Speaker 1: Get your hands together and we're going to stop and party start.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to party.
Speaker 3: The elvister Ran after party.
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think we should change our clothes. Though, what do you think we keep running the same thing every day?
Speaker 2: You know? I'm okay. I like this, Listen.
Speaker 5: I would have loved being in the military because, you know what, you don't have to think about we are aware every day.
Speaker 3: That's why I like my kids went to Catholic school for high school, and I was like, you know what, this makes it so much easier, not having to worry every single day what you have to put on, you have to put on, what everyone puts on. Really, Yeah, it's time to change your shirt because I've been noticing your car.
Speaker 6: I was going to say this, you've been coughing a lot this morning.
Speaker 2: I'm not sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's a chesty coughs.
Speaker 2: I heard it.
Speaker 3: I watch it all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, GM, I'll keep an eye. I'll keep an eye on Nate as the executive producer. Can I implore you to implement a dress code?
Speaker 2: You know we get that one time ball gowns.
Speaker 3: On Tuesday?
Speaker 5: We actually did, didn't we do dress up like it's a business office.
Speaker 2: One day we did it and Alas goes, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 6: No, I was singing like we could all have matching like Elvis Durant in the Morning Show, hoodies and sweatpants. I love that day and on brand. I feel like it would be really.
Speaker 4: Good for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Andrew, I think we have some leftover credit somewhere. Maybe we can make a uniform great.
Speaker 6: And you know what we do want? We could all pick like a different color than with the color schemes. Someone got black, someone have white, pink. We could do this.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: I'm a fan like l It's a little culty, but I like it.
Speaker 6: Slowly moving.
Speaker 2: The first step. Okay, So what question do you have for us to argue about today?
Speaker 4: Okay? I have some good ones. I got to pick which one I want. Okay, I'm gonna go with this one. What's a cultural rule that you decided doesn't apply to you anymore? And I know mine? And I again, yeah, okay, I and I've said this before. Do not go to another country and try and speak with an accent. Do not try and learn the words, do not try and assimilate you are.
Speaker 6: Like you're a monster.
Speaker 4: When people are in New York and they ask me for directions, just ask me where it is. I'm not judging you for not being able to assimilate. I think there is a disrespectful way to do it, and I am not being disrespectful. But I also know that if I'm going to Japan, I can't speak Japanese. If I when I was just in Greece, I can't speak Greek, I will never know Greek. So I will just exactly so, I will just try my best and be very nice and respectful, the same way that if they.
Speaker 6: Were New York not trying it all.
Speaker 4: Andrew okay, but me going yeas, No, they don't know.
Speaker 3: But if that's amount of times they think like you are like You're like, you're not.
Speaker 6: French, don't I have?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: But on French specifically, so before I travel to countries, I will try to watch a video to just brief me. I'm like, what do I need to know about this country? And specifically with French people, they said, always make an effort, learn a couple words, even if you don't say it correctly. Make an effort, Because how do we feel as Americans when someone comes up to you, and they just start speaking a different language. You're like, why would I know that that's weird to do so, to not even try in another country?
Speaker 4: Andrew, what, I agree. I don't think there's much that I'm doing that's gonna make it better. I don't speak the language. I'm gonna look and be very nice and kind.
Speaker 7: Thank you, please, hello, And I also know what you're saying, so I will always learn the phrase, hey, hello, I don't.
Speaker 5: Speak your language, do you speaking so? In France it would be junipa francie, I don't speak French. Do you speak English? And then they will always say yes, And then I'm fine, yeah, but I do make an effort one praise.
Speaker 4: Just try again, A nice little smile and a nod and a point pointing works.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you're an ugly American that gives us all a bad names.
Speaker 4: Again when they're here. I don't judge anybody who's a tourist. It's very simple. And then you just keep going along your way, okay.
Speaker 6: But if someone comes up to you and starts speaking to you in Japanese, you're gonna look at them like, what, I don't even know what you're saying?
Speaker 4: Well, when you're in Japan. Fancy you're to help.
Speaker 6: I'm from Japan. I don't speak English. Do you speak Japanese? You'd be like, oh no.
Speaker 4: Or I pull my little Google translator and say, speak.
Speaker 2: Into this to Japan. Did you learn any Japanese?
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Who you?
Speaker 4: So no, I know some of the basics, but a lot of them sound like American words, like fork is just folk and spoon is just.
Speaker 3: They say in New York.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's those are some of the words I know. Also, arigato goze mas that's like thank you so very much. So I know that one.
Speaker 6: I think that's important. I think it's it's important to just make a little effort, just a little eff I.
Speaker 2: Agree with you for the most part.
Speaker 4: You're not blending in.
Speaker 6: But don't but don't like, you know, be disrespectful about it.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm probably not going to ever bow, you know.
Speaker 4: Wait, so that's the cultural role that you don't want to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I refuse to bow in Japan.
Speaker 4: But that's like the version of a handshake. That's like the version of a handshake.
Speaker 1: So why can't I just hands?
Speaker 4: So this is where I think we're different. I just want to make that very clear. I will.
Speaker 2: Bow. I don't misinterpreting your question. What was your question?
Speaker 4: It's what's a culturally a cultural rule you decided doesn't apply to you.
Speaker 1: Bowing because they could always just say, oh, like stupid American doesn't know any better. I feel weird bowing.
Speaker 6: You feel better with them being like stupid American? Doesn't you want about like, actually I want to respect the I want to respect that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So then let's am I supposed to eat.
Speaker 2: With my hands?
Speaker 1: Then, because you're supposed to eat with your hands, I want to I want to use chopsticks.
Speaker 6: I think in Japan they use chopsticks.
Speaker 2: My off. Nope, they eat sushi with their hands. Who cares?
Speaker 6: Didn't do that?
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you a lot of chopsticks? Was there twice?
Speaker 2: A third time?
Speaker 4: A lot of chopsticky sticks?
Speaker 2: I got one. I got one.
Speaker 3: So if I was ever to meet the royal family, I know you're not supposed to like touch them with their hands, I would have a very hard time without not hugging them. I would be I'm going for the immediately we got.
Speaker 2: To change with the times. They got these rules for like three hundred.
Speaker 3: Pretty sure, right, when the queen was alive, You're not. I don't think you were supposed to touch her ever alive.
Speaker 2: The king.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but i'd be like, hey, I'll tell you what while we're on the topic. And I'm when I was in Ireland, I had, you know, I went to the castle thing where they where the blonding stone is and I went right up to it and I didn't kiss it. I said, I'm not kissing this damn thing because it's a million lips have been on it, so I bypassed it. I said, I made my journey all the way to the top.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, I heard you're not supposed to kiss the lorney stone because locals pe on it every wreck.
Speaker 5: But everybody's kissing it. Andrew and I went the guys scrub it in between.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm like.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's okay, I'm not kissing this thing.
Speaker 4: But we also went like post COVID, so it feels like maybe some new rules were implemented. She's thinking out loud here.
Speaker 2: Interesting, what's your question again?
Speaker 4: What's a cultural rule you decided doesn't apply to you anymore?
Speaker 2: No, picking, I don't care. I have a bat in the cave. I'm going in there.
Speaker 5: I'm why should I be uncomfortable because I don't want to stick my I don't want you to see me stick my finger in my nose, Like if there's a bat in the cave, I gotta get that baby out.
Speaker 3: But could you please wash your hand after?
Speaker 2: Of course I want to wash my hand.
Speaker 6: Some people, when do you make direct eye contact with someone as you pick it?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: All right? Here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Mate, you got in there seriously like you've got a problem.
Speaker 7: You've got something in there you need to get.
Speaker 4: Just a booger? Did Like? I just picture boogers all over your apartment.
Speaker 6: And a jo station.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh god, have more than one use over there? Oh?
Speaker 6: I have one tipping on every single thing. Yes, I'm tired of standing up for that.
Speaker 4: Thank you, don't bow, don't bound me a.
Speaker 6: Pair of glasses. Why is the tip even an option? I'm just not sure, Like what what? They don't feel guilty?
Speaker 3: They have the swervel thing on this and they turn it around and they show you pick one, pick one iPad.
Speaker 6: Swivel y'all all, look them right in the eye and hit no tip? Are you crazy?
Speaker 5: I got a cup of coffee the other day the guy literally does this puts it in front of me and swivels the thing and it starts at twenty five percent for setting it for them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we need these employers and corporations to pay them more and not take it out of our pocket.
Speaker 4: That's a shake down.
Speaker 6: That's crazy. It is bad.
Speaker 4: I do tip. I feel bad. I do too, but some like, yeah, I just feel bad and I shouldn't. But I tip.
Speaker 1: You're talking about in other countries, right, because in other countries you're not supposed to.
Speaker 6: Talk about here right here.
Speaker 4: Automatic twenty and in other countries, well.
Speaker 6: I mean, like I'm not of glasses, no you want to you.
Speaker 1: But I'm talking about going to another country where it's customary to not tip. I still give a tip.
Speaker 2: Scary as concern. They know who he is and doesn't.
Speaker 4: Know everybody knows. Do you tip in foreign.
Speaker 1: I went to Yeah, I was in France, I was in Italy, and I was in Ireland in this past trip, and all.
Speaker 4: Three countries they don't include the tip. There, there is no tip.
Speaker 1: They don't expect the tip.
Speaker 4: But yet they see me as.
Speaker 1: An American and as an and I'm looking back at them and they're like, you're American.
Speaker 2: You tip, so they're expecting it.
Speaker 1: What you think they expect thinking from me because I'm American.
Speaker 4: You look at me, you will tip.
Speaker 1: This dude's American. We expect a tip from him because he doesn't know any better. He's not supposed to know any better.
Speaker 4: So me knowing that makes me tip scary, won't velvet.
Speaker 6: He'll hand you twenty, Give me a twenty.
Speaker 4: They're sitting with a wat of cash in the back and being like, this is great. You can come back every day. Friendster ran after party