Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy football advice, speculation, and whatever stupid stuff they decide to drop into the show. Now, here's your host, Paul Chargion.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly. I am Paul Charchi and my co host today. It's not thorn Eystrom what Matt Harrison?
Speaker 3: I have no idea what I'm doing here. It's im season. What is going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we decided to give thor a break. He did just drop his five hundred player cops goodness for rookies in this year's draft class. Matt, they only draft two fifty. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: What an idiot? I mean, he could have done like three hundred.
Speaker 1: All right, what right?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 1: Nobody you would have quibbled. I asked him, why are you Why are you doing five hundred, and he said, it's a personal challenge to myself. There's no assignment to do five hundred. He just wanted to do five hundreds. He wanted to know something about everybody that can possibly have an impact. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: I mean, to that end, why stop at five hundred.
Speaker 1: Let's start breaking down Division II football.
Speaker 3: You never know.
Speaker 1: This week's show sans thor, I want to look at the ten players who are expected to go at or near the first round that are fantasy fantasy position players. There's gonna be a ton of offensive and defensive linemen taken in this draft, but there's ten guys who can go through the first round or early second round, maybe working their way into the bottom of the first and I'd like you and I had to go through them the ten. You can take five, I'll take five. We'll hit Travis Hunter at the end because he's his own special case. But here's the challenge, man. For each player, I want to give the probable landing spot, Like if you had to just bet on where that player is going to go, this would be the one team. I also want you to give me the perfect spot for fantasy greatness. If you could pick a semi plausible spot for that guy to drop too, this is where we would maximize his fantasy value. And then for each player, the dark horse team, somebody that people aren't generally talking about but could actually land that player.
Speaker 3: And we should mention that we're going to skip former incarnate word quarterback cam Ward, who's going to go first overall? Yes, because I bet Thor probably did the current incarnate word quarterback. He probably I don't know.
Speaker 1: The guy's name, but you are probably right about that. And so we're not going to do cam Ward because we all know where he's going. He's going first overall. There's a ninety five percent chances.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's pretty pretty obvious that he's going to go there. I got a couple of things in here later in the show that maybe if there's some crazy things that happen, I don't know, you never so I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, the reason why something crazy could happen at pick one is because cam Word should not go pick one. He is not the most talented player in this draft. In my mind, this is there are two players that are on their own tier, Travis Hunter and Abdulla Carter. Those are the two best players. They're not quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: I believe I heard on another podcast that last year when cam Ward came out and said he was going to join the NFL Draft, that they gave him a fourth or fifth round comp and then he went back to school.
Speaker 1: Good call. That's gonna make him many many millions.
Speaker 3: Dollars and it will. But we're talking about a guy who last year was a fourth or fifth round pick going first overall. That if I'm the Titans, that makes me pause a little bit.
Speaker 1: Just a little bit. What when I asked about cam Ward with thor and asked where would he have gone this just last week? Where would he go in last year's draft class as this year's cam Ward? So based on everything that we know through this season, he still wouldn't be a top five quarterback in last year's draft, but he's gonna go first overall here. So all right, let's roll up our sleeves beginning with and we'll put these in order. These are the order that they're generally being mocked in, but that doesn't mean that this is the order we think they're gonna go in or that they will go in. This is gonna be a super weird draft because it's so level. There isn't the steep cliff between players, and so this thing could go a lot of different ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's two players at the top in Travis Hunter and Abdull Carter, and then tier two is gigantic.
Speaker 1: Gigantic I think it is. I think it's a gigantic tier two. After those two guys, let's go to Ashton Genty, who's probably after cam Ward, expected to be the next Fantasy relevant player drafted on Thursday.
Speaker 3: I agree with that his probable landing spot is the Las Vegas Raiders. At pick numbers, they're the Draft Kings sportsbook favorite to land Ashton Genty. They're minus one ten to get them. And normally when they do like landing spots for specific player, they don't put a minus number on any guys. It's usually like, you know, the favorites, like plus two ninety or ago something like that. So Genty at minus one ten is a pretty telling sign. Pete Carroll likes to run the ball. He had Marshawn Lynch, he had Kenneth Walker, he had a bunch of different guys that were pretty good in that position.
Speaker 1: And Marshawn Lynch made those Super Bowl offenses as in my mind, as much as Russell Wilson did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, Tom Brady, right, who who is Pete Carroll's boss? Why did you? Why did you throw? They'll no, So Caroll likes to run the ball. This a mere White experiment was an absolute disaster. Last year, and the Raiders want to bring some level of professionalism back to their franchise. Running the ball really well will do that, and I think that it brings another dimension to that offense. My pie in the sky perfect landing spot for Genty is the Chargers trading up from number twenty two, and it probably be trade now this is I don't think there's this. There's a possibility that Jenty goes further than Dallas at twelve. I think I think that that is the drop dead spot right there. So I think if he if the Raiders skip him at six and he falls a little bit, this would be the Chargers moving up to like ten or eleven to go get Janty. The Harbaugh offense last year proved that it can have at least league average rushing stats with JK. Dobbins and Gus Edwards.
Speaker 1: The undead corpse of JK. Dobbins Gus Edwards.
Speaker 3: Ye, but uh, Jim just watched his brother John get rid of those two guys exactly and then insert a Derrick Henry runner into the Baltimore offense, which turned out to work really amazing for him. I think that the Charge would like to do something like that too. They added Naji Harris in the off season. They still have Dobbins, but it doesn't take much to beat out either of those two guys for the bellcow role.
Speaker 1: I commend you for not going Chicago for genty because there's going to be good running backs later for Chicago, and we'll talk more about those later. I think they'll they'll go another direction, including offensive line.
Speaker 3: Chicago has picked thirty nine and pick forty one, and I think that that's too juicy for them to just take a running back all the way up at what are they ten?
Speaker 1: Ten? Yep? At ten?
Speaker 3: The dark horse candidate?
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you Chargers were the dark There are my pie in the sky the dark horse.
Speaker 3: The Cleveland Browns at two. I don't think it too but probably moving down from two, and that's if the Patriots or the Jaguars want to bump up into the top three to go get a guy like Travis Hunter so or Abdul Carter. If the Browns slide down to four or five, suddenly, Ashton genty is kind of interesting right there. Jerome Ford, Pierre Strong, and John Kelly are the running backs on roster right now. And how do you overcome Deshaun Watson. You just make him turn around and hand the ball off to Ashton Genty.
Speaker 1: Over and over and over again. Come to this, they have to overcome their own quarterback.
Speaker 3: They do so I'm I'm I actually wouldn't rule out the Browns taking him at pick number two either.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Tet McMillan. And for me, I don't have any trades. I'm assuming all the teams stick to their spots when I do my probable landing spots and are pie in the skyline and the dark cars.
Speaker 3: You don't have an imagination, no.
Speaker 1: Imagination, No Teed McMillan. His comp has been t Higgins. You get the huge catch radius, you get the big hands, you get the his ability to outleap everybody. He's got the big frame. There's a lot of spots for him. I think the most probable landing spots for Teed McMillan. And this was a hard one for me. I think Alice at twelve because they they need another receiver after Seed Lamb.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I think that there they are a lock to get a position player in the first round.
Speaker 1: In mind, doesn't it feel that way? It does? It does, Although they need help on offensive line too, and that's their line has gotten worse. They need they need a few things, you know. I could see McMillan. The only reason I hesitate on McMillan to Dallas as opposed to Matthew Golden we'll talk about in a minute, is McMillan is not fast, and I think they could use a downfield burner and and so we'll see, we'll talk a little Matthew Golden later and see if that it makes a little more sense for Dallas. If there's a pie in the sky spot for Ted McMillan, to me, it's Seattle where he could walk in and replace DK Metcalf. Sam Donald was able to power Justin Jefferson into being an elite fantasy wide receiver. Sam Donald is a better fantasy quarterback for his receivers than Gino Smith would have been. And so I think the I think an ideal spot for Ted McMillan is if he does drop, and I I see him dropping in more and more mocks as we're getting closer to the closer to the draft itself, I could see McMillan dropping to eighteen for Seattle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there's there's an opportunity that we could see one wide receiver maybe picked in the first round.
Speaker 1: And it might not be Tet. They could drop yeah, and then my dark horse team, how about the Chargers?
Speaker 3: How about him? How about that?
Speaker 1: They just talked about the Chargers a little bit.
Speaker 3: They probably need a wide receiver Cocky over there, but.
Speaker 1: Said it slot for the ladd Their outside receivers are horrible. They might be starting Mike Williams, who couldn't catch a pass last year. So this is a This is a Charger team that really needs help. And if Ted, if Ted is sitting there at twenty two, I think the Chargers would make that move. This is a very good tight end draft class, beginning with Penn State tight end Tyler Warren. Talk to me about him.
Speaker 3: Matt the probable landing spot. Well, the the Vegas odds have the Colts at number fourteen or the Jets at number seven as the top two options. I think the most likely outcome is the Bears at number ten, though the new coach Ben Johnson had Sam Laporta in Detroit, and when you have a top tier tight end like Sam Laporta, it unlocks your offense in so much of a different way. Cole Komet's a guy. He's not a difference maker.
Speaker 1: You know what he is. He's an overpaid guy.
Speaker 3: He's an overpaid guy fifty And it's possible what a bad contract. Ben Johnson could come in and just say, Hey, some of these guys that you've signed, I don't really want them. Cut them.
Speaker 1: It's possible that happens when new regimes take over.
Speaker 3: So you think that they could go runner maybe at ten. We talked about that a little bit before, but I think Ashton genty is gone and no other runner really makes sense there. Plus the depth of the position so deep, so I think they grab one with one of their second round picks, the Pie in the sky. To be honest, we just talked about this team as well. I think the best possible landing spot would be Dallas at pick number twelve for a lot of the things you said. Dak Prescott, he's a good quarterback who supported good fantasy tight ends before Ceedee Lamb is gonna draw coverage away. Their offensive line is about league average, and I don't think that'll force him to stay in and block too much. And they have no other weapons. They'll definitely draft a running back but he's fighting with Jake Ferguson, Jalen Tolbert, and Cavante Turpin for targets. If that's all he's fighting with, he's getting ten targets a game in that offense. So the dark horse, I've got the Jacksonville Jaguars if they choose to trade down out of number five.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna give you the I'm gonna give you the trade down scenario for Jacksonville. You just mentioned the Bears how they need a running back. They'd love to get a running back, and they could get one in the second round, but they've got the two second round picks, Sojaguar. The Bears go from ten, they flip to five with the Jaguars, they give up one of their two second early second round picks to move five spots and to take genty yes, and they take Ashon genty yeah, and they stay get up one spot ahead of the Raiders.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Let didn't that'd be amazing.
Speaker 3: I think the Jaguars are definitely in a spot to trade down a little bit.
Speaker 1: Agreed. They need help a lot of places, and you know, the Jaguars, it's a spot that's really kind of made for a tight end to pop in right now, all you gotta do is beat out Brenton Strange.
Speaker 3: They have pieces of a good offense with Brian Thomas Trevor Lawrence. They are a couple of running backs that are yeah all right, and they got a new offensive coach. Another spot. He'd be featured right away. They won't pick him at number five, but if someone skips out of the top three or four, the Jags would be a good spot right there. Notable I did see on thor Nis Drum's latest mock draft on Fantasy Life. He had the Niners trading up to number five. I don't see it to take Tyler Warren.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I thought it's crazy, that's nuts.
Speaker 1: The George Kittle succession plan.
Speaker 3: Don't trade up to number five.
Speaker 1: I don't see that.
Speaker 3: Thorn.
Speaker 1: I love Thorp. Yeah that's I don't agree with that, all right. That was Tyler Warren. Let's go to the other tight end. Yeah, that's being mocked into the first round widely, and that's Colston Loveland. This is the Michigan kid, the big frame, He's smooth, he's fluid runner, elite route runner, can run in a full route tree for a tight end, and honestly, you can run receiver route trees. At Michigan, they lined him up slot in line and outside of the boundary for a tight end. Versatiles and Loveland ver very versatile. I like versatile, not versatile exactly.
Speaker 3: I say versatile when I'm using it in the middle of a sentence, but just saying.
Speaker 1: It alone, you gotta a little extra emphasis on the second sylt. That a drop rate of just three percent. Now everybody is tying Jim Harbaugh, Colton Loveland's college coach at Michigan to the Chargers at pick twenty two. I'm gonna I'm gonna go with the masses and say that's a very probable landing spot because la only has Tyler Conklin and then the Ben the Brian Johnson.
Speaker 3: Favorite Will Disley, well Dusli.
Speaker 1: Exactly, well done, that's the Brian Johnson. Is it British accent?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 3: I think that was like Irish of Scottish.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. Yeah, yeah, so that still makes it. It still makes a ton of sense. They could use help there where you talked about the Chargers passing game needing more than just Lad mcconkee here's the landing spot that is best for fantasy greatness for Colson Loveland. The Bengals pick seventy, they got Jamar Chase, they got To Higgins. You can't put more defensive resources against the tight end. Yes, Mike Kasicki's there, but Kasiki is like thirty years old in this point right, and Loveland would be a guy. Whereas Kasiki is a qualified blocker, he's more of an inline guy. Colson Lovelin could be standing in the slot, he could be boundary guy. There's a lot of ways that Loveland could still be fantasy impactful even with Kasiki there. I would love that spot for him long term. Not maybe not so much this year, but in future years. That would be a great spot for Colson Lovelin.
Speaker 3: I think that makes a lot of sense if the Bengals trade Trey Hendrickson on Draft Day and get another first round pick.
Speaker 1: Hmmm. I wonder if that could happen. Maybe think it could the dark horse team that could take Colson Lovelin. Let's say he falls. If he gets past the Chargers at pick twenty two. There isn't another team that needs tight end, particularly the Rams do somewhat until you get to thirty one and thirty two, and now we're talking Chiefs and Eagles, both of with older, very successful tight ends, offenses that need a good tight end and need to do succession planning. Whether it's Travis Kelcey or Dallas Goddard. Colson Lovelin could fall to either one of those two at thirty one and thirty two, and that would have massive dynasty implications. Again, not so much for this year with established starters there, but really beginning next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the Eagles have Dallas Goddard firmly on the trade.
Speaker 1: Block too, probably thirty years old.
Speaker 3: I would think that Howie Roseman would try to move him if they could, so I think that that makes a lot of sense if he falls all the way to the end of the first.
Speaker 1: And even if they don't move Goddard this year, it would be if they just passed the baton by next Well, that's.
Speaker 3: What they did with zach Ertz, right, Yeah, zach Ertz was a fantastic tight end, and they drafted Dallas Goddard in the first round.
Speaker 1: Right was it first round for Goddard or.
Speaker 3: Maybe early second, but he was early. I know that.
Speaker 1: Let's take a break. When we come back, we've got six more guys to get through. We'll talk through perfect landing spots, dark horse landing spots for the ten players we believe are going to go in the first round, plus Travis Hunter, who's got his own special case. We'll talk him through as well. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. We are enjoying some old forest or whiskey.
Speaker 3: Yeah side. I mean, it reminds me the.
Speaker 1: Old days of our old fantasy football almost daily when we had when we were we had whiskey tastings.
Speaker 3: And whiskey Wednesday, Whiskey Wednesday. You know, Church, I think that every time I come over here to do a podcast now for these off season shows, we're drinking whiskey. So you probably should demand to have me more often so I get more whiskey.
Speaker 1: I can't possibly drink whiskey without you, That's true.
Speaker 3: I'm looking into your pantry right now, and it's a it's a really nice little collection.
Speaker 1: It is a nice I've really gone towards quality over quantity, I mean, and that makes sense. I feel pretty good about that. Old You don't have just a whole bunch of winsor Canadian old red Reserve is if you can, if you're in the Twin cit you're in Minnesota. Old Red Reserve is still in some stores. You can still find it sometimes. That's my hand picked whiskey that I did with a my friend Chad Greenway through a Gray Duck Spirits. Highly recommend. It's fantastic Red Reserve. Thank you. It's really it is. It's delicious. I got to hand choose that and it's fantastic. Take a look for it if you're anywhere near the Minnesota area. Okay, let's get back to the ten players we believe will go in or near the first round and talk about their landing spots, including among the fastest and maybe the fastest wide receiver in this draft, Matthew Golden. He ran a four to two nine. But he's not just a cheap speed run, straight run, fast guy.
Speaker 3: He's not Troy Williamson.
Speaker 1: He's not He's not Troy. We're still wounded here in Minnesota from that.
Speaker 3: What, Yes, Matthew Golden like this whiskey right here? Yeah, it is probable landing spot right now. His over under was pick seventeen and a half and the under is currently favored at minus one forty.
Speaker 1: The tricky part about that landing spot, so seventeen is Cincinnati. They don't need a receive they don't, but most of the teams above them also don't need a receiver. Yeah, Arizona just one receiver, Atlanta took Drake London recently, Indianapolis probably not. Miami doesn't need a receiver unless they're really going to move on from Tyreek Hill. So I don't I think I think I'd rather be I think it's going to go on the other side of seventeen For Matthew Golden.
Speaker 3: I will be in Iowa tomorrow and I will probably place a few NFL Draft bats, and if it's still at seventeen and a half, I'm going to hit the over on Matthew Golden. But I do think the most probable spot is pick eighteen, and that's the Seattle Seahawks. And we talked a little bit about Seattle before. If you trade away a star receiver, usually like when we traded Randy Moss here in Minnesota, you go get a Troy Williamson as is a replacement, or a Stefan Diggs to Justin Jefferson, which worked out a little bit. They do have JSN and Cooper Cup and Seattle. But Cup might be cooked and he's probably just the slot guy. I don't know they got JSN and Cup. They're both kind of slot guys. It'll be interesting to see how.
Speaker 1: This work signing was. It was a bad signing. It was really expensive and just exact and kind of weird. Yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Feasibly, the Seattle front office could go to the fans and say we went from Metcalf, JSN and Locket to JSN, Cup and Matthew Golden, and that's easy to sell as a massive improvement. Right there, pie in the sky, what if he just drops? And I think that there's a good chance that he might just drop, and he's sitting there for Buffalo at pick number thirty. And I know that we all like Khalil Shakir and Keon Coleman.
Speaker 1: But Coleman didn't show as much as I wanted him to.
Speaker 3: I think that we just we just like him on a per arsenal level because he's a very likable guy.
Speaker 1: He missed a bunch of time, and I like six weeks, so I appreciate that that he didn't get like a full rookie year. But I still thought the fact that he couldn't get on the field over guys like Amari Cooper as much as I wanted was disappointing for Coleman.
Speaker 3: Well, and just think about putting like a good weapon on the field for prime Josh Allen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that too, Like, don't you think that you need to.
Speaker 3: Do that for Josh Allen? Right now? The time is now for the Buffalo Bills, right, it's a no brainer. If he falls to thirty, Buffalo could seemingly make a move up to say to you know, like pick twenty four if he were to fall in front of the Minnesota Vikings there who are probably looking to add some draft picks after having only four in this draft right now.
Speaker 1: And that would put him right ahead of Houston. That is a potential wide receiver target.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh, the dark horse, and this one's dark. What if the Panthers take it?
Speaker 1: How dark is it? The pain the Panthers an eight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the Panthers have wow, luxurious black fur.
Speaker 1: That's out dark.
Speaker 3: What if Ted McMillan goes in the top seven, or what if the Panthers just have a higher grade on Matthew Golden and they've got Adam Thielen, Xavier Lagette and Jalen Cocher. Flan's not going to be there for very long, and I don't know if Lagett and Cocer are any good for real. The Panthers might be looking for that perfect wide receiver match still for Bryce Young.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, I don't you framed it up as a dark horse pick, and it is a dark It's a legitimate need for Carolina for sure.
Speaker 3: It's a dark cat pick.
Speaker 1: Oh. I like it dark cat better because so many players after Travis Hunter and a dual Carter Great out almost identically. There's going to be stuff that happens just like that, where Matthew Golden, you know, could be anywhere in the next twenty picks, including up to eight. It's not impossible, so he could go anywhere from eight to thirty. That what we're saying. Yes, that's really broad. I don't think you're gonna get it wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I will try to bet him between eight and thirty.
Speaker 1: You'll get a great return on that. Omarion Hampton is a North Carolina running back who is a North South drop the hammer banger and he can catch. He has he had really lousy blocking for most of his time at North Carolina didn't matter. He turns negative plays into positive plays. He posted at least sixty seven missed tackles in each of the last two seasons. He averaged four almost four and a half yards after contact. He broke at least one tackle on a majority of his forty five carries of ten or more yards last year. Hampton is going is by most everybody believed to be the second best running back in this draft class. So where does he go? Almost everybody has got him mocked to Denver at twenty and it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Okay, Denver Ne's the.
Speaker 1: Most running back help but evan any team in the league and it's not close. So it makes total sense that Marion Hampton could be at Denver. And I'm not even gonna argue that part. No team drafting from pick three thirteen to nineteen needs a running back, so nobody from nineteen to thirteen to nineteen's taken a runner. So it just it all lines up for Denver. And I feel as confident about Omarion Hampton landing in Denver as I do any player in the second half of the first round ending anywhere. But If it doesn't go there, the perfect spot would be Washington twenty nine. Yep. You know, longtime FFW listeners, you know that. I think Brian Robinson is just a guy. Austin Eckler is a role player as a pass catcher and a change of pace guy. I would love to see Omarion Hampton fall to twenty nine for Washington. It's possible it could happen. In this deep running back draft, a lot of teams that need running back could wait. He could fall to Washington at twenty nine and join one of the better, young, most exciting offenses in the league, and your dark horse team to take Omarion Hampton Chargers.
Speaker 3: Yep, they Chargers are gonna take somebody.
Speaker 1: They're gonna right, we want them to go offense. Apparently, Yes, they signed Najie Harris, But is Harris the ultimate workhorse back that you know Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman want to have. Uh, he is not the final solution workhorse back.
Speaker 3: You know what the Chargers are gonna do. They're gonna go trenches again again. That's what they're going to do. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. We'll find out, but it wouldn't surprise anybody, right, No, you never have enough good linemen. Yep, all right, let's go to Shadur Sanders. Matt this is a player we've seen mocked as high as two and as and and as low as the mid twenties with Pittsburgh at twenty one seems to be the range.
Speaker 3: So a few mocks where he's falling out of the first round too. So I think that Chadur in the black and metallic gold, stays in the black and Metallic Gold and goes to the Saints at number nine. They're the current favorite plus one ninety five to take Sanders. I think it's most likely it's Derek Carbage time right now. He suddenly injured in April with some weird shoulder injury that just is announced like right before the draft. What a weird thing to drop right before the draft.
Speaker 1: That is suspicious.
Speaker 3: So and plus he hasn't been good. The Saints just hired Kellen Metter to be their coach. He's gonna want to play making quarterback like you had in Philly last year. A Jalen Hurts or Dallas with Dak Prescott before it might be the only chance the Saints have to be relevant in the league this year, and if they want to make some sort of splash, I think they have to take a quarterback, and I think he's gonna go at nine. The only way the Saints don't get him is if my Pie and the Sky team jumps the Saints oh and takes Shadure Sanders at number eight, and it's another Black and Gold team, the Pittsburgh Steelers. I think that this trade would make a lot of sense for the Panthers, by the way, because the Panthers at eight get to keep Shaduur Sanders out of the division and they get to, you know, a trade up from twenty one to eight that's gonna give them some expertise. So the Steelers could tell Aaron Rodgers Cyinara though, and Shadur comes to the team with George Pickens, DK Metcalf and a similarly below average offensive line, which Schadur already dealt with in Colorado. So I think that that one, while it's while it's a good landing spot for him, I think it makes sense in a lot of ways too.
Speaker 1: The dark horse here for Shador Sanders.
Speaker 3: For Shadeur Sanders, the Tennessee Titans yes, that's right.
Speaker 1: What do you mean they're not taking him at one.
Speaker 3: No, they're not gonna take him at one. But if they get the Godfather offer for number one, h and they're not in love with cam Ward because like we've kind of talked about, he was a fourth or fifth round pick comp last year. Yeah, and might have been the sixth or seventh quarterback off the board last year, they might not be totally in love with them. And maybe the Giants call and say, we're gonna move from three to one and we're gonna give you our first next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so okay, the Titans move down to three and they're all set to take Abdul Carter, Travis Hunter, and that's a pretty good spot for them to be in. But what if all of a sudden the Raiders call and say, hey, we're gonna move from six to three and the Titans gain another first round pick in which they maybe they can, and all of a sudden they're sitting there with the Giants and Raiders first round picks next year, Oh my gosh. And then suddenly they're sitting at six and they've made up huge haul of future picks. It's probably not gonna happen. But Shador Sanders at six to the Titans. You're if you're the GM of the Titans and you walk away doing.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, with two more first round picks.
Speaker 3: It's like cheers to you, man, you did it, all right.
Speaker 1: It's it's highly implausible, but this was the dark horse. Yeah, all right, if it works out exactly the way you said it, Yeah, they go three to six. I'm gonna play this back. We're gonna play this back, play it back every every show for a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll be like the John Tuv call of who was.
Speaker 1: It that would be the Detroit Lion wide receiver, the take a chance on me.
Speaker 3: We're he was a Bengal at the time.
Speaker 1: You're right, a turn Lion, Bengal turned Lion.
Speaker 3: Ah take a chance on me, called out.
Speaker 1: He had a four touchdown. Take a chance on me. I can't remember.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be that guy.
Speaker 1: The receiver was in the league forever too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should know it's gonna come to me.
Speaker 1: Amika, you'll look it up on Amika Abuka. This is the Ohio State slot receiver. Pure slot receiver, which is really important when you're trying to when you're trying to line up where he might go. Thorist comp on him was Jackson Smith and Jigbup. He's Marvin Jones, Jones, I was, I was, I was, I was at the Marvi it was Marvin Jones.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, absolutely only.
Speaker 1: A five percent drop rate. He's super slippery. Some people quibble about how much he was helped by the totality of the awesome Ohio State offense because he rarely got double coverage, and yes, but nevertheless there's a lot out of the belief is that Amika Egbuka will go late first round, early second round. So let's look at some possible spots for him. I want to start with pick twenty seven, Baltimore. So Baltimore's got Za Flowers. He plays the left side, the right side in the slot roughly evenly, not a pure slot guy. They also overshot Bateman, who never plays the slot, so they could bring in Egbuka and make him an immediate slot receiver on every down. That's got three receivers on the field, and the.
Speaker 3: Ravens feel like a team that's like looking at their window and going, we got a year, we got two years. We need to add guys that help us get over the humprun.
Speaker 1: I think he would be that guy. They could really use a pure slot receiver. So if I had to pick a spot right now, it would be Baltimore pick number twenty seven for Amika Egbuka. Then my pie in the sky is this pick twenty six the Rams. He would walk into the Cooper Cup role. Here's Sean McVay who schemed open to his slot receiver, Cooper Cup for years, and now you get a young slot receiver many believe the best slot receiver in this draft, and you get to pair him with Sean McVay.
Speaker 3: Oh baby, I like that. You're pie in the sky team as it picked twenty six and the probable seven.
Speaker 1: You're just sitting there. Yes, it's a one pick later. I just think the Rams have more varied needs than receiver, but that Baltimore does. But you're right, there's not a big distinction there, all right, my dark horse team, And I think this also makes a ton of sense. Pick thirty two Philadelphia, So they've got two hour up primarily outside receivers AJ Brown, DeVonta Smith, and then it just falls off a cliff John Dotson. Last year that trade yielded them I don't know, like twenty receptions all year, Man, that team desperately needs a third wide receiver.
Speaker 3: They've tied up so much capital into the wide receiver position. With DeVonta Smith just signing a big contract, d aj Brown's making a lot of money with.
Speaker 1: This kid's on his rookie deal. I know it's not expensive. At pick thirty two.
Speaker 3: Man, I think that that one, that one's the darkest of horses.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's I don't think it's unrealistic.
Speaker 3: I think that's more unrealistic than Shadure going to the Titans at six.
Speaker 1: No, no, it is not that is you are crazy. All right, let's go to Travon Henderson while we're talking about Ohio State guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Henderson could go anywhere from the mid first round as RB two off the board to the mid second round as a possible fifth or sixth running back, which means we're looking at late first, early second. The most likely outcome in my mind is the Bears with one of their two early second round picks picks thirty nine and forty one, thor has him compeded Clinton Portis That seems pretty similar to like a David Montgomery style runner.
Speaker 1: To me, I think Montgomery. Well, I'm older, remember Clinton Portis. Montgomery's more of a straight ahead banger than Portos, but there is some complimentary skills set there.
Speaker 3: But I think that either way, getting a one A in your running back offense and the Ben Johnson offense is probably probable. Here Pie and the Sky the Bears are about as good an option as there is. But if Henderson lasts into the early second round, any of the top three teams in the second round would probably have him slot in as their Day one starter. Cleveland at thirty three I talked a little bit about before with genty. The Giants have Tyrone Tracy, but he faded down the stretch, and the Titans at thirty five have Tony Pollard and TYJ Spears. Neither of those guys seems like a shoe in for two hundred touches next year. My official answer is Cleveland because I think whatever running back ends up in Cleveland, I think he's gonna have the most success and have the best chance of being a Belcow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Cleveland obviously is I think Cleveland and Denver the two teams most desperate for help at the running back position.
Speaker 3: All right, and my dark horse. Yes, I wanted to say the Chiefs, but I'm not gonna say the Chiefs because that's two easy.
Speaker 1: It's not dark enough.
Speaker 3: For not dark enough, the San Francisco forty nine ers is dark horse, and it's gonna get darker. Charge You're gonna get real dark for Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 1: You're gonna give Christian McCaffrey the leprosy. How dark is this gonna turn?
Speaker 3: I think Christian McCaffrey might be a slot wide receiver by this time next year. Christian McCaffrey came into last season hurt. He never looked right. Guess what you can't do to an aging playmaker like that. You can't give him twenty five touches a game.
Speaker 1: But I can convert him to slot receiver.
Speaker 3: You can convert him to the D Bowl roll. You could give him five to eight rushes a game and have him split into the slot a ton of time and just be looking for chunksy yardage here and there, and then all of a sudden you have Traveon Henderson to take twenty carries and run straight ahead with that four to four speed, in that four to three gpa. I think that this is kind of a no brainer for the forty.
Speaker 1: Nine ers point average into this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. College GPA of four to three is no laughing matter. Oh that's good, that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: I thought four was as high as you could go. You get a pluses in there, you can get a pluses.
Speaker 3: And and his mom paid him one hundred dollars for every uh a honor roll grade that he got.
Speaker 1: I've always wondered about whether or not you should do that as a parent. I do pay for good grade.
Speaker 3: I do that for my kids. But here's here's my rule. It's four point oh for four hondo oh, I like it. You have to get a four point oh, not a three point nine. Yeah, but if you get the four point oh, you get four hundred dollars. Okay, and I've paid it out once in fortune. Okay.
Speaker 1: One question.
Speaker 3: That's not bad.
Speaker 1: It's that's hard. It's hard to do. That is hard to do. How many four point ohs did you get?
Speaker 3: I think two or three in high school?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, not very many. It's pretty tough. It is pretty tough. That is pretty tough. And does four undred dollars even motivate kids anymore? Yeatlation everything okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Okay, good and and also alliteration of four you can chant it and all that stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when your kid's taking the test, are you outside the room chanting it?
Speaker 3: You know it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that wouldn't be weird at all that my dad's outside chanting all right. Our last player before we do, Travis Hunter is our bonus at the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Caleb Johnson is the Iowa running back who basically was the entire offense because they could not pass at all. They were great dead defensively, and then they had Caleb Johnson. He is the best power back, pure power back in this draft. Six foot tall, two hundred and twenty five pounds. He averaged six and a half yards per carry between the guards. He's got, really, he's got. He doesn't have the footwork of a big man. He's got the great footwork.
Speaker 3: And the footwork got a small man.
Speaker 1: I'm a small man. How much smaller man he's uh, he's He reminds me of Le'Veon Bell when they do stretch his own plays where he's patient. He's patient, he's patient. Then he cuts and plants one foot and now here comes this load downfield. He's just I if Caleb Johnson gets into the right spot, he's looking at ten touchdown seasons for many years because he is built for goal line use and he is he's a true workhorse. I'm I'm really excited for this guy. A lot of the Landing Spot conversations the same with Trevion Henderson because we're talking about teams that need running backs.
Speaker 3: I've got a bonus one for you because I know, I know I have to. I have a feeling I know who you're gonna mention it.
Speaker 1: Okay, you mentioned yours first, All right, Well, Chicago picked thirty eight to me, to me, I think they go offensive line at pick at pick ten, and then with the offensive line help, they go running back, so that Ben Johnson has got his new, his new you know, his new Jamier Gibbs.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Differently, I think it's a given. I think that at thirty nine or forty one, if the Bears don't trade, they will get a running back at one of the great picks.
Speaker 1: Agreed, Then I already mentioned Washington picked twenty nine in business for a running back that would really help take some pressure off of their young, exciting quarterback Jaydon Daniels and then the dark horse team for me, and I guess it's not that dark because you already talked about Cleveland. To pick thirty three is not even really a dark horse. They need a running back. They Nick Chubb's gone. He's a free agent, by the way, nob he's got Nick Chubb, right. Yeah, And here's a bonus team for you. Give it to me.
Speaker 3: Why not the Houston Texans at twenty five.
Speaker 1: I love it because I think Joe Mixon's cooked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looked good for like about six games, and then he looked.
Speaker 1: Terrible in Their whole offensive line look terrible too. But yes, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that I think that that's kind of a dark horse there. K Caleber, another runner might go at twenty five to the Texans.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like it. I worry the Texans don't see it that way, but that's how I see it.
Speaker 3: I heard they might like Mixon more than we like Mixing.
Speaker 1: I think that's the case it could be. Let's talk Travis Hunter. On Thursday, Browns general manager Andrew Berry said he sees Travis Hunter is a wide receiver first and a quarterback second.
Speaker 3: That's telling that's.
Speaker 1: That would change. That would change the out look a lot. If you knew he was gonna play almost every snap at wide receiver and only some snaps at cornerback. That really changes all of the the all of the ways that you would be looking at Travis Hunter where you draft him, especially in dynas.
Speaker 3: So the Browns are for sure taking Abdull Carter then yeah, right, maybe yeah, I trying to tock him up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that's it. Maybe that's it. I I'm fascinated by Hunter. Where I think you wouldn't want to take Hunter is in a guillotine league, Oh, because sometimes he's not gonna be on the field enough.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna start putting production cornerback points into guillotine League?
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't have me. I t PDP guillotine League.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hunter's gonna be really really interesting, right if to see where he goes and how much how much he gets used offensively, And we won't know the answer to that until probably week one or into the season. This is gonna be one of the biggest speculation talking points. Are gonna have all preseason?
Speaker 3: Uh, charge, I don't play IDP at all? Do you play IDP?
Speaker 1: I haven't in about twelve years.
Speaker 3: I'm interested to see how they treat Travis Hunter and if they have to treat him like Baseball treated show high time art and have an offensive and a defensive version of Travis Hunter. Yes, because if he's playing both, and he's playing both at a high level, he breaks the game, right because all of a sudden, you're getting double points. You're getting double points off everybody, and then they'd be kind of the number one overall pick.
Speaker 1: And well unless and this is this is going really deep. But if he's so, if you are absolutely awesome at cornerback, like Dean Sanders was, Dean Sanders never racked up any points because nobody threw at him and he didn't tackle. Dean Sanders was a Hall of Fame grade Is he in the Hall of Fame Hall of Fame grade cornerback? But he never racked up stats. Nobody threw on his side of the field.
Speaker 3: He just scored touchdowns that they did, right. Yeah, I think it would be interesting to see, even in standard fantasy leagues that still use team defenses, how do you treat Travis Hunter in those situations? If you have Travis Hunter as a wide receiver on your team. Are you getting credit for his his defensive scores? Can't?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, that's that part is a that's it's something every league's gonna have to deal with and get codified in the rules. And if you draft the wide receiver and he gets a pick six and as a cornerback, are you getting those points?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have just the important thing you should decide at a time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now in dynasty, right now, Travis Hunter is going to pick six in re in rookie dynasty drafts. That's pick six.
Speaker 3: That seems insane to me. I think he's gonna end up as a corner more often because it's so hard to find shut down corners in this league and they're worth so much, and there's so many good wide receivers. Yeah, we might have the deepest wide receiver pool in the league ever right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not in this draft class. Yeah, yeah, that's gonna be. I can't wait to see how it plays out for him. And again, it'll be all speculation until week one, and even then it might change by week eight or week twelve, and you know who knows. I believe it'll be it'll be Cleveland that takes me.
Speaker 3: You think it's gonna be Cleveland. I would like to think that we have some trade Shenanigans because I love trades in the NFL Draft. I hope it's the Patriots trading up, oh God, to get him. I think that that would be more fun. I know that you love Drake May.
Speaker 1: I love Drake.
Speaker 3: I would love to see Travis Hunter paired with Drake May. And gosh, if the Patriots could trade from four to two and take him, they solve a lot of things. And it seems like a Mike Rabel kind of move, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I mean, I think Mike Rabel. I think of Derrick Henry rumbling down the you know, the middle of the building. Stuff you could take. You could take him as a defensive player. And also, oh, we didn't really help our our.
Speaker 3: Quarterback very much.
Speaker 1: Thing to help. They did nothing to help Drake May this offseason. Yeah, it's so dumb Patriots.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: I mean, Drake May, God love him. The dude was getting murdered every play last year, no help from that horrible offensive line. They added Stephan Diggs and the one is one leg. Come on, Patriots and it's not even a guaranteed contract if he doesn't pass the physical right, so they might not have added Stephan Diggs. I don't know what they're doing there. Thank you, Matt. Yeah, this has been a ton of fun. Thanks for listening, everybody. We'll be back next week on Friday, the day after the first round, and we'll thorough join us good carved already carved out our time with Thor in a very busy day for him. Next week and we'll recap all of the fantasy relevant first round picks.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll talk to you then, everybody. Bye bye. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.