Speaker 1: That's why I'm so glad you're tuning this podcast in general as well, because I think as you get more successful, you start to think that you can only rely on other successful people for these lessons in life. And that's such bs because the best lessons always come from those. Again, the normal people who names are not in light, so okay, we don't know who they are, and I don't think you can stress that or not.
Speaker 2: Welcome to an army of normal folks. I'm Bill Courtney. I'm a normal guy. I'm a husband, I'm a father, I'm an entrepreneur, and I've been a football coach in Inner City Memphis. And the last part it somehow led to an oscar for the film about our team. That movie's called Undefeated. Y'all. I just believe our country's problems are just not ever going to be solved by a bunch of fancy people and nice clothes using big words that nobody ever uses on CNN and Fox, but rather by us, an army of normal folks. That's just you and me seeing an area of need and deciding, hey, maybe I can help. And today we have a new edition of our special series Supporting Greatness, where we typically interview those who've achieved public greatness about their own army of normal folks that supported them and shaped their lives. But this time we're interviewing award winning sportswriter Michael Rkoush, who's written books with Scottie Pippen, Sugar Ray, Leonard, Phil Jackson, and many others. In his most recent book about the top one hundred golfers in history, Michael will celebrate each of their army of normal folks that supported them to make it on this list. I cannot wait for you meet write after these brief messages from our general sponsors. Michael Arkoush, Welcome to Memphis.
Speaker 1: It's great to be here, is it? Oh man? I love it last time ten years ago.
Speaker 2: That's crazy that it's been ten years since you've been in Memphis, given that you've spent about ten months here during that ten year period ago. Yeah, it does everybody. Michael Arkoush first and foremost is my friend. But he's certainly not known for being my friend. What he is is an incredible writer. He's a sportswriter. I think you've written for golf, DIJA. What are the magazines?
Speaker 1: Golf Magazine, Golf digest golf world. Yeah, and wrote the Only Times, New York Times, Washing Post, yeah.
Speaker 2: Washing and Post pretty much everybody yeah yeah. And he is also an author of Sugar Ray Leonard's book, and Phil Jackson's book and Scottie Pippens book and Ray Allen's book. And Kurt menifies, Yes, I did a book with him. Yes, yeah, see I remember that. You got it. You know me more than I do some other books. I don't know what are some other books.
Speaker 1: I did a book about golfers and their fathers who inspired them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that kind of thing I do.
Speaker 1: The first book I did sixty years of usc UCLA.
Speaker 2: Football, which who wants to read that?
Speaker 1: So anyway, that's that's what we found out.
Speaker 2: Yes, didn't sell too well. So Mike Arkush is my friend. He's a gifted writer, and he has just released his latest piece of work called The Golf one hundred, a subtitled A spirited ranking of the greatest players of all Time. And it is a book that is to elicit argument, but we're going to get into that later. I also want to say that as impressive as Michael's resume is that paul Etta, his wife, is the far superior of the couple.
Speaker 1: No question about it. What's your line about coverage?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you outkicked your coverage if you absolutely kich you. Pauletta has worked in the Foreign Service in places like Russia and Ukraine and DC and is an incredible woman in her own right, and you way out kicked your consolutely. So that's who Michael is in a professional personal sense. As a snapshot before we get started, I want you guys know if you're here at the end, we will have a Q and A at the end of this for any of you who want to ask any questions of Michael. We are today in the Memphis Listening Lab and the cool Crosstown Concourse and Memphis, and Michael flew in last night, I guess from Santa Barbarad and yep, yep, flew in last night to join us. Before we get going for those listening, we will have a live in on May eighth. That will be our next live interview. It is going to be with nine to eleven firefighter Tim Brown. Tim saved fifteen lives on that faithful day while losing one hundred friends. His story is unbelievable. He doesn't see himself as a hero and what he has to teach us about the power of an army of normal folks is phenomenal. So May eighth at six point thirty at grind City Brewing. To learn more, you can RSVP and find out more at one hundred friends dot event bright dot com. I hope you will join us, and I hope those listening will join us. So we've set up who Michael is, but we're not interviewing Michael for an army of normal folks really, because he's kind of reached some heights that most normal folks don't. However, as many of you longtime listeners will know, on occasion we do a special segment called Supporting Greatness, and the Supporting Greatness series is where we interview folks who've achieved public greatness, but we interview them about their own army of normal folks who supported, inspired and helped shape their lives, so that we get to celebrate the army of normal folks in people who've reached greatness who we don't know about. For this series, we've interviewed people like Mike Row from Dirty Jobs, the author of The Shack, Paul Young, and Medal of Honor recipients to Coda Meyer and David Bellavia. So you were in high company. In Michael's case, we're interviewing him. We're going to talk a couple about a couple of people in your life. And then also interestingly, as a guy who's done so much biographical work and done so much content, but we're going to let Michael share with us stories about normal folks in the lives of people who supported greatness, like folks like Sugarray Leonard and Scottie Pippen. And then we're going to get on some of these golfers that have some extraordinary stories in the golf one hundred and actually how you learn those stories. So that's it. So to start us, kind of tell us where you came from and how you grew up.
Speaker 1: Albany, New York, the capital of the Great State of New York, was a great place to grow up. Close to New York City and close to Boston would shape me and who I am really is. My father died when I was young. I was only twelve years old. He died of Louke Garrit's disease. It's a really horrible time in our life, and I'll talk about it later. But my uncle and aunt introduced me to golf. It was this way to getting away from the tragedy of what happened at home. It was incredibly helpful. But the influence on my life, the early influence of my life, is a guy named doctor Stephen Burke. He's a history professor at Union College and connected in New York. And he taught me the value and the beauty of history in such a profound way. I mean, I was not a great student before then. I was a terrible student. Am I saying not a great student?
Speaker 2: I was awful?
Speaker 1: But he he made me care about learning. He made me passionate about it to an unbel unbelievable degree. And I remember the first time I got an a minus in his exam, I felt like I had conquered the world. And he taught me European history, Russian history, Jewish history, and this is my high school. He was only thirty six years old at the time. He's now eighty four, and I still consult with him, talk to him once or twice every couple months or so, let's say, and we talk about the election, we talk about everything going on in America. Is an unbelievable resource. And I'm just so lucky. I've had somebody like that in my life, somebody who was an authority on his subject like that who made me care. And it extended way beyond. It extended to sports history, and it is every aspect of history and knowledge. And I never thought that knowledge was such a beautiful thing to obtain, as when when I studied with him. He remember at my high school graduation, he stood up there and he gave the speech and he said, I don't have a panacea for all of you. I don't have a cure. I can't give you the key to success in life. But what he didn't realize that he had given me the key already, and I've held on to that forever. So I'm grateful to him.
Speaker 2: Would you be a writer for one for him?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I know that when I was in school in sixth or seventh grade, I used to have a textbook and in between me and the textbook was a notebook, and the teacher thought I was taking notes when I was writing stories.
Speaker 2: So it's always been.
Speaker 1: It's always been there. It's always been part of my sickness. And I wrote a story once about a guy who was a fighter against a Boxer. It was sort of a preview of the book I would write forty years later, and I didn't know it at the time see about Ali and Frasier. But I had all these I don't know what happened to those notes. I think if they went the way of my baseball cards, I.
Speaker 2: Think it could be argued then because of the perspective of history and what he taught you, you wouldn't have done nearly as an.
Speaker 1: Effective Absolutely, absolutely, I know.
Speaker 2: From personal experience with you, because you're irritating as hell and proud of it. Yeah, you will research to the nth degree before you put a word in a book.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: That has to come from.
Speaker 1: Him, Yeah, Yeah, it does because there were so many facts that we learned from him about all history.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If I did not have it right factually, I mean I was not getting an aa B. I was getting much worse.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Yeah. Who else?
Speaker 1: Okay. One of the person I only spoke to once in my entire life, really for two hours, a guy named David Halberstam. Maybe you recognize his great author is God powers it be best in the brightest all these was a correspondent for The New York Times. Vietnam I mean, I think to the point that Kennedy tried to get him out of the job because he was so on top of what was going on with our failure in Vietnam. Really even early on, and my editor at the time I was working on a book with Phil Jackson. My editor said, would you like to talk to Halberstam? Are you kidding me? This is like one of my heroes. And we were on the phone for two hours and he told me the whole secret to writing books, which was when you're writing a magazine article or a newspaper article, in your mind all the time is how do I boil this down? How do I go from thousand words to seven hundred words and six words? How do I keep it down? In books, it's like an according just keep expanding, and the idea that you could write anything you want, just keep it longer, just because you can always edit later. In the Ali Fraser book, I did a chapter on Jerry Corey. I don't know how many you remember the fighter Jerry Corey. Muhammad Ali's first fight after he was suspended was against Jerry Corey in Atlanta in October nineteen seventy. I went up in Bakersfield, California, and I met the Corey family, spent like a whole day with them, came back. I spent the next two weeks and I wrote fifteen thousand words about the Corey family. Okay, what the heck was I doing? This is a book about Ali and Fraser. It's supposed to be like sixty or seventy thousand words, and I'm writing fifteen thousand words. I couldn't stop myself. Seriously, I just was like some kind of tick or something. I just had to keep going. Eventually I turned it down to about three thousand. And when you're sitting there a computer and cutting down twelve eleven twelve thousand words is not easy. But to get to what those three thousand words are, I think you sometimes have to write fifteen thousand. The key to writing is not the writing, it's the rewriting.
Speaker 2: And he taught you that.
Speaker 1: He told me the importance of that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when you think about supporting the greatness of the works that you've put out over the last forty years, a simple high school teacher and a conversation you had with a guy on the home for two hours, Yeah, which speaks to the power of an army in Normal Folks maybe you don't even think of and those people probably do. You think those people even have any idea of the depth of effect they know?
Speaker 1: And I'm told I told doctor Burke, I have probably fifty times in the nearly half centuries since then. Boggo's my mind about his influence. I don't know if these people him or others really take that in because you can hear that line, but what does it really mean? They're there as teachers I think somewhere a registers, I hope because I know other people similarly affected by him as well.
Speaker 2: It's phenomenal. And now a few messages from our gener sponsors. But first I hope you'll consider signing up to join the army at normal Folks dot us. By signing up, you'll receive a weekly email with short episodes summaries in case you happen to miss an episode or if you prefer reading about our incredible guess. We'll be right back. Okay, so let's go to some of your past work before we go to some really interesting stuff about some of the people we've most recently wrote about. But Alex did some research and he talked about sugar Ray Leonard and Dave Jacobs, the trainer he had as a kid that I think was nicknamed Jake. There was a volunteer at a local recreation center. And as phenomenal as Sugar Ray Leonard is, it feels like Sugar Ray Leonard doesn't become Sugar Ray Leonard without Dave Jacobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's actually and there's three. There's three people. These two others besides Gave at that time that had such a profound influence on him. I just want to tell you Dave was the city the amateur athletic featherweight title champion in forty nine, Turnpro nineteen forty nine, won a bunch of bouts, but boxing he realized was never going to pay the bills, so he began volunteering at the rec center, became the coach and cheers leader. And what he used to do he used to bring Ray and a bunch of others over to his house to show filters of the greats like Jersey Joe Walcott and Willie Pep and Sugar Ray Robinson. So Ray learned who great fighters were through Dave Jacobs. So that was one person. Another guy named peppi Korea and I want to read this. This is really interesting because just because we're in Memphis, I'm going to read from the book. I constantly marveled at his ability to recite verbatim doctor King's I have a dream speech with remarkable passion in each syllable, and that had a big influence on Ray understanding doctor King. I understand understanding who he was as an African Americans. So that's the second person at that point in Ray's life. Another guy was named jenks Morton, who had wanted to play in the NFL but wasn't good enough, started an insurance agency in the Washington area, and it was with Jake. With him, it wasn't the amount of push ups or sit ups or jumping rope. In his opinion, the only way to be among the best was to show more desire than your opponent. And that's what Ray learned. He just had an incredible desire and never stopped. He had these three people that nobody's really heard of or not many have heard of, and they formed the backbone of Ray's career.
Speaker 2: When one of the coolest things about what you do for a living is you get to spend time with these cool people. You get to spend time with Phil Jackson. You could just spend time with Scottie Pippen. You get access in a very intimate way with people because you're writing their stories, so you have to mine in to not only understand their stories, but oftentimes the why absolutely and the who behind their story. When when people like Sugar Ray are talking about Peppe Korea and James Morton and Dave Jacobs, does their affect change Do you see a level of reverence? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because no matter how famous they are, they haven't lost sight of who they were before they became famous. It's very important to be in touch with that. And we'll get the Scottie Pippen in a while too. It's same thing. They recognize why they're there, and they recognize the people that put them there. And there's not one person I've ever profiled and been around with not had that impact of a normalfolk person, There's no question about it.
Speaker 2: Which has to speak to all of you listening to our voice right now. You don't have to be famous, you don't have to be part of some massive organization, you don't have to start incredible five OHO one C three The interaction you have on a daily basis with somebody you may never you may you may have no idea the impact of the void that you're filling or the need that you're filling, and that may not manifest itself for fifteen, twenty thirty years later. But the point is, every single day we have an opportunity, as just normal folks when we see areas of need and fill them, when we see when we see want and desire and help satisfy it. Oftentimes the measure of our success may reveal itself decades later, but it doesn't make it any less profound.
Speaker 1: And I also think that's when people veer off too, is when they lose sight of that, when they lose what do you mean by that? What I mean is when they become when they become maybe full of themselves, maybe become too arrogant, go off into different directions, was that discipline, lose that character that formed who they were, that's crucial. That that can be devastating. I've seen too many athletes who have just gone off the reservation because they have forgot the values and the normal people that helped put him their family, friends, coaches, et cetera.
Speaker 2: That's a good segue. Scottie Pippen talks with reverence about his mom and his brother. And his brother. For those who don't know, I think is a quadriplegic or paraplegic. His brother, I think got into a fight and didn't walk again. Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Well, I'll read. I'll tell you exactly what happened. He was in gym class and some guy just Scotty's brother. Scotty's brother, Ronnie was in gym class and Scotty was only three when it happened. Out of nowhere, this bully just delivered a sucker punch in the middle of his brother's back. Brother. His brother fell to the floor, unable to get up, and he sent the hospital. Everything went on and basically never really got that. We was able to do some things, but never got anywhere better. I want to read to something that Scotti wrote. He goes Ronnie had every right to give up to curse the fate he was handed. He didn't. He fought hard to build a protective, productive and happy life. I'm not the biggest success story in the Pippin family. He is, and.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows who Scottie Pippins and nobody knows who Ronnie is. Correct, But Ronnie's strength clearly provide an illustration to Scotty about how to be success.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And when I hear you talked about the change and the voice, I think a little bit about when they talk with the yeah, the effect, you know, it's just like the veil comes up. I mean, Scotty gets very emotional talking about ro You can see it. And whether it's about Ronnie or his mother, I'll get to that in a second, and it's like he's brought back to that moment right there with them.
Speaker 2: That. You know, that's interesting because you got the six', nine massive human being who's got how many championship? Rings six, six who's made millions and, millions who's really been on a. Pedestal it has to be interesting to watch all of that melt off of this mammoth human being and watch him get reminiscent and emotional and almost childlike when.
Speaker 1: Talking those moments are what makes writing books mean everything to, me because to see that somebody famous be somebody, real and to see them show emotion and understanding of their journey and what moves them away from so many athletes these days assume a certain PERSONA i don't even want to interview them, anymore because you can just tell the cliches are going to, come the. Distancing they don't relate to. You but when you spend time with someone or the course of a, book they get down into sort of down to earth with, you really telling you candid, things and they get. Vulnerable the key to a successful book is getting somebody to be.
Speaker 2: Vulnerable how seriously do you take the charge to make sure that vulnerability comes across the words to the. Reader what do you mean if you don't successfully write it in a way that the reader understands how how very real and vulnerable that, is then it's a.
Speaker 1: Miss, well you, know this is so weird because WHEN i write with somebody and take on their, voice sounds, crazy BUT i try to assume their. CARRIACTER i tried to feel Like i'm, them which can get too far at. Times BUT i try to take on the persona SO i in some WAY i tap into my own. Vulnerability so IF i can do, that THEN i can write in their, own their own words their. Vulnerability you get. Emotional oh, YEAH i mean one of the stories in The Sugar Ray lenar. Book i'm not sure how many are familiar with. It but he was sexually abused when he was, young, okay.
Speaker 2: AND i had no. Idea, yeah AND.
Speaker 1: I didn't know, that oh, yeah, yeah yeah. Yeah AND i didn't know about this for like the first four or five months we worked on the, book you, know and then one day he just told, me AND i remember leaving his house and driving about two blocks and parking and just. CRYING i was so moved by it because BECAUSE i also happened with you. TOO i, mean you feel like you have to develop this sense of ownership or. PROTECTING i, mean HERE'S i, am, this you, know relatively small guy dealing with these huge, athletes and YET i FEEL i have to assume the role of the protector because their words are going to be out, there they're going to be, assessed they're going to be, analyzed, reviewed AND i want to make sure they come across factual and fair and. Honest and SO i start to think, of, well what they say is they're going to be is how is it going to come? Across and they're not always so on top of how to protect, themselves believe it or. Not so that's one of my big.
Speaker 2: Jobs we'll be right.
Speaker 1: Back scotti's Mom scotty's. Mom this is another. Story it wasn't around. That it wasn't too long afterwards when When scotty's father was sitting on the sofa having dinner and then suddenly he just dropped his plate slump toward the edge of the. Sofa there was a deranged look in his. Eyes he was food coming out of his. Mouth he was having a stroke on the right side of his, body and from then on he would never be able to walk or really speak. Again he could say yes or, no but he really couldn't put together a full. Sense so think of it about, THIS i think Is Scottie pippens's. BACKGROUND a brother who has an, accident who can't, walk a father then who has a, stroke who can't.
Speaker 2: Walk he has a big, family and these are not wealthy people they're living and where In, Arkansas, Hamburg, arkansas And, Berg. Arkansas, no not wealthy.
Speaker 1: People so there was a lot of criticism over the time When The Last dance came, out the documentary That Michael jordan and the book did basically about The bulls and their, titles and there was. Criticism there has been criticism Of scotty for sort of his contract demands and how he viewed what he what he wanted from the bulls and there's AND i look at people and wanted to, say look at look what he went, Through look what he came. FROM i understand it. Totally so was. Mom, yeah so his mom was just. Unbelievable she just was always there for, him always there for her. Father she just knew how to show. STRENGTH i think he learned learned strength and she learned strength from her. Mother in, FACT i love. This the word on the street Was grandma could work hard as hard as any. Man perhaps it was from growing up in an Arwarin black folks in The south didn't complain about their. Fate they simply accepted whatever The Good lord gave them and did their best to improve their circumstances one day at a. Time and his, Mom scotty's mom grew up In louisiana picking cotton with her mama when she was a little, girl and from her he learned about the work. Ethic, basically.
Speaker 2: She was stricter with me than she was with my brothers and. Sisters they didn't have to go To sunday school in church LIKE i. DID i resented. It feeling is, THIS i was being punished by having to sing hymns and listen to SERMONS i didn't understand while my friends were out. Playing looking, BACK i couldn't be more. Grateful The lord is a powerful presence in my life today and that's because of my.
Speaker 1: Mom thank you for reading. That, yes, absolutely, yeah pretty.
Speaker 2: Phenomenal yeah. Yeah so as you go through you think About Sugar Ray, leonard you think about, you you think About Scottie, pippen all of these people who've reached these levels of. Greatness there's just no way the level of greatness they've attained don't happen without this army of normal folks in their lives that supported them along the.
Speaker 1: Way and that's Why i'm so glad you're turning this podcast in general as, well BECAUSE i think as you get more, successful you start to think that you can only rely on other successful people for these lessons in. Life and that's such bs because the best lessons always come from Those, again the normal, people who their names are not in Light so, okay we don't know who they, are AND i don't think you can stress that.
Speaker 2: Enough, basically now it's time to. Plug on top of What michael said don't you have some social media thing of words of wisdom from normal people or normal folks. Wisdom so On instagram we have a thing called normal Folks wisdom that our guests that say something wise that would be like a quote in a book if they're, famous he now posts them on social. Media, Right so anybody who wants to hear normal folks wisdom just.
Speaker 1: Go to what they often have better wisdom than the.
Speaker 2: Experts that's. It that's.
Speaker 1: GREAT i love.
Speaker 2: That it is. Great, okay so his latest, release and we are going to stay on the topic of supporting greatness with the, people some of the people in the. Book BUT i think it's important to set up the Book The golf one, hundred the spirited ranking of the greatest players of all. Time any time we, rank all my friends argue, about you, know is would you rather Have Michael jordan Or Lakers Kobe kobe or a Chem elaijuan Versus. SHACK i, mean sports fans throughout, history, regardless support always. Rank Was marino better than alway that the fact That marino doesn't have A Super bowl wing make him less important Than Terry. Bradshaw we always want to. Rank it's just the way we.
Speaker 1: Do lebron is the one more fitting Than kobe in that. Argument, yeah that's what you.
Speaker 2: Say we're arguing about. It so, then in your infinite, wisdom you go write a book that nobody's ever going to agree. WITH i love.
Speaker 1: IT i don't want people to agree with. ME i want people to. ARGUE i want people to present their. Case.
Speaker 2: Yeah so you go through over the course of three years and research thousands of. Golfers and one of the beautiful things about this book is you don't care if they're male or. Female, no thousands of golfers and you start ranking. Them and, then in True MICHAEL. R kush, fashion you're not just going to rank them and talk about. Them you want to go interview them and their. Families so it's not just a. Ranking each ranking of one hundred is a profile of these people where you go talk to them and study them and do the history that you learned from your teacher in high.
Speaker 1: School, yeah WHICH i think IF i kind of my, WAY i would never finish the. Book, actually you, KNOW.
Speaker 2: I think your publisher what you. Finish, yeah that's sort of the idea behind. It, yeah WHAT i find vastly. Interesting before we get into, people BECAUSE i want people to understand the work that went under those is you're not just talking about these people as if you read about, them you've actually interviewed them or their. Families, yes, yeah all, right but you also, SAID i don't want to be too arbitrary in my, ranking so you came up with a. System explain. That, okay all.
Speaker 1: Right first of, all in terms of the, research, YES i did not have a life in these three.
Speaker 2: Years.
Speaker 1: OKAY i went back AND i read through Every Golf dies issue since nineteen fifty. What, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: There read Every Golf dides issue for the last.
Speaker 1: That is now THAT i was on, YouTube AND i think there was a missing person report issued on me WHEN i went to, YouTube because BECAUSE i basically dived in and did not get. Out it's the rabbit hole of rabbit, HOLES i. Think AND i. READ i watched every single major TELECAST i could find of every television you, know tournament they've. Had SO i did. THAT i had one hundred, books at least friends of mine gave me books to go, through SO i, Did, hey you know what this fear. Was the fear was who DO i leave out? Here? Right so? Far the book's been now three. Weeks i've not heard from anyone not left. OUT i have heard this, morning you heard twice the same. Name, yeah that was a joke though The memphis radio hits he did this. Morning they both Where's John?
Speaker 2: Daily Where's John?
Speaker 1: Daily, NO i meant SOME i didn't Mean John. Dailey he's not a. Joke somebody. Else they mentioned that that person who plays with The, no, no, no nobody you've Heard John daily will get into.
Speaker 2: That, wait the ranking, first the, metric the, ranking all, right the, metrics the.
Speaker 1: Metrics two thousand points for every major, victory because majors are what comprised greatness in.
Speaker 2: Golf if anybody's watched the Documentary Full swing is a full swing that's been. Out, yeah you don't even have to be a golfer to get into, that but you can tell amongst the golfers. Majors is it? Today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah four times a, year two thousand points for every major, victory five hundred per, second two fifty, third one hundred, fourth and fifty. FIFTH i also ordered three hundred points for every regular tour, victory BUT i didn't count if a guy finished third in The John Deere classic by shooting a sixty five On. Sunday to, me that's not about. GREATNESS i didn't count senior tour. Victories that's not about. GREATNESS i didn't count The Ryder cup because that came along much. Later and what about the players didn't get a chance to play in The Ryder. CUP i also gave bonus points to contribution to the, game impact on the, game and vrieting of other. Factors so that's the outlines of the metric. SYSTEM i have a, question by the, way one other. THING i took away points for players who had won a number of tour, victories but no majors you. TOOK i took await, points AND i thought to, Myself, yeah that feels, Right and it came Down my publisher kept telling, me AND i finally realized my, book my, rules in.
Speaker 2: My book By. Rules if you don't like, it write your own.
Speaker 1: Day. Yeah, ABSOLUTELY i spent nine months with. You, yes, SIR.
Speaker 2: I have to ask this, question uh, oh because it's not part of the METRIC u oh that you've. Described you are so big on honesty and integrity and. Character, yeah did you allow yourself to be dissuaded by horrible?
Speaker 1: Behavior not, really because then you're opening up a whole other series of. Problems, however in the chapter On Tiger, WOODS i did point out the, scandal AND i do believe that that whole thing takes away from some of his. Greatness, yes.
Speaker 2: And that concludes part one of my conversation With michael Ar kush and you don't want to miss part two that's now be able to listen. To, Together, guys we can change this country and it starts with. You i'll see you in part.
Speaker 1: Two look