Speaker 1: Call Zone Media.
Speaker 2: Last week, two major news networks, CNN and CNBC partnered with the so called prediction market Calshi, an online political betting platform, to use Calshi's real time betting data in TV news segments, online news content, and as Calshi announced on X the Everything app quote to integrate prediction Markets into CNN's global newsroom, with Kalshi threatening quote, a new era of media is here. This is it could happen here. I'm Garrison Davis. Regular CNN viewers may have noticed this integration has already been happening for some time. This past election cycle, news anchors used betting odds in place of an addition to polling data to weigh the likelihood of candidates when elections. CNN's chief data analyst, Harry Enton Nate Silver Protege, who used to work for five thirty eight trailblazed the use of political gambling data in news stories earlier this year. How she praised Entin by name in their announcement of the CNN partnership.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 2: Entin is an expert at translating what data and polling are saying on any given issue, and through this integration, he can tap into real time prediction markets data to better inform and fact check his reporting unquote. Here's an example of this reporting in a CNN segment from October twenty twenty five.
Speaker 4: If you go back six months ago, you go back to April k bauldwhen what were we looking at, Well, we were looking at the Democrats with a very clear shot of taking control of the US House of Representatives. According to the Calshi prediction market odds, we saw him.
Speaker 3: In an eighty three percent chance.
Speaker 4: But those odds have gone plummeting down now we're talking about just a sixty three percent chance, while the gopiece chances up like rocket up like gold, up from seventeen percent to now a thirty seven percent chance. So will look like a pretty clear Demo likely Democratic win in the House come next year has become much closer to toss up at this point, although still slightly leaning Democratic.
Speaker 2: Harry Enton never clarifies how these quote unquote odds are formed or what they really are. To a viewer who just tuned in or maybe isn't paying that much attention, it would be very unclear that these numbers are actually from a gambling website. They're just big percentages displayed on screen the way you would see polling data or legitimate information used in a newsroom. This short section using the Caushi prediction market odds was then followed by three minutes of analysis using selective mid term voting data from twenty seventeen to twenty eighteen to support the movement in these gambling odds. The gambling odds themselves with a load bearing piece of information in this piece. Calshi's main competitor, another so called prediction market called poly Market, partnered with x the Everything app and Yahoo Finance earlier this year to integrate their prediction data into online news content. Time Magazine and Sports Illustrated have also both launched deals with the prediction market platform Galactic. So what exactly are these prediction markets and how do they function? On poly Market and Calshi, users can bet yes or no on the outcome of a question relating to world events, which is called a market. As more money is wagered on either side, the odds of the outcome change. Currently, top questions include various predictions for Time Person of the Year, will the US strike Venezuela before the end of the year, the release of the Epstein files, and who will be the next president. Calshi has tried chances at six percent. Here's Polymarket CEO Shane Copelan explaining on sixty minutes.
Speaker 1: You make money if you're right, you lose money if you're wrong, and as a result, it creates this information that's really isful for people.
Speaker 2: These companies would like you to believe that the ratio of people betting yes or no on a certain outcome of world events is somehow useful or reliable information for the general public to forecast the future, whether that's through betting on the likelihood of an upcoming recession, the winner of a sports game, which days of the week Israel will bomb Gaza, or what movie will win Best Picture. Almost fifty million dollars is currently being wagered over a potential Russia Ukraine ceasefire in twenty twenty five. Production markets currently have three billion dollars in weekly trading volume. I do need to note these companies argue that hedging out homes of world events legally is not gambling, because that would be illegal. Payments through unauthorized gambling sites are illegal under the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of two thousand and six, which suppressed the early prediction markets of the two thousands, but CALSHI is regulated as a platform for trading financial derivatives rather than securities trading or straight up legalized gambling, and this determines what entity they have to register with and what regulations they're subject to. CALSHI launched in twenty twenty one with a federal license from the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and after a year's long battle, in October twenty twenty four, a federal appeals court ruled in favor of CALSHI, allowing online prediction market betting on US elections, rejecting claims by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission that the practice was illegal gambling and their concerns that prediction market betting could undermine a lie election integrity. Former CFDC chairman Rostam benham My statement in May of twenty twenty four, reading quote contracts involving political events ultimately commoditize and degrade the integrity of the uniquely American experience of participating in the democratic electoral process. Allowing these contracts would push the CFTC, a financial market regulator, into a position far beyond its Congressional mandate and expertise quote. A week before his dad took office in January twenty twenty five, Donald Trump Junior became a strategic advisor at Calshi. Polymarket launched in twenty twenty without registering with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and was fined one point four million dollars by the CFTC in twenty twenty two for operating as an unregulated exchange and was henceforth prohibited from allowing bets from US based users. Though the Polymarket CEA EO sees it a little different.
Speaker 5: It was at one point four million dollars fine, and also it was a settlement and you could not have customers in the United States.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had to go in geoblock trading in the US and move certain operations offshore. And it wasn't hey you're banned from trading the US. It's like until you're licensed.
Speaker 3: I mean it was breaking the law.
Speaker 1: I mean people say, bring the law. It's like which law, you know? So if anything it's incompatible.
Speaker 3: It's incompatible with the law. Yeah.
Speaker 2: With the regulatory matrix that existed the past two years, Polymarket has found to be facilitating illegal gambling and subsequently banned in the countries of Switzerland, France, the UK, Poland, Singapore, Belgium, Romania and Australia. Most of these bands just required geoblocking users, which can be easily circumvented through the use of a VPN, and since the financial transactions on poly market are all done through cryptocurrency, it's not clear that poly market is taking any steps to enforce these banksands beyond geo blocking. In the midst of facing regulatory hurdles and bands from across the globe, Polymarket still exploded in popularity last year, attracting investment from Peter Thiel's venture capital firm and hundreds of thousands of new users, primarily driven by betting on the US presidential election, speculation on whether Biden would drop out of the race and who Trump would pick as vice president, all despite the platform technically being banned in the United States after the first presidential debate in July twenty twenty four, around the attempted assassination of Trump and the RNC, Polymarket gained sixty thousand new accounts. The year prior, polymarket averaged two thousand, three hundred new accounts, per month. August twenty twenty four saw seventy thousand new accounts, September ninety thousand, October three hundred thousand, the month after Trump's second inauguration four hundred thousand. Currently, polymarket has over sixty thousand daily active traders and hundreds of thousands of monthly traders since October twenty twenty four. To give another example of their recent growth, in April twenty twenty three, Polymarket's monthly volume was about three million dollars. A year later, it was thirty nine million. In November twenty twenty four, it was two point five billion. Last month, it was three point seven billion. In summer twenty twenty five, cash Pttel's FBI and the CFTC under Trump dropped investigations into whether polymarket was illegally allowing US users to place bets using VPNs. Shortly thereafter, Donald Trump Junior's venture capital firm invested in the platform, and Trump Junior himself joined Polymarket's advisory board. Curiously, a few days after Trump Junior joined poly Market, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission announced it was going to allow poly market to operate in the United States after acquiring another company that held a US license. This past October, Trump's own truth Social announced it was partnering with Crypto dot Com to launch truth predict quote, a revolutionary prediction market backed by President Trump for enhanced decision making unquote. When Barry Weiss's sixty Minutes did a puff piece on Polymarket with its CEO last week, Anderson Cooper inquired about the risk of insider trading, poly Market's CEO, Shane Kaplan, seemed to think that a little bit of insider trading my be good actually.
Speaker 5: But predictive markets do rely on someone having some inside information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that people going and having an edge to the market is a good thing. Obviously, you need to curate them, and you need to be really clear and stringent on where the line is drawn and like sort of ethics, and we spend a lot of time on that. But it's sort of an inevitability that this will happen and there's a lot of benefits from it and people will adapt.
Speaker 2: The CEO did not elaborate on what polymarkets practice of curating insider trading looks like and where their quote unquote stringent line is drawn, because in reality it doesn't seem this line exists. They essentially encourage insider trading through these vague statements and lack of clear enforcement. From the point of view of these platforms, insider trading makes their prediction markets more accurate, so it's a net positive, and if it fucks over some users on the other side of a bet, that's just the cost of business. Last week, an alleged insider trader won over a million dollars for bets on Google's twenty twenty five year in search rankings, listing twenty two out of twenty three in the correct order. This user has made a series of early bets related to Google the past year, like the exact release date of Google's Gemini three point zero, which they won one hundred and fifty thousand dollars on. But because this poly market user isn't trading stock, there's no clear regulatory mechanism to stop this behavior, and polymarket can't reverse these trades because they run through the blockchain, not that they would even necessarily want to. Professional gambler, political data analyst and poly Market advisor Nate Silver was also asked about insider trading on the China Talk podcast two months ago.
Speaker 6: Are you worried about insider trading with this, with all this political betting. I mean there's an aspect of like, look, these are all crypto, you know, you get on these markets with crypto and like like there were markets like which way is Suzanne Collins going to vote? And you know the sort of the like you know, like the tail outcomes for like a legislative assistant in her office? Are you know you can make ten times your salary? And like a minute, right, what's your what's your think think on this?
Speaker 3: For sure?
Speaker 7: I mean, look, I think there are a couple of qualifications though, Like, first of all, I think people on the inside often earn't as well as some formed as they think, and or there are some downsides having an inside view and not an outside of you. You might drinp the kool aid, so to speak, right, you might be in a bubble.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, I mean I mean there are ones where it's like you can literally I mean there's been a lots of group chats people talking about like very very sketchy trades and one way bets that are being made in the stock market of like what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: With a trade deal?
Speaker 6: I mean you can literally be the person who decides right and be vetting on the side if weird.
Speaker 7: If there are incentives to make money in a world of eight billion people, many of them are very competitive, and all of whom and not all of them, most of them access to the internet, right, people are going to find a way a way to do it.
Speaker 2: Right, Let's pause here for a sec. What do you think Nick goes on to list as a comparison to political insider trading as like an unfortunate but somewhat inevitable consequence of our evolving system of finance.
Speaker 7: Like in the crypto space, we've seen like an increasing the number of like crypto kidnappings. Right, Well, I mean that's one of the consequences if people are worth vast amounts of wealth that isn't very secure. It's just it's just gonna gonna happen until you up security or have better solutions or whatever else. And so like, you know, I don't think there's necessarily anymore or less insider creating on polymarket then there might be for in sports betting side, we've seen a lot of sports betting scandals or for regular equities, you know, I believe the literature says that like members of Congress achieve abnormal returns from their stock portfolios, I'd have to double I'm sure there's some debate about that. I after like to double check that.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: It's fine, bros. It's just like cryptocurrency kidnapping. It's fine. Actually, So Naate goes on to say that prediction market insider trading isn't that different from congressmen doing insider trading on the stock market, or like rigged sports betting, but he really neglects to emphasize that those things are also bad and should be aggressively clamped down on. That shouldn't be allowed, and prediction markets intentionally skirt regulation. They currently have far less legal protections for users against unfair practices, and with crypto they can be pretty anonymized, enabling bad actors. And now news companies are legitimizing turning everyone's phone into a corrupt casino for world events, whether that's Israel starving Palestine or how many tweets Elon Musk is going to publish this week. The day before CAW she announced their partnership agreement with CNN and NCNBC. CBS aired a sixty minutes puff piece on Polymarket anchored by Anderson Cooper.
Speaker 5: When we met with Copeland last month, more than three point six million dollars had been wagered on whether or not Venezuela's president, Nicholas Muduro would be out of power by the end of the year. Polymarket users didn't think, so they gave it only a twenty three percent chance. And if you buy no on that, and you're buying it at seventy eight cents and at the end of the year he's still in power, yeah, you get a dollar per share, so you've made a profit of twenty to share. I can't see why this would be I mean, I don't want to is a term addictive, but it would be compelling.
Speaker 3: I mean maybe it is a TICNII well, certainly compelling. This is how I see it.
Speaker 1: If you are into geopolitics, this creates an incentive for you to dig in to what's going on in Venezuela and try and get an edge.
Speaker 2: Anderson Cooper, who both works for the newly Calshi partner at CNN as well as CBS's Sixty Minutes, is so hesitant to call this clearly addictive practice addictive quote unquote compelling. Here's how Polymarket CEO Shane Copelan explained the platform earlier in this piece.
Speaker 1: It's a site where you can basically bet on current events, some sort of question about the future, like an election, and as a result, when a ton of people are betting, you get the betting odds, which basically tell you how likely each outcome.
Speaker 3: Is and how accurate is it.
Speaker 1: It's the most accurate thing we have as mankind right now, until someone else creates some sort of super crystal ball.
Speaker 2: Anderson Cooper responds with narration that the CEO quote may be prone to hyperbole, but he's definitely onto something unquote. In explaining how poly Market users attempt to seek truth and gain an edge, copeland told the story of how in twenty twenty four, an anonymous French user made over eighty million dollars on poly Market by betting on Trump winning the presidential election, and to bolster his bets, he contracted YouGov to conduct private polls in swing states.
Speaker 1: People thought he'd just liked Trump, and he had actually commissioned a ton of private polls. He did something called neighbor polling, which is you ask people who they think their neighbors are likely to vote for four scenarios for an election where there's a stigma to saying you're going to vote for somebody, and people feel some sort of social awkwardness. And what he noticed was there was huge discrepancy in the neighbor polling versus the normal polling, and the neighbor polling favored Trump enormously.
Speaker 3: He thought Trump was undervalued.
Speaker 1: If this guy was not able to make eighty million, but rather able to make eighty thousand dollars, he would have never gone through the hassle. But when you get markets that are big enough, you create this incentive for people to go above and beyond to try and find truth.
Speaker 2: What the CEO is arguing here is that the sheer scale of money being wagered creates incentive to quote unquote find truth. In media discussions of prediction markets, there's this specter of objectivity around the gambled odds, which obviously the CEO of poly Market has a personal incentive to encourage. But Anderson Cooper here doesn't challenge this notion of capital t truth. Even though Donald Trump was way ahead in prediction market odds back during the twenty twenty election, which had his chances of winning that election far higher than what pure polling models showed. Kalshi claims that prediction markets can help journalists quote unquote fact check, but doesn't explain how fact can be determined from speculative gambling markets. Where is the fact in gambling? Well, we will find out after these ads. To quote from poly market advisor Nate Silver's blog The Silver Bulletin quote, It's basically good when people are more exposed to probabilities and they become more normalized. But of course I also analyze poles and build probabilistic models myself. In that capacity, I strongly disagree with the notion that prediction markets can serve as a good substitute for poles. These sorts of claims are sometimes advanced by the prediction market companies themselves, including poly Market. To be fair, one minor pet peeve is that both reporters and readers often confuse probabilities for poll results unquote. As Nate goes on to explain, if Trump is up fifty five to forty five over Kamala Harris on a prediction market, that's not saying that Trump is expected to win by ten points. It means that ten percent more users on the website favor Trump winning, which is pretty close to a toss up. This confusion is a huge problem, which is bolstered in both how prediction market companies market their platform, but also how journalists use gambling data in news stories. If you see a social media post, an advertisement, or a random news segment showing percentages tied to pictures of two politicians in a race without context, those betting numbers could be interpreted in a number of ways and influence someone's perception of an election and maybe even their choice on who to vote for, or even whether to vote at all. In an October speech, Zora Mumdani reference to Calshi billboards predicting a Cuomo victory in the Democratic primary.
Speaker 9: When I walked the length of Manhattan just a few days before the election, hundreds of New Yorkers marched alongside me. And when we strolled into Times Square under a billboard with betting odds that showed Cuomo's chances of winning at nearly eighty percent, we knew that the so called experts were set to get it wrong yet again. Andrew Cuomo was supposed to be inevitable. When you see the Calshi odds that have our chances of victory in the nineties. Know this. You are reading the same things that Andrew Cuomo read when he went to sleep each night in June, believing that his victory was promised. We cannot allow complace see to infiltrate this movement.
Speaker 2: Cal She excitedly shared the latter half of that clip, proclaiming breaking zoron Mamdani references his Calci odds on stage, Calshi is mainstream unquote despite this clip demonstrating how prediction markets often suffer from inaccurate bias. Last week, Discount Steve Kornaki, former five poin thirty eight analyst and now CNN's data expert Harry Enton shared this segment about the Tennessee District seven special election on x the Everything app with the caption odds are Dems will come within ten points of a win, if not outright win.
Speaker 10: I would say, if you had to look at the congressional map any district that Donald Trump won by twenty two points, you would say, you know, you've got like nearly a one hundred percent chance of winning if you're running for Congress there.
Speaker 3: But what are the prediction markets saying right.
Speaker 4: Now, Yeah, what are we talking about in terms of diction market huts. Look, the Democrat has a fifteen percent chance of winning in that race. Okay, a fifteen percent chance, which ain't nothing in a district that Donald Trump won by twenty two points. But here, I think is the key nugget on this side of the of the ledger, and that is a GOP win by under ten points. There's a sixty eight percent chance of that. So there is a more than two thirds chance that the Republican candidate, Yes, they win, but they win by a significantly lower margin than Donald Trump. We're talking about double digits, smaller. We're talking about a huge, huge shift to the left. We're talking about When you add these two together, we're talking about a more than eighty percent chance that there is a clear double digit shift to the left, and a fifteen percent chance the Democrat actually wins in a district that Donald Trump won by twenty two points. That just shows you how bad the environment is for Republicans right now, that the Democrat has any sort of a chance in this talk to me about with a special lak.
Speaker 2: He's just authoritatively rattling off complete speculation on a Democrat victor. As big screens display percentages in huge text with source Calci in tiny text the bottom of the screen. Ordinary polling showed that this was a close race that leaned Red by two to eight points, and the Republican did end up winning by nine points. To quote the broken clock Nate silver quote. Without having polls to look at, the prediction markets would probably kind of suck at making election forecasts. Translating poles into probabilities is considerably more complicated when there are many correlated races at once, such as in the battle for the electoral College or control of Congress. Prediction markets had a strong twenty twenty four in this regard. They leaned toward Trump when our model had it at fifty to fifty. I don't think this was because of any special modeling insight per se, but because they incorporated some sort of prior intuition that Trump would overperform his polls. Again, so give the markets credit for that. These sorts of soft quote unquote intangible intuitions can be valuable, though you'd need a lot of data to determine whether they add or subtract value in the long run unquote, As Nate himself acknowledges someone like Andrew Cuomo had much higher betting odds throughout the entire New York mayoral race than a purely statistical model would show. A contention I have with Nate. One of many is though I call prediction market numbers gambling odds, they are not actual probabilities. These odds aren't based on objective mathematical principles like flipping a coin, the three door problem, or even something like blackjack. These odds are created whole cloth through guessing, sometimes educated or day informed guessing, but still primarily through people's intuition, which is susceptible to group impulses. Many random world events lack a reliable basis of continuous controlled data that's needed to form a probability like that which is applied to legalized sports betting. This is quite evident in the betting odds around the last Papal conclave, which had very little relevant data to use for informed predictions. There was no existing probability to support the election of an American pope, a first time occurrence. With prediction markets, people can still do research to make an informed bet, but it's not really the case that ex candidate is mathematically expected to win an election. Eighty out of one hundred instances, a hive mind of users have formed that statistical division. Through the power of money, eighty percent of users are betting that a certain result is likely to occur. So the problem isn't just that, like Nate says, people are confusing probabilities for polls. It's that they're confusing prediction market betting odds for mathematical probabilities. It's this difference that allows betting on sports outcomes via Calshian polymarket, even in states that ban typical sports betting, because you're not actually betting on fixed odds, you're betting against other investors. And now news companies are not just manufacturing consent and normalizing political gambling, but are actively encouraging the use of these platforms and endorsing the predictive capacity of these gambling markets. Anderson Cooper calls it the quote unquote wisdom of crowds. But we already have methods for learning group consensus, like polling, which may have problems, but frankly far fewer problems than gambling on world events. Beyond the moral qualms of betting money on human suffering, prediction markets are susceptible to not just personal bias, but group bias based on the current ratio of odds. This in group consensus can be influenced by short lived trending topics, and these platforms cater to a hyper online point of view. Prediction market users provide a very non representational sample variety pulling from a very specific type of guy who regularly uses these platforms. To quote from Calsh's CNN Partnership announcement, quote, cal she has become the definitive source for staying informed about the future and is used by reporters, politicians, pundits, Wall Street and Main Street get recently called the New York City mayoral election eight minutes after polls closed, hours before the media. It's because of this accuracy that calci's data will serve as a powerful complement to CNN's reporting. Lists can more easily surface credible information to their audiences about the real time probabilities of future cultural and political events unquote. In practice, this reporting mixes gambling data and actually reputable or credible pulls in a confusing way, like this recent scene end segment, which cites Calshi odds on whether Trump will send tariff stimulus checks as well as CBS you gov polling data on if tariff's lower prices back to back In the same segment, do.
Speaker 4: They think that the tariffs, that these rebay checks are actually coming? And at this point now no, I mean chance Trump tariff the tariff stimulus checks are sent to Americans by August of twenty twenty six. It's a twenty five percent chance. That's one in four, So that's not nothing. But the American people right now are craving, craving some relief, and at this point it doesn't look like it is coming. Although I will note John Berman, this twenty five percent, it is greater than this six percent who say that terrors decrease prices, or that five percent back in March, which are just you never see one, two, three, four, five percent. So look, twenty five percent eight nothing.
Speaker 3: But at this point it's love.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's interesting the prediction, Marcus think they only one in four chance that will actually happen.
Speaker 2: There is this really what the future of political forecasting is going to be? Maybe, maybe not, but there are four horsemen of this political gambling apocalypse. Nate Silver via his gamification of election predictions based on his time as a professional gambler sports betting, especially since the Supreme Court struck down a federal law banning sports betting outside of Nevada in twenty eighteen, resulting in almost forty states subsequently legalizing some form of sports betting, which has facilitated the cassibility of gambling to grow dramatically across the country in the past ten years through the spread of online sports betting apps. The third horseman is Trump, for the Trump administration through their removal of regulatory hurdles facing prediction markets. And finally that CNN guy Harry Enton, a Nate Silver protege who trailblazed the use of political gambling data in news stories the past year. These four horsemen, Nate Silver, sports betting, Trump, and Harry Enton have created the cultural and political conditions for political gambling to spread. Like wildfire, which, hey is also something you can bet on. During the LA Fires prediction market, users could bet on how many acres would burn. So what is the endgame of this, this gambling apocalypse that seems to be inching its way closer and closer To answer that? Here's a clip from Calshi co founder and CEO Derek Manser.
Speaker 8: The long term vision is to financialize everything and create a tradable asset out of any difference in opinion. We are living in a where like we have an abundance of information, but there's a lot of noise, and like we don't really understand what's really from what's not. And prediction markets are an antidote to that. They do very very good job at distilling information and surfacing truth to people.
Speaker 3: And you're seeing the sort.
Speaker 8: Of massive shift where like people are using them whenever they think about questions about the future, you know, whenever they're debating about anything. And I think that trajectory is going to keep going. That's a new consumer habit that I don't think is going to be undone.
Speaker 2: This is the demon child of crypto and sports betting, This financialization of everything to form a tradable asset out of any difference in opinion, creating new addictive consumer habits. These companies want to apply the logic of smartphone sports betting to everything, where everyone gets to be their own little Nate Silver while carrying around their own digital casino in their pocket, getting addicted to gambling on speculation of world suffering, and CNN is complicit in this. CNN and others have decided to partner with platforms that enable the people who decide when to drop bombs around the world to win millions of dollars by betting money on the choices they themselves are making at the expense of the rest of the world. And these companies think this is a good thing because the betting odds can serve as a potential heads up that something is likely to happen. Simple consumer protections for users, which currently are non existent, are just not enough. Congress needs to be far more involved in regulating online betting, and in the case of political events, it should just be completely banned. It is detrimental to a healthy society. It incentivizes corruption, cruelty, and erodes public trust. Gambling doesn't need to go away entirely, when it should return to being time and location locked, go to Las Vegas like a fucking adult. Currently, there is no existing mechanism for individual states to regulate prediction markets. Only the federal government can, and Trump's federal government certainly seems like it's not going to considering the president's sun works for both of the main platforms Kalshi and poly Market, and while news companies are legitimizing this, these platforms are now working as their own news aggregators, specifically Polymarket's social media account, which is acting as a news aggregation account because that drives traffic back to their website, where people can bet on the news stories that poly market is sharing, even if those news stories are speculative or completely made up. On December fifth, Polymarket posted quote just in suspected J six Pipe Bomber's legal council projected to argue he was included in Trump's pardon of those involved in January sixth quote. This claim subsequently spread all around the parroted by people of a variety of political orientations. But if you read closely, the original post says suspected J six Pipe Bomber's legal council projected to argue he was included in Trump's pardon, Polymarket is just spreading gambling information as if it is news content. Quote unquote projected just means that polymarket users are betting on this. But these projected posts are mixed in with other posts just aggregating the day's news. So unless you are paying super close attention, which rarely people on the Internet are. This becomes a trojan horse of disinformation. When news companies use the term projected on election night, usually that indicates, with pretty clear mathematical certainty, that an event is going to happen. When polymarket uses projected in news tweets, it only indicates that Internet gamblers are swinging around money in an effort to create truth, with once legitimate news companies not just complicit but active participants in this process that isn't for us today at it could happen here, see you on the other side. It could happen here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website coolzonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can now find sources for it could Happen here listed directly in episode descriptions. Thanks for listening.