Speaker 1: Kean would take me through what you did to get ready for year two this off season before coming here to OTAs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it was a lot of me time figuring out what I needed to get better at as a person, as a leader, and as a player. So I spent some time in Hawaii. I did training there, body weight training, and then kind of empted up to wait later in the training. But it was an awesome experience. Got to clear my mind and get ready for year two.
Speaker 1: Did you meet up with the herbigs at all? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So it was us through there again.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: We all stayed under one roof, so the competitive aspect was there every day all day, which I loved. That camaraderie was awesome and we got after it.
Speaker 1: When you say the meed time to figure out being a better player, better leader, how do you do that?
Speaker 2: Just kind of figuring out how you learn and didn't those times to aks the other vets questions. Nobody's playing ball, so everybody kind of got the same schedule, and you can reach out to those vets who may not play here, but just reach out to those vets who kind of know what it's what it's been like to get from year one to year two.
Speaker 1: And who did you lean on?
Speaker 2: I asked Lane Johnson questions it so it was old lineman Lane Johnson, Yeah, John Runny and I talked to a little bit Nate Nick, But like we just all came up with a plan that was best suitable for ourselves.
Speaker 1: Was there anything you did difference to prepare your body for the physicality and a long NFL season, especially getting off of your rookie season.
Speaker 2: A lot of recovery, a lot of mobility work, just making sure I'm taking care of my body not only in a weightlifting aspect, but the recovery aspect as well.
Speaker 1: It was here I think Dorian ot Is a mini camp last year whre Larry Ogunjobi said he felt like you were a dancing bear. Do you still still feel like you are that dancing bear? Just yeah, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I got my hips loosened up and everything, so I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: And then what goals after exit interviews with the coaches? Did you kind of set for yourself as you head into year two?
Speaker 2: Just really that that taking that next step maturity wise, being a voice that could step up for this team and being that leader who's more comfortable with this role and expanding my role. So that was my kind of mindset going into this offseason. It's how can I expand my role? How can I get lost guys to listen to me? And it all just came down to being myself.
Speaker 1: And do you feel like during ot is so far you've been able to use your voice and implement some of those things you wanted to work with?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, or like I said, like, yeah, I feel like I have. I've always had like a natural flock, like just my personality and in general people attracted to me, so I was I was sure to keep those guys at it and the young guys who came in, take 'em under my wing and do what I can do to help.
Speaker 1: What was it like to see Cam Hayward back here at the facility?
Speaker 2: It was great you came in today and you you could definitely have to tell the energy. Everybody who who hasn't met 'em kind of looking at him figuring out what and I'm just looking like watching everybody perspective. But it was great to have him back in the building.
Speaker 1: What does a guy like him and LARRYO mean to you? And just helping you develop into the NFL player.
Speaker 2: I feel like those are two selfless guys like I. Sometimes I feel like the questions were stupid, but they would answer 'em with with honesty and let me know that they ain't no stupid questions. So, just being the guys that I lean on, my vets to ask any questions, whether it's on or off the field, they're they're always your Alright.
Speaker 1: Can we talk a little wrestling a little bit? Yeah? Okay, if you were to go against Zach Fraser, who would win me? No questions as I'm gonna say me favor for everybody. Okay, then let's do this. What if Zach Fraser and Logan Lee went against each other.
Speaker 2: I'm a D lineman, so I gotta go with the D line.
Speaker 1: Okay, D lion side. Does Peyton Wilson have a chance of taking either of those guys down?
Speaker 2: Taking them down? Yeah, he'll look scrappy, so I I he got a chance first round. He a little scrapy guy.
Speaker 1: Over the past few years, they've dropped a lot of wrestlers. Uh. How is that being incorporated in terms of maybe other people asking questions about it? Or do you guys just talk amongst yourselves about it.
Speaker 2: Uh we. I feel like we don't talk about it as much as people think we do. Okay, but it's just kind of that understanding of who who we are and wrestling like it's just a little another little mini community, just a different sport. Everybody you know, played basketball and stuff like that, but wrestling was the gritty, grimy sport. So it's it's nice to have that little community in the building.
Speaker 1: I know in Wisconsin you had some of the defensive guys like Nick do some wrestling stuff with you. Is that the case here?
Speaker 2: Not really, uh not yet. I'm actually I just found a little spot, but just to roll around and stuff, get get used to falling in certain ways, moving and body in certain ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I kind of talk to Nate about doing it, he says, down, but we haven't got to it yet. Okay.
Speaker 1: Very cool. Well, thanks for your time. We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you for he