Speaker 1: Why is it so hot? Oh god, what's recording? Someone's recording?
Speaker 2: Listen to the way he speaks to you, My.
Speaker 3: Gosh, box up.
Speaker 4: That's why he's got an attitude, mister two, stop talking for yep, oh boy, No, no, I'm just just this.
Speaker 2: The moment where we get to hear the big themes song.
Speaker 1: We have three or four different ways to start the show.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is your podcast.
Speaker 1: You know what. Let's play the theme song, okay, and then we'll get into why there's other voices here? Okay, all right, you're ready. It's episode fifty eight of Serial Killers.
Speaker 3: Somebody box boys playse say.
Speaker 2: These two boys will save that two box in a cereal reviewing cereals the Scott and in a Cereal folk taking songs.
Speaker 1: No updated for you ready, listen right here, it's updated.
Speaker 5: It's the Seri.
Speaker 4: The Seri's the show.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 2: Is this the best we can do?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, you know what?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 1: Free exactly hate? I hate you? Wait you are you fine? You want to hear the other one? Oh?
Speaker 6: No, I don't know if we have time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, this one's gonna be extra long. I don't care. I'll stop his one in the middle. This is another.
Speaker 5: One causa what's gonna be Well?
Speaker 2: Tells you what's saira jel tonight?
Speaker 1: And then that goes off for another like two minutes because Brody only writes massively long songs. And then he just gave us this one.
Speaker 5: Okay, when you hand jam spoon man, Spoonman, it's such an obscure nineties is all rock?
Speaker 1: Is that fantastic?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's so freaking hot in here. I'm sweating.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, Honey, Scotty Bee is having a moment.
Speaker 8: He has a T shirt on it. I don't understand why he's hot.
Speaker 2: Good Lork.
Speaker 1: Can we just say what's going on? Everyone's like, what the hell is going on? So this is Serial Killers. It's our podcast about cereal. It's where we eat cereal. Yes, and we think inside the box. I'm that's gotta be by the way. That's Andrew, Honey and Carolina here because crossover episode. Do you remember, like in Different Strokes, but Tooty would come on absolutely and just like I never watched that. I'm so young different.
Speaker 2: Why I got to be toot.
Speaker 8: Who you're trying to be?
Speaker 1: Well, Okay, you're gonna be miss Garrett going on to facts of life. Whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, so now you called me old.
Speaker 7: So this is serial Killers and Spanglish, right, yes, love it, honey Germany my COEs from life in Spanglish.
Speaker 8: I am here and let me tell you.
Speaker 3: I did not eat late last night, so I was like, I gotta leave mustaving nice and empty.
Speaker 8: Fowl of the cereal in the ninety.
Speaker 7: I had Monza ball soup this morning that Scotty Bee's wife so graciously made for me, and I'm just gonna reveal it. I was going to post a video later. She was so kind and gave Greg Tea a tupperware.
Speaker 1: And he threw in the garbage.
Speaker 2: Right, No, I actually ate it.
Speaker 1: I told you.
Speaker 2: I was like, I didn't even bother giving it to you.
Speaker 1: I ate it because here's the thing, this is what I thought. I gave one to you and one to Greg Tea, and in my mind I'm envisioning him taking him out of the bag, going I don't want this and throw the garbage.
Speaker 2: No, he was actually upset with me. Yeah, he was like, what that's messed up?
Speaker 1: Before we start?
Speaker 6: What is your favorite cereals?
Speaker 8: Honey, cinnamon toast crunch?
Speaker 3: I love anything sugary, anything that's going to be having me bouncing.
Speaker 1: Off the walls, and you're going to like this day.
Speaker 8: That's when I was little. I guess now.
Speaker 3: I don't really eat cereal, but cinnamon toast crunch is really my favorite.
Speaker 7: That's a grime. We love cereal in our house. It's actually a late night snack for us.
Speaker 1: Hello, Halloween costumes, Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Know, we have to discuss.
Speaker 7: I actually like fruity cereals though, so fruity pebbles tricks.
Speaker 2: They're not just for kids. Fruit loops.
Speaker 8: Captain crunch is good to Captain crunch.
Speaker 2: I can get down with cap'n crunch berries.
Speaker 6: Oh he gets angry, Captain.
Speaker 1: It's Captain. They're gonna go back to you said, captain. He's crazy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Do you know that there's been like well over fifty varieties of Captain crunch over the years, like ridiculous ones like orange cream and all kinds of crap that they come and go from time to time. And actually, hey, we're gonna see one of those.
Speaker 2: A limited a dish.
Speaker 1: No we're not.
Speaker 2: Should we have somebody go over to your studio?
Speaker 1: But you know, because I was going to say that for the next one. It's a holiday one. I need it for a later episode.
Speaker 2: I was really excited.
Speaker 1: Don't worry. You guys are gonna love today. I promise.
Speaker 3: Don't have any Frank and Berry, count Chacula anything, Halloween.
Speaker 1: No, we did all those already. Plus, this is not going to run like late November.
Speaker 2: Perfect. Okay, So do we have Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much. Yes, we have Gravy Cereal. Since you guys are I guess guests, I mean you can choose whether you want classic or new. First we do one Classics or the one New Cereal. Then generally a bonus box. I usually let Andrew pick, and then I say no and just do what I want.
Speaker 2: Perfect, I'll follow your lead.
Speaker 3: Well, this feels very much like when I was shopping for wedding cakes.
Speaker 8: Oh really, yes, so what did you take of everything?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 8: We up having like a Dominican cake.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: That means milk.
Speaker 2: Spanglish portion milk are like check.
Speaker 1: All right, honey, I'm gonna let you choose, but you like a newer classic today to start.
Speaker 3: Let's start with class Let's start with classics.
Speaker 1: There's been many varieties of these over the years. Okay, this one has been around the longest of this particular brand.
Speaker 2: Should we guess it?
Speaker 1: I mean it's a Kellogg's cereal. It's in an orange box.
Speaker 8: Oh I know, honey, No, they're little right.
Speaker 1: No, no, honey, smacks is Kelloggs.
Speaker 6: Acrossing many weeds?
Speaker 8: You better not have brought me that.
Speaker 2: Oh no, honey is offended.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna reluctively go down to the cereal set.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, you want to stick your hand, you can stick my hand, your hand in my sack the next time.
Speaker 3: I want to kill somebody right now, but this is Does that work for this?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, but no, I'm going to go back to my.
Speaker 8: Can I start over?
Speaker 2: I would like to know why do you like frosted many weas? Why would you?
Speaker 1: They're so good?
Speaker 2: But why would you consider this a classic cereal? Like, can you give me any kind of it's.
Speaker 1: A classic cereal because it's been around for a long time.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, So.
Speaker 1: It started off as shredded wheat. Remember those bricks that were like this big and it was just shredded wheat. Then they made many shredded wheat and then they frosted them. Back in the seventies, you know what.
Speaker 3: I can't turn down a good frosting, and I can't turn down some fiber.
Speaker 1: I remember those commercials for the Kid in Me and then it was the Cowboy, and then it was a Little Kid and they flipped it over.
Speaker 4: No, he knows every commercial to remember, but I saw it. He also says things from the eighties, and it's like, do you remember. I'm like, no, nineteen ninety one is when I was born.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Way to make me feel old.
Speaker 8: Just give me four Give me.
Speaker 1: A ceramic bowls in here. I know sound effects. No, hold on add in post production. No, I don't add things in post production. Yes you do, don't.
Speaker 2: Is this a muck bang? If you put it up there?
Speaker 3: Listen, we're about to make this s M S R or whatever the that. Then we're gonna make a muck bang and er your killers. Life is Spanglish, all.
Speaker 1: Of it already for it. I do know some Spanish, you know, I know you do.
Speaker 7: You're very good at speaking Spanish. When sometimes he'll call me and ask me, hey, can you tell the cleaning lady to do that?
Speaker 8: I am weak right now.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say I tell the cleaning lady stuff and they're like whoa. They're like they think, oh my god, now he knows that we're talking about him. And they you know, they don't say stuff anymore.
Speaker 8: They don't tash you anymore right in front of you.
Speaker 1: And they'll be like, oh, you know, like oh my god.
Speaker 7: And then they go back and they talk about him and they're like they'll be like.
Speaker 1: Okay, you guys go so fast. I can't get it. It's like when I go to Cancun, I can get a couple of words. I can tell taxi drivers where to go, but when they start going really fast, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it does get a little overwhelm. Take me to the ready. Here we go. This is the Frosted Classic Mini weeks.
Speaker 1: I like to let the milk permeate the miniats a little bit, just a little bit soft. I like them crunchy too, but I like a little bit soft.
Speaker 6: Caretty one.
Speaker 1: Hold on, m I like percent milk really changed the dynamic of the cereal. If you use fat free verse one percent or two weeks in a whole stage right now, I hate you so.
Speaker 8: Much, ain't it?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 6: Out of five bowl?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Our rating scale is one.
Speaker 4: The bowl is like a full star. Spoon is like a half a star. So out of a full five bowls, what would you give it one?
Speaker 2: A one bowl? Wow?
Speaker 3: I think this is my most hated cereal of my life by racing brand.
Speaker 1: It is sweet?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Because of the little shred of wheat like rips your mouth up.
Speaker 3: It just reminds me of like nursing home food or something like. This is what you would give Grandpa cereal.
Speaker 2: Toast of cereals, I think it is. I give it two bowls and a spoon.
Speaker 6: Everyone show me and I give this three bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: Really three balls and a spoon, sugar on top, frosty and look at that. You get a free book on the back. We've also talked about how there really are no prizes in cereal anymore. When's the last time you saw a box of cereal with a prize? And side used to open up and there were banks and license plates and.
Speaker 3: I would empty out the whole entire damn bag. Then the bag wouldn't fit anymore. My mom's like, who went into damn bag?
Speaker 1: Jam your hand in there to the bottom to get the little piece of scrap water gun out of there.
Speaker 7: How about I believe that children's reading has been stunted because now they're not reading cereal boxes anymore. When they're eating cereal on Saturday mornings, they're watching television or they're on the iPad.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 7: Whereas before you would like do the little games that they had on the back, or you know, you would read the side of it. There was always information about it, and so I feel like that is something that was so beneficial.
Speaker 2: When we were younger.
Speaker 1: You're right, we should bring it back.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, But you know what, I'm going to finish my frosted mini weeks.
Speaker 7: Gave it two bowls in a spoon. I give it two bowls in a spoon. Am I a tough critic? Am I the New York Times? Yes, of this podcast.
Speaker 8: She's greedy, That's what she is. I'm gonna finish this cereal right here?
Speaker 1: All right? What do you give it? Three bowls in a spoon?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like it classic. My favorite variety of frosted miniwheeds is the one with the raspberry in the middle. I was allergic, almost died from Yeah the thing. Yeah, there's a little touch of fruit and there's raspberry like almost like preserves in the middle.
Speaker 2: Why did you bring the sap?
Speaker 1: They used to have it with raisins, but they stopped making that.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Yeah, that would be lovely, like a little fruit variety.
Speaker 1: And yeah, fruit is good. Real fruit is better than fruity pebbles and crab like raisins.
Speaker 6: And dehydrated though, because that's disgusting.
Speaker 1: I can't hydrated fruit and cereal. I get it. You can't just a.
Speaker 6: Box like banana chips.
Speaker 4: Who eats banana che I love ba chips, dehydrated ones.
Speaker 8: More tropical mango ones.
Speaker 6: Mango I can do. I like dehydrated mango.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 7: I actually buy the dehydrated strawberries at Trader Joe's now, and I will put it in my multi green cheerios, and that gives me kind of like a combination.
Speaker 1: Well, now, I'm a serial purist. So the way it comes is the way you eat it.
Speaker 2: Oh my bad.
Speaker 1: Also, no, you do what you want in your own home.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: Your co host thought the strawberry on the cheerios box was the mascot for all cheerios. Yeah, he was convinced scottscot strawberry was the mascot.
Speaker 2: You're kidding me?
Speaker 7: Interesting, Wow, he is really not the brightest Okay, So.
Speaker 1: Let me run down to the cereal sack get the new one. And since the holidays are on the way, you guys are gonna be excited because you're so honey. Did say cinnamon toast crunch was one of her favorites? So this is a holiday variety from the toast crunch family. All right, it's sugar cookie toast crunch.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I am so excited.
Speaker 1: Right, this is going to be a good one. Wow, this just came out well, seeing as what today's October whatever, and this is gonna air in November whatever. This came out about two weeks ago as of today, So I just confused everybody. But I'm going to give it the sky.
Speaker 4: He has to shake the cereal box because he's convinced that the flavor. He's convinced the flavor moves.
Speaker 2: Yes, because you do get some of the sugar on the bottom, it doesn't do anything.
Speaker 1: Cereal settles in shipping, so you have to mix it up, especially when there's chunks of other things in it. Andrew, I hate you so much.
Speaker 2: Hold on, let me look this up.
Speaker 7: I'm looking up sugar cookie toast crunch because I want to hear a little bit more about it.
Speaker 1: Smell so good.
Speaker 6: Do your kids like cereal?
Speaker 2: They do? And actually, now what we do.
Speaker 7: Noah is six, and the night before if we go out on a Saturday night, we.
Speaker 2: Will leave out bowls. We will leave out the cereal.
Speaker 7: And then I take an old creamer bottle and I put the milk in the creamer bottle so that he can wake up in the morning and serve cereal to himself and his brother.
Speaker 2: And he feels like he's such a big boy. He's so proud of himself.
Speaker 1: If he was such a big boy, he'd be able to pour it from a milk carton.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I just don't want to clean savage.
Speaker 7: Like wow, Oh I'm sorry, did I just curse?
Speaker 1: I peep it just because you know this is a family friendly podcast, you know whatever. This smell is really good. It's a General Mills product.
Speaker 8: Love General Scotty. I need enough because I know this is going to be my breakfast.
Speaker 2: You might not like it, though, Wow, that's I sull love it.
Speaker 8: I think so too, basically like cereal.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you know my husband eats his cereal in a very particular way. He only serves himself. A tiny little bit pours the milk. A tiny little bit pours the milk. He would never pour an entire bowl of cereal. Needs it to be extra crunchy.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: So he only pours like the bottom of the bowl at a time.
Speaker 6: Really, so he'll go back for like third and fourth.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm breaking news here.
Speaker 7: General Mills actually released this cereal back in twenty fifteen when on High eight.
Speaker 1: It comes out during a lot of these series will come out during the holidays, go away and come back, and then.
Speaker 2: It made a triumphant return.
Speaker 3: It's a box seal for cereal enthusiasts aka Scott.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Andrew is just along for the ride. He doesn't care about cereal. He doesn't know about it about every time.
Speaker 8: You're schooling him here, Yes, you know what that's mine?
Speaker 6: Oh, this smells so good.
Speaker 2: This is so we can't eat it?
Speaker 1: Yes, sorry you have to wait because here we go. Milk. Oh my god, you're so good.
Speaker 2: That is really good, you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, Hell that's not breakfast. Oh yeah it is. Desserts really tastes like sugar cookie.
Speaker 6: It tastes like icing.
Speaker 7: They did a great job with the balance of flavors.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna give us four balls.
Speaker 7: I have a question for you guys. Is there a cereal that got five bowls?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can you do five balls and a spoon or five balls?
Speaker 1: Top?
Speaker 2: So what is the cereal that got five balls?
Speaker 1: For me? It was a Lucky Charms and Count chocola.
Speaker 4: M rice treat cereal is mine? I love rice well, the new recipes disgust the bland rice, Krispy Tree cereal. It's like marshmallow. It's delicious.
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm thinking of the original, right get in?
Speaker 6: No, not the blue box. This is the purple box, got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like this.
Speaker 8: I love this.
Speaker 2: I'm giving this four.
Speaker 1: Bowls, okay, and we need four balls?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Four bowls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna do four bowls in a spoon. It's good.
Speaker 2: Four bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: If there were marshmallows in there, I bump it up to five.
Speaker 2: Yes, that would be That would be the clincher.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's usually what does it for me? Add marshmallows and get a better rating.
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: No, I agree?
Speaker 8: Is it wrong that I want to keep eating it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 2: Do I want more?
Speaker 1: You go more?
Speaker 2: You give me too much milk?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Is this it? Do you only get to try two boxes of cereal?
Speaker 1: No? Because you guys are here, we're gonna do a special. Uh well, I like to play this thing. Andrew yells at me, Hold on.
Speaker 2: Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: And for today's bonus box jingle, Andrew, guess where we're going?
Speaker 2: Where serial Killers in turn National? Oh my gosh, we have something from across the pond.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's not across the pond. So because we're doing you know, our crossover with life and Spanglish here. Okay, So why are you laughing at me? I hate you so much?
Speaker 2: You just get so excited. It's like watch like I'm a fifteen.
Speaker 1: Year old do a book report.
Speaker 8: I'm in suspense right now.
Speaker 1: Well, so I used to go to Cancun a lot, and every time I would go, I would go to the Walmart there and walk up and down the cereal aisle because I had They had all this crazy crap and I loved it, and I would bring boxes of cereal home with me. And I always remember this one. We did the American version way back when we first started this. They've had mascots such as Jose the Monkey, and they've had elephants and Huckleberry Hound and all kinds of different mascots over the years. However, the mascot for this version of this Cerea has always been Melvin, Melvin the Elephant, Melvin.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna see if you can tell me what's going on here, because I don't understand, but I can say whatever Isxican. It is the Mexican version of Coco Crispy's. That's right, Chocolate Crispy with Melvin on the front.
Speaker 2: This is amazing me.
Speaker 8: Cue he got hazel lies.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 1: There was an elephant on the American version for a while. They got rid of him, and actually snap Crackle Pop was on here, and then they changed it to Choco the Monkey. I remember, remember the little chocolate monkey that was on there.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm so confused. I'm glad it's an elephant.
Speaker 1: Now Cocoe it was. The monkey was Cocone and then it went back to Snappackle Pop. So if you look, if you look at the if you look at the version that's in the supermarkets here in America, now snap Crackle Pop or back on the box.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, this is an exciting moment for us. Did you bring these back from King Kun? How did we acquire the chocoal crispies?
Speaker 1: I got it with the Walmart along Island, let me guess.
Speaker 7: Him, said, like, there's a Walmart that we went to on the way back from the airport, and I slip it was banging.
Speaker 2: I'm not even kidding you. I got every single thing that I needed to make.
Speaker 3: Like it because Bratwood cee, I all that is right over there.
Speaker 1: This one came from farming deal.
Speaker 8: Farming deal.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: I just want to know what Amy would think when you're on like a cant coon vacation, be like, I don't want to lay out, I want to go to the Walmart.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, what did I do when we went to Elvis's wedding in Santa Fe. You went to the grocery. I took it over to the supermarket and I went up and down I bought cereal.
Speaker 2: Was there any Southwestern cereals?
Speaker 1: There was really nothing different. There was just store brands that are a little bit different. And we found some version with some cashew butter that I liked that I brought back.
Speaker 7: It was pretty interesting. Wait, can I just say something? Am I being rude because I'm chewing into it? Because I'm crunching into the microphone At all of.
Speaker 8: Podcasts, I'm sure the listeners are used to crunch crunch.
Speaker 1: See these look a little bit different. They're not quite as dark as the American counterpart that.
Speaker 8: Looks like rabbit.
Speaker 2: There's less additives.
Speaker 1: It looks like rabbit poop.
Speaker 8: I don't want to say that.
Speaker 6: Do you like cocoa pebbles?
Speaker 8: I do like coco pebbles.
Speaker 1: See, coco pebbles and cocoa crispies are very different.
Speaker 6: Okay, I was gonna say, maybe you like this one, but apparently not.
Speaker 3: You know the best part of chocolate cereal is the chocolate milk.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I will not dispute that.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna wait on this to turn into a little milkshake situation, and I have to say.
Speaker 1: The best chocolate cereal milk is cocoa pebbles. There's there's no doubt.
Speaker 2: Cocoa pebbles is better than cocoa crispy.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, the chocolate the milk cereal. I love cocoa pebbles and the cereal milk is wow.
Speaker 2: I am gonna be bluted. I forgot my lact tape.
Speaker 1: You told me I would have brought lack tab.
Speaker 6: This smells good. Yeah, I feel like they're like in clusters, not just like.
Speaker 8: So this came.
Speaker 1: Sure, I drove down with my drug mule and I brought it back.
Speaker 2: Did you get this from.
Speaker 1: Different?
Speaker 2: Mmmm?
Speaker 8: You're dragging it, Andrew. Is not that good?
Speaker 1: Goods crazy? It's it's definitely different. It's not as chocolate as the American version, and the chocolate is different.
Speaker 8: This definitely tastes like vacation cereal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna have to be honest and say I don't love it.
Speaker 1: Right, there's not as much I'm going to give this.
Speaker 4: See, I'm going to give this three bowls. I liked it at first, but then the chocolate disappears, and then you're just chewing on.
Speaker 1: Vive la adventura de chocoate caliber. Enjoy the chocolate caliber adventure. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 8: One I enjoy a caliber adventure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not really like. Okay, so here's my here's my judgment.
Speaker 7: I was going to give it two bowls in a spoon, but I think that it gets that extra bump to three bowls only because it's chocolate and I'm a big chocolate fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm not. I think I think they missed the mark on this one a little bit. I really do. I think it's just a three bowl cereal.
Speaker 6: Oh you went back to eating?
Speaker 8: Why you had to blow me up?
Speaker 4: By?
Speaker 6: What did you get the chocoate crispies?
Speaker 2: It like two.
Speaker 3: It brings about nostalgia because I used to spend a lot of Summis in Dominican Republic and we had all the and all like the fake versions of the cereals. So it kind of like brought me back to my struggling childhood. But I would definitely not buy this.
Speaker 1: Do you remember Melvin because he is the Latin mascot for I.
Speaker 2: Never saw the Caribbean.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: By the way, my mom only.
Speaker 7: Bought generic cereal went a bag. It was in the black and white box, like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was actually called no frills, Yeah, and I would say corn flakes.
Speaker 7: Corn flakes, but yeah that we wouldn't get like name brand cereals until later on in life. But it was something that brought my brother and I together. My brother Rene, he was going to medical school. And I was still in high school and every night he would come home from work and he would sit down and be like, so.
Speaker 2: Tell me what's up, girl, Tell me what's up?
Speaker 7: And he would want to hear about the cheerleader drama and stuff, which is kind of creepy now, but anyway, we would sit down and have a bowl of cereal together, and that's kind of what would like bring us together. So cereal is like the common denominator with me and my brother.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really cool.
Speaker 8: That's dope.
Speaker 3: We met with Cereal is all about mom not being there when we woke up. You know, we were like latch key kids, right, So it was just like four boxes of cereal on the table, The milk is in the in the refrigerator.
Speaker 8: You guys feed yourself before you Did you ever have.
Speaker 1: The bags of cereal from maultimeal.
Speaker 3: No, we never had the bags of cereal.
Speaker 8: It was weird.
Speaker 3: We we used to get food stamps and we used to make sure we used them on the good exactly frosted flakes raising brand from my mom. And you know, I wasn't even getting the thank you government.
Speaker 1: Being a frosted Flakes. That's another cereal I used to see in Mexico zaras Y. Yeah, that's what I always said it. There was frosted flakes of corn and they had the chocolate ones there before they had them in America, and so I would go down there and get boxes of chocolate frost flakes from Cacun and bring them back.
Speaker 2: So now this is like your jam. So you have done cereal shopping?
Speaker 7: Were you the primary person in your family growing up with your brother that like would always be going to the grocery store with your mom and trying to get the best cereal.
Speaker 1: Well, we weren't really allowed to have the sugar cereals when I was a kid. The only time I got to have sugar cereals was sleep away camp. That's where I remember fruity pebbles and coca pebbles and corn pops and all this crap. And I was bouncing off the walls. In my house, it was raisin bran, maybe the occasional frosted flakes, but my dad ate raisin bran, and you know, my brother had waffles, So it's softly regular.
Speaker 2: No, you know what it is.
Speaker 7: I have two little boys, and what I've decided is like before I wasn't going to give them. They used to only eat multi grain cereals, which by the way, has a little bit of sweetness to it, and I allow them to have like crazins or whatever it is do it. But then I said, you know what, every so often, I'll get them like Lucky Charms or I'll get them something to like mix it up, because then I don't want them to be like that when they are exposed to it all of a sudden, and then they're going to be like.
Speaker 1: You know, the problem shotting it is the problem I found with Cooper, my little one, though, is you know, she'll have rice crispies, rice crispies, and then we'll give her Lucky Charms, and she won't eat the rice krispies anymore. She'll she goes down in my closet downstairs and she opens up the boxes of cap'n Crunch and all this stuff that I'm using for this damn podcast, and she ruins everything.
Speaker 8: She's your kid, that's.
Speaker 2: Why, right, she goes down the cereal rabbit hole. Yeah, yep, that's where it all starts.
Speaker 1: I don't think I rated this one. And I'm going to give a chocolate Creasty's three balls. I didn't love it. I like the American version better.
Speaker 4: It has a spicy taste to it, like while you're eating it, almost like it was chocolate. And then all of a sudden, I'm like, let me go back and see what. You know what?
Speaker 2: The milk is also just okay, too bland for my liking. Yeah, I done a little more.
Speaker 1: There's freaking rosar. Oh my gosh, sophistica rice sugar, second ingredient, coco multed extrin, and then a bunch of other crap and then rosemary extract for freshness.
Speaker 2: You need insurance on that palettehank.
Speaker 1: You okay, trust me? That was just a fluke.
Speaker 6: That's the chocolate. Milk also doesn't taste good.
Speaker 8: You drank chocolates.
Speaker 2: It's not as good.
Speaker 8: It's not very looking.
Speaker 2: I thought you were really gonna blow me away today, Scotty Bee.
Speaker 1: Did you wait?
Speaker 6: Did you see what the cup looks like if you don't eat the chocoate Crispyes?
Speaker 1: No, I ate it all.
Speaker 8: Well it's here this way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like a massive diarrhea.
Speaker 7: I do appreciate the effort, though, to make us feel at home, since we are life in Spanglish.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, you guys can keep this box. Thank you very much. That's good.
Speaker 2: You can take it Backie, you can have it.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us on the very special episode of serial Killers.
Speaker 2: This was so fun. And if you guys ever want to listen to our podcast, Honey German.
Speaker 8: Life and Spanglish on all the platforms that you used to listen.
Speaker 2: To podcasts, yes, and you could also follow us on our social media.
Speaker 3: I am Honey German and I'm at the Real Carolina.
Speaker 1: So maybe next time we'll flip flop this and Andrew and I will be on the other side.
Speaker 2: We talk about Spanglish, biggest something else.
Speaker 1: We could talk about all my cancuon escapades.
Speaker 7: And you know what I actually said my two kids, as I mentioned before, I have them speak in Spanish all the time because I love that there is going to be a time when they are going to meet a girl, or they're going to go on spring break. What are you and they are going see you know what, I don't know how I feel about that yet, but like they're going to need to communicate with a young lady and I think that that's when they're going to be like Damn, I'm almost right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So it's just for those cantkup moments. I think that those.
Speaker 1: I love coming to your house and just hearing the kids speak Spanish. That's my favorite thing.
Speaker 2: Well the other day I said to my son, I was like, Noah, and he went to me. He goes and I said, oh wow, what an attitude. But it speaking Spanish. So we'll leave you with that.
Speaker 1: And by the way, when you all get out of here, check yourself for beat it just you know, because we had a lot of sugar tea. Thank you. Yes, serial Killers, this has been episode fifty eight. Please follow us every social media place you can. Serial Killers PC. That's cereal with the sea and Andrew telling me sure you like.
Speaker 6: And review the podcast. That's really great. You can hear it everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh you guys don't know what we do at the end. So when the show's over, we all say crunch together.
Speaker 8: Okay, So he whispered, are you say you say it?
Speaker 1: I just didn't want to hear people telling you what I said, all right, Joan to county three, everybody, thanks for listening, and one two three crash it's so late, almost purp it to it purp it was Carolina. You're so disgusting