Speaker 1: Thank you everybody for joining us on this Park Copper episode of Magical Rewind. We are really lucky today a special episode. Sabrina, we have the I'm just gonna say it every week, but I know you are also very excited for this one because you're such a.
Speaker 2: Fan of Friends. I am that you can't wait for this.
Speaker 1: So I'm a fan of Friends as well. But I'm also a big fan of Buffalo Dreams. And we want to talk to this woman because she played the mom. We've had now we've had both parents, because we had George Newbern on how we're gonna have Its gonna be great, So please help us.
Speaker 2: Welcome Jane Sibbett. Hey, how are you? Hi?
Speaker 3: Hi, Hi, Hi?
Speaker 4: How are you doing.
Speaker 1: We're great, how are you? Thank you so much for taking the time to join us. We're so excited to have you here. We talked to your Buffalo Dreams husband.
Speaker 4: Oh you did, George.
Speaker 1: Mister George, he's doing very well. He's literally selling olive oil now, he'd si he is. He and his wife have like hundreds of olive oil trees and they're pressing their own oil and like doing this whole kind of olive oil thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like a whole new venture for himself, and he seems to be loving it, which is so cool.
Speaker 4: That makes sense, That makes sense for him, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: It's on brand, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It really is? You know, I keep thinking of like old Lucille Ball stumping on the grapes, But that's not what he's doing. They're pressing, They're pressing, they are.
Speaker 1: But thank you for putting that image of George stomping on grapes in my head.
Speaker 4: I probably would love that. I don't even know where he is right now.
Speaker 2: Where is he's in?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Is it Losvos? Is that where he is?
Speaker 1: Or he's he's up that way? Perfect, he's up that way, really enjoying his life.
Speaker 4: Well, you know that's the way to.
Speaker 2: Do exactly right, good way it.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for joining us here on all things Disney Channel Original movies.
Speaker 4: It's so it's so lovely to be here and me visit that magical time had.
Speaker 1: We really loved Buffalo Dreams that we're going to get into that, but we always like to start when people come on to talk a little bit about what's your origin story? How did you decide to become an actor?
Speaker 4: Oh? My goodness. Well, I kind of I fell into it as a little girl who always loved to play dress up, like so many of us loved to play act. But then I was such a shy, shy, shy child, and I had really outrageous and wonderful close girlfriends whose parents were in theater and saying opera and to all sorts of things, and so we played dress up endlessly. But it was when I got to my freshman year in high school and I had the opportunity at my little conservative Catholic high school to have a special week where I got to jump into acting. And I was so happy because I was free. I didn't have to be Jane, I didn't have to be shy Jane. I could just be something else. And so it kind of started working in my heart like this would be super fun. And so I didn't want anyone to know I was a theater geek. You know, we could all love that, we can love all of our movies and love going to plays and stuff, but you know, those people were really out there for me. And so what I did was I kind of snuck out and I did community theater and even more and more so, I finally when my mom said, what are you going to do? What's your dream? And I said, well, my dream is to write, But you know what I think I want to do is I want to try acting. And she said, go for it. So I got into UCLA and I was just one thing after another. I felt like it was one like magical mystic call movement by angels that I still don't know to this day that actually bumped me to the first audition, that led me to my first screen test, that led me to my next kid. It was really was like boom boom boom. I always say, and I and I really truly mean it that I have friends, you know, at college in particular, who are far more talented than I, far more talented, but somehow something plucked me up and gave me these opportunities. So I never take that for granted. I know that there's others work for I loved every and I do love and I continue to love every moment of it.
Speaker 2: But were you a California kid? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Fifth generation? Okay, so you're both are in California. Yeah, now in California?
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, I grew up in Orange County, but he's from the East Coast.
Speaker 2: I'm from Connecticut. Yeah, so I will.
Speaker 3: Never say he's a California kid.
Speaker 1: I've been here thirty years, but I'm still a Connecticut boy.
Speaker 4: You both really are on brand though, for looking like you're California and I'm losing my as I'm getting older, I'm losing my blonde hara. But yes, you're on brand.
Speaker 5: Were you able to stay in college or were you just like picking up so much that you had to, Like how did were you able to finish and do that or did it.
Speaker 3: Take you away from it because you were so busy.
Speaker 4: That's a really good question because I because at UCLA at that time, you were booted if you got a job outside of the Wow. Yeah, because they wanted us to commit to our education.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it would literally kick you out of school if you got a job. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And like just hard because I was like, oh no, no, no, you could take regular jobs. You just couldn't take an acting job.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: You had to commit to your education. And so I between my junior and my senior year, I was on a plane to screen test for Soapa Broad New York, which is one of those things that's overnight, like oh my.
Speaker 2: Gosh, here we go.
Speaker 4: And I blessedly didn't get the job. Jane Kikowski got the job. Okay, I wish she is, of course trusten obviously. Wait, she also did a huge siccon, didn't she.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well she was in Allan McBeal.
Speaker 4: Alan mcbeil, wasn't she also? I feel like she was on something.
Speaker 2: Else, thirty Rock that's it. Yeah, yeah, she's huge.
Speaker 4: I mean she's huge. Anyway, she got the part, and I was like, that's fine. I got to stay at UCLA and do this one and really intense class where they plucked some of the undergrads and put him into the graduate department for one year. So we actually got a lot more acting in combat and all the things that you would she always wished to have, but you don't have to necessarily get the master's degree. And my best friends are from that time, so it was, you know, again all the things that were supposed to happen, and I ended up working with I mean, you know what it's like, I got ended up working with a casting director because I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't have an agent, I didn't have any of them, right, and so this casting director that sent me on that screen test called up an agent at the time that was really highly regarded, very boutique agency but did a lot of work with theater actors, and she said, I'm not going to sign her, but I will put her under my wing and she can, you know, just loosely be with us. When I was there for like five years, but I started working with this casting director, so I got to see everybody and how they were when they came into the room.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: That was like, that was my master's education was working with this casting director to see how you could really blow it? Right, Yes, you don't know, right?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't know how you You didn't say all the things you can do to get the job, you said you really saw the things you could do to blow it.
Speaker 3: That's really amazing.
Speaker 1: I have to ask, what's the one thing that you remember most about, Like, oh, you do that, you're not going to get the job.
Speaker 2: What's the thing that you're going to blow it the second you do this?
Speaker 4: I think the people that would come in with an attitude unless it was the character, of course, we're just like, Nope, nobody wants to work with a jerk. Yeah, nobody wants to work for the jerk. It's really weird. I don't understand why. I mean, I'm sure I've done that before. But you know, no one really wants to work with a jerk, so they want, you know, they want personality. But some people would come in there would be rude or they would they wouldn't be prepared. And that was the thing. You know, if you are in the room, be prepared as best. And obviously nerves can make you know, make it comfortable, but it doesn't ruin it. I think I think it's something about obviously, you know, there's there's a you know, the genesiquah of charisma or magnetism. But I found the people that were actually interested in making a connection also with the people in the room, not kissing up right then really making that heart to heart connection. Like now I really want to know about you two, Like if I if you guys already come into my room, like you know, how would you do it right?
Speaker 2: Do you know? Do you know how we how audition?
Speaker 4: How do you prepare your spirit before you go in?
Speaker 2: Oh god, oh my question.
Speaker 5: We just talked about this with someone else in an interview, and I mean it didn't matter how many times.
Speaker 3: You go on an audition.
Speaker 5: It's way more often for you to be your nerves to kick in and be just it's so stressful than it is to be like walking in and being like I got this, Like even when it's like the most perfect part, there's a part of an actor that has that just anxiety and nerves. But what I love that about that is for me, my nerves and my anxiety means that I care if I was going into an audition room and I didn't have that really in it. I went in, I went out, It didn't matter. I obviously didn't care about that part. This anxiety or nerves for me was like, oh yeah, like I'm gonna like it was. It would get me like kind of it would turn into it would take me because I'd live in Orange County drive up to LA it would.
Speaker 3: Be on the nightmare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the nightmare.
Speaker 5: I would hate it and have all this anxiety to the point if there was any traffic I wanted to just go back home. But then it would somehow from getting out of my car to sitting down in the waiting room become like adrenaline And it was something that I feel like I eventually nurtured and made work for me.
Speaker 4: He's working against me, right, you challenged something else, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I too, love.
Speaker 5: I mean, you've been on a set where you don't make connections, and so I really would go into the casting rooms and, you know, try to make somewhat of a connection, because if that person was going to be on set at some point, that'd be somebody who I've kind of felt a little bit more comfortable with, you know, So I do think that's important for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. True. I thought the best advice that anyone had ever given me, way back in those days when I was first starting out, was remember, they want you to make their job easy.
Speaker 2: Sure, they want they want you to They don't want you to fail. Yeah, they don't want you to.
Speaker 4: You just think like, oh my gosh, well maybe I own that person.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be fun?
Speaker 4: You know. I tried to like flip it a little more.
Speaker 2: That's good. I just I just try to make people laugh. That's when I go in and just try to make people laugh. It's just my thing.
Speaker 4: So do you think do you think of your dad joke beforehand?
Speaker 1: I know, I just kind of read the room and you go in there and you throw something out, But yeah, I just that was always my thing is just if I can get you laughing, then I'm fine because then you're.
Speaker 2: In a laughing mood.
Speaker 1: And normally I'm reading for four camerasitcom anyway, because that was my It's like, yeah, it doesn't work if I'm reading for er, but if I'm reading for you know, four camera sitcom, then making you laugh and reading the room is something that I enjoy doing. But you talked about how you were a shy growing up, which I find interesting because I'd love to talk a little bit about k R A t O.
Speaker 2: Yes, you were a DJ, weren't you?
Speaker 4: Was it DJ? So?
Speaker 2: What was that like?
Speaker 1: I mean, were you able to Was that another way for you to kind of come out of your show a little bit? Was just you and the microphone and you just got to kind of have fun.
Speaker 4: You know. That was the time in my high school life that I was definitely putting on a persona, doing my best to be something something else, something I had moved from that shy area, from that from that town into a whole other town when my parents split up, So I decided I was going to be do my best to be brave. But I still didn't want people to know I was a theater.
Speaker 2: A closeted theater geek.
Speaker 4: It was just because they were so bigger than life. And it's no judgment.
Speaker 2: Like to this day, some.
Speaker 4: Of my best friends I want to play my wife on Friends. I mean, she's a huge theater actors I love and most of my most of my dearest friends are in theater, still doing theater. It's not that I I love it, It's just that I didn't want to perform like you know, you are naturally funny. I was not give me a script. I'm okay, I can hide behind it, okay, but krit was just a fun way for me. Actually, it was more because the music I moved to Sacramento, and the music when I moved to Sacramento was just the time. Were you around when like MTV is happening.
Speaker 1: Of course, okay, of course I'm almost fifty, so I'm I'm yeah, I was there for it all, So you.
Speaker 4: Were there, so that that just broke When I was in high school and when I moved from the Bay Area, I was sad and I've heard splitting up. But also the music that was playing in Sacramento was about four years behind us. It felt like, oh, it was a great opportunity for me to bring really cool music to Sacramento. So I changed up the playlist from ac DC just you know, it's like New Way music, the carrso yeah, good music, the tubes, the cars.
Speaker 1: I love that car.
Speaker 2: Oh that's awesome. Okay.
Speaker 1: So then you find yourself you're you're now out of UCLA. You luckily they didn't kick you out for wanting to get a job. So you go, where does Santa Barbara the soap opera come into play?
Speaker 4: Well, again, it was from the so So this this audition that happened that made that gave me that screen test. Well, I just still don't know who recommended me for that, that had me. They put it in my box. It's like the secret you know, it's like a secret message. You have an audition at NBC tomorrow at you know, such and such time. So that casting director brought me back, you know, to help him read people, as I said, And then when the Santa Barbara audition came up, he had me read for Robin Wright's part, and and obviously she got it. And this was a you know, it was a big deal because everyone was excited about a new soap opera, and so that's how I auditioned for another part. And everyone wants to play by days that by nine a dual character, because I gave you the juiciest stuff. It was so ridiculous. I'm like so over the top like I had.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: I was doing a.
Speaker 4: Play at the Santa Monica Playhouse at that time, and my hair was red because my because I was replacing at that time, that's Italia Balsam, who is who is George Cliney's wife at the time, and all the casts had well another the mother and the sister had red hair, so of course to take over her part, I had to dye my hair red all this and so I and then I got the part on Santa Barbara. And I love the idea that I wasn't a blonde because a lot of the characters were as blond as Usul, you know, they were very blonde. And so they asked if I would keep my red hair. And I was still doing the play like old course until I could run this out. But I had to dye my hair once because I was growing, my roots were growing and blonde. Yeah, and it wasn't it wouldn't stay. So finally it was That's how I got the part. But it was it was a lot of fun. She was a dual character, and I literally was was. I was way beyond anything that I knew in my life how to do it. I mean, I have some really big stories about how rough it can be when you are not prepared for it. And soaproper life was like the most rigorous was five days a.
Speaker 5: Week and you know thirty four and script changes and things that happened like in a blink and you're going through pages and pages and pages at once. I I was on Bold and Beautiful for when I was younger, and it was like and I thought it was great, But what was great It.
Speaker 3: Was consistent, Like I'm seeing that you were on. You appeared in one hundred and.
Speaker 5: Eighteen episodes, all within like two years, Like that's literally working, like everything's.
Speaker 2: Three hours, that's three weeks.
Speaker 1: That's three weeks with the shooting on a soap opera right undred and eighteen episodes.
Speaker 2: It's almost at.
Speaker 5: That time I was hoping to get a contract because soap opera work was great for that consistency.
Speaker 3: And that schedule, like I was.
Speaker 5: I was in college, so I was thinking, Oh, I can work my college schedule around it, But.
Speaker 2: How did you do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be hard to do that.
Speaker 3: I didn't end up getting the contract.
Speaker 5: I only ended up doing like eight, eight or nine episodes or something like that.
Speaker 3: But I liked working on it and I felt like it helped my memory so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right. I would almost recommend that to everybody starting out. That was even more intense to my college education because you have to learn memorization. But like my very first day, no idea, No, No, I'd never been trained at UCLA about cameras because I was a pater actress, right, and you know, you can't get an acting degree in film at that point. You couldn't. No, I think they do, but at that point you couldn't. So literally, on my first day, I am being blocked with lines that I had just learned, had gotten my script the night before. I was you know, I was probably only like twenty pages, but that's a lot any people you've never met before A ton. Yeah, so you're getting you know, blocked in and all of that, and all of a sudden I hear booming. I still say it makes me like fill with goosebumps. This day, I hear someone yelling over the loud speaker help that, and he swore he gave me a little scrumword to find her light. Oh my gosh, wow, because I was working with a really tall actor and I was behind him, so I was completely my face and shot. Oh like, So I've always kind of turned that into like, find my godlife right there you go there for the rest of my life, It's like find my life. And so I and literally my eyes were like this, and someone just took me by the shoulders and just moved me over.
Speaker 3: Never let me help you out here.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what to do. Word, I mean, all these cameras, like you said, it was the best experience. I had, amazing, amazing castmates that were just you know, helping me get into it, get into the part is I'm trying to play two different characters.
Speaker 1: So then you go on from this show to some of the greatest television ever quite literally Kim Cooperman on Cheers, Yeah, notably, what was that set. I'm a I'm a television fanatic. Sitcom is my thing. It has been my entire life. I will live to bring it back, So what was that set like?
Speaker 4: It was also one of the best, So I keep looking at like in my career, I've been blessed to learn from the best and that cast. What they did with every guest star is they would take them out to lunch. That's amazing, and so on the very first day you go to lunch with casts and they don't tell you before and they just say, hey, you want to come with us, and then you and I just like, Okay, that's how I want it to be if I ever get on a show. I want that kind of thing where you take care of them guests and you make them feel welcome. Yeah, okay, for got it. So they were wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. I mean it was. Mine was mostly a hair gag on that one. You know, I had a big old bee hive and stuffed Kleenex in my hair and all.
Speaker 2: It's still totally.
Speaker 3: Cool though they made the bee hive by having Kleenex in it.
Speaker 4: He's stuffed it with Cleenex. So at the end of the day, we're cool. You never saw that on camera, but to this day.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know, how they.
Speaker 4: Wild they drafted around Cleenex yeah, yeah, that was fun.
Speaker 1: You also have one of the best partners ever for your first on screen kiss was Johnny Depp in twenty one Jump Street, right, which is I mean.
Speaker 2: Young show my childhood? I loved? Yeah, so what was what was twenty one Job Street like?
Speaker 4: Also amazing And mostly it was amazing to me because here I am in ball gowns and all of these crazy outfits and how and uh and but it was mostly amazing to me about what happened behind the scenes for that one.
Speaker 2: Do we get to know? Do we get to know? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I can tell you this story. It's all right. We had a situation where we were flown. I think we flew over. I don't think we took about over to Victoria Island. So we you shoot in Vancouver at the studios in Vancouver, but we went over to Victoria Island. Beautiful, beautiful, and we ended up and as you know, you're supposed to have first class hotels in first class everything, right, just to make it easy, And so we flew over and the hotel was a hotel hotel, Okay, gotcha. Yeah, I don't know the rating of this. I know we're talking about.
Speaker 2: What you want. You're fine, you could say whatever you want, you're.
Speaker 4: Good, And I say everything okay because there might be more. And so basically there was like a strip joined in the lobby area and bar, and my room was next to the elevators and the ice machine and all sorts of bumping noises out on the wall next to me, And so I didn't get a lot of sleep that first night we went over to Victoria. And so the next day I'm in makeup and Johnny comes in and he's in a mood and and he said, how is your room? And I said, uh, I'm all right, I'm not a complainer. And he's like, no, tell me, tell me. I'm like, okay, ice machine and next to the elevator goes that's it, that's it, you know, And he was angry. So he goes outside and apparently he kicked the mirror off the producer's Jaguar and said, you know better. You know what we're supposed to have, right, you know what we're supposed to have. You know what our rules are. So we finish out our day shooting and my driver takes me and drops me off at this palatial hotel on Lake Victoria. My sweet, that was bigger than my apartment, but like five times, there's a huge bouquet of flowers, a huge basket of fruit, and all sorts of yummies. And I go to the window and there's Parliament, which is like, you know, they're beautiful, beautiful all and sparkly lights all around it, and I think I've gone to heaven. And so then I go back to work the next day and Johnny said, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much?
Speaker 4: I know, he said it was, so he goes, my room is so beautiful. I had to drag my mattress out and look at the view all night long and talk to his girlfriend Jennifer right at the time, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It was the strip club better at the Palatial Hotel.
Speaker 3: More than a team versus.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: But they did take me out to another one later on.
Speaker 3: I love to want to go to strip clubs. He just didn't want to sleep.
Speaker 4: Because a strip club, because they didn't want me to feel bad. They were all having fun. I was next to the boom boom boom.
Speaker 1: So you then go from there, you will, I promise we'll get to Buffalo Dreams. But you've had so many awesome shows on your resume and I could sit here and talk to you all day about herman's head. But I think at this point, even through the zoom, Sabrina will kick me if we don't get to friends, because she is such a huge fan of Friends, huge.
Speaker 3: Fan I do. I have a million questions. I want to start with, how to take it away?
Speaker 5: How when when, first of all, the audition process, because this was second season that you were coming into, right or was it first season?
Speaker 2: First season?
Speaker 5: Because there was a few episodes. Was it just the pilot that had one a different actress for your part?
Speaker 3: Just the pilot?
Speaker 5: Okay, So how was that when you when you get this this script? Like, what point of the Friend's phenomenon was it when this audition came into your lap?
Speaker 4: So I auditioned for Rachel originally? Oh wow? And when I left the room on that one. And this is a story that's been so reported and clickbaited like crazy just to get the clickbait, and they always tell it wrong, and it makes me mad and it makes me sad every time I see Jen. So I'll stay up straight up front. Obviously she got the part, and obviously I love her. She's a dear, dear, dear friend. To me. So, so let me just say I walk out of it, and I get immediately as soon as I walk out the glass doors of Warner Brothers, I get a phone. My phone's ringing. My manager is saying.
Speaker 6: They love you, they love you, they love you, they want you, they want you, they want you.
Speaker 4: And of course it's about the screen test, but that's where the story usually gets clickbaited. Okay, So anyway, and I said, it's wonderful. Did you tell them I'm pregnant because I was brand new pregnant.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, And.
Speaker 4: They said, no, no, no, no, no no, We're going to wait for that you screen test and then we'll talk. I'm like, no, I you know, I call my husband husband.
Speaker 2: My husband's the best thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: So good, my love.
Speaker 4: He's the father of my children, he says, my husband anymore. But he is a producer. And so I know you have to respect the producers and their schedules. There's only so much. And see did you have and so I so I I insisted, you have to tell them, I said, And I tell them I would love to do this part. Maybe we could work it out, or I said, And if it doesn't work, out. Please tell them I'd love to play the Pregnant Lesbian because I think the script is amazing. I love the script. At an incredible time in the room, it was one of those situations where there was no nerves. I was so excited to be in there, and there was lots of laughter and they were just so supportive. And so they called back and they said, look, that's it's Timing's not going to work out for either of those things. Thank you so much, but we'll for sure think of you. And so after I came home from my twenty four hour labor with my son, the phone rings. I picked up the phone and it's my it's my manager and he said, hey, remember that show that they wanted to test you. Well, they'd like you to take over the Pregnant Lesbian tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh geezrow, oh comesre.
Speaker 4: That was when we picked up the phone, right, you know, you pick up surely congratulations and so yeah, yeah tomorrow. I'm like, oh, oh, so sore. I don't know, I'm kind of tired. That was labor. Twenty four hours was tough.
Speaker 6: Yes, So like, hey how about this, how about we send the pilot over to you can watch it and then you can decide and and uh so, and I said, look, I can't like, no, We'll make it super simple.
Speaker 4: You can bring your nanny. I'm like, I don't have nanny. I have my mom.
Speaker 3: That you think I have a nanny, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: My mom is here. I'm not working right now anyway, So and I said, I have my mom is here because she just helped me deliver the baby. So anyway, they sent the pilot over. I'm nursing my son and I'm watching David Swimmer and I just went, oh my god, I have to work with this man. He's so amazing. You know. Besides, it's only two episodes, because they only said it was gonna be two episodes.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, oh wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So anyway, the next day, my mom I, oh, I have you had children.
Speaker 5: I don't know they have to So my mom would be like, pack it up, let's go right.
Speaker 4: No, probably they're mostly sleeping, and mostly you're just trying to take care of your whatever wounds you might have. Yeah, you get your.
Speaker 5: Milk coming in long as you have baggy enough pants to wear, your diaper and all.
Speaker 4: The things exactly, all the things. You know, you're acting with it yeah, I forgot to say I was. I guess I was prian diaper. Wasn't I a great thing that I was? I was puffy because I was playing a pregnant character.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so amazing.
Speaker 4: Had all the great maternity clothes of my own clothes, and I brought my own you know, velvetress and.
Speaker 3: All this sudden Oh wow, that's so cool.
Speaker 2: So what was that set like? Because there's there's things we can you hear.
Speaker 1: Some things you hear that's good, you hear it's bad, and you know, everybody has different experiences with stuff, but you were there the best.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 4: I knew half the people from beforehand. Jennifer Aniston played Herman's little sister.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember that on.
Speaker 4: Herman's head, So I knew her from before. I knew Let's see who ELSEO and Lisa Kudro I had seen in a play I don't know, maybe a year earlier, and I just thought she was so phenomenal. I was just to get her an agent. I went backstage and like, who's your agent?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're amazing.
Speaker 4: You have to work and she didn't have one, you know. Of course, at that point everybody was like I work with this woman and let me see you go down the list. And oh and of course you know Matthew I knew because he was one of Hank's best friends. Hank was on Harman's Head, and so I knew all of these these guys and then I met the rest. So it was heaven. I walk in there and you know, I've got the baby, so I'm all milk dunk and you know my baby ages anyway, right, So yeah, but.
Speaker 2: It's also like walking around with a puppy, like everyone wants to be.
Speaker 3: So true to get the baby.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 5: That wasn't how was it with the writers Because I was actually seeing you know, their reunion show and stuff. It looked like the writers were just right there working with the actors, like giving them like why don't we try this line? And just like it just seemed like the energy that they brought was just yeah, incredible.
Speaker 4: Highest benchmark of my career. And I you know, like I said, different benchmarks for different things, like Scott Bakula and kut eam leep had taught me how to be with a crew that was like really great, and so all the things you learn when I was on Friends, not only I mean I was already accepted by the cast, so that was that was an a burner. But the way that the writers and the producers worked with their actors was completely different than what we had. When I was working on Herman's Head and my husband was one of the executive producers, there was a and it wasn't he didn't do this, but the higher ups did. They wanted a line in the sand. They were happy that my husband and I got together, or my husband and I got together on the show. They want to line this and do not communicate. Everything goes to the director. They want to wow all lockdown protocol. But this was like, come on, let's all work together. And literally, if something wasn't working, everyone would go jumping into someone's room and work it out and like, hey, can I help you? Do you need it? You know?
Speaker 3: Or don't you be?
Speaker 1: That's that's how creative, that really truly creative people work. There's nothing better than a room full of creative people all trying to be creative.
Speaker 2: There's just nothing better than that.
Speaker 4: It's like really, and that was the thing. It was like, how can we make this the best it can be? How can we all shine all of it? And again, it's exactly what I mean. You've you've been on cat you know shows where it's that like that. I mean, I've never experienced such enthusiastic collaboration so much. I vowed to them all the time.
Speaker 1: I thought, well, we have to since this is what our decom our show is about, is the dcon, we do have to talk a bit about Buffalo dreamy stories.
Speaker 2: I can tell you that.
Speaker 1: The funniest thing we started, I know, she was with the George interview. We started, we said, we're talking about Buffalo Dreams and he went, why that was George, God bless them, But what what memories do you have of of Buffalo Dreams and shooting in Utah and being around the animals and the rest of your cast. We've gotten to speak to some pretty great people. We've talked to a lot of the people in your cast at this point. So yeah, it was uh, it was a really we we really we rate all the movies. We're watching all of the Disney Channel movies and we're getting the cast back together.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well no, we rated highly Buffalo Dreams.
Speaker 1: So I'm just curious as what that experience was like for you shooting that movie. If you can remember, because George didn't and we had to basically tell them what Buffalo Dreams was twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what I'm mostly remember was the quality of the place, and I mostly remember the quality of the people. Again, I had to go back, like, Okay, so I remember, I remember with the show, I remember the movie It's about I remember, I remember, you know, there was a whole but the you know, yeah, the DNE I mean the the people that we worked with from Navajo Nation, and they were and I'm not giving the accent, the proper the proper accent on that one, but but they were so kind and so so generous, not only with because I I'm always interested in how I can honor wherever I am. So like if you walk into a cast, you will obviously want to say, you know, I love your work, whatever it is, I love your work. But with this, I really wanted to make sure that I was being respectful of the people that were there, and and they love of the cast obviously was from the area that none of our main cast, like Graham Green, came down from Canada.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, And so did we talk to Simon Simon Baker as they came.
Speaker 4: Down from Canada. They were amazed. They were amazing and lovely and generous. And I didn't have a lot to do with the with them, but I just remember, here's a little tiny thing. And I again and I get that I've taken from this when I there was a woman that was was atmosphere and she was wearing these beautiful turcoise ear rings and I just complimented, like, those are so beautiful and she just looks me, thank you, and that she's handsome to me.
Speaker 5: Jeez.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I said, oh no, no, no, no, I just was complimenting, and she said, no, that's our tradition. You compliment. You must get that. Oh that's super careful about what I call right now.
Speaker 2: I love your car.
Speaker 3: What a beautiful house you live, beautiful.
Speaker 4: Love your husband. Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 1: George said the thing he remembers the most was was spending time with you.
Speaker 2: He did, he said, he I'm joking.
Speaker 5: Because he said that you guys never actually worked together on Friends when you guys both did the show, and he said, it was just really amazing to be able to work with you, and you guys had just a really great time during filming.
Speaker 4: He's he's just a magnificent being he is. He's such a he's such a character. Anyway, I don't know is how he is with other people. I just know how he was that.
Speaker 1: He and I we do we we do voiceovers together and now we were we do we do the conventions together. So I'll see him at these conventions and We'll sit down and he's he's just that way with everybody.
Speaker 2: He's just yeah, that interesting.
Speaker 4: I would I would love to witness that just from afar.
Speaker 1: Now, did we read that you are kind of a lifelong animal lover cowgirl, Like, did you grow up kind of around animals? Was this so was Buffalo dreams? Was this kind of right in your wheelhouse?
Speaker 4: Well, I wasn't riding. I wish that I was. I wish, Yes, being around Buffalo was brandon for all of us. I think actually that was that was a remarkable experience also. But I was raised with horses.
Speaker 2: And then if oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I've always I've always trained and trained and trained horses, and so that was that was part of my young childhood. And then when my husband and I wanted to get out of the city a little bit, the craziness of you know, Handcock Park, in Los Angeles. We went to the Penga and we bought a ranch and so horses and pigs and chickens in the whole deal, and then we Whyian did a farm there. It's a good thing normally would be farm ranch because of the sizes of the properties. That right, super super just wonderful education for our kids as well. They're all you know, really there there were or their discipline was mucking out the stalls.
Speaker 2: That's great. Are you still in California or.
Speaker 4: I'm in northern California? Okay, nice, I came up here to help with my mom and she passed away just about seven months ago.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to hear that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm but sorting the stuff, yeah, yes, yeah, someday someday. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean that was I imagined just the setting for you, even though you would, like you said, your character wasn't.
Speaker 3: Working with all the animals and stuff.
Speaker 5: But one of the things that stood out with us a lot was the weather that they had, Like the storms that you guys were sitting out on the porch and you know, the storms that seemed like that was going on there. We weren't sure was it wasn't it a question we had where those real storms are actually sitting there watching or was that all you know, green screen or or what?
Speaker 2: But the house I lived it was movie magic. Okay, that's what we were.
Speaker 4: There might have been a little movie magic, but but I do remember, I mean literally, I will say. And it was interesting because Georgian census. But when I went there, like this place is the most mystical, magical. I mean, have you spent have you shot there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No? And you're lucky because most of the decons are shot in like Salt Lake City, not the area of Utah. If you guys got to which was cool.
Speaker 4: We started in Salt Lake and I don't remember because I remember taking him to some of my old restaurants because Don Shane was one of the producers on this. He had done a couple of other things that I had done, and I didn't even know he was on this movie. You know, he's he's that kind of person. He's a pretiser you go to and so anyway, he wasn't like somebody auditioned for right, so I had I knew what Saltlake City was like, and I love the people were so incredibly generous and lovely to me. So I had a great thing. George is like he was trying to grab me, but I'm like, let me take you to a couple of cool restaurants. You know. He was to have steak and brew, and I just want to like, can we go to the natural restaurant? Show you another kind of good time?
Speaker 1: Well, we know that you have to take off, but it was thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: We were We rated it very highly. We really loved Buffalo Dreams. We did it was a wonderful film.
Speaker 4: And where can we see this? Can we where can we see what? No? Not only not what you're doing, but I want you to do it. But are you going to be Can you screen it for us? Can we watch it again?
Speaker 2: Or it's on Disney Plus?
Speaker 4: So okay, but we can't do it with you, can't we?
Speaker 1: Just you want to actually do a play by play of Buffalo Dreams?
Speaker 2: Sure we could always work that out.
Speaker 4: Do something fun, that's good. I'd love to hear. George's commentary was he grousing a little bit?
Speaker 2: Of course? Person again, he started with you watched Buffalo Dreams? Why so he had.
Speaker 5: No idea, but he did say two though, so this isn't really an abnormal situation, he said in his interview. Out of he said, over I forget how many movies he's been in, but he said over the you know, fifty big amount of projects that he's been a part of. He really can only watch like five or six of them. Yea not cringe, he said he can. He just has such a hard time watching himself back. So he didn't even remember. He's like, I don't know, I didn't watch that. I'm not gonna not going to either.
Speaker 4: Yeah he did an interview.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did the interview, but he was like, you guys, tell me what the movie was about.
Speaker 1: I've been with him at conventions where he's literally said to me, hey, will I've got to go and do a panel. They're going to ask me questions about the show him on. What should I tell them? And I'd be like, all right, so I can watch it in season two, here's what you did in season three, here's what you.
Speaker 3: Just don't like watching themselves back.
Speaker 2: It's just Robert Redford never never seen himself in anything.
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't watch I still haven't watched trans all the way through.
Speaker 2: Say there you go. It doesn't end. Well, they're all killed the tragic. It's terrible. It's terrible.
Speaker 4: You watch it over.
Speaker 3: I do when I hit the last episode.
Speaker 2: That's what I do with mash.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in one episode one, I just go right back over and over and over again.
Speaker 4: I love watching it. I know it's good comfort for so many people.
Speaker 2: It is you do. It is.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for joining us, and we are going to have you back, even just to talk about a movie or not in because there's a ton of stories we still want to ask.
Speaker 4: So yes, we can go get coffee.
Speaker 2: We'll figure it out. Thank you so.
Speaker 3: Much, Thank you great.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's another one of there's so many people we have on the show that I feel like we just get to scratch the surface of the stories, and I have nine hundred other questions I want to ask.
Speaker 3: I know, I was not ready to talk about Bubble.
Speaker 2: No, I know. No, it's like we can't move on from friends. I've got so many questions.
Speaker 5: There's so many, and she was just so great and I wanted to, you know, I mean gosh, to be able to say like it wasn't like she just like guest starred on the show.
Speaker 3: No, she was a cas was a huge part of that show.
Speaker 2: But she also as a television fanatic.
Speaker 1: She's throwing out names of shows that mean someone where she's like, oh, twenty one Jumpsry, Oh yes, got back you on Quantum Leap. I'm like, oh my god, you're on twenty one Jump Street and Quantum Leap and Herman's Head and friends and cheers, and it's like, oh my god, you've got to be kidding me. With the number of sets you walked on.
Speaker 2: She was there for all the like all the best shows in the history.
Speaker 5: Of television, and relatively if she like didn't really start getting into shows until after high school, like you know what I mean, like college, she has this huge resume and she didn't start when she was like a little kid.
Speaker 3: She started well into her like adult life.
Speaker 2: They would have kicked her out of school if she got a job. That's insane.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 3: I cannot believe that insane.
Speaker 1: At UCLA, which is like the biggest now, the biggest program you can get into for acting in any way, shape or form, it's like, if you get a job, you're out.
Speaker 5: I wonder what's still like could that possibly couldn't be still.
Speaker 2: Rule, couldn't be. I don't see how that's even possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's just wild, that's literally wild.
Speaker 2: Because well, we'll have her back.
Speaker 3: We'll have her back to ask her amazing way.
Speaker 2: She also looks the same, She just freaking looks.
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna have to carry on that husband thing for some of my friends.
Speaker 2: That a husband. That's the best best thing I've ever heard. He was my wife, not rude, but like also like it's awesome. It perfectly says it. It's my husband, my husband.
Speaker 3: Oh man, what a great interview. How you know what, Tara, you freaking kill it. Thank you so much for our interviews are unreal. I love it.
Speaker 1: Well, Thank you everybody so much for joining us, and thank you Jane for joining us. This has been an awesome, awesome conversation, which just man, We've got the best.
Speaker 2: Way to spend forty five minutes, don't we.
Speaker 1: So join us next time over on the other feed where we're gonna be. I think the next one we're watching is the gambling movie. I don't even remember the name of the gambling movie that we're doing. Nineteen eighty Seven's Magical World of Disney. Hey, gamble, let's gamble.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding. It's called you ruined my life, so thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Join us next time when we review that film, I am saying nothing about it because I know nothing about it.
Speaker 2: Could be amazing, it could be a waste of your time. I have no idea. Thank you everybody for joining us, and we'll see you next time. Bye bye,