Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Trendrick Songs over Baby Videos. Now, my name is Jack. That over there is Miles. This is the episode where we tell you what is trending. It is Wednesday afternoon and March fifth, and yeah, this is just something that came up as we were about to start recording. Just the omnipresence of Kendrick Lamar music now on social media has like I don't think I've seen this before, Like Drake definitely had some songs that went viral and were like all over social media maybe like a song at a time, But Kendrick is now on every genre of Internet video like TV off, squabble up, not like a still on every like so every video I see the sports video, you know what basketball highlights whatever, I don't. You don't need to know feed video. You don't need to know what I look at, But mainly basketball videos, feed videos.
Speaker 2: Are you other stuff dietary enthusiast?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm mainly interested in the feet stuff for scientific reasons. But the but like listening to my wife, My wife scroll through like reels or like Instagram, and she's like basically tennis videos like tenn is videos, video and it's just all Kendrick. It's all like to producer Justin was like I see that ship on my Like I was like watching a baby goat video and it was like nature videos are like turn the TV off?
Speaker 2: Are their head buddies like boom bing bing boo.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't understand.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's part that obviously the Kendrick love that's a huge wave. But also I think just the way of social media algorithms, people know you need to put certain songs to get the shit floated to the top.
Speaker 2: So I think it's.
Speaker 3: Partially like the era that we're in on how to sort of optimize people's you know, ability to be exposed to your social media posts. But also it's just everywhere. I don't know what it is. It is just everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's just pure I mean, yeah, like people know that this is what the people want to hear, and so everybody is using it to get more views to their videos. But I've just like I've I don't think we've seen a takeover by a single album this profound in social media history. I could be wrong, but I yeah, for sure as an right.
Speaker 3: I mean, but there's always like you know, we had our Old Town Road Lil nas X moment, We've had, We've There's definitely been songs that song for sure can't escape, but yeah, the the intensity of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's that weekend song like blinding Lights. There's like all there's lots of the Kate Bush song that was used in Stranger Things. Yeah, uh yeah. Yeah, Like there's definitely songs that go viral, but I haven't seen it like this uniform across every genre and it's multiple songs from the same artist all at once. Yeah, you know, anyways, that's long. Maye last and get into get into some of the lesser known there's a there's a lot of good check out.
Speaker 2: To Pimp a Butterfly. It's a really good work of art.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good kid Man City, I mean, trailer editors know about that one. But all right, Democrats, so trum Trump gave his big speech to Congress, and the Democrats came and they were like, we are not going to take this sitting down. We are going to Okay, we will be sitting down, but we're not going to stand by silently. Okay, well, we will be silent.
Speaker 2: We will respect a korum obviously if obviously we do.
Speaker 1: Not want to be. The One thing we cannot be is criticized by a mainstream media that nobody listens to anymore. We cannot be criticized for lacking de quorum by that mainstream media that nobody has trusted or listened to in a long.
Speaker 3: Time, even though the people were opposed to have also have no sense to korum at all.
Speaker 2: But again, God, we don't want that accusation.
Speaker 1: We've got to listen to the referees that the other side is not listening to and that nobody else thinks we should be sticking to and listening to. Uh, those rules matter to us, and therefore we will. We have half organized a series of confusing non protests for this spool.
Speaker 2: I had a little paper plate with some writing on it.
Speaker 1: So that's a protest sign, that's right. So I mean, see you try and get away with that at Doubts Mavericks game. You know, they kick you out real fast.
Speaker 3: I know MAVs fans have more of an intensity to fucking start shit it up. Oh the members of Congress, I mean yeah, So during that address you saw everything, you saw little paper signs that said musk steals or save medicaid or this is not normal.
Speaker 1: They were. They were auction signs for some reason. They were like, here is how we make it, make ourselves like strike up, pose of like we're with you, we're standing up for you. The people with little auction paddles, little tiny auction paddles.
Speaker 3: Well, they also wore pink jack Some people were pink, but not everyone got that message.
Speaker 2: Some people had custom T shirts.
Speaker 3: With phrases uh oh uh oh yeah, wow, we're back, We're back. We got the custom teas. I mean, it was just really really difficult to watch. I watched the entire address because.
Speaker 1: Damn you did.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think it's part of my job or something. But also like I just like to watch the knife going real slow, like, but yeah, the protests were just really difficult to watch, given, right, what's at stake, the existential fork in the road this country's facing, and to see that maybe ten percent of the people get what's at stake here in the room, some weren't even there. It was just a very difficult thing to watch. And I mean, rightly, many people are like, what the fuck was that? And then in the meantime you're still getting fundraising texts throughout this be like, we can make this thing backfire if you give us fifteen dollars right now, right, I'm sorry, how does me giving you fifteen dollars make this this basically we're on our way to an authoritarian takeover? How does that slow things? He's been saying that for the last couple of years, and it seemed to have like sped things up.
Speaker 1: But that's what they're talking about. That's the small dollar donations backfiring miles, and that's it's not the lack of any sort of intent behind the fundraising emails. It's just that they're wrong to try and fundraise from from small dollars and need to go back to the billionaires that they've already been raising money from. Yeah. So there was also Senator Alyssa Slotkin who offered up the DEM's official response, which repeatedly praised Ronald Reagan.
Speaker 3: She's like, as a Cold War kid, I'm like, oh, cool band, I remember, Yeah, She's I'm thankful it was Reagan and not Trumpet. Were like, hold on, you know the hell that Ronald Reagan has rocked on the country, But sure.
Speaker 1: This is where but like, so this is we talked. So we we talked on Tuesday's episode about this document that was revealed, those marching orders for a new path for the Democratic Party organized by this group the Third Way, which are you know, not stream centrists extreme centrists, and they their thing was like, we just got a tack center, guys, we gotta stop listening to the left wing of the party. We got to just listen to Republicans about what they want, like all the shit that we saw, like Harris start out being like, I think I might do a populist thing. I've got walls. We're going to talk about how weird they are, and then she met with advisors and was like, psych, I'm going to talk about how I have a gun. I'm going to talk about how Israel fucking rips and is awesome, and how we are going to be the most war party I forget physically whatever. Yeah ready, yeah, yeah, Like you cantuck with us, I'd like to see you try, asshole. So like that tack and steadily lost to support momentum. As she did that, They're like, we just got to keep listening to those same advisors. We gotta we got if there's one thing that would have won the election is what if we had praised Ronald Reagan? Yeah, like, what the fuck are you talking about? What are you thinking?
Speaker 3: It just shows you they're all in on the status quo. That's the only thing that the party is capable of doing. Ideologically. If it conforms to the status quo, it's fine. They're fine with it, that's it. And to them, they're like, well, let's raise the specter of Ronald Reagan to remind people how good.
Speaker 2: The eighties were for a very specific group of people.
Speaker 3: That that's what we need to do, and again not meet the moment.
Speaker 2: I think really though too.
Speaker 3: We're seeing the divisions in the party in sort of how members chose to engage with the address. Also, some said straight up, fuck all this shit. I'm not gonna be there. Why the fucked would I be here? That is an app So no, we're not doing that.
Speaker 2: Others were like, I will get clout with my T shirt. But also, fuck this shit. I will walk out, but I'll try, you know, but I'll let them know.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna show my T shirt all the way out. Then people were like, what if I wear pink? And others were like, what if I had signs? It just shows there's no one really at the wheel. But in terms of numbers, the centrist crowd has the most people in the party, so you're gonna get sort of that feeling for Hockeing. Jeffreys was like, we just need to be dignified in our presence in our protests there. But again, it's so funny how many people were referencing the Serbian Parliament, like where all hell broke loose and opposition people were like throwing smoke grenades and stuff like fully shutting down business. But this is the paper Sign Brigade at a moment of very great importance, and it's just like one of these things where for the idea of decorum, I'm like what, I don't even understand the benefit of thinking like, well, we're just gonna be offended by what he says and that will take people up. It's like, that's not that doesn't look like someone who's opposed to anything.
Speaker 1: They go high. That's what it's just sticking to that after they just keep getting their ass beat because you.
Speaker 3: Look at it like this, it's like the political equivalent. Trump pulls up and says, man, fuck you and your mama to your face and they're like whoa, well, I never and most American people are like most people are like sorry, if someone's like it gets in my face, it says fuck you, I say fuck you back, you know what I mean, it's just oh fuck me, nah fuck you. Like that just kind of like our not most evolved way of problem solving. But just to not even see that kind of response of like oh no, no, no, no, we're not doing this shit.
Speaker 1: Are are?
Speaker 3: That's just really lacking and they're literally just waving their arms in silence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, surely this is gonna work. I mean, it really is, Like it's just going to need to be a thing that have than's at a grassroots level in the mid terms, which I like, even even if left leaning party uh you know candidates perform well, like I'm sure they'll outperform the centrist candidates in the next mid term if there is a midterm election and then the Democratic primary, Like if that happens, I'm sure like there will be a Democratic primary, not like they probably won't have a fair election against Trump, but like it will just be a matter of votes.
Speaker 2: People just need to leave the Democratic Party straight up.
Speaker 3: Like if there are people if they're Democrats are like, this isn't working, like that are elected yeah, and they're just like I can't even this is like they're not doing it.
Speaker 1: They're not party for people instead of yeah.
Speaker 3: But that's I think that's the thing when you when we see these little retreats where the Centrists are trying to figure out how to rest control, it's that they see that they're particularly vulnerable to something forking off and doing the thing that they refuse to do, and so they're trying everything they can to try and maintain that. But that would I think signal to a lot of people to be like, yeah, no, this is this is woefully inadequate, and like what the hell is this?
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean like part of me was like when I saw Al Green get kicked out for, you know, disrupting the address, I was like, why didn't every Democrat just do that every fucking minute, there's every sentence, just start yelling, make the sergeant at arms throw a person out, person by person, and you would have fucking thrown Trump off so bad if he couldn't get out his live fest of a speech out because he was saying some dumb shit like really, and I think the thing that was like that might have been interesting is just to hear how even Caroline Levitt, the Press Secretary, is trying to sort of frame things to.
Speaker 2: Be like that was so disgraceful from the Democrats. Obviously it's just performative.
Speaker 3: But if they were if they really started fucking shit up, I feel like they I don't know what their response would be, but this is Caroline level. It's sort of criticism of the Democrats shameful moment by waving their arms.
Speaker 4: And as President Trump asked in his speech last night, how could anyone possibly be opposed to any of this action that he is taking? Well, apparently the modern day Democrat party could. The behavior of Democrats last night was completely disgraceful and demonstrated how the American public.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I'm running for class president of.
Speaker 3: And I mean, I'm just curious, like I know that this is they just do that so they can paint the Democrats with a negative brush and they're like ha ha, But like I wonder if they really did some shit that matched the lack of respect to Republicans have for any sense of decorum, if they would have just said they probably would have clutched their pearls too, because opponent doing the same thing, which is sticking to their sense of.
Speaker 1: They had that action written before the thing, and so you're gonna get the same response from them. I honestly believe there were Democrats who watched that and were like, oh no, they didn't like it. They didn't like what we did. The Republicans were trying to make friends here, just can't make them happy. You know, it's like toxic. They're in a toxic relationship with the Republicans and insist on dragging our ass with them.
Speaker 3: One thing, though, I think a lot of people going into the address was like, is Trump going to actually try and explain why the financial outlook for the country looks so grim and why the prices that he promised he would lower have n't come down one iota. But the short answer was Joe Biden. Yeah, yeah, because he essentially was just like, yeah, man, there's gonna be some bumps along the way with me completely trying to tank the economy, but Joe Biden made these eggs so expensive. Don't don't try and like, you know, analyze one of my biggest campaign promises, Just don't do that, like let's look at in the context of Joe Biden, and like Laura Ingram definitely did. It's just wild to hear. I mean it's not wild at this point, but just they also knew on Fox. You're like, bro, the cuts are hitting people that vote for Trump. The prices aren't coming down. Biden hasn't been president for like almost fifty days. Now what are we going to do? And this is what they kind of do, is like they just sort of reinforce that argument with more nonsense. But I feel like it sounds more and more hollow as just the stakes get higher. But this is Laura Ingram and Josh Holly talking about how it's all Joe Biden's fault.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now the economy is top of mind for everybody. Price is still too high. He's been at Trump been in there for six weeks. But they're bringing egg cartons tonight to make their point because Biden, I don't know, didn't you oversee your the killing of what two million chickens or something because of the bird flew? Yeah, completely overstated threat. But now we're dealing with the brunt of what Biden did. But it's Trump's fault.
Speaker 1: Just gonna say who's fault is out. This is all Joe Biden. We're dealing with the Biden fall out him.
Speaker 2: This is why Trump's energy policy is getting energy prices.
Speaker 3: Down, a good pivot, and this is why like the fucking up of the economy is needed essentially. But yeah, this is that the like lower third said, Biden broke it, Trump will fix it. And I think that's what they wanted people to come away with, but I'm not sure they did because that speech was wild fucking all.
Speaker 1: Over the place.
Speaker 3: They had like a little boy who had brain cancer who wanted to be a cop, and.
Speaker 2: They're like, well, guess what little boy I'm making.
Speaker 1: Here's unloaded gun.
Speaker 3: No, they made this little boy a secret service agent.
Speaker 2: The head of the Secret Service pulled like it was.
Speaker 3: Like the end of The Apprentice or the Not the Apprentice Undercover Boss, where he's like and hear little gifts for you the down trodden, Who I am the architect of all of your fucking shit.
Speaker 2: They gave this little boy.
Speaker 1: A badge m hm.
Speaker 2: The head of the Secret Service gave him a badge.
Speaker 3: And then they're like, oh, and then this jock he wants to go to West Point, Well, guess what, sunny, I have found out that you have been admitted to West.
Speaker 2: But he's like doing giveaways and.
Speaker 1: Show yeah and again, and everybody check under your seat. There are keys to actually psych, they're not keys to a car. A cab does include that little child, unfortunately, Yeah it does, Yes, it does. All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We're back. Also, I feel like the other lesson the Democrats need to learn is just like, yeah, Joe Biden fucking sucks. Like just be like, yeah, he sucked shit like that guy, Like we we agree we're going to be better than him he was president, I think.
Speaker 3: But all this like talk too of like well the Democrats need to do this. It's like being like that square needs to be a triangle.
Speaker 2: Well it ain't.
Speaker 3: It's got four sides. It will never be. It cannot be. Yeah, because we're asking it to do something it is incapable of. And I think the sooner other voters can break out of the paradigm of like believing that the quicker something else can happen. But again, this is this is the absolute fight the Democrats are fighting right now to get convinced people. This ship is not a square still and it's like that might might it's squash adjacent, but it's just it's not.
Speaker 2: It cannot do a thing. It's just not built to do.
Speaker 1: I also appreciate that you you're implementing our plan of you said the talk to of And as many times as we can insert the talk to uh Craze into people's minds, they'll associate us with that show, and then more listeners, more money, and it won't be so weird when we drop our crypto coin.
Speaker 2: But did, but nobody bought it. We couldn't even do a rugball.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Relaunch right coin is returning though, y'all get a back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is actually old news. It is Lent, so today marks the beginning of Lent for Catholics. You might see Catholics walking around with that target on their forehead. Wednesday. Yeah, you having a good twens Wednesday?
Speaker 2: So we do for Wednesday, bro.
Speaker 1: But I had missed this. It's making the rounds though that Mark Wahlberg appeared on the Today Show a couple of years ago wearing the ashes and uh launch remember that what he's calling Mark Wahlberg forty Day challenge, which is like his rebranding of Lent. Yeah, sir, which I don't know, I appreciate it. What do you do? You got to like read something for forty days in a row. But it's yeah. I mean so the way I had Lent as a kid. I was actually talking to my kids day because they heard about ash Wednesday at school, and so they were asking about Lent, and I was talking about, you know, things we had, like I gave up soda.
Speaker 2: Pulled up a chair, and then you turned your hat around. He said, boy, I'm going to tell you that christ Star Savior one second.
Speaker 1: Take you back to the Shwins. You remember one year my mom, who loves chocolate, gave up chocolate for Lent. And then we were somewhere in oh We were at a Knicks game in New York City, and it like got out late on the night that Lent ended, and she like pulled pulled off at midnight to pick up some emin ms. I always the grind midnight Eminem's. This was also I think the latest I'd ever been up. I was so psyched. But anyways, I gave up soda and that's that is how you practice ash Wednesday. And lent. But what one response that I appreciated was like, it's not a accomplishment thing. You're not supposed to be like and that's forty days of working out. It's not supposed to be a thing you do to like make your like fill a hole in yourself. It's supposed to be a thing you do to like make room for contemplation and like quiet your life a little bit. So like they were like, maybe say no to one meeting a day that you would normally say yes to, or you know, like just do do less work instead of being like I'm gonna be like Mark Wahlberg and wake up at three and work out and pray until the sun comes up. And then I get to look everybody in the eye that I see walking around groggily with their coffee and be like, hey, I'm.
Speaker 2: Better than you, bro, Bet you forget four.
Speaker 1: I'm doing the Mark Wahlbrick challenge the Catholic The thing about Catholicism, that's great, it's so many loopholes, so many loopholes they you can do anything and then be like I went to confession, bro, I'm good. Lent is supposed to be forty days, but they're like, actually it's forty six because we don't count the Sundays, and on the Sundays you can do whatever the full want. Whatever you're giving up go off. Yeah. So it's basically you're supposed to give up something to make room for the Holy Spirit. As I say to the children at the dances that I chaperone, that's a I think a reference to an eighties movie of some sort.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's something everyone says to a dance where there were Jesus freaks being the chaperon. Yeah, it's just it's more abstaining from stuff.
Speaker 2: Look y'all, just just don't listen to Mark Wahlberg.
Speaker 1: I think it's lent this year with this cleanse. Uh, just bread and wine all day.
Speaker 2: It would probably kill Mark Wahlberg. And someone's like, Bro, you're actually the worst Catholic ever.
Speaker 3: If you know this, I know you're trying to act like you're like the goat Catholic celebrity or whatever, but you're actually like a terrible Catholic.
Speaker 1: That was the weirdest thing is when the Pope came to America and like visited Philadelphia, Mark Wahlberg mceed the event. Mark Wahlberg has like nothing to do with Philadelphia other than that Eagles movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, happy lent to everybody. Uh, this is a movie. I didn't know what's happening. I'm a little confused by it, but I'm intrigued. So Steve Carell has joined Jesse Armstrong, the creator of Succession's new movie, which includes Jon Jason Schwartzman, romy YUSAF, Cory Michael Smith.
Speaker 2: Who's Corey Michael Smith?
Speaker 1: Bro, I was hoping you were not gonna ask.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I was going to be, like, Oh, from the eighties they had three name motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: By the way, I met somebody named Corey who was like in their probably seventies. Oh shit that. I was like, Yo, are you the first Corey? Yeah? Like you know, there's always got to be a first of like any of these names, Like what's the oldest Jaden that's alive?
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 1: You know? Corey?
Speaker 2: Uh a story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was thinking about when Lisa Simpson was addicted to call on the Corey hotline. This guy was He's just an actor, He's just a guy. Okay, all right, shout out Corey Michael Smith is Saturday. Oh he played Chevy Chase in the in the Saturday Night More.
Speaker 1: Oh he's good. He's really good in that. I just watched the first half of that. It's not any movie, but I'm old and I need a bedtime. Uh So it's them three, Them four, Them, it's them four, and it's about a group of billionaire friends who get together against the backdrop of a rolling international crisis. I'm assuming it's based in some of these interviews we've talked about on this show where like billionaires are like they all have their own like escape plan, bug out plan where they've been like, all right, so here's the plan. I have the like island that I've purchased, I have a security force that I've purchased that are ready to go at the drop of a hat. But will I have to kill them, all right? Or do I just have them come and then kill their family so that they don't have anything to go back for or anyone to feed. But anyway, I'm assuming it, Like I think that's a good fit for the Succession creator.
Speaker 3: Someone who knows how to at least show the fucking wacky world of just hyper wealth and greed and how miserable people are and how.
Speaker 1: I'm the editors tell me Corey gained popularity in the sixteenth century. Oh my god, I've never seen a historical Corries. Damn the oldest, oldest Cory ever.
Speaker 3: Let me see if that has a Google. No, no, at the Google. The things I said, city, oldest city ever. No oldest person named Cory who was? Okay, how about this?
Speaker 2: Who was the first famous?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Zichang hit us with, if Google's not.
Speaker 2: Gonna work on this, not that Corey Haim.
Speaker 1: That's what. That's what. The earliest I could come up with was like the two Corries back of the day, you know, probably in the seventies. I feel like the seventies was a cory S decade, and I guess that's when like those Corries were born, so that makes sense. But yeah, I don't remember much before that. Yeah, I also wasn't alive, So what the fuck do I know? Sir, Corey Enfield born thirteen seventy Brian. You've ruined. You've ruined my whole point here. I will never forgive you. Yeah, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know about this. Yeah, or you just whatever, shout out, Corey.
Speaker 1: That's just like your opinion Brian, all Right, uh, Disney has So we talked before about how there's this Pixar show that's coming as like the first I think show that Pixars do. Maybe not, I don't know who, impossible to know. Really, I don't remember. I don't remember another Pixar show, but I know Mowana Too was supposed to be a Maana show.
Speaker 2: Win or Lose is the Pixar's first original animated series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, after they gave up on Mahana two, we're like, I don't know, edited into a fucking movie, man, like just fucking give the piggies some slop. It sucks shit and the movie like broke box and broke the box office when it went out, but we got more streaming stories. So earlier this year we were talking about how they cut a transgender storyline from this show, and now it's announced that, don't worry, They're still concerned about diversity. They are adding a Christian character, so you know, we get to hear.
Speaker 3: From all all background, all marginalized people. Yes, what that feels like an onion headline? Right, It's like, oh, they disappear trans character for Christian white character, or are.
Speaker 1: These the most disrespected minority in the world according to only Christian white people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's that's a trope.
Speaker 3: You see a lot of right now. Like Matt Wallash recently was saying every good thing has been built by a white man. They have to live in the last year and have the least amount of confidence of anyone in America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: I mean just facts. Uh also specifically hit the security system that he used to imprison his ex wife was built by a white man he contracted out to. All Right, miles, those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, March fifth. We are back tomorrow with a whole ast episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines while you still can get your blue shot. It's a bad one this year. Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will our kill tomorrow. Bye bye,