Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports Byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper vv.
Speaker 3: Right you ready?
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 5: How's it going everybody?
Speaker 1: Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley, Tenday Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian, and man it is Tuesday here on the show. We got a lot to talk about here Today, Lance Storm we'll be joining us here on the program. H And we got a lot to talk about because he watched Raw last night. Raw was the go home show for this weekend's Backlash pay per view, which is Saturday night, and it's a busy Saturday.
Speaker 5: There's also a UFC, so.
Speaker 1: We'll be watching Backlash. There'll be a I think a Brynavidy show that night, maybe Sunday, but for sure there's an Observer Radio that night, so we'll talk about all of that. We got the preview, the lineup, the whole shebang NXT is tonight with four things announced for the show Dynamite tomorrow also for and of course we've got the full Raw Report as well.
Speaker 5: And then a bunch of news, not all good news.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about Duke the Dumpster, Drosi, and then the pro wrestling, the current pro wrestling stuff including the Hardys, Joe Hendry and the actually it's Los Garza not Loose garzas we'll be heading to Mexico. We've got some notes on Biggie who is engaged, Shelton Benjamin Hulk Hogan, what's going on with that, as well as SmackDown ratings, some aw departures, and has noted the Raw Report. If you'd like to text us here today four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six That is forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six for W online at gmail dot com, f W online, Threads, Instagram and the cameo. Have you gotten a ten dollars cameo yet? If you haven't, you should, and if you did, you should get another one. There were a lot of fun at bryin elbraz Ex and Blue Sky Back in the Mole with more observer Live.
Speaker 6: Lows helps refresh your gardens in time for Mother's Day. Right now you have five bags of one and a half cubic foot Scott's Nature scapes molds for just ten dollars, plus select one and a half gallon annuals hanging baskets make the perfect gift. Now two for only fifteen dollars. The best garden starts with great deals Lows. We have you saved ballot through five seven. Selection varies by location, while supplies last discount taking a time of purchase.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's have a little fun.
Speaker 8: Do you use the expensive blue pill to perform better?
Speaker 7: Are you thinking about it?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 8: What if we can promise you results for less than one dollar a pill? Okay, So, these same pills can cost you thirty dollars or more at a pharmacy, and our better blue pill works for less than one dollar a pill.
Speaker 7: You'll save twenty nine dollars or more per pill.
Speaker 8: And right now we'll give you one hundred and twenty blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Have a little fun and call right now get one hundred and twenty any of our better Blue pills for just ninety nine dollars. Don't overpay for the other blue pills. Call steel Man Pills right now and get the better Blue pill for less than one dollar a pill. Call one eight hundred Buy Blue. One eight hundred buy blue. It's easy to remember. One eight hundred Buy Blue. That's one eight hundred b U y b l ue and thanks for calling. Are you tired of making trip after trip on doctor visits only to get wrong medications that waste time, money and cause you side effects. If you're on Medicare, call for a free medical assessment and determine which medications are right for you based on your genetic makeup with our convenient swap test performed in your home and mailed to our laboratory.
Speaker 7: No more trial and error.
Speaker 8: The results will tell you and your doctor which medications you don't need and identify more appropriate replacements. If you're on Medicare and take multiple medications, call now for our genetic testing service at little or no cost to you. It starts with a call for a free medical assessment and evaluation of your Medicare coverage. Make this free call right now.
Speaker 9: Eight hundred nine four eight six eight one four eight hundred nine four eight six eight one four eight hundred nine four eight six eight one four. That's eight hundred nine four eight sixty eight fourteen.
Speaker 1: Are you a fan of paranormal radio? Bigfoot, UFOs, Ghosts, Hauntings, Cryptid's True Crime? After Dark Radio with Brian Alvarez, theer's live on Sports Byline every Wednesday at two pm Pacific five Eastern, talking all manner of the strange and unusual, from the latest news of the weird to interviews with the top names in the field. After Dark is your source for paranormal radio. Check it out two Pacific five Eastern every Wednesday, live on Sports Byline USA.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, I was eating lunch with Hanola after her preschool and I was like, I don't know, my stomach feels weird, and like, hope I didn't get what Paisley got or she barfed everywhere the night before, barfed seven times the night before.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, oh man, so kept going about the day and everything was all right, but I was like, man, my stomach feels weird. And then it was time to do the Dave Show last night, and man, I was tired. And it wasn't that much, it wasn't that late. It was like, I don't know, twelve twelve thirty we started, but I was exhausted. And then I finished up and went to bed, and mill of night I was like sweating and my body was like my skin like, uh, it's weird. My skin felt very sensitive, like all my injuries, like was my shoulder hurt so bad?
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 1: And then I, uh, you know, I was like, I don't feel good. And I woke up this morning and I did not feel good. No barfing or anything like that. I just didn't feel good. So I took some tile and all and ivy profen and uh may through the morning felt much better. But I think, I think, like where we started the show, I was like, this.
Speaker 5: Is wearing off.
Speaker 1: So if I had to leave, Lance, this show is in your hands. But I didn't even gonna make it. Nothing stops me. We got a lot to get into today, Lance, what was the main event of the the I heard the main event was good on Impact this Thursday, I haven't seen I only saw that that I got all the way through Moose. That Frickin' Moose match.
Speaker 3: With those Zachary Wentz. That was really good.
Speaker 5: It was awesome.
Speaker 3: The main event was the Hardys and Joe Hendry against the Nemoths and Frankie Kazarian.
Speaker 1: The Hardy's and Joe Hendry versus the Nemaths and Frankie Kazarian. Well, I mean the the Hardy's and Hendry are going to be heading to Triple A June fifteenth, Triple Mania Regia along with Angel and Berto. So this this WWE Triple A TNA thing, I mean, we're seeing all sorts of people all over the place. So Triple A obviously they would have wanted Raymisterio, but he's he's unavailable because he's injured. Maybe others will be added, but right now it looks like Angel, Berto, the Hardy's and Joe Hendry for the June fifteenth.
Speaker 5: Show in le Ciudad, Regia, the regal.
Speaker 1: City, which by the way, is the same day that AW and CMLL are running a show in Arena, Mexico. Although the events are five hundred and sixty miles away, so I don't think we have to worry too much about competition there. But that's the plan for that show. Well, we got to talk about old Duke the dumpster Drosie. Did you ever meet this guy?
Speaker 3: Never did? No, And now I'm glad I haven't.
Speaker 1: He has been indicted, press release and out. Monday, District Attorney General Chris Stanford of the thirty first Judicial District of Tennessee announced that Mike Drosey indicted on one count of attempted aggravated sexual exploitation of a minor. Allegend that on April twenty first, he used a coin base account to purchase child pornography off the dark web. Transaction was flagged and terminated before the purchase was complete. FBI tipped off regarding the attempted purchase. The district attorney requested the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Crimes against Children Task Force to investigate the matter. He turned himself in released after making the ten thousand dollars bond arrangments set for May twenty eighth. He had been working as a dy coordinator for the district's Adult Recovery Court program, where he had served with the program several years. He was immediately terminated from that position. And of course Duke the Dumpster Drosie wrestled for WWE nineteen ninety four to ninety six. This was back when they had all these these goofy uh, these goofy.
Speaker 3: You know imics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was like a like a crocodile hunter and there was a minuta.
Speaker 5: Garbage man a much as stupid gimmicks.
Speaker 1: He feuded with Jerry Lawler and Triple H. This person wants to know who bailed him out. Well, according to the article, he posted his own bail so that's what it says here. But he actually appeared for MLW Battle Riot in twenty twenty three and after that apparently had another run in with the law. As Dave noted last night, this would not be his first run in. He's still up on the WWE alumni website. I wonder how long that's gonna last.
Speaker 3: Well, he's always technically an alumni, right.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, but like, I don't think Ben was up there. I think they can remove you from that alumni session.
Speaker 5: If there's a.
Speaker 3: Well, they can remove you from anything if they feel like it.
Speaker 5: Issues have come up.
Speaker 1: There was a September thirteen, twenty thirteen, indictment three counts of delivery of a controlled substance, having sold oxy codone and brew penorphine to an undercover police informment, three year sentence, thirty days in prison, find two thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: And also.
Speaker 1: Actually I think Dave, yeah, that was twenty thirteen, so that was before the MLW deal. I don't see anything else that happened since the MLW deal aside from this one here attempting to use cryptocurrency to pay for photos of child sexual abuse. So that story, and that's really all we know about it at this point. Congratulations to Biggie. He is engaged to Chris Yem who is the sister of Mia yim Meechen and WWE and so picture yesterday of him proposing and now man him and Keith Lee and and Meetchen and Chris im all related now, So congratulations to Biggie on net. And that's nice to see you.
Speaker 5: Ever met Biggie.
Speaker 3: I have met big Ee, worked with big Ee. Love big Ee, great guy.
Speaker 5: I think everybody loves big Ee.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think if you don't, the problem's probably you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that happens a lot with people I've noticed Holk Hogan. After he called Shelton Benjamin the wrong name multiple times in interviews, Shelton issued a response. Hogan was on the Pat McAfee show speaking with TMZ Sports, and he was there promoting his new Real American Freestyle organization, and he kept mentioning Benjamin Shelton, Rock Lesner, Kurt Angle, and Benjamin Shelton. And he did it over and over and ended up with Shelton being very upset. You lost me forever with your don't get caught, or as you would call it, apology speech. So rather than screw up my name and pretend we have had any sort of camaraderie, which we never had, please do me a favor and keep my name out of your mouth, he said, referencing a speech Hogan gave to the WE locker room in twenty eighteen when he was reinstated into the Hall of Fame. It was his return of the company following a twenty fifteen racism scandal where on a tape leaked years prior, he used the N word multiple times, admitting to being quote a racist, quote a racist to a point, he gave a speech to the locker room urging everyone to be careful because everyone has cell phones and cameras. Now, great speech, and he says he believed this an incorrect interpretation of his apology. So anyway, MVP also tweeted pathological lying piece of human excrement. So yeah, I don't know, man, Benjamin Shelton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm on team heart business in this regard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think So.
Speaker 1: Friday SmackDown one point four zero six million viewer, down twelve percent from the previous week, lowest total for the show since April four, to third lowest viewership they've done thus far this year eighteen to forty nine point three seven down twenty seven percent, lowest of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: They did go ahead to ed with a NBA.
Speaker 1: Playoff game that did a one point four and four point six million viewers and an NHL playoff game which did a point two and six hundred and forty four thousand viewers. So there was a very strong competition on Friday night, but not great numbers there for SmackDown.
Speaker 3: I would think with us getting into the summer too, and people may be wanting to do things on the weekends, Friday night television could take a bit of it.
Speaker 5: Bag them on with more Observer Live.
Speaker 7: You get a sh in the gay in the Palms. Meantime, some of the real stuff.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: The show Brian Alvarez here, Wrestling Observer Live, Lance Storm joining us here today and Lanser was a topic you wanted to discuss on our next show, So, uh so, go for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be hard to introduce, but it was off something you had said last week about how, you know, wrestlers heels in particular, seemed to be more concerned with getting you know, crowd chants, big responses, and a lot of them have less heat than you know, say back in the day, And I just wanted to bring up the point that it's a case of the industry being different in that, you know, if we go back to the eighties, because Hogan's easiest example there was that pop drawing babyface and again you'd have it if you were Bruno, Hulk, Hogan, Steve Austin. You know, when Warrior was the babyface champ, when Brett was the babyface champ, that you were expected to have these programs, draw on shows, and you made more money depending on where you were on the card. So if I was a heel, I would want to get as much heat as possible so that I might get to work with that top babyface. And if I was a heel that got favorable reactions, that top babyface wouldn't work with me because and the office wouldn't want me working with him either, because there was very much the goose that laid the golden egg that kept the company afloat, and you were expected to. You know, Paul Orndorf had heat and drew really well with Hogan for all of those shows and all of those events, so he stayed in that top position and made Hogan main event money. But with the industry now, most tickets are sold before cards are even announced, before you know, you go to TV, you don't know what the matches are. They don't really do house show programs anymore, and guys are un guaranteed contracts. So getting that two or three month run as the top heel facing Hogan or Austin or whoever, isn't really at play anymore. It's more if I get a big reaction I'll get TV time, and if I get TV time and big reactions, I'll be able to negotiate a better contract. So the motivation isn't the same anymore, because if I was a number three babyface, it's like, well, if I can get heat and work with Hogan, I can be a number one heel. I'll make more money. And the money aspect isn't really in play anymore because pick the next event, whatever Matt seth rawlins is, he's making the same money. So it just changes the motivation of the talent, and it changes the way the office looks at things too, because they ain't They aren't worried about who's going to draw best with Hogan, who's going to draw best with Staying, who's going to draw best with you know, Steve Austin. So when you remove that measuring stick, talent are going to look for other ways to show their value and interesting you know, eating and singing along or their best way to illustrate their value.
Speaker 1: I guess now, well I want to mention that where is it right here?
Speaker 7: Se Rah?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: So if you you mentioned that nobody really draws anymore, and I would say that people don't draw certainly the way they used to. Like I always tell the story about how you know Hull Cogan. They they announced that Whole Cogan match and that house show I was at during intermission, and these people leaped to their feet and rushed to buy their tickets for the next event at the box office.
Speaker 5: And I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: You know they heard that name a Whole Cogan and they had to buy tickets. And you know, I don't think things are like that anymore. But you know, one of the things that it's it's an ensemble cash it is, but you know what it's also when people go like, oh, they're only paying for the brand, They're only paying for WWE, They're only paying for the brand name, that I don't think that's true. I mean they are to a degree like if w Wu's coming to town, some people are like, I'm going because you know, WWE's coming to town. But I think that that a lot of people they don't give enough credit to how over some of these performers actually are. It's it's a different like for example, drawing Now was like you really love Yeaton, Well, Jay's gonna come to your town and all of his merchandise is gonna sell out, like he's selling a ton of merch and you know you're It's like if you're a fan of Jay Uso and Raw is coming to town, like he's gonna be on the show. This is why I always talk about how with like Dynamite and Raw, and people always get on me because they're like, well, you know, you you get mad if Dynamites only, you know, advertised three matches, but if Raw's only advertised three matches, like why why are you not as angry as when? Because it's different because on RAW, like I can go through the Raw like roster of big stars here and even not so big stars like aj you know, Austin Theory, but braun Breaker, even a guy like Carlito, Chad Gable, Punk Dominic, Mysterio, Dragon Lee, Grayson wall Er, Gunther. You know, if guys aren't hurt, it's like I can run down all of the big stars on this roster. They're all gonna be on Raw unless someone like Rhea is like out of the country. So it's like it's different because for WWE, if you advertise smackdowns coming to your town, you will see ninety percent of the SmackDown regulars when you buy your ticket, whereas with Dynamite they're coming to your town. You have no idea who's gonna be on the show because they don't do that. You're not guaranteed that Will Osprey is gonna be on the show. You're not guaranteed that Kenny Omega or the Young Bucks, or you're just not guaranteed anything. So in that case you have to advertise names so people will know. My god, I'm a big fan of whoever the Hurt syndicate. You know, are they gonna be on the show or not. It's just it's they do their shows differently. Sometimes in aw people are there, sometimes they're just not.
Speaker 5: It's totally different.
Speaker 3: WWE Yeah, I think the way I should word it better. It's like people still draw, but programs and Heat aren't the draw anymore, like Hogan Orndorf Drew where seth Rawlins and bron Breaker and jay Usso they draw in that if they are over, then you want to go see the show, but there isn't that. Unless jay Uso is fighting a heel with Heat, we're not gonna go. It's like I just want to go and eat with him because he's great, and we'll watch him wrestle and if you know, we'll go see seth we'll sing along, and there's that. They're stars. We want to see their act. But in the old days you had to have heels with heat because it was the programs that Drew Hogan might not draw against a poor heel, so there had to be that heat. And it's just a change in the industry because we're not cutting an angle and then running sixty house shows off that one television angle. We're just doing television everywhere, so you don't have longstanding programs are gonna draw, so they the heat isn't as required to draw money as it used to. But again, obviously, yes there are stars and on the whole they draw, but it's not the same level the way they used.
Speaker 4: To see thirty six, thirty seven, thirty eight, thirty nine. So yeah, about I'm trying to do.
Speaker 5: The math here in my head. Anyway, that's never good, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: But of you know, just a quick glance there of like you know, forty five roster members, like seven or eight weren't on the show that are like not injured, but like all the rest of.
Speaker 5: Them were there.
Speaker 1: You bought your ticket to Raw. You saw virtually everybody on that show last night. So anyway, all right, what else do we have here? Somebody had a question about what's going on with WWE and Triple A and the contracts, and.
Speaker 3: Well, because of Alberto El Patron.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll try to I'll try to talk about that. I gotta I got a big thing here, but I have to, uh, I got to read it before I talk about it. Because helps, Yeah, Dutch and Vincent no longer with AW They were removed from the roster page and we can confirm that they are done. So I don't know if their contracts expired or what the situation was, but they've been used in a ring of honor and uh and now they are gone.
Speaker 5: So that's the update there.
Speaker 1: Chelsea Green designed to do contract extension, multi year deal, and this comes on the heels of her losing the women's US title and so she'll be around for the long haul. I like Chelsea. People can get mad at this, but I find her act like Miles in Miles and Miles better when she's not the champion.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's like it's such a comedy gimmick, and it's so goofy, like it's hard to take it seriously that she is the champion of the world or I guess the nation.
Speaker 5: But when they when.
Speaker 1: She was no longer the champion and she was doing all that goofy stuff backstage and she feigned in the whole thing, I was I loved it, thought it was great.
Speaker 3: What was your take on Honky tonk Man as intercontinental champion then?
Speaker 5: But that was old gimmick.
Speaker 1: It's like he's he's a geek, And the idea was yes, because he was a geek like you always.
Speaker 5: But it's different.
Speaker 1: It's like back then, it's like, no matter who he wrestled, people were like, oh my god, he's gonna lose it for sure here and then he wouldn't lose it, and so you'd get all this get all this heat, but like nobody really seriously, Like you know, when he was the longest reigning intercontinental champion of all time, no one took that as like a serious thing, like he was one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.
Speaker 5: It was just he didn't get beat for a long time.
Speaker 3: So and how is that different?
Speaker 1: It was a it was a goofy gimmick. I probably I was too young back then. I probably would have hated him being the intercominal champions will be like, why is it a Randy Savage a champion, a recrude.
Speaker 3: You're older than the demographic or who else?
Speaker 1: Come on, I don't care if she has a title. I just said it's easier to take it seriously when she's not the champion doing this corniness. It's very good at it. Proud of her forgetting a new deal. Good work back in the moment.
Speaker 5: Obs everlive.
Speaker 7: A definis townel.
Speaker 6: I come to see you.
Speaker 10: My bone.
Speaker 5: Fine on the range, but they call me.
Speaker 9: Hey, airline travelers, let's say you have a problem and you need to change or cancel an existing airline reservation.
Speaker 7: What do you do well?
Speaker 9: SkyWatch is a free service that can help anyone with any airline reservation fix it, whether you want to cancel it, change your dates, or add passengers. We can help fix your airline reservations so you get exactly what you need. We've updated our computer database and now have access to every airline around the globe, so now you can make one phone call regardless of who booked your airline tickets.
Speaker 7: And we'll change it, cancel it, and fix it for you.
Speaker 9: We know the insider secrets of fixing reservations that the airlines don't want you to know about. So if you need to cancel, change, or modify in existing airline reservation, call SkyWatch right now. It's a free call, so let us fix it for you. Eight five five three two five, five six four seven eight five five three two five five six four seven. That's eight five, five three two five fifty six forty seven.
Speaker 10: This is a true sad story for ADT, the leader in home security systems. My favorite dog, Oliver, was stolen from our garage recently. If I had a camera system installed in my home from ADT, I would have known exactly what car possibly pulled up in my driveway and stole my little friend. If I had a security system from ADT, my dog would still be here. I called ADT this weekend and they're coming out in a few days to install a camera and a new security system. Unfortunately it's a little too late for me. Listen, protect everyone you love in your family. Call ADT now, have them come out and give you a quote to install a full security system in your home.
Speaker 7: Don't let it be too late for you. Call right now.
Speaker 9: Paid for by the Home Security Hotline. Eight hundred three six one three four nine one, eight hundred three sixty one three four nine one, eight hundred three six one three four nine one. That's eight hundred three six one thirty four ninety one.
Speaker 11: If you've got a property that you've been trying to sew and you've tried almost everything, I want to tell you about something that you haven't tried yet. You're going to think this offer is too good to be true, but it's not. Thousands ofustomers have sold their homes in any condition. With need to sell my home. This is a real opportunity from a highly rated company that buys homes all over the country. Did you know it's possible to sell your home right over the phone with no real estate commissions and no pesky open houses. Plus every offer is a cash offer with no mortgage hold ups. To find out how much you can sell your homer property for call now, take five minutes of your time and call for this one hundred percent free quote to sell your home.
Speaker 9: Eight hundred four to three oh oh six seven four eight hundred four to three oh six seven four, eight hundred four to three oh six seven four. That's eight hundred four to three oh zero six seventy four.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Network.
Speaker 1: All right, well, very quickly with this Triple A WWE thing. So you know, we have a lot of we have a lot of a lot of questions about this. This person here says p W Nexus says they have not signed anyone and uh. And this other person here says, well, WWE hasn't even technically purchased Triple A yet, so why would they be signing. Uh, they don't even own Triple A yet, they said, So why would they be saying? Here's all I can tell you about this. Okay, this was originally reported by Ernesto Ocampo of Super Lucas. Okay, super Lucas dot Com in uh in Mexico. And I don't want to disregard anyone else's reporting. But if you don't think Ernesto a Campo knows what he's talking about when it comes to Lucia, I don't know what to tell you. So He says that Albert To del Rio, Ehoda, doctor Wagner, the Kingo la Parca, Wahiedra, Lady Flammer, Lady Maravilla, and Nino Umbergaisa Nino Umbergasa have all signed these new deals. And yesterday there were there were people arguing this, but he he is saying it's it's true.
Speaker 5: And the story is that.
Speaker 1: Essentially Triple A contracts they certainly are not what the TKO contracts are in terms of you know, there there's a lot of provisions they don't have. The feeling is they aren't that hard to get out of, and you know, uh, t KO wants to avoid guys being taken out from under them, probably before everything goes down. So I was told that these are the people that have signed new tkals. These are not you know, w W is gonna buy them. And so they're assuming the contracts these are new t KO deals and that there are others who maybe have not signed yet, and there may also be others that are not with Triple A that are going to UH to be offered these deals. So they want people under solid deals. Is how it's it was phrased, like, you know, not easy to get out of intellectual property rights, et cetera, et cetera, merchandising rights, that sort of thing. And these are TKO contracts, but they are for Triple A. So you're not likely to see Alberto del Rio in in w W E proper anytime soon, and who knows, who knows what his future will be, but somehow this guy always lands on his feet. So that is that is what I believe the story is here. Others have denied that, but that is, Uh, that's from Super Lucas.
Speaker 5: So there you go, Virginia. This raw show. It was long, sure was, but not how long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know how long it is. I watched it on Netflix and it's so weird because I watched it on delay and like, I don't know. I started to say, the show is about an hour in when I started, and they edit out the commercial breaks even when you're only watching about an hour behind. So it's really weird because you know SO and SO do a dive, you go to break and the screen just goes black for like half a second and then it comes back up. But in real time it's like four minutes later, so it's like the other guy's completely in control, like things have obviously clearly happened that you didn't see, but it feels like it was three seconds ago, which I really found weird because even I think at one point they replayed something that happened in the break and it's like it was a thirty second break. Actually it was about a five second break. So it was odd watching it in that regard the advertisements everywhere, because the last time I watched Raw, they hadn't started sponsorships on everything, so that was really jarring. Like four decades of my viewing and working there, there was a look to the show the same and basically that you know, light blue canvas being a big part of it. It was really jarring to see the different color canvas with all the sponsorship logos and stuff on it. That was jarring.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the weird thing for me is is how the I love that it skips the commercials on Netflix, but it is weird because when you first turned the show, it says there's two hours and thirty six minutes left, so you kind of have in your head, all right, well I got done by such and such a time, But when they go to commercial, it just it jumps forward in one second, but the clock jumps forward four minutes, so it kind of throws me off. It's like, Okay, there's two hours left. Then they go to commercial and instantly there's an hour and fifty six left and then so that kind of throws me off a little because it's hard to do the math in my head of how much time I actually have.
Speaker 5: So I can tell Dave like.
Speaker 1: We're gonna start at such and such a time, but I have to like try and figure it out.
Speaker 5: But anyway, it was Uh.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a pretty good show and is the go home show for the pay per view this coming weekend, And in terms of everything, it's like, I thought they did a good job with the jay Uso storyline. They did the jay Uso seth Rawlins match for free on television here, and obviously they're gonna run it back again down the road, and I think they just kind of wanted to do something where a you got a big unadvertised match, which I don't think they should do this every week, but every now and then I think they should because what you do want people to think, well, I don't want to miss a show because I might miss something big. But at the same time, you don't want to give big unadvertised matches away every single week, so so I thought it was good to do it here, and also I didn't you know, I hate the stupid finishes, but it was it was done in such a way that this he got Seth got his world title rematch or his world title shot here, but nothing was settled and they can run it back again later, So I thought that was pretty good. It wasn't a big fan of the way they did it with Jay in the sense that he hit all of his big moves in succession and Seth just kicked out and then Seth had him beat with the stomp, but then music distracted him and Punk ran down and we had a de Kio just thought that Jay is not a champion that you kind of want to make look weak because he's not really like a super strong champion. He's he's fine, but you know, I think that he needs to be portrayed a little bit stronger. I think they should have done something when he hit all of his moves as opposed to the heel just kicking out of it. So but overall, I thought, you know, the finish aside which was Cmpunk just running in and hitting everybody with chairs. They didn't even call for a bell.
Speaker 5: It just it was over. I thought, I thought it was a good main event.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I enjoyed it, and I hear this is going to be a common thing, the non finish, the DQ finish, or whatever the finish was. But that was the one downer for me in that I felt like I invested an hour into this match because that opening promo felt like it was a half hour. Maybe it was only twenty minutes, but that opening promo, which was good and I was entertained the whole time, but it felt like that was a half an hour, and then the match felt like it was a good twenty minutes. And I'm like, I dedicated an hour to this program and it's just a I will assume a DQ or a no contest. It's like, we didn't even get a bell. You didn't even tell me what the result was. And that was very unsatisfying. And I'm told that that's fairly common. Perhaps if it's not common, then it won't bother me as much. But I did invest an awful lot of time to just have it end the way it did.
Speaker 5: But it was worth it for Paul Hayman's promo.
Speaker 3: Well, I enjoyed Paul Haymen's promo, but that I didn't That was only the first twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: I thought that promo was fricking great.
Speaker 1: It's the same promo everybody cuts. But man o man, did he deliver that with some gumption?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he did do a good job. And I believe this is the first time he's really delved into explaining why he turned on Punk and Roman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was a very very simple explanation, which is that Punk put me in a terrible position and it was there was no a way to win. And then you know, Roman took it personally thinking what I'm gonna leave him, I'm gonna sabotage everything, and so really, you know, in his mind, these two guys were total jerks to him, and this one was not his fault. Roman reigns in particular, he made this guy, brought him from the island of irrelevancy, made him the tribal chief, and then this guy disappeared after he lost the title. And the way he said he left me in the hands of Solo, I was like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he sure did, brother, I'd be mad too.
Speaker 1: Solo Fatoo in the Tongans. They almost ended his career. And then Roman came back, not for him but for the Ulafalla and he says, I'm always the freaking scumbag, but not this time, which I thought was just a great line because he's admitting I am a horrible person. I've done many horrible things. I've lied, I've cheated, but you know what, not this time.
Speaker 5: And he's like turning purple. And you know, normally I don't.
Speaker 1: Like like a serious thing. There's some comedy. But when Jay said are you all right? Everyone laughed. It was like, that's an obvious question anybody would ask. He looked like he was about to explode. And then later and then later they had the head line from Pat mcavee where he just calmly says, Paul Hayman and Brown Breaker back from a trip to the Sun. I laughed because they were so dark.
Speaker 5: It was ridiculous, how tan they were.
Speaker 1: And what about what about that Pat mcavee, What promo that guy is?
Speaker 3: He didn't turn himself babyface for me? Though, really, well, I'm I'm a wrestler. I go with Gunther.
Speaker 5: Well sure, but I mean, come on, that was an awesome proma that guy cut.
Speaker 3: It was a again, I couldn't think of a better promo for him to cut. But the football kicker doing commentary complaining to Gunther serious, respectful pro wrestler. You can see why I would side with Gunther. So but it was effective.
Speaker 5: You are very much a Gunther type.
Speaker 3: Lance. Yes, I would definitely be on team Gunther.
Speaker 5: Have you ever met that guy?
Speaker 3: I don't think I have, Actually no, really, how about that.
Speaker 5: You guys would get along swimmingly.
Speaker 1: I think we had Rock Sand and EO Sky, which was a great, a great match.
Speaker 5: These two are so good. Eo is so over.
Speaker 1: You know, as I talked about yesterday, it appears damage control is finished. That was kind of the unofficial word I got from WWE. So I mean, maybe Osca and Kyrie you are going to return as a tag team, maybe even on a different show, which, by the way, this is not official, but I believe that the draft may be taking place at the end of the month, so we're gonna be switching some things up there. But this Rock San is great, and I don't know why she's still in NXT. They do consider her an NXT talent still, even though she regularly works the main roster. But I thought they had a great match, clean finish, and then Julia ended up jumping EO afterwards. Because we have two things going. We have a match next week with Roxanne and Julia versus Rhea and EO Sky. But also there will be a EO Sky versus Julia match upcoming, and I guess we'll find out where.
Speaker 3: Is Julia still NXT or is she on the show?
Speaker 1: Is still considered NXT as well. But I presume that you know, the official call ups will be during the draft, because.
Speaker 3: Just it feels so insignificant if they get called up and have their official debut after you've seen them wrestle six times on the show already. Yeah, so I was.
Speaker 1: They're in Tampa for four days at the end at the end of the month, and it's close enough to Orlando that they can they can do stuff with the NXT talent. I would presume they've got to be because you know, as we talked about yesterday, they did get rid of a fair number of women, but they also have thirty women in developmental on and that's just on television. That's not counting anyone in evolved, anyone who hasn't made television yet. And so we are going to see some call ups coming up very very soon, and it's time for a lot of these women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a good half a dozen or eight women that are so ready for the main roster.
Speaker 5: All right, back in the moment with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling observ We're live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 5: Time Flies. You're on this program, but I fear not. We got a lot more coming up.
Speaker 1: We had an Observer Radio for subscribers yesterday and tonight. Yes, tonight today is Tuesday. It's a Brian Navinie and Granny and Craig and Sean show, Got sho and Wrestling Mid South Wrestling Season six, Episode twenty three.
Speaker 5: And yeah, I didn't barf. I made it this far.
Speaker 1: But you know, the weird thing about it is is, uh, luckily I've been like intermittent fasting for like a long time, so it's like really easy to fast because I should be getting really hungry right now, and I'm thinking.
Speaker 5: I ain't eat until I feel really hungry. Let's just play it safe here.
Speaker 1: But anyway, that's tonight and later on my on my ex Twitter, I'm I'm gonna try and find a link because I was told the Mid South ends five minutes early because there's a video they couldn't put on Peacock, But apparently it's on like YouTube or something and it is an absolute must watch. So I'm gonna try and tweet that out a little bit.
Speaker 5: Later on here today. So anyway, well, answer what do you got very quickly?
Speaker 3: Uh, Impact Access TV Sports at three sixty Thursday nights at eight pm.
Speaker 5: That's right. And TNA Plus I hear not Impact Plus.
Speaker 3: Yes, TNA Plus is the app, and it's actually a huge improvement over the old Impact Plus. Yes, and that's straight app.
Speaker 5: Show should be up earlier once it's a tape show, right.
Speaker 3: Well, actually for all shows, it should be up in the regular times and stay there. There was just a few technical difficulties for the live week this week.
Speaker 5: That's of course.
Speaker 1: Of course, it was because I decided to watch it that it became t and A again. But we barreled through, Brian, Yeah, we barreled on through.
Speaker 5: Hey, maybe that's where I got it.
Speaker 1: Those old TNA weekly pay per views just barrel on through I wanted to throw myself over a barrel watching those shows. Isn't that some old saying, hey, we're out of time. Everybody will see to night on the bride of any show. Check out Observer Radio yesterday f for w onl dot com, Slash new if you've never signed up, and also Spotify YouTube and Apple at for W online dot com, Slash Spotify at for W online dot com, Slash YouTube at for W online dot com, Slash Apple nine to ninety.
Speaker 5: Nine a month.
Speaker 1: Check them out and back tomorrow with more, including after Dark We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.