Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys. This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the.
Speaker 2: Star and Frisco.
Speaker 3: Today is Tuesday, April second, twenty twenty four. It's officially Draft month and we are twenty three days away from the NFL Draft in Detroit, Michigan.
Speaker 4: Welcome in to the.
Speaker 3: Draft Show, presented by Miller Lte a taste you can depend on. We've got Ayisha Morrison, Brian brought us, Nick Harris, Zach Walchuk, I'm Kyle Yeomans with Chris Beam running everything in the back.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: We're within twenty three days. Pro days concluded, including Big twelve Protey across the way this past weekend. Got to see some fun aspects over there. We've got thirty visits happening this week. There's a lot going on around the building.
Speaker 5: Nick Harris, Yeah, absolutely, thirty visits are starting tomorrow as we're talking. That'll be on April third. They'll go through Friday, and basically what will happen is these guys will come into the building and go through a car wash style, you know, meeting with the team. They'll meet with coach McCarthy and Jerry Jones, They'll meet with a scouting department, they'll meet with the position coaches. They'll meet with medicals, they'll meet with a security team, they'll meet with even the.
Speaker 6: Media a little bit.
Speaker 5: There's there's a lot that these guys will do within a span of you know, four to five hours and then right back on their flight back home. So's it's an opportunity for the Cowboys to be able to sit down in front of these guys, get an opportunity to know them a little bit better on a personal level.
Speaker 6: Also be able to talk some ball with them a little bit.
Speaker 5: You know, at the combine, you can meet with these guys for fifteen minutes, you know something, sometimes you can try to stretch that to twenty, so you can't really talk a whole lot in those twenty minutes, but you get them, you know, out of their natural element, get them in, get them in the building, see how they operate around other prospects as well. They do a big meeting beforehand with all the guys and that kind of gives them an opportunity to see what they do, you know, in a in a big group setting. So there's a lot that they can take out of these thirty visits. And it sounds like we'll have some names to drop here in a minute as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna have some names for you for the first time.
Speaker 3: And there's a there's a long list of guys, Brian that have been on this Dallas Cowboys team and have been thirty visits. That's why you got to pay attention to these visits because it's a.
Speaker 4: Pretty good indication.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty good roadmap of what Dallas is thinking going in the draft weekend.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're absolutely right. That Dallas Day which they had yesterday is something that is very important to the scouting process and Nick did a great job of explaining exactly how the process is going to work for these players, and it's it's really the first opportunity too for Jerry Jones to sit down and to see and to meet with these prospects. He's he's seen the players from maybe a senior Bowl, maybe they've done some pre draft stuff, he's watched some tape, but to sit down and get a feel for these guys. I think it helps everybody in the organization to kind of understand maybe if you've got a couple of guys you're looking at on the board and that you've got similar grades on that thirty visit might sway you in that direction, because, hey, listen, we liked this kid. We brought him in. He handled the medical stuff, he handled all the interaction. Some of these kids will show up coat and tie and you kind of get impressed by that. I remember a time where when I was at Green Bay Packers, we brought in a gentleman named Bob Kerberski, and he was from the Naval Academy, and he showed up in his full dress whites, and I said, you know what, this is amazing that, you know, add the fact that I took him to a taco bell because that's what he was craving. He goes, can we somehow go to a taco bell? And I said absolutely, And the fact that he did not spill one bit those tacos on those dress whites. Moving up the board, he went from fourth round guy in a second awareness.
Speaker 7: Not surprising that a Navy man was craving taco bell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that the first thing. That's the first thing he asked on a thirty visit, you know, the first thing he asked was he goes, could we stop at a taco bell? And I said, I said really, and he goes, he goes please, and I go, uh, we got so we went. We went in the line there and Bob ate his tacos full dress whites, and then we went on and met. But it's a thirty visits is a great opportunity to be able to get a really even better feel for these kids.
Speaker 3: I love that story for two reasons. One because it's the ultimate sign of respect for him to show up in all whites and to be able to have the dress whites on. But then also it shows like he's comfortable being him yeah regardless, you know, like you can take away little things, and that's part of what this week is is you get to take away just the little.
Speaker 2: Things and try and read in between the lines.
Speaker 3: And I think last year showed you Man's Mazzi Smith was a thirty visit. Matthew Bergeron was not a thirty visit. They were the ones that were on the board going into that twenty seventh.
Speaker 2: Overall pick that were being debated through.
Speaker 3: They ultimately ended up with Mazzie Smith probably, and I had heard he had a great thirty visit last year, so maybe that is part of why that decision was made and how they went that. Yeah, honestly, it's probably the part of the entire draft process that I'm most envious about because we can sit there and honestly, the film is probably the most important.
Speaker 8: But you get to kind of get a feel for the human being. What makes this person tick, how much do they really love the game?
Speaker 4: You know, what are some of the little things.
Speaker 8: That Okay, I can get a feel for this guy characteristic wise versus some other prospects. So to your point, if you have guys that are close, like these offensive linemen that you might have similar grades on the dbs, the wide receivers that stretch, it's like, okay, we might have a third round grade on this guy. And all right, here's a guy in the fourth that I think we'd be really happy with. He came in, we met with him, we know him, we got to know him. He's a family guy. The values are there check fundamentally everything we want in our locker room and in our building.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, and then we already know what this team. I don't have a whole bunch to say about it because you don't said at all, But.
Speaker 9: This team is a what is the word I'm looking for? Connective.
Speaker 7: They we know that they can hinge on to you know, people that they meet, but they also too, They really, maybe more than some other teams, value the one on one and the person and trying to connect to the player and things like that. So I'm definitely feeling like thirty day visits and also Dallas Day are going to be important to whatever even they have to replenish on practice squad as well in different areas like this is it. So all of this is important to the process.
Speaker 3: And it's still very early in the thirty visits. We don't have the full list, but we have some names that we can share.
Speaker 2: Right Yeah, there we go. It's gonna come out dot com right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I'll we'll have a little bit more names to share on Dallas Cowboys dot com later, so be sure and check into that. These are the names that have already been reported, so I'm not I'm not breaking any thing here we go.
Speaker 6: We'll start with those.
Speaker 5: Linebacker Nathaniel Watson out Mississippi State SEC Linebacker of the Year last year. Really productive there for the Bulldogs. Linebacker Edrian Cooper out of Texas A and M. We've talked about him ad nauseum in my opinion, the best linebacker in this class. Linebacker Trevin Wallace out of Kentucky. Shout out to Nicole Hudgeson for breaking that one about a month back and six two two twenty. Really really fun guy. We've talked about him a lot, really athletic presence. Linebacker Jordan McGee out of Temple. Probably a more narrow running back or not running back linebacker, yeah, but has the instincts to play in that second level and be very productive. Linebacker Peyton Wilson out of North Carolina State. Shout out to my man brought us to the left. That's linebacker one, yeah, absolutely absolutely. And then running back Jonathan Brooks out of Texas. So those are the ones that were reported.
Speaker 4: About the list.
Speaker 2: The linebacker, linebacker, linebacker, linebacker, linebacker.
Speaker 4: You think they're hunting linebackers.
Speaker 5: A lot of linebackers. And then also this morning, out to Ryan Fowler out of Bleacher Report reported Matt Goncalvis from Pittsburgh the offensive tackle. He will be a thirty visit as well. He was a Shrine Bowl guy. He's been battling a toe injury. He only played in three games as a senior, but had he played his whole senior season, I think we'd be talking about him as a Day two type guy. So he's he's probably a high risk, high reward from a medical standpoint as well. So you know, the Cowboys, even in those later rounds, we're looking at those high risk, YGH reward medical guys. But here are the names we're gonna drop here. I'm gonna go ahead and give you five and then we'll have a more complete list later in the day. Be sure to check out with Dallas Cowboys dot com. We'll start with the offensive tackle, Talisi Fluaga out of Oregon State. It depends on who you talk to. Top two tackle in the class might not be too Him and Joe Alt have been, you know, kind of right there together. I think over the course of the last few weeks, especially since the Senior Bowl and Fuagga was able to put some things together there. Running back Bucky Irving out of Oregon I've talked about him a lot. I think he's a guy that can do a lot of things in the receiving game, do a lot of things in the run game. Probably didn't have the best combine in the world, but he he's He's definitely a Day two type of talent. Trey Benson out of Florida State, running back. We've talked about him a lot. Arguably the most complete back in the draft, and he will be. He will be in attendance nine hundred yards each of his last two seasons. And we'll round up here with two sinners, Jackson Powers Johnson out of Oregon and Graham Barton out of.
Speaker 4: Duke play together.
Speaker 2: Everybody onboard the Grand Barton train. Yeah, boys, let's go. Can I be vice president? Absolutely, let's go.
Speaker 5: All right, So a really good, really good, a really good list that is coming together. We probably won't be able to share the whole list at any point because you know, we'll be able to talk more on a post draft. I mean, there's a reason for those things, unfortunately, but we are we are here to talk about these guys and the guys that are coming through this week. I think it's gonna be a really interesting process.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: So run through those last five names. The one that you just talked through.
Speaker 3: So that way we have it all because it was Nathaniel Wilson, Edrin Cooper, Travan Wallace, Jordan McGee, Peyton Wilson, Jonathan Brooks.
Speaker 2: That was the first list. All of those have been reported.
Speaker 3: These are the new reports for guys that are coming in this week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Matt Goncalves was also one that was correct reported this morning. But the ones that we're dropping here Telisi for Wog out of Oregon State running back, Bucky Irving out of Oregon, Tray Benson Florida State running back, Jackson Powers Johnson Oregon Center, and Graham Barton Duke Offensive Lineman in my opinion center.
Speaker 3: But any of those interest you, Aisha, whenever you hear those names coming.
Speaker 2: Off the board.
Speaker 9: I mean, no, I think what interests me the most of you.
Speaker 7: We've talked about all these humans, But I think what interests me the most is the variety that's there is that we've talked about how we believe that maybe this draft will fall. It looks like maybe they feel like I mean, obviously they're doing it because they have the team bill, but also two, I think it's healthy for them to get a look at all these different positions and different guys because we think this board might fall in their favor in a lot of ways, because it's so tackle heavy, because the wide receiver class is so high that some of these stars that we look at might be there. We all got a lot of first round grade. So I think they're doing the right thing by checking everybody out.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Brian?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I actually hit right on the on the head there. You know, we've talked about the thing with the linebackers. It's it's obvious there that they're going to try and figure some things out with that crew. Maybe sort that out. We'll see how the things work with Wilson Cooper, Cooper the healthier of the two players, Powers Johnson Barton the sinners. Okay, I think that with Powers Johnson, now it's about people understand there's some medical concerns with him that we are going to learn about. Is it enough to keep him from getting drafted? I think some people maybe thought him as initially as the high guy. I think we're starting to see that maybe Barton on some people's boards, is taking over at center number one just for some Now, Barton has his share of stuff that he I talked to a guy at the Duke Pro day. He's dealing with the shoulder injury that he had. He wasn't able to do any punch or any bench press, you know. So there's some things you're working through there. But it's an interesting group that they're hunting right here. But it's at the positions that we kind of feel like that's where they're going to need to go. Offensive tackle. When you talked talking about running back and then also the linebacker, all these things that we've talked about basically since January are starting to kind of materialize as we work closer to this draft.
Speaker 3: It's no surprise and it's no coincidence that all of these names at some shape, fashion and form we've talked about along the way. Yeah, because these are the guys that fit the bill from what the Cowboys are looking for, and we're starting to see that more and more as the week goes on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was a I wanted to comment on Nick when you mentioned about Talise Fuaga where he and Joalt are kind of neck and neck right now. I think it's interesting because Joald ain't did nothing but did well this whole process. But it's it's kind of to me a testament of his consistency where it's almost it's not he's not not Yeah, it's not. He's not boring at all, but he just does the job, just comes out and does things. Fuaga, I think is I think his temperament is just a little bit of more of that nasty. But I just think that's interesting how he just doing his job.
Speaker 9: Joe just been here, just doing his job. And then people are like, I don't know, it's Flaga passing him. I'm like, he's just been consistent, that's all.
Speaker 3: And we've talked about the Zackie, we're talking about it as a whole. Getting to know these prospects as people and as human beings. I've heard nothing but great things about Talisi Fuaga and what he brings. He's got a great personality. You can see it both on camera and I mean with his teammates through the Senior Bowl process and on even on film.
Speaker 2: You can see him visibly in the mix, and I like that from a player over Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean, you talk about who's the best run blocker along these tackles, it might be Waga. For me, it probably is. I mean, you see the athleticism there. When I first was studying him, I was wondering, Okay, will teams view him kind of like JC Latham, Where is he a right side only kind of guy or do they think he could kick over to the left side. I think he does have athletic ability. Some teams might even think, okay, I could put him inside it guard even and he can be dominant. But I think the big difference for me when you watch Fuluaga is kind of the play temperament. He is nasty, He's got that finishing ability. Absolutely, to me, he was a really really fun study, especially when you got to watch him against some guys like Lightulatto from UCLA. So for Wagga, it's not a surprise that he's debated as maybe the top tackle in the draft.
Speaker 5: Yeah, intelligence is really there with Foluagga as well. That was something that stood out to me from talking to people at the Senior Bowl. And he was a guy that met with You met with the Cowboys at the Combine formally, and we'll be right back here for thirty visits.
Speaker 6: So that's quite fascinating. Trade Benson as well.
Speaker 4: I've I've got a ton of notes on him and I don't have one negative comment on him, and I usually, you know, usually you could find some type of hole. A guy carries his hands too low, maybe he's a little late, maybe a little sloppy with the footwork. I see what Dallas is doing by bringing him in. I don't think there's any way, And Helly gets to you, I don't either. I mean, I just feel like that, you know, to me, we were all kind of talking about and I issue was bringing it up where you know, Alt seems to be a guy that everybody you know, very consistent the way he plays, but Fuaka has been unless the Jets are thinking about doing something crazy at ten and getting out of there, that's kind of where That's where I felt like that for that he was going to be. That's somebody like it. But now you're hearing whispers. If I'm the Jets and I've got a veteran quarterback that I need to keep upright, why not draft this guy. I understand he went and got you know, Tyrone Smith and all that, and but man, this guy is a player, and so in my mind I don't even have him. It would be a gift from the draft gods. Ye Lamb esque type yeah.
Speaker 2: And somehow maybe bigger. Yeah, somehow if.
Speaker 4: You're sitting there and he's on that board, I mean, this would be the quickest I would ever hand in a card. And you know, trust me, in nineteen ninety eight when he did the draft, we were the quickest handing in our card. So you know, I, I just don't know like these tackles. I like what Dallas is trying to do. To me, that's a trade up? Is probably that's that's a trade up, right if you're looking at.
Speaker 3: If you're speaking this highly of a prospect and you're handing in that card so fast like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is there.
Speaker 3: Anyway I know you don't have a ton of draft capital, you don't have a ton of capital overall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to move up?
Speaker 4: Is there an I give you a player?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: I mean that's what I'm saying. I mean to me, I this team, We've talked about it a bunch, and I think we've gone the right path. They they lost I issues pointed out they've lost so much depth, you know, and we're talking about how to move back and get an extra third or fourth round pick going into this into this draft. So to me, uh, for waa hey, I applaud them for wanting to see potentially the best tackle in the draft. I don't know how you're gonna do it unless you've got a plan to dance that thing up.
Speaker 9: I ain't got no faith. No y'all can get excited for no reason.
Speaker 2: No aggressive I.
Speaker 7: Heck, no, you ain't even got no we need some coupons.
Speaker 9: We got no money to bet on something we I don't.
Speaker 7: I mean, Brian just brought up the depth like that's what scares me about what's going on?
Speaker 2: You're eighty seventh or overall pick? Is now worth the sixty your picks?
Speaker 4: Yeah, future pick it is. I'll tell you. I'll tell you where I I'll tell you I issue where they're where they're gonna they're going to fill out your depth is. They're one of the most aggressive teams when it comes to post draft. Jerry Jones, Stephen Jones will spend top dollar. They might not spend top dollar during free agency, but you let them do you let them have some draft picks still on that board. When they when this thing all, when they will put a bow on it and and we all say good night for the draft, they will, they will, they will be so aggressive signing those players, and I think that's where to your point, you know, I shouldn't. Everybody's going to say, well, who do you have left on your board? And that final pick will guarantee you whoever's left on your board it's left on their board too, and they are going to hunt that.
Speaker 3: Last year, have told us this guy needs to be drafted. He was somebody last year.
Speaker 4: I mean that was ridiculous.
Speaker 5: He was short of all undrafted free agents that signed last year after the draft, the number one of all and NFL that had the most guaranteed money was Hunter Lucky.
Speaker 6: Number three was t J.
Speaker 2: Bass.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're not afraid. They're not afraid to if they they've got fifth, sixth, seventh round guys still on that board, they're gonna hunt that. Yeah. I think Marky's belly before too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was a big one too.
Speaker 3: I know that's not what fans want to hear, is they don't want to hear like the excitement about they.
Speaker 5: Should Terrence Steele one, Thomas Martins.
Speaker 3: Completely agreed finding legitimate talent at that point along the way.
Speaker 2: But right now all of fans want to hear is they want to hit on these picks.
Speaker 3: If they can't hit on these all that depth you're talking about in Fluaga, then let's play.
Speaker 10: Let's go.
Speaker 4: I'm going to sell you hope.
Speaker 2: They are you trying to trade your whole draft?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 4: Seriously, it's usually you you have some Baby Williams negative negative one or two lines about a player that you might think, Okay, needs to be a little bit better here. This kid doesn't have that. Yeah, he really doesn't.
Speaker 3: He's a phenomenal proSP but there's some names to look at. I want to dive into the linebackers in the third segment, those five linebackers that were reported earlier to be thirty visits. I want to talk about some of those guys. We've already talked about Eddrian Cooper and Peyton Wilson a bit, but we.
Speaker 2: Can talk about some of those guys. That's in segment three.
Speaker 3: But when we come back, it's time to get back into some twitter on the twenty. We'll answer the fan questions about the NFL Draft when we come back.
Speaker 2: Right after this.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 2: They snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left, he'll run for a first down. Just like football.
Speaker 12: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Pres Spat's gonna run this himself.
Speaker 6: Run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 11: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion.
Speaker 4: When I played in.
Speaker 11: The NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near, far, and between. Don't funble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent you.
Speaker 2: They got me back on my game in.
Speaker 13: A stressful world. Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and Natilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 14: Hi, I'm Danny mccraie, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King. If Smoothi King wants to ask you, what's that sound, that's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothe bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth granola, fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, The official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 3: Back Here on the Draft Show, presented by Miller Lite Taste, you can depend on.
Speaker 4: Country Music's Party of the Year.
Speaker 2: Is back like never before.
Speaker 3: The Academy of Country Music Awards return to Ford Center at the Star in Frisco on May sixteenth. See the biggest stars in country music and watch unforgettable live performances. Limited tickets are available now at seat geek dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, Thank you very much. That's actually Chris Beam that recorded that in the back. That's exactly what that was. Isaiah stand back. Actually, really, that's actually Isaiah.
Speaker 9: He did it.
Speaker 7: They did it on our show last week, and I thought it was Chris at first too.
Speaker 9: I was I don't know your boys.
Speaker 7: Could do that, Chris, and he was like, no, it's isaiaht all, Okay.
Speaker 3: That's very Isaiah wore a cowboy hat one time into talking cowboys and we made him do that, and he forgot that we could clip audio.
Speaker 2: So that's what we've got. That's what happens.
Speaker 3: I gotta stay on your toes, all right, it's time now for some Twitter onwenty. This kind of this kind of goes along with our last conversation. Kenny in Frisco asked which prospect graded rounds fit five through six or ud FA do you think it have the most long term impact with any NFL team? Just talking about draft sleepers in general, Jesus.
Speaker 6: Said, session round six, seven, five.
Speaker 2: Or later five or later five or later ud F A back of the.
Speaker 3: Draft that you feel like is a developmental prospect that has the most long term impact. I know that's a tough question, but I feel like there's some in every draft.
Speaker 4: Right Where do you have is it mcclatchen, the tight end from Arizona.
Speaker 6: McLachlan, McLachlan, malachlan, McLachlan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tanner McLachlan, I have him a fourth on him?
Speaker 6: Okay, how about the speed game?
Speaker 4: How about how about then? Uh I'll tell you a guy that I liked, uh was Bubb.
Speaker 6: Memes, Pittsburgh to wide receiver.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: I kind of felt like that he was a good guy, uh to to to take a to take a look at as far as because I feel like there's some some to his game. There's all these wide receivers, man I mean you could, you could throw a blanket on these guys, you really could. And and then and because they've all got different type of skill sets to how they play. But with the thing with Memes, I was impressed with him just because let me get to my notes here, because I his path as a college player. He was a defensive back at Tennessee. He went to Louisiana Tech. He's a receiver. He's now Pittsburgh. He's one of the best when it in the in the A SEC when he came to contested catches. So here's a guy six to one, two and twelve pounds contested catch guy. You know, routes all over the field, upper body strength, power, getting off the line, run through the defenders with the ball, I mean, make people miss in the open field. I think that if you work with him as a route runner, there's a He's got a natural feel for way he plays a game. I could see him being a guy that might have his best football ahead of him. And I got him there in the fifth round. And I'm probably too low on him to be honest with you.
Speaker 5: What you got, Yeah, I'm going through a couple of names here. There's there's some interesting ones. We've mentioned Quantest Stiggers on this show quite a bit. He's he's gonna get drafted.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 9: He's absolutely going to get drafted.
Speaker 6: We were we were talking about him.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be cool on day three.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it will be awesome.
Speaker 4: I think he's going to be a heck of a player.
Speaker 5: And in fact, here in the Star Draft magazine there is a feature story on Quantest Siggers from you. But he's He's one that I think will be there on day three. That will be a really good, really good developmental project for it for a team. I've talked about Jordan Winnington I think a couple of times on this show. Depending on who you talk to, you can see anywhere from a fifth round to U d F a priority U d F A grade on him.
Speaker 6: Receiver at Texas, former.
Speaker 5: Five star prospect at a Cuero high school one state championship with the Gobblers. But he's physical, he has long speed.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: I think at the very least he could be a special teams demon at the next level. But they brought him in to be a wide receiver one. He got hurt his first three years that he was at Texas. Eventually they had to recruit around him and bring in some more reliable bodies. That's where he saw the Xavier Worthies and the Ady Mitchells pop up and Jatavian Sanders out of the world, and so he kind of took a step back on this this team this past season. But I think if you give him that a wide receiver three type role, I think in the NFL, I think he has the potential to be able to do that a couple of years into the league. High instincts, high character guy. Everyone in the locker room loves the guy. I think he's I think he's someone to keep an eye on there.
Speaker 3: On day three, where do you guys have Isaiah Adams, offensive tackle out of Illinois, fourth round, fourth round grade. Yeah, I think I had him in the fifth so I didn't know if I was high on him.
Speaker 4: That's around the area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I think you're you're talking about a guy who isn't going to test out of the gym. He's not going to be super athletic whenever it comes to the numbers. But on tape he plays with such good visions.
Speaker 2: Such fundamentals.
Speaker 3: He's got great footwork all the way through, good anchor uh, lateral ability helps him whenever he's pulling as a.
Speaker 2: Guard kick slides as a tackle.
Speaker 3: He played both at Illinois, So I think that's one that could be a late round guy. I had him in the fifth, so it falls into this category.
Speaker 2: But if you've got him in the fourth, I wouldn't necessarily blink an eye.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I've been pretty high on this gentleman for a while because he was just a fun watch. Jakwan Jackson, wide receiver out of two lane lovey. I. I think he's gonna fall, obviously because of the size, but then this obviously this is wide receiver class is just crazy. But when you look at some of the changes that are even coming to special teams you talk about return ability, this might be one of the more dynamic returners in the in this draft as well.
Speaker 9: It's he's Very's nephew.
Speaker 7: I know that has nothing to do with nothing but formally speedy, super speedy. He displays really good burst out of his releases. He has an ability to read defenders and and he can manipulate how they mirror as well. Yak of ability. He gets versele really quickly. He can locate the ball and has good body control. To adjust a lot of people because of his size. He's only he's five eleven, one eighty five, so some people might be worried about his durability.
Speaker 9: He can get hit in.
Speaker 7: The mouth and keep going like he's not He's not afraid to give up his body and things like that. So I do think with special teams kind of changing and things like that, people seeing him as a returner, he does have potential for sure as a receiver. He's a gentleman that I could see somebody getting a hold of in the fifth, sixth rounds something like that, and being able to see him have some good plays in this game.
Speaker 4: Well you nailed this guy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 4: I tell you what. He has got some ability. She's absolutely right. This guy can create on the move too. You know when you throw him the football usually big plays happen when he has the ball in his hands. Good player.
Speaker 6: Where do y'all have?
Speaker 5: Marcellus Dial defensive back out of South Carolina. Have y'all had an opportunity?
Speaker 4: He's not a guy that I've watched yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he's a guy that is there late on day three. He has versatility that you can put in a corner nickel safety. He's on a lot of things there. For the game, Cocks in the SEC was productive as well. That's another name. Take a look at him. Physical a really good Marcella's dial out of South Carolina.
Speaker 4: I'll throw out two. I think I've got both of them around the fifth.
Speaker 8: Maybe you guys have him higher, but Ania Smith wide receiver, Texas A and mt A fifth interesting you know five nine to one ninety. Is he a slot only type of guy? But sharp cuts, I mean, smooth route runner. And you can see when you watched him play this year, he definitely was not a benefit or benefactor of good quarterback play. The quarterback play was wildly inaccurate when you watched him. Every yeah, man, but he was open a lot of the time. It just didn't get the football. But he owns a thirty six game consecutive streak with a reception. Fifth year senior from Missouri City in the Houston area. I'm sure you know a lot about him from the recruiting ties. There's a big time recruit coming out of Missouri City. But can win on the outside. I think plays a little smaller, but he's tough. I mean, this is a dude who's not afraid to take a hit, also has a punt returnability, special team's ability. And then we were talking about him before during the break, but Travis Glover the offensive talking from Georgia State. Yeah, six six three twenty three. This dude's a maler. Started all five years Georgia State, played some left guard, right tackle, primarily, though at left tackle. They had one of the best rushing attacks in school history during his time there, and he's a big reason why. In the run game, this dude's a maler. I think he's got good lateral movement for his size. Maybe he's a better guard for me when you move him to the next level. But he can throw people around. He's got a violent punch, I can get to the second level, powerful anchor. I think he's a really intriguing traits type pick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you get a copy of the LSU game, take a peek, because that's where he did some good work against some big time competition.
Speaker 6: There you go for Ben Dolas and Iah Smith.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 6: What grades you have on him coming out? Oh, it was before I was doing great.
Speaker 8: He was an exciting player in high school when he really was all right.
Speaker 3: This is an interesting one from Walker. He actually came up to me at the Legends game the other day. He said he loves the show. He said, but I want to submit a question.
Speaker 6: Out to Walker.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's called Twitter on the twenty, you got to send me a Twitter message. So he sent me a Twitter message. It's actually a really good question. Besides quarterback, what position do you see a run on in the first round that most benefits the Dallas Cowboys sitting at twenty four corner?
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, yeah, corner.
Speaker 5: I think if if these corners start flying off the board, Quinnon, Mitchell, Terry On, Arnold, Nate Wiggins, I think you're going to see those corner needy teams that are there in the late twenties try to trade up and make sure that they get their guy. I think if these corners start flying off the board, it definitely helps. You could also look at receivers. You know, if these receivers start coming off the board as well. You know we've talked about Marvin Harrison junior, Brian Thomas junior, Roma Dunze, but if you start seeing the A. D Mitchell's or the Xavier Worthy start going that that would be huge towards the Cowboys being able to have their their right offensive lineman fall to him at twenty four.
Speaker 4: I'd love for some of these defensive tackles to go roll. You know what I'm saying, Maybe with the Murphy Newton and maybe it might happen ahead of you sweat Sweat Fisk, Maybe somebody falls in love with Fisk. I know you need a defensive tackle, but it's it's one of those things where you probably have to look at it and say, well, we're you know, they're gonna it's probably not gonna play out the way they want. But you're right about the receivers. When we did the mock draft the other day, Brian Thomas was sitting there when we came to Dallas's turn to pick. You know, so, if you can get all those receivers to go, I just think that people are going to look at those receivers and they're going to look at the corners and they're going to say, you know what, the guy that we're looking at in the second round, we could probably get in the third round. And the guy we can looking at in the third round or third round, we could probably get in the fourth round. So it's just got so much depth there at those two spots wide receiver and corner for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're trying to get to Weasi Fluaga and we're trying to get Graham Barton down the twenty four guys. We've got to get all the defensive tackles, all the wide receivers, all the corners up there.
Speaker 4: Maybe a run on those edges, you know, to get a run if all of a sudden, lot to turner first, Chop Robinson maybe, yeah, maybe Robin Darius Robinson Miszoo Miszoo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right, Kyle asks, and it's not me, I promise. How likely is it that the Cowboys draft tackle and center in the first three rounds?
Speaker 2: And is that something that you would do if you were drafting for the Cowboys going with a double dip in offensive line but two separate positions.
Speaker 5: I don't think I would necessarily do it, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's what ends up happening. I think there's interior depth that you can work with on the offensive line. I think you need to go get a defensive tackle, you need to go get a running back. So I struggle with being able to pull one of those away for an extra offensive lineman.
Speaker 8: I think it definitely could happen. I mean it's definitely. It's not it's not a must because of course with TJ. Bass and Brockhoffman, and then with Tyler's miss flexibility. But if you have the right tackle that slides to you, then I think it is like correct tackle. Yeah, yes, the correct tackle that slides to you. I think that center is definitely a position. In the third round, you can find somebody that you feel really good about. Whether it's bou Limmer from Arkansas, you know, one hundred, nors Ad Penn states another name.
Speaker 4: Maybe some want him as a garden not a center, but I loved his tape. I think a hunter.
Speaker 8: Nordad's got some nasty discussion. Yeah, there's certainly some guys in that third, fourth round. Matt Lee from Miami just competes his rear off. I think they certainly could double dip in that area. But it will depend on do they take a tackle in the first Yeah. If they don't and they go with Graham Barton or a center, I don't know how likely it is to circle back and take it tackle then in the third.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what do you think aysha, just replenish the offensive line in some way, shape or form.
Speaker 9: It's it's about that time.
Speaker 7: I think they've kind of I mean I think it's I think for since Travis Frederick retired and all that stuff started happening, they've been trying to figure out this offensive line and have like a concrete a concrete line and things like that. So I'm just like, however they decide to do it, they need to do it.
Speaker 9: You already know how I feel about being able to run the ball. So however they got to do it, they need to do it.
Speaker 7: But to your point, Zach, I think the depth that you have is important already. I would I don't want to change.
Speaker 4: That powers Johnson, if powers Johnson or Barton or selecting the first round, they're going to move Tyler Smith. My opinions, my opinion, well keep if they if they if they don't, if they, if they take a tackle in the first round. Now, now it's going to be about where would the center fall? Could that be? They don't have a fourth round pick, And I kind of got like those guys you talk about Norzad Penn, State, Limmer, Arkansaw or Bartoloni. Uh, you know, Bartolini or Wisconsin, Wisconsin. I mean, that's that's kind of where I'm at right now, because if you if you don't, if you don't, now we'll see what they think about. They'll they'll tell us what they think about. Uh, you know, these the guys that currently have on the roster. But I think it all all the movement of the left guard is predicated on how they draft in the first round. That's what I think.
Speaker 3: I agree Jake asks, which are if the Cowboys take a wide receiver, take Brian Thomas Jr. At twenty four, and then take the running back Jonathan Brooks at fifty six, the complete opposite of the last scenario. How would you feel if they went wide receiver and running back pure weaponry in the first two rounds?
Speaker 2: What would what would the reaction be in this room?
Speaker 6: We'd have a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: But I don't know if we get the ball to them talk of that, Yeah, I don't I think it for the long run, Sure, there would probably be a lot of positive that would come out of having two weapons like that that you can put on the offensive side of the ball and just really let cook. But you're gonna need protection up front and granted, there are still tackle bodies that they could throw up there and be able to, you know, work into a starting situation if they felt like they could. Let's say they don't draft offensive line, you're probably moving Tyler Smith out the left tackle right, and you're putting TJ. Bass and Brock Kauffman at a combination of center and left guard. Your other option is relying on the depth of which is Matt will lets Go who hasn't been able to stay healthy, Austin Richards who hasn't been able to touch the field, Josh Ball, who again hasn't been able to stay healthy. So you know which, whichever one you feel least bubbly about is the is the one that you would probably have to roll with.
Speaker 4: If you win. If you win Thomas Brooks and went Van Pram from Georgia, Yeah, I could dance with that if you're gonna but I'm gonna need you to address that center spot with that third round pick out of know where you guys think about Van Pram from Georgia, But that's that that that might be if if you if you just say we're taking those those two offensive players, or excuse me, those two skill guys in the center, then I could I can justify that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, even if you're not gonna go get the tackle, I think get in the center does kind of even things out because you have a TJ. Bast that can do some guard things as well.
Speaker 9: But do y'all think that. I mean, when when t J.
Speaker 7: Bass starts showing what he was capable of, I immediately thought about the fact that Zach Martin is you know we're talking about we're mostly talking about the left side of this offensive line.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we ain't talked about the right side. And you know, as much respect as we have for Zach even.
Speaker 7: Though he was helping out his center lote, I do think that, you know, we have to be considered of the fact that he is getting older as well and replenishing that spot. So it's like, I am very I wonder what if that's going to come into play as well, Like do they surprise us and get a guy that just has that flexibility or is there are they just going to stick with the left side.
Speaker 8: They've always shown like flexibility is important, right right? They do covet that, you know, a piano player on the offensive line, they can play up and down. I think that's definitely interesting. I would not be thrilled with that scenario. And it's not that I don't like Brian Thomas.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 8: I'm not trying to come away with the first round wide receiver because I think it's one of the most it's the deepest position groups. I don't think it's necessary. I think it's a little bit of a luxury pick. I don't know that that's even necessarily the best player on your board. So I you know, hey, I can be sold again if you circle back and you get a center you feel really good about in the third. But to me, I'm building it from the offense. I want to go inside out. Having great receivers.
Speaker 4: Does mean nothing if I cannot block and protect upon Okay, take Thomas out of the mix and put in Coleman, put in Mitchell, put in any one of those wide receivers. Is there anybody that could get you off the off that thought another wide receiver because you don't like Thomas.
Speaker 8: I mean I would be it's something I don't like Thomas. I do have Mitchell great a higher though. Okay, Mitchell, what if Mitchell was Mitchell?
Speaker 4: They take Mitchell at twenty four and we're just assuming like Barton's gone. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I think I would feel the same no matter what receiver they came away with.
Speaker 2: So it's Marvin Harrison junior.
Speaker 8: Look, hey, okay, if you're getting the best player, sure at his position, I get it. But I just think overall, I feel good about taking a wide receiver in the third you know, and rather i'd take the better center in the first.
Speaker 5: Let me throw another scenario out where they don't take an offensive lineman at all in the first couple of days. Instead they addressed defensive tackle there in the third round, and they get like a Mason Smith or McKinley Jackson, and they circle back and getting Hunter nors At in the fifth round.
Speaker 6: How do you feel about that?
Speaker 4: I like Hunters, so I mean, I like, but I've got the bubbles. I'm still nervous.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm not taking a receiver in the Smith Mason Smith meaning the fourth.
Speaker 4: I would take Jackson over Mason Smith from Texas A and m myself too. Mason Smith to me is a teaser.
Speaker 7: Yeah, big body ruined the whole scenario for me.
Speaker 3: Smiths just like I'm out, and for that reason.
Speaker 9: But I would be cool with that.
Speaker 7: I just I the I think the trenches on both sides of the ball, or what even to the zax point are what I'm looking at them. Prioritizing despite the fact that you only got Brandon Cooks for another deal year, you just like lost Michael Gallup.
Speaker 4: And you can use another receiver. Absolutely good.
Speaker 8: I just think, man, if you're looking at like, where's the value in this draft, it's it's taken a receiver later.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's fair, that's fair. I think it'll be some people there.
Speaker 2: Along the same lines.
Speaker 3: Matthew asked, what is the percentage that the Cowboys pick anything other than offensive line in the first Give me, give me a number, give me a percentage anything outside I was taking twenty five to thir I think it's even smaller than it probably is. I think it's probably like fifteen. I think they're gonna take off Tasman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get you. What if this what if I told you Murphy's on the board. I think they'd still probably go a lignement.
Speaker 2: You know what it is if they depends on who else is there.
Speaker 8: I think what's more likely is you trade back and all right, Eddrian Cooper.
Speaker 4: They'll get back from eight and m Murphy Guiden Latham mimes, I my highest graded player.
Speaker 2: Out of that is is Latham. I would take Latham.
Speaker 5: There, Murphy Guiden Latham memes, I'm parachuting, you're getting out.
Speaker 4: I would get blowing the hatches the bottom.
Speaker 7: That stresses me out because I think that I think I would.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 7: You already know how I feel about Latham. I think he can play, but I'll be scared because.
Speaker 4: Murphy, that's.
Speaker 8: Really yeah, Murphy, I have better than those two tackles. And I gotta I mean, hey, I'm standing on it. You gotta stay true to the board addressing and so what I was raised.
Speaker 4: By Brian brought his son that. I mean, it's Latham. Latham would probably be my pick.
Speaker 8: Otherwise, if they're like, now we can't move them from the right side, I'll just take Murphy and leave it.
Speaker 3: If that's the thing, and that's part of the conversations that we don't get to be a part of. If they're keeping them at right tackle and they can't move them the left, I still think he can play left personally, or at.
Speaker 2: Least play left guard, or yeah, sure, left guard. It's fine.
Speaker 3: I'm cool with that, But if they're keeping them on the right side, then yeah, I'm taking Murphy, but I think he can play.
Speaker 9: On the left side well.
Speaker 7: With Memes, I think I've accepted that he's gonna go to a team he's gonna be really good, and then we're just gonna have to watch them afar because I probably, please, what's wrong with you? Because I do think somebody's gonna take the risk. Somebody's gonna do it, and but I don't know. I think he might make it out the first round.
Speaker 9: More than what we think.
Speaker 7: I think it's possible because you can like the player all day, but the lack of playtime is stifling. It's stifling, and it's important, and I think it's important to statch sometimes he's getting the second level.
Speaker 4: He's like, I don't have a feel of where to bok.
Speaker 7: How different is he from the guys we're talking about in the fifth, sixth, seventh round where we're like, Okay, they're drafting for trades. Baby, if you draft him, you drafted for trades. It's not enough tape to be super concrete, Like, no there.
Speaker 8: Is, but I guess you do have a college football playoff semi finally again no, and.
Speaker 9: He and he bawled out. But we know about offensive line.
Speaker 7: It is literally I'm looking for consistency with it.
Speaker 4: And so I'm like, I don't think I've ever taken a player in the first round. I've seen one game on.
Speaker 15: I'm just saying, you know, maybe maybe US media scouts and we're just, oh my gosh, we're gushing over the talent, but maybe honestly the lack of tape could be a reason why he slides the second you thank god if that dude turns out to be the best.
Speaker 9: Shocked not accepted it. I have accepted he's gonna be really good. And it's just gonna hurt But that's okay. It's gonna hurt me. But it's just is what it is. I don't know. It's it's a lot to ask of.
Speaker 3: A young if they if they across the hallway, and Brian, you've talked about this a little bit. If across the hallway they make the decision and they say, Memes is good enough for us. Traits are there, we can teach him the fact the fundamentals are there enough to where he could come in start that guy, he's gonna I think he would turn in to be a monster, an absolute monster. Do I think he does that in any scenario? Absolutely not. But those people across the hallway know scout flyinmen and how to grow them.
Speaker 4: But she's right though, they're having the same thoughts we are.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 4: They're like, Okay, what games we need to watch here? Okay, they're on the Ohio State game and againy other games? We go, okay, what about Oh wait, he got hurt? How many games this guy played? You know you're gonna the report is going to be read. He's played eight games in his career, basically, Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I think it add a layer to it too, as he comes from a two A program in Georgia, Like it's not like he was coming from this powerhouse in Georgia high school football where he was developed as an offensive lineman. I mean he was coming from raw where he was the guy in the entire town as a fifteen year old.
Speaker 4: So I'll let somebody else be a hero. I will. It'll hurt you when you watch, but you know it'll teach me next time. Oh yeah, sure, you could take a guy with eight games and he'll be an All Pro tackle. Can I get you guys to take a lot to or verse instead of a tackle.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you absolutely could, especially if again, if it's between like geton or mems, I mean verse to me like I love law too, I think a lot two is the best. I'm not passing on him, but again, he's a guy with like the neck and the medicals.
Speaker 4: You got to feel good about it.
Speaker 8: Have you just had a situation with Leyton vander ash where unfortunately his career didn't go as long as you wanted to because of that. So maybe I would pivot to verse. But both of those guys likely are the top two players on my board compared to those other two tackles.
Speaker 9: It's going to be a no for me though. On verse, I'm going to be a no because I don't care what edge you got.
Speaker 7: If your interior is lacking, then baby's gonna be struggling.
Speaker 3: Right all right, we gotta take a second break. Great questions for Twitter on the twenty today. When we come back, I want to talk about some smaller school games, draw you offside D two Juco, and then maybe we'll hit some of those linebackers that are thirty visits.
Speaker 2: When we come back with more of the draft show all right.
Speaker 10: Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahell Mary. Go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas our Boys.
Speaker 14: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure. At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patient see.
Speaker 10: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you hood hout.
Speaker 13: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator, and Nautilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 6: The press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 2: He escaped slapt He'll look.
Speaker 12: For a punch down. Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says too and eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency Prus.
Speaker 3: Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 14: Hi, I'm Danny mcraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smooth bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool iae or fataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie Bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show on.
Speaker 3: Back here on the Draft Show, presented by Miller Lantage.
Speaker 2: You can depend on.
Speaker 3: This segment has brought to you by your Texas for Dealers. Ford is the best in Texas. All right, I want to go through some small school prospects here.
Speaker 2: Division two JUCO HBCU.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter, it can't be D one and that includes the FCS. No South Dakota State guys here. Okay, we're getting real deep into this. No North Dakota State ye, No South Dakota State.
Speaker 4: No jack Rabbits here.
Speaker 2: Get they're too good.
Speaker 3: They've won national championships, even Montana. No Montana guys.
Speaker 5: The reason date, the reason for bringing this to the forefront as well is because who knows the next Austin Eckler might be in this draft. The Cowboys they took a couple of D two undrafted free undruct free agents last year. David Derdan was one who's still in the building rehabbing a torn a cl But I'm trying to think of some other d two guys that have made made names. And there was a guy out of Leonora Ryan a couple of years of Kyle Doug, Kyle Duggar. So yeah, there are some names, but yeah, I think this is an interesting topic.
Speaker 3: These are the Wisconsin Whitewater a couple of years ago had an offensive lineman out of the draft.
Speaker 6: Hell of a program.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ali Murpett, Yeah, Hobart, that's a watched him. They had a bounce house in the end zone. Kids were like, they're playing the game. You see the kids in the bounce house out in the end zone.
Speaker 2: Love that. That's when you know that's real.
Speaker 4: Hobart getting it done.
Speaker 2: Darns all right, shall I want you to kick things off? Who you got?
Speaker 9: I got a guard? C. J.
Speaker 7: Hanson from Holy Cross took snaps at center at the Shrine Bowl. Looked really good. I had a lot of good reports y'all. His initial quickness, I think he ran a four to five flat forty a few weeks ago, and just the lateral movement is fantastic from him. Like I said, the initial quickness stands out. He thrives on counters, traps pulling because he has crazy balance and good athleticism.
Speaker 9: He's off able to get off the line very fast.
Speaker 7: He's a physical, physical finisher though, so he'll get there with the speed, but he has some of the power to be able to finish blocks.
Speaker 9: And because that's something you worry about.
Speaker 7: With a lot of these guys who are super athletic, You're like, hey, can you drop your anchor?
Speaker 9: Can you drop that a? And can you make somebody move somebody out the way?
Speaker 7: So he also plays with good knee bend and core strength. Like I said, I think his foot quickness also allows him to recover even when he's in tough spots. Very confident and versatile player. Like I said, he's I think people might be interested in being able to move him across the line. He can do some swing things, but when he took when he took snaps at center at the Shrine Bowl, he looks stout man and I think he's definitely risen his stock with how he's tested.
Speaker 9: Even at the combine. He crushed the combine.
Speaker 7: He had one of the fastest times from the interior linemen that we've seen in a minute.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I just wanted to mention him and he's a.
Speaker 7: He's a guy when you talk about earlier Zach like, hey, maybe they get a center later.
Speaker 9: He's a guard, but he does have.
Speaker 7: The ability to play center and can be an option in the later rounds.
Speaker 3: I like that his five flat forty of the combine ninety fifth percentile out of interior offense.
Speaker 9: He can move, but he's not all It's not all movement.
Speaker 7: It's he has some power to him too, and I think that's what's gonna make him an appealing pick if somebody grabs him.
Speaker 2: All right, Nick, who you got?
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna dive into a guy here who stole the show at the Michigan State Pro Day a few weeks ago. He was able to kind of sneak into this pro day workout as a member of Farris State in Big Rapids Michigan Division two program. He is the cousin of Joey Porter junior if you all remember from last year, and the nephew of Joey Porter senior. We're gonna talk about Sean Stevens here s h o n at hou spelled Sean forty yard dash that was timed. This is from an area of scout at the Michigan State Pro day forty yard dash, four point three eight, shuttle four point two nine, three cones six point nine to nine, vertical thirty six and a half, and broad was ten feet and whenever you look at this guy in coverage, he was he backed all of that up. He had eight interceptions last year. He had a run of five games in a row where he had an interception. A big returnability too. He had a kickoff return for a touchdown last year, average almost forty yards per return.
Speaker 6: Last year.
Speaker 5: He was a guy that was trying to transfer into FBS. Penn State was trying to get him in twenty nineteen. Perdue was trying to get him in twenty twenty, or excuse me, twenty twenty three, but he was denied transfer eligibility in both of those situations. It wasn't grades or anything. It was kind of a situation I haven't quite figured out. But he ended up sticking with Farris State and now he's draft eligible, and man, he's been blowing up these workouts. The biggest concern about him five foot eight and a half one seventy three, so the size is not there whatsoever. But I think he's an interesting guy that you could probably throw in the nickel and you rely on him to be able to take on some of these speedier options that come out of the slots. He was able to play bigger than what his size was at that D two level last year, but once you upgrade that to the NFL level, you know, after a couple of years development, what does that look like. That's probably a valid criticism, but man, he has really stole the show from the area of scouts up there in Michigan.
Speaker 9: Thank you for that which you.
Speaker 4: Got Brian jayleb Hunt from Houston, talk about it. Huson Christian Yeah transfer from Cornell. He was a high school safety wide receiver. He's an edge linebacker. He plays as a stand up linebacker. It rushes the passes passer. I think this is where he's going to have to play in the NFL. He's going to have to be an edge player. Six four two fifty two. He physically looks to part long arms height. He's going to need to get more strength in his lower body and to play with his experience. He doesn't handle blockers particularly well at this time. He tends to lose the ball, tends to play a little tall. But though there would be some initial quickness as a pass rusher. The linked helps him. He takes like a euro step. You'll appreciate this in your love for NBA basketball. He'll take that euro step to get off the ball and then burst where he needs to go. He closed from the backside. Once he finds the ball, he is there. Need to keep working on him as a pass rusher. He's not a linebacker. I think that you know, he's not the type that's going to read and play coverage. But if you want a guy that's got some raw traits to him, Jalen Jylex Hunt from Houston Christian is a guy.
Speaker 5: And the Cowboys were in at senance at Houston Christians Pro day where he's basically just excuss.
Speaker 8: That guy looks the part. But yeah, it's inconsistent getting off blocks and they do drop him off in covera a lot. He's having to play out there in space consistently. I was talking with Nick, I saw this guy circling on social media. Cole Burgess, the wide receiver from Courtland State. Interesting player, six foot one, one nine two. We're going and we're talking D three football here with the Dragons there. Let's go to the Elite eight confer the Empire eight Conference. But he was first team All Empire Conference at eighty seven catches one three hundred and seventy three or sixteen tds last year and last season, I mean all of that was a school record. He's got three career touchdowns on kick returns as well in a block punt, so he's definitely going to be able to contribute make a team on special teams. But he will I mean, this guy is reckless, abandoned. He will sell out his body to dive, get on the ground and fight for football. So he'll go over the middle. He does not care if he's getting double teams. He's willing to take a shot. He's got natural hands and to me, the route runnings there, I mean fifty to fifty balls for a smaller receiver. He's gonna go up and get it. Plays with good vision and instincts. He's got good balance through contact, quick off the line, can create some separation.
Speaker 4: Now there's times, right, I don't think he's got elite speed.
Speaker 8: He's got a four to four to seven guy, so he's good at hand fighting to try and create a little bit of space for himself. At the NFL level, when he goes up against some bigger, faster corners and he's playing against some press man. How does he look in those situations? But my gosh, his tape Cole Burgess from Courtland was it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Study okay, a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Just because I said it earlier.
Speaker 2: There's no FCS allowed.
Speaker 3: I don't want any of Houston Christian or Holy Cross individuals coming after me.
Speaker 2: They do play in the FCS. But but I am it's okay, I went allow it. I'm going to allow it.
Speaker 4: But you went D three.
Speaker 7: You were I'm trying to find that back two more then i got one more than Shrinebowl guy, Sundata Sundita Anderson edge stake.
Speaker 2: Later. I gotta be careful.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 6: He is awesome though he's a big dude off the end.
Speaker 2: Tell me about him anyway, I'm allowing.
Speaker 9: I'm upset. Well are they?
Speaker 6: You said there.
Speaker 4: They are?
Speaker 2: So I said, so go for it.
Speaker 9: I'm still learning. Leave me alone anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need to know, that's all. I go for it.
Speaker 7: You talk about the Bill Nick, Yeah, dog, he's he's huge, but he's moving very violent hands. His motor is through the roof, the backside pursuits there. He has a quick initial step like he he made some of those tackles at the Shrine Bowl look crazy in one on one.
Speaker 9: I like his hand placement.
Speaker 7: He can read well, and he has the ability to disengage, which is very important to me looking at edge now because Lord, there's so many of them that cannot get off blocks consist and it drives me nuts. And he when he does disengage, it's aggressive. It's not it's get off me. It's not get off me. I mean it's it's he's really trying to get people's hands off of him. He has to get better on taking on double teams and finding you know, strength in his anchor and being able to take those on, which is something that guys develop over time or whatever the case may be. But yeah, you talk about the violent hands, the motor all that stuff.
Speaker 9: He has a nice little toolbox too as a rusher.
Speaker 7: He's a guy that I think people should look at as somebody that can get picked up and make a difference on a team.
Speaker 9: Yeah, for sure, I'm just go through the freaking.
Speaker 4: Yes real quick too. Two names you need to keep an eye on. I'm not going to talk about him in link. But Jovenini Manu from British Columbia love it. Is an offensive tackle and he's got a teammate, Theo Benedett, who is the right tackle. One's a left tackle, the other's a right tackle. British Columbia. These two kids in the offensive line are probably gonna get drafted. We're gonna call their names at some point in time. This trapt talking to scouts. They said, hey, make sure you take a look at these two British Columbia offensive linemen.
Speaker 2: They were on the same team, same team.
Speaker 4: Manu plays left tackle, Benedette plays right tackle.
Speaker 2: I want to watch that film. Yeah, that sounds fun.
Speaker 4: It's funny with about seventeen guys in motion at once. You're kind of like, WHOA some serious eye candy going on here. But yeah, these two British Columbia offensive tackles man who was three hundred and forty pounds and moves like he's about three ten.
Speaker 3: I feel like you would just take their their film and put it up next against like WWE, where people are lifting people off the ground.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of movement going on in at a lot of movement going on.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: If I can shout out a couple of more guys on the HBCU side of things.
Speaker 6: RJ.
Speaker 5: Mobley receiver out of Winston Salem State up in North Carolina. Take a look at that guy, really productive out of the slot there for Winston Salem State. And then also Jordan Toles out of a Morgan State safety kind of like a safety line backer hybrid type.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 5: I think he's he's a guy that probably best at safety, though, I think he's gonna be a guy that's gonna be priority undrafted free agent Jordan Toles. A really fascinating watch there for him.
Speaker 3: Five dollars to the first person that can name Winston Salem State's logo.
Speaker 2: That's not Nick Harris. Sorry, I just figured you would probably know it. Anybody.
Speaker 3: The Devil's no one more guests anything, Dragons, the Rams, they were the Rams.
Speaker 2: I just ran. It was the Ram like I justin.
Speaker 4: I brought up Hobert College today, Hobert College, shout out on the Draft show.
Speaker 2: How about that he watched that tape?
Speaker 4: Folks.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, We've got a lot more to break down coming up. On Thursday, eleven am Central time. We'll be back here with twenty one days. Thursday will mark three weeks out from the NFL Draft for Zach Wilchuck, Nick Harris, Brian brought us Ayisha Morrison. I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the draft show. We will see you on Thursday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboy