Speaker 1: Lower power. Let's play ball. Welcome in, everybody to fantasy pros. This is leading off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of Sports Books. It's me Joey p Joep's a p A Happy Monday, everybody. Look, it's the Welsh. He's still alive. He made it through the weekend. So happy to see Officer Welsh. Friday, things went south after Officer Welsh came in and blew a bunch of post it notes up in the air. Julio Rodriguez boy hit a home run. Though Welsh keeps calling home run calls correctly too, So maybe Welsh, the secret to your success is a little bit of day quill.
Speaker 2: What do you think Apparently? Yeah, I had three straight days with homer calls. I'm up to four, all while I was on my deathbed. So I probably have one or two more days while I'm still sick to make the calls. But catching up, I'm gonna catch up.
Speaker 1: There you go, catching up the Welsh, and let's get you caught up on everything that happened, some injuries as well as some demotions and DFA's coming. Because it's cut day, Welsh, it's cut days at the time, when you go to the gym and you look and mix your you made the team. You see your name on the lissive. Yeah, you make the cut or not. So we'll get to all of that. Let's start with Willy Calhoun, who did not make the cut. He is seeking a trade following his demotion, So that would be an interesting name to land somewhere in a good spot that could use some offense. I'd like to see what he Willy Calhoun could do, maybe in a fresh start. Dominic Smith last night had four hits and led the Mets on Sunday to a victory, with Max Scherzer striking out nine over the Phillies. Jady Martinez crushes a Grand Slam and a lost to the Orioles. Poor Red Sox Aaron Judge Homer twice is leading the Yankees, who are streaking. Remember a couple of weeks ago when the season started and the oh god, the Yankees are terrible. Everything's good, The Yankees are so bad? Well, they're in first place?
Speaker 2: Welsh, so is the k Is that how the anti Yankee guy sounds too?
Speaker 1: Just a Yankee guy? So I don't understand, is undred sixty two games you should be undred sixty two went all I don't want to stand with the problem is Brian Cash was gonna go, you don't know nothing about baseball.
Speaker 2: You about Miles Straw?
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, you see the video.
Speaker 2: Do you see the up close video by the way of when Miles Straw jumped up is out there.
Speaker 1: I saw him jumping, but I didn't hear the audio.
Speaker 2: There's an audio the guay, Yeah, there there's audio. There's the guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you saw like the faraway video, there was somebody like filming right in front of Miles Straw. Well, that video has taken to Instagram and TikTok, and Miles Straw was ready.
Speaker 1: The insta tuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have to go to He essentially said hit me, and with other words in there. Miles Straw was telling the Yankee bros hit me, but heeded some other colorful language.
Speaker 1: What a shock, fake tough guys out in the bleachers. All right, Joe muskrove our favorite guy with eight in a win over the Pirates, and they're getting Clevenger back in this rotation. Man oh man, this pojo rotation is good. More on that later. The Royals recall prospect MJ. Melendez from Triple A. Give us the prospect breakdown on MJ. Melendez.
Speaker 2: Welsh massive power led the miners in homers last year with forty one forty one homers. His dat is actually a catcher as well, I think from Miami. I was actually at his like pro debut with the Royals when he was there, and he's grown into this huge power guy. He struggled this year. He's only hitting a buck sixty seven. The Royals guys have gone kind of up and down in that, Like in twenty nineteen, he struggled. In twenty twenty one, he was practically a Minor League player of the year. Not crazy strikeout numbers, walk seventy five times in four hundred and just about fifty at baths. So I mean, this is a guy that can bring real power, very salvy like if you will. But two homers, three stolen bases, hitting under two hundred to start this year. We'll see where it goes. But he makes really really great contacts, got a great swing and if they give him, you know, any type of regular time and a two catcher. I picked him up this past week and I put some fab on him on uh what was it? TGFBI I think it was I put some fab on him to pick him up, because this is just game changing power. He's just off to a really bad start and that's what I'm worried about with him. But he is not worth it, probably in a ten or twelve, but monitor him anything deeper. Maybe check him.
Speaker 1: Out monitoring the peanuts and the cracker Jacks. In our live chat here on Fantasy Pro's MLB that Brooklyn accent is impeccable from doctor Glenn, thank you, But I'm cheating because I'm from there.
Speaker 2: So if it's not impeccable, I mean, you are one of those guys, You're just not.
Speaker 1: I turned into one of those guys when you know, whenever you're around your cousins and things like that, like my cousin Donnie, I can.
Speaker 2: I can attest to this. I can attest to this when I'm hanging out with you and your cousin. You turned into the New York You. Let me let me tell you something. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Listen to me right now. You don't anything you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Listen all right, listen. Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: Know what the Mets did. They dfa'e for to get out of there going on an assignment. Robinson Cano, You're done, it's over. And this is the difference between ownership I think of the Mets in the past and ownership now. There's a huge money commitment to Robinson Cano. Steve Cone doesn't care what's best for the team is what's best for the team. And this is huge. I mean, this is an unbelievable It is what for culturally Met fans have dealt with. I mean, the Bobby Benia thing is part of the Mets culture right where we have to live with mistakes for the rest of our lives. That's the met culture. Steve Cone saying, no, you don't, we make mistakes. That's okay. I'll write a check. Thank you, uncle, Stevie. I love this. I love what he's done here. So well, Robinson Cano, catch on somewhere else, Welsh or is he done?
Speaker 2: No, he's done. That was kind of my like, well, I thought he would have been done beforehand. Just get him out, you know, get him out beforehand. If you were like, oh, they're gonna get rid of the mistakes, you never would have even given him opportunity coming off of this. His bat was already dead coming off of the steroids stuff, I cannot see unless there's a desperate team in there for a D eight for a bat that's not really great. Maybe you sell a couple of jerseys. I mean, listen, there might be someone that's gonna throw a bone. But in my eyes, Robinson Cano is done. He's washed, all right.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to some of the injuries. X ray's negative for Robbie Grossman show. Otani planned to play on Monday, but it looks like he is going to be sitting out now. So that that's changed in the last twenty four hours or twelve hours, you should say he's dealing with that little bit of a groin issue there, So just keep an eye. They should give Otani as much time as he possibly needs because you can because the Angels have played well there at the top of the standings too. This one is important though, member, boys and girls. For the last couple weeks, we were talking about adding Nolan Gorman before you have to pay for Nolan Gorman. Well, I hope you listen, because we've been on this train for a couple weeks now. It hasn't gotten official yet, but Tommy Eman did leave the game with a hip flex or tightness, he goes in the IL in the next twenty four hours. I'm hard pressed to think that they don't give this guy a call. Now. I understand the roster's strunk and all the other stuff going on, so they don't have to, but it's only a matter of time. The guy's got what wasn't a fifteen game hitting streak or something crap like that he was on this weekend hole.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, in the minor leagues, yeah, he leads the league. H They've also got another kid, Moisis Gomez, who used to be with the Rays, who is second in homers. So they've got you know, twenty one homers between those two guys. You know, I think there's a decent possibility. They still are bullheaded about not bringing him up. They've got in Mundo Sosa, who they move around, not saying that they won't, but the timeline moved up a little bit where the possibility is there. They got to get live bats at Mundo Sosa is not a crazy, big live bat. DeJong has struggled. I'm hopeful you should pick him up to speculate, but be ready that you might have to drop or maybe they don't make the move because they've continuously not wanted to make this move. They kept saying, They're like, eh, we keep hearing about Nola Gorman down there, but you know, we need these major league guys now, and why would we You know, their big thing was, why do they want to get a great uh Tommy Edmund off a second base and move him to short or something like that. This is an opportunity. I'm just not sure they will, as someone in the chat pointing out, he's still striking out at a pretty heavy clip, so monitor it, but you should be picking him up because it's game changing power.
Speaker 1: Mister Buster is raining on my parade this morning. He's saying Gorman is still striking out thirty percent of the time. I know who cares, so is everybody else? Okay, I don't care. This is major league baseball now, so we can't keep throwing out that this thirty percent strikeout rate for sluggers, especially who offer big time power, is somehow culturally not part of what we are right now is a baseball world. This is part of it now. So if it's gonna be part of it, at least give me the power along with it. That's all I'm asking for for God's sakes, Yes, you are right. He strikes out too much. He doesn't walk, so does everybody else pretty much major League Baseball. I don't care. Is he hitting? Yes? Are the Cardinals better off for it? Yes? Is the DH available, Yes, let's go.
Speaker 2: And I think it's the thing though, that they can use as an excuse to not do it. They like, get Mundo Sosa and they can put him at second base. It's just it's the thing that they can cling to because you're gonna have reporters, people like everybody here that's gonna be like, well, now, why are you not bringing up Gorman? You know this guy Leeds miners in Homers. He's a phenom at twenty two years old. He's been playing second base now for about a year. What's the reason now? And they could go, well, he's striking out a whole bunch. You know. It's kind of like the O'Neal Cruiz thing that's going on as well. Oil Cruzo is struggling. That's the difference. Oneal Cruz strikes out and it's still struggling at triple A and everybody wants him to be up Gorman. The only thing they really have is that unless you know, they could also say, oh, we want to see what we have out of a mundo again to get him full time. But you just never know how these teams are working, how these guys are gonna go trying to put the you know, the backs on a young kid. But we have to speculate and we've got to pick him up regardless. We just can't lose our minds. If he doesn't get the call up, he can Oh you guys told me to pick up. Yeah, you have to pick him up. This is the opportunity. It just may not be the one that the managers finally pushed because these baseball managers are stubborn. They're the worst. They're the worst man you know.
Speaker 1: But look, I just know what's gonna happen. Is he's gonna get called up and then everyone's gonna run to the wire. Just do it now, Adam for a couple of bucks. Now if he's still floating around there, And look see I held and stashed though, and I convinced him. Look see I convinced him with my argument. It's it's honestly, it's it should be a convincing argument, because find me the great sluggers. I mean, you can count them on one hand who aren't striking out at alarming rates. It's just unfortunately, it's part of what we're doing. Speaking about alarming, Let's get to Can we talk about this? Can we talk about the Reds. They're bad, They're very, very bad right now on the IL Also for the Reds, Tyler Stevenson, Jonathan India, Solano's on the IL, Frehley's on the IL, Nico Lodolo went on the IL, Castillo's on the IL. Uh. The whole team is hurt, and Joey Vono was sitting there making a lot of money and making tiktoks, and I don't know what else to do, Like if I'm the Reds, If I'm the Reds right now, you know you were hoping Mustak has got off to a good start, maybe you could flip him. You would hope that Castillo is healthy. Can't flip him right now. In terms of DFS, in terms of setting weekly fantasy lineups, in terms of prop bets, I'm going to hammer the Reds for as long as I can. Well, what are your thoughts on this horrendous beginning of the season for the Cincinnati Red.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. It's kind of like what I was doing with the Diamondbacks at the beginning of the year. Just take the team and the pitcher that's going up against them. The Reds are atrocious. It's embarrassing. All of the like craziness that's going on in Oakland. I'm not sure why we're not seeing more of that in Cincinnati. It's a garbage team. To be fair for them, I suppose they attempted a few things. You know, they could say, oh, we didn't have Castillo, and you know, we did bring in Tommy fam and stuff like that. But it's it's embarrassing how they put this together. And the other problem is they just don't have a lot of stuff to bring up. They don't have got I mean, they designated remember Aristv's a Kemia.
Speaker 1: Well, they had the pictures, they brought up Lodolo and Green. Then Lodolo got hurt immediately, you know, So, I mean they have the pitching, but you're right from a position standpoint, it was India and then you know, this is what happens when you whiff on number two overall picks guys like Nick Enzel, you know, like when you when you're in a top five, you better come away with a player that's going to be in your lineup for ten years and being a productive player. Like that's the.
Speaker 2: Gulsole maker's right, but also making the right trade. Look at teams like you know Minnesota, Minnesota traded two months of Nelson Cruz to get what I think might now be. I mean, you know, our Bold Prediction show cares what we say, but Bold Predictions. I was like, Oh, Bobby Witt, Joe Ryan to me looks like the front runner for AL Rookie of the Year, which, by the way, I would go take a look at your books because he might be around plus six hundred. They got him for two months of rental service. That's a good scouting department and bringing in the right bodies to be able to get you service all time. The reads don't have that aristatas a Kenio. Everyone was like, Oh, we're super excited, and then he's gone. They designated him for an assignment this week. They don't have great live bodies to put this team together. So I agree with you. I would be hammering against at every opportunity. I have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of people asking me Joey Votto. You know, people were asking should I pick up you know, Hark Hosber still out of the waiver wire, Should I pick up Joe Should I drop Joeyvaddo for him? And I said yes, yeah, Like why not. It's not like the Red lineup is going to get markedly better. Even when everybody gets healthy, it's going to improve. Joey Voda will improve. He's still get of a hitter. The other problem is Joeyvoddo can't be moved that contract.
Speaker 2: That's just say, it's not like he's not like we can play the game where it's like, oh hey, guess what Vodo could be with the Yankees in two months. No, he can't. He's stuck here. He's not moving.
Speaker 1: Unless the reds eight fifty percent of that contract, and they might, like if there's a team that's if there's a team that's desperate for Look, Joey Vodo, good dude, good defenders. Still could still hit if you put him in a nice short I mean, if you put him on the Yankees ones. I mean, it's not where he's going. But I'm just saying, like you don't need him anymore the Risen, but you put him in a good situation. There's every reason to believe that Joey Vodo can help. And I would like to see Joey Vado in a playoff. That'd be fun to see. But you know what, unless the unless the Reds excuse me, eight half of that salary, it's very difficult to see which.
Speaker 2: They should though. But you know what, the Reds could go back to the what was it? Was it the Braves that they know the Braves go back and do what the Diamondbacks did. It's the worst thing in baseball, but it's something you have to do. Pair him with a good prospect and sell off. The Diamondbacks did that with Bronson Royal. They wanted to get out of this god awful Bronson a Royal contract that they had, so they went to the Braves. They gave the Braves two key des Saunt to take on the contract of ronsin Royal and that was it. The Diamics didn't get anything back. They just gave them a top prospect at that time. And the guy the red shil consider doing something similar. They got a lot of low a type of guy, you know what, give something off with Vado to make it work.
Speaker 1: You know, Louis Castillo is the piece to give because Louis Castillo and Vado together for a team that needs to make a run, that is a big help to a team.
Speaker 2: Potentially have to get stuff back a little bit.
Speaker 1: And the ste young enough and still has upside enough that I think that's an intriguing move for a certain team, but that that that would be the way. Also, on a better note, we've thrown a lot out. We were breathing fire here on the show this morning. He had a lot of feelings. H shout out to Kelsey Whitmore, who played left field and bed at night the Staten Island Fairyhawks on Sunday, becoming the first woman to start a game in the Atlantic League and one of the first to do so in a league connected to Major League Baseball. So congrat to Kelsey Whitmore. It was a fantastic weekend for women in sports. My daughter Friday night, nine years old, All Girls Football League touchdown pass this beautiful thing rolling out to the right. You could see it on the Twitter machine. I posted It's glorious. And then in the boys league. She's the only girl playing in the all in the co ed league right now for some reason. Two girls, she's one of them. Interception for a touchdown, intercepted the ball, ran it back for a pick six. Unbelievable. The entire crowd, especially the crowd of moms, just went off the hook. It was. It was an amazing moment to behold. So women in sports this weekend. Nice stuff, all right, Let's get to a little bit of trivia here for our peanuts and cracker jacks. Which Three pitchers selected in the first round of the two thousand and six Major League Baseball Draft went on to win Cy Young Awards. Three pitchers selected in the first round of the two thousand and six MLB Draft went on to win Cy Young Awards. Who are they? Give us the names if you know who they are in the chat over Fantasy Pros MLB, because remember, if you subscribe to Fancy Pros MLB, we are here every single day, Monday through Friday, doing this show live for you, and of course the podcast comes out later too, so we want our subscriptions to go up. We'll see if anybody gets this right. Give me.
Speaker 2: With this too. I don't know if we want to get hints at all.
Speaker 1: Well, two of the three are still pitching.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I got a different hint, Can I give it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Sure, they all were drafted from the same division.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah division.
Speaker 2: Right, that's my favorite one. Yeah, exactly, because I think the two of the three you can kind of put that together. But they all were drafted in the same division.
Speaker 1: And Caleb gets it right, Clayton Kershaw one of them, So there you go. Wonky Penguin also got it right. Always the Wonky Penguin always knows.
Speaker 2: So the division.
Speaker 1: That's one. Now you know the division, So go get it, Go get it, Peanuts and cracker Jacks. Let's get to the stat heroes of the weekend. Ready, they're gotta take one deep breath. Let's see Corbyn Burns seven innings, ten k's, Marcus Stroman actually had a good start for a change, now earned run seven innings. Boy you need that. Josiah gray A three k's but now earned and verse six. Nady Evaldi eight strikeout, seven innings, Pitch Merrill Kelly's seven innings, four k's, Dane Dunning's seven and two third seven strikeouts. Eric Lauer continues to be great. Let's pause, there is a running out of breath. Eleven strikeouts, one walk for Eric Lower. Holy crap, where does this come from? Welsh? Can we talk about Eric Lower for a moment?
Speaker 2: Successful fastball our boy Nick Pollock. I don't want to steal his stuff, but he had posted out about with fifty I think it was fifty tempts or more on on a single pitch that Eric Lawer has the highest swinging strike percentage of any fastball, any fourteen fastball in Major league right now. And he upped that bad boy. And that's it. You know, you have solid secondaries with the most I mean, you know, the fastball is Here's the other thing. The fastball is not the strikeout pitch as much as you know, we feel like it is out there. It's not the big punch out or you know, it's it's sometimes the setup to get there. It might be that final pitch that you can throw out, especially if you're a big, you know, one hundred and one mile an hour guy. But a lot of fastballs are there to set up the major swinging strike pitch, you know, the change up or the curveball or the slider or something like that. And Laur's out here rocking the most successful swing through fastball in baseball and We've seen the Brewers do for this from time to time. So this guy was a former Padres prospect as well, So you know, a lot of good tutelage out there. I don't know how much I buy like a if all of the success because I haven't done enough digging in. If all of the success is built around just forcing fastball, I don't know about the sustainability of that, like long term to keep going where he is. But you know you've mentioned this a couple of times before. This is the type of guy that's a league winner. You know, you picked him up probably on the back of your draft for free, either on the wire or draft, and he's putting up cy young type of numbers. These are the type of guys that continue on. So I don't think there's much to break down as far as like should I hold, no, you hold? You hold? He's doing great, But a lot of the success is being done by that forcing fastball and guys are swinging through. I think it was like a twenty one percent swinging strike percentage on the four scene.
Speaker 1: And remember we talked about players that you pick up. This difference between you know, the ones you want to trade off and the ones, we want to just keep this one's more valuable to you because you picked them up, or you you draft him in a deeper league. Because right now, if you have this player, don't trade them. There's no reason to. You just ride this wave as long as you can. And when a crash as a crash as it was free, you know, I wouldn't trade off because it might potentially last the whole year because the way these Birds pitchers have every single year. Remember was it three years ago or four years ago? We got woodruff, then we got burns. Last year we got peralta. This year it's lower. This is not a joke. There's something in the water and Milwaukee's pitching coach, pitching theory system, whatever it is, it's working. These guys have been outstanding. This is an organization that struggled. I mean you had to go back to the ben sheets Giovanni Guyardo days to get good pitching at a Milwaukee up until recently, it's been a dry well, so to speak. And Jacke Penguin is a great word. Thank you.
Speaker 2: It is a good word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said Moisis earlier, which I love. There's not enough guys named Moises.
Speaker 2: I do you want a lot of moises.
Speaker 1: That should be is it moisuses or is it moises or moistyes, moisties.
Speaker 2: Maybe I like a good uh moiss piece of pa. I think that should be your third kid, your next kid, moistest piece of pia.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think my kid days are over all right? Oh no pictures? Well, who knows. Maybe I'll be like Charlie Chaplin, I'll have a kid when I'm ninety. Uh. Miles Mikola seven k's, no walks, He's been terrific this year, seven innings for him. Corey Kluber had a good start, one earned over six with six k's. Shane McClanahan eleven strikeouts. He was terrific. Kevin Gossman, You want to about Cy Young numbers ten k's, zero walks, two earned runs, seven innings, Aaron Nola with a good start, nine k's for him, three earned runs, Joe Muskrove We mentioned the top the hitters, Kyle Schwarber over the weekend four for eight, three bombs and a stolen base with five ribbies. George Springer two dingers, three for ten, a doorscar see at home runs, stole a base over the weekend he was four for twelve Andris Amenez siding six runs batted in there for him one homer. Aaron Judge had the three bombs, Hunter Renfro three homers. We talked about him last week, buy him everywhere. Bog and I were all over that it feels good. Yeah, it feels good yet at that Victor Roebliss two walks, eight for twelve, he had a double five RBIs. Jordan Alvarez went a good weekend with two homers, Christian Yelich two homers. Now, let's talk about Yelich for a moment, because Yelich is this weird enigma where we keep waiting for him to actually get to a plateau and sustain being good. So do you think we're getting closer to that sustained goodness from Christian Yelich?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he looks more dialed in. But this is also why you bet well. What's interesting about him is he's one of those guys that the cost to rebuy in was very efficient. It worked like you didn't have to pay this crazy cost to buy back to get eighty five percent of Yelich. And I think we can get I think we're getting back eighty five percent in Yelich, eighty five Yelwig, and at that cost will take it all day. Same thing with Bellinger. Those two will take at those costs. This is what we're looking for, and this is why you make those calculated bets. And I've got a couple shares of Yelich too, so I'm invested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, indeed, all right. The last couple guys here to Corey Seeger four for eleven with two dingers, Kyle Tucker two stone bases seven for twelve. My goodness, is he hot. Darren Ruff five for fourteen. Carlos Correa finally getting hot two seven for thirteen over the weekend. That's one for the Twins too, Twins, the Marlins. A lot of teams have been good. Ohing. Taylor Ward kept on hitting. He had another home run six for thirteen, showing a time to get take a week off because Taylor awards all that theay Angels need. Here's the guys who spit the bit. Six earned runs and six innings for Dylan Bundy, Aaron Savali six earned runs for him and four Matt Brash ooh, this was not good for him. Two innings, six earned Kyle Hendrick six earned and four Frankie Montoss needs to get out of Oakland five earned runs and five innings for him. Sandy al Contra rare bat star for him, five earned in five and two thirty.
Speaker 2: You know who got in on him too, was mister Julio Rodriguez with his first homer of the season, four hundred and fifty feet right off of Sandy. Get out of your Sandy.
Speaker 1: As good as that bomb was the Jorge soul Air home run in that same game. Oh God, that sole Air home run was one of those I don't know what. I don't know what the final tape measure of it was, but I mean it felt like six hundred and seventy five thousand feet. I'm pretty sure that's that's as an estimate I'm giving. It's not exact number. Alex Wood also bad, Zach Efflan also bad friand mil Reyes continues to suck one for ten seven strikeouts. What's wrong with the friend? I don't know what the same here going.
Speaker 2: On with it? What a dumb what a dumb stupid thing. I had to say. This is the impression of me and the Bold Predictions. I love those shows. Ugh, gona be like three people do gonna hit fifty homers and Fremuel's gonna do it. That's how I sounded when I talked.
Speaker 1: Oh he's got five months, he's not gonna hit five homers accountable. It's nothing I hate more than the shows, and especially the baseball ones that they're never wrong. Oh, you gotta love the baseball shows. When the guys are never wrong, it's my favorite. But you know you're gonna be wrong sometimes. Brandon Marshall wrong. The game is over nine with I know, I know, that's all right. Well it's still tiny. You can still hit thirty. Brandon marsh over nine with seven k's. That's worrisome to me. Jeremy Pena one for thirteen. He's come back down to earth a little bit. Castillanos won for twelve of six strikeouts. Gross Joey Vada won for twelve six strikeouts. Robbie Grossman over seven six k's and he had an injury. Juno Suarez over twelve six k's. Got drop him. Please, let's get to the leaderboard for home runs. There it is the Night King with eleven. My god, the Night King has been unbelievable. J P. Mas Junior with nine as well. We got a bunch of eights and sevens up there. Welsh's on the board.
Speaker 2: I am I'm trying to get on that board. I want to get on that board. I've got four homers now, three came in three straight days last week. I am trying to get on that board. I want to get on I don't know if this week is possible, but by next week I want to get in on that board.
Speaker 1: I want board. Yeah, yeah, it's a good thing. Yeah. I'm gonna take the frendimal so I never get a home run again. All right, let's talk about prop bets, and let's talk about the special offer from bet mgm, the king of sports books. Bet ten dollars win two hundred on any game, regardless of the outcome. Sign up today, download the betmgm app or go to betmgm dot com and enter the promo code leading off one word leading off on bet mgm and just bet ten bucks to win two hundred. Here's what I like today. I like Mike Trout total bases on DK zero point five. That's pretty good. You're getting minus one fifty five. The juice is bad, but it's worth the squeeze with Trout Giancarlo Stanton one and a half on the total basis too. I like some of these Yankees here. I got a bunch of Yankee props. Stanton at the one and a half on DK, you're getting plus one thirty five on that. That's a great number on the Stanton one. If he goes yard or has a double and you know, has a decent night boom, plus one thirty five Aaron Judge, same thing, total bases, he is even money at one and a half Aaron Judge RBI zero point five on DK. That is plus one fifty. If he drives in a run boom, you're in good shape there. And in Julio total bases because as long as you get Jaco Torezi on the mound, I'm listening, and that's one and a half. Is that number you're getting plus one forty five Welsh on Julio tonight plus one forty five against Jacoderrezi. I think he can keep it rolling and the total base is high. It's it's one and a half. But still also by the way, Mitch Haniger is going to be missing a significant amount of time, so that certainly hurts that Seattle lineup, but hopefully Julio can pull things together. Anything uh pop for you. I saw you might have put a couple things in off that market. You know.
Speaker 2: I point out too my last two props I have sorry, I dead my headphones. My last two parlay props I've hit where I've given you two and I've gotten both of them this time. I like two strikeout props. There's a couple of hitting ones I like. I'm kind of tempted at George Springer though he had doesn't have a great history against Jordan Montgomery. But the two pitching props I really like. Today Dylan sees strikeouts, it's a pretty big number, seven and a half. It's even money, but I will take the over because he's a strikeout monster. And Zach Gallon against his former team five and a half over it's minus one eighteen, but it is against the Marlins strikeout Central love the Zach Gallon one and I love the Cease one. Both would be even plays and I would be comfortable putting them together to sprink a little bit on that and see if you can't get some big money.
Speaker 1: Speaking of line movement, stuff like this, Joe Ryan right now, plus six fifty. I know on FanDuel it's kind of the consensus number two. I'm betting pros for Rookie of the Year in the American League. I bet that right now, even if you you know you want to throw fifteen bucks on that, just just bet it now. See if it goes to three to one, then you can fit the spot on it. I'm I think now's the time to get in on that. Yeah, I think it's time to hedge a little bit of the Julio and the Bobby Wick because Joe Ryan's been so good. I've been hesitant, but after April I'm less hesitant. Also, did you notice the cy young American League favorite has changed Welsh over the weekend. I don't know if you know who that is now, but it's justin Verlander plus seven hundred. Remember when he was twenty five to one and we bet him, or at least I bet him, and then I bet him again at thirteen. Now he's seven. If he has another month like this in May, it could be four. I mean, Gosbin's in this conversation is no doubt.
Speaker 2: Gosmin has forty one strikeouts and zero walks on the year, so that's kind of good.
Speaker 1: It is, it's kind of great. But the problem is, you know what this. But he's at plus seven hundred, Gosbin's at plus seven fifty, Bieber's at seven hundred, Coals at seven fifty two, Ceases at plus one thousand. He's not the same name as Verlander. I know it's gonna take so much more for It's gonna take so much more for Gosmin to win it than Verlander coming back. It's a media award, boys and girls, It's a media award. You want a good story, Robby Ray was a good narrative last year. All right, let's get to some of the DFS plays tonight. Pablo Lopez has been unbelievable. He's ten k on DK. I'd go right to that well for cash, for tournament, for anything. He's been so good. He's got a good matchup against Arizona ten and a half over on Fandal, just lock it in. You can go and choose your color with the Mets and the Braves. Here is big series this week. Bassett at nine to six on DK, Freed at nine to three on DK, over on FanDuel, you got Freed at nine point six Basset at ten. You can kind of interchange him if you want on FanDuel take a shot, but this is a four outcome game. I'd rather just go to Pablo Lopez tonight. And in terms of secondary arms, I mean you can go with the Drew Rasmussen at eight point three. I think that's an interesting one too. I think that would be my secondary arm at DK tonight. He's also eight point two if you want to play him in tournaments tonight too. He's had some good starts your game stacks Seattle, Houston, my goodness, stay in that game. The Yankees definitely tonight two. And the Miami Marlins because right now on FanDuel, the Marlins are just straight up cheap. The entire team is cheap. Lopez is good. I know you like Gallan, I don't care. I'm gonna try for the Marlins because they're just cheap. Or a Polanco on Fandal two nine, Kepler two eight for the Twinkies, Adam Frazier also for the Marrow for the excuse me, for the Mariners two point seven over on DraftKings, Max Kepoar three point four and Julio Rodriguez three point seven. So that's what we got so Welsh, where are you going for your home run call tonight? Who you got?
Speaker 2: I am going to go over to Toronto, and I'm not gonna go with Vladimir Gerra Junior. I'm gonna go with Bobaschett. Bobachett, he's got a couple career homers off of Jordan Montgomery has got a pretty good track record as far as what he's done against him, not just homer wise, hitting five hundred, not a huge track record. But I'm gonna go with a little Bobachett tonight to get home run number.
Speaker 1: Five, a little Bobashett, I'd like to get homer number two. I'm gonna go with ty Franz. That's what I'm goeing. I'm just just throwing caution to the wind here. Ty Franz has been really good. Give me some ty France. Uh like the ballpark factor for him tonight against Houston. Oderezi's is a hit machine in terms of giving up hits. So I'm gonna go that right. Bogman's going Goldschmid. I believe if you put this in or if that's from last week, I don't know. I can't imagine put this In, he's not awake yet.
Speaker 2: I mean, you never know. You might have done it last night. You never know.
Speaker 1: I'll leave it there just in case, in perpetuity and Mike Mayor going with Louis Robert tonight, I believe. So there you have it. If you want to make your home run calls, head over to our Discord Fantasypros dot Com slash chat. You can get in on this. Look. I know it seems insurmountable, it is not. Also, I spoke with Blaine. We've confirmed, Uh, the winner of the home run contest this year is going to get a big time prize. We've confirmed what the prize is and has to do with Fernando Tatis Junior. So that's very exciting. So just putting that out there will reveal exactly what it is maybe tomorrow, maybe later in the week. But give out some shirts to you. Yeah. I was about to say that, right, that's the grand prize. It's the grand prize.
Speaker 2: By the way, the chat is pointing out you did not give the what was the trivia question? Because I see Justin just nailed it. Uh no, well a lot of no, No, he did, he did, he did.
Speaker 1: People nailed it a long time ago. I'm sorry. You're right. I got on the train and I never went back. Clayton Kershaw, Tim Linsigam and Max Schuer's are were the three guys from the same first round in six to all win. Say Young's and Sure's her and Kershaw still competing for them and Tim Linsigham. I don't know. Maybe he's playing put puck golf somewhere. I don't know what surfing.
Speaker 2: He's playing, not putt putt little puff puff that's what.
Speaker 1: Always playing puff puff golf. Yeah, you know, ain't another wrong little puff puff golf fall by little put putt golf. To me, that sounds like a heck of a Friday night, like why not? Why not do that? I mean, sure works for me, but that'll do it for us. It's legal in New Jersey, it's legal in Arizona.
Speaker 2: I mean he lives here too. I think he's here, so he's just doing it here.
Speaker 1: Living Doctor Glenn has a good one too. I like this almost like a cameo grand prize as Joey p records a voicemail message in the Brooklyn accident on your voicemail. That's a fun one too.
Speaker 2: I've gotten a few of those myself, not even as a prime I've just gotten a few.
Speaker 1: Of those, so alright, that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time, kids,