Speaker 1: Livolume td Tuddy taking it to the house reservations for six Whatever you call it, touchdown, One thing's for sure, touchdowns matter more at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or the defense, we don't care how you score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and at Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first NFL bet, try something as simple as betting on a player to score touchdown. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your bet today. Ready to do your touchdown dance of your own. New Draft King customers can bet five bucks and get two hundred and fifty instantly in bonus best and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium. Download the Draft Kings sports app. Use code Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus best when you bet just five books and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Casino and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dkang dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite up Shanny Shark. He is your favorite number eighty five Liberty Cities own since then being a great pro bowler, all Ring of Fame Honoree. He's chad O cho Senko Johnson. Y'all can just call him Ocho. Thank you for joining us. After you see the Cincinnati Bengals go into Matt Life and take down the New York Giants seventeen to seven o Cho and I will get to that in just a moment. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that like button and do us a favor. Make sure you go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. And remember every subscriber, every subscriber matters, and we thank you for mattering. Because of you, we are who we are and we're able to do what we do. So thank you again for your support. Please make sure you go check out Shave by Laportier eight. We're gonna be in fourteen to sixteen states by the end of the year. If we're not currently in a state or city near you, you can order it because we have it in stock and we can ship it right to your door. Please go follow my media company plages on all platforms that Shayshay Media and my clothing company eighty four unkin Oo t's are back in stock. I repeat the unkin Oho teeth are back in stock. Thank you guys for reaching out. Let us know that you have started receiving your orders as last week, so hopefully by the middle of this week, all orders will have been confirmed and you would ever received your merchandise. Thank you again for your support. Please make sure you go vote for us as the Signal Awards. Nightcap is nominated for two awards, Best Live Podcast Recording We're currently in second and Best co Host Team.
Speaker 2: We're still currently in second.
Speaker 1: Voting is open until October seventeenth midnight October seventeenth. After that there's no more voting allowed. Just like the Webits, you have to create an account and then verified with your email. Again, you have to create an account and then verified with your email. Club shaysha is also nominated for three awards Popular Culture and Variety Show, Best Athletes Shaping Culture and Best Individual Episode, Best Guest Cat Williams. Again, please go out if you support it. This is great. Yeah, I know I need some honey and tea. My voice is shot. Being in the airports that long wasn't really conducing for my help.
Speaker 4: They ain't no airport, the ain't wear your voice shot. Yeah, I'm glad you took my advice though.
Speaker 5: Did you use with cream?
Speaker 1: Nah? Bro nah nah? But thank you guys again. Club shay Sheer nominated for three awards. Nightcap nominated for two. We appreciate your support by going out and voting for us, so thank you again.
Speaker 2: Let's jump right into it.
Speaker 1: O Joe, your Bengals go on the road and secure the much needed win to improve the two and four beating the New York Giants seventeen zero on the road. Joe Burrow was nineteen of twenty eight two hundred and two yards clean games. He didn't turn it over. They ran the ball twenty times for one hundred and twenty one yards. They didn't have a whole lot of plays. They only ran what forty nine total plays? That's not a lot, but they get the job done. Daniel Jones twenty two to forty one two five won an reception are horrible exception. The field goal kicker didn't make anything better because he missed two field goals. They ran the ball thirty one times for one nineteen one touchdown one touchdown. No Tracy had a rushing touchdown. Excuse me, no passing touchdown a rushing touchdown, and they lose. The Giants lose fall to two and four h and three at home. Bengals fault go to two and four to and away too and one away from home. Oh yeah, what did you like about this game?
Speaker 5: Listen?
Speaker 4: What I liked about this game? Hold on, you know, I'm gonna starting with what I didn't like. What I didn't like is the offense. I didn't like the offense. I didn't like our offense. The Bengals obviously playing down to the competition that we are playing. And to give credit to the Giants defense that God damn Dexi.
Speaker 5: Lawrence and saluted the boys, sluted the boys.
Speaker 4: I just want to make sure I give him they credit and then give him the credit and what they were able to do, obviously they double chase for them. Really the entire dy of the night, Chase Brown had a good game. Tahiggins dog phenomenal, phenomenal. That's why I always called him a one a if you did watch the game in its entirety, t Higgins is a one a.
Speaker 5: Other than that, it was a good game. The play calling.
Speaker 4: To me, it's still a little bit vanilla for us to have the two weeks, the previous two weeks that we did offensively and to come in to play.
Speaker 5: The Giants and the Giants do what they did to us tonight.
Speaker 4: It just I just don't understand I just don't understand based on the type of games Burrow had the previous two weeks before the night. Other than that, defense defense played well. As bad as our defense has been this year, I think we're ranked damn near the bottom half when it comes in when it comes to the run, when it comes to that to the past.
Speaker 5: We we held them to seven point to night, and it was it was, it was. It was a good It was an ugly win, but it was a win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was ugly win, but it was a win. Other than that, I mean I got kind of nervous a little bit. I got kind of nervous towards the end. We needed two first downs to to to seal the game.
Speaker 5: And here we go. First down, run the ball. Here we go. Second down, run the ball, third down, sack Like oh ship, here we go again. Here we go again.
Speaker 4: About to throw the game because what I thought was gonna happen was at the wrong opportune time. The Giants went to go down and score and tied the god damn game. Yeah, but it didn't happen. We got away with this one. I think we got the Browns next week, hopefully we can we can pull off another one and just that fast. If we can win next week, you don dug us We done dug ourselves out that whole damn near.
Speaker 1: No, you're not, because the Ravens are not losing, and the the Ravens they're still winning.
Speaker 2: They've already beat you in your place.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't. I don't like the way you just rained on my parade. I didn't need that. I didn't need that.
Speaker 4: Let me feel let me feel good about my Bengals right now. We started out really bad. We was one and four. We won tonight.
Speaker 5: We two and four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we are going to beat the Brown next week. We're gonna be I'm telling you We're gonna beat the Brown next week. I'm going out on the limit. I'm saying it, and I'm feeling good. Please don't run on my parade and on my team, because let's talk about your proncos.
Speaker 1: Are Are the Bengals playing better than the Ravens. Absolutely not, And they've already beat you and they're two games in front of you.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you something?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Ravens started out fast and they hit their stride. I mean they started off slow and they hit their stride. We started off slow and we're just now hitting our stride. It just so happened the Ravens started hitting their stride before we did.
Speaker 1: You just said that you wouldn't happy considering the two offensive performance that you had last weekend.
Speaker 4: Now you get seventeen after score the third Nighty. Sometimes you have games like this. You played the game before. Sometimes you have games like this, and you know it's okay. It's okay. That's why the first thing I did was I gave salute to the three desons of players that were the best to night for the Giants because they played really well. And again salute the Loo as well because our defense played as well, and only and hell them to seven points.
Speaker 1: Man, look here, let's cut the bullgive Daniel Jones that don't do that. Daniel Jones is terrible. The first third quarter, they run a great play. Fate Slate Slaton runs a great dig route. He's wide open and he skips the ball to it. Yeah, oh cho, that is that is the most routine. He has no pressure, he had a great ball. Fate Slate runs a great route. Oh so you got to if you can't complete the routine, how are you gonna how are you gonna wakend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how.
Speaker 1: Why would you retreat you in field goal range? Why would you retreat and throw the ball up in the middle of the field. Ohoe, oh joe. That's that's high school. That's yes, that is so routine. I shouldn't even have to tell you. First of all, you never roll and then throw back across your body. You never retreat and throw the ball up in the middle of the field.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't. You don't. That's car the Carlinal rule number one.
Speaker 1: This is the NFL professional quarterback, and he makes the most bone headed plays that a high school player is taught not to do.
Speaker 2: A Jamia high player is not taught not to do.
Speaker 4: Yes, Now there's one person that's worse than him. So there's one quarterback in the NFL that's worse than him.
Speaker 2: Who is there?
Speaker 5: You played down in Tennessee?
Speaker 2: Oh, Will Levis? Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: When we talk about bonehead plays and things you just cannot do, not even giving you a chance, the opportunity to win.
Speaker 5: But I don't mean the very off track.
Speaker 4: But but Daniel Jones didn't didn't didn't play very well tonight. He didn't give his chance, his teammate chance to win with some of the throws that he did make, You are correct, he might have been seeing ghost though.
Speaker 5: He might have been seeing ghosts because it does happen.
Speaker 4: When you get hit enough, you get sacked enough, you get rattled, you start doing things you don't normally do that our routine. It makes the routine things difficult.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think the thing is, oh yoe. I just think your team is like really inconsistent. And the problem that you're gonna have is that your defense isn't very good. Now, you got away with one tonight because their offense is worse than your defense. But when you play a team that can put points on the board, I don't know how many games you're gonna win that who you play an offense that you scored seventeen points, This.
Speaker 2: Is the problem.
Speaker 5: The previous two weeks we were a team that can put points on the board. We've scored thirty thirty. We had thirty balls to pass two weeks in a row.
Speaker 2: But that's why I.
Speaker 5: Don't understand what the hell happening now.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. You remember against Washington, how many times did you kick field goals in the red zone.
Speaker 2: That's what got you beat against the Commanders right right.
Speaker 1: Last week, you got the ball, you scored what five times, but when you needed it you threw it interception. Lad, you had the Chiefs on the rope, you fumbl the ball, They get a scoop and score. It's seeing your offense at the most inopportune times are not doing what they need to get done going up and down the field.
Speaker 2: You should be pleased.
Speaker 1: The one thing you should he pleased with the knight O joke is that when it was a ten to seven ball game and they got the ball back, they went down and got seven.
Speaker 2: You should be pleased with that.
Speaker 1: Because when the team can take the ball and says we're not going to give it back to you, or if we do give it back, you're going to be down two scores, you should be very very pleased with that. That is the mark of a team that says, okay, let's if we can just shut them down a little bit on defense.
Speaker 2: Defense.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying you got to be the two thousand Ravens, but damn you can't give up forty one. You can't give up thirty three or whatever they gave up against the Commanders. But when you play the Giants, if you don't put the ball in harm's way, their offense can't consistently move the ball well enough to beat you because of that quarterback play. Now, they can dress it up all they want to and talk about this the offensive line and those receivers. He is not a good NFL quarterback. It's really that simple. The money aside. I don't care about the money. Hell, he's not a good quarterback for twenty million dollars a year because the routine throws he can make consistently. What do you think what.
Speaker 5: He's not a good quarterback for how much a year?
Speaker 2: Twenty million, fifteen?
Speaker 1: I mean, he just it's just hard to win when your quarterback play is that inconsistent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 4: Listen, every team on every team, it's thirty two teams in the NFL, and every team, and just a quarterback away, a quarterback away from being good, a quarterback away from being in contention, a quarterback away of consistent quarterback play away from just being able to build and get your franchise going in the right direction.
Speaker 5: But the thing about the quarterback position.
Speaker 4: As we know, and you know, and those that are not casual fans of the game.
Speaker 5: No, that position is very difficult.
Speaker 4: It's the reason why they command the money that they do is the reason they command the money. Not command the money. But when the timing is off, sometimes you just have to pay it person because there's nothing out there for you. There's nothing else to go get. They had no choice but to pay Daniel Jones at the time when it was time.
Speaker 5: To pay him.
Speaker 4: I mean, where were you going? There was nowhere else to go. That's what That's what I call timing being right. The timing was right.
Speaker 5: There were no other options, and he was the best option for you.
Speaker 1: But see, that's when you ignore what you had seen the previous two and a half years and you base everything on one season they made the playoffs? But what did the previous two seasons tell you? So you ignore that. It says this is who he is. So you have a large sample size of who somebody is, but you take the small sample size. It's almost like being a relationship. Your girl is give you her, ask the kiss, except on your birthday, and you say, this is who my baby is.
Speaker 2: But what about the other? What about the other three sixty four? Right?
Speaker 1: So what about the large sample size of what you've seen Daniel Jones play and you seen the inefficiency and you've seen the ineffectiveness. Naw, we're gonna disregard that. We're just gonna say this is who he is and this is who he can be.
Speaker 2: Nain nine.
Speaker 5: But oh it's hard though, it's hard. It's hard. You know how difficult it is to find quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: And they still haven't found one quarterbacks that you can win with quarterbacks that can play consistently week in and week out. That is it's hard, and they paid forty million dollars and they still haven't found one. You can win just as many games as they're going to win with a guy that makes ten million, can you not?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And see the thing is, oh, Joe he plays just well enough at times and you're like, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah he has flashes flashes that that that okay, that's why we paid him.
Speaker 5: And then it goes back to no, something ain't right.
Speaker 1: We are we are what re repeatedly do. Therefore, it's not a singular act. It is a habit. What do you repeatedly do? If you look at Janiel Jones' body of work, what has he repeatedly done?
Speaker 2: Played bad?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: He has more instances in which he's played bad, inconsistent and effective than he has playing good.
Speaker 2: Being affected effected that you.
Speaker 5: Just say, you just said something really really, really profound. It's very simple. But we are what we repeatedly do. Huh.
Speaker 1: Yes, Therefore it is not a singular act. It is a habit.
Speaker 5: Boy, I'm finna you that one.
Speaker 1: Habits are what we repeatedly do, not singular acts.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: It was real simple and it almost got away from me, but they had to rewind it and bring it back in and replay it.
Speaker 2: It's a good one, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: After suffering the worst home loss of his time as owner general manager forty seven to nine to the Detroit Lions, Jerry Jones backed head coach Mike McCarthy. When asked of a potential change, Jerry said, oh, I haven't even considered that. I'm not considering that. Just so you're clear, I'm not considering that. When reminded about his previous end season coaching changes, he made it twenty ten when he fired Way Phillips and named Jason Garrett interim head coach after one and seven start. Jerry became even more dexpensive that would be hypothetical in that manner. Do you think I'm an idiot, Jory, Jerry? Is that a rhetorical question or is that one that you want a yes or no answer to? Don't answer? Do you Okay? Well, I'm not going to do hypotheticals with you about what I would consider coaching change in light of timing we're sitting here with I'm not at all. The Cowboys are three and three after the loss to the Lions. And that wasn't just the loss. No, that wasn't just a loss. All losses are created equal. Yes, they go into the lost column, but they're not created equal. There are just one game behind the Commanders in the NFC East, but have lost their first three games at home for the first time since twenty ten. They've been outscored by sixty six points. The Cowboys are zero and three in the red zone today, O Joe, is it time to take McCarthy out of his position?
Speaker 4: I have a question before we even get to Mike McCarthy, right, yes, before we even get to the players, before we get to the defense, before we get to the offense. The Cowboys lost today, right, Yes? Who was the first person we heard from.
Speaker 2: The first person we always hear from Jerry.
Speaker 4: That's problem number one. Yes, that's problem one. That's problem number one. It always has been. But you, like you said, and like you told me, he would never change because he feels he's the best person to be able to run that team. But the Cowboys did today. It was very bad. It was dreadful. It was awful. It was terrible. It was frightful. It was a trouph it was disgraceful, it was deplorable. I'm not sure if I have any of the words I can explain the Cowboys showing today offensively and defensively.
Speaker 5: It was bad. It was bad.
Speaker 4: It was bad to the point where the fucking Detroit Lions were running stuff that I haven't seen in years that I ran when I was an optimist.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when I was in the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very different.
Speaker 5: Plays that I did when I was eight years old. This is the NFL. This is the best of the best. This is the NFL. It's the best of the best. How you throwing plays.
Speaker 1: At the tackle because I have such little respect. This is what you call being disrespectful. Because we're on national television. We're gonna run a lateral to a tackle. Oh Joe seen anything like that. This is not the last player of the game where we're gonna laderate black and forth. We're gonna call it and guess what. Before that, we're gonna call a play. We're gonna play fake it, and we're gonna try to throw a shoulder to the tackle.
Speaker 5: Hold on, not a tight end, not a tight end a tackle.
Speaker 4: They said, I don't, I don't. I don't know what's going on. I don't know what's going on in Jerry's world. They've had three games at home. They lost all three games at home. Tonight wasn't that wasn't a loss. I really can't even conjurect the words I tried to. I tried to give you a few synonyms on on on what tonight was.
Speaker 5: But I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know what. I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 5: Is it? Mike McCarthy did say with that, saying Mike McCarthy went twelve or five last year, But that's the with the Mike mccarthury before that. To see the previous to that, they went twelve to five as well, and they had a playoff birth even though they went home in the first round.
Speaker 4: But still this is not the same cowboy team that I mean. I mean, I'm used to used to seeing Specie in the regular season because in the regular season they do win, but they don't start off this guy damn bad.
Speaker 2: Their defense isn't very good. The defense is not built when no.
Speaker 1: But see, here's the thing is that what normally happens is that the offense can put press. See they're built to play with the lead. And what happens when you can't play with the lead and you can't pin your ears back because you got those guys that don't have anchors in their back pockets. You see how they was moving. You see how the one hundred and eighty four yards and look at it. They don't just get beat. They get blown out. Yeah, they get blown out. What did the Saints do to them? What did Green Bay do to him? In the playoffs? They put up forty eight, They got forty seven to day New Orleans put forty something on them. Yeah, the Ravens took their foot out the gas too soon. They should have put the body on them. And people keep saying, well, if the defense the defen dak got three field goals, if I know my defense isn't good.
Speaker 2: I can't settle for field goals.
Speaker 1: I've got to get touchdown because I've got a match, because if I don't, we're gonna get too far behind. The best thing to happen is dak through that interception that got Hi mind, because what was gonna happen is he was gonna get some empty calories and people gonna say, well that it didn't see the games they DAC played. Well, we've seen that far too many times. We saw it against the Saints, we saw it against the Ravens. We see it a lot. We saw it against Green Bay where he has these empty calories and you look at the stat and you're like, well, he didn't play bad.
Speaker 2: If the defense could have got some.
Speaker 1: Stops, no got three field goals, yeah three. If you really think about it, Ojo, yes, they should.
Speaker 2: They should have put sixty on them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it could have.
Speaker 4: Listen, it could have been a sixty ball easily because it could have been. But that that would have been very I don't changes. If they put up sixty points, heads were probably gonna roll and somebody would have had to lose their job.
Speaker 5: But who is it would have been too much pressure from the outside world.
Speaker 2: Who are you gonna put it?
Speaker 1: First of all, you can't put Mike Zimmer in that job because his defense is trash. So how you put him in that job as the head coach? I don't know who's the offensive coordinator?
Speaker 2: Who is higher Cowboys?
Speaker 1: I know Mike McCarthy calls the plays, but who has the job title as offensive corder? Brian Schottenheimer. Okay, you're not putting him there. So you're kind of stuck because guess what, that's Mike McCarthy's offense. That's not Brian Shottenheimer's offense. That's Mike McCarthy. Because remember they got rid of the other guy because they say they ran the ball too much.
Speaker 2: I mean they threw the ball too much.
Speaker 1: They throw the ball way more now than they did when they had Kellen Moore's offensive coordinator.
Speaker 4: So I'm assuming because they throw the ball so much, they're still not happy with the running game. They're still not happy with those they have to run the ball. So what's the answer there?
Speaker 1: Is what happens, o't yo? When you fall behind by fourteen? You fall behind but the throw so you don't really know. Look, do I I think Dodd Ddell is okay.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's great.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're going anywhere with him, right, But you basically take your running game out because what do they do every game? They fall behind, and when you fall behind, I ain't even work Okay running, I dare you too, because all you're gonna do is run time off the clock because they don't really have anybody that can hit their head on the gold post. No. So with that being said, appreciate it. With that being said, yeah, this is bad. I don't know what's going on, but it's almost like CD and Dak has never played together. Oh yo, you know he had fourteen targets today because him another They put him in motion. He runs up the sideline, Dak throws it back shoulder, He keeps going. He's looking for it over here. Dak throws it over there, right, Dak looking for him to be over there. He throws it over and so he's over here. They got to get on. They gotta get on the same page. Joe, man, the guys been together for five years old. Joe, what you mean get on the same page?
Speaker 4: I mean, listen you, I mean, hell, you didn't after five years, they're supposed to be in sink, especially in year five.
Speaker 5: You supposed to know what I'm thinking every time as a receiver.
Speaker 4: If you know a guy is off him coming to the motion, I'm running down the field and he's already off of me, it's okay.
Speaker 5: You throw that thing back shoulder. If you do.
Speaker 4: I have a guy pressed and he's upon me and I'm coming in the motion he's and he's locked up. You let that bitch go like the shit. The one the two people on offense, that's it be in unison. It's them two and them two out to sink. Then everything is falling the part and because in order in order for their office get a rhythm if they can't run the ball like they haven't been able to do and know not that for their offense to get a rhythm and everything.
Speaker 5: To get in sync. Goddamn, goddamn four damn what a number of cit weear?
Speaker 4: Oh oh, they got to be on the same page. You should with that that that can kick you, that can kickstart your offense right there, like you got damn lawnmore. You know what she ain't she ain't going right. McCarthy calls something from four to eighty eight. Let's get us, let's get us in rhythm every time.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: At some point in time, we got to come to the realization the Cowboys aren't good. You can say Ford to eighty eight. You can say four to one and forda this the Cowboys aren't good. Yeah, yeah, And it's okay to say that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they're not good. I done said it. I just said it. But I think I think it's more.
Speaker 4: Than just that that's in the way of them actually being good. It's it's more than just that than them actually being good. Being good starts all the way from the motherfucker top. Because the Kansasity Chiefs are good. Yeah, but it starts at the top. The Ravens are good. It's always started from the top. The Stiller is a good even if they're rebounding back to being good, but it starts to the top. Just think about think about all the teams that are consistently good year in the year out, not living on what.
Speaker 1: They do the coach, because the coach is the voice of the team and not the owner, and the owner is okay with not getting credit with not with itout. Oh let me tell you who's gonna play. Let me tell you who is it, Let me tell you who's injured, let me tell you who is it. Let me tell you what's going on, and let me tell you what's not. That's Jerry. Jerry ego won't let him be anything but this. All the teams that you mentioned, Steve Bushatti, he don't care about no credit. The Rooneyes, they don't care about no credit. The Hunts, they don't care about no credit. Only Jerry because his ego, his insatiable appetite to be like and to be known. That's why he won't hire a coach of substance, because anybody that comes in and they win, they're gonna get the credit. That's why he got Jimmy ass up out of there, because Jimmy got the credit. Wasn't nobody talking about Jerry Jones.
Speaker 2: I was in the.
Speaker 1: League when they were winning, and everybody talked about Jimmy. It was Jimmy and the Triplets. Jerry wasn't after thought. Jerry was disgusted by that. Because I purchased this team. I hired Jimmy Johnson, who was a college teammate of mind.
Speaker 2: Rubbed it.
Speaker 1: It rubbed him and that's why he wants to win so bad. He feels if he can just win one without Jimmy and not having Jimmy players, he'll be okay. But I don't see it happening because he can't get out of his own way and this team is not good enough. They're not good enough. Hey, treyvond Bro, that's a speed merchant up there. If you press him and you missed, that's what's gonna happen. He gonna run by you. He gonna run by you. Oh Joe, it's really yes.
Speaker 5: James Williams, Yeah, yes, you can go now.
Speaker 2: You can't miss him.
Speaker 1: You got to get all of it because you got a man with no help over the top, and he gonna run to that point and Jery Golf go throw it up and then it's gonna be a touchdown. Cowboys, they're in trouble, Ojo, they're in trouble. If you look at the teams, they're not better. Are they better than the Packers? No? Are they better than the Allions? No, obviously not. They're not better than Minnesota. They're not better than the Commanders. They're not better than the forty nine ers. Oh your right, now, they're like the eighth or ninth best, maybe eight, maybe ten. Right, Hell, I'm not so sure they're better than Chicago.
Speaker 4: You think about and this is the funny thing I was gonna say, you think about all the teams that you just name, and you look at the quarterbacks of those teams. They're quarterbacks that play consistent weekend and week out. Now, I'm not saying there's nothing wrong with Dak because Dak, Dak does what he can do. I think he doesn't have enough what's the world I'm looking for enough enough firepower?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 5: Where you going? What chat?
Speaker 4: Anyway? Like like I was saying, I don't think Dak. You look at you think about all the all the other teams that Uncus name, and look at the weaponry that they have at their disposal.
Speaker 5: I think the Countboys have some they have some good players.
Speaker 4: They don't have that umph you know you got you got CD and you need some nefts that that really that commands that kind of you know, that kind of attention that that that kind of alleviates the pressure off of Dak, alleviates some of the pressure off of off of CD. It's hard to explain, but most of the teams do have that uh ship I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know how to say it.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to see it without being disrespectful to the players that are there. I mean, they're good, you know, it's okay. But there's there's levels, and there's different tiers to this ship. And I think that's what that's what the Cowboys might be missing a little bit, especially offensively, because if your defense is bad, your identity has to be somewhere.
Speaker 5: Your identity gotta be somewhere.
Speaker 4: Either your identity is on offense or your identity is on fucking defense.
Speaker 5: It can't be on both sides of the bass.
Speaker 4: If your defense is bad, that mean your offense has to be just that much better.
Speaker 5: And they just need need more. They just need more. That's it. And we need Jerry to sit down.
Speaker 4: And I'm talking about weed because I feel bad for the Cowboys fans. Hell, I feel bad for the Cowboys playoffs. You know, now, I understand what suld Knight was talking about. That same speech he gave at whatever the war showed that was. It's pertaining to to Jerry. Same thing, same thing. Let us play. Let the coaches coach a great team. Somebody said, oh, you're a great team needs both sides. Know what doesn't A great team doesn't need both sides. And you'll never get that. You'll never get that. A team is always lopsided, even the team that won super Bowls, it's always lopsided at some point somewhere. You can't have a great defense and a great offense. That's like impossible. You think about the Ravens when they won the Super Bowl. Defense let up, but they gave.
Speaker 5: Yeah the game.
Speaker 4: Hey, somebody, somebody just said, I mean you better you You're better at explaining it to me. But for them as opposed, someone said, you need a great team on both sides of the ball, no win.
Speaker 1: You need you need to play complimentary football bingo, because I think the mark up any good team ojo. If can you get done what you need to get done when you absolutely have to, you have to Yeah, go back and look at the Chiefs. Look how they play bad all last year, but in the playoffs when they needed to get a key third down, what do they do? They got it when they needed to get a stop. The defense was consistent all year, but when they needed to get off the field, they got off the field. When they needed to force a turnover when they flowers about to get the ball, what does need to punch it out?
Speaker 2: They get them.
Speaker 1: So you need to be able to play complimentary football. You need to be you need to be really good in two of the three phases. But at the other phase, can you compliment that? Can you get timely turnovers? Can you get a timely third down? Can you can you punt or pin him down? Canny your kicker make a big kick, right Dallas have a kicker that has a cannon for a leg. Yeah, yeah, I mean he's damn there automatic. But they're so bad on both sides, on the other sides offensively and defensively, they can't look at that. They couldn't protect him the best. I mean, Hutchison hopefully he come make a comeback next year because he had a compound. Yeah, and you see that. You see that injury a lot of times. O hoe in m m A when they kick and it got checks him.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We saw Anderson Silver break his leg like that. I think we saw rock rock Well break his life. I think that's the break his leg like that.
Speaker 4: I think, uh McGregor, it might not have been the same thing, but it's his ankle snapped in half.
Speaker 5: He kicked remember he went back check step be half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we've seen that. We see Anderson silver broke his leg. I think Anderson Silber did that. We've seen a loop with it. Rock hole Rock one of those another guy that who was it?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And so we saw that, but they couldn't block him. Yeah, yeah, Chris Wideman, Chris Wideman, that's what was Chris Wiseman kick got checked him, snaps in the half. He's making a play. Ohho, his leg whips around. We saw r G three his leg whipped like that. But he tore everything in his knee his later like a cop of the compound fracture. So hopefully he gets back next year because he was having an unbelievable season. They couldn't block him. They did a great job of stunning uh. And the offensive line on Shoe is not what he once was.
Speaker 2: They can't.
Speaker 1: They don't open holes like they once did. That's a lot of collisions, not a lot of those. Timing Smith is going on. The only guy that's been there from the start was Zach Martin. But he's not what he once was. He's slowing down considerably. Watch it. I'm not I'm not breaking news to you, Ojo. Just watch the tape, watch him play. He's not what he once was. He's still good, but he's not even close to what he once was. They're running games, they're running routot in games on him and getting home. Yeah, but the Cowboys got some serious, serious issues, Ojo.
Speaker 2: They got some serious, serious issues.
Speaker 4: You know, you don't think them having another viable target that takes some of the pressure off of goddamn CD and D. Yeah, I'm telling you about I'm about a viable target. I'm talking about one when you bring the god damn Huddle. Okay, you know what. We need to be alert, all right, we need to be alert for eighty eight. But hell, we got to watch this fool over here too because he can also beat us. So if we say we taking we're taking so and so out of the game, we know he has the possibility to also move the chains hell. The Bengals that got chased and they got god damn Higgins. The Eagles they got a J. Brown, they had Devonte Smith. Those are two people that you just have to worry about. That makes I think the office a little bit more more, not as explosive trying to think of the word, the word, the right word to use. You can do much more that makes them more diversified, because that's right. Yeah, when you oo, when you look at it, I like Tobert. I think he can be really good. He's gotten better. When you look at what he was last year. Oo ojo, there were some games he wasn't even dressing out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brandon Cooks is supposed to be your number two, but he's hurt. It's hard in order to be a number two, ojo. And to be that, to be that small, you got to be special, right. See, Tyreek is that size, but Tyreek is special. Tyreek is a one. So to be that small and to be a number two, you've got to be really really special.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Brandon Cooks is good. Cook you special, right.
Speaker 5: He don't know and no disrespect. He don't put no fear and nobody he ain't putting no fear in nobody like that.
Speaker 4: Lo, you'll let it run by it, yo, he'll run by you now, yeah, hit run by you. But he still don't put no fear. We ain't talk about no goddamn cheetah speed. We ain't talking about no xata worthy now you're.
Speaker 5: Fast, but who ain't fast? This the NFL? Now, everybody need they get uprunning full three.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, Like I said, the DB's, they're not special. I think Diggs is still trying to recover. He don't want to tackle. They keep trying to punch the ball out. Bro, you gotta put at some point time, you gotta put pads on people. You gotta put people. You gotta put people ass on the ground. Yeah, all that swipe it at the.
Speaker 5: Ball and road and do you think I think the NFL.
Speaker 4: The NFL has made it very, very difficult for DB's to make tackles, especially on sweeps and tosses where they're not they're not able to cause a pile by going low guards that there pulling.
Speaker 1: Go look at Jay rawm Jay ram will stick his nose up in there, Ramsey. Yes, oh yeah, he had tackling though. Yeah, he's he's a tackling dB.
Speaker 2: So it can be though.
Speaker 4: Yes, as a matter of fact, speaking of I'm glad, I'm glad since you said that, there's a play from Denzel Ward.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't remember what year it was.
Speaker 4: Down was coming and he slid under there and made that tackle and I still to this day that that play is still in my head because I've never seen nothing like that.
Speaker 5: That was that was live. But how many how many dbs can actually make a play like that.
Speaker 1: In order to make a play like that, you had to have thought about that play so many times before before play. That's not a play that at that spur of the moment you do that, you just think exactly, exactly exactly, And so I.
Speaker 4: Think defenders are at a disadvantage, especially with those big boys pulling, especially dbs.
Speaker 5: It's it's kind of unfair.
Speaker 2: But I mean, look at Marlon humph for a tackle.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, hum hump a big boy bry.
Speaker 1: Y, you know, and your your dv's gotta tackle because especially in the Cowboys, because guess what, your front seven lighting the bridges, so you're gonna be getting a lot of practice tackling.
Speaker 2: I'm just being honest, o, Joe. I mean, look at it.
Speaker 1: Who hadn't run for one hundred plus y'all hold on again, they got our rushed by one hundred yards.
Speaker 2: Fifty three?
Speaker 5: How many how many o the other Lions had.
Speaker 2: What edy four?
Speaker 5: Okay, cowboys had fifty three?
Speaker 2: You remember.
Speaker 1: The Ravens had two seventy plus, remember say two fifty plus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Camar was going crazy that night.
Speaker 1: Bro, you gotta look at some point in time, you just say, you know what the hell with this? It comes down to, oh your football. At the end of the day. You can come with a scheme all you want to mono.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man oh man, yeah yeah, But who can you count on? Who can you count on? Right now?
Speaker 4: Though, somebody gotta come to the party. Somebody got to pay this hab boy.
Speaker 1: They on a bye week. Do you know how long this ass cultn't gonna sit in? Go go stick with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Who they got coming out the battle? Oh, they can come out to buy and everything change. They can come out to buy and be a completely different team.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They're not better than Town. I forgot about Tampa.
Speaker 4: They're not better than Tampa Tampa.
Speaker 2: Oo.
Speaker 1: Guess who they got coming out the bye Who the forty nine ers. Oh shit, they're not better than the forty nine ers either. I'll tell you what, I give you one better. They're not better than the Falcons.
Speaker 5: Kurb got the Boys playing good o Joe.
Speaker 1: They got the forty nine ers, the Falcons, the Eagles, and the Commanders. Yes, coming out to buy. Yep, that's their next five games.
Speaker 4: Boy man, listen again this bye. We could be good for them, or it could be hell. Only to thing could happen. Yeah, he gonna play. You're gonna fold either gonna play.
Speaker 5: You're gonna fold?
Speaker 1: What get? Let me ask your question, what have you seen that makes you think they're gonna play?
Speaker 4: I ain't seen nothing yet. Honestly, I ain't trying to be lud. I ain't trying to be rude, but you know, I'm trying to be optimistic. And I'm not even a Cowboy fan. I'm just trying to be optimistic just for those that are Cowboys fans that might be in the chat. That's the problem. You see what and that's what Jerry's done. He's played on the Cowboys fandom optimism. And that's why he's done you a disservice because you see, they just like y'all, just like you because every year, what do they say we'll get?
Speaker 2: Next year? We go in to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: They win one game, Remember they beat Cleveland over the day, were going to the super Bowl. I remember coming out here and tell you I said, oh, Joe, I would show like to see if Cleveland would have had their starting right tackles.
Speaker 2: He's playing two guys that's never started before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Cowboys got the lead, So what could you do rush the quarterback back? We're the last time Cowboys don't have the lead. They can't pin their ears back. They lighten the brenches. I mean, look how the Lions would just move with Oh yo, I saw a couple of plays, man, I tweeted. I said, hell, I could get seven yards. Okay, I kid, I kid too. I could get to my old my old lass with with to replaced hips could get two yards in those holes that Montgomery and Gibbs was running through.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that that that Lion's old line is. I wouldn't call it underrated, because any any old rated.
Speaker 1: They Gotools, they got Xiler, they got Glass Glass.
Speaker 2: Now they got that hell rated.
Speaker 5: Oh hell no, he d But you know they don't talk about him enough. They don't talk about him enough for me.
Speaker 1: You know, they might have the best tackles in football when you look at their right tackle and their left tackle. Yeah, as a whole totality, Xiler is a damn good guard. Exiler was a Pro Bowl player. Glass now is a Pro Bowl player.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fool is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they legit.
Speaker 4: Hold on, So you're throwing in the towel. You're throwing in the towel on the Cowboys already.
Speaker 1: Look, I didn't think the cow looked every year. Oh they got so much talent. No they don't. You're looking at names, name names. That's what I love so much about sports, So choe, because you got to prove it to.
Speaker 2: The next man the next week.
Speaker 5: Every year.
Speaker 1: I don't give a damn about your name. I don't give a damn about what you've done. You got to show me today that you are what everybody says you are, right, Because guess what, I look at myself at the same way them people ex explaining you.
Speaker 2: I see myself like that. Right.
Speaker 1: Only one of us can be that today, Only one of us.
Speaker 5: Oh man, that's bad, that's bad.
Speaker 2: That's bad.
Speaker 1: The Lions try to throw a ten path to Taylor Decker. They run a hook and left being let ot Dan Skipper. He ran a route. That man was out there, Juki on a fleet flicker of Sam Laporte. Different respect. Oh yo, they got tackles. We called him plays for tackles. Yeah, they let the tackle run a route, And I ain't just talking about you know, no down flat.
Speaker 5: It was a real route. He ran a real route. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe Dan Campbell don't get along with Mike McCarthy to be called the type of plays.
Speaker 5: Maybe the hold on. Maybe Ben Johnson salutor Ben Johnson too.
Speaker 4: Maybe Ben Johnson don't get along with somebody over there on that Cowboys staff because some of the things you were calling is disrespectful.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, Dan, he was with the Cowboys three oh five. Dan was he was a player, oh.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, okay, okay, And he probably wanted he probably wanted to stick it to Jerry.
Speaker 1: Huh why not? Why not? I can't think of a better a person.
Speaker 5: Right, Oh yeah, I'll.
Speaker 2: Tell you what.
Speaker 1: Like you said, we're gonna find out a lot about the Cowboys over the next six weeks, Yes, sir, we're gonna find out.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think, I think I'm hoping they are right. I think Bran Brandon Cooks. How long is he got he was on I R R so he'll be Oh, he'll be back after the by then.
Speaker 1: Now he got to miss one more week. This is the week third, the week is by But hold on, old Joe. Now, yeah, is he gonna be ready to come back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, surgery on that knee.
Speaker 5: Damn man, I'm sicking everybody getting hurt. Man, fuck this ship man.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: Braends up for eighteen hundreds who are undergone surgery. He's already undergone surgery. Oh Joe, he had surgery out of Dallas hospital. I don't know when he's gonna return back to I'm sure the line he was probably flew got a charter and flew his mom and dad out to be with him. I'm almost certain of that. I'm I'm saying that's probably what happened.
Speaker 2: But it was. He was playing unbelievable.
Speaker 1: He's a very, very misletalented he has defensive Player of the Year written all over him at some point in time in his career. But he was off to an amazing start this year. I think he was leading the league in sacks. I know he had one today. He might have had yeah, he had one. He had another one called back. But he's He's a hard playing guy. Plays with great pass leverage, good good on the left side or the right side, has a plethora of moves. He can buil you, he can hunt you, he could rip you. He doesn't all his his his his playbook is is limitless. Uh and unfortunately he suffered a very gruesome injury before Sunday.
Speaker 2: Oho.
Speaker 1: The largest home defeat is Jerry Era came in two thousand and one, thirty six to three. There have been on three other home losses that have been larger margins of defeats in team history. For the third straight game, the Cowboys faced big halftime deficits. Remember twenty seven six against the Lions. They were down twenty one six against the Ravens. They were down thirty five sixteen against the Saints, and at the wild card game they were down twenty seven twenty seven twenty no twenty seven seven at halftime. Oh, by the way, happy birthday, Jerry.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you remember this, but ain't nothing worse than getting ass whopped on your birthday?
Speaker 5: Oh Jerry return eighty four? Okay, my bad?
Speaker 1: Eighty two? Yeah, because you're older than my mom. Yeah, my mom turned eighty one in January. Oh Joe, you know how you get your birthday and you figure you could say and do whatever you want to and get your ass till on your birthday by your grandma.
Speaker 2: Oh your mom, Grandma.
Speaker 5: I ain't play that bright. I mean that feel Jerry taking no chances back then, I.
Speaker 1: Mean to get your ass tore up on your birth that's the worst time. And then because you know you normally gonna have your cousins over something like that and you show it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boy, you're being managed.
Speaker 1: Hunh Yeah. There ain't nobody trying to be maned. You just want to beat me in front of my cousin, that's it. But that a they put that thing on them.
Speaker 2: That was bad.
Speaker 1: The Ravens beat the Commander's thirty twenty three for their fourth straight wins. They fly was nine catches, a buck thirty two at the half, the most yards and a half and Ravens history.
Speaker 2: He didn't see a target the rest of the game.
Speaker 1: In the Ravens steel role, Lamarn Company gobbled up four hundred and eighty four yards twenty eight first down. The twenty twenty four Ravens are the first team since John Mann nineteen seventy one Raiders with one hundred and fifty plus rushing yards and at least one touchdown in each of the first six games of the season.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: They racked up one hundred and seventy six rushing yards on the day with the raining MVP throwing for three hundred than twenty three yards. Oh Joe, are we looking at another MVPC either for Al jack.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, shit, the way he got damn playing even with the slow start, even with the slow start, in order to dig yourself up out that hole, you got to have the right person with that goddamn shovel you hit me, And the person that got that shovel is Lamar.
Speaker 5: Jackson, and he playing hell of a ball. Hell of a ball. Listen, he is a good thrower of the goddamn fucking football.
Speaker 4: Yes, I heard Ryan Clark say something where he said at this point and it's in just five games that Jaydon Daniels is a better passer of the ball than Lamar Jackson. Lamar Jackson has showed, even though he was considered a running back coming out in the draft or saying he should have been playing maybe wide receiver, he has honed the skill of being a good.
Speaker 5: Thrower of the ball.
Speaker 4: Yes, whether there's act, he's accurate, he got touched, he got precision. I mean, what else can you ask for? He can throw, You can throw your goddamn bullet, or he canna touch that thing in there like a goddamn fairy.
Speaker 5: He's good at what he does.
Speaker 4: If you watch the game today, I'm going to hike the ball. I'm gonna get the ball in. My first mindset is to throw the ball first, to go through my reads. I'm gonna read my progression. Hell, if I got enough time, I'm gonna go back to the progression again.
Speaker 5: And if I got to run it, I'm gonna run it. That's dangerous.
Speaker 1: I think the most impressive thing about lamar Ocho is that he's gotten better than throwing the football every single year and all we said we don't need. First of all, it would be unfair, grossly unfair. If it's passing ability ever surpassed in his running ability, that wouldn't even be fair.
Speaker 2: You'd have to outlaw it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not fair.
Speaker 1: The guy was twenty twenty six, three, twenty three, a touchdown, an interception, He got sacked twice.
Speaker 2: I can live with that.
Speaker 1: But Ocho, I remember, after the first game, what did I tell the Rabis they should do with Derrick Henry.
Speaker 4: Put him in the goddamn I That's when he's most efficient tosses and straight down motherfucking here with the full back.
Speaker 5: Goddamn it, they put his ass to die.
Speaker 2: That made HS run wild. Yeah, he's on pace.
Speaker 1: He's on pace for another two thousand yard season, which what if he got two thousand yards then another season, because no back has ever done two thousand more than what?
Speaker 2: Just go ahead put him in the hall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, they run it. They run it.
Speaker 4: You know how difficult they're going to be to be yes with the way they're playing right now, I'm not sure at some point, you know, you know, you always have a game.
Speaker 5: I call it a trap game. You always have trap game.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure when that track game is gonna come where it just seems nothing goes right and nothing actually works. But with the way they're going right now, you can't stop you can't stop him now. Not only can you not stop the running game. If you can't stop the runner game, it makes the passing game that much easier.
Speaker 1: That's what Because think about it, when Lamar's throwing the ball to the tight end Mark Andrews, He's throwing the ball likely like they's so far open, because I gotta get that safety down, because you can't come up with the light box, and Lamar is dealing.
Speaker 2: I mean he is dealing. I mean he's hitting. Likely.
Speaker 1: He loves throwing to his tight end. Mark Andrews was always his favorite, but now he has a guy in say Flowers. He's not that big, O Joe. Oh, he can get open that. He can go.
Speaker 5: Now, Hey he can go.
Speaker 2: Hey, they can't touch him in the phone booth.
Speaker 5: He could go.
Speaker 1: He's unbelievable like that. He's he's unbelievable. He's playing. But the Ravens they're playing unbelievable. They're playing unbelievable football because they are so balanced. Guess what, O Joe. Twenty six they had twenty six past attempts, thirty seven rush attempts, and they go the clock up. Because when you run the ball like they can run on it, it's gonna be tough for you to stop him. It's tough. It's gonna be tough for you to stop him. It's really that simple. And uh, the Ray look the commanders will good. I mean you can't. Jaydon Daniels, he was twenty four thirty five two sixty nine, two touchdowns. They didn't run the ball nearly well enough. Uh, and So the Ravens were did a great job. They read the ball eighteen times for fifty two yards. That's not good enough. That's less than three that's less than three yards of carry out. Yoe, you ain't, you ain't, you ain't putting no fear nobody hard running the ball less than three yards of carry. But the Ravens defensively, they got after it. They only they were sacked him three times. But that offense, when they hunted like that, they're gonna be hard to beat. Yeah, I mean it'll be hard to beat.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: The funny thing is even in the loss, even in the loss of Day Jane Day is still a good yet. But but the thing you have to you have to understand, you to understand who they plan. They ain't planning the god damn raven defense every goddamn week. Then you're not playing and juggering out and juggering out of our offense like that every week. So I can see them beating everyone else in the NFL if so happened. They have to play them until you get to like, until you get the let's let's say the playoffs, where the teams are obviously going to be that much better since they were able to make it. But I mean, listen, the Commanders have no reason to hang their head. Obviously, you lost to a very very good team today. But when you think about it, you run down if you look at the rest of the NFL, how many teams you think it really goes can really beat and play with the Commanders right now with the kind of quarterback player that they're getting from Jayden and Daniels.
Speaker 5: Ain't too many got there many.
Speaker 2: Ain't too many for sure for sure, but I mean you had.
Speaker 1: Look, you have to be impressed with Jayde Daniels and with head to head, he went head to head with number one overall draft pick Joe Burrow, he beat him. He went head to head with number overall draft pick Kyler Murray him. He lost to Lamar. But look, he ain't got nothing to hold his head down because he played well. Yeah, he played, he played well. Lamar is just Lamar. He's just Lamar. Yeah, and so like, hey, maybe next time. But the Ravens without our offense, when they can run the football like they can run it and they can throw it, Lamar is dealing like he's dealing. They're gonna be allf with difficult to beat, Ojo. The the Buccaneers go to go ahead where you were.
Speaker 4: Saying, no, I'm just gonna say the Commanders didn't have Brian Robinson also today would have made a difference in the running game as well.
Speaker 1: So the Bucks go to New Orleans drop fifty one on them. Tample finished with five hundred and ninety four toty yards, converted six of ten first downs with third downs you mean from thirty six or ten third downs, averaged eight point three yards, and played one time of Posesson about with an eight minutes Ojo, just think about this. Baker Mayfield through four touchdown but he also had three interceptions. They scored fifty one points and turned the ball over three times.
Speaker 5: That's that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Chris God wouldn't had eleven catches for one hundred and twenty five yards and two touchdowns.
Speaker 5: Saints, Hey, latim more, Mike Evans, go at it.
Speaker 2: This is the one game.
Speaker 4: This is the one game, the one game I couldn't see. This is the one game I had every every game on on the TV set up between peaks, and the one game I couldn't get.
Speaker 2: Was this one.
Speaker 1: No, Mike Evans was quiet. He had two catches for thirty four yards. Dang they ran the ball. They ran the ball for two seventy seven thirty five rushes to seventy seven. Baker had twenty four completions for three twenty five and four touchdowns. But just let that think it, O joe, you turned the ball over three times and you dropped fifty one points.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, how many? How many of those points were defense? The defense scored defensive score, that's all offense.
Speaker 5: Fifty fifty ball.
Speaker 2: Yep, they might. They must have been playing in Tampa. Then they played in New Orleans.
Speaker 5: They put up a fifty ball in the in the super.
Speaker 2: Dome merceades Ben don yep, dang.
Speaker 4: Hey Baker, Baker Mayfield man. I listen when they do a story, when they or they do well, you talk about adversity and overcoming unfortunate circumstance after after having higher expectations, after coming out and get drafted number one, and you know, things don't work out when you get drafted to in Cleveland, and you know you have a stinting in la you have a stint in Carolina, and all of a sudden, you.
Speaker 5: Just you find the right, the right, the right situation in Tampa and and Ship just just fucking going. Good for Buddy Man.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 5: I like that for Baker.
Speaker 1: Did Temple had did Temple return of FuMB before touchdown? Who formed the ball? New Orleans and NS had three interceptions, fumble Crystal Lobby lost the fumble and they rent turning four touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey a Spencer Ratler had to start, did they Spencer rack look good today?
Speaker 1: Twenty two forty two forty three, one touchdowns, two interceptions.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, you know, Lood debut, Lood debut, you're gonna have played.
Speaker 1: He played well the first half and then him being a rookie, they kind of got exotic. They kind of got after him a little bit on yo. They headed him up and you know, uh, Todd Bowles, he likes the pressure. Oh yeah, oh he love he loves to bring pressure, and uh yeah, got kind of got him off his kilter, got him off, got him off kilter a little bit, and uh they ran away with it.
Speaker 2: I just couldn't. I just couldn't.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know if I've seen a game like this, yeah where Baker where a quarterback turns the ball over like he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they put up fifty one.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, when you think about it, I mean, the Saints weren't able to do anything with those turnovers. I'm assuming they.
Speaker 2: Scored a couple.
Speaker 1: But once they got once they got going in the second half, it was that book like an avalant boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep. But Baker, man, you got to give him a lot of credit. They ran him out of Cleveland. He couldn't find I don't even I don't even hold Carolina against it.
Speaker 2: That was that was.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know he wanted to get out of Cleveland after they signed to Sean and and and and you know, he gave up some money to leave.
Speaker 2: But I can't I ain't hold it.
Speaker 1: I ain't holding Carolina gains because everybody looked like trash in Carolina.
Speaker 2: And then so I wonder what they saying.
Speaker 1: I wonder what Canellis is saying now because they got the break beat up from again by the Falcons.
Speaker 2: So whose fault is that? Okay?
Speaker 1: But uh, but for Baker to do what he's been able to do to turn it around. He has weapons and man, this look urban and Tucker running backs they got Yeah, boyd nice fourteen for one, thirty six, fourteen for eighty one, and the enlightening they were cooking. They were cooking today. So the Tampa Bay Buccaneers a four and two New Orleans Saints after that two and oh start, lost fourth straight mm fall to two and four, and.
Speaker 4: Them boys good too. Buy Hey, this Saint got the Saint got a nice little offense.
Speaker 2: Brock I could deal.
Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm