Speaker 1: You just let me know when we can start, and you can put your phone down. We can concentrate on the show. Oh boy, Oh hey, Andrew, how's it going.
Speaker 2: I'm great, Scott, great, testy. Today some boys watch sports, some boys play sport.
Speaker 1: These two don't play no word.
Speaker 2: These two boys will save the pennies.
Speaker 1: Two boys special saving my pennies to buy special ka.
Speaker 2: Because we are living in a cereal ball all right, So what's going on?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, it's Andrew. I'm so sorry. You know I will offend you.
Speaker 2: God, I'm not offended.
Speaker 1: It's episode forty two.
Speaker 2: Are you offended? Because you're a millennial of serial killers? Didn't get a trophy for your name?
Speaker 1: The podcast where we talk about cereal and we eat it and we tell you what we're thinking about it as we eat it, because we think inside the box. Scott, I should just stop.
Speaker 2: Going to catch on. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well either did hanshtag Mom milk Monday? What's that? That didn't even make sense?
Speaker 2: Again? That definitely did catch on. Like I checked the trending socials. It was like number one cuckack cockoo in the world.
Speaker 1: As you would say, hey, you know what before we get started in this episode, I wanted to dip back to the last episode. I wanted to dip back to the last episode for a second edit.
Speaker 2: This in post production, by the way, and I have to put this in because you just messed up and you can't take out your line.
Speaker 1: I have to dip back to the last anyway, So the last episode was the monster episode. Also, who says dip back? I don't know the monsters.
Speaker 2: We're just going to take a dip back.
Speaker 1: Listen, we're wasting time. I just need to tell a brief story.
Speaker 2: People love to hear us banter.
Speaker 1: Okay, So in the Monster Cereals episode, we did franken Berry, we did count Chocolate, we did Booberry, and I wanted to mention something and it totally skipped my mind. In the seventies, when franken Berry first came out, there were kids that were going to the hospital to the emergency room because they were pooping red. What they were pooping red, and nobody knew what was going on until they figure it out that some children were eating multiple balls of Frankenberry every day. And apparently, if you did that in the seventies, you would poop red. And think that your insides were just bleeding everywhere. It was called the Frankenberry syndrome in the seventies. What was in the die There was a red dye that they no longer make, thankfully it was the seventies. Yeah, that was really bad for you and it was making your poop red. It was lead based, so they changed it, and you know, all is well in the world. So I just wanted to throw that in because I wanted to go back and put it in the last episode, but none of you guys cared and nobody would come and edit it in. So I just we'll bring it up here.
Speaker 2: Like I always say, you always look to me and go, you don't care about this podcast. It means nothing to you.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't. Look how long it took me to get you to come in here for this one.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: I stayed late for this late.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to like say, like, oh my god, you're so great, Scott. What are you looking for? What kind of like pat on the back would you need?
Speaker 1: So I also want to thank Josh because we got a box in the mail the other day and our buddy Josh great listener found a box of the original recipe Rice Crispy treat Cereal and he sent it to us.
Speaker 2: So can you see it?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you've already seen it.
Speaker 2: No, I've never seen this before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a purple box. It's just it's the original one.
Speaker 2: Without thinking this, Thank you, I appreciate you, Josh.
Speaker 1: All right, well thanks Josh. Also, can we say thank you to Daisy because Daisy is going to supply us with some more sound effects, and you know that I love sound effects.
Speaker 2: Who's Daisy?
Speaker 1: Daisy's a great listener. And look what she sent us. She found these, I guess on Amazon because I got a random Amazon package. You didn't know who it was from. Look spoons, not just spoons, serial killer spoons, serial killer spoons. Look here, I'm gonna tap it.
Speaker 2: I'll do the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you tapped it on the part where people talk into it. And now there's poop on the back of your spoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's charticles in every box.
Speaker 1: Bonus. All right, So let's get eaten.
Speaker 2: That's what we're saying. Now, think inside the box, get eaten.
Speaker 1: A bunch of people reached out on Twitter, and I wish I could find their names, but I can't. I'm sorry. They were angry that in the Pumpkin Spice episode we apparently missed one even though I mentioned it because I just really didn't want to eat it. But since we do what our listeners tell us to do, with the exception of those silly novelty cereals, I'm not eating Booty o's or booty flakes and you know those novelty ones that company make, the Spencers and hot topic I'm not.
Speaker 2: Eating They're not going hot topics for cereals.
Speaker 1: No, that's not real cereal. That's crap. So I'm gonna get out and I'm gonna get out the one that we left out because it's still fall friggin pumpkin spice cheerios. I know, but we have to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for our dedicate. How many cups did you take out for this episode? Is that six? Six? Well?
Speaker 1: I mean, if you think about it, when's the last time we actually only did two cereals? I think fillos, which the last time we only did.
Speaker 2: Two and that was a prize and side episode.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we did three there too because we did the fruity Dino bites with it. Oh yeah, that was entitled two Fillos and a bag. Remember, come on, these are like children. You don't remember them.
Speaker 2: I don't. I'm sorry. They all went away to college and never did back home.
Speaker 1: I dropped mine off at the pool. This smells like like a pumpkin pie. I would like to smell it. Sorry, I have to put my spoon down. That's delicious, damn it. What Max was here?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Max was here the other day and Elvis came and took the ball that I didn't break, and he used it. And now we don't have a sound effect. Bawl.
Speaker 2: Great, I'm very happy to hear that. Actually, that delights me. Here's a question. Is there any more pizza outside? Uh?
Speaker 1: There's some, But this is not the Pizza Boy podcast. This is Serial Killers. So you know, I have to ask you, would you like one percent or whole milk? Because I have them both?
Speaker 2: You know what, it's a Friday whole yep.
Speaker 1: All right? Got okay?
Speaker 2: Can you play the diabetes sound effect?
Speaker 1: Why milk doesn't give you diabetes? Well, whole milk.
Speaker 2: I just feel like it's like it doesn't the whole milk.
Speaker 1: No, that's fat, not sugar.
Speaker 2: Yeah still, I mean fat leads to diabetes.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, I beat it. Thank you, Wilford.
Speaker 2: It never gets told.
Speaker 1: There you go, General Mills Pumpkin Spice Cheerios Limited Edition. I'm calling this the new one of the Stop Eating. I'm not talking spit it out. I'm going to call this the new one of the episode. It came out first in twenty sixteen, but it's only around, you know, in fall. So I'm calling it new and I don't care. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Apples and cheerios, that's all this is.
Speaker 1: No, there's nut megan there for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apples and cheerios.
Speaker 1: No, there's nutmegan there for sure.
Speaker 2: Apple cinnamon cheerios taste like this.
Speaker 1: I don't really think that the spice and the cheerios go together. I do this spice would be great on something else, but you could always taste the base cheerios and all cheerios. No, false, al right, whatever you say, two balls and a spoon for me? Rude? Why so rude?
Speaker 2: Right down the middle of two bowls and a spoon, worthy, This is a solid four bowls.
Speaker 1: No, it tastes like medicine. Now to who do this? Okay, great, now it tastes like medicine.
Speaker 2: Right, No, it tastes like pumpkin spice cereals, which to me tastes exactly like apple cinnamon cerials.
Speaker 1: Pumpkin spice. Oh so nice. All right, I'm gonna go back down to the cereal sack for a cereal that was first introduced in the mid nineteen forties.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Jemmy to guests.
Speaker 1: No, because we'll be here all day. And your corn pops? We did corn pops? Please, my blood pressure is just through the roof.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to guess again?
Speaker 1: Sure, corn pops. At least guess another stupid one. Oh oh, Cinnabon cereal. Oh those are your two go to's corn pops we did. Cinnabon has been gone for years. Anything else.
Speaker 2: Frosted flakes, We already did.
Speaker 1: Frosted flakes, all the varieties, all of them. I have a metallic taste in my mouth from this. I can't believe that you don't taste that I don't. All right, well, I'm gonna go down to the cereal sack. Maybe have mercury poisoning. Naddi has dysentery. He can't continue on the journey. I'm johndice.
Speaker 2: Oh I spit all.
Speaker 1: This is one of those cereals that the name is not trademark. There's frosted flakes and there's raisin bran. Now we've already had Kellogg's raisin bran. Post raisin Bran, I believe came out right around the same time as Kellogg's. I'm not sure which one came first, so one obviously copied the other. Remember mister Kellogg and mister Post, they were fifty cuffs. They were fighting. They were like, no, no, me.
Speaker 2: First, you were supposed to do a whole thing.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm gonna do that report. Yeah, I'm going to do it. The old timey they had wanted to get healthy sanitariums eating brand flakes and pooping and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Was this the way you were as a student in school. It was like, I'm not interested, so I'll just give you the clip nose version.
Speaker 1: That's why I just squeaked by and got into radio. All right, Scottie, shake on the raisin bran because those raisins settled to the bottom and shipping. Now, the one thing about post raisin bran that I don't like is that the raisins are not sugared. I really do enjoy the sugared raisins. You know what, I take it back. There's sugar all over them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sun made raisins.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I thought that host raisin branch raisins were not sugared.
Speaker 2: Okay. The best thing ever is on the back of the box. They're Raisin the Bar. Done. I'm in.
Speaker 1: They trademarked it too, Raisin the Bar. It's an excellent source of fiber, good source of fourteen vitamins and minerals. Hundreds of Sun made raisins. You know what, We're not eating them. I'm counting the raisins. What I'm counting the raisins. I'm dumping the box and counting the raisins. It says hundreds. It means it has to be at least two hundred raisins in this box. Otherwise you can't say hundreds. Can we do that?
Speaker 2: Can you do it after the podcast?
Speaker 1: No, because we will have eaten dozens of them.
Speaker 2: Just count what's in your cup and then go from there.
Speaker 1: Eight.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got the floor cup.
Speaker 1: You get the floor cup?
Speaker 2: Did you step on it? No?
Speaker 1: Hugh?
Speaker 2: How many you have?
Speaker 1: Twelve raisins? Wow, you have a big flake in there because you are one? All right?
Speaker 2: How am I a big flake. I'm here to record forty two episodes of a podcast about cereal with you.
Speaker 1: Here you go, here is your post raisin brand. We should have done it like back to back with Kellg's Raisin Brain. But you know that would have been the smart thing to do.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that is a big flake. That's the Pangea flake.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: You don't know? Pangaea and geea, that's a movie.
Speaker 1: I didn't see.
Speaker 2: No, Pangaea was what all the continents were before they broke up.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I didn't know that's what it was. Again, I just skated by in school. Okay, thanks, mister Campanelli. All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Ready once you think.
Speaker 1: I like the flakes and the Kellogg's raisin bran better, yeah I do. This is not terrible.
Speaker 2: This tastes like eating drywall.
Speaker 1: Inquiring minds want to know, when's the last time you munched on the wall?
Speaker 2: Okay, so if I'm twenty eight now, okay, that means five years ago twenty three.
Speaker 1: I also think that we're not being very fair because whole milk changes the entire dynamic of cereals. What's the matter.
Speaker 2: I really don't like this.
Speaker 1: The brand flakes are They're not, They're not They're never ending it definitely.
Speaker 2: Every time I call you, it's like, oh, okay, I can swallow Nope, surprise flake, Nope, surprise flake.
Speaker 1: Yeah I need more than hundreds of raisins. I need one hundred raisins in my cup.
Speaker 2: Yeah at this point, just make it. Oh sorry, the flake got stuck on my throat.
Speaker 1: You're nuts. Two balls and a spoon for me. Not a fan of post.
Speaker 2: Are we adding this in post production? I'll give this three bowls? Actually just kidding one bowl?
Speaker 1: What was that?
Speaker 2: We forgot to rate the cereals, so we had to add this in post production. I feel it's smart to be open with our listeners.
Speaker 1: Now back to the original show. All right, well, thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Box full of Reasons.
Speaker 1: Now we're done. Yeah, Sun May does that? Thanks for listening?
Speaker 2: Yep, But yeah, okay, Serial Killers podcast?
Speaker 1: What's over? You got me? We hate each other so much. I'm going down to the cereal sack and this one you're gonna be like, I guarantee your faces and be like, what here we go?
Speaker 2: If you brought back peanut butter cheerios? Wait, can I guess what it? Is You'll never guess. Yes, please guess corps.
Speaker 1: I hate you now. This is like two cereals in one is oh good? No, you have no I trust me, trust me, you have no idea.
Speaker 2: Okay, So have you ever heard of.
Speaker 1: Uncle Sam cereal?
Speaker 2: Who in the what?
Speaker 1: Now? Uncle Sam was like some flake cereal. And it's also all the way to the right of all the good stuff. It's in the healthy crap. I don't know what company makes it. I'll find out when I read the box in a second. And then in the twenties before Post and Kellogg's, Skinner's raisin bran came out. That was a thing. And somehow there's this mashup of Uncle Sam cereal and Skinner's raisin bran together in one. It's toasted whole wheat berry flakes and raisins cereal. I don't know anything about this. It says since nineteen oh eight, I've seen Uncle Sam cereal on the shelf. Apparently the regular Uncle Sam cereal came out in nineteen oh eight. I don't know anything else about it. It was manufactured for Three Sisters Cereal company. Okay, so I don't know. People keep asking us to do other rendom healthy crap. So here we go just definitely needs a shake, and I could just feel it like this, feel this like the bag in there is not is so small? Oh yeah right, hell you ready? Yeah, I'm playing the spoons here. That's cool for you because I'm spoon Man.
Speaker 2: That's your new name.
Speaker 1: You don't know that song?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: You've never heard of? That song?
Speaker 2: Who is it?
Speaker 1: By? Something? You're born in the nineties? By who you weren't listening to grunge alternative nineties music in your crib? In my crib, I'm not talking about Donna's house. I mean your actual crib when you were a baby.
Speaker 2: No, unfortunately, all right, your version.
Speaker 1: I don't think we can play any more than that anyway. So Uncle Sam?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, is that the one that it's like, samm.
Speaker 1: No, that's pearl Jam.
Speaker 2: Oh it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm fail Uncle Sam and Skinner's raising Bran.
Speaker 2: Why aren't you complimenting?
Speaker 1: A way? Doesn't Skinner's logo look a little bit like Knickers? Snickers?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that, wondering before we had to take a pause in the episode.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, oh my goodness, look at look at this?
Speaker 2: Good Oh oh, Scott watch out because in that bag. Yes, the inside pieces are floating.
Speaker 1: Are you watching that? It's the static electricity within the bag.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's great.
Speaker 1: They're crazy.
Speaker 2: I thought there were bugs in there.
Speaker 1: I was gonna do not open that. There's ghosts in the Uncle Sam bag. But really, look at the difference. Look at the size of the box and the size of the bag. There's nothing in here.
Speaker 2: Oh it's crazy brand flake.
Speaker 1: We'll get ready for some more now. If these actually are berry flakes, I don't know what that means, but it sounds really awesome.
Speaker 2: They probably have chunks of real berries in every flake.
Speaker 1: And it's very hard to pour from the box with a bag that's smaller than the boxes because it goes everywhere, all right, Oh, in all freeling. The little these are like little they look like oats. They look like little pieces of oatmeal, browned oatmeal with raisins.
Speaker 2: That's exciting.
Speaker 1: This could be delicious.
Speaker 2: Doubting it, but I mean, whenever it gets us through this episode.
Speaker 1: Well, we're almost done. Cheers Uncle Sam from Beyond the Grave one two three. I don't know if you do it? Do I swallow it or bet it out? Well? The raisins are nice.
Speaker 2: All crewing for you.
Speaker 1: Move. Okay, I don't know what's going on here. I really don't even know what it is because they don't look like that. Those aren't flakes, they're like little oat things. It taste Oh my god, no, it's vegan. I just swallowed it.
Speaker 2: That was like a marathon. I feel like I just ran in my mouth.
Speaker 1: Well say that you can mix it with yoga or ice cream, sprinkle it over hot cereals, or for your favorite baking recipe. So it's really not intended to be its own thing.
Speaker 2: I guess it's like a crunchy rice crispy. It's as if they didn't use rice. It was like the rice crispies person was like, hey, you know that melt in your mouth texture? Yeah, scratch that make it hard and chewa bowl.
Speaker 1: There's no added sugar, so there's no whole grain wheat raisins, barley, malt, and salt. Those are the only things in this box, which I guess is good health wise. Our cereals are made from simple ingredients, simply made. We cook whole wheat berries. What's a whole wheat berry?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. If you just have some of these chunks plain, I swear on my life. I just I chewed one. I feel like I just tasted something that tastes like temperate.
Speaker 1: Rolled it into flakes. These aren't flakes, We'll question. They have no flavor whatsoever. Now raisin is the only thing that sweetens it up. A tiny bet, straight up hardboard.
Speaker 2: Two bowls generous, one bowl.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna bring in the original, Uncle Sam. At some point we'll try that.
Speaker 2: Is it just this without reasons? Because I'm not doing that? It might be I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: Why eating it?
Speaker 2: I couldn't tell you. I oddly went back for more as well, So maybe I need to give it a bowl in a spoon.
Speaker 1: We seem to do that. We hate stuff.
Speaker 2: We eat it again, except peanut butter cheerios, which are sin.
Speaker 1: It's chocolate peanut butter cherio.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting. For god, my jaw hurts, like physically hurts from chewing Uncle Sam's You're.
Speaker 1: Right, it's a good workout, is it? Yeah? Hey, thanks for listening to episode forty two of Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: Isn't it one? No? It's forty two. Hey, you said forty one at the beginning.
Speaker 1: I already changed it.
Speaker 2: The magic of post production.
Speaker 1: That's right. Thanks for listening to episode forty two of serial Killers. Yeah, hey, follow us all over the.
Speaker 2: Place serial Killers PC on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook. Give us a like on Facebook.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: You're in chege the Facebook. You're not taking care of it.
Speaker 1: That's right. I keep getting little notifications. You haven't gone on Facebook. You're not talking to your fans. Jessica's following you, but you don't care. So it's Andrew who's not responding to you. His whole grand idea was, we'll start this Facebook page. We'll have a chat room. We'll go in there and we'll talk about cereal, even though I Andrew don't know anything about cereal. I'll just go in there and say corn pops, corn pops all day.
Speaker 2: And guess what people would love fat Let's find out people would love my corn pops.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So go on in there and play around. There's nothing there, but you can go ahead. Five hundred followers on Twitter? Are we there yet? I don't even know. The last episode we said the five hundred Twitter follower will receive a serial Killer's T shirt. Yes, we do have them. We'll have to have other contests at some point. Yeah, should we do like the first person to tweet hashtag what give me my shirt? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe, I don't know. I feel like we need to think about this a little man.
Speaker 1: Let's think about it.
Speaker 2: Don't oh my, was it a bram flake or Uncle Sam?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Sam is hurting. Yeah, don't don't do hashtag give me my shirt because I'm not going to give you a shirt. We'll figure it out though. We're gonna have some other contests. Could we have a couple to give away? And we thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 2: Our podcast is doing really great because if you guys, and if you go wherever you're listening right now, just hit that subscribe button. New episodes come straight to your phone. You don't even have to like find me episode, They're right there for you. We're all over the place. Google podcast, iHeartRadio, Apple podcasts, tune in, Stitcher, anything and everything you could ever listen to a podcast, We're on it. So thank you.
Speaker 1: And I have to tell you I love the reviews that people leave. People have been leaving some really nice reviews, so please do that. Even if you don't like us, just leave it because I like to read it.
Speaker 2: They're reading the reviews.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well thanks for listening. It's Serial Killers, the serial podcast that starts with a CEA. You didn't use the other line, No, I didn't. You told me I couldn't use it anymore, So you just do whatever I say. I'm going to eat some more Uncle Sam's. I don't know why, but as soon as we say the C word, we're gonna go eat some more. So thanks for listening. Have a great weekend? Is today Friday or Monday? I'm so confused.
Speaker 2: Well, because we plan our episodes so far in the future.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's not so far. We only have like one or two recorded.
Speaker 2: So oh, okay, so I think this is a Friday episode.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, if you just came off weekend, have a great week. If you're about to have a weekend, have the best weekend ever. Thanks for listening. We love you, and until next time.
Speaker 2: Crush Scott stop eating that.
Speaker 1: We've Scott got bad. It is that bad, right,