camps, he will win, he will win, will win. But after after mini camp, yes, you know it, After mini camp, the Cowboys will have seven weeks off. So let's keep our fingers crossed that nobody gets in trouble. Nobody gets themselves into anything that will embarrass themselves, their families, the organization and cost them a job. Talking to you, boss man, fat stay of trouble, my brother all right, man for Kurt, for Nate, for for Chris in the back for Audio Jazz, for Bro William Bro, William Brother, William Ham, all of those guys. I am Zaddy Holly.
Speaker 3: Yes, this last show.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is our last show for seven weeks until we get the training camp. And then once we get the training camp, we'll wrap this thing back up. Man, can I rob with you?
Speaker 5: Sorry? No, the porch.
Speaker 4: Here man, and most importantly, thank you guys for ticking it when it's staying with us. Man in the family. We appreciate you all. We'll see you guys in seven weeks at the start of training camp. The trailer parks. Here I come. This is hanging with the boys out.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.