Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey and this is the second Date Update podcast, so thank you so much for being here. This is the official one too. All right, yes, and we can all verify it's us.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at Brooke and Alexis right now.
Speaker 1: Tell me something that no one else knows about you, Jose, to make sure it's actually you. I I know I only the real Hose can say that. And today I'll just say that the couple that went out met in the most unusual pleasant place ever, No, maybe least pleasant of all time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I smell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a wild story that I know you're going to enjoy. Let's start with some comments though less. Yeah, this one's cool.
Speaker 3: Kobe said, you've got a listener in Thailand.
Speaker 1: We love you guys so much. The t I crave Daily is finally filmed. Awesome.
Speaker 2: I love that we get a little ty tea out there.
Speaker 1: Saw what he call? That's how you say hello. I want to trust you on that. Fact check it.
Speaker 2: But can I come and visit? Will you put us up in your house?
Speaker 1: And you know what I love? In Tie, you say five is pronounced huh. So when something's funny in Tie, people write five five five five five, that's.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, thanks for being here, thanks for listening, and let's get this second date started, so bad.
Speaker 2: Second date up date.
Speaker 4: I feel like we hear this a lot from our male listeners telling us about how hard it is to be a dude on the dating apps because you can match with forty women, send out forty messages and never hear a word back from.
Speaker 2: Any of that.
Speaker 1: I mean, how many times can you write suck girl and nobody? That is so disappointing, Jeff.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of letters to type, or do what I do.
Speaker 1: And send a bunch of games to be super fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Obviously it's easy to blame Brook for this because we all know if she was still single and on the dating apps, she'd be messaging back every dude who even glanced at her profile.
Speaker 1: I've been honest to God, would not have had time for a full time job if the dating apps had been around when I was single.
Speaker 4: Because she is a charity dater and a generous that is correct. Apparently there's another option out there for single men to consider that's even better than the apps, and that's where our listener Caleb is at right now.
Speaker 2: So Caleb, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Wait, like is as in it's a physical place?
Speaker 2: Not really sure.
Speaker 4: He just said he found another option, an alternative to the dating apps that he likes even better. So, Caleb, I really am interested to find out what you're doing right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, a little bit of backstory is I started off on dating apps, and yeah, it is a real challenge for guys. I heard like one percent of guys maps with anybody.
Speaker 1: What only one percent of men get matches?
Speaker 2: Wow, it's higher than I would have thought. So it's still.
Speaker 1: That's pretty wild if it's true.
Speaker 3: Whether or not it is true, I have to that's my experience. So I realized, Okay, I just got to get out in the real world. Okay, So a couple of weeks ago, I found this TV on craig List. Looked like it was in a really good shape.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I bought it and you bought a.
Speaker 3: TV yep, needed to be cleaned up. Took it home. Turned out it was an Arby's Digital Menuh.
Speaker 2: I've seen this happen.
Speaker 1: Wait what, I don't get it.
Speaker 4: So, you know when they print like the when you go into an Arby's, and the menu is on a flat screen.
Speaker 3: After like six years, they just sell them and they get rid of them because they're old.
Speaker 1: They're not actually TV screens. They're like they can only show the RB's menus.
Speaker 2: Oh they look like an RB's menu.
Speaker 1: It's so no matter what you're watching, you can still kind of see the outline of the.
Speaker 4: Over the top of it, and you still smell the RBS that seeped into the like electronic guy, I just want to number two.
Speaker 2: So bad right now?
Speaker 1: Armies need screensavers, No, but most of us like J Box. That makes sense. So you actually now you're watching Arby's.
Speaker 3: The heck I am. I tried to contacting the guy again because I wanted to get my money back. He completely blocked me. Of course. Yeah, so I was so pissed I decided to take this thing. I didn't even want to send it on the curb. Actually took it to the dump what belonged?
Speaker 2: Okay, kay?
Speaker 3: While it was there, it turns out there's this lovely young woman right there who is well shut out.
Speaker 1: Your big hack is to meet women at the dock.
Speaker 3: Look at you can't argue with results?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, it's a good dating hack.
Speaker 4: I guess meeting women. I'm assuming she's just visiting the dump, but she doesn't live there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a order.
Speaker 1: No, she was quite lovely, good Okay, how do you strike up a conversation with her?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: Nice garbage?
Speaker 3: Actually, she asked me, why are you throwing away his brand new television?
Speaker 2: Flats dud?
Speaker 1: When my mom goes to the dump, she often brings stuff home.
Speaker 3: For all. People love it.
Speaker 2: People like literally go her and good free stuff. Okay, so you like gave her your old TV.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I wasn't gonna let anybody have that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Once she asked about it, that was my opening to tell her the story. Yes, she thought was just completely hilarious.
Speaker 1: Oh did you love a woman who will laugh at your pain?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: She also needed some help, so then I started helping her at theater trucks and we ended up just really connected. So I got her number.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm the only date because then you were being used.
Speaker 5: Date?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, not at all. No, No, I've got her number and I called her after So that would have been.
Speaker 1: Funny, would be?
Speaker 3: Well? If we went to Arby's, ilda known exactly what I wanted.
Speaker 2: Where'd you go.
Speaker 3: We went out to pour a couple of drinks and oh my gosh, she is so cool. Uh yeah, she's no basically the first person I met in real life and like the last decade.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you mean that you can go out with like you've come in contact with other humans.
Speaker 2: Sounds like you have a.
Speaker 1: Roomful of dolls and so you had time.
Speaker 3: Oh we did. Oh my goodness, she cleaned up so nice.
Speaker 1: I mean, I will say, if you're attracted to a woman in her dump attire, you're gonna find her hot, like hot hot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds like it's the first woman that he's like spoken to in ten years.
Speaker 2: So it does.
Speaker 1: Sound like the hermit that it's a pretty low.
Speaker 3: Bar you can say. Oh you want. All I'm gonna say is I was at the dump getting rid of something and I managed to get a cute woman's phone number. So okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you thought that there would be another hangout when you guys were done with drinks and everything.
Speaker 3: I really thought. So, I mean, it's not like the craiglist guy who just completely blocked me. You know, she's still responding. I just need you guys to help me out and seeing if she's willing to go out with me again. It doesn't seem like it.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, yeah, we want to step in and help you out.
Speaker 2: We'll come back.
Speaker 4: We're gonna call this garbage gal and see if we can get her to agree Landscale Queen, whatever it is, well, hopefully get her to answer and get you a second date update.
Speaker 2: Right after this thank.
Speaker 6: You date update, you know, Caleb was just on with us telling us how hard of a time he's been having matching online with women in his area and if the.
Speaker 4: Call doesn't go well today, I do have an alternative option for him. Oh you do, because I saw a news article where South Korea is offering foreign men thirty six thousand dollars cash to move there and marry a local woman.
Speaker 1: The money, do you only get the money after the.
Speaker 4: Marriage or well the money plus they'll give you all the used RBTV screens that you can handle. And dude, South Korean Arby's are the best.
Speaker 1: I actually believe that barbecue. Yeah, oh my god, that sounds so good.
Speaker 4: But before Caleb considers moving continents, he did meet a woman here in real life, and Brookie, you're probably the best person to say how it happened since your parents conceived you at the dump?
Speaker 2: So tell his story.
Speaker 1: Did we call that the do for where I'm from? Its lie? No, they met at the dump. That's kind of the end of the story there. What did you want me to add to it?
Speaker 2: You mean you romanticized it so well, Brooke? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean she was hauling stuff, he was hauling stuff. They're both throwing things into the big pile.
Speaker 4: The bottom line is he was able to turn that meat up into a first date officially, but after that she's been kind of avoidant.
Speaker 2: And Caleb, did we miss anything?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: Was that romantic enough for you?
Speaker 3: I felt like it was a little more romantic, but yeah you okay?
Speaker 1: Did you reach over and take the smudge dirt off of her face?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wait a second, that's not dirt. Oh no, this is getting more romantic. Yeah, let's just call Rebecca for you keep going. Yeah, because we could go all day with this. I'm is going to dial your.
Speaker 3: Number right now, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Okay, shut up and let me talk. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Rebecca?
Speaker 7: I yes?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 4: Uh, my name is jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: I got it done there.
Speaker 7: Oh I don't know, but that sounds okay. I guess.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's exactly the best description of.
Speaker 1: OCCA the whole show.
Speaker 2: Good morning. We've all been wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Well, I just don't like to be on public radio.
Speaker 4: But you know this isn't public radio. Brook listens to that trash.
Speaker 1: Definitely commercial radio.
Speaker 7: Yea.
Speaker 4: We're doing a segment here, Rebecca is called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners reconnect with you after you've gone out once before.
Speaker 2: His name is Caleb.
Speaker 7: Uh Caleb, Yes, Yes.
Speaker 1: I'm dying to hear your like meet cute story.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm pretty sure we know the story, Brooke, because I.
Speaker 1: Know we know the story, but I want to hear what she thought when she saw him and the dump, Like that's so unexpected.
Speaker 7: I actually really liked him. He seems so interesting and.
Speaker 1: Okay when you're at the Dumper, when you guys were at drinks, he was so interesting.
Speaker 8: Like both places at the dump me, he seems interesting and I was like, I don't really go out with men that I meet at the dump.
Speaker 7: Sit.
Speaker 2: Well that's refreshing, Thank god. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I bet there's a lot of them though.
Speaker 4: But let's let's just back things up for you, Rebecca, because here's what we know from Caleb. He told us the story and said, you two met at the dump, you had a connection there, talked about use TVs and whatnot, and then he ended up asking you out and you went out for drinks and had a nice time together.
Speaker 7: Yeah we did, okay, He.
Speaker 1: Said he was so impressed with how cool you were. Like, I thought that was a really nice compliment.
Speaker 7: That is really nice, and like I was like that at first too. I totally was.
Speaker 4: Okay, So clearly something has changed, at least on your end since your meetup. Could you maybe help us understand what that would be so we could pass the information to him because he's totally confused.
Speaker 7: So after my date was Caleb the next day and went on the dating app and guess who I see? I see Caleb?
Speaker 2: Guess oh, okay, his profile came up.
Speaker 1: What that's weird? I feel like you just matched and you're like, hey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if anything, it could be a sign that he popped.
Speaker 2: Up for you.
Speaker 1: Even the algorithm wants you to be together, right, true?
Speaker 7: Guys, Yeah, I thought It was so great because then I would be able to find out more about him. Yeah, I just kept on reading about him and reading more and moren't And the more I read about him, it's just like the more boring he seems like. He just doesn't.
Speaker 1: Boring answers, you.
Speaker 7: Know, the branded answers like I go to the gym I love.
Speaker 1: Think, like, why would that matter?
Speaker 4: I said, You've already gone out with him. You know what he's like in real life.
Speaker 1: So and it also explains why he was having such a hard time on the dating apps. He has a terrible profile. Yeah, I don't watch anyone that's serious answers.
Speaker 3: My profile is not horrible.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, Well Caleb was supposed to wait, but I guess I need to tell you, Rebecca that that's Caleb on the other line.
Speaker 2: He's been listening to this conversation.
Speaker 1: What a not boring thing to do?
Speaker 2: He's a.
Speaker 7: Wow, you know, sorry, I'm still I don't understand.
Speaker 3: How are you worried about my profile when we went out on like one and a half each. That doesn't make any sense. I don't I'm not sure I understand what's going on here.
Speaker 7: Your boring profile. It just stuck with me.
Speaker 1: What was the most boring part of it?
Speaker 2: We probably shouldn't recap it. I don't think we want to bring it back up.
Speaker 7: Kid, so branded, it was like the same thing, like that guy's the week, Oh I go to the gym.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think that's like the generic thing that people just want to like be mass appeal.
Speaker 3: Just hot. Hey guys, I'm still here. Everyone's talking about my crappy profile.
Speaker 1: I I don't think you should take offense to it, Like my husband has, like this one really cute guy friend and his dating profile makes him look like a total loser, but in real life he's awesome, And maybe that's you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean I've heard of people like not wanting to go out before the date because of a burn profile, but not after. You should know him by this point, Rebecca, Like you've hung out with him?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Were you bored when you hung out? No, that's funny, you see what that's funny?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see the disconnect, right, you know.
Speaker 7: It's just the last thing that stuck with me.
Speaker 4: It really, it's burned in like the RB's menu on that TV screen.
Speaker 2: Just can't get rid of it. You're perfect for each other if you.
Speaker 3: Don't even know it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean we need to step back where I think we're jumping in too much. Let's re establish the connection that you two had with each other. Caleb talked to Rebecca and light that spark back up.
Speaker 3: Rebecca, this is so backwards for the way this kind of thing always happened. We met in person, we were together, we had a great time together both times that we saw each other, and then the last thing you did was see my profile and decide you don't want to see me. Come on, sweetie, come one.
Speaker 4: Oh God, did you say sweetie a lot inside of your profile. I'm looking for my sweetie side. All right, we're running out of time here, so at this point I just have to offer Rebecca, we'll send you out one more time with Caleb and we'll pay for the date.
Speaker 1: God, I'm having such a hard time.
Speaker 4: Just don't look at his profile before you answer. Just go off of what's in your heart right now.
Speaker 7: I can't get over it. I just can't.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Is so funny?
Speaker 3: The dating apps screw me. I didn't even meet you want the dating app?
Speaker 5: You need to go delete that profile the dump from now, But don't forget south Korea wants you six thousand dollars start a family over there.
Speaker 1: Tag us in your pictures of Arby's in South Korea because I want to see what they have on the menu.
Speaker 3: You know, I know you guys are joking, but I am seriously considering it.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey in the morning, how many people do you think heard this and went right onto their dating profiles and started making alterations to sound less boring?
Speaker 1: Caused it took it all.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you make it sound sexier. I don't work out. I'm a professional calorie and sineraidor.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, that would be more attractive.
Speaker 2: I already said that on my bio. It's called foodies. I do know say big foodie.
Speaker 4: I mean, who would have thought to me, cute at a city dump would not work out?
Speaker 1: I actually did. I actually thought that this was going to be a home run.
Speaker 9: Really yeah, dump, But now I want to go, oh fun, but the smell is overwhelmed? Why yeah, You're never gonna know what that person smells like until you get it out of that.
Speaker 4: That could work to your benefit, though. Maybe do like a little speed dating event at a city dump. Alexis organized walk you, I'll.
Speaker 1: Just take a trunk of my car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I get it. The dating world can feel like you're in a dump. So if you want some help getting pulled out of it, email the show. We'll call the person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and Jeffrey Brook
Speaker 1: And Jeffrey in the Morning,