Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Zeitmer before Chris Print. Yeah, yes, I will it is. My name is Jack that over there, Well, that's the creator of that trending title, mister Miles, the creator of the Matrix and the Terminator.
Speaker 2: He wrote, I wrote the Matrix, also wrote Terminator, and I'm not Jaguar right, she's actually stealing my ideas just for the.
Speaker 1: Record, part of record. For the record, I wrote the Matrix. How's it going, man?
Speaker 2: Uh just I'm I'm I hope people who are living in the path of this hurricane are getting to safety, and I hope everything is being done for those that are unable to get out, because everything I'm seeing is making me increasingly more and more uh just very scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and just like also lives in Tampa did get out, Thank God. Good call on the car, because there's.
Speaker 2: Just there's just a ton of shit I'm just on social media, whether it's misinformation or like ominous things with like animals like scurrying away or people being so arrogant.
Speaker 1: That Sandhill crane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my husband's a commercial grade builder. We live on the water in Tampa. We're not going anywhere and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, so rude, We're not going anywhere. Fuck.
Speaker 2: Like the takes too of Like a lot of people are making jokes about just you know, like how like conservatives like this isn't you know, this is a machine that's doing it or whatever, it's fake God, But then you're like, yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: The it's the cars we drive, are the machines that are doing it. The fuels that hurricane Yeah, the things that we're powering the earth, those are quite actually.
Speaker 1: The the machines.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Yes, there's a lot I think a lot of stuff happening around it that we'll talk about.
Speaker 1: I'm hop in the hurricane machine and go to rauts. Yeah, well we are going to talk about that. Because Disney World is closing for Hurricane Milton. That is going to be the twelfth closure in the park's history. So they are taking it seriously, which is good. On the other hand, less good. Several floor to jails and prisons are straight up refusing to evacuate their residents, even though some of them are in the zone a evacuation area that is supposed to be evacuated first, not just like evacuated all like if at the first. Yes, and that's not.
Speaker 2: A good thing being in a Well, I'm a group A, I get to board the plane first, not like a plane boarding situation first. Zone A could face a storm surge of up to eleven feet. And yeah, they're supposed to be priority evacuations, like, evacuate them first, then we'll figure out the rest. They're not evacuating at all. A deputy with Manatee County Jail old Newsweek that the jail would reportedly be stocked with sandbags and other supplies, and in the event of flooding, residents would be moved to the top.
Speaker 1: Floor of the jail. And didn't this happen? Yeah, this happened with Katrina.
Speaker 2: And wasn't there what movie was made around them, like Bad Lieutenant or something like the remake.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't know, I haven't seen either Beds Lieutenant. Oh yeah, yeah, okay, but yeah, in that case, prisoners went days without food, water, and ventilation. Deputies admit that they received no emergency training and were entirely unaware of any evacuation plan, and even some prison guards were left locked in at their post to fend for themselves, which pretty horrible. Yeah, my god, I mean yeah.
Speaker 2: The other thing too, is like I mean, I don't know if we touched on this, but there was like a business owner who was not allowing his employees to evacuate and demanded they still work.
Speaker 1: And then those people.
Speaker 2: Were tragically like swept way in the waters and a few people died and Helene, yeah, yeah, and Helene and God, it's like I hope that this just like sick trend of like the boss culture being like you gotta keep working until I say so doesn't lead to this, but yeah, please be safe because there's also a ton of nonsense being spewed out there that would have people believing that maybe you.
Speaker 1: Don't have to worry about this at all. Yeah, Like a Republican had to come out with a statement to his constituents, right, like Chuck Edwards from North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Yeah he so again North Carolina obviously experienced a lot of terrible devastation from Helene. He had to come out like like it says, dear friend, like you know, just being like, look, I get it, there's some stuff maybe FEMA could have done better, but I think some people need to dispel these myths. It has like seven bullet points It's like says one Hurricane Helen was not geo engineered by the government. No, oh, one can control the weather. They are not looking for lithium deposits at Chimney Rock. FEMA is not stopping trucks or vehicles with donations or confiscating supplies or turning away donations. FEMA has not diverted disaster response funding to the border or foreign aid. FEMA is not going to run out of money. FEMA cannot seize your property or land. The FAA is not restricting access to airspace for Helen rescue and recovery operations. FEMA is not only just providing seven hundred and fifty dollars to disaster survivors to support their recovery.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's just wild too.
Speaker 2: When you have a Republican who's just probably so sick of the nonsense that you hear constituents probably like being like, well, what are you gonna do to stop the FEMA cam didn't It's.
Speaker 1: Like, what the fuck are y'all here? What? No, that's not how many of the shit works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, it's but again, you know, there's just non stop shit, you know, coming out of like Facebook, posts and far right influencers too.
Speaker 1: He needs to get one of those Biff cards. You ever hear that story about how Bit, the guy who played Biff and Back to the Future just keep the card on him and everythnswer would come up to him, Kai, excuse me, he would just hand them the card that was like, yes, I'm Biff from Back to the Future. Uh. No, I didn't get to drive the Dolorean. Making the movie was a blast. Michael J. Fox is really nice, like just the five questions he gets every time.
Speaker 2: Yes, and yes, I do think hoverboards should exist.
Speaker 1: Sadly they don't.
Speaker 2: And no, I don't have an actual almanac with all of the future results of major sporting events contained within it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love just somebody reading that being like yeah, but no, oh wait, sorry, I'm seeing here that hoverboards don't exist. Yeah damn. That was the one that I really thought nobody else was going to ask you, did you think hoverboards would exist? By now? From watching Back to the Future, I thought it did not. Oh damn.
Speaker 2: I watched that and I was like I can't I mean like, I can't wait, I can't wait for the future and watch these ones will go on water I don't care what the movie said.
Speaker 1: Yes, one will work on water. I guess I mean the one that like blows the air down. I think like that. Yeah, but didn't really doesn't. It never totally made sense to me, right, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, that's that's probably the four year advantage you had on me in age when you saw it versus me.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, we're like, little does it come out? It's a toy, it said, Mattel makes it so it's it has to be real. Yeah, all right, And then just a note that as Milton is making landfall, Republican House members are sponsoring a bill that frames climate as a false emergency. So these are two Republican lawmakers co sponsoring the legislation alongside seventeen other Republicans, including several that represent the Gulf Coast region. And yeah, they call it a false emergency. That is the language that they use. And it's basically aiming to make it so that oil and gas industries can't be you know, held back from doing their thing.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, fucking on.
Speaker 2: American absolutely absolutely, yeah, protected the fragile industry of the oil pumpers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. We are back. So Kamala Harris is doing a media blitz on The View. Colbert call her daddy, Stern had some good Stern had some good answers on call her daddy cracked a brew with Colbert.
Speaker 2: That's the final hurdle, man, Yeah, you know exactly. You pass the beer with you.
Speaker 1: That's not to have a beer with this person. Right. The View appearance, I feel like was not her finest work, and it's truly on your starting to feel like both sides are like trying to lose this race. I mean, I guess Atliet Trump is trying to win with people who are racist and already like in the bag for him. But Harris just don't even know how to interpret like what she's going for. I mean, I guess I do. She thinks that she can win over the undecided, like she she's just like New York Times brained, trying to both sides it. Yes, So, when asked what she would have done differently than Biden, she said, not a thing comes to mind, and then added that she would have a Republican in her cabinet. Like later she was like, actually, you know what. Here, here's what I'll do. I'll be even more to the right of gid In, a historically unpopular president who like that is why you are now running for president. It is because he completely fucked the handling of Israel, and uh, like you need to be willing to run the fuck away from him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean this is they're they're they're they're they're just playing it so safe, you know what I mean, And.
Speaker 1: Which is weird because it's not safe exactly.
Speaker 2: It's the feeling that logically, by trying to appeal to people who are to the right of them, that they can expand the base when there are plenty people that are to the middle and left that you could expand the base with in much larger numbers than like the Hailey voters.
Speaker 1: You might be trying to pick off.
Speaker 2: I just it's also like really frightening too, because even though like we're talking about we're talking about climate change also, and they constantly talk about like the record numbers in which oil production is happening like domestically, Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Like that's part of the fucking problem. That's part of the problem. The whole thing just seems to be aimed at trying to like defend themselves against any bad faith attack. Like they're just trying to win over people who they're not going to win over. They were never going to win over. So Israel is openly trying to get you know, nt Yahoo's openly trying to get Trump elected by trying to start an all out war in the Middle East. And you know, if they succeed, their reasoning is Trump will be willing to like launch America into that war right along with them. So now it's like up to like whether Iran fights back and enters an open war, because like if they do, like that's if there's just like open war between Iran and Israel, like Trump will probably get elect at that point, Like I mean, regardless of like the election.
Speaker 2: Right, there's you're talking about like nuclear armed states.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the other part of it.
Speaker 2: You're talking about people with nukes that are now just saying, let's enter into full, full un armed conflict that can get fucking so spicy so quickly that it could completely just change the entire course of the Earth. I mean, well, we'll talk about this probably in one of the later episodes, But there was a journalist who like confronted Matt Miller from the State Department about this, and it's like a really poignant clip because he's just just straightforward being like this, this could be this could end terribly for everyone forgetting like the politics of it, Like we're talking about something that could reverse the course of humanity if we have like a hot nuclear war suddenly. So yeah, a lot of stuff is very very disconcerting, and you know, I think also just seeing how the focus is increasingly being paid to like illegal immigration and the rhetoric around that, it's just very yamb.
Speaker 1: The one thing we have done, of course, is I do think Iran is generally like more rational than they're given credit for by the Western media, and so I don't I don't know. I'm hoping that they don't fucking launch into all at war.
Speaker 2: This is but I mean, yeah, at this point, this is this is really of the US forum. US foreign policy has brought things to.
Speaker 1: Not a great position, no, not at all, and then they won't fight back. Yeah, and that's not you.
Speaker 2: You would probably get more people interested if you were saying like no, this like we need we need to stop all of this, We need to figure out how to peacefully de escalate everything, rather than being like, yeah, man, I mean, I'm not gonna I'm not going to say they don't have a right to go after. Now let's add to the list Lebanon, Iran and you know, expanding that.
Speaker 1: We're the cruelty party too. Yeah yeah, yeah, anyway, Yeah, it's just a leap up to miles. It's so funny that you should ask that because do a Lipa put pickle and jilipino juice in her diet coke?
Speaker 2: Oh thank god, Jack, get me off this planet.
Speaker 1: That what? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, what, it's just so weird. The dirty Martini of diet coke for diet coke.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, that's that's called Mississippi Mississippi mudwater right there, when you like get all the pickle juice and jalapena juice in there, isn't our world really, It's just so funny, Like I think about everything we talk about. It's a good one hand, this could be an existential threat to humanity, but also do a Lipa is still seeing her diet coke with some pickle juice and jlapenos and guests what Hoda and Jenna tried it and what's the verdict.
Speaker 1: Did they like it? I don't know, because the Internet is broken because it's choked with ads, so the internet works far worse than it did fucking ten years ago. Bad Timeline. Yeah, yeah, yes, fucking sucks.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I guess I'll try it.
Speaker 2: I mean, if that's all we got left is putting pickle juice and halapeno juice in our diet cokes, and I'm all in.
Speaker 1: I'm all in, man, Yeah, I like I like a spicy beverage, spicy bev. You do you ever put anything in your diet coke?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Like any way, No, why am I even saying that?
Speaker 2: Like I'm asking you as if you're like super adventurous with your diet, Like I just drink that shit. It's fucking talking about I like to add honey vomit. Yeah, it's a little bit of honey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they seem like they're okay. Jenna, by the way, is uh Jenna Bush? Oh yeah, wish I just realized. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, what a cool world we live. Yeah, I did not realize that. So the new like Kathy Lee is Jenna Bush, the W's daughter daughter of George W.
Speaker 2: Bush, And it's got that like little w face too, you know what I mean. You can see it, you can see the bush there. Hell yeah, I mean and by that I mean her family name.
Speaker 1: They are not fans, but judging from the drink, I mean, they have the look of people like a twelve year old who just tried whiskey for the first time, you know what I mean, Like by accident. It's like, oh, why would anybody drink this? Well, I mean, but a famous person did, so we gotta try it. We got it, that's right. Dulipa feels like she's probably doing an experiment just to see like the dumbest shit that she can get people to do based on her. Uh, or maybe she enjoys this.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I mean, or maybe we're we don't Maybe we're already dumb enough and we don't need du Alipa to prove that.
Speaker 1: And finally, Collider has come out with their list of the ten worst late career movies by great directors in honor Megalopolis, which, oh wow, that's right of Megalopolis still makes me kind of intrigued, which just ones in. Uh, They're just like, maybe this will age well at some point, maybe just the world isn't ready for something so bizarre and uncompromising. It's it's like bad. But also they say it fluctuates between goofy, tedious and overly sentimental. At the drop of a hat, you should pick up that hat. And they say he had a vision and he certainly realized it.
Speaker 2: What like, I'm looking at these other movies on the list, What the fuck is Dracula three?
Speaker 1: D Oh, you don't know Dracula three? No, I don't know. That's number one on here. I'm like, what the fuck am I looking at? Least like Rucker Howard holding two sticks and being like, ah, I banished thee. It was made by Dario Argento, who made like Area and Deep read like a lot of a lot of classic films, works of horror style, and they kick off the list. And this is what got my attention with Ferrari, which I hadn't I hadn't really seen it put on level as like a disaster. This is the Michael Man movie that I watched last year. I watched it when it came out, and it has some questionable performances, but it also has car crashes where it reveals that people before seatbelts would fly out of cars when they were in car crashes, like they were spring loaded, Like air pods fly out of a case when you drop them.
Speaker 2: Oh yep, yep, yep, you know, or when my baby throws them. Yeah, yeah, he loves my fucking AirPods. Dude, He's like he knows them by name. Now he goes AirPod and then just like pulls them out and then just throws him up like it's a fucking wedding and they're he's throwing rice, and I'm like, I am constantly losing them.
Speaker 1: So I'm learning to not babies shouldn't be hatch probably doing Jesus, that's probably what the gen Z's doing these days, throwing AirPods instead of race.
Speaker 2: I mean, I saw public enemies that wasn't great either, But then you know, he did heat and like Ali Collateral, Miami Vice, all that kind of stuff. But yeah, I guess for I mean, I don't know, I didn't really hold Michael Mann up in such high regard that I would also be like.
Speaker 1: And you know, it was a real l for Michael Man was Ferrari, but I don't know, he classics like Last of the Mohicans.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's very I love the message and everything about it. But like, yeah, the thing I love about Collateral is also I think he really went out of his way to capture what used to be LA's signature light look, which is we had orange tinged street lights in Los Angeles, and it's a huge part of like the aesthetic of that film, and I think for like Angelino's that's kind of like a very important detail that I'm I appreciate.
Speaker 1: And just time travel in the movie Collateral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exact sodium vaport with technical specs, sodium vapor rep yep, sodium vapor gang baby.
Speaker 1: Because now everything's LEDs.
Speaker 2: I had one at the end of my block that was still one of those old school ones and like in the last few months.
Speaker 1: The city came and changed it out. It's kind of a bummer end of an era. Yep hmm. All right, well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, October ninth. We are back tomorrow with the Who last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, get your flu shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Right,