Speaker 1: Welcome everybody. It is the KSR Pre Show. It's Thursday, May the eighth. I'm Shannon the Dude to be enjoined by Billy rut Ledge and give us a call on the Clark's Puppetshop phone line at eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven be our Whiskey Thief call of the day. You can also send us a text at five O two two six five six six five six. The KSR Pre Show is being brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining in Lexington. Sitting here in Louisville at the studios at four Street Live, looking at Billy r Sports who is in the studio downtown in Lexington. And uh, Billy, and I was sitting here talking about his garage. So he's going to be having coming on just a few weeks from now. And I've seen that garage of yours, Billy, you've sent that picture to me before. I think you need to have a garage sell just so you can, you know, have the ability to move around in that thing, keeping your life savings in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Unfortunately I haven't made a ton of progress on that garage yet. I sent you the video with the preference of if I didn't clean my garage, you could release it to the public. Please don't do that. I've still got to have not worked on the garage. I've come to the realization slowly that I am a bit of a hoarder.
Speaker 3: Shannon.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say, you put me on what the Lifestyle Channel or TLC and you do a whole episode about me.
Speaker 3: But I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: But like old mementos, old clothes, things that I have an attachment to, I've got a tough time getting rid of. So when the fiances told me we have to have a yard sale, no debate about it. We've got to get rid of some of this stuff. I'm I'm finding myself emotionally attached to stupid things.
Speaker 1: Isn't it strange? Like I'm like that a little bit. I used to be a lot worse. But now that I've gotten older, I've, you know, I guess, gotten better at giving up things that I've had stupid sentimental value for him, Like why do I have a sentimental value to this Bellarman baseball shirt? Oh yeah, but that was the good old days when I was on the team and I yeah, man, the blood, sweat and tears that this shirt had on it, you know, throughout the years, I can't throw away my Bellarman baseball practice shirt. But then eventually I'm like, all right, it's already it's bigger than what I would wear right now too, so I'm just gonna throw it away. So I've gotten a little bit better about it. You though, on the other hand, what are you hanging on to, like oat mil cookie wrappers? Oh? No, it's empty coke cans. I mean, you know, Matt Jones seems to have some sort of affinity for empty diet coke cans and McDonald's cups that he just, you know, keeps. I don't know if it's for sentimental value or you know, his lack of ability to clean up after himself, but probably.
Speaker 2: A little of both there with Matt. But it's not like I've got trash everywhere. I do have these twinkies still in the studio from I think Christmas of twenty twenty two. Its sentimental to you, they are they are It's my game twinkies.
Speaker 3: I gotta have these twinkies for a game day, Shannon.
Speaker 2: But it's like I've got this like metal Jack Daniel's whiskey sign I picked up at Goodwill and hung in my dorm room for two years.
Speaker 3: I can't get rid of that, Shannon, but I probably should.
Speaker 2: Like I'm never gonna hang that thing up again, and it doesn't have any value to me now, much like if I'm going to use it in the future. But I'm like you, I think about college, I think about the good old days, so I can't get rid of it. But I've never had a yard cell before with my things. I think my parents did it when I was a kid, and you know, I didn't mind getting rid of their stuff, Shannon. But when it's my stuff that people are going to be rummaging through, I think I'm going to have a little bit of an.
Speaker 3: Issue with this.
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, we always had a yard sell at my grandparents every summer.
Speaker 3: Every summer you had a yard summer, and it was actually.
Speaker 1: It was kind of fun, actually, and you know, I'd put out the bike or you know, something small, you know, and make a few bucks off of it. But here's the thing, though, Billy, if you have like a sentimental attachment to it, you gotta be willing to let it go. Like when somebody's interested in your old shoes and you got twenty five dollars on them, you got to be willing to part with them for fifty cents because people are going to bargain you down at these yard cells. I'm just going to let you know. And they get out there early. If you're a yard seller, you know you don't go out yard selling at nine o'clock in the morning because all the stuff has already been picked over by then. You got to get out there like right when it starts. Some of them are out there at like seven seves thirty in the morning, already going through you know, the pick of the yard cell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I've seen the bargaining.
Speaker 1: Is that like? Is that?
Speaker 2: Does that have to exist? Can I are my prices? Can they be final when when it when it comes to these products? Or are they just gonna talk me down every time because we talked about this, I'm bad at negotiating.
Speaker 1: Well, then you're gonna lose it all.
Speaker 2: But they're gonna come in and say fifty cents for your sentimental case.
Speaker 1: Okay, but look at it like this. They're giving you fifty cents not much, okay, a dollar whatever it is. But they're helping helping you pay to get rid of the stuff in your garage, so you're you got to look at it like it's a win win, even if you make a few bucks. The bigger picture thing here is that you are getting rid of all the crap in your garage and at the end of the weekend, you're gonna have a nice garage that's clean, with empty space where you can actually walk around it like you're supposed to be able to. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're taking a big haulover to like Goodwill, you know, maybe like clothes and things like that. We're gonna give away a lot of stuff like that. But there is just some randomness in that garage that it's got to go. But it's you know, it is a breaking point. I see the hoarders people like the TV show, like I mentioned, and that's like, that's like you can't walk through the living room, like the kitchen is just a cesspool of disgusting and and the fridge has got food that's been expired for six months.
Speaker 1: So well that you you righties twisted The twinkies have been expired for over a year.
Speaker 3: Twinkies don't expire.
Speaker 2: They they will last longer than us, Shannon, they'll last longer than AI. They'll still be twinkies around when AI is running all the radio shows around. So if we have the yard sale, I'll let you I'll let you know, so you guys can come rummage through my things.
Speaker 1: Cause I don't want your junk. But come on updated, keep me updated. I want to before and after a picture of your garage and.
Speaker 3: My old shoes. Yeah, I'll let you know.
Speaker 1: We still have no pope. I think that's one of the big topics of the world, right I smoke. I got I get up this morning to turn on my local news and try to, you know, see what's going on with the Joe Creeson situation, which we'll get to in just a minute. But it wasn't even on. They had the national news on because they're talking about Okay, we're still waiting on a new pope to be announced. I didn't know yesterday, Billy. We learned on KSR there's a Pope power rankings where you've got all the different popes, the odds on him. You can actually bet on who's going to become the next Pope. My pope though that I would like to elect this this fifty nine year old uh named what was it Pizza Bala?
Speaker 3: I don't know the names of the pope. I think you'll have to fill me in.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it was Pizza Bala. I could be mispronouncing his name, but I mispronounced a lot of names on this show anyway, though, I'm just saying, if we get a fifty nine year old pope, why would you not elect? Now? Look, I know he may not be experienced like some of the other popes out there, but why not get a younger pope? That way, we've got more longevity. You know, we don't need to be doing the conclave thing every few years because we're electing popes that are ninety five years old. Right, how about we get a younger pope and then, in theory, you know, if he lives to be let's say eighty, we get another twenty one years before we have to do this again.
Speaker 2: I think that's some good reasoning, Shannon. I just want to make sure you don't think you're going to get pizza every time this guy speaks like. It's not like he's going to be given out. Domin knows if the Pizza cardinal gets elected to be pope.
Speaker 3: But you know, this is an interesting process.
Speaker 2: It's heightened even more if you watch the movie Conclave, which I did a couple of weeks ago. You know, I was looking up some story about it, or listening to Terry Miners I think later talk about it. And did you know that this process one year or I guess back in the day took three years before they were able to.
Speaker 3: Decide a pope.
Speaker 2: So in the twelfth twelfth century, the Conclave took three years, over a thousand days for them to finally agree on a pope.
Speaker 3: There's no way that happens now, right.
Speaker 2: I mean they're locked off from the world, they can't have cell phones, they can't talk to anybody.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine going through that process for three years, not alone in one week?
Speaker 1: I can't. I was watching some of the National Analysis and one of the ladies that was on there speaking said that, you know when they when they break for lunch, that's kind of like a moment to where you could have some of the guys, you know, maybe persuading others to vote their way. So a little politics. Yeah, there's a lot of politic and that goes on at this lunch. So whenever that lunch is scheduled. You know, maybe there'll be some shift at votes, but we'll keep you we'll keep you updated on that. Yeah, his name is Peer, Pierre Batista, Pizza Bala.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, will count me in the camp rooting for Pizza Bala. And we know in this world, if there is something going on, people will find a way to gamble on it. I learned that when we learned that the old men are setting lines at the high School Championship Boys Basketball State Tournament, Shannon, They're they're always going to bet on it if it's possible. Are you watching the live stream of the chimney to see if the smoke is going to come out white today?
Speaker 1: I might be later, I don't know. I'm a busy guy.
Speaker 2: You're gonna tune into the street maybe, like for it really is nothing going on today, maybe.
Speaker 1: For a few minutes a little bit later on. But I mean we're talking like the big I guess sports story of the day, and it's, you know, something that came out yesterday during KSR. It's that the Kentucky Louisville basketball game has been scheduled for early November on a Tuesday night. It's November eleventh. And look, maybe it's just me set my ways, but I like this game to be, first of all, on a Saturday. I know they've played this game before, like on a Wednesday night and a Tuesday night. I like the game to be on a Saturday. To me, it has that big game feel when it's on a Saturday. But then not only that, to be early in the year. On November eleventh, Billy, we still got three more Kentucky football games after the U of L uk basketball game this year, just to put a little perspective on how early they're playing this the earliest they've ever had it in the rivalry. Are you going to join me in just about everybody else that I've heard on this conversation that you don't like it being scheduled this early in the year, or can you make a case that you like it being scheduled early?
Speaker 2: Well, look, I'm trying to find positives in this. I'm trying to be somebody that can bring you a different perspective, and I think that is you know, one of my favorite parts of the football rivalry was when the game was the first game of the season. It was like a whole summer of lead up, right, even though we weren't doing the KSR pre show.
Speaker 3: Back then, you know you could.
Speaker 2: Talk about when in the dog days of summer you could talk about the highly anticipated Kentucky Louisville matchup to start the year. But Shannon's starting it so early in the beginning of the basketball year. We're gonna be right in the middle of football. Like you said, Kentucky's still gonna have three games to go. They're gonna play the basketball rivalry game versus Louisville before the football game, so like we're gonna have plenty to talk about before that game comes up. So that doesn't really apply, right because like in the summer, nothing's going on and you can talk about it being the first game of the year basketball. I feel like we're gonna be so focused on other things and then the Louisville game's gonna be here. Now it's gonna be a probably a top ten matchup, which is fun. You're not gonna know how good either team is, and so it should be a highly anticipated matchup like always. But Shannon, I hate the fact it's on a Tuesday. I do, and I completely agree with you. I mean, this is one of if not the best rivalry in college basketball, and for it to get relegated to a Tuesday one week after the season starts, it's a disservice to what the rivalry game means to the sport, I think, And it's a shame. It's a shame that we might not see Jaden Quainton's at his best. It's a shame that Kentucky, who's won fourteen of the last sixteen matchups against the Louisville Cardinals, are gonna have to do it on a date that's not around Christmas. You know, it was always such a great Christmas present to get the beat down over Louisville. So there's a lot of things I don't like about it. I even tried to find the positives in it. But overall, I think that you know, this seems to help Louisville more than it does Kentucky didn't.
Speaker 1: Don't you think just for what that you think you could catch Kentucky not not ptarm like Bami. Louisvill's in the same boat. I just don't like it for either team. I don't know that it benefits one team or the other.
Speaker 2: I just don't Well, Kentucky doesn't has to play Louisville before they even play in the Champions Classic. So I mean, like normally Kentucky has played some real marquee opponents before they take on Louisville. Louisville, I mean it is going to do this really around the same time frame with Kentucky, so they're gonna both be coming in with a lot of unknowns. But you know, I don't know, it's only the third time ever they've played in November, so it's not like we've seen this very often. But it just seems like, you know, I guess the basketball game is normally at a time where there's college football playoffs going on and people are normally distracted in late December. But Shannon, it feels like nobody's going to be watching if it's going to be on a Tuesday night when there's other things going.
Speaker 1: So if I'm looking for, like, Okay, let me try to have a rebuttal to my own argument for why it should be on a Saturday. If you just brought the Champions Classic, if you look at that the Kentucky Duke game last year was on a Tuesday, right, they play that Champions Classic game on a Tuesday. Sure, But I don't know. Man, for some reason, it feels right to be in December on a Saturday, or even if it's not in December, if you want to, you know, do the thing that Memphis and Tennessee did several years ago. You play it, you know, on a Saturday in February. I'm fine with that. I just don't like it being on a Tuesday because, for whatever reason to me, if Phil is like a throwaway game now, you may look at the TV situation and go, well, this is the best spot you could get it on ESPN, you know, and it's gonna get more views that way. I get it. At the end of the day, it all comes down to the almighty dollar and where they think that they can get the most bang for their buck. But I feel like, you know, a Saturday in December, like on a like a CBS game, is where I want this game to be. But I don't know. Maybe maybe there's somebody out there that could give a better argument than that on why it should be on a Tuesday in early November. And if so eight five nine two, eight h twenty two eighty seven at Shannon the Doudan and at Billy R Sports.
Speaker 2: Well, well you know, the Champions Classic is an event, right, You've got four teams there. You know, Kentucky game usually isn't until nine thirty ten o'clock, so people can travel and plan to go to that Kentucky Louisville. Man, this state shuts down to a degree when those two teams play. I mean, I've got fond memories of driving on the Interstate on a Saturday listening to Tom Leach, but hardly any other cars being on the road, just because people are out at the bar, or I've gathered around with friends to watch the game. Houses Divided Shannon are always stopping what they're doing. Now we got to come after a workday and doing on a Tuesday night. It just doesn't feel the same. But that is a good rebuttal that the Champions Classic is on a Tuesday as well. But it just does seem a little different. I mean, we want to give this game all that it's due, right, and you know, it feels like we're just kind of throwing it in there early on in the year, at this point where you can't even look back at the game very much, right, I mean by March, you're a completely different team, So you know, it's not much of a litmus test of how the season might go, but nevertheless, it'll be another opportunity for Kentucky to beat down on their little brother.
Speaker 1: So I'm assuming it's just seven o'clock start time. I'm right, they're not gonna put this at nine o'clock on a Tuesday night, right, They're not gonna do that. I don't see a start time listed anywhere, but it's got to be a seven o'clock game.
Speaker 3: I would think, Yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I do like how Kentucky is going to be playing Purdue in that exhibition game, So you.
Speaker 1: Too, I was going to ask you about that, like your thoughts on it, because you know, in years past, we would get you know, either like a really small like a Kentucky Wesleyan or something like that, or if you go even farther back back when I was a kid, it was the Lithuanian national team or Athletes in Action. You know, you get those type of teams. So I think it's really cool that you know you're gonna be able to play a good college team in an exhibition game. I think that'll bring a lot of eyes on it, even though it's not going to count. I think our fans will still be into that Kentucky Perdue game.
Speaker 2: I think Kentucky played the local YMCA team even back in the day, So I mean, there have been a murder's row of opponents on exhibition games. But this comes with the new rule change that Division one teams can now play Division one teams and exhibition games. So why not schedule a high ranking team like Purdue because that you know, the winner loss doesn't matter, but you know, growing and gaining that experience can can be invaluable. So you know, let's keep that going. Maybe use exhibition games for a spot to bring in some more Kentucky schools. If you don't want to do you know, home and homes, maybe just continue to bring in maybe even some of the smaller schools. But I like the fact that they're going to test themselves against a good opponent before they start the year. This UKUFL matchup is in theory one week after the college basketball season starts, so they'll probably play maybe one regular season game, maybe two, even before Louisville. But I mean, I guess there's a chance it's the first game of the year, and that would just be bizarre. Here's another old school name that they played once in an exhibition what's that Marathon.
Speaker 3: Oil, the gas company.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I just remember that name, Marathon Oil. They played them back in nineteen seventy six, and that was a team that would be on a lot of SEC schools exhibition games. Marathon Oil, the athletes and Action and Marathon Oil. So I'm just saying I think we've done a lot better in the exhibition games, going from the Lithuanian national team athletes and Action Marathon Oil to now play and Purdue.
Speaker 2: So that's the suits playing pick up basketball after work every day. They think they can take on Kentucky. Now you said Lithuania was another team.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Zacky, I feel like they used to play them, like back in the nineties we're talking, they used to play them. I feel like almost.
Speaker 2: Every Lithuane Yeah, look them. Yeah, the Lamello ball thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So uh, anyway, we'll take your calls if you got, you know, a different opinion, you actually like the game being played that early eight five, nine, two eighth, twenty two eighty seven, we'll hear it, but we probably won't agree with you, but we'll take your calls anyway. Coming up, next year on the KSR pre show Welcome Back. It is the KSR Pre Show playing some three Doors Down right here, Billy three Doors Down in Creed. We're supposed to be playing at rupp Arena later this year. The singer from Three Doors Down just announced yesterday Billy though, that he's been diagnosed with stage four kidney cancer. So they're having, oh my god, cancel the entire tour. Brad Arnold man one of the nicest guys you could ever meet in the world of rock and roll. I've had the chance to interview a lot of you know, musicians over the years, and he's one of the nicest guys ever. So we're pulling for him and hopefully he can he can beat it and get back out there and continue to play music and do what he loves. But just a crazy announcement that came yesterday kind of out of nowhere, so that will affect obviously the the show at Riena no longer happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you no hologram No, we mean no, they're not gonna do not yet.
Speaker 1: No, at least you.
Speaker 2: Know, I mean, twenty years from now, somebody's gonna miss a show. They'll just replace him. But thoughts and prayers to him and his family. That is a terrible announcement, and we'll be thinking about him. Hopefully he can pull through well.
Speaker 1: Speaking of cancer, we're gonna be at the Kentucky's Skin Cancer Center tomorrow.
Speaker 2: What a transition. You're right about that. Are you going to get a facial tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Yes? I am, Yes, I am. I will be. I think doing it while we're doing the KSR pre show.
Speaker 3: We're gonna try.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know how that's going to work, Like, well, I'll be able to speak while I've got What do they what do they do when they do it fatial? They put like a mud on your face.
Speaker 2: You know you're you're not you're not asking the right person, but you know it's it's it's like a thirty minute thing. So I mean, it's not like you're just gonna sit down and get up and get out. It's we've got to scrape the dead skin cells off of you.
Speaker 1: I have no dead skin on face. It's everywhere face for TV? What are you talking about? He's for TV?
Speaker 3: Who's talking?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna doing TV? I do TV every Thursday night, Billy, Just because you don't watch any tights. Just because you don't watch and support O v W doesn't mean I'm not on TV. Let's not act like I'm not a TV star for it. I've been to a few events, come on now. But but yeah, I mean, I hope you're ready to do the pre show tomorrow because if I can't talk because I've got, you know, this mask or something on my face doing the facial deal, then yeah, I hope you're ready to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't thought about that.
Speaker 2: Uh So, I guess if you're not going to be able to talk while you're getting your facial, we'll just reschedule your facial.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't lose you. Okay, you can't lose me. I can't lose you either, buddy, Are you the only one who's not getting it? Because I saw the schedule. I saw that Matt and Ryan and Drew are all scheduled to get a fair I'm gonna get one. I didn't see you're name on there. Are you just too good to get one? No?
Speaker 3: No, I'm getting one for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get it during KSR though, So once my hour of work is done, I'm gonna I'm gonna do that. Mario is actually the only one that it's elected not to get this.
Speaker 1: Well, he doesn't need it. He's still, you know, the young pup. He doesn't need it. He's got perfect skin and doesn't need to get one. But for the rest of us, I don't know. I feel like I'm gonna be all refreshed tomorrow after I get it, and you know, a little little spa day for KSR.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're gonna have some food trucks out, so come hang out with us in Owen Spurrow. I've secured some hotel rooms for us tonight, Shannon, So depending on when you get out of OVW, you may have to meet us at the local chili's or something over there.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm gonna request that they put the cucumber slices on my eyes. You've seen them do that before, right, yeh, shut your eyes and they put the cucumbers on there.
Speaker 3: It's pretty boogie.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know the level of booginis they're gonna have there, but I'm sure they'll, uh, they'll get the job done.
Speaker 1: Want my hair underneath of a blow dryer like I'm you know, at the salon.
Speaker 3: Some music in the back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. This segment sponsored by DraftKings. I don't know if you watched any of the NBA games last night. My Celtics are just stinking it up.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: They are in trouble. They are now down two games than nothing to the next after playing two home games in Boston. That's the second time they've blown a twenty point lead. If there's one thing we've learned about watching the NBA playoffs this year is that no lead is safe. We saw the Pacers come back after being down seven with less than a minute twice already this year in the playoffs. Celtics blow a twenty point lead last night again, and it's not looking too good right now, Billy.
Speaker 3: No, it was. It was deja vu last night.
Speaker 2: I mean the Celtics went like thirteen late in that fourth quarter, and all I could think about was then missing forty five threes in game. So, I mean they've got to try something else, maybe get to the basket or something. But Nicks have played good defense.
Speaker 3: Give them credit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The Thunder though, blew out the Nuggets. So that was one game I think you didn't have to watch to the end, but you can bet it all on Draft Kings Sportsbook promo code KSR. You bet five dollars, you get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. You can make it a playoff run to Remember with DraftKings download the Raftking Sportsbook app. New customers throwing the promo code KSR bet five, get two hundred dollars and bonus bets. The Crown is yours gambling problem call one end on hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply. New customers only. Bonus bets expired one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Traditional terms, Responsible Gaming Resources cdk NG, dot co, slash audio. We'll take your calls. Keep it up next eight five, nine, two eight, oho twenty two eighty seven. It's Shannon and the Billy ksrpre Show. All right, welcome back. It is the KSR pre Show. No one has told us on social media that they disagree with this Billy. So you and I I think are our take on the Kentucky Lebel basketball schedule is perfect because not one we have found the one topic. Perfect day brings us all together, both sides of the aisle. Not one person has disagreed with us when we said that this is an awful time of the year to be playing the Kentucky Lobal basketball game. That's right.
Speaker 2: It's the Bloods and the Crips tying the bandanas together in solidarity of the bad start time for UK and uf L. I would love to see the football and basketball games be played on the same weekend, Shannon, Could we make that happen? I mean we're in the same ballpark now, I mean that would be that'd be a fun few days.
Speaker 3: If your team wins, that's a maybe be a rough one.
Speaker 1: If they don't, Yeah, Or if you split, then I guess both sides get bragging rights for the weekend. I don't know, though, I think we need to separate it to where we need just one game and then you you know, you got bragging rights until the next game.
Speaker 3: Three weeks later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is what's going to happen, man, that's true, that the two weeks to celebrate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, think about that. Yeah, we're gonna be playing two Kentucky Louisville basketball games before we play one Kentucky Losville football game.
Speaker 3: Going back to last year, and probably good timing for that to happen.
Speaker 2: After the football team loses in Kentucky starting strong against Pat.
Speaker 1: Kelsey, Let's take a phone call eight five nine twenty two eighty seven, Free Bird, what's up? Free Bird?
Speaker 4: Hey guys, there are two things come up with us angel for this lunacy on ESPN Louisville.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know is ESPN the one that that forced them into doing this? I mean, I would think that Pope and Pat Kelsey would also have some say so in this whole.
Speaker 2: Well, here's here's part of it. Since you're going to redo the Indiana series. I think that's going to be played on a Saturday in December. You have the the game versus Gonzaga and Nashville on a Saturday in December, and then you also have Saint John's on a Saturday in December. So if you wanted the game to happen, I think they had to move it up like that.
Speaker 1: Why couldn't we do it on a Saturday in late November? I know, I think even even pushing it back a couple of weeks I think would be beneficial.
Speaker 4: Shannon, you brought up a good memory for me. Earlier. You mentioned the marathon oilers in the exhibition games. Yep, I was, you said, seventy six. I went to one of those games down at Taylor County High School in Campbellville. Our whole family win. I remember Marion. I think claim Haskins brother Maryon Haskins played for the Oars. That's about the only one I could remember. I would think.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, I was a kid. Well, I guess back in the seventies, I wasn't. I wasn't even born, but I was a kid in the nineties when they were playing like the Athletes and Action and those type of teams. Who was Marathon Oil? Like were they associated with, like Marathon the oil company, or like who were they?
Speaker 4: I think I want to think it was some college kids, and even when they got out of college. I think Marathon Oil was just a sponsor. They had Kentucky Kentucky connections, and you know, maybe some kin on the other teams. But it was what I can remember. It was fun. Of course, I was probably seven or eight years old in nineteen seventy six, so I just gave you my age. But I just thought it was a little tidbit, like I said, Clem Haskins brother or his head Kentucky connection his name was Marion Haskins, the only one I remember. I don't hey, I think that.
Speaker 1: Was kind of yeah. Yeah, hey, free Bert, I was thinking about you because I remember we gave you free tickets on the KSR pre show to go to the Creed show. And now that's been canceled. So I'm sorry, like, we don't have anything else to give you right now. Wait all those tickets, yeah, that canceled the show. Yeah, all those tickets that we did a whole week in those tickets, so we did. And free Bird remember changed his name to with Arms Wide Open and win the tickets. And now, I mean, I don't know if this is KSR Curse territory or not, but now the show has been canceled.
Speaker 3: Oh that just bummed me out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, free Bird, I'm sorry, Three Doors Down can't go? How come Creed canceling?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I mean, I guess that's a good point.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe maybe Creed the show must go on, maybe maybe to Wilke did but he said they're canceling the tour, so I assume that meant that Creed won't be playing either, but but maybe they will, so hang on to those tickets.
Speaker 1: Well, you probably only have the tickets yet, but hang on to the to the notion of you being a winner of the tickets the du Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's what we're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, alright, TI, yep, take care.
Speaker 3: We're in limbo with Creed.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I did get some info on the text line five two two six five six six five six. The Marathon Oilers was an AAU team made up of former college players. They had very good teams and Scottie Bassler was their coach for a few years. Uh, you have all you all have been to his farm for cornbread hemp. So remember he's come out a couple of times. Okay, yeah when we do that remote.
Speaker 1: So that reminds me of like when I was a kid playing little league baseball. You didn't have like little league baseball leagues now are awesome. Oh it's a it's a whole because they all have like major League Baseball names. Like you go and you watch a little league team, they get like the Cardinals or the Pirates or the Braves, and they all have like looks like major League Baseball hats, and like the logo and the whole deal. When I was a kid, Billy, we played in little league. We played like marathon, you know, you were like DNJ equipment or like a Feral Gas. You know.
Speaker 2: It was like, well, you'd have sponsors on the front of our shirt from like local businesses that we had to help pay for the league. You're right about the uniforms being much better. There's no doubt about that. So that's my train of thought.
Speaker 1: That's all right at Shannon the dude. Somebody has tweeted me, Billy what. I don't know if you saw this, but you can now apparently at Costco buy a giant plink O game that's featured on the Price is Right, and I need that thing now, Like, how do we get the plank O game to my backyard? Because if they got the Plankot game, and telling you, if they put the big will out, there's a good chance that I might have the entire set of the Price is Right just in my backyard and just have like, you know, the backyard neighborhood games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we we just need a longest mic and you could just be Bob Barker. I'm looking at it right now that how much does that cost at Costco?
Speaker 4: Thing?
Speaker 3: That thing's big.
Speaker 1: I don't know, and I don't care. I want it right now. I've always wanted to be a game show host, so I'm thinking that the plank O game, We've got to I got to get the Costco. I think my Costco membership has expired, so I don't know that they'll let me in the building.
Speaker 2: I'll get you in. I gotta I got a membership, you do. Oh yeah, I'm there like twice a week now. If they have the Mountain Climber game, if they finally get the mountain yeah, yodel or then I'm all in. Okay, so we'll just build the prices right in Channing's Groad all right.
Speaker 1: Speaking to me, always wanting to be a game show host. I want to play a game with you right now, Billy. We have talked about, we have talked about in the past few days, the fiasco that's going on at airports, with the row I D situation, with the air traffic control situation in Newark not being safe because they don't have enough people to staff it. And people always say to me like why, like why are you afraid to fly? They always ask like, what's your what's your hang up with flying? And I'll say, well, for issues like that number one where you don't have a air traffic so properly staffed. That feels like enough reason to be scared to fly alone. But then Billy I came across a list of crazy things that were found by the TSA by passengers who were flying throughout the country.
Speaker 3: Oh, this could be anything.
Speaker 1: So what we're gonna do right now is I'm gonna give you a list of things that were found, and you're gonna tell me whether they actually were found by the TSA or I am making it up. So you gotta you gotta spot which one is the truth and which one is a lie, a little real.
Speaker 3: Or fake when it was found in the TSA.
Speaker 1: So here we go. I got music. Then we got a little game show music going here. We're about to play with Billy our sports true the re lie things found a boy the TSA.
Speaker 3: I love you, Shannon.
Speaker 1: Great to be here, Billy. Who you're playing for today? Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm playing for the fiance back home, mom and dad watching. Hi to my brother and sister and my grandma Mimi.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 1: You were supposed to say a charity, not your family members, But.
Speaker 3: I'm playing for the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. That's a good answer. Right here we go. So the first item that the TSA may or may not have found by someone knives hidden in a Darth Vader bear. Did the TSA find at an airport across the United States? Knives hidden in a Darth Vader bear.
Speaker 2: That's barely a sentence that cannot be true. There are no Darth Vader bears and there are no knives in Darth Vader bears. I'm going fake, Shannon. Is that your final answer?
Speaker 3: That is my final answer.
Speaker 1: You are wrong? What it was actually found in the Philadelphia airport? They send, you know what they sends the disturbance, and it says they noticed that there was an item inside of a Teddy Bear, a Darth Vader bear, and they found knives hidden in the bear. So you're already bear with a Darth Vader man. So you are O for one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought you were throwing a ridiculous curveball at me, but now I see where we're at here.
Speaker 1: Okay, the next item you gotta tell me, is this true or false? Okay? At a TSA checkpoint, a snake was found in a hard drive.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that's believable. People are always sneaking animals and snakes into planes.
Speaker 3: There's too many snakes on this bleeping plane. And I'm true.
Speaker 1: All right, you are correct. Yes, a passenger tried to sneak a snake and a hard drive at the TSA in Miami, at the Miami Airport. All right, so you're one, You're one in one, all right. The next one on the list, did the TSA fine hitting in somebody's suitcase a live turkey, A live turkey like gobble gobbling. Yes, well, if it was dead, it wouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Gobbling, that's true. No, no, no, there's no live turkey, Shannon. They can't fit that in it in a suitcase. So I'm going fake.
Speaker 1: You are correct, though, one that I made up on my own. All right, you're turkey. You're back on the right track here. Okay, two in one, Okay. The next one, did some TSA checkpoint find a bazooka a bazuka found?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yes, I think there is somebody stupid enough out there they think they could bring a Bazuka on a plane, So I'm going yes, they even tried to pass it through TSA.
Speaker 3: They found a bazuka. Finally, you are correct, all right.
Speaker 4: You're on a roll.
Speaker 1: Now, you're on a roll, all right. The next one is, did Tsa find a grenade hidden inside of a snuggie? You know what a snuggy is?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, did somebody try to wrap the grenade and sneak it in past? Tsa in a snuggie?
Speaker 2: They thought snuggie was my middle name as much as I wore my snuggie back when I was a kid. I mean it was revolutionary. And you find grenades everywhere. I mean you can go fishing in a lake and you'll pull up a grenade if you've got a big, big enough mag doesn't say if it was a live grenade or not. I'm going true. I'm going they did find the grenade in the snuggie.
Speaker 1: You're wrong. You got me with the snuggie, Shannon. That's one that I actually made up. So no, that is that is not true.
Speaker 3: You have a snuggie.
Speaker 1: I have a robe. I could put it on backwards and it doubles it.
Speaker 3: Don't have a snuggy. No, you don't have a snaggy.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll do one more here. You want to do one or two more? I want to do one? Are you enjoying this or do you should we move on?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I am because I'm winning.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you're to believe your record's three and two right now in two. If you get this one right, we will we will end it here. If you don't, we got to go into sudden down a tiebreaker. Okay, did the TSA find at an airport somewhere across America a bladed glove aka one that looks like a homemade like Freddy Krueger glove, Freddy Krugar glove, Freddy Krugar like one with actual blades on it. We're not talking about a Halloween prop. We're talking about like a homemade Freddy Krueger glove.
Speaker 2: Well, I've already got the knives in the Teddy Bear wrong, so we're gonna flip it around. People are trying to bring blades, glove blades into the TSA. Give me true, Shannon?
Speaker 1: Is that your final answer?
Speaker 3: That's my final answer?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: You got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, alright, Billy, you won, You got it right? Can you believe somebody would actually try to sneak those things in past? TSA? Though? What people say to me, why are you a nervous flyer? It's for reasons.
Speaker 2: Like that Darth Vader, bears and knives and snakes and planes. Shannon, I, we're almost so stupid as a society sometimes I can believe these.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Billy, you'll be going home with Creed and three doors down tickets for the show at ro Arena. Congratulations. All right, we'll take your calls. Coming up next eight five nine two, twenty two eighty seven, it's the KSR Free Show, final segment of the KSR Pre Show eight five nine and two eighth twenty two eighty seven. I was very impressed, Billy with your your game show skills there, very good. You just you retweeted a picture of me as the host of The Price Is Right. That would be my dream job, Like you talk about the job. If somebody said, I'll snap my fingers, you can have it. Give me Drew Carry. I could do a better job than Drew Carrey. He is a boring host of The Price is Right. He is he's not nearly as good as Bob Barker. I would never be as good as Bob Barker, but I could be better than Drew Carrey.
Speaker 3: So is that the game you'd want to do?
Speaker 1: You don't want to. Let's make a deal a Wheel of Fortune. Will of Fortune is boring, It's hang Man, which you know Ryan Seacrest, He's taking everybody's job. He took the Clark's job. He hosts all these radio shows. He took Pat Sajack's job. That would be the easiest job, right, Like, what letter do you want? You want to buy a vow? But that would be boring? The price is right though? Is the ultimate dream job?
Speaker 2: What would what would you just be? Not Wheel of Fortune? That is the one game that I like. I could have every letter but one, and I'm still like trying to sound out the puzzle. Shannon is still trying to figure it out. I don't know why, but I cannot do it. Mine would be Family Feud, hook Line and Sinker every single time. That is my number one game show. Steve Harvey, I mean he's borderline of being inappropriate sometimes, Shannon like it gets real.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no no no. You say he's inappropriated. Okay, yeah, yeah, you know every female dude.
Speaker 3: Every single time.
Speaker 1: You talk about inappropriate, go back and watch the old like before Ray Combs, he was the guy I think that hosted in the ninety I think that was his name. Go back to the old school Family Feud and watch some of those you want to talk about, like creepy and kind of cringey. Every one of those episodes you had to kiss everybody.
Speaker 2: It does not hold up today if you if you were to watch an old episode of Family Feud. But it seems like those women were excited for the kiss.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they were. They weren't, well, most of them probably were. Uh, let's go back to the phones. Let's talk to me a few that weren't. Let's go to Mark Ky.
Speaker 5: Mark, Hi, how's everything going. I just happened to grow up across the street from the vice president of Marathon Oil in Lexington, and on Saturdays he would take us and we would go to uh spindle Well shooting I just lost the Castlewood and we'd pass out programs for the Marathon Oilers. That was a development before they had a developmental league or anything. They had these industrial leagues and they were top shelf players. I mean they only had like eighteen NBA teams at the time, so all this other talent would play in the that was like the Triple A or in baseball or whatever. But they were great players. They I got to meet the nineteen seventy two rushing team that cheated us out of the gold medal. I got to meet a ton of players.
Speaker 1: So I'm assuming that Marathon Oil no longer exists now, right like the team I'm talking.
Speaker 5: About, No, no, no, this they went away in the eighties when they started expansion and stuff like that, or in the nineties when they started. But it was industrial, high level industrial Mark UK players around it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I appreciate the call man. Thanks, thanks for the info. That's thanks for the good info. Mark. So who would have thought that just a passing comment of a team that Kentucky used to play in exhibition games? We drive that that much conversation over Marathon Oil. Every college wants to talk about Marathon Oil.
Speaker 2: He's passing up pamphlets to promote the Marathon Oil team. It is good to know that these are I guess, you know, former college players, high level athletes, and not guys and slacks that are just playing pick up after their work shift, which I kind of hoped it was.
Speaker 1: Let's get one more on before where you wrap it up and hand things over to KSR. Let's go to Todd Hey Todd, what's up?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning guys.
Speaker 5: Hey, I want to know if you think you're going to get nominated for Golden Globes. They're giving up podcast towards now in the future.
Speaker 1: Oh really, Oh okay. Yes, I've never been nominated for any kind of radio award because I think you actually have to pay to be on the list, and I am not going to pay to get some award, Like, I'm not doing that. That's the way I think they do it in TV as well, Like you have to pay.
Speaker 2: I think Emmy's or a thing. Yeah, they may have to submit an application for it.
Speaker 1: So I got a gay body of one of my best buddies works at WDRB and he's got like one hundred Emmy's at this point, but he has to pay to be a part of it. I'm like, I'm not gonna pay for my award, Like, either I deserve the award or I don't, and I'm not gonna pay, especially if I don't win the award.
Speaker 3: You may be the only one in the category which helps.
Speaker 1: It's gonna slap in the face to have to pay for the potential to win an award and then they give the award to somebody else. I'm not doing it, but but no, yeah, if they want to give us the award, we'll take it.
Speaker 4: Todd, Yeah, Okay, enjoy.
Speaker 5: The show Man.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 2: You know, iHeart has their own podcast awards, Shannon and I don't think we've won one there yet.
Speaker 1: So I've never won anything except for the World Heavyweight Radio title. That's the h that's the most prestigious thing I think of.
Speaker 3: Well one is is a loose word here, and the.
Speaker 1: One I was I was honored with that award. I guess that is an award that I won and never have lost to. Two. You can get on Draft Kings Promo code KSR bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets if you're a new customer and you can do it with Draft Kings Promo code KSR live betting, same game parlay as player props, fast and easy payouts. That's what you get with DraftKings on Promo code KSR for new customers if you have a gambling problem one eight hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply new customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. It's for additional terms responsible gaming resources see DKNG dot co slash audio. So tomorrow we're on the road. We're in Owensboro with the Kentucky Skin Cancer Center that is open to the public right bill. Correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're gonna have some food trucks, so it'll be a great time come hang out with them.
Speaker 1: Do we have the address on that?
Speaker 3: We will share it on KSR. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Have a T thirty Salem Drive two thirty Salem Drive. Wait, are people going to be watching me get a public facial? Is that what's gonna happen to me?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't like agree to that