Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong in shoe Dy arm Strong and Jetty and now he Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 2: People never gave it out us until now when they finally realize that the chain is being broke. Now cars won't come in, food won't come in, clothing won't come in. You know how many people depend on our jobs.
Speaker 3: Half the world.
Speaker 2: And it's time for them and time for Washington to put so much pressure on them to take care.
Speaker 3: Of us, because we took.
Speaker 2: Care of them, and we're here one hundred and thirty five years and brought tom where they are today.
Speaker 3: And they don't want to share.
Speaker 1: They don't want to share, says the guy who rides around in a Bentley and has a seventy foot yacht, lives in a two movie house, makes about a million dollars a year, and so does his son. We're loving us. Some herald j Daggett around here. The guys that's run how much money he makes on the books? Yeah, that's an excellent point. That's an excellent point. Why are they why what would his entire package be, you know, on paper for everyone to read. He's the president of the International Longshoreman Association. Got the big strike going on tens of thousands of workers the Gulf Coast and the East Coast, costing our economy about five million dollars a day, but it's going to grow over time. There are now sixty some ships parked offshore like happened back during COVID, not able to unload their Their main thing is all the talk in the media is about the salary, because the media is too stupid to ever look into anything. But it's really about the automation. They're trying to fight the ports from modernizing and coming up to speed with all the other major reorts in the world.
Speaker 4: Because exactly, it's not like we're leading the way. It's like we're years behind, which.
Speaker 1: A wildly inefficient I guess we got another clip of our friend Daggett here in what he sounds like.
Speaker 5: Sisters and brothers of the ISLA. I am disgusted to hear the comment South Carolina Governor Henry mcmastus made in his State of the State address in late January attacking labor union in Ila and particularly who the hell does he think he is? He is a disgrace to be representing the citizens of South Carolina, especially my members from the ISLA living and working there. His attacks on the ISLA will not be ignored. ISLA members in the Port of Jarson are among the best compensated workers in the state of South Carolina, and that brins the hell out of the governor. He sits in his all white private country club, surrounded by his cronies, saying he'll go to the gates of Hell to keep unions out. Well, let me tell you he's gonna go to Hell. That's where he's heading.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, there's a lot there. I can't believe there are whispers about mob ties with this guy. He doesn't sound like a mobster in particularly.
Speaker 4: Right, And a guy driving a Bentley worth many, many millions of dollars with a seventy six foot yacht bitching about a guy in a country club.
Speaker 1: I mean, right, right, that's too much. It is something. Although, as I mentioned, I noticed they made the turn on Fox from being kind of where we are right now. Yesterday when I was watching Fox, he got a modern I mean, the technology exists to do this faster and cheaper. Of course, the companies are going to do it, just like they have everywhere else in the world. We can't fall behind China hanging on to, you know, outdated manpower just because it's good for the worker. They made the switch somehow. I don't know who complained or what, or they noticed Trump's language or whatever, but today it was way more. These are hard working people who deserve their cut of the all the gazillions of dollars of these shipping companies are making.
Speaker 4: That's an interesting theory of labor. It doesn't square with like all known economic truth. I mean, look, there's a lot here. Number one, the economics of it. Your labor is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If you want to unionize, that's fine, that's legal. But the idea that if you are a say you know, a paper pusher for some company that makes enormous profits, you therefore, as somebody with sixty thousand dollars worth of skills, how to be making four hundred thousand dollars a year just because your company is profitable, is it?
Speaker 1: It ignores the realities of economics.
Speaker 4: Your labor is worth what it's worth the point at which somebody is willing to pay for your skills and you are willing to sell your skills.
Speaker 1: That's what your labor is worth. It just has always been true, always will be true.
Speaker 4: And so the union boss there is making some pretty, you know, just silly arguments.
Speaker 1: Well that's what doesn't work that way. Yeah, and that's great, and on an individual basis, of course, that makes perfectly good sense. I'm worried about the United States competing against China and the rest of the world and being like every uh, fading empire has been in history, where they just try to hang on to the past and get eclipsed by hungry or smarter, more nimble countries out there. Correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's interesting, Getting back to your observation that Fox News has changed its tune in the last twenty four hours, that is really interesting. Predictably, old Joe Biden says now is not the time for ocean carriers or refuse to negotiate a fair wage for these essential workers while ranking in record profits. So I guess a fifty percent wage increase over the next six years is not a fair wage. And a lot of these guys make a lot of money for not even showing up. They get money whether they work or not. And all the union bosses make money for doing nothing or whatever. So yeah, the idea that somehow a moral issue is hilarious to me. Now, Don Trump interestingly saying American workers should be able to negotiate for better wages, especially since the shipping companies are mostly foreign flag vessels.
Speaker 1: That's the he's the Republican candidate for president. He is.
Speaker 4: Indeed, Yes, the reason most ocean carriers are foreign is because union work rules haveered have rendered the US shipbuilding and shipping industries uncompetitive globally. It's killed the American shipping and shipbuilding industry, which is going to which is a serious danger for our military preparedness. I would say as an aside, but Jack and I were chatting during the break about what is this? Is this the populisms, you know, siding with the workers or what. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It might be siding with.
Speaker 4: The working man over the big corporation, or it might be that Donald J. Trump, for the entirety of his career, has been dealing with mob connected unions in New York City. You can't get cement poured in New York City without brushing up against somebody who knows somebody.
Speaker 1: Forget about it, mob connected. How's the heck of a thing to throw around? Are you saying, my man Daggett might be tied into organized crime?
Speaker 4: Well, the federal government certainly thinks so, and he's been acquitted.
Speaker 1: What did he say there? And particularly in particularly? I got some friends in particularly. How do you spell that anyway? So I will you, I will cripple you. And you have no idea what that means. Nobody does, he said in an interview a couple of weeks ago, according to The Wall Street Journal, I will cripple you. And oh yeah, Taft Hartley. That's where the President could step in and use the Taft Hartly Act and say he got to go back to work. There's a national economies at stake, national securities at stake, So you got to go back to work while we try to, you know, come to an agreement. But Biden said he's not gonna do it. But old Daggett said the other day, I'm putting Taft Hardly on you. Go ahead. You know what Taft Hartly means. I gotta go back to work. Oh yeah, you know what's gonna happen. My guys who used to move thirty Krate's gonna move eight crates, so they're gonna be like, oh, and then he grabs his neck. They're gonna be like, oh, my neck, hoots, I can't grab a crate now. So he's just saying they're all gonna pretend to be hurt if they do, if they enact the taft hard.
Speaker 4: We're just a slow down a tome honored technique, we will cripple you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So this guy's been accused by the authorities of mob ties several times, you know five. He stood trial in Brooklyn on fraud charges alongside another ILA official and an alleged mobster who is accused of steering union benefit contracts to firms that paid kickbackstore crime witnessed. His witnesses testified under oath that Daggett was elevated through the ILA because the MO by the mob because he was an associate of one of the big crime families. Daggett denied it. He said, yea, he is afraid of the crime families. He avoids them.
Speaker 1: Seem pretty clear to me it's because he's a compelling orator.
Speaker 5: Well, let me tell you he's gonna go to hell Gotsch where he's heading.
Speaker 1: The three defendants were acquitted.
Speaker 4: Oddly, Lawrence Ricci, the defendant alleged to be a Genevie's crime family member, went missing during the trial, disappeared mid trial, and was later found partially decomposed in the trunk of a car outside the Huck Finn Diner in Union, New Jersey.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: That is absolutely unbelievable. And the point you made yesterday, I think is important that they feel so untouchable. That he's not trying to hide his wealth. He has a giant yacht and rides around in a Bentley. That's not you know, you're trying to hang onto the money and just come off as a regular working class guy just trying to make a living. No, you don't think anybody can touch you when you're being that ostentatious with your lifestyle.
Speaker 4: Guys, maybe we can actually find the audio of this. This is my favorite Daggett quote. He was leaving the cargo terminal in New Jersey the other morning and he suggested that he and the ILA are digging in for a lengthy showdown, and a reporter said, how.
Speaker 1: Long do you think it's likely to last? And he said, I.
Speaker 4: Don't have an f in crystal ball between my legs, but it will last very long.
Speaker 1: I would tell you that.
Speaker 4: Efen crystal ball between my legs, and particularly not like on a shelf er back at home, or why would you keep a crystal ball between your legs? Do you think Dagget himself has ever thrown a punch or swung an axe handle in a over the years. He is a very strong, tough looking old guy. It would not shock me.
Speaker 1: His language indicates he might be the sort of person that at least has threatened, if not actually been the the hammer.
Speaker 4: That had had gold Lawrence Ricci, but he was found partially decomposed in a trunk in particularly in particularly, we will cripple you.
Speaker 1: Oh my neck? You want to do taft hardly? Oh my neck? This is not gonna help Kamala Harris a bit. Well, that's that's my big thing is if this grows, and it's gonna grow fast. I mean you can feel the heat getting turned up just three days in. What's it gonna feel like a week or two from now, when you got hundreds of ships parked off the coast. It's on the evening news every single night. Candidates are gonna have to take a real strong position one way or the other, and I don't know how the public's gonna react to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just for the record, I got nothing but sympathy for people whose jobs and careers are vanishing because of technical logical change. There's a hell of a lot of us that describes and be more in the future. But you can't cripple the economy anyway. Have you ever felt a sense of unease when you leave home, wondering if everything will be safe you're away. The folks that's Simply Safe know you have, and that's why they've designed the best home security system around and the most economical too. It's incredibly inexpensive to have this fabulous fast Protect monitoring and liveguard protection.
Speaker 1: It's less than a buck a day. Now, is your home ever gonna get robbed on? An out of a crystal ball between my legs?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: You're much less likely to have any problems at your home if you've got the whole simply Safe system set up like I do. I know it makes me feel a lot more comfortable when I drive away the fast Protect monitoring system. And how about the fact that it's a dollar a day, no hidden fees and no contract. That's how confident they are you're gonna like it and stick with it.
Speaker 4: Easy to install, activate your simply Safe system in less than an hour, or you can choose professional installation, have a pro to do it for it.
Speaker 1: It's very easy either way.
Speaker 4: Protect your home with fifty percent off a new simply Safe system plus a free indoor security camera when you sign up for fast Protect monitoring. Just visit simply safe dot com, slash armstrong. That's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply Safe.
Speaker 1: And once again quickly. One of the things they're arguing for the Longshorreman is not replacing with modern technology people that stand there with a clipboard making a lot of money and writing down the license plates of the trucks that come in. Right now, they have human beings do it instead of have just a license plate reader that you could get for very cheap and it'd be free after that. Because they don't want to lose the workers. Well, that's just you're just fighting against the ocean there the tide. Ironically, they know it's the last deal they're going to get before things really change, So I guess you swing for the fences. Speaking of swing for the fences, I want to mention a thing from the baseball playoffs. No, we got a whole bunch of other stuff on the ways. Stay here, you can't see this.
Speaker 6: California just and as that they're banning sell buy and best before food labels. Yeah, they prefer everyone to use the more scientific method of going up to your spouse and saying does this smell right to you?
Speaker 1: And that's what I like to do it. So what's what's the story on that? It seems like California would be the opposite of that, they'd be more strict as opposed to get rid of them. What's the story, Katie?
Speaker 7: Well, so they're getting rid of the cell buy and best before because they can be misleading, and they're going they're going to be replaced by two different labels, one best if used by, which will show when food is at its best quality, okay, and then a used by label to show when food is no longer safe to eat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a real leaf forward, right, just a heads up.
Speaker 1: It won't apply to eggs, beer and other malt drinks. Why wouldn't it? Okay? But I well, I don't know how well you can nail down at what point something becomes not safe to eat. The companies that make the food mostly have an interest in making it seem like you got to buy new all the time because they stocked shelves. Yeah, and or your fridge. Yeah, so the whole best buy, Like this cracker will taste better if you eat it next week, but it's still be fine in a month. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: And if I'm drunk, it'll be even better. I mean in another month it'll be fine. So sliding scale the goal.
Speaker 7: The goal is to cut down on food waste, and because it's California, reduce harmful emissions that contribute to climate change.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, with the climate change. You know, I knew it would edit through it be ridiculous. Yeah, bringing back once again, at risk of being punched in the face the vice presidential debate the other night. Oh, I had missed this too until I heard smarter commentators commenting on it, So you got what's going on in North Carolina. And the day of the debate was a particularly bad day when we found out there were hundreds more people dead than they realized and lots of people missing, and really good reason to presume that they are dead. Also, I mean, it's just a horrifying tragedy right in the midst of it, and they bring it up, and they don't talk about the government's response or you know, whether it's enough for all the different things around the immediacy of the tragedy. They go to global climate change and what you would do as president. Yeah, that's just freaking nuts. It is nuts, and it's not the way any normal human beings are, especially in the midst of the crisis. I think it's nuts if it were two months later. But the day that it's happening, you're not talking about federal response and is it enough or two much, or how we should deal with it, or what you would do, or what are your experiences, what had you done in Minnesota dealing with various disasters or as a vice president Biden administration not. They go right to climate change, the giant overarching will unfold over centuries and there's nothing we can do about it. What are you going to do in your couple of years as president bs Two interesting things I learned about this, one political. A lot of those counties that are decimated are red counties in a purple state in North Carolina, and if those people don't get out and vote, that could hurt Republicans and Trump obviously in North Carolina, less so in some of the other states. But that could be a big deal because they don't know where their absentee ballot is. They can't find their house, and you know, whether they'll be able to organize the election and the polls and the rest of it in the normal ways is up in the air. Interesting, you don't think it would go the other direction where they'd be more motivated to figure out how to vote. Probably Republican. I don't know why. Well, if they have no house, so they might be depends on their view, depends on their view of the response, if they feel like the response wasn't good enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's a factor. But they just they don't even know if they could administer the elections. Certainly wouldn't be top of your right now. No, no, And again it's about just the logistics. These towns don't exist anymore, so how are they going to hold the vote? That in the Brown Ocean? I want to talk about that. Insanity may be prevailing in women's sports.
Speaker 1: Stay with us, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 8: At my National Park delay the reveal of its annual fat Bear Weak Bracket after one bear killed another and it was live streamed on explored dot org. Well, I'm not surprised you keep calling them fat on the internet. Someone was bound a snap.
Speaker 1: I get it. The dangers of social media, Joe.
Speaker 4: The dangers of being a bear, wild beasts, toothclaw, etc.
Speaker 1: So you can go on. I've never done this, So Katie, you said you did this yesterday. You can go on and watch just live cameras of fat bears walking around.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we actually have it linked at Armstrong and getty dot com.
Speaker 1: And then do people vote or who determines which bear is the cutest or fattest or.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a there's a voting. It's all on a website. So they have the voting and the webcams and.
Speaker 1: You get the whole, the whole fat bear package.
Speaker 4: The webcams are actually quite interesting because you see the bears fishing for salmon and so it's both beautiful and amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh my son would love this. Okay, until there's a murder that's less beautiful, killing each other. Yeah, well they are bears.
Speaker 4: The bears are who we thought they were right, So speaking of unpleasantness and what I.
Speaker 1: Say, Oh, but I'd rather run into a bear if I'm instead of a man exactly.
Speaker 4: Speaking of that sort of idiotic notion, that sort of attitude, It's time for a campus madness update, Campa campus madness.
Speaker 1: There it is right there.
Speaker 2: I heard it.
Speaker 1: I had forgotten that stupid thing that was born on the campuses. I'm sure the idea that a woman is better off running into a bear in the woods than a man. What what you know?
Speaker 4: What is happening to our culture? As the bear is gnawing on your liver? If you said you could be as so kind as to, perhaps in your own blood, write a note of apology to men everywhere I would appreciate.
Speaker 1: Or how stupid that was just stupid, unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Let's start the campus mad in this update with some good news.
Speaker 1: Michael, make that music go away. It's so slow and maudlin. Anyway.
Speaker 4: A fourth school, the second in as many days and third time in a week, a woman's volleyball team has said, we're not playing San Jose State. With the dude spiking the ball at eighty miles per hour, we are out.
Speaker 1: The undefeated San Jose State Spartans nine to Oho and now three teams in a row have forfeited because they figured out they got a guy on their team, their female team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, indeed, and this is a total of four teams. Now Utah State joined Boise State, Southern Utah in Wyoming in canceling matches against San Jose and an apparent protest of NCAA rules allowing transgender women that means dudes to compete in women's sports.
Speaker 1: No men in women's sports period.
Speaker 4: I don't care what you dress like, I don't care what sort of hormones you're take in your dude, you don't get to play with the girls in sports. So good for you. Once again that gallery of the courageous. And you know the gals on the teams are driving this and they're sticking their necks out. Utah State, Boise State, Southern Utah, and Wyoming. Way to go, moving along. Another victory speaking of the southwest of the United States.
Speaker 1: Big victory.
Speaker 4: The other day, the University of New Mexico was issued a preliminary injunction by federal court judge because they'd been in posing hefty security fees on any events held by conservative students. Right the university had put a winking, warm arm around the shoulders of the Heckler's veto crowd and said, yes, yes, when conservatives speak, things get out of hand, and so yes, you've got to pay a five thousand dollars feet have Rightley Gains come and speak to.
Speaker 1: You and speak of women's rights. One, it's overblown most of the time. And then two, if there is a problem, it's because your site is violent. So why is that our problem? Yeah, exactly, exactly, and.
Speaker 4: It's it's allowing Nazis to cancel any Jewish event or you know whatever. You know, rapists to cancel a women's safety event because they don't appreciate the safety, so they're gonna riot and break some windows and stuff. So well, I'm sorry, any women's rights events will have to pay a hefty fee because you know, the rapists are unhappy about it.
Speaker 1: That is sick, it's weird, it's clever, and it has worked for years. It's evil and it's working for years. I mean, how many people have been canceled at Berkeley for instances down the road here over that claim the security would just be too expensive. We can't, we can't to ensure their security.
Speaker 3: Because your side's nuts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cowardly, cowardly Standford the same, moving swiftly here again or over to California. This is a great piece written for the Wall Street Journal by a Jewish fellow who emigrated from the Soviet Union and is a patriotic American, loves America. And he says, man, a lot of this anti Israel stuff, anti jew stuff is straight out of the Soviet Union anti Semitism. He said, it's so recognizable. The Jews go back to your Israel has been replaced with Jews go back to Poland, using Zionist as a derogatory term.
Speaker 1: And then he talks.
Speaker 4: About Clairmont Colleges in California, where he teaches the associated students of Pomona College. The school's student government had on its table booklets titled mask Up, We Need You, Palestinian Solidarity COVID nineteen and the Struggle for Liberation.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're like, wait, wait what, Yeah, I'll get to that.
Speaker 4: And this is the whole intersectionality, neo Marxist thing, every single annoyed person ought to join together in the overthrow of humanity, even when it doesn't make sense. Queers for Palestine. You know that sort of thing. But so this group seven c Staff for Justice and Palestine have a text pushing a conspiracy theory reminiscent of the Doctor's plot in the Soviet Union. It's an old thing, look it up, implying that the US and Israel purposefully see if you can follow this used COVID nineteen to commit a eugenics based genocide against Palestinians, minorities, and disabled people. The pamphlets warned that quote, Zionists and eugenicists rely on you to be poorly informed to follow for their simplified decontextualized, revisionist, racist and ablest takes.
Speaker 1: That's what they're teaching on her universities. Money well spent. There's more.
Speaker 4: The new editor of the Stanford Oh what is the name of this Stanford Review, which is the dissenting, sane conservative newspaper on the Stanford campus.
Speaker 1: This woman, this young woman is brilliant and brave. She is a hero. But she talks.
Speaker 4: About how Stanford Review is founded in the eighties because their peers demanded the end of the Western civilization program that taught authors like Aristotle and Dante, and they chanted, hey, hey, ho ho, Western culture has got to go. Stanford Cancer canceled Western Civilization, and now it's in its iteration of a class just called college that is like John Belushi. That was parody, but now it's Stanford only it only requires students to read articles instead of books, and is graded on completion, not hard work, comprehension, or excellence. The inmates have taken over the asylum. She writes really good stuff. We'll post links at Armstrong and getty dot com. I don't know how many years you'd have to go back.
Speaker 1: It's not very many years, but it would have been unimaginable that you would cancel Western civ Classes from colleges because you thought Western civilization was so evil it shouldn't even be taught. I mean you wouldn't have to go back many years a decade. Certainly you go back twenty thirty years ago, it would be just nuts, even on college campuses, not just seen as incorrect, but as looney tunes because it is right. Wow.
Speaker 4: We talked a little bit about the UH emotion professor Amy wax at Penn. One of the things she's accused of. This is hilarious. In the Age of DEI right where you're entirely defined by your race, the color of your skin. She was accused of making sweeping generalizations about groups by race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, immigration status. That is the very thing that DEI is based on. They're firing conservative professors for. Here's another example of what hypocrites and liars these people are. So Columbia University finally cranked out a report about the anti Semitism on campus, and a bunch of radical teachers, staffers, professors, faculties I'm looking for published an angry response to it, saying that one of the big flaws was that it contributes to a hospitle narrative about Columbia. It's marked by conspicuous, neglectful omissions of context and climate. It conflates feelings with facts, so it said the idea of your feelings are hurt or you feel threatened, that's not a fact. We don't have to react to that. That's the DEI progressive crowd saying that, Who've spent the last couple of decades telling us if you say something completely innocent but somebody thinks it's racist, you're a racist. People are such hypocrites. And finally, a profile and cowardice. For the last seven years, New York State Writers Institute held an annual book festival at the University of Albany. Notable authors come together and discuss big ideas. But this year the festival was disrupted because two authors refuse to discuss their books with the panels moderator. Why because she is a Zionist. Alyssa Albert, forty six year old progressive feminist author whose novels are dark comedies about subjects like modern motherhood and fame. She'd agreed to moderate the panel months earlier, was really looking forward to it, but then it turns out that she is a Jew, and so the other panelists or the author said, we don't want to be on a panel with a Zionist. Not to sugarcoat this or taken by surprise. Wow, we can't appear with a Zionist.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: There's another thing that you wouldn't have to go back many years where it would have just seemed nuts that somebody would get canceled from any sort of writer's gathering because they were Jewish, only because they're Jewish. Yeah, let's go ahead and state it as it is.
Speaker 4: Aisha abdel Gowad, a Muslim writer in her mid thirties, and Lisa Coe, whose first book was now nomine in for a National Book Award, wouldn't share the stage with a Jew who supports Israel. Won't be on stage with Jews again. That's Ayisha Gwad and Lisa Coe.
Speaker 1: Wow, weird times, man. That's troubling. It's extremely troubling, and that one is not receding anytime soon. I don't think, Oh.
Speaker 4: No, our college campuses are I mean, eighty percent of the faculty agree with it, or even if it's sixty percent, twenty five percent are too terrified to say anything, and fifteen percent disagree with it.
Speaker 1: They're so diseased. Oh, I'm not sure there's any curing. Well, like your first campus madness story, it would seem that the tide is turned on the whole women's women men dominating women's sports thing. It would seem the tide has turned on that, but not on this whole canceling Jews thing that has not yet.
Speaker 4: No, No, and anti Zionism as the polite face of anti Semitism is an old, old dodge.
Speaker 1: I need to pick a baseball team to root for for the playoffs. As we're getting past the wild card rounds. I think I'm going to go with the Detroit Tigers, one of the lowest payrolls in all of baseball. Who knocked off the Houston Astros, who I usually root for last night? And move on, kindwagon jumper, folks, he's a fake fan. I love low pay roll teams always have. That's just that's fun when they when they get they get a chance to roll on. And baseball man more than practically any sport. You just got to make the playoffs than anything can happen. You get hot and get on a roll. Doesn't matter if the team you're up against one hundred games, who cares.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially if you have the pitching. You've got a couple of two tree pitchers who are really hot.
Speaker 1: Yep. Got some interesting political stuff you might want to know about. Not boring. Promise you promise you not dull, boring, normal cable news sort of stuff about the presidential rays and other things. All the way.
Speaker 3: Stay here, meet the mini move right now.
Speaker 9: The Erth's gravitational pull is playing host to something we traditionally find a little scary.
Speaker 3: An asteroid scientists see it.
Speaker 9: Swung by got caught up in our gravity and we'll spend about the next sixty days orbiting the planet. And no, there's no need to fear. They're not kidding about the mini part. The asteroid, affectionately named twenty twenty four PT five, is literally thirty three feet long, about the size of your average school bus.
Speaker 3: It's too small and too dark for most of us to glimbs.
Speaker 1: Oh, so the mini moon is going to be orbiting the Earth. So I for some reason, I was picturing it up by the moon, but I don't know how I got that in my head. So it's completely separate from the Moon. It's just an asteroid or okay, and we won't be able to see it. Okay, So it's really nothing. It's a junior moon. There you go. And there's no chance it's going to crash into the Earth and kill us all or anything like that. No, there's always a chance.
Speaker 4: Like one of our emailers said, some DEI hire might have failed to carry the one. It's in fact headed directly toward Manhattan.
Speaker 1: Some DEI higher did the math wrong. Hilarious, Yeah, quotas instead of excellence. Yes, I haven't heard this. I guess this is a lefty journalists in a Monta having to admit that Vance beat Walls in the debate the other night.
Speaker 4: Vance clearly, I think it needs to be said, clearly, the more experienced debater, so JD.
Speaker 1: Vance, came to this debate to land a bunch of punches, and he did. And the thing that really stood out to me was that Tim Walls did not seem prepared for it.
Speaker 10: I think the lack of interviews that he has done with national media, with local media, it showed he needed more racial and two issues driving the campaign right now are Harris has a big deficit of the economy, Harris has a big deficit of immigration. And Republicans were happy tonight and Democrats a little bit nervous that on those two issues Vance carried it.
Speaker 1: I mean it's pretty clear Vance outclassed Walls tonight. I mean I was watching this and all I could think of was man Walls as so went over his head. Wow, that's interesting. I hadn't heard all those responses and I recognized the voice of most of those people, and they're.
Speaker 4: Not predisposed to feel that way. Yeah, you've said for years and it's a truism. At this point, the whole question of who won the debate is such a dopey way to look at it. Did either candidate solidify or grow or support? Did anybody weaken their support? If Vance quote unquote one for his folks better than Waltz one for his folks, well, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Both their approval ratings went up, according to Pole, so they may have both helped their own positions. I'm confused as to how Walls's approval rating went up, even among people who liked him to start with. But anyway, I wanted to get this confused by that too. From the Wide World of News newsletter today, there are three post debate stories on Tim Walls from The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and Political, all suggesting the Minnesotan's debate performance reflects some previously known flaws that the dominant media is now more ready to examine about his fish tails and making up his stories, his skill set, and his value to the campaign. As he gets ready to do the sixty minutes interview for this weekend, I think other interviews, and he's going to do a late night comedy turn, so he's going to go on all the late night shows Walls is so I haven't read these stories in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Politico, suggesting that there's a little nervousness that the guy might not have the talent to pull all this off, which I'd say was evident the other night. I don't know how he'll do on the late night shows. I mean they'll they'll they'll give him all, they'll give him every you know, assist they can to try and make it better. Also, this from Mark Calpern, who's pretty good at this sort of stuff. He said my spidey sense says that the stories about the past an alleged past of Doug am Hoff, Kamala Harris's husband, have a few more chapters to inferral at least, so he must be hearing some whispers out there that this him slapping his ex girlfriend. Uh, there's more of these coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's it's not directly relevant to the race, but it just is an ugly.
Speaker 1: Well it's an it's an ugly reality.
Speaker 4: And if Kamala Harris is with a guy not only impregnated his kids nanny and then they didn't keep the baby, whether it was aborted or whatever, I think most people think that then he slapped his girlfriend. I just what sort of great feminist leaders with a guy like that.
Speaker 1: Well, and if there's a couple of more that are in that realm, yeah, that'd be pretty damaging. I think Armstrong and Getty