Speaker 1: I cannot wait to hear if our listeners would be as upset as this woman is. Right, Yeah, yeah, we got a brand new awkward Tuesday phone call today. Welcome to the Second Date podcast, and we love to hear in the comments how you would react if you were in her position. Yeah, I don't know that I would be as mad. I don't know though, but I have different priorities, so it's a little different than yeah, a little cheaper. You'll understand in just a second. But first comments, what do you see Alexis?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Coco said, I grew up with my parents listening to you in the car, and now here I am listening to you at work.
Speaker 1: This show practically raised me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think the next step in your evolution is being on the show.
Speaker 1: I'm just so proud. Oh yeah, job, she has a job. Proud. All right, Well, all right here, your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call starts right now.
Speaker 4: What do you do if you get scammed?
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, like.
Speaker 2: Jose, did you demand your money back after buying all those dis counted online vegan pregnancy vitamins?
Speaker 4: Actually the girl from the studio, that's.
Speaker 2: Fair, Or Alexis, did you hire a lawyer to sue whoever did that to your hair.
Speaker 1: Is great. I would never sue her.
Speaker 4: Are you like the way your hair?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I use expensive shampoo.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what's good for you.
Speaker 2: Luckily, the woman on the phone today is much braver than all of us, because she's ready to confront the person who's been scamming her for the past three years whoa the only problem it also happens to be her boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you heard that right. It's your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call. Next, it's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: Do you trust your significant other one hundred percent? It's brooken Jeffrey in the morning. Like Brooke, I have a question. Okay, what would your husband Michael have to do to completely break your trust? I mean, obviously, like the worst thing would be cheating? Pretty bad may well for you, though, maybe if you found your secret candy stash and need one Reese's cup, that would be the worst.
Speaker 1: You don't know my husband. If you think he can only eat one Reese's Cup out of a stash, he will literally annihilate the entire thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's definitely number one. Cheating is a close second to stealing candy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I trust him in the cheating stuff. Anything else is questionable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bring it. I bet you. I bet he would.
Speaker 2: I bring it up though, because one of our listeners, Pharah, says her boyfriend just shattered her trust. Oh, he wasn't unfaithful, but she did catch him in a lie, and lying might be the third most distrustful thing you can do after and candy stealing. Obviously, we need to hear the whole story first, though, So Parah, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 2: I know I'm sorry to hear that your boyfriend lied, but maybe you could give us the full rundown so we can get up to speed know where you're at.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, god, I guess I thought we had the perfect relationship and you know that he loves me and everything, but I don't know, apparently not what.
Speaker 1: You don't even think he loves you now after this?
Speaker 3: WHOA?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know, I don't know. I did.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: What's his name?
Speaker 5: By the way, Ramone?
Speaker 4: Is that really important?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 5: Okay, I guess it is.
Speaker 4: How long have you and Ramone been together?
Speaker 5: About? Three years?
Speaker 1: Are you living together?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, deep, So what happened? What was the lie that you caught him in?
Speaker 5: So every Christmas he gets me like a designer handbags, a little Louis Baton, a little Chanel, you know all that stuff, right. Yeah, I felt like so spoiled and everything and it was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, whatever you did wrong, I feel like you should forgive them for it, just based on that.
Speaker 1: So is that honeymoon face over? Is that what you said?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I'm getting there.
Speaker 4: What happened? What you said there was a lie?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Okay. So one of my bags, one of the Lestons, the strap broke, and you know, I didn't really think anything of it. So I just took it to like one of the stores and they were like, we can't fix this. I'm like, what do you mean you can't fix it? And they're like, uh, this is fake.
Speaker 4: Wait, it's fake.
Speaker 2: I didn't see that coming to buy a new one, like he has to buy her another five.
Speaker 1: It's a good face, That's what I was going to say. You didn't know if it tricked you?
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm I'm like, I couldn't even believe it. I'm like, no, what do you mean? It's fake? It's obviously it's not fake, it's real.
Speaker 4: Like that's embarrassing.
Speaker 5: And then I finally did believe it because they told me like the signs, like the serial number.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: I felt like just humiliated and it was embarrassing you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's my question. When he gives it to you, is there a big discussion about how much it costs and where he got it from.
Speaker 5: He made it very clear that it was authentic. Oh, and he just took the credit for it. He's like, yeah, well, anything for my girl. I'm like, really anything.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can see where that would be hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So have you like actually talked to your boyfriend about this, tell him that you know that he lied?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I had to tell somebody. So I told like one of my besties and she was like maybe even more horrified than me, and then she got me riled up. And then he's like, if he really left me, he wouldn't trick me. And I'm like, you know what, Actually, you're right, there's no way he didn't know. I just like, I'm so freaking pissed off right now, and I gotta talk to him about it. But I don't know how it's okay.
Speaker 1: If he if he would have given you the bag and told you that it was a faux designer, would you been okay with that?
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess, okay, that's a.
Speaker 2: That's totally possible. Maybe somebody told him that they were real. And yeah, we seem to know if it's fake or not. Either way, when.
Speaker 1: You buy out of a trunk of a car, how could you guess that it's not marketplace and those were fakes?
Speaker 5: Tough times.
Speaker 2: It was done the merced so I have to trust that. But okay, so you want our help. It sounds like confronting your boyfriend for the first time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I need help confronting him and I need help, just like what am I going to do with this?
Speaker 1: Are you open to hearing his explanation?
Speaker 5: He'd better have a good one.
Speaker 2: And after we make the awkward Tuesday phone call, are you open to selling those handbags to Alexis at a discounted rate.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going to need more than a discount. I might need free.
Speaker 5: We'll see.
Speaker 2: That's fine, Well, we're gonna get us a real one. We'll think of some good advice to give you before we let you call your boyfriend to confront him to ask why he tried to lie to you and give you fake designer handbags.
Speaker 4: I already feel bad for this guy. He's about to get a phone.
Speaker 2: Call, or maybe he doesn't even realize they were fakes. Yeah, we'll try and figure it out with your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 5: Thanks guys, it's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: We're talking to our listener fair Uh, who says one of her favorite things in the world is getting a designer handbag from her boyfriend Ramone every year for the holidays.
Speaker 1: Just hits different when you hear this music with it too.
Speaker 2: But one of her least favorite things is finding out three Christmases in that at least one of those designer bags was a fake, and possibly all.
Speaker 4: The other ones too.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Ramone, he's been taking credit and accepting praise for being such a great boyfriend for all these years, for all of his generosity, and that realization has made Farah question the entire relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, what else is he faking?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Has her boyfriend really trustworthy or has he just been trying to deceive her this entire time. She has not spoken to him about it yet, and that's why she wants our help.
Speaker 5: Farah.
Speaker 2: Does all that sound correct? Are we missing anything from the story?
Speaker 5: I think that's about right, Okay.
Speaker 1: I like as she started sad and then just got more angry. Yeah, she told it.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe you'll feel a little bit better after we get you some advice here, Brook, What do you think?
Speaker 4: What's your advice?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that's true, right, But I think that there's a way to know whether he accidentally got scammed or not, really, and that's by saying, oh my god, my best he has been dying to find the same bag that I have. She can't find it anywhere. Where did you get this? And if he says, like eBay t move yeah, back of a bowling alley, then you'll know that he got scammed.
Speaker 2: Right, It's got to be something somebody selling her mez bags legitimately behind a bowling alley.
Speaker 1: But he says, the Birken Store, I don't even even know if those exist. You can't walk on in there. He's got to get invited. Yeah, Well, if he says that, then you know he's lying.
Speaker 4: I do like the idea of laying a trap for him that he'll just walk into the trap.
Speaker 6: Brook.
Speaker 5: I knew there was a reason I trusted you.
Speaker 2: Guys, Sarah, in the radio business, we are number one in laying traps.
Speaker 1: How do we get our listeners to stay?
Speaker 4: That's right? So, okay, you got all the ammunition that you need.
Speaker 2: We're going to step away, dial your boyfriend's number and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: You ready, Yeah, I'm ready. I guess you got this.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hi, you're from It's like another number here.
Speaker 5: Don't worry about it. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 7: I didn't recognize was how hardly was going to pick it up.
Speaker 3: I didn't know it was you, but I'd love to hear you.
Speaker 5: It's me. I just I had a quick question about uh, you know, so Georgia, she like loves my new bag and she wants to get the same one for her sister, and she wants to know where did you get my bag?
Speaker 7: Well, you you means she wants to buy the same bag.
Speaker 5: Yeah, She's like, this is the perfect bag.
Speaker 7: I mean, well, of course it is, is the same one I got for you.
Speaker 5: So yeah, okay, Well where where'd you get it? Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got a downtown babe. That's why I usually get my stuff downtown.
Speaker 5: Okay, like their downtown store, like the official one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like downtown you know.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, okay, you keep saying downtown. You've said it like four times. Now, can you be more specific?
Speaker 7: They like downtown the store you know, you know the store.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you just said it again. Let me make it like really clear for you, really clear and simple, because obviously you need that. I think I know why you don't remember.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we.
Speaker 5: Basically because it's sake, babe.
Speaker 7: Come on, you're talking craziness. Come on, what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Oh I'm talking crazy now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on.
Speaker 5: I went there the other day my strap broke, Like I went there to go get it fixed.
Speaker 7: Well, why will you do that? Why you told me I would have taken care of the babe.
Speaker 5: Well, because I didn't think it was that big a deal and I was already near downtown.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was a new employee, babe. Come on, I mean give me the bag.
Speaker 7: Look, I'll go up at.
Speaker 5: The bag and I'll show me the serial number. And it was like fake it like didn't show up in the system as ridiculous. And there were so many other things too, but I can't even get to explain. And I don't even have to explain because it's this one's sake. Maybe the other ones are too, geez, I don't know.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, mammy, no listen, all right, let's put it this way. Okay, I'm crazy about you, no matter.
Speaker 3: Where I got it, how I got it, where I go out it, who made it, who didn't make it, It was all given to you with a lot of love for me. For me, you know, I'm madly in love with you, Mammy.
Speaker 7: That's a little sobbing, you know.
Speaker 5: But you I don't think you get it. You lie to me, and you lied for like a long time. Do you even understand how embarrassing this is for me?
Speaker 3: But Mamita, our love is real.
Speaker 7: I mean, now we're going with material stuff. I mean, oh my godness, are we gonna let like material stuff?
Speaker 5: Like right now?
Speaker 7: The all the magic that we have.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm only on more, you know, you know, one o the wind this conversation, I'm going to say it.
Speaker 7: I'm going to say it. Will you marry me?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 7: Okay? I mean, if you're going to get into this conversation. That's how much I love you?
Speaker 3: Will you marry me?
Speaker 6: Mammy?
Speaker 3: Happen?
Speaker 4: This is not the moment. This is awful.
Speaker 6: You're not face remote who's told these people? Right?
Speaker 2: I think Ramone is noticing that there's a whole bunch of other voices on this phone call, because Ramone, you actually are on the radio right now on a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Yike, yoh man? What why am I on the phone? Why am I?
Speaker 1: She wouldn't help, she needed help?
Speaker 5: Okay. I called them so that they could help me with this because I had a feeling you were gonna just like tell me a bunch of.
Speaker 3: Bull Oh mommy, but we were talking about both.
Speaker 7: I mean I got you a bag.
Speaker 3: I mean you could phasically touch it and you really have a bag.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you have to like it was real. The whole time you took all the credit. I was like, grow this reel.
Speaker 6: I mean, don't you put things in it.
Speaker 7: It's a bag.
Speaker 4: Like the designer designed it real. You know what.
Speaker 5: Listen, we're getting that conversation.
Speaker 6: The time.
Speaker 1: We need to slow down.
Speaker 2: Let's put the bag aside. What about the marriage proposal? Was that real.
Speaker 7: Of course it's real. I already got the for us and everything too.
Speaker 4: Wow you did?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I'm old. I got the rig for us.
Speaker 5: In downtown.
Speaker 4: Probably did.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I mean where where when do you go and ask, oh, where did you get the rig?
Speaker 7: Did you get to hear you got it there?
Speaker 3: I mean, what is all these all these questions? It doesn't matter what you got it, how you got it is the intention.
Speaker 7: Of giving it.
Speaker 4: Wa man, you're smooth, dude.
Speaker 1: Are you feeling like a lot of pressure maybe to like spend more than you have?
Speaker 3: H The truth is I don't make a lot of money, okay, my job, I don't make a lot of money okay, And I want to deliver, you know, and then sometimes I want I want to go ahead and deliver all the way and sometimes got to do some things here and there to make it happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you didn't think too Maybe I don't know say that, but he.
Speaker 1: Did just say that. It just took a minute.
Speaker 5: It can't be interrogated and being exposed for his.
Speaker 2: Life still, I mean, I think he does feel a little bit exposed right now.
Speaker 4: Ramon.
Speaker 2: I think that that was a very very sweet thing. For you to say, and it makes me want to know, will you marry me? Because I also have a ring?
Speaker 7: Guys, I mean, I really, really really love this girl.
Speaker 1: Please, I means to me. You, guys, this could be a really relationship foundation moment for you too, you know, like maybe you're finally going to open up and be vulnerable with each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's this girl who's talking right now?
Speaker 5: Brook?
Speaker 7: You're the best guys. Listen to Brook, Go listen to these guys. These guys are trouble makers.
Speaker 2: Got you, Ramon, You've said what you have to say. We need to hear from Parah though, because she's been staying pretty quiet.
Speaker 4: Pharah, where's your head at right now?
Speaker 5: I Am going to keep it real simple. I know you love me, I do, but if we're going to have a future together, you need to stop pulling this.
Speaker 7: Okay. I mean I was just that's it.
Speaker 5: That's just period.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 5: And just so you know, if you ever proposed to me with a FA I'm not putting that on my finger.
Speaker 1: And you know she checking it, so be careful.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well that's okay. And I don't know what you mean by fake.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that later, okay.
Speaker 1: Flab grown is still considered real just say here we go.
Speaker 8: Anyway, pair does not agree with you there, but Jeffrey in the morning, Well, after all that, I think they're in a better place than when we started the call.
Speaker 4: Mean, I mean everything's out in the open now.
Speaker 1: Okay. Honestly, though, it sounds like they really love each other, it's just maybe their communication was not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she definitely seems like she is done with his generous gifts.
Speaker 4: Though. It makes me feel like it's one.
Speaker 2: Of those couples that have no idea what the others do or how much she's like, yeah, this.
Speaker 1: For three years, like you know that. You know she's not going to tell her girlfriends it. It's all fake though, right, No, No, she's regretting the charty told one ye he just lost Louis certificate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, the whole relationship suffered. But it is probably a good lesson to anybody with a boyfriend. If they get you any gift, ever, don't trust it, Jack, even if they're buying you a Starbucks coffee, I'd go in skeptical. No, who knows where that latte really came from?
Speaker 4: Downtown?
Speaker 1: Probably same Starbucks cup you keep using over and over again.
Speaker 2: Skepticism is the key to a healthy relationship. All right, all right, let's leave everybody with that message. That's your awkward Tuesday phone call. By the way, if you're listening Mixture, you hit subscribe on our podcast.
Speaker 4: That's the one thing you shouldn't be skeptical of.