Speaker 1: Crime Stories with Nancy Grace.
Speaker 2: Sorry she died.
Speaker 3: Really, the Nancy Guthrie ransom notes could be the key to snaring the suspects.
Speaker 1: What do we know?
Speaker 3: Tonight, good evening. I'm Nancy Grace, this is Crime Stories. I want to thank you for being with us. The ransom notes are all oaks. Then why at the get go was Savannah told they were legitimate? Betel says N's Nano says Betel, Who can we trust?
Speaker 1: Is this real?
Speaker 4: I think anybody who reads them? My investigators, we look at it and clearly there's things and there. They are very concerning to our investigative team. So we hope that by releasing the actual note we'll get some response from the community.
Speaker 5: Did the Guthrie tame?
Speaker 6: We know you'd be right.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I love when Nanas puts on his serious face.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's just released two ransom notes, the ones that were indicated to us by Savannah as being legitimate, But then he goes on to suggest they're not legit, in direct contradiction to what she has been obviously told by the FBI. Now he releases the notes, but wait a minute.
Speaker 2: What did he just say? What did he just say?
Speaker 1: Listen, is Nancy Guthrie alive or?
Speaker 7: Based on everything that you have right now? I haven't seen the indications she's dead. I don't have a body. I don't have a burial site. I don't have any note.
Speaker 2: What don't you just say?
Speaker 3: That's our friends at CBS. Play it one more time, Control room, please, I gotta hear.
Speaker 7: This is Nancy Guthrie alive or based on everything that you have right now?
Speaker 4: I am seeing the indicator she's dead.
Speaker 7: I don't have a body, I don't have a burial site, I don't have any note.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Then he releases the ransom notes. Dave mac joining me Crime Stories investigative reporter. Is it him or my lionears? Did I just hear him say about twenty four hours before he releases the ransom notes.
Speaker 2: That say sorry, she's dead?
Speaker 1: Did he just.
Speaker 3: Say I don't have a body, I don't have a burial site, I don't have a note. And then twenty three hours bam, he releases the note saying she's dead.
Speaker 8: He actually says, note, that's what kind of got me more than anything, Nancy, is you know, to just offhandedly say I don't have a body? Okay? Fine, but he says note and then releases the very thing he says he doesn't have where we have alleged kidnappers, saying, plea didn't realize how bad she was. She's now in nature. It is the most ridiculous, you know what.
Speaker 3: And I have reason to believe Dave mac and I'm going to an expert on this.
Speaker 2: Lisa Miller is joining us.
Speaker 3: I have reason to believe that the note was transcribed into English. To me, it sounds like English is the second language. But that's a whole other can of worms. Let's see the ransom notes. Please put up the ransom notes in chronological order, please quickly. Number one, Hello Savannah, Yeah right there.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 3: That's a degree of some familiarity from a guy that steals your eighty four year old mother in her pj's, without shoes, without her glasses, without her hearing aids, without her watch, nothing, Hi, Savannah, really can't wait for doctor Bethany to get.
Speaker 2: A hold of that.
Speaker 3: We have your mother. She's safe, but scared. She will be held for ransom. Once payment is received, she will be released unharmed. You need to send bitcoin in the amount of four million dollars USD.
Speaker 2: Another suggestion.
Speaker 3: This is a foreign national who says to USD when I go to the gas station, Nobody says, okay, that'll be forty three dollars USD before five pm on the fifth. Once payment is received to the bitgoing address, she will be released within twelve hours to a safe drop off location back in TUSNG. Let's see the rest chop. If payment is not received by the last deadline, she will be killed. Your mother is aware of this, and her life is in your hands. Dot dot dot. That's interesting, the dot dot who does that? She had a white smart watch on the floor of the foot of her bed and the white floodlight in backyard was destroyed. Let's go now to the second note so we can compare and contrast. Second note, this I believe came on the sixth Guthrie family.
Speaker 2: We did not.
Speaker 3: Fully grasp the seriousness of her physical condition. Oh, laying it on her as her fault. She's ill, it's her fault. She's eighty four years old, it's her fault. We didn't understand her problem. We never intended to hurt her.
Speaker 2: Comma. That was not our intention.
Speaker 3: That's called splicing, where you make a statement, and then you comma, and then you make the statement again. That's the stylistic issue that Lisa Miller is going to explain. In fact, I prosecuted a bank robbery based on comma use. She perished shortly after she was taken. We believe it was heart related. Oh thank you doctor. She is buried in nature. Now who says that again? Translation, nothing you could have done could have changed the outcome.
Speaker 2: We want nothing you could have done.
Speaker 3: Well, how about something he could have done, like not kidnap her to start with? We want your family to know this and hope you can all find peace. Sorry, Oh, I mean okay. Straight out to Lisa Miller, joining US former detective, former chief investigator, Senior Executive Colorado the AG's office at Lisa Miller c O. She initially thought two people had written a ransom note, but after reading them in full, she thinks they're written by one person. Maybe I didn't think deeply enough, Lisa, but I always thought they were both written by one person, and then after that all the others. Eh No, I'm also the same IP address. That's a big red flag. It's the same person. But I can't wait to hear your analysis tell me everything.
Speaker 5: Well, initially, we kept hearing reports about the excerpts, and it sounded like the second note was a massive shift in tones and it definitely was different than what we're seeing in the first. So that lended me from reporting to think that maybe two even though it came from the same ip. However, when we start taking a look at the two notes together, and I think one of the most definitive things that links these two notes are these comma splices that you explained two sentences unnecessarily separated by the comma. The second sentence in these two notes is a reinforcing statement, so it's not necessary like we never intended to hurt her. That was not our intention. Why say both of those things, and it's repetitive. It was not our intention. We did not intend to hurt her. And then we're also seeing open compounds in both of these statements. Most people when they write out smart watch, it's smart watch one word, flood floodlight one word. If they see heart related, they hyphenate heart related. But in these notes, we're seeing these open compounds. These smart watch two separate words, not together, heart related, no hyphen So we're seeing these things they seem to leak stylistically, and for that reason, I have to make a caveat here. Though these are both short notes, so it's hard to say definitively. You can't assign to Jenner. It's hard to say to fenneratively that it's from one person. But based on what we have, that's the best analysis.
Speaker 2: Lisa didn't they both come from the same IP address.
Speaker 5: That is my understanding from reporting.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm glad you said it that way, because you know, I never know which end of Nano's things are coming out of this end or the other one. I'm still stunned. Day day one hundred, he goes, we don't have a note, Day one hundred and.
Speaker 2: One, here's the note.
Speaker 3: Okay, All Star panel jumping in straight out to doctor Bethany Marshall joining us. Renownces like COO Analyst out of the LA jurisdiction. She's the author of deal Breaker in the midst of her second book. She's seen on Peacock on Hulu, on Bravo, and she's a star of a new podcast on the Couch with Doctor Bethany Marshall. Doctor Bethany, thank you for being with us. Okay, I know you're gonna have a field day with this. Let's start. Let's put a the first ransom note that has been released. The whole point of this tonight is will it help us catch her killer? That's the issue. Oh hey, let me see Lisa Miller, real quick, Lisa, Lisa, look at this.
Speaker 2: I actually had it framed at the time.
Speaker 3: This was used in front of a jury, my jury in my first bank robbery case. Don't Comma touch Comma the alram Comma alram dyslexi.
Speaker 2: This is a roby. He also is a prolific user of apostrophe marks.
Speaker 3: When I tracked down a witness, not an eyewitness, but a circumstantial witness that knew a little bit about what the bank robber was wearing at the time of the robbery stylistically, so I got a line on him. The witness was, of course, in the Fulton County jail. I had him submit to a handwriting analysis and got a known handwriting and that use of Comma's turned the case. It turned the case. So comma splicing, odd, use of Comma's odd phraseology exactly what you're talking about. I wasn't as schooled as you were, as you are but I knew what I could see. Okay, sorry, doctor Bethany, but I had to go get that to show it to Lisa.
Speaker 2: Okay, Bethany hit it well.
Speaker 9: Whoever wrote this note is obsessive because he or she repeats the same phrases multiple times like hyperbole. It's interesting. We have your mother, Nancy, she perished, She's in nature.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 9: This person is trying to act sympathetic to form a bond with Savannah. In a way, he or she is trying to manipulate Savannah into believing them. It's a little like the BTK killer when he defended himself in court. He said about one of the victims, Hey, I'm a nice guy. I comforted her before I strangled her, before I put a pillow over her face. So this person who wrote the note, Okay.
Speaker 3: Wait, you're talking so fast, Bethany. This is not a speed race.
Speaker 2: Slow it down. Okay, what did you just say?
Speaker 9: The BTK killer, in an attempt to persuade the jury that he was not guilty, said I'm not a bad guy. I comforted her before I killed her. The author of this note is trying to get sympathy from Savannah, and I think we have your mother, Nancy, she perished was her heart, she's in nature. It sounds a little bit like the sociopath manipulating the victim before they slashed their throats. It's a highly manipulative note. The first note asks for money, the second says, oh, never mind, she perished. That tells me that by the time the author gets to the second note, they're more worried about breeding being brought up on homicide murder charges than the four million that they wanted originally. I do have an image of a wife or girlfriend standing over the author's note saying, oh, add this, add that, as if one is not enough, got to say it again and again. I do believe the author is obsessive, that they took a long time to write this note. The author is not is an ex patriot because of the USD and they take the almost like a European might say they were in hospital, not they were in the hospital. So I noticed that as well, and I think, finally you know the fact that there's these shifts and turns throughout the notes. You know, when I wrote my doctoral dissertation, I was told to consult with everybody in the department, about thirty people by the time I defended my dissertation, the committee said, sounds like it was written by thirty people. I'm like, yeah, I consulted with thirty people. It sounds like this guy or gal handed the note around, deliberated, thought a lot about it. But again, primarily it's the manipulative tone. So if you, whoever's listening, has somebody in your household who over talks is manipulative, grandiose, uses hyperbole, a lot of verrbal borishes, you should think very carefully about where that person was. Nancy Gotthrie went missing.
Speaker 3: Okay, back to you, Lisa Miller, who has done an incredible analysis of this note. What do you make of what Bethany just said? And our whole purpose tonight is to try to use these notes to identify the killer and he will be charged with felony murder even if his fantastical claim is true that Missus Guthny died of natural causes. Whenever a death occurs during the commission of a felony equals felony murder, which is murder one which does get the death penalty. It doesn't matter if you didn't intend for the person to die. If they die in the commission of a felony that would be kidnapped or burglary. That's a felony murder punishable by the death penalty. Now you heard what doctor Bethany said. Now I have great respect for doctor Bethany a clairvoriant. I don't know that, but her image she says of a girlfriend's standing over the writer's shoulder is.
Speaker 2: Not are fetched. That said, What do you make of it?
Speaker 5: You know, I have much respect for everything that was said. From an investigative standpoint, I look at the second note kind of like I looked at the offender across the table from me back when I was doing interviews of murderers or even the worst offenders that did some of the worst crimes against children. They always minimize their involvement. They turn it the second note is a passive thing. Nancy perished, Nancy didn't perish. You did something horrible by taking a vulnerable elderly woman out of the house, and you caused this. But that's how they choose to disk themselves. It's very common against that we hear the worst criminals do this. They take a passive role. It's always someone else's fault. It's definitely not their fault. And then I'm taking a look at like the phrase of perished and buried in nature odd statements, right, we have to evaluate could that be translation artifact from the translation tool or is it possibly ideolect something from where this individual has We all have this here in the States. We most of us speak English. We have different parts of the state, We have different slang that we use. That's our ideolect. It's individual to us. So perhaps this person the buried in nature the perish is their own ideolect. And so what people should be looking for at this point in time is looking at whether actually asked to watch behavioral changes post offense. Think about who writes like the dates the dates that were written in the notes, Who writes their dates out like that? Who maybe uses perish every now and then? Who have you heard that uses buried in nature?
Speaker 1: Crime stores? With Nancy Grace.
Speaker 6: On behalf of our family, we want to thank all of you for the prayers for our beloved mom. Nancy. We feel them and we continue to believe that she feels them too. Our mom is a kind, faithful, loyal, fiercely loving woman of goodness and liked. She's funny, spunky, and clever. She has grandchildren that adore her and crowd around her and cover her with kisses.
Speaker 5: She loves fun and adventure.
Speaker 6: She is a devoted friend, full of kindness and knowledge.
Speaker 5: Talk to her and you'll.
Speaker 6: See the light is missing from our lives.
Speaker 5: Nancy is our mother. We are her children. She is our beacon.
Speaker 6: She holds fast to joy in all of life's circumstances. She chooses joy day after day, despite having already passed through great trials of pain and grief. We are always going to be merely human, just normal human people who need our mom. Mama, Mama, if you're listening, we need you to come home.
Speaker 3: That was a portion of one of Savannah Guthrie's first please to bring her mother home. That is before she got the second note stating that missus Guthrie is dead, and she had to put on a brave face and go back into the anchorchaeir in front of millions of people, knowing the very distinct possibility her mother is dead straight out to Joseph Scott Morgan, Professor Forensics, Jacksonville State University. He is the author of Blood Beneath My Feet on Amazon. He is a star of a hit series Body bags with Joe Scott Morgan. But most important, he is a death investigator with over ten thousand death scenes under his belt. When I say professor of forensics, that doesn't just include as a death investigator. He investigates the scene. How are these notes going to help us? And I haven't even gotten into all of Nanos's screw ups that are now coming to light. Let me just direct your attention very quickly, Joe Scott Morgan to other missives that have resulted in a bust. That would be obviously Theodore Kazinski, the unibomber.
Speaker 2: He had a thirty five thousand word manifesto.
Speaker 3: Nut job here, we've only got about two hundred and eighty four words. That's a good question, not only for you, but for Lisa as well. What can we do with those two hundred and eighty four words. Then there are others You've got Israel Keys who sent a ransom note including a photograph Joe Scott Morgan, as you and I discussed in the past, of the victim dead, and he had heavily made her up and sewn her eyes open and blurried the photo so the victim FA remember her. The young barista Samantha Koenig blurred the photos so her father could not tell whether she was dead or alive, and then sent a ransom note he was caught. Then you've got other Oh yeah, btk, he sent written taunts buying torture, killed Dennis Raider. Oh there's his ugly face. He's still alive, amazingly. Then let's see, there's so many more. You've got Zodiac who taunted with written notes, never identified. That's helpful, right there. I can't tell a thing about him. And there are others. Oh yes, son of Sam Berkowitz caught written missives. Okay, look at him? Ugh, okay, Joe Scott forensically, what can I do with this? What can you add, Joe Scott that Lisa hasn't already told us?
Speaker 2: Speak now?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think the thing that really reaches out to me is that where they say we didn't intend to hurt her, and they talk about this intention again, and for me, that goes to the idea that they did in fact hurt her. And guess what, we've got evidence of that evidence that, by the way, and I'll say it plainly, that was ignored to their own peril. Now, and that is that blood deposition that we had on that front porch that they seemingly walked over, ignored whatever the hell they were doing at that moment in time, and they didn't see the import in this. And so for me, these two things are connected. I you know, it's it's very easy to sit here and say, yeah, she was infirmed, and you know she had physical problems. I've got I've got a lot more questions relative to this because they're the ones that bring up the term hurt. They're the ones that say this, and we have evidence of violence here as far as I'm concerned, that's position of blood that has originated from the Naso FARNICKX area. I am of the opinion that they pop this poor lady in the face to try to get her to comply, and she bled right there. I'm not saying she bled out, but they started her down this road. I don't give two hoots in hell what your intention was. She wound up dying in your custody, illegal custody by the way, this is a kidnapping. Obviously you are held directly responsible for this. So these people are violent, they are very violent, and now they're wanting to go back on this I think that they just by virtue of that second note, they know that there is a chance they're going to have to pay a heavy price for this. Now if they can get their wires straight relative to the investigative team and get marshalled on the line to head in the right direction investigatively, hopefully it's not too late. I think that there's still a chance that they can find out who whoever it is that did this, because look, as far as I'm concerned, these people are crazy. They're still out there and they can do harm to other people.
Speaker 1: For Crime Stores with Nancy Gray.
Speaker 3: Morgan Wright and Joining a cybersecurity expert former detective, he has actually trained the FBI KRT team on Internet investigations. He is the founder and the CEO of the National Center for Open and Unsolved Cases. Also, he's editor and host the Star of Crime Reconstructed.
Speaker 2: Morgan, thank you for being with us, jump in.
Speaker 11: I'm going to be I'm going to go a different tact on a lot of this stuff. A lot of my training also comes out of the intelligence community. I trained members the damage assessment people at NSACIA FBI. I'm looking at a lot of this stuff and I'm saying we're making a lot of assumptions, and these assumptions are not yet grounded in fact. So I take a look at even the ransom communications, and my first thought is Earl Edwin Pitts, FBI agent rested under a false flag operation by the FBI. Once the wall came down, we started seeing this information. I look at these communications. There's not enough material in there.
Speaker 5: To do it.
Speaker 11: Like in the unibomber case. By the way, some of the folks you know, like Mary All and O'Toole worked with a friend of mine, doctor William Floyd Tafoya, to revise the profile of the unibomber. What they originally thought was not it. It was a ludeye in his fifties, very technically advanced. So that was Kazinski. So I take a look and I say, all, there are alternative views of this information that we could have, especially the ransom note. So real quickly, here is somebody who is sophisticated enough to establish bitcoin. They use the bitcoin address in addition to the IP address. The one thing we know is the bitcoin address was put in both emails. So the ability to do that shows it's that right. There is documentation, it's the same thing with BTK, same thing with zodiac. You put items in there to document that you are who you say you are. Second thing is that this person these notes, the originator of these notes, has so far eluded identification by the FBI and Nancy. As you were saying, I mean many years ago I trained the FBI, but they are now the student has now become the master. When you can identify Chinese PLA agents, Russian SVR FSB agents, when you can do identify state actors in these investigations through in cyberspace, the fact that this person has not yet been identified shows a level of sophistication. So I don't want to assume that these messages are in fact what they're purported to be. I look at it. Are they a type of misdirection? Is this more of a psychological type of thing to make you believe that it's somebody overseas or somebody a foreign when they're actually not. This is all designed to slow you down, slow down the investigation, make you chase rabbit holes. So I've been very skeptical about these notes. I don't call them ransom notes because even in the note, if you were as I said before, words mean things it says quite smart watch. It does not say Apple watch. You could have made a leap of logic to find out that that that watch may have been left behind. I don't know that for sure, but I don't see anything proprietary. If you wanted to prove to me that you actually had Nancy, that you were in care, you had the care and custody and control of her, then send me a piece of her clothing, send me something we can test with DNA to correctly establish.
Speaker 5: In fact.
Speaker 11: On the screen right now, you can see it's a white Apple watch. That it's not just a smart watch, it's an Apple watch. People also identify by brands, so Nancy. I've been very skeptical about a lot of this information. I agree that releasing the note might help, but again, as we said about the unibomber, the difference in the manifesto and the number of words gives you behavioral insight. I don't think you can get from a small amount of words.
Speaker 2: Here, Nanos, wake up man.
Speaker 3: You have me to call you every morning and wake you up and get you started.
Speaker 2: You have any color code you're clothes for you?
Speaker 3: For Pete's sake, that said Nanos going down with the ship, pretending everything's honkey dory a okay with the Feds?
Speaker 2: What a croc okay, listen to this lie.
Speaker 4: It's a good relationship. It's always been a good relationship.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: We've we've been a member of the what it's known as the Southern Arizona Violent Crime Task Force headed up by the FBI for decades. We've always participated and to this day we still do. It's a it's a it's a it's not just a great relationship, it's one that's very valued.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: Notice he looks right at you and lies, so you believe him, or Hanity and Ptail, listen to this.
Speaker 12: I understand everybody's frustrations on this.
Speaker 5: I'm not frustrated with you.
Speaker 2: I'm frustrated that they If I was a sheriff and you the FBI is willing to help me, and time is of the essence I would want.
Speaker 3: I'd want all the help I can get.
Speaker 12: We have Quantico best live in the world. I had a fixed wing aircraft on the ground ready to move it immediately through the night. They just say know and they said, we're sending it to Florida, And I launched hundreds of agents and Intel staff to Phoenix and Tucson just for this case, just.
Speaker 2: To be on stand.
Speaker 12: They didn't want just to do the canvassing, and we said we'll take the DNA.
Speaker 3: My ears are bleeding right now at all the missed opportunities. Back to you, Joseph Scott Morgan. You mentioned the blood on the front porch. Let's see it. It's not just there, but it trails off down the walkway, which tells me which way they took her out. It's very obvious. This is from our friends at Fox Muse Digital. That was treated like it was nothing. People walked all over it. I mean later day, late dollar short we saw a tent erected around the front porch where I guess they were finally processing it, but not before everybody and her little sister trumped all over it, including a pizza delivery person ruin. Now that's on the outside that I can see, I can only imagine the horrors, the evidentiary horrors that took place on the inside. One DNA two.
Speaker 2: They ignored the.
Speaker 3: Fact that the back door was propped open. Hello, that's how one purp came in. And I to this day believe the guy the porch guy was looking in the window to see if his accomplice had made it to the front door. Yet no forest entry. Why because they came in the back and opened the front door. Duh, So they completely ignored the back door. They go Leelu's valuable critical hours by going back and forth of the family. Do you think she wandered off?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 3: No, she can only walk X number of yards. She didn't wander off. The family kept trying to tell them that, did they listen. No, That aircraft, very very sive equipment on it, sat on that runway, fixed wing till dusk dusk, from dawn till dusk.
Speaker 2: It ain't just a movie. Okay. That's how long they waited to do.
Speaker 3: Nanos's bidding, and he couldn't get his uh self together to use it. I'm just giving you a few examples. You know how important the first hours are, Joe Scott.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do.
Speaker 10: A high school forensic class would have pushed everybody away relative to that blood evidence that you see there and would have said, we got to lock this down. That's so elemental in an investigation. And here's one other thing. You can keep that clip up. This guy moving around out here, do you see where he's placing his feet out there on those ceramic tiles. If and you know the old adage about you know, wishes in one hand something else and the other see what fills up first. But if you see this right here and he's stomping around out there, if they had frozen this area down, locked it down, do you realize that they could have done electrostatic lifts out there, place milar down, lifted shoeprints out there, and yeah, it's going to be overlaid with other shoeprints. But if you freeze it at that moment in time, you can get an idea as to what he's leaving behind us a very dusty area and you can see every step he takes. Even how often do we have where we have a this is literally gritted off, Nancy. Yeah, that's we created that at Jack State. And it would have been so easy to have lifted that off if they just frozen, you know, just frozen in time. That's that's one of the elements that happens in a crim Seene investigation. We have the ability to lock things down, freeze right and Lord only knows what happened in that bedroom that has been lost.
Speaker 2: Lisa Miller, I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Speaker 5: Well. I think you know from your time as a prosecutor, there's no such thing as a perfect investigation. There are flaws now omittedly here. We have substantial flaws. I agree that crime scene should have been locked down, that should have been expanded right away. Everybody should have been kicked off with that property. We know that. I have to give the benefit of the doubt here. We didn't have the video of this porch guy walking around in those first days, and there was some mistakes, and as much regard as.
Speaker 3: I have for the FBI, I do not want to tangle with you because of your expertise and maybe over my head right now, but no, we didn't have the video because Nana's blurret it out.
Speaker 2: There is no video, but we did have.
Speaker 3: The blood trailing off in the direction where she went, so we know she went that way. I don't need a video. I could figure that much out on my own. My two twins could figure that out.
Speaker 5: I agree. And in a massive misstep by both the FBI, because they did come back later, they also did not take that mat. They also did not take that door off and ship it to Quantico for processing. Well, you're exactly right. We saw the blood, so that should have shut down that front entrance area. They also should have seen where the camera a camera had been removed from the frame holding it to the doorframe. That should have given them an indication.
Speaker 3: Good point. Good point. We completely glossed over that. That was a major red flag that she had been taken. Yet they dithered around for hours trying to figure out that she wander off and another blurt effects nanos reveals something critical.
Speaker 4: It's very active. We've got a lot of work ahead of us. We've done a lot of work, but we still have more. And there's not just in DNA where labs across the country are working together, but in forensics analysis of thousands and thousands of videos, photos, and we also have still tens of thousands of tips that we that come in and we actively work in them. So it's a very active investigation.
Speaker 3: Every time he speaks, I cringe, why is DNA all across the country because he sent it to his pet lab that he's got a money contract with in Florida DNA Lab International, I believe is the name, instead of sending it to experts in this field.
Speaker 2: They again dithered.
Speaker 3: For weeks and weeks and weeks before it was finally sent to labs that could handle the job.
Speaker 2: I call on.
Speaker 3: All citizen sleuths, regardless of your expertise. They need help. My mind is open to any analysis, any observation at all regarding these ransom notes. How do you think Kazinski was solved because of the manifesto? It's happened over and over before. If you know or think you know anything about Missus Guthrie's disappearance, dial eight hundred two two five five three two four, or if you wish to remain anonymous five two zero eight eight two seven four sixty three. There is one point two plus million dollar reward for information leading to Missus Guthrie or her remains. Where about. A conviction is not required for you to get one point two million dollars. We remember an American hero, Deputy Sheriff Jillian Olson, Lexington County Sheriff of South Carolina, just twenty nine killed in a line of duty, leaving behind grieving parents. So proud of her, Jim and Molly. American hero Deputy Sheriff Jillian Olson, thank you to our guest, but especially to you for never giving up in the search for missus Guthrie. Nancy Gray signing off for tonight, but I'll see you tomorrow night, and until then, good night.