Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Steneveek along with Carol Master. We're joined by Bloomberg News Equities reporter Avalon Prenell.
Speaker 4: Save us, Well, I'm not sure about saving you, guys, but I can definitely start off with Brown Foreman Sticker VF slash B. It jumped nearly thirteen percent into the close today for its biggest one day gain since twenty twenty, and that's after The Wall Street Journal reported that it's potentially open to a merging with Sazarek. That's a privately owned alcohol spirits maker. And yeah, we've been seeing a lot of news in this area, especially last month. Bloomberg also reported that Prone Recard was also interested in potentially acquiring the maker of Jack Daniels, but still unclear which direct they're going to glean.
Speaker 1: See actually pointed at me for Jack Daniels.
Speaker 3: No, because I'm going back looking at let the trading history all the way back to nineteen eighty eight, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. You got Avalon got me thinking go ahead, Oh I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Oh no.
Speaker 4: I thought it was also interesting that TD actually had a note saying that they would not be surprised to see other alcohol makers throwing their hats in a ring as well.
Speaker 1: I was just going to say, all of a sudden, they're getting very popular, and you really saw that stock move higher.
Speaker 3: Well, this company hit an all time high on New Year's Eve twenty twenty. Kind of cool that it hit all time highs on news of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: People were buying a lot of downs. Remember that was oh yeah, not a happy time.
Speaker 3: It's down least fifty eight percent since then. But I also did getting beat up.
Speaker 1: But I also think, like pandemic levels of so much stuff was not the norm, and we own that with streaming, like so many things have done a reset.
Speaker 3: So but it was reset before this the most recent interest from outside partners, it was at twenty fourteen levels. Okay, like it was, it was. It was not only there at that from the pandemic. It was like, you know, go back more.
Speaker 1: Than a decade, Like you people aren't drinking.
Speaker 3: That's that's the Are you a drinker? No prop and we are the problem a unfortunately live a little.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: I know, you know, it's real. It's real.
Speaker 3: You go around our office and it's like, I know, I know, And we have an alcohol guest tomorrow. What am I going to do?
Speaker 1: Are you serious? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What again? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is going onwhere?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: It's just not okay. I got to talk to our producer all right. Texas Specific Lands TPL.
Speaker 4: Yes tick our tpl AT tumbled sixteen percent into the close for its biggest one day drop also since twenty twenty. This after the CEO of the firm's largest shareholder passed away. Murray Stall headed up Horizon Kinetics, which owned nearly fifteen percent of Texas Pacific Land. One investor said that Stall was one of tpl's largest cheerleaders who very much helped contribute to them been joining the SMP five hundred and For those who aren't familiar, Texas Pacific owns nearly nine hundred thousand acres in West Texas and has benefited from higher commodity prices as you can imagine this year, but its land is also used for bitcoin mines, renewable energy projects, and has even fielded interest from big tech companies.
Speaker 1: What a cool company. It's like twenty six billion dollar market cap, up thirty one percent year to date. But it's an E and P company like classified, but obviously learning you to use its land for a lot of other things. Right exactly, it's a great fine, very very cool. Where shall we go next?
Speaker 4: Then we can end with healthcare stock of course, Stars Surgical that's ticker STAA climbed twenty one percent for its biggest one day leap since last August. That's after the healthcare supplies Companies said that it expects net sales for the first quarter to exceed ninety million dollars, which is much better than expected at least on the cell side, and Jeffrey's called the result a very positive step in the right direction.
Speaker 1: Always good, right, like to see that. Yeah, the stock's up about nine percent year to day. The float is short though.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.