Speaker 1: One eight hundred d uy away now offering free remote consultations by phone or video conference for any criminal offense. Trust Brook, Jeffrey and Jose's Friends with a free remote consultation from Bradley Johnson Lawyers. Visit one eight hundred douy away dot com or call eight hundred do you y Away.
Speaker 2: If you're a manager at a company and you didn't know someone was playing a prank on you, the last person you'd want to hear from is a woman that I call SBBW, the sun Block Black Widow. Her real names Brooke, but she's hired by companies to lay off hundreds of unsuspecting employees with one caveat. She can only do it during solar eclipses.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh, I know it makes sense to me.
Speaker 2: It's quirky, but that's how she makes a living. Every eight years. You're gonna hear her latest play in your phone tapp right now.
Speaker 4: It's another.
Speaker 3: Hello, get said, We're riding on the internet. Set us free, Hello Virtuality. Hello, Oh hi Charles, Sorry about that, didn't know you answered. I was getting my computer set up with Weefy just sing I'm my favorite song, sketchy.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry Oh silly me.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I'm calling from corporate.
Speaker 2: Hr.
Speaker 3: My name is mona little More.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's nice to meet your.
Speaker 3: Nice to meet you too, Charles. So, I don't know if you realize I was recently hired by the company to make some changes and you're the branch manager of the Northeastern division.
Speaker 4: Right, Yes, I am perfect.
Speaker 3: Perfect. So here's what we're gonna do. I'm gonna fly in next week and you and I are gonna throw a quote solar eclips party for the staff.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, you want to a solar eclipse party.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's gonna be great. We're gonna have like glasses, those fun ones, you know, and popcorn, and then we'll encourage everybody to go outside to see it. And then once they're out there, we lock the doors and disabled their key cards. I don't did you hear me?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No, I did. I heard you?
Speaker 3: Great? Oh great, So you're down with the plan, because here's the thing, Charles, we have to downsize.
Speaker 4: Wait. Wait, you're firing me.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, you you're one of the only ones we're.
Speaker 4: Keeping, one of the only ones.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. Everyone else is gone. Oh my.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, I don't understand what that has anything to do with the Eclipse party or whatever it is, passivity or whatever we're talking about.
Speaker 3: So that's just a way to get them out of the building and then let them know that they no longer have a job.
Speaker 4: You gotta be kidding.
Speaker 3: I'm just terrible with confrontation.
Speaker 4: But your hr you know, isn't that funny?
Speaker 3: It's not always had a hard time with those to face one on one, So I found this much simpler.
Speaker 4: I can okay, I can understand. Conversation can be hard, but that's your job. This is what you do, and.
Speaker 3: It's so efficient when you just do everybody together. My text message too. You know, they'll all get that notification when they're outside tech.
Speaker 4: You can't do this by text, Are you kidding me? You need to have a conversation, an actual conversation, probably face to face. Come on, these are people that I work for. I care about some of these people.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh, don't worry, don't worry. I understand. You think it could come off as insensitive. Is We're gonna include sad face emoji at the end of the text, so oh so they know that we feel bad.
Speaker 4: No, this is not like an emoji situation. Okay, if you're already gonna fly in, have a conversation you're flying into, then text there, you're.
Speaker 3: Right, you're right, I'm flying into help set up the eclipse party. It's really the perfect way to do it. Oh, it's just so depressing to watch people individually leave with the boxes of stuff, you know, from their office. I'm making myself sad just talking about it.
Speaker 4: It's gonna make them sad when you do this. I don't me doing it. It's us, you and me.
Speaker 3: We're a team.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, no, we're not a team on this. This is something that you're doing and you're doing badly. Oh, we're doing this together.
Speaker 3: We'll be at the window waving. No, don't see us.
Speaker 4: I'm not in any window waving to anybody.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right.
Speaker 3: They may not see you because the eclipse or they still have those glasses on. That's a good point.
Speaker 4: No, that's not my point.
Speaker 3: Maybe we can crack a window and you can just yell out working with y'all.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 3: I mean, here's the thing. If we don't lay them off now, we're gonna have to wait another eight years till the next one and.
Speaker 4: Wait another eight years. Wait, wait, wait, hold them, wait another. You can get yourself. Are you trying to line this up with a clutch?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I only do my firings during eclipses.
Speaker 4: That doesn't make sense around.
Speaker 3: The business community. Don't you see me coming go on vacation. You don't want me around.
Speaker 4: I don't understand your tone. You're so happy, you're just like pick at the fact that you're about to ruin everyone's life.
Speaker 3: I really thank you are failing to see the creativity in all of this. I mean, it's pretty brilliant idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, firing people during an eclipse, that's creative to you. Does anyone know about this? I know about this?
Speaker 3: Oh Ty, Yeah, we're gonna let him go to but during the next illuter eclipse because we're gonna shift his hours to night time.
Speaker 4: You're gonna let Tie? Are you letting Ty go? Are you making him worth the night shift? I don't understand what this plan is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said it might confuse you, you know when he emailed us to do this prank phone call on you. Wait, wait, this is actually this is actually brought from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. We're doing tap on you.
Speaker 4: Oh thank god.
Speaker 3: Wait, did you really think we were going to fire people during the eclipse?
Speaker 4: I don't know, said some crazy things before and so I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is a pretty good idea, though, right they literally won't see it coming, you know, because he's gonna be dark.
Speaker 4: No, I needed this thank you wake up.
Speaker 1: Every morning was Potash Weekday mornings on the twenties Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning