Speaker 1: My name is Clay Nukleman. This is a production of the bear Grease podcast called The Bear Grease Render, where we render down, dive deeper, and look behind the scenes of the actual bear Grease podcast, presented by f h F Gear, American made purpose built hunting and fishing gear that's designed to be as rugged as the place as we explore. Welcome to the Bear Grease Render Podcast. It's great to see.
Speaker 2: Everyone is Do you really feel that way?
Speaker 1: Man? I feel like I have an audience. The people are set before I am. If if this, if the people were a triangle, I would be at the at the point of the top of the triangle. The people would be set out in front of me as if in an auditorium. Gary Nuclem would be one point, Colby would be the other point. People, very good discretion.
Speaker 3: Are you trying to say you're at the peak of the Just.
Speaker 4: Before we started this episode, Just before we started this episode, just before we started this episode, I said that I have a lot of stuff to talk about, so y'all may not get to talk very much.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to a month.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: We have a very very great group of guests here Colby Morehead Magazine is here since you've been on, great to have you. So, if you're new to the podcast, if you're new to The Beggars World, Colby Moore Head, he and I worked together when I had Bear Hunting Magazine. Now Colby owns Operates Magazine. The World acquired Bear Hunting Magazine. Yeah, that's the way we say it in the business. That's why, like Donald Trump would say.
Speaker 2: I acquired a business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just means you're rich and fatt and wealthy when you say acquired and don't say bye. So Kobe acquired Bear Hunting Magazine, but.
Speaker 5: I received it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of a lot of people. You know, there's a lot of ways to get wealthy in this country, and one of them is uh, print magazine about extremely niche content, right, Goby Off Ah, Well, no, Bear Hunting Magazine. I had it for eight years and it's a big passion of my life and a very incredible near decade of my life. Only print Bear Hunting Magazine the World been in print for twenty three years, got covers bear huntings all across the country. Don't DM me and ask me for bear hunting tactics, because I will say the same thing I say all the time, Kolbe, what do you think I.
Speaker 5: Tell them info at bear Hufen Hunting dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now I say, hey, man, for real, you should subscribe to bear Hunting magazine because there's always going to be you know, I always used to tell people one single issue is not going to teach you how to bear hunt. But if you subscribe to it for a year, you're going to learn a lot everything you need to know to take a bear everything.
Speaker 5: Plus it looks good.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's great.
Speaker 1: Get a print magazine. So Kolbe's here, Doctor Misty Nukeom is here, Thank you so much for being here. Has some really cool shoes on. Those are the trendiest shoes and Newkeom's ever own.
Speaker 6: Probably they probably are. Like when I put them on, I thought this is maybe too much for.
Speaker 2: I just kind of.
Speaker 1: Pudding colored pair of Nike tennis shoes.
Speaker 5: I think those you dropped the night. Yeah they're classy.
Speaker 6: Okay, I've started running again, and you know they say, you you run better if you.
Speaker 1: Feel good about yourself, if you.
Speaker 3: Have close shoes.
Speaker 1: That's what they say. To Misty's left is Christy the land Bridge Spillmaker, Christy Missus Landbridge Spillmaker.
Speaker 2: Great, wonderful shoes on.
Speaker 1: It's like a Nike.
Speaker 6: Commercial picture here, Christie.
Speaker 1: Great to have you. Christy, you're pretty pumped about the Alaska episode we're going to talk about.
Speaker 7: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: So if you're if.
Speaker 1: You're new to the Bear Grease Surrender, we are going to talk about our last episode, which was a Alaska Stories episode, which was a new thing we've never done, which is a something I'm very interested in Alaska. To Missus land Bridge left, it's mister Landbridge, Josh Lambridge Spillmaker.
Speaker 2: Hello, good to see you.
Speaker 1: Josh. You're looking You're looking, You're looking.
Speaker 2: Spry like thank you. Been out on the river a lot lately. Fish biting good, It's it's I actually learned something the other day that I wasn't I was not aware of. I had a guide friend tell me a few months ago and he said, he said, you know when the when there's a full moon, he said, the fish won't bite. And I that had just blown through my memory and not even thought about it. And I went out with a good buddy of mine the other the other night, and uh, he's as good or better a fisherman than I am. And we put our lines in the water and we just expected to just tear it up. Went out after work and we fished for nearly three hours and didn't get a single bite. And then on the way like we went home with our tail between our legs. I caught one fish. I got one, but it was right.
Speaker 1: Did you try casting you're flying the other side of the boat.
Speaker 2: I tried casting everything, okay, So on the way home, I look up and I realize it's that it's that mega, that blue supermoon. And I went home and started doing some research and sure enough it severely effect.
Speaker 1: Get me started on supermoons. You've done it. What I think the whole Superman I have seen. I'm a young man, okay by this mini standards, and I have seen at least ten once in a lifetime supermoons. I mean, does the media in the world not hype up these supermoons like it's something you're never going to see the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: When you were a kid.
Speaker 5: Our final guest, Gary Believer, welcome back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did they talk about Superman you're a kid?
Speaker 8: Were upfront, honest, legitimate, They were just moving with folks just make stuff up.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 3: This is nonsense. This is something you should be behind.
Speaker 2: This is something this well, listen, I think there's a.
Speaker 3: Supermoon party, just so y'all know we're different here.
Speaker 6: And I literally invited people to meet me at a park to watch it. This, this special supermoon face timed everyone in my family so that we could all.
Speaker 1: See see it. And then there's the other thing is that the moon never looks as good in a video or photo.
Speaker 2: I will be looking at some incredible moon. Oh look at that white dot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know so, Dad. Dad used to tell me when we would be out and about and looking at land or whatever, and you would think, when you're in the mountains, everybody talks about views like a land and a house. Does it have a view? Is it beautiful? Is it aesthetically pleasing? And what would you used to say, Dad, when you remember a kid.
Speaker 8: We didn't have enough money to think about a view, that's right.
Speaker 2: We wanted a roof. Actually that's not true, but I mean we weren't. We have a lot of money.
Speaker 8: Well, but views just wasn't I mean, it wasn't a big deal, right. We wanted to be able to see our next meal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, no, it made a lot of sense when you said that to me when I was young. Is that there was a time when aesthetics were not as big a deal. I mean people literally coming out of World War Two. Yeah, views the world is enamored with all this. You should elash marketing. They've got us around their fingers.
Speaker 3: Ridiculous. It didn't cost anyone anything. This is not a consumer thing.
Speaker 2: This, the supermoon is a conspiracy. It's conspira Maslow's model.
Speaker 8: We've put We've climbed that pyramid to the point where we.
Speaker 2: About this.
Speaker 8: And Judy said, hey, the supermoon is going on outside. And I didn't tell her, but.
Speaker 2: I like gun smoke better.
Speaker 8: But I went outside and I looked, and I thought, it looks like the same moon I say every night, maybe a little bigger.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure though that I missed.
Speaker 1: I'm joking. I love the Superman. I'm just saying I feel like there's a lot of drama around the supermoon. But that brings me to my next segment of the podcast.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a monologue.
Speaker 1: Moon's Oh. Josh was talking about catch a fish with the Moon also children. I have spent forty three years studying the moon and people's people's reaction to it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I probably became aware of it when I was like twelve thirteen about how the moon affects everything. My best friends in high school, Nick Ram Cunningham, he his father owned a body shop, and I remember them saying when it's a I mean they they say it as if it's fact. When the full moon is out, business will be good because people will have rex.
Speaker 7: There was you know why, because they're looking at the moon.
Speaker 1: Well, that's just it.
Speaker 7: Why we don't know why?
Speaker 1: Why in.
Speaker 8: Banking you had crazy people come in and want to borrow money.
Speaker 3: A full moon in school?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: No, I'm serious. It's very serious.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean, I mean you'd get loan requests that it's just out, you know, it just wouldn't it, Okay.
Speaker 6: And they've been in schools that on full moons it's going to be a struggle.
Speaker 3: And when the full.
Speaker 6: Moon and Halloween hit or any holiday that includes a lot of candy, your next day is going to be awful. You're youre's just going to be a difficult it like.
Speaker 2: It for self fulfilling prophet.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's I don't think so.
Speaker 6: One time, so I get these discipline reports, and this is why I don't think it is h I get these discipline reports, and We've.
Speaker 2: Been studying my whole life.
Speaker 3: I've been studying.
Speaker 6: One time I got a discipline report and I was like, what on earth is going on? And someone just kind of randomly it was like out of this world. And someone said, hey, is it a full moon? And we looked and sure enough it was. That has happened to me over and over and over again, where you have these crazy It's like I tell my kids, I'm not superstitious, I.
Speaker 3: Am a little.
Speaker 1: Well, there's no doubt that the moon affects wildlife. I mean, there's just no debate about it. But in white tailed deer research, there's a lot of new studies that because white tailed deer hunters have very strong philosophies about the moon, including me, and the research they show basically the moon doesn't really affect white tailed deer movement really. I mean yeah, I think there's so much of human life that is anecdotal, biased confirmation of just things that we that we think or see. Like so if you're you drive every single night of your life, and stuff happens to you every single night. But when there's a full moon, there's this shining beacon and you remember stuff somehow. It imprints your mind that that happened on a full moon, that happened on a full moon, that happened on a full moon. And and pretty soon when the full moon comes up, you're looking for something bad to happen. Yeah, and it's like a self fulfilling prophecy. I do think there is a legitimate impact on.
Speaker 3: Do you take that dogs hunting on a full No, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't even go.
Speaker 7: And if you don't even know if it could be good, He's.
Speaker 3: Done it and it's worth it.
Speaker 1: I've used the I'm contradicting myself. I mean, I'm telling you what I believe. But deep down, like in the in the my heart and soul, I believe the moon is the most powerful thing. I mean, my brain is like telling me this can't be true. But I've coon hunted with such good dogs night after night after night after night. You turn them loose on a full moon night and just stuff happens.
Speaker 3: They get Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean in the last seven years, I have not coon purposely. If it's a full moon, I'm just like it and I don't even go. But then again, that's a self fulfilling prophecy in a way, because I don't even give it a chance to be good, because maybe every time that I didn't go.
Speaker 2: Brent Reeves talked about this, does he feel the same way?
Speaker 1: Every coon hunter feels the same way.
Speaker 3: By the way, where is print Reeves?
Speaker 2: Does you have a you know what Brent Reeves celebrity?
Speaker 7: Now you're saying, I mean, you've tried to.
Speaker 9: Get on here, you know, just a second, going back to your moon research with the white tail deer, did first Light use this research and the development of their new white tail.
Speaker 1: Gear that well, since you brought it up, very good, first Light first Light does have I mentioned to my team here that I wanted to talk about first Light white tail gear. First Light has made a big, big swing at the white tail world, making full lines of white tail kits, and they even have stuff that's made for people hunting in hot, humid weather in the Southeast. And so it's it's September, it's time you ought to check out first Light for your white tail hunting and first Light has a pattern called Specter. It's designed for tree stand whitetail hunting. A percentage of every sale of Specter goes to a percentage of that sale goes to the National Deer Alliance, So they I don't want to say how much, but I want to say upwards of one hundred thousand dollars has gone to to the NBA from First Light Specter sales.
Speaker 3: Is that publicly knowable information?
Speaker 1: I don't know it is now, I guess, but that brings up another interesting point the National Deer Alliance. Brent reeves he's too famous to be on the beargery surrender anymore, but he's not too famous to go to the premiere of a new documentary film called Wildtail. It's a documentary about the it's called the country's most successful wildlife conservation story and it's a documentary about the whitetail deer. And last night Brent and I went to Little Rock and Brent was the MC of this like sports coat of Brent and I. We thought we were going to like a hunting event, and we show up there and it's like people in like sports coats or DIRVS suits for their dad and surprise, and I told Brent to wear his overalls.
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 1: I was ashamed of him. The first time I've seen him in just like regular pants in a while. But no, Brent MC the event. He did a great job. Our friend Austin Booth was there. Austin Booth, the director of the Game to Fish, introduced everybody. The producer of the film from Florida that made that. They've spent eighteen months making this documentary. Film has an incredible amount of people on it. I would say there's upwards of twenty people. It's a really I like the film. It's a different kind of documentary than I've ever seen in some ways, like the style of it is. Its very fast paced, very information driven, very engaging. It's but it tells the whole story of the American white tail deer and how you know, there used to not be a lot of deer. Now there's more deer than we've ever had since since even pre European settlement. There's more white tail deer. Really, yeah, and so and then the Kip Adams, one of the main guys that the National Deer Association, came in from Pennsylvania and so we all watched the film in this big auditorium and it was really neat. But a cool part of that film, Dad, is that me and Steve Ranella are on it quite a bit.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They interviewed me a year ago here about deer hunting and they did a good job.
Speaker 7: Really you remember that or were you surprised when it came up?
Speaker 1: I knew I remembered it. I did remember it. I didn't remember what I said, but I did remember it.
Speaker 8: So you think they did a good job because they picked you in steak could be confirmation?
Speaker 2: Could just speak completely? Did you watch it and have regrets?
Speaker 1: Was there a full moon last night?
Speaker 8: He did our render boy? Get that gig man? I mean they just heard his voice and said he's a natural. We want him to narrate this thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Could we call him either render Boy or either.
Speaker 2: Name?
Speaker 5: Yeah, render boy.
Speaker 1: He didn't even come up here anymore, Old Brent. That's funny. No, he did a great job.
Speaker 5: Is going to be available to watch elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they're doing a film tour all across the country. Currently, there's five cities that it's going to be in, but they're there. They've got plans for how it's going to roll out and eventually the public would be able to watch it. Great, but it was a good film. It's really well put together, very the style of it was unique.
Speaker 11: I'm I'm taken by Colby based on your question, and Clay got to watch the film last night. Remember earlier he was talking about that triangle. He was like the top of the pyramid and the rest of us or the base.
Speaker 7: So we're the bass.
Speaker 11: The people are going to get to watch that film at some point, Yeah, but not yet.
Speaker 1: Well, at some point, Christy, at some point you can watch it. So that was cool.
Speaker 3: When you have in your hand nude.
Speaker 1: I have a a Phelps acre and grunner in my hands.
Speaker 2: Like a that's like worth ten million dollars. We just can't even get one.
Speaker 1: These went up for sale on phelps website and they sold out in about twenty four hours. They're going to make some more in November, but not very many. The reason that they can't just whip them up is because that that call is made of white oak. One of my buddies, Scott Brown, he bought one and he he called me and it's going to give me a hard time for cutting down white oak trees to make grunt.
Speaker 5: Calls a good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like no, it's it's made of it's made of white oak. And uh so they just only have they only had so much wood. But then mainly the acrylic guts of that call, the actual enters of the call, they have to order that stuff and has to be machined and a quality grunt call there, any kind of quality call is usually going to be acrylic, whether it's a duck call or something. So that's not plastic, that's machined acrylic.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, wow, and uh but.
Speaker 1: This is that inhale exhale call, which yeah, I've talked about.
Speaker 2: Stop taunting. So because we can't get it, well, I'm just saying I wanted to think every America.
Speaker 1: I wanted to thank everybody for for coming to thee.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're how about that coonskin?
Speaker 1: Yes, and we put a coon skin cap on the auction house Meat Eater Auction House of Audities, what's the meat Eater Auction House of Oddities, which is set up to fund They were trying to buy a piece of land that was going to open up public access. And Ryan Callahan leads that this was a they have specific initiatives and they were trying to raise one hundred and fifty thousand dollars, and they raised way more than that. Yeah, way more than that. It's all public knowledge. You could you could look on and see how much they.
Speaker 3: Want for skin.
Speaker 1: For twenty five hundred dollars?
Speaker 2: Did missus Christy wearing it?
Speaker 3: Sorry Christy?
Speaker 2: And I wasn't gonna tell anybody. Yeah that that hat, that's a nice hat. That's somebody's going to barkin.
Speaker 7: Work on a full moon. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: If you could could could get some coons on a full moon, they would be priceless.
Speaker 1: It be worth even more. Yeah, thank you for whoever bought that. Yeah, thank you guys. I mean there was some incredibly generous bids on there. Did you see how much the dinner with Steven went for? Yes, dinner with Steve, dinner for four with Stevello's house twelve k okay, twenty five k more?
Speaker 3: What? This is a game that Barline get to play every day when he.
Speaker 2: I think I saw it.
Speaker 1: I think I saw it for fifty grand. Somebody paid fifty grand for what for Stephen Neill's house, And clearly it was someone who was wanting to make a Yeah, you know it was. It was somebody who who was serious about conservation wanted to make a donation and was just that's what the auction house audities is about, is people being generous for land access and different stuff. So that's really cool when everybody video was really proud. Yeah, I don't know. Better make it good.
Speaker 2: Gold Leaf.
Speaker 1: You remember I had a lot to say on this podcast this week I got to watch.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was able to see in advance of the of the release the movie The Blind about Phil Robertson the Duck Commander.
Speaker 2: Is it like, what's what? Is it like an autobiography?
Speaker 1: It's like a Hollywood movie?
Speaker 2: What do they call it a biopic?
Speaker 6: It's wait, wait, wait, it's a Hollywood movie. Does that mean it's dramatized?
Speaker 1: When when I say Hollywood, I don't mean it was shot in Hollywood. I just mean it is a It is a movie. It's a cinematic, like well done movie that could play on the big screen.
Speaker 3: Is there someone playing Phil that's correct?
Speaker 2: Drama?
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm sure there's drama in that story too.
Speaker 1: I've heard you know, I've never met the Robertsons. I never have, but Phil Robertson's hard not to respect. I mean, he for real is I mean, he's he's the real deal. And then I've heard bits. I'm familiar with their story to some degree. But when you watch the movie, you see how wild it really was. Like Phil Robertson was was was a wild man. He played he had a rough upbringing. You know, it shows all this in the movie. He had a he had a rough upbringing down in Louisiana, and he but but he ended up going to college on a football college scholarship and and and started over Terry.
Speaker 2: Terry, Yeah, he was Terry Bradshaw was the backup court. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so they showed that and then and then Phil doesn't really want to play football and doesn't play his senior year and start it's duck hunting. And but and after that his life kind of spirals, spirals pretty hard and gets involved in some pretty rough stuff. And it shows a lot, it really does it. They were candid on on what they showed. And but then he he well, I don't want to give away the movie, but it's, uh, it was good. I like those guys and it but the movie comes out in late September. I want to say, can somebody look up.
Speaker 7: Look at like on the big screen in the theaters.
Speaker 1: They're screening it in certain cities. But the movie is called The Blind and uh yeah, it's really good, really good. The Robertson's are fils A. He's a he's a man of faith for sure, a believer and they're really strong, outspoken, outspoken believers. September twenty eighth.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cool Robertson.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Well what did you guys think of the Alaska Stories podcast?
Speaker 7: Quite entertaining?
Speaker 2: I like it. Dad, Why don't you?
Speaker 1: Why don't you? Why don't you tell the story that you were going to tell? Okay, me and Dad have a story, yeah, near death experience.
Speaker 8: Uh, we were going to Alaska, Canada, of Alaska, Canada to it when we.
Speaker 2: Do our Canada stories. Why wouldn't that.
Speaker 1: Canada is a wild, wooly place. But you can't have a Canada story. You can't even tell a story here in lie a little bit. You get caught immediately. It doesn't have anything to do that. I'm ninety two years old, my brain's about half right. But we were going to Canada, I guess on your first bear.
Speaker 8: Hunt sort of out of the country, and uh, anyway, we we were on a secondary fly little puddle jumper, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: M h in uh Air Canada all of a sudden, a plane with maybe like thirty people on smart plan.
Speaker 8: It wasn't a little bit of guy. But so I'm I'm just sitting there. I'm on the aisle and claysed next to the window. I noticed he's looking out the window all the time. And finally he says, Dad, there's something wrong. His plane's been circling now several times over around the airport or city or something. And about that time a Stuurartis came on and goes, things aren't going well.
Speaker 1: You are having a nice afternoon for us, an let me let me tell I don't want to hijack your story, but it was interesting. We took off, you know, straight off the runway, and then the plane started the bank, which is common with a plane. You know that they can only go one of two directions on a runway, and if you're going a different direction plane, that's the turn. And so the plane banked and you kind of felt it bank and it just stayed banked for like twenty minutes. They could never huh, And so you know, I was like, but it was it was just it was subtle. Yeah, But I was like, we're going in circles. And after like the second time, I was like, we're circling.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it was it's pretty nat you observed that. And uh so the stewardess came on and you know, she handled it real well. I don't want to scare you all of death, but we're about to die. But she said, look, we've got some problems with our landing gear, and uh this is we're going to take this real serious.
Speaker 2: You know we're not gonna So.
Speaker 8: Would you, young man, would you handle that door? This is what you do? This guy, would you handle this? Get your oxygen down and put your head between your legs. And so she went through the whole deal of how how we were going to handle this crash. I mean, the landing gear wouldn't come down at least one leg of it. And so what I found interesting was here, I am an older guy, I got my family raised, and I'm thinking, well, Lord, make it quick. You know, I don't mind going, but you know, I'd.
Speaker 2: Hate to just suffer real bad.
Speaker 8: But Clay's young, he's got a family, he's got a wife, he's got a lot of responsibilities, so he had a few more prayer requests than I did. And Uh, anyway, how did it end up?
Speaker 2: Well? So we landed this dad and I jumped out.
Speaker 1: The stewardess came on and she told us what was going on, and what it was is that the breaks of the landing gear didn't work okay, and they were anticipating a potential crash on the landing and the stewardess she said, so we are preparing for a crash landing. This is what we would do if there's a crash landing. And I mean it was like it wasn't a drill. And from the time we started our descent.
Speaker 2: Did you is this over where you took off?
Speaker 1: Yes, it was like apparently they took off and everything was okay, and when they went to pull the landing gear back up, it wouldn't pull back up. And I just remember the problem was is that there were no brakes on the landing gear, so you were just going to come in super hot and potentially like burn the rubber off the tires, spark up on the plane. They had fire trucks. So we circle circle forever for probably an hour because they were trying to run the fuel out of the plane, and so they run all the fuel out of the plane and then when we go down to land. But from the time we start to descend that that stewardess that Eric Canada.
Speaker 2: Was taught to yell.
Speaker 1: What did she yell? She eld non stop, like a phrase like.
Speaker 7: Cover your head, watch your feet, We're gonna give you some good deed.
Speaker 2: I don't know what she.
Speaker 1: But but we had our heads down and she's going It wasn't a ratic it was she was screaming something that she was supposed to yell at us, And uh yeah, I mean we really thought this is gonna be a crash landing. We did, and they had fire trucks all down the air strip and uh, I just remember it was just a rough, fast landing. Hey, you know, let me let me add one thing about that trip. I thought it was kind of fun.
Speaker 8: As the daddy, we bear hunted and we couldn't get a bear, and our guide couldn't put us on a bear. And finally Clay said, would it be any problem if I went back to this other pasture we were on And the guy said, well, yeah, you can go back over there within about five minutes he killed a pretty good bear with an amazing shot with his bow.
Speaker 2: So I mean he did his own guide work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a good hunt. That was that bear right up there, us sitting right up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'd seen it. We'd seen a bear out in an oat field the first day and I liked the spot and we were having trouble and we never went back there, and I just had a feeling and I said, hey, take me back over there and just let me out of the truck. And he was like okay, and he pulled me up on the county road and we had permission to hunt this place. And I jumped a barber our fence, ran out into this oat field, came around a corner. There's a bear in the middle of this oatfield, laying on its belly like right at dark, shoveling oats in its mouth. And uh, and I'd been shooting my Matthew's d x T and uh killed a bear.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was a good That was a great trip, thanks dad. Yeah, so that was that was the time we almost crashed.
Speaker 2: Josh.
Speaker 1: If you ever had any near death experiences trying to think in Canada.
Speaker 2: I have not in Canada, man. But I was never much of a daredevil, you know, I didn't. I didn't you know, I didn't drive my car fast and didn't. But one thing I'd love to do that was that was life threatening. And then but we used to, Man, we used to love to jump off bluffs when I was a teenager and we would go to the we would go to the lake and jump off bluffs. But we'd go to the river and jump off bluffs too. And there's a spot that it was like it had a it had a ah. We all called it skull rock because it kind of looked like a like a school. It was forty three feet high, but you had to hit a hole that was about I don't know, maybe ten foot around and when you hit the water, you had to ball up because you would still hit the bottom. And man, we used to do that. It was thrilling to me. But I look back on it now and I'm like, God, that was stupid. Yeah, And we used to swim up in the tunnels against the current that you couldn't turn around and yew, and I just think if the slightest little thing went wrong. But I love being in the water. Back then, and I know you had you had a close call in the water, but man, we we just we loved doing stupid stuff in the water. So I look back and think many of those could have been life threatening, but we.
Speaker 1: Just Christy, have you ever had a near death experience in Canada or Alaska?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I have not anywhere else.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 11: I think the only story I would tell, and really just to make fun of myself, is that there was a summer we were hiking and one of the people with us, I was actually with Clay and mister Newcombe on this hiking trip, screams ahead of us this young girl and finds this huge timber rattler. Do you remember, Yeah, Okay, so Clay Clay identifies it.
Speaker 7: It's a thirty year old you know what.
Speaker 1: It was the biggest timber ratler I've ever seen person really alive, Bigger than that. No, No, I mean I didn't see that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, you didn't see it alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So it was a super intense hike that had like it has the biggest to drop off.
Speaker 3: So you're kind of unnerved anyway, just doing that with kids.
Speaker 7: Right, So we did that.
Speaker 11: Like a month later, we're on a camping trip and we're out with your brother Misty. We walk by there's a rattle snake. I highly respect the rattle snak because it tells you I'm here, get out of my way. So rattlesnake. Like two weeks after that, Josh and I decide to go hiking in Fayetteville. Mount Kestler were up there, and I am terrified of snakes and I've had these two experiences. And I hear this sound it's a gun, and I jump up on a rock and just start screaming.
Speaker 7: And Josh is like for.
Speaker 2: The Lord to help her.
Speaker 11: He's crying out to Jesus in these moments. And I'm on there and I was like snake roll and Josh is just looking at me like I'm insane. And a half a second later, this man was on a mountain bike that is clicking.
Speaker 2: It was hub.
Speaker 11: Triggering PTSD inside of me. Anyway, No, I've not had any near and death experiences.
Speaker 2: That her near death experience was that she was within sixty feet of her timber rattler.
Speaker 6: Well, actually I think her death experience is that she was within sixty feet of a mountain.
Speaker 1: But that was exactly what would you say your nearest death nearest to death experience has been.
Speaker 2: You know, I just hadn't had any safe Vietnam.
Speaker 8: Vietnam, Oh my goodness, Yeah, that would Vietnam. Oh you know, I really wouldn't. I mean, you can anybody can die in Vietnam. But I didn't get put in crazy situations. I was transferred to within just like twenty miles of the DMZ with a bunch of Marines, and uh, my buddy down at middle part of Vietnam called around and had me transferred down to him. And he was getting hit every night and shell.
Speaker 2: In the base, and I was mad at him. Man.
Speaker 8: I mean I got off the plane and started looking for people with uh faded fatigues. I'm thinking, man, you can't survive in fu by uh. And my mother prayed every night for me. And I mean once I stepped in fu By, a rocket never hit for a year. Really, Quang Tree just got that's where you were. That's where I was, the Marines base, right on the DMZ, and it got hit all the time.
Speaker 1: Now, I've never heard you tell that story quite like that, or I don't remember it that tight and concise that.
Speaker 2: Hey, it was serious. I was mad. My best friend.
Speaker 8: In fact, I spent the day with him yesterday in Little Rock and uh.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even hardly speak to him.
Speaker 8: I said, seriously, you've been You've got with your CEO and got me moved down here into a pit. That's chances us getting out of here slim and none in an area rocket hit, not even one.
Speaker 2: You know, So it's pretty it's pretty fun.
Speaker 8: But hey, hey, while we're talking about Vietnam, I wanted to I think I've done this. But the guy when you said thanks to the people that bought that hat made me think of this, the guy that that looked up my old buddy. Yes, I hope he's listening, and uh, we got a hold of him, had a great reunion and probably going to go to Florida and seeing.
Speaker 1: So Dad talked about I mean you had to say his name, didn't it. Yeah, Quinn Quin. Yeah, Dad talked about Quint on one of the podcasts, and Quent was this guy they knew in Vietnam, lost touch with him, thought he was dead. I mean, yeah, he hear that he was dead. They just assumed he was dead and then forty years passes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we looked for him. We looked for him him almost every few years. You know, we we just whatever you need.
Speaker 1: Tod, this buddy that got him into the war zone down there, always wondered what happened to Quint. And I've heard Dad talk about Quint my whole life, and he always says, we figure he's dead. Well, a Bear Grease podcast listener who has some incredible research powers. For real, with his job, he has wink wink, he could know about anything you wanted to know. He Uh, legally, it's not. It's not like an undercover deal. He found Quin reached out to me and said, hey, here's that guy's phone number. Pretty much, Yeah, I love and I think he I can't remember the details it was. It was all within the boundaries of something that was ethical, and he may have even reached out to that lady. I think he reached out to Quin's daughter and said, hey, do you mind if I give your you know this he reach he talked to her because I contacted her first.
Speaker 8: Okay, in fact, I was the one that contacted her, even though Quentin Sears were the really like brothers and uh, anyway, he had a real nice daughter and she was just excited that we'd called her, and yeah, so anyway, it's pretty wild.
Speaker 2: In fact, she just sent a picture of the three of.
Speaker 8: Us sears yesterday. He got it a few days ago he sent me that email one.
Speaker 1: So anyway, thank you, Kobe near death experience.
Speaker 5: I got a couple. You want, longer win or shorter one?
Speaker 1: Well, let's see how good they are? Why don't you great them for me? And great them on the scale of one to ten? How good are they?
Speaker 5: The longer one is the better one? Okay, the shorter and it involves duck hunting. Okay, shorter one is squirrel. Can't wait? No, the long one is squirrel can't shorter win is duck hunt.
Speaker 1: Well, just take us right to the good stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, squirrel camp.
Speaker 10: So growing up, my dad just like knows the river like back and forth, like always on it when I was born, Like, he was a commercial fisherman and so he met a lot of characters. And so at one point in time, every year he would go to squirrel camp. And I was excited. I get to get to leave. Scorely, we're gonna go to squirrel camp. We're gonna camp out with all these guys, this great stuff. But we're mainly just fishing. But we camp out on this bluff on the on the river and they had made this big they constructed this big overhang to put all the tents under that was made with bamboo. And then they show me what happens whenever you put bamboo inside of a fire. You know, it just like pops, real loud. And I'm in like third grade, and so there's this drop off that uh I it was about fifteen feet of a drop off, is kind of like a pre steep grade. And so that night there was a fire about six feet from that drop off. All the guys, the grown guys were over here over here talking and so I'm just throwing bamboo in there, and I'm just like fourth of July over here, just like popping and everything and it's just great. And so, you know, growing up with fireworks, you just really feel like you understand certain principles in life, like the law of the dud where you throw it, you know, light one and it just doesn't go off the dud the dud. And so I was like, I threw this piece of bamboo in there and nothing, and I'm like, dude, where's the next one? And I go to throw it in there, and that thing just explodes with fury and and got all these embers just popping out, and to me, it could have been like an atomic bomb, Like you know, it just seems huge. I took one step back too far and all of a sudden, I just fall off this thing. And so like I'm just sliding down it and I'm just grabbing, trying to grab a hold of whatever I could.
Speaker 5: And before that it's night. It's at night.
Speaker 1: Nobody and nobody's seen you.
Speaker 10: Fall No, no, no, And before then it's a big river. And before then, my dad had told me to put a life jacket on if I was going to keep doing that, and I was.
Speaker 5: I was obedient.
Speaker 10: I was like, all right, all right, He's like you either stop doing that or you put a life jacket on. So I had a life jacket on.
Speaker 1: So he could see the threat that like you'll fall off and sitting like a little creek. This is like the red river. This is a sofa river, like a huge, big, nasty, muddy river.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And so like I'm sliding down and I'm just grabbing whatever I can and then I land in the water on my back, and uh, there's a little chef there that's probably about three foot wide, and uh, there was just enough water where I couldn't turn over, so I was like a turtle well in his back.
Speaker 5: I just remember how.
Speaker 10: Big the moon was. And then anyways, at the same time, there was a boat going down the river and so all of a sudden, there's these waves just like coming over me, and I'm just like freaking out.
Speaker 5: I was like, is this how this happens?
Speaker 10: And I remember like yeah, and then I remember like just a silhouette of a guy just like full dive off of it and he lands like maybe like five feet to my right.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, he jumped off.
Speaker 1: He jumped off.
Speaker 10: Yeah, earlier that day he had like jumped out of the boat and like throw me some I recip he just wanted to take a bath and stuff.
Speaker 5: So like just love the water.
Speaker 10: And then I see another figure come over and just like come down at like the silver surfer, you know, and they reached me at the same time, and so uh, and then my dad had always told me like growing up, whenever I did in trouble or I was really getting close to getting in trouble, he'd be like, boy, I'm on planting a boot, so he reached They reached me at the same time. My dad grabs me and the only way to get me up is he would lift and then he would kick me. And so I thought he had finally planted a boot.
Speaker 2: That was good. I'd say that was a strong, Yeah, very good, eight and a half, maybe even a nine with the supermoon.
Speaker 1: Com that's good. That's good, Misty. Near death.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't really have any near death experience.
Speaker 6: My parents rode motorcycles one time, I mean, like punchline, we hit a deer on a motorcycle.
Speaker 1: You know, that was good.
Speaker 6: But I think I think I mainly just watched my brothers do stupid things and just thought I'm not going to do that, and it's good.
Speaker 8: Just makes me real good. That's really good. I was always afraid to get too risky. M M drove slow and.
Speaker 6: That drives actually probably driving. It is probably the nearest death.
Speaker 1: When I was first, when I was dating Misty, she was young then I was young too, and uh, she would come and tell me. She'd be like, man, I was driving down the road today and the carts to the three six, I mean for real, like that happened, and I just said what and she was like yeah at the wheel and the road was wet, and it just like zip just did like a three six.
Speaker 7: I mean, oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: And I just remember being like, this isn't okay. You've got to learn how to drive.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 8: The Geo tracker she had was quite entertaining, and I I mean there was not a spot on there that didn't look like somebody beat it up with a hammer.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 2: I learned Geo Metro and we used to pick it up and put it on the sidewalk. You know.
Speaker 6: She lasted a long time. Everyone kind of made fun of it because we got it new and it looked fine. I mean, Geo Metros are like fancy cars. But we paid for our own cars so I can afford it. And I was super proud of it. I beat that thing. I mean like I was super rough on.
Speaker 1: We when we got married, we ended up. Yeah, we drove it.
Speaker 3: We d.
Speaker 1: It was giving it to my brother to Zach, I do remember, and we gave it to him as a gift and one day I remember we were he was driving it and he said, hey, Clay, it was it was kind of like thanks for the car, did you know it'll do this, and the steering wheel would pull off of it. Yeah. Yeah, you could just like just the slightest you know, you had to get it lyed just right, but just a little jerk on the steering wheel, and the steering whel w had completely come off, and then you could put it back on like in a in a flash. But and there was just this little like alan head back in there.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: The day I got it, actually literally like within forty eight hours of getting that car, I I got it. I was I was a waitress. I bought that car. You know, my parents signed on the loan with me, and I was super proud of it. I was going to make the car payments. We go to school, and I wanted to take the back roads. My mom didn't want me to. I did not understand that it was her reference until she started yelling it, and I'm like just barely got my driver's license, and she's like, now go that way, and in a panic, I turn it and immediately flipped the car.
Speaker 1: That was the.
Speaker 6: Like ever and her coffee cup was the only thing whent flying across my face. Not like it didn't hit me, but like it broke the window to the left of me, and we were just like suspended in the air, like she I'm looking at mind.
Speaker 1: You could see was the full moon.
Speaker 6: Before and we were on these back roads and it wasn't too far from where my my parents worked. And someone someone went to that workplace and said said, hey, there's been a car wreck, and everyone came and it was me, and it was no fun because everyone there, you know, knew me, and we were suspended the air. My parents were like, you're going to have to, you know, learn. They were the type that you learned the hard way, so they so we I paid for it. We got it fixed, you know, a mechanic fixed it all that it was grateful to have a good waitressing job, and that it was fall in Arkansas and the Colors and we get lots of visitors.
Speaker 3: So it paid for paid for it.
Speaker 6: So I probably had a couple of different wrecks, and I have a feeling that zach steeringwheel trick was a byproduct.
Speaker 2: Well, going back to the story of the Alaska stories, Yeah, yeah, that's what I want to talk about. I think I think the thing that stood out to me the most in it was the story of the outfitter that took the two guys. Yeah, was it two guys or three guys?
Speaker 5: Three?
Speaker 2: I appreciated the the assessment after the fact of all the little things like it wasn't this, I made this huge mistake and that's what put us in this crisis. But he recognized I pushed it too far here, and I pushed it just a little bit too far here, a little bit. That really impacted me in thinking about how I do things, whether that's in the boat, whether that's in life, whether that's you know what I mean making commitments and you know what I mean, tying myself up so I can't make that commitment. I thought it was really I thought it was really profound. Yeah, profound story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just every time they delayed for whatever reason, that river was just rising.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was scary too to me. I mean that that big, fast moving water is uh is wild no fast moving water.
Speaker 2: Golly.
Speaker 1: I I would have been scared acrossing the river that fast, that tall.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I encountered a deal like that. A friend of mine and I were going to hike and get to it. You had to cross the river been raining real hard, and we knew once we got across the river, we'd be fine. And so I said, hey, man, we got rope. I'm gonna put the rope around me. You hold on to it, I'll get across. I'll tie that rope to a tree. Then you come across with rope. And it worked really well. And when we got in the wilderness area, you had to cross the creek so many times. I just got tired of it. So I thought I was going to go up to steep ridge and go back down. And I got up there about sixty or seventy feet and I got scared.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: I looked down and I had that rope with me, and I was too scared to come down that thing.
Speaker 2: That's how steep it was. And I tied the rope on again. Man left the rope there.
Speaker 8: But you know, a rope pretty handy, honestly carrying para cord.
Speaker 2: It's fit so small and it's so strong. It comes in handy. Man. Yeah, you could have done the same thing.
Speaker 1: M HM.
Speaker 11: Always respect the water. We Josh and I fish a lot. We're out where we usually fishtailwaters here in Arkansas, and so you're near a dam, and if you're wade fishing, you're You've always got an ear open for the horn fell sound a horn saying we're gonna start flowing the water. Whatever the word is that I say it right, generating and and so you're always listening and you're moving as fast as you can.
Speaker 2: The most unnerving message that I read last last year was the horn on the dam has become inoperable. We don't know when it'll be fixed. So like we're out wade fishing. Is like, okay, is the water going to rise? You know?
Speaker 1: I mean, you're real sharpie marker on your if the water gets above here, let me know, tell your buddy, pick a partner. It is Fi Cally. Which story did you like the best?
Speaker 5: Question?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 5: How did I get punked? Because I wasn't clear?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 1: The last story. I don't know if you guys, how much you are paying attention when you were listening to the podcast. The podcast told the story of a man two men nearly drowning. It told the story of two men nearly getting their heads knocked off by a widow maker on an Alaskan river in the back country. It told the story of a man and woman who had to spend the night underneath a goat hide. What was the other story. It told the story of a man who is charged by salth grizzly and had to shoot it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: What would be the common theme of those stories near death?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The last story was about a guy who didn't bring enough pairs of underwear to Alaska.
Speaker 7: Didn't bring any pairs of underpairs, just except the one he was wearing.
Speaker 1: So that story being in the lineup would be funny.
Speaker 3: Right, we understood it. It's funny, but it's.
Speaker 2: You got punk because you thought it was going to be life threatening? Yeah, yeah, did you get it? Josh?
Speaker 7: Was a true story?
Speaker 2: It was true?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I mean the punk fell through, well.
Speaker 3: The punk I didn't.
Speaker 6: I just feel like you kind of accused people of getting punked and it's like, I don't know it was getting punked.
Speaker 1: It was just like, yeah, well okay, here, here's here's the backside. This is the dirt that people come to the render for.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 1: I wrote that v O of saying you've been punked voiceover, so when it's me talking and it's like scripted talking, I wrote that vo before I ever heard that story. Because we did it at the last minute, and I didn't even hear that story until it was on the podcast, So I just it was supposed to be. It was kinda gonna be like a like a joke. It was just a joke. Like I went to Alaska, I was a fishing guide. We had all this stuff happened, da da da, and then I almost ran out of underwear. We just got punked. We thought he was gonna die. Yeah, I saw it was kind of goofy. Yeah, I mean I didn't have it all figured out. But favorite story.
Speaker 5: I was just thinking, chafing and bo is not a joking matter.
Speaker 1: Especially Okay, okay, well my fault, guys, Bear Grease World. I am sorry that that joke fell on deaf ears.
Speaker 6: You didn't ask me what my favorite story was or what stood out to me. Let me just tell you what stands out to me, both in the story you told this afternoon right here in this live render and the story that I listened to this afternoon on the on the on the actual original Bear Grease Alaska shows Alaska stories. Something that stood out to me is that I think you downplay your potential connection to death when you come home to me, like when I was listening to those, I was like, gosh, I didn't know it was that bad. And then today when you're talking about about the airline, I'm like, I always just thought that was in his head, that it was actually a dangerous situation, not like the steward is yelling. By the way, she probably yelled brace yourself, brace brace.
Speaker 1: Not it was a weird.
Speaker 2: Give me something you don't know.
Speaker 1: When when you're in Europe, when you're in when you're in London, they say mine the gap. Ye, when you're on the subway in London. It was something Canadian, but.
Speaker 2: It was like be prepared danger, take off yours.
Speaker 11: I think this is a common thing, Missy, and I wonder if other people who are family members to the people who share their stories would say the same thing. My son David, when he was nineteen or twenty, goes out west by himself and goes hiking and and comes home and I say, tell me about your trip, and he tells me about his trip, and you know, it's it's it sounds like he had a good time. And then like a week later, my daughter, who's two years older than him, comes over and she's like, good lord, mom, did David tell you about his trip, and I like make a face and I was like, yeah he did. She's like, can you even believe that? And I was like, tell me what, I can't believe?
Speaker 7: What just to make sure I know?
Speaker 11: And the story she tells me about his trip and the story he told me about his story, we're very, very very different. Where he spent like eight hours in a tree well that he wasn't sure he was going to be able to get out of all by himself.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like it's snow, it's.
Speaker 2: Snowing, and you know under the evergreens, it drops down in, the snow builds up, and he if you drop down in and you don't have anything to dig out with, you can get stuck in there because they can be ten or twelve feet deep.
Speaker 11: Oh wow, so he's stuck in a tree. Well, like anyway, we don't have to go into the story.
Speaker 3: David could be on your next Yeah.
Speaker 11: Well, what David tells me and what actually happened, we're quite different, right, Yeah, very different.
Speaker 6: And as a parent, you have to hear that story and not looks surprised as Mallory's telling you, because you got to play it cool. And then you can't call David and say, hey, I've got new intel about your tree Well experience and I'd like to talk about it.
Speaker 7: Clearly, are a better mother than me?
Speaker 1: Because that's good. Good story?
Speaker 2: Did we ask everybody? We didn't tell a story? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Which which one?
Speaker 2: Which one? Man?
Speaker 10: I liked them and I felt like I could identify with a lot of them on some level. But one made me change how I'm acting now.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was the sow charging him and bait and bears. It's like, hey, I better take a pistol, yeah, or can't of spray today because this bait is on fire?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 10: So uh But then like the one that you told about the flash water, I think that one is the one that that would scare me pretty hard. Yeah, well that one too, Yeah, both of them, like anything with water. I like how he tied like the whole thing to Don's childhood, and like just takeaway where he broke through the fear where he felt like he was just gonna look forward.
Speaker 2: And that was a profound statement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was good.
Speaker 2: You know what he said too, would be real handy for people to know, is if you're retrieving somebody out of fast water.
Speaker 8: Don't take them a ninety degree straight to the bank. You go with a flow and do a forty five. Yeah, and most people wouldn't think of that. I wouldn't have thought of that. I mean, I'd be fighting trying to get the guy straight to the bank's shortest distance, you know, two points you'd have had rope though. I wouldn't have gotten that situation.
Speaker 2: For m.
Speaker 6: I think that in addition to being a great storyteller providing useful information and practical knowledge that people should take with him into Alaska, Billy Moles also has a name that could be a great country singer name, Yeah Billy.
Speaker 1: I've known Billy for at least ten years. He wrote for Bearhunting magazine back in the day, and Billy made incredible documentary films about Alaska. He has back when dv He still sells DVDs, but you know, the DVD sales aren't as hot as they used to be, and they but you can still buy them all and uh. And he's putting a lot of his stuff on YouTube and different stuff. But yeah, Billy, Billy is a He's a great guy. Yeah, I really like Billy.
Speaker 10: He got a lot of emails people missing him whenever he got out of the magazine.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, he was a real good writer. Just yeah, he's just he's really meticulous and he was a good guy. He was uh he he just was really really diligent, big, strong guy. I mean, just like kind of a athlete, tough, and he even want he didn't even want to tell a story about a boat wreck that nearly killed him in Alaska. I can't remember. It's not that he hides that. I've heard him talk about it, but he was just like, ah, that's not that exciting. That's pretty exciting.
Speaker 8: You know the story, the underwear story. When you listen to the very first he goes, you know, we saw a cabin float down the river, we saw graves, it's coming out. Yeah, and he mentioned stuff that would have been probably the best stories of it.
Speaker 1: Rand Williams, I told you, I didn't get to listen to that before when I heard it. Yeah, if I would have, if I would have done that again, I would have been like, hey, Randall, why don't you tell me about when the graves came out.
Speaker 2: Of the cuts together?
Speaker 7: And both of us are like WHOA.
Speaker 1: Because I asked Randall, I knew Randall was a guy fishing guy in Alaska, and I was with him last week and uh, and I said, Hey, do you have any good like harrowing near death stories in Alaska? And he was like, not really, but once I did have to wear the same pair of underwear for thirty days.
Speaker 2: That's perfect.
Speaker 1: And so that's how it all started. As I said, Hey, I want you to tell that at the end and it'll be funny. But apparently it was funny.
Speaker 6: The story was phenomenal. The accusation of having been taken advantage of.
Speaker 2: Being manipulated exactly.
Speaker 1: Like I take offense at that.
Speaker 3: What was going on.
Speaker 2: Exactly that that was a funny story. Yes, I was offended personally.
Speaker 8: I just thought, I just wondered, how the you know, the take we have on it is different?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: When I go back, I went, I had to go listen to an old bear Grease podcast today or yesterday for for for for some I can't remember what I was listening for, but it was one I did like two years ago, and I was like, go, man, why are you yelling? And then I came in here and did vo today and did the exact same thing.
Speaker 3: It's a joke at our family's house that Clay wakes up like.
Speaker 6: Sometimes Clay and I are at this weird age where sometimes we just wake up at like four in the morning for no good reason. We're like, well, I guess we're up now, let's get up and work. And so we get up and we we work, and the kids talk about like in those times, like they'll see me like tiptoe, I have to walk through Ship's room to get to my office. So he'll like sometimes wake up to me like tiptoe and trying to stay quiet so I don't wake them up.
Speaker 3: And he's like, but not dad man dad, like he talks at a pretty much full yell twenty four.
Speaker 2: He is deaf.
Speaker 1: You gotta get it, Yeah, gotta you gotta yell, You gotta talk loud, passionate, loud and passionate.
Speaker 6: Chef said he woke up at five in the morning the other day to Clay telling me about how he cleaned something, yelling from the.
Speaker 3: Top at the stairs to me in living her mind.
Speaker 6: That's enough.
Speaker 3: Sleep's important for kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that's where the value is different. My kids, they've woke me up up so much. Well, thank you guys so much for coming. Thanks for being on the render. There's another We've got another Alaska Stories podcast coming out, can't wait next. The next one is another one, all different storytellers with a different mother, all different brothers from a different mother. That's right, there's some. There's some good ones.
Speaker 5: Are we going to get punked?
Speaker 1: No punking on this one, no accusations. Actually actually actually the last story I had to put like a disclaimer on it, like if you have if you have small children, you might want to listen to this before you let them listen to it, ready for its legitimate disclaimer. Legitimate disclaimer.
Speaker 3: Could you gosh, I want to come in since media this.
Speaker 1: I have to tune into the next bar.
Speaker 6: Do you think that I can listen to it like based off of your yeah, well yes, I don't like being I don't like being scared. Well it's it's you'll see what I mean when you hear it.
Speaker 1: It's different. It's different. It's very good. It's no, I'm not foreshadowing at all. It's uh so you have to tune in. Thank you guys so much for being here. Dad, good to see you, Josh, Christy, Misty, Colby, Bear, Honey, Maggot.
Speaker 3: See you.
Speaker 2: We'll get render Boy back on
Speaker 1: The Render Boy