Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: FEM Sacramento, California. Thank you to Sacramento taking us on, and UH also have great support from them Las Vegas and Reno, Nevada. Now Sacramento, California.
Speaker 3: Tune in and rip the knob off one oh four point seven FM.
Speaker 2: Yes, Paul, you.
Speaker 4: Want to do some liners for him right now?
Speaker 2: Hey, sack down Dan Patrick here. I don't think i'd say sacked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're sacking the competition, okay all season?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, Well, Sacramento not necessarily known for their football. If we're saying, you know, we're going to sack the competition, yeah, yeah, Sacramento State.
Speaker 3: Maybe they carry things yeah in a sack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, preferred.
Speaker 5: Alrighty, the bundle of fun in a sack, Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 4: More of this on the way, Sacramento.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like to apologize. Welcome to the program, the King of Comedy and Seaton and Marvin Paul and yours truly our new affiliate in Sacramento, Fox Sports eight ninety am at one o four point seven FM. Thank you. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. First out, We're brought to you by Maco. No no, no, no, no, no, it's over. No, it's it. That's it. That's it. At Mako, they bring your car back to life. Affordable paint joms like collision repairs. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get Maco. All right, we'll have a poll question, play the day, stat of the day, phone calls always welcome. A lot of basketball. No bids last night, no bids today or tonight, but plenty over the weekend. The big story was Cooper Flag getting injured yesterday. The ankle is iffy. I think it's worse than iffy right now if he's going to be able to play against North Carolina. But the conference tournaments keep rolling, the let's see men's bids. Nothing over the Saturday and Sunday we'll have that Steph Curry his four thousandth three pointer and the Spurs lose to Aaron Fox for the rest of the season. Just some of the headlines there. I want to start with maybe the greatest sports book ever written. It was nineteen eighty five nineteen eighty six Indiana Basketball and the book was a season on the Brink and it was written by John Feinstein, who passed away yesterday at the age of sixty nine. It was a wonderful inside look at Bob Knight and Indiana basketball, and he had full access, and boy did he use it. And then it came out and Bob Knight hated it, which meant it was true. It was great, and it was. But John worked for the Washington Post. I would cross paths with John. It was golf or it was basketball. He was there and he was doggedly determined to get something that nobody else had. He just he would work tirelessly and he was unique in what he did and how he did it. He was also in the shadow of the great sports writers at the Washington Post. I mean Tom Boswell and Michael Wilbond and Tony Kornheiser. But John Feinstein had always felt like was the little brother. But he was not. He wrote over forty books. He wrote a book about the Civil War. It was Army Navy football. He wrote a book about golf, A good Walk Spoiled. He wrote a book about the Patriot League. John, give him a topic and he'll go to town. But at the time the book came out, he was thirty years of age. Season on the Brink. I mean, when you think about it, that's thirty nine years ago. But John had a good relationship with Bob Knight, and not many people did, certainly sports writers. But it cost John his relationship with Bob Knight. But he wrote over forty books and really was a remarkable, remarkable reporter. And that's what it takes sometimes when you're writing a book, You've got to be a great reporter. You've got to be able to take notes, you've got to be able to find out things. But he was polarizing. John was not lovable, he was not embraceable, but John didn't care. That's who John was. And I hope that Press Row leaves the seat for John Feinstein in San Antonio the Final Four and they joked about when John would go to Indiana basketball games at Assembly Hall, he had a seat. They called it the Feinstein seat, like John was there. And I hope that they create the Feinstein seat because every basketball writer in America was a tip of the cap or tip of the pen to John Feinstein. Season on the Brink. You can make a case best sports book ever written. And I know that's a big, big blanket to throw over sports writing. But what John did, how he did it, when he did it, and he did it with Bob Knight. John got famous quickly. Yes, Marvin, is that your favorite sports book? You know, I didn't think of it. What is my favorite sports book? I think Ball four might have been because of what it was at the time. We were finding out things that were happening on road trips with baseball players. You know, Jim Boughten was spilling the beans and he was alienated. I mean, but this is nineteen seventy where you're finding out things with guys and he's playing for a non descript team, Seattle Pilots, And that to me was like, wow, he's telling things that are going on with his teammates here in this book. That was probably the first one I read where I thought I was I was finding out things that maybe we weren't supposed to know, and we probably weren't supposed to know, but Jim Boughton, you know, kind of let us behind the curtain. I don't know what book comes up if I say favorite sports book of all time? What book would come up for you? Marv?
Speaker 4: For me, Friday Night Lights.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's just a great look at everything like with football as the foundation. Sure, race, socioeconomics, politics, everything, but football was the basis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about you, Todd, do you have a favorite sports book?
Speaker 7: I read a book what's called The Color Orange had kind of about the history of the Broncos, especially after that eighty six season. That probably wouldn't resonate unless you're a big Bronco fan. But The Color Orange was well.
Speaker 2: Done, Paulie.
Speaker 8: If not season the Brink, I'll go with Heaven is a Playground by Rick Tellender. He spent a summer in Brooklyn with streetball players like Fly Williams, Bernard King, and Albert King and I've read it five six times.
Speaker 2: Foul was another one about Connie Hawkins, and it was about a New York legend and was he going to be able to play in college and then getting, you know, kind of kicked out of college and then playing in the pros. I eventually got to see Connie Hawkins when he was with the Phoenix Suns. He came to Cincinnati, and I just remember reading that book and there he was right in front of me. Seaton, do you have a book that maybe stands out best sports book?
Speaker 3: There was a really great book that just came out in the last couple of years about the annals of sports history.
Speaker 2: I believe it, Dan, was that your book?
Speaker 9: That was?
Speaker 3: That was the best book sports book I ever read?
Speaker 4: Wow, that was supposed to be Marvin's answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a Friday. Good move, Seaton, thank you.
Speaker 3: See that was really that's yeah. I mean it's the only one that comes to mind for me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yes, Bo, I'm just reading some background because you can't really overstate what a big deal. Season on the brink was Night finished under five hundred and the Big Ten the year before it was a mess. And that's the season John Finstein took a leave of absence. He made seventeen grand upfront for the book, and then he got money on the back end. Two years after the book came out, they won the Final four Indiana. But it was a hot time in Bluington.
Speaker 2: His last column appeared in the Washington Post and that was just a couple of days ago, and it was a profile on Michigan State head coach Tom is A. But John Feinstein left a lasting imprint on the world of sports. Dead at the age of sixty nine, all right eight seven seven to three DP show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show. It's a meet Friday. But Tyler's not here. He was on the road with a big german doing a site survey in Iowa and they drove thirty six hours. Those two. You imagine the big German and Tyler and that would be a buddy movie. I don't know if their buddies after getting home yesterday afternoon.
Speaker 4: That dynamic is pretty fascinating.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they're relaying. But I talked to the big German yesterday afternoon and he sounded like he had been up for thirty six hours driving back with Tyler. But so we reached out to our good brother buddy Lou, who's going to bring in corn beef. So we're having corn beef sandwiches today. Who is it better than we do?
Speaker 4: No body?
Speaker 3: Okay, Seeton, what's poll question today? Let's see we got a couple of them here. Do you want to start football or basketball?
Speaker 2: Let me start basketball? Two from Pauli.
Speaker 3: Okay, Steph Curry is the greatest shooter in NBA history and the top ten player in the NBA of all time. Both or yes or no?
Speaker 2: I'm going to say both. Yeah, now. It's interesting though, and I saw Sports Center had a topic today this morning, might have been on Get Up, and it was should Steph Curry be considered the greatest of all time? Well, tell me how many people you're considering? I g is it twenty? Is it fifteen? Is there's only one greatest of all time? You can't be He's one of the greatest of all time. There's a goat and it. I mean, Michael Jordan is considered the goat. Okay, is Steph Curry in the conversation the greatest of all time? I would say no, but he's still a top ten player of all time. It just it feels like there's two players who are the greatest of all time, or at least in the conversation. It's Lebron on the periphery, and then it's Mike. But you know, you get into this when somebody played, who they played against, how many titles they won? It was different back then. It's different now, and I get all of that. Steph Curry changed the game as much, if not more so, than any other player in history. If you look at the direction of the sport, that's the guy. He's the compass. It points North with him, I don't know if that makes him the greatest of all time. We get caught up in ranking. Where is that? Oh that guy Tim Duncan is here? And where's Bill run. I know this is what we do just because we have to fill three hours. I know this is what we're trying to do. But sometimes we do a disservice to the players when we start talking and ranking. You know, is Jerry West in the top ten anymore? Probably not? I hate to say it, probably not. Is Larry Bird still in the top ten? Maybe? I mean, you gotta be we hold on for dear life.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: I'm holding on for dear life to Jerry West legacy. Oh he lost all those times in the finals and he only won one. I know all of that. Jerry West was so far ahead of his time, it's not even funny, crazy ahead of his time. Like he was shooting jump shots. Guys didn't shoot jump shots back then, and what he did, and he was a winner and maybe the greatest general manager of all time. I get all of that. Larry Bird, I mean, but it was ten years. Lebron's a better player than Larry Bird. Where's Kareem on the leg? Like, we get caught up in this Kevin Durant, is he going to be in the top ten when it's all said and done. You know, where's a chem Elijah one? Where's Magic? Where's Kobe? I mean, after a while, you can only put ten in the top ten. We tend to put like fourteen in the top ten, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 6: And then what ends up happening is you start nitpicking. You know, they say, oh, well, this person had to hit a shot for this guy to win a championship. Well, it's a team. Who's the best player on the team? Are they even there without him? You start doing that? Who was on his team? Well, Kobe had shack for the first Dree Like, oh my goodness, Kobe had twenty eight a game. I don't know what you want me to say.
Speaker 2: Well, then you get, well, hey, biggest moment in Lebron's career it was he didn't hit the shot.
Speaker 4: Ray Allen saved his legacy.
Speaker 2: Huh, Ray Allen did. And then you also had Kyrie. So two of the biggest shots in a championship run for Lebron James had to do with two other people. Steve Kerr hit a big shot for Michael Jordan. John Paxson hit a big shot for Michael Jordan. We don't bring that up. Michael never never missed a game winning shot and he won everything. But we don't give credit with Lebron getting to the NBA finals. Where's we go, Hey, Jordan, he won six? What did he do in the other ones when he didn't win?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 2: That has to factor in Joe Montana four? No, never lost. Okay, how many did he go to?
Speaker 9: Four?
Speaker 2: How many did Tom Brady go to? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But he lost.
Speaker 2: He got there. So what you know, we start slicing and dicing and who's great and how great? And I get it. Sometimes you're short on topics and you go, how about Steph Curry great of all time? Yeah, that sounds great, Greeny, let's do it. We'll send a spind a couple of segments on it. Yeah, come on, get up, everybody. But he's got four thousand three pointers. Four thousand. I think next closest is James Harden at just under nine hundred behind him. I don't think he'll catch him. But then we'll do the math on Steph Curry getting to I don't know, five thousand three pointers. When it's all said, and done. We'll come up with the pole question. We got to play of the day, stat of the day, just getting started? Did I mention that we're in Sacramento, Todd, Let's go sack down? Alrighty, Fox Sports eight ninety am.
Speaker 7: You may read town s.
Speaker 2: Town one oh four point seven FM and Sacramento every week. Thank you Todd, thank you. Oh my gosh, they're probably going the GM's probably going, well, it's.
Speaker 4: A month by month.
Speaker 2: What did we sign up for? Yeah, Kurt Bagelman, he's the GM at Kaka party. Hey KURTI Yeah, Kurt's a good time. Hello Baglman in Sacktown. Hello, alright, I'm brand. How about we take a break. How about we take a break, just getting started on this.
Speaker 3: Meet good boarding.
Speaker 2: Chun time sixteen minutes past Hong.
Speaker 4: Kong, Capitol of California.
Speaker 2: I miss giving the time and temperature. When I did local radio, it'd be, you know, like thirty five after the hour, twenty five before the top. You know, you'd be like two ways to give you the time and temperature, trafficking weather together every nine minutes and sixty seconds right here. But who speaks like that normally? You know when you're but they teach you, you're like, eh, you know, coming up Zeppelin though? Who and skinnerd Yeah? Two for Tuesday?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 4: And how do you show it up at Homye? Hey, Hernie passed the potato.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we'll take a break. We need a break back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 10: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Cavino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too. Take your phone calls chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Kovin on Rich wherever you get your podcast, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Garage sale, tag Sale, yard Sale. It's going on at dan Patrick dot com clearing out inventory for the spring. Everything must go. You can go there and get some great deals. Also, sign up for the newsletter when you go there. Great wraps up the day. They do a great job. Backroom guys do a wonderful job with the newsletter. Steph Curry scores eleven two three pointers and the Warriors, more importantly, had a win against the Kings, so four thousand career three pointers. Only one other player has as many as three thousand. That's James Harden with three thousand, one hundred and twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Stand a Day saday statauta day stand outa Day.
Speaker 4: This is the style of the day.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Panini America the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Steph Curry. Let's say he averages sixty games over the next four years. He says that he wants to play a little bit longer. His contracts two more years. He averages around sixty three games a season for his entire career, so if you do that, he would need to make According to CBS Sports, they did a breakdown on this, at least four point two to three pointers a game over those next sixty games in four years to reach five thousand. How unbreakable is this? I think he wants to play until he's forty. I think his birthday is today. I think he's thirty seven today, two years left on his contract. He's talked about playing past his current deal. He's also not going to be the main guy. He did talk about this where he knows that he will have a diminishing role on the team and that'll be interesting. He may play the role that Klay Thompson did, where I mean Steph gets his shot. Klay Thompson, he can score fifty and take nine dribbles in a game. The true spot up shooter Steph is capable of doing that. That's what his dad, Dell did. But Steph has a great handle, underrated handle gets his shot, and that's the difference. You have to be able to get your shot. You can't be just to catch and you can't be Kyle Korver. I mean, you can be Kyle Korver and be one of the great shooters in history. But if you're going to have anybody approach, you know, James Harden can still get his shot. But James Harden is almost nine hundred three pointers behind. But I don't know how important that is for Steph Curry. I would think Steph Curry winning another championship would certainly be more important than that. But if you're looking for individual awards and you want to put something out of reach, you can't. But in today's NBA, let's say Tray Young. Let's say Trey Young can play until he's thirty seven, thirty eight, how many three pointers is he going to have when it's all said and done. There could be somebody who is not even in the NBA or in college right now, and maybe they're that next great shooter. Because Steph Curry has birthed all these great shooters and a lot of guys who think they're great shooters or good shooters and they're not. But changing the game, change the game more than anybody probably in the history of the sport. You can want to block shots the way Bill Russell did, but you can't. You can leave from the foul line and dunk, but you can't. You can shoot three pointers. You can. Some shouldn't, but everybody can. Everybody should try it once, no matter how old you are. Just go out there and go, could I shoot this? And even further, could I go? Logo? And NBA three? Because high school in college is really easy. NBA that's different because that's where you need your legs. And because you see Steph Curry and you're going, how does he do it? And even go back to his draft profile, he wasn't a point guard, didn't think he could be a starting shooting guard. He was going to be a spot up guy. He was going to be a Steve Kerr, a John Paxson, Craig Hodges. There were a lot of questions del Curry just like his dad. But then you'll get this, Oh, that body won't hold up in the NBA, Like these are all the things that so two of the great scorers in history, Kevin Durant and Steph Curry, they weren't going to be able to hold up to the riggers of the NBA. Well, the NBA has changed now. You can't put your arms on people. You can't do that arm bar, you can't hold them, put your hand on their hip, all those silly things they allowed you to do. So there's more of a free roaming going on there, and those two players have certainly taken advantage of that.
Speaker 6: Yes, Marvin, I was always flabbergasted by that because Isaiah Thomas was probably the fourth best player in that era after Jordan Magic and Burt He was what six feet tall and not like built like a running back or anything like that. So I didn't understand what the whole his body won't hold up thing was about.
Speaker 2: Well, we didn't know if Steph could beat peopled off the dribble and go back to watching him at Davidson. I mean, he looked like he was twelve years old and he had an incredible run. But the fact that he came back I think this is maybe one of the most overlooked things with Steph Curry's career. He could have gone to the NBA, but he wanted to come back and he wanted to play point guard at Davidson And I thought that told me an awful lot about him. That I think he understood, maybe in other people's minds, that he would be limited. He wanted to prove that he had a handle, he could be a point guard. Now he's not a guy that's known for his passing. I mean, he's known for shooting. I think, if you're the greatest of all time, I don't think you can be one dimensional and be the greatest of all time. Steph is the greatest shooter of all time. But when I talk about Jordan or I talk about Lebron, they were also, especially Mike, really really good defensive players. You know, Bird and Magic weren't known for their defense. Mckeem was wonderful. Jerry West was an all defensive player. I don't know if Oscar was, probably was. Tim Duncan was a great two way player. Kobe could lock you down. You know, I think, if you're talking greatest of all time, we have to talk about both ends of the floor. And maybe it's not fair, you know, just staff, but you know, I have to acknowledge that, you know, kd became a pretty good defensive player.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Paulling, I'm looking at Steph Curry's stats, and he has four thousand threes. He really isn't slowing down at all. Over the past five seasons. He's averaging three hundred and eleven threes made per game. He led the league in threes made every season over the last five So no one's catching him. No one's making up ground of the current NBA players.
Speaker 2: But I hope we celebrate this. I don't think we celebrate enough. And you know that's why I bring up some of the older players that you remember them or you find out about them, celebrate them, And I think sometimes that's lost that we look at what's happening today is oh my god, that guy's incredible. You know, he's so much better than that guy who played before him. And sometimes you didn't see them. You might have highlights, you might have stats, but you know, I mentioned Elgin Baylor. You know I watched Elgin Baylor play and I said, he's playing a different game than anybody else in the NBA at six four, six five, and he'd get twenty rebounds a game and he'd score sixty points. It was just different. But you know, the no TV era hurt those players. You know, Bill Russell is like Babe Ruth from the Stay or Wilt Chamberlain, where it's almost like did that really happen? I mean, the greatest performance in NBA history, we don't have video of it, Will scoring one hundred, so we have to just assume that in Hershey, Pennsylvania, Yeah, I guess he scored one hundred. We don't know, like there's a picture of his teammates congratulating him. We don't celebrate greatness enough because what happens is we get into these debates like Lebron and Michael. I mean, we've exhausted that, and it's like politics. I'm not changing you and you're not changing me.
Speaker 4: But we like that.
Speaker 2: All if Lebron went and look I said it, If Lebron wins another one, all right, now it becomes an more interesting conversation, that's all. But is Lebron going to supplant Michael in people's minds? No, anybody who was there you're holding on to, you know, your youth. Oh, nobody's better than Mike. Okay, yeah, pulling.
Speaker 8: I'll throw out a player and I think you'll agree that doesn't really get his due and it wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 2: Hakim Elijaua.
Speaker 8: I think he is the best center of my lifetime, all purpose, everything he did, and I think he gets dinged a little bit the two titles he got. Michael Jordan wasn't there sure and said they they don't have an asterisk. But almost like people talk about that and don't give him his personal credit.
Speaker 2: Even I go back to the draft day photo of Steph Curry. It looks like it's bring your son to the draft day. I mean truly, he looks like he's about fifteen, right, I mean it's remarkable.
Speaker 4: He's got bell suit on. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he probably had a hand me down from his dad. They're similar size. But you're looking at him and you go baby faced killer. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like that's why sometimes I don't really like knock people too much for missing him. I don't know that anybody thought that he was going to be what he's become, you know. Yeah, I mean a lot of the criticisms that people had of him were pretty true. You know, he did seem pretty slight, he was a skinny guy, he was you know, a lot of different things, but he like blossomed into this unbelievable player.
Speaker 2: But I think the one thing that we missed, and I actually went back and looked at some video, is how quick he could get his shot off. That, to me, is the most remarkable thing about Steph Curry, that ability to get that final bounce and go up and get that shot off so quickly. I didn't realize that he was doing that, but I didn't know it would translate into the NBA because if you sit courtside, the number of times that a player almost blocked somebody's shot is just about every shot. They all most get it. But to be that small, and granted he's sixty three, but still you got guys who've got wingspan of seven feet who are guarding him. Every coach has tried to come up with a plan to stop Steph Curry. And that's where I always marvel at greatness. Every game you go into, they have a game plan for you. How many players in the NBA is there a designated game plan? I gotta stop him every single night. You have that, every single year. You have that, but you're still achieving greatness. And that's what I marvel at.
Speaker 6: Yes, Marvin, That's why I'm always fascinated at great scores because guys like maybe Kobe Jordan, Kevin Durant I, they know your move and you still they know Iverson's going double crossed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you still can't.
Speaker 6: Larry Bird would tell you what he's gonna do. Hey, you already know Michael Jordan, especially at the end of his career. You knew the fadeaway was coming. Yeah, And like you said before, how close those guys were to blocking that shot like millimeters?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Yeah, I'm pelling I'm looking back at the Steph Curry draft grades and draft profiles, and like you said, there's lots of questions. What's the difference between Steph Curry and Jimmer fourdett Fordett was taken out of BYU a great score two years later, and I'm looking at his draft profile, a bigger, stronger version of Steph Curry on a couple of them, and Jimmer Furdett couldn't stay in the league and Steph Curry's an all timer.
Speaker 2: It's wild, isn't it. And I don't know if it's because Jimmer didn't have a great handle. I mean, you know they said the following, well he can't play defense. Steph can't play defense. It's just Steph can play offense. And all I know is okay. And the analogy is okay, maybe I don't play great defense, but if I score thirty five and you score twenty one, that's fourteen point separation.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 2: I am kind of playing. My offense is my defense, and I might force you to, you know, alter your game and the number of imitators that you have with Steph Curry. If you've ever been on the floor and you've got somebody who is firing up jumpers and then all of a sudden you start thinking like fire up jumpers too, I mean, Steph Curry, it's debilitating when you talk about a jumper. You know, a dunk used to be the oh man, that's going to last a while. Boy, that's going to send a message to me. A three under duress, everybody knows you're gonna shoot it. That's where it crushes your spirit. I mean, look at what happened in the gold medal game in the Olympics. Steph Curry crushed them with that last three, crushed them. It's like, oh my God. And that's the feeling sometimes that he lead leaves you with. It's a oh that hurts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Marvin, I keep going back to it a everybody you really want to appreciate Steph Curry. Watch Quart of Gold on Netflix and you'll see Nicholas Batoum talk about what happened when Steph Curry hit the three in front of him and Evan Fortier. He was like, ninety nine point nine nine percent of people on Earth would not have hit that shot. Only him, Yeah, and he was like, it was gut wrenching to watch that ball go in, like swish. The shot was money too, not like oh rolls around the rim.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's one of the great shots of all time. What's at stake? Who's shooting it, who's guarding him?
Speaker 4: Who he didn't pass the ball to?
Speaker 2: You know, that's where if you're Lebron or kd it's like Steph, I mean, you had three guys on you can you pass the ball?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Pulling.
Speaker 8: There's a photo and I know I can't describe it on radio. There's two six seven dudes hanging on Curry. He is clearly much short of them, and he's barely even in the shot. It doesn't look like anything's gonna happen. It looks like a heave.
Speaker 2: It's a fascinating and it might be it might be equivalent to Joe Montana's past to Dwight Clark, where you're just kind of fading and fading and fade. I'm just gonna throw it up. Maybe I'll just get it up there. Dwight Clark goes and gets it, and it's known as the catch. All right, we'll take a break. Got our play of the day up next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show week days at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp Oh my God, the Play of the.
Speaker 10: Day, Twitter lips, I got it play.
Speaker 9: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 2: Check this out shoots it all Fellows three missed the rebound, the Stafford glances the.
Speaker 8: Way to Haffer put another winds.
Speaker 4: I don't know how Chucky came up with then ball.
Speaker 1: We've got to see a replay. How in the world did he get that?
Speaker 2: Louisville has won ten consecutive games. That's courtesy of lear Field Sports. As Louisville advances in the ACC Tournament. It's still weird to watch the ACC Tournament. And it was cow versus Stanford the other night, and I go, oh my goodness. Yeah. I even caught myself with Oklahoma Kentucky last night. It's like SEC tournament Oklahoma against Kentucky, and I'm like, that's right. And that was a great game by the way, Kentucky winning it at the buzzer. But there's some of these matchups like how can you go to the games if you're Stanford or you know, col and you're gonna go to North Carolina for the ACC I mean, what are we doing?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Oregon fans have to go to Indianapolis to watch them play Michigan State night.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Our one poll results, Seaton, What do you have for me?
Speaker 3: Well, I kind of zagged a little bit. Maybe you thought I was going to see you were zigging. Yeah, yeah, sometimes sometimes we do that. Okay, we put up there, which is more true. It's a topic we haven't really dove too much into yet. I think we will, which is more true. Aaron Rodgers is holding the Steelers hostage. The Steelers are indecisive about their quarterback situation.
Speaker 2: I was trying to go the entire hour without saying I'm just teeing up the next down. Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, buddy, all Right.
Speaker 2: I don't think Aaron Rodgers is holding the Steelers hostage. I think the Minnesota Vikings are holding the Steelers hostage. Yeah, yeah, how about we wait till next hour and then we can dive into the Aaron Rodgers. Where's he gone? Okay? All right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: All right, greatest football.
Speaker 2: And we're going to play the Aaron Rodgers game a little bit later on today. Todd, are we still on in Sacramento?
Speaker 4: Last I heard, we are with us?
Speaker 2: Okay, Todd has some new promo lines for the DP show in Sacramento.
Speaker 7: I was to send it around, but I want to want to hear it for the first time. So if you want to hear me.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, normally you're supposed to clear these through page and I.
Speaker 7: Was going to, but I thought he would enjoy it more. None of this is inappropriate or would be an FCC violin.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see how much Paulie enjoys this. Okay, here we go. So we're on our new affiliate in Sacramento. It's eight ninety AM and one oh four point seven FM.
Speaker 7: It's only about half a dozen okay, okay, Oh my god, we're a sack again.
Speaker 2: Deep peace.
Speaker 4: God it right. That was a start. I thought i'd perform instead of just reading it.
Speaker 2: And who is that?
Speaker 4: That will be the back street point.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: So the next one is Dan and the Dan Net's the new Sack street Boys. Okay, they kind of go together, all right, all right, Sack street Boys.
Speaker 4: If you're not listening to the Dan Patrick Show, you don't know Sack.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah you know jam Okay, old school all.
Speaker 4: Right, DP and the guys are going to sack the quarter hour.
Speaker 2: That's a little inside radio there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, because a couple more turn of the sack, they're back to run the show.
Speaker 4: It's Dan Patrick, turn up? Does that?
Speaker 9: Back to right the show?
Speaker 4: One second? That's a good bet, all right.
Speaker 5: And the last two I don't have any of the songs. Best one comfort fruit for your ear, Dan.
Speaker 11: The Dennetts are like sack and cheese. And my last one was this one I think is questionable, but it's safe. We don't like to brag, but we're great in the sack.
Speaker 8: All right, Okay.
Speaker 2: Playing the day brought to you by Rapid Radios, the official walkie Talkie. My god, we're sack again instant push to Talk offering national Loyalt coverage Nose subscription Zever business owners can keep in touch with up to two hundred staff members at one time. Go to Rapid Radios dot com and get sixty percent off. Uh Jake and Buffalo Hi Jake, what's on your mind today? Hey?
Speaker 9: Dan?
Speaker 12: After that performing, my question may be more relevant than ever, But I was wondering if Todd is in any sort of concussion protocol after that pie yesterday, because it looked like he could have used the trip to the Blue Medical ten.
Speaker 2: Well, you took a pile to the face at the end of the show, so did Marvin. How did you feel? Because that was a pie to the face that was like Saint Balantyne's Day massacre, where it was like against the wall blueberry it was.
Speaker 7: It was a bit aggressive, but I was okay. My eye was like fluttering a little bit. You know sometimes I have a little nervous twitch. I don't know if I had a debate except him, because my left nostril was a little stuffed up.
Speaker 4: I had to get a little blueberry pie out of there. But it was.
Speaker 2: Aggressive, but I'm okay.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: David in Ohio. Hi David, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Hey Dan? Happy meat Friday?
Speaker 12: Nobody. I've got three pie related NFL names that are not from the seventies, so I got a leg up on Todd for this. First one is instead of Johnny unitas Johnny Pie, second one is Ty Cobbler, and the last one is Eli apple Pie.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you. David. Don't know if we were asking for that today, but we got it.
Speaker 4: Got the creative juices flowing with the list.
Speaker 2: Buddha in San Francisco. Good morning, Buddha, No no, Boddy.
Speaker 9: Happy to me Friday, boys like the beam, Fritzy, Let's go Buddha. The first sports book that came to mind Dan when you asked was definitely Sam Smith's Jordan Rules, Classic breakdown on Jordan's running with the Bad Boys, Pistons and Dan on Monday, when you were deep breathing us on your wine tasting trip and you asked the boys, wine tasting trips are dot dot dot? I thought Marvin Nailda was his answer of boujie, and then my answer would have been wine tasting trips are a buzz. You see what I did there, Fritzy, very clever and Dan, I had my sources reach out to me on Monday morning as well about your visit to Sea Smoke. My representatives there text me letting me know you guys had a great time, and I was so happy to hear that. Good for you. And next time you're in the area, Dan, you should venture up a little more north and discover Passer Robles. That's a wonderful wine region, full of amazing wineries, restaurants, and it's a vibe. So you guys have a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Buddha.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I want to go back to that area and you can go. You can be like in one area and go an hour in a couple of different directions and you can go to the beach, you can go to o Hi, you can go up towards the Bay area. But yeah, it was wonderful. But once again, I love love and I went with my wife romantic stroll, you know, just just us. Yes, Marmon, are.
Speaker 4: We going to do that next year in San Francisco, little wor.
Speaker 2: Have a romantic I'd love to absolutely, yeah, And I'm not an expert. I just there's a couple of wines that I really like. There's a couple of regions that I like, and I just thought, you know what, let's do that for a couple of days. Yes, were you strolling?
Speaker 8: Was there like a lap blanket on the ground.
Speaker 4: Was there a breeze?
Speaker 2: There was a breeze. It was sunny, and uh, we were just like you know when you see the movies or you see a picture where people are giggling and they're they're just doing it for the like we were. We were waiting for somebody to take our picture because it looked like we were being phony. Where we're going? Isn't this the greatest I'm going to feed you with grape.
Speaker 4: Like one of the Sialis ads, you know whatever. Is just having a great time.
Speaker 2: We were we were sitting in two bathtubs. The strikes, Yeah, yes, paint this wall real quick. And then our hands touched You know that means I've been working on my sixty seven Mustang.
Speaker 9: Hi.
Speaker 2: Oh you brought out some lemonade? What do you really to tell me?
Speaker 4: Spackling some driveball.
Speaker 2: The next thing you know is go time.
Speaker 6: It all starts to see them cruising in the drop top.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nothing means everything and pull over?
Speaker 2: Are we still wanted Sacramentos.
Speaker 4: Let's go sack down.
Speaker 2: We get to talk about Aaron Rodgers next hour.
Speaker 9: Yay.