Speaker 1: Welcome to the Second Day podcast. We're so glad you're here, especially on a lovely Friday.
Speaker 2: Happier than the other two girls that you're here.
Speaker 3: So you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Definitely in computation, Jose, So you know, listen, I am so curious to see if people think this hack that one of our listeners had for meeting a guy who's put together would.
Speaker 3: Work, would work? Yeah, it's logical, for sure. It doesn't work. It does it work? Okay, you got to test it out for us and let us know in the comments. What do you see in that you're liking in the comments right now? Alexis Yeah.
Speaker 4: Megan Weber said, I'm moving houses and classrooms right now. These second dates have been my favorite while I pack an unpacked Yeah, moving houses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, classrooms. I'm guessing she's a teacher.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't confuse the couch in the.
Speaker 4: Classroom, right, that'd be nice for the students. Actually, seriously, we got wine cart bar.
Speaker 3: You gotta watch for that. That one could. All right, here's your second day it starts now.
Speaker 5: Second date up date.
Speaker 6: Meeting a good single guy is like finding an open parking space at Costco on a Saturday.
Speaker 5: They exist.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't believe that you got to be aggressive.
Speaker 6: Yes, got to be aggressive and get kind of lucky with it, or you could be like Brook and parking the rear blocking the fire lane next to the road of dumpsters and just call it a day.
Speaker 3: I didn't block the handicapped parking spot. So that's how.
Speaker 5: Thoughtful point is.
Speaker 6: Finding good men not easy, and that's why our listener Laura says she had to find a strategy to help her find a decent dude, and apparently she came up with one. So Laura, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 1: Is it bad that I'm hoping that your strategy also helps me in the Costco parking.
Speaker 8: Lot at all?
Speaker 6: Tell us about this guy that you met and the strategy that you used to find him.
Speaker 8: So first, let me start by saying, and I'm sure everyone can relate to this, that I have met so many people that were duds on both both on the app and in person. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The problem is is we think we're catches. Us are awful. Yeah, it's not true.
Speaker 3: Just a dodge.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, okay, So a while back, I was listening to this podcast and this girl was giving some really fabulous dating advice?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Was it a Lexus on Our Brook and Jeffery?
Speaker 5: Why what did she say?
Speaker 8: Well, she said that women are in general having a hard time finding a guy that's well put together. Like you can meet a guy and he'll be great at first, and then everything just goes south really really quickly, which is different.
Speaker 5: Than women who are perfect right away.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, no, it's a two way street. I'll admit it's a two way street.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So what was the solution?
Speaker 8: Okay, so you're gonna love this girl to go to the gym at nine am on a Saturday, and the reason being because most guys who are, let's just be polite and say not put together would never be at the gym at nine am on a Saturday because they were probably out partying the night before.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not just on a Saturday early like ever, I'm not going to the gym.
Speaker 5: Yeah I'm done.
Speaker 2: But that's actually a decent strategy.
Speaker 5: But you don't agree.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I get it. Yeah, sure, I get it. But I think even earlier than that. Yeah, busy at nine you.
Speaker 2: Have a body who literally works out to get rid of his hangover.
Speaker 3: Sweat.
Speaker 6: Okay, I get the idea, though, you want to go at a time when like all the party guys are supposedly it's too early for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or if they are people who party, they can manage it. You know, they still work out the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's perseverance right there. What's the talent?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 5: At the gym at nine am on a.
Speaker 8: Saturday, Shockingly, a lot of really cute, well put together meg okay, Jack.
Speaker 1: Putt okay, Yeah, So did you have your pick or what I had my pick?
Speaker 8: I got like all decked out and I put on my favorite Lululemons and I got like all up in there.
Speaker 5: Okay. So who did you meet?
Speaker 8: I met a guy named Franklin.
Speaker 3: Franklin.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I'm not gonna I'm not gonna lie. I legit set myself as bait.
Speaker 5: How Yah, what did you do?
Speaker 8: Well? Like I said, I got all decked out, and you know, I kind of like alluded to the fact that I didn't know what I was doing, and so yeah, I'm ashamed to say it, but I did. And he came over and kind of helped me figure out how to use the machine that I was working on. Yeah, it worked out We had a nice little conversation and eventually he asked me out, oh it works.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm still picturing you guys at the machine, like did he come up behind you and like help you push the levers?
Speaker 7: All?
Speaker 8: This is not porn, hob take it easy over there.
Speaker 5: That picture more like ghosts like with the pottery.
Speaker 7: Go ahead.
Speaker 8: Yeah. No, I just kind of was like, I can't lift these giant plates. Can you help mecha?
Speaker 3: I need a big strong man to help me rescue me.
Speaker 5: So was the gym your date or did you guys like go out for real?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: We went out. He took me to dinner at Nobu.
Speaker 5: Whoa I know, I know, and.
Speaker 8: I had never been there, so I was really excited he suggested it and I was like, wow, you know that's a little expensive.
Speaker 3: But did you say that Like.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was like, whoa Nobu? Okay, first date, that's like setting your bar really high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 5: So how was it?
Speaker 8: It was amazing. We had a really good time. We really connected. We tried some new sushi together, which is always an interesting conversation piece at least.
Speaker 2: Had before.
Speaker 6: Yeah, did you play the damsel in distress again and be like, oh, I don't know how to use these chopsticks.
Speaker 5: I wish a big strong man could come over here and show me that.
Speaker 8: I actually had a friend that was Japanese who told me that they don't use chopsticks, that they actually use their fingers. So when I eat sushi, I eat my hands.
Speaker 5: That's a look.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's true or not, but I think it's really funny if your friend was truly new.
Speaker 2: An idiot, just double fisted and sushi on the table.
Speaker 5: All right, so you had some hand sushi. That's nice hand sushi.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then I mean they call them hand rolls, right, yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: What about the connection with Franklin?
Speaker 8: No, we really did connect and we were talking like future, which was was kind of like I was kind of like, yeah, like we were talking about like traveling together and like going skydiving, and you're on the.
Speaker 3: Phone with us. There has to be something bad that happened in the night.
Speaker 5: Already. Sound someone that's this put together.
Speaker 4: That's it's getting weird now.
Speaker 5: It's like serial killer. Nobody's this charming and put anything.
Speaker 7: I know. I know.
Speaker 5: Wow, all right, so how did you end it?
Speaker 8: We ended the night with a hug and I assumed that we'd go out again, of course, because we had such a great time. And I haven't heard from him in like two weeks. He just disappeared.
Speaker 3: Have you reached out to him or have you going to the gym?
Speaker 8: Okay? So I reached out to him just one time. I didn't want to see Meaty, and no, I never went back to the gym on the Saturday morning. So I'm actually thinking it could be that because maybe he thinks that I just went to the gym, like I set my own trap, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I don't think that guys put that much thought into where they made.
Speaker 7: They care.
Speaker 8: I don't know if they care.
Speaker 6: H No, I'm not even gonna put very much thought into leaving this break. So let's come back and call this guy and do your second date update right after.
Speaker 5: This next second date update.
Speaker 6: Who knew nine am on Saturday was prime time for available hobbies at the gym?
Speaker 3: Everybody knows. No, it's going to be slimmed.
Speaker 6: Our listener Laura knew because she heard about it on a podcast, So she went to check it out, and that's where she met Hunky and respect Franklin. He showed her how to lift a five pound dumbbell. She showed him how to eat sushi with your hands at NOBU.
Speaker 2: It is the traditional way.
Speaker 6: Jem apparently seemed like a match made in heaven. But Franklin has now gone two weeks without setting up another date. So either that finger sushi hit real wrong or something else is going on, so do not call.
Speaker 3: It finger sushi.
Speaker 2: Sushi hit good.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just see the chip of a thumb or something. It's hitting a.
Speaker 7: Brook.
Speaker 5: What do you think is going on?
Speaker 1: I know, I mean dating's just so hard, and people have so many options, and life is so busy.
Speaker 3: It's just it could not be you.
Speaker 2: At all, could be literally anything.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean everything you describe sounded perfect, okay, but hand sushi.
Speaker 3: Did you explain why you were eating with your hands?
Speaker 5: You know, just do it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, of course, all right.
Speaker 5: Alexis thinks that the issue is the hand sushi thing. That is kind of gross.
Speaker 3: If someone, just Alexis, doesn't know how to eat sushi.
Speaker 6: And you weren't feeding each other sushi with your hands, right, it was your own hands.
Speaker 3: I think that sounds fun.
Speaker 6: That's how you get banned from nob forever. But let's call Franklin. Here, Let's call Franklin and see if he has some answers for us.
Speaker 5: Hopefully he picks up and I'm.
Speaker 8: Downing it right now, thank you?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 5: Hold on, hello, Hey, is this Franklin?
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, who's speaking?
Speaker 3: Man? I knew he didn't answer and be put together right now?
Speaker 5: He does not put together.
Speaker 6: My name is jeff and you're actually on a radio show right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning Morning.
Speaker 7: Why am I on a radio show right now? What's going on?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 6: One of our listeners asked us to reach out to you because she had a great time getting sushi the other day.
Speaker 5: Her name is Laura.
Speaker 7: Oh god, Laura. She is.
Speaker 8: Such a fun show.
Speaker 5: So you liked her? It sounds I like it.
Speaker 3: I like, let's let's sake that.
Speaker 7: God.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Laura, Is that how you meant it? Franklin?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I normally don't misread people.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is so crazy, Like what a disconnect between how she described you and your reaction.
Speaker 2: She loved the date?
Speaker 7: All right? Yeah, So is that is that all you need to ask me about? Well?
Speaker 5: No, we uh so there's more to this.
Speaker 6: We're doing a segment called the second date update, because Laura really wants to hang out again with you, and she's a little bit confused about why that hasn't happened in the two weeks since you went to Nobu together.
Speaker 7: Oh. Yeah, I don't I don't know, man, I'm I'm not sure if I'm really capable of dating her.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 5: Okay, what does that mean? What do you mean?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know if I can keep up with her lifestyle because she seems high maintenance, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I thought you were kind of a high maintenance one taking trying to get on your roster.
Speaker 7: Even so, hold on, slow, slow down, guys, we're that was her idea, not mine.
Speaker 1: What she told us, it was your idea, and she was like, no, let's not do that.
Speaker 3: It's too expensive.
Speaker 7: No, no, no. We were kind of tossing ideas back and forth about where to go, and I think she's the one that actually suggested no, but not me.
Speaker 5: But all right, but you.
Speaker 3: Agreed to it, I mean different place.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I didn't want to seem too difficult, so I just kind of went with it, and I honestly didn't realize what I was getting it too. No.
Speaker 5: Oh, God, you didn't You didn't know.
Speaker 3: You didn't know.
Speaker 1: Nobody's like this high end, super expensive restaurant.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I'm a Chick fil a kind of guy.
Speaker 6: Like, well, I mean what one tier below? It's pretty close.
Speaker 3: The only time I've been is with my agent, Like.
Speaker 5: Right, okay, yeah, so did you pay the bit? Like how much? Can we ask how much?
Speaker 7: Was yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Instead of a nice little Chick fil a forty dollars day, being like four hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I feel bad for you, dude.
Speaker 1: I think she knew okay, but honestly, like she thought that you were up for it, like she thought she played it as your choice.
Speaker 5: She was impressed because you were in it together.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not quite. It was definitely her suggestion, and that gives me that whole idea that she's expecting this pretty frequently. And then she started talking about expensive things like skydiving and hang gliding and had my head spinning. There's no way I can afford this girl, Okay, Can.
Speaker 3: People talk about fun things that are expensively?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I feel like this has been a little bit of a miscommunication, a misunderstanding because we didn't get that impression from her and you can actually ask her yourself, Franklin, because Laura has been waiting on the other line wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Oh gosh, you got to set up. Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's international phone call charging.
Speaker 1: The good news is usually really wealthy people don't call our show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know stands.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Laura talked to Franklin.
Speaker 8: Hey, Franklin, Laura, what are you?
Speaker 7: What are you doing put me on this radio show? Like, what's going on? You putting on blast?
Speaker 8: What are you doing being a typical jerk and disappearing and not texting me back and letting me know what's going on?
Speaker 2: What the heck? Where did that come from?
Speaker 3: She's mad?
Speaker 8: Well two weeks I thought we had a really good time. And by the way, guys, nobu was not my suggestion. It was his he it was yours.
Speaker 3: He didn't even know what it was. How could he suggest it?
Speaker 8: Like, yeah, maybe maybe I brought it up, but he agreed to it.
Speaker 5: It was well, Franklin, you did mess up there, so y'at.
Speaker 7: Admit that or I didn't want to be difficult or anything, all right. I just kind of went with the idea and I thought sure, And I had never been to Nobu, so I had I had no idea what was going on.
Speaker 2: He didn't know he was signing up.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you feel like some empathy towards him?
Speaker 8: Now? He probably he probably googled a coupon for Nobu before we went.
Speaker 7: Out, now that I'm hearing all this, Listen, I looked for a coupon, but doesn't mean you did.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, there's nothing wrong with going to on a first date. Sorry, agreed, No.
Speaker 6: But you hear what he's saying, right, Like he thinks that you are like probably wanting too much money out of him, and like.
Speaker 8: I'm not looking to take his money. I make money too. It's not about that. There's nothing wrong with living extravagantly.
Speaker 3: Totally. I think Jeffrey explained it wrong. He just thinks that maybe.
Speaker 1: Your lifestyle and his lifestyle don't meet up in the budget world.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, I mean I didn't. I didn't realize he was just cheap. I mean the theater.
Speaker 5: What'd you say?
Speaker 8: I said? I realized he was this cheap. He probably brings his own popcorn to the dollar theater.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, a dollar theater.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right.
Speaker 7: Well, now we're getting I didn't know you were this rude. The theory turn off every time you start talking.
Speaker 8: Oh, I didn't even get it. It's not about rude. If we were just talking about the future and I thought you were on board, it seems like you were agreeing with everything with me, So obviously you're not being your authentic stuff on dates. Wow, Okay, you probably asked charity if they have a happy hour special or something.
Speaker 7: God, no, wonder you were single.
Speaker 5: Franklin, he's gone, he's gone.
Speaker 8: He growed you too, all right.
Speaker 6: Frank all right, Well Franklin decided he didn't want to be a part of this.
Speaker 5: Anymorehill poor guy.
Speaker 2: Literally.
Speaker 5: Oh man, Just for.
Speaker 1: The record, it's not bad to bring your own popcorn into a movie theater.
Speaker 8: It's I've definitely been there.
Speaker 5: I think we all agree with that.
Speaker 6: But the fact that it's a dollar theater, I mean, how expensive could the popcorn be?
Speaker 8: Honestly, it's not that it's expensive. It's usually just stale. But that's beside the point.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, popcorn?
Speaker 3: Well, I guess no more gym at nine am.
Speaker 6: Huh yeah, no, all right, Well we don't even get a chance to ask for another day.
Speaker 5: But yeah, you scared him off pretty quickly.
Speaker 4: You should find a more exclusive Jim Richard.
Speaker 8: Maybe I can go a date with one of you.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm always instinkly.
Speaker 3: I thought you wanted somebody who was rich.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, no, Jeffrey.
Speaker 6: In the morning, there's a lot of texts coming in at seven eight, five, nine two from our listeners asking.
Speaker 5: What is Nobu? Oh yeah, misspelled multiple ways.
Speaker 3: That does that hurt your little privileged heart? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Those are listeners, but that's why we love them.
Speaker 6: By the way, if you don't know, google Nobu n O b U sushi restaurant, very very high end.
Speaker 1: It's actually a chain though, which is a funny to me, but it is like so expensive.
Speaker 2: And sushi for people that want to pay triple. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I've never been there, but I know.
Speaker 6: Brookes sends pictures of herself dining there to her sponsored children in third world countries, saying, Hi.
Speaker 5: And Dari, I met Nobu again, third time this week. Sorry to hear your dad lost his fishing job and has to go back to the cannery. I'll text you next week.
Speaker 1: All right, Broke starting to believe that this stuff is actually real.
Speaker 3: Josh, Yeah, he.
Speaker 6: May s have some class a little bit. Brooke, we even played the most evil woman in the world. So unsuccessful second date, we are going to try again tomorrow, though with a new couple. Make sure you email the show if you want some help with your love life. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brooke and Jeffrey