Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to Renee all day. I am joined by the one you only may be the best name on the team, mouth Murphy.
Speaker 2: How you doing doing good? Never better?
Speaker 1: Good? Good. So before we get into any like football stuff, I was doing my research because I am quite the journalist. If I know that you're big movie buff, you big movie guy, I mean you better be, because we've got the movie stuff planned.
Speaker 2: Oh really about it? Si, I do, and I do enjoy just watching in different cinemas and whatnot.
Speaker 1: So so we'll take it.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of into it.
Speaker 1: We'll take it. What's your favorite movie?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well, always like the Fast and various movies? Oh okay, because I am kind of well into cars also.
Speaker 1: But so if you're a car guy. Now here we are in the NFL, the money is rolling in. What car are you gonna get?
Speaker 2: Uh? Already bought it?
Speaker 1: Oh you did? What did you get?
Speaker 2: It? Is a ram tru?
Speaker 1: Yes, good for you get that little splurge. Okay, So sticking with the movie, is you like the Fast and Furious movies? What would you say is the best movie of all time? That's a different scope of the films.
Speaker 2: I can't think of the name of it, but it's the movie with Will Smith and his son, Pursuit of Happiness that movie. But what the part that makes me cry is when and when he's in the when he's in the bathroom with his son and sons sleeping, and he just reaches rock bottom and it's like, what are we going to do?
Speaker 1: Were you? Did you watch Fresh Prince as well?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: So watching Fresh Prince, we know that Will Smith, of course is an amazing actor. There's a really great scenes and his dad leaves him and he's like going through all stuff. We have those moments on Fresh Prince, but watching watching him, like especially in Pursuit of Happiness in that scene, the way the tears like well up, oh my god, like cinematic, it's really it gets you, really gets Yeah. Okay, So Openheimer Oppenheimer, Oppenheimer Oppenheimer or Barbie? What are you going to? Have you seen?
Speaker 2: I have not seen yet me neither.
Speaker 1: I've actually not seen either of them, but I feel like I have through social.
Speaker 2: Media a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, just a tiny bit. Okay, So some movie quotes. Let's see if you know what these are. Here we go, it's clover in time?
Speaker 2: Is that Fantastic four.
Speaker 1: Yes, ding ding ding? Can we add music in post? A little ding ding?
Speaker 2: Honey?
Speaker 1: Where's my super suit?
Speaker 2: Oh? Incredible?
Speaker 1: Yes? And in the morning I'm making waffles. Oh sure, yes, I mean you have to get this one. Bueller Mueller, all right, dates you're young, so I could let it.
Speaker 2: I knew it was the older movie. But because I've been saying I've been hearing that quote and saying that quote myself. But I don't know a movie is wrong.
Speaker 1: It's Ferris Bueller. I mean the names in the title. That's why I thought that you would know it is. But to be fair, yeah, it's definitely before your time. You wouldn't have watched it. Ferris Bueller, Okay, And I just can't wait.
Speaker 2: To be king, just can't wait to me that's line King.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it might throw you off if I wasn't singing it. I'm in a glass case of emotion.
Speaker 2: Oh and a glass case of emotion. I don't know that.
Speaker 1: Why have you seen Anchorman?
Speaker 2: Both of them went into thank God.
Speaker 1: I was like, if you haven't, we've got some homework to do. We got to get on it. The Miles Murphy movie. Who's playing you?
Speaker 2: I was about to say maybe maybe Terry Crews, but I guess not. But he like his he might be like two not animated to animated. I'm not a very animated person, but I guess if he is able to tap into that.
Speaker 1: We've got to see his acting, his skills, put them on display. What all you're going to bring to the table. Yeah, all right, Terry Crews, Terry Crews, you're hired. Book it. You've been doing so many interviews. Everybody wants to get in a word with Miles Murphy. What do you hate the most in interviews?
Speaker 2: It was more so during the draft process formal interviews where we had, well, I myself had seventeen team interviews in one night, and in each of those interviews it was tell me about yourself.
Speaker 1: By the end, you're like, I had to tell.
Speaker 2: The same story seventeen times in a row. So yeah, that that that was tiring. But as far as like you know, podcasts is different cheroratic interviews, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a little more loose. Yeah, it's been like, tell me about yourself. That's seventeen times in a row. That's daunting. That's daunting for sure. What stadium are you most excited.
Speaker 2: To go into Sofi Stadium.
Speaker 1: What a beast that thing is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that one. And then the Las Vegas Raiders yead. I don't really I haven't seen too much on it, but I have seen, I guess, pictures of it, and I do want to see that.
Speaker 1: One person, speaking of architecture out in Las Vegas, have you seen that big spiring Oh my god, that thing's amazing. I got to go into Sofi before it was like fully built, Like the seats weren't even in so yet, and just like see the way that that stadium's put together and now like flying over it and you can see the game being like projected into Earth. It's nuts. We're entertaining, the aliens are coming. If you were to create your ideal stadium, what do you want to see in it? How are you going to build it out?
Speaker 2: One? I do want to make the viewer comfortable, so one eide seats for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because.
Speaker 2: I'm about to say it. It's comfortable, I guess for the advertised person. But my family is a yeah, big family, So every time we went to different games, we would all be tied to the point where I'd be like, I'm gonna just go stand up in the standing section.
Speaker 1: Oh that sucks. Yeah, but I mean this has got to be a leg issue as well, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always had to have I always had to have the aisle seats so I could just put my leg out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But that Halo video board for sure, open and closed roof and honestly the biggest, the biggest thing that a lot of people don't think about. Architects think about it. But the way this, the way the stadium is designed to where the sound stays.
Speaker 1: In the stadium huge huge, Yes.
Speaker 2: Like even when it's like people like uh say Penn State, they have one hundred, one hundred plus thousand fans, but they're still not they well they they I must say, they have a lot of people, but it's still very loud. But you don't need one hundred thousand people to make it that loud. If you designed the stadium run, you could have fifty thousand people.
Speaker 1: Points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have fifty thousand people and the sound will just stay in and it will sound like one hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: That's funny because so we work for a wrestling company all the wrestling and we're doing a huge show at Wembley stadium coming up in just a few weeks and my husband's wrestling on and he was like, he was saying that because it's so hard to wrestle those matches because you can't hear anything. You can't hear the reaction because it goes right out the roof. Yeah, good point. How would you keep that in? What would you do?
Speaker 2: Do you know a lot of the b I say, some of the stadiums were in the three hundred section where just goes just straight out like that. Yeah, like no roof, the sound just goes just goes out. So really you honestly, some stadium I know in College Clemson, some some parts of the stadium on the end zone side, it just added a little roof to where the sounds goes up and just reboundce back off and back into the step off.
Speaker 1: That's great. Good call, Miles Murphy. Everybody, he's on the ball. What about your house? What do you want your house to look like? When have you bought You've not bought your house yet? Have you did? You?
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 1: You did?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, what do I I'm building it here, Yeah, I'm building it because of my truck. And let me let me explain what because my my truck, it's a it's lifted. So it's the heights like seven foot two or three.
Speaker 1: You'll never park in a parking garage ever.
Speaker 2: Again, no, I don't plan on doing that. Uh but uh, what about say a lot of the houses that I was looking for that was already built here in Cincinnati, the garage heights are like seven foot seven foot, seven foot. Yeah, So I was like, you know, I'm gonna just have to build a house and put an eight foot garage door. So because of my truck, I'm building a house.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, so what else is going into the house? What other cool features are you gonna add?
Speaker 2: Of course, uh, fire fireplace, A lot of a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: Is they're going to say a fire pole. I was like, oh my god, that's like too many times my husband trusted you that I'm not putting a fire pole in the house.
Speaker 2: Calm down, No, but now fireplace. For sure. A lot of the stuff is being handled by my parents because they customized planning palses, so they've done it before me. I do want I do want my backyard to be kind of like the focal piece, honestly. Okay, So yeah, I do want my back patio to be covered that outdoor kitchen. Yeah, a little bit of everything.
Speaker 1: Honestly, definitely cool, how exciting. I love that. Okay, So what what do you think Game one here's going to feel like for you? What are like the emotions the words kind of swirling around for Game one for you?
Speaker 2: Almost similar to how Game one was for me in college? Uh, you know this very feelings all over the place, this nervous, excited, anxious, butterflies and the stomach. So it football is same deal. Once I get that first contact, all of that's all that's gone and it's just football at that point.
Speaker 1: What was the flight like for you coming over here? You get that, you get the call you're coming to Cincinnati, You take that flight to come here. What was like that brief moment like of just like we're going, bags are packed, time to go meet everybody? What was that flight like?
Speaker 2: Honestly, it was just a surreal experience because I mean I had my whole lot and my whole my my family with me was just fine. We had they It was in a private jet, so that was a private jet. It was not it was not miles, but nah, I enjoyed it was. It was a really nice playing a very you know, experienced, nice, nice pilots. Honestly, I was just laughing most of my way there because my mom she is terrified of terrified of turbulence, so.
Speaker 1: She probably hated the private jet.
Speaker 2: She yeah, it was like yeah in smaller planes, Oh yeah, you feel it a little bit more. Yeah, yeah, but yeah, most of the plane ride, I was laughing because she gets mad at my dad because my dad falls asleep immediately when he sits down on a plane. Yeah, and she's over there nervous, asking for different types of shots and all that.
Speaker 1: She stumble off the plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like my brother, he he falls straight to sleep, and I'm just I'm just sitting there. I'm like, okay, I'm just I'll stay I'll stay with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh poor mom, Okay, draft party at one hundred and seventy five people there? Who were all of these people that were at your party?
Speaker 2: These were literally like friends, families, coaches, like anyone that I've come in contact with these past twenty one years. So uh, it was it was packed, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What was the food at the party?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh would you cater at?
Speaker 2: What do we have I catered everything at the restaurant. Salmon, salmon, catfish, bites, wings, mac and cheese, smashed potatoes. I didn't need any of it. Why Yeah, because I was because I was, you know, I was walking around taking pictures. And when it was talk for me to eat, I made a plate, but I was just so nervous to where all I could eat was one wing and I just put it down.
Speaker 1: Oh that's like such a scary f Yeah, nervous but hungry and I need to like need the energy. Well, I'm glad everybody else got to eat. I heard that you took the call from the bathroom. What's going on in the bathroom?
Speaker 2: I got the call. Well, it was probably like pick twenty six or twenty five when I got the call, and I did have to get up and walk around for a little bit, but I got the call. I got the call probably like a few minutes after I sat down back at the I guess on the stage while I was sitting and that's when that's when I got the call out around twenty six and everyone started screaming whatnot. And then like the NFL were there, the media was there, they were like okay, everyone calmed down com dot com. Now we have to actually wait until pick twenty eight to like show the like I guess, genuine reactions whatnot. So we called everyone on stage and whatnot. And it's ten minutes between each pick, so we had to wait twenty minutes for the Bengal speed there.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, the stress you must have, Like why the time everything was said and done, you might be the last man standing at the party.
Speaker 2: Actually maybe not, it was, uh, I forget exactly what time it might have been, like eleven forty five when I when they when they called my name, and everyone everyone was, you know everyone. I had already ate and had to feed drinks. So yeah, everyone, everyone was feeling good, and you know, once I got my name called, it was like really loud, sporadic for maybe thirty thirty forty minutes. And now that that forty minute mark, it's almost one pm, and it's okay, let's let's hit the bed.
Speaker 1: Now under wrap it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: So I saw that when you got here, you're by the locker, you're checking all the stuff out. You've got your suit on, but the inside of your suit, the lining that had like the story of your life in it. Fascinating. But my big takeaway was you just briefly touched on it, was that there was a picture of you dresses Spider Man on the inside. That's a Spider Man dale.
Speaker 2: So at Clemson we called our the d Line. We called ourselves the Avengers. We're kind of like the spin off of the Power Rangers. Okay, So it was maybe seven or eight of us in there, and I was Spider Man. We had Hulk, Iron Man Thor Captain America, we had, we had the whole Avengers Avenger squad on there, and they just gave me Spider Man because Miles, Miles Morales was you know, the big thing. Okay, yes, so they just say, you know, put two and two together.
Speaker 1: That's you put on that Spider Man suit. Oh yeah, it got to be hard to find Spider Man suit your size.
Speaker 2: That's the well, that's the thing about the picture. They only took it from the front side because if they were.
Speaker 1: To like flip it, oh, it's wide open.
Speaker 2: It like from the top of my head parably, like to the middle of my back was just open unzipped. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so some investments. Your dad's a state farm agent. Your brother dabbles in the investment world as well. Where are we putting the money? Help a girl out? How are we saving? What's the plan?
Speaker 2: Two words? Ask them? Okay, I was I do? They do? Explain it to me where the money is going?
Speaker 1: And you trust them? That's the key. All that trusted team. You know where you're putting it, and you're in like good hands.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's for sure because my daddy he's been doing us for years, and my brother he's really into it. So I trust them.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're saving the money, that's great. We got the truck, the cars being or the house is being built around the truck. Is there anything else that you've splurged on that's not those things that I just mentioned.
Speaker 2: That's it. I'm not I'm not. I'm not a big spender. Honestly.
Speaker 1: I just watch that fancy watch.
Speaker 2: This is a that's the thing. This is an Apple watch. Oh and the watch, yeah, the watch band I think was like twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that. I just dressed it up and make it look a little bit.
Speaker 1: Sometimes that's all you got to do, you know, put a little razzle dazzle on it. Nobody knows the difference you mentioned about going to some of the other football games with your family. I understand that you guys are Falcons season ticket holders.
Speaker 2: We were.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, what are we doing with those tickets? Was your family sad to let them go? They're just happy to be here?
Speaker 2: They were not?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, take that then, Madden? Have you done the scans for Madden yet?
Speaker 2: I did the Madden scans at the what is it the NFL Combine?
Speaker 1: Okay? Have you have you seen it yet?
Speaker 2: I have not seen them.
Speaker 1: Oh are you nervous to see what you look like? A video game for him?
Speaker 2: No, I'm actually excited to see.
Speaker 1: So we were talking before you got in here. I'm in the WWE video game and it does not look like me. It's quite scary. So just just be aware. But they probably did you much better. I'm sure. I hope they must. They they got you, they got all the features, they got you in there to look nice. Will you be playing? Will you play yourself?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You have to write you must. Are you your video game guy?
Speaker 2: I am big time?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What else are your games?
Speaker 2: Uh? Madden two K, Call of Duty, a video game called Rainbow six seeds. Not a lot of people know about that one.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: So it's it's almost like call of duty is five y five five attackers, five defenders and you're just trying to you're trying to diffuse a bomb. And it's a very strategic, slower paced game.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Yeah, really very heady. Okay, so some rookie questions for you? The rookie dinner tab? We're paying? Yeah? R nay?
Speaker 2: Have ic have?
Speaker 1: Is this already happened?
Speaker 2: This hasn't happened yet. They said they're gonna, They're gonna wait sometime in season. It's gonna it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Just rotate around of who's got to pay?
Speaker 2: Tell you because I guess as far as the D line, they do it. We do about positions, and I'm the only drafted D lineman.
Speaker 1: So it's how does it go in terms of being like the do you have to be the last guy to leave the locker room? Is that part of a thing at all?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, that's not That's not a thing anymore.
Speaker 1: Tokay, good, good good. You're asked to DJ the locker room. What are you gonna play if.
Speaker 2: I'm at the DJ the locker room? Depends on the day. Honestly, if it's like a getting ready for game day, I'll go to EStG probably go down that lane by choose one artist. But if it's like a throwback Thursday, I literally have a whole playlist of fifty about fifty to sixty songs eighties, nineties, early two thousands, R and B. Superstitions, superstitions, a lot of them.
Speaker 1: Oh you do I love a good superstition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every splitting polls. Uh. I'm a big whatever you say will come to fruition type of guys. So don't don't speak negative around me.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Uh. Those those are probably the two biggest ones. And then like game day and the day before game day, I do the exact same thing, and everyone has everything has to be in the same spot every day.
Speaker 1: That's a tricky game. How do you what if something's out of place? Is it all stuff that you can control?
Speaker 2: It's everything mostly everything I can control. Okay, yeah for the most part.
Speaker 1: All right, I like this, Okay, really quick, rapid fire. You're a smart guy. We know this. Do you know what your IQ is?
Speaker 2: No? I never took a IQ.
Speaker 1: We should do one. I don't know how accurate they are. But we should line up in IQ test at some point. Favorite color, what favorite day of the week.
Speaker 2: Write a.
Speaker 1: Favorite holiday?
Speaker 2: Christmas?
Speaker 1: Good one, that's Christmas gift you've got?
Speaker 3: Uh oh, that was a birthday gift. I about to say, ps five, that was a birthday sang Christmas.
Speaker 2: Oh my first truck, my first truck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good one. You got for yourself though, Uh yeah, uh huh okay, uh one meal the rest of your life? What's it going to be?
Speaker 2: This is not an act, but it is advertising is maybe the bob was maybe for like a two am snack anyhow. But I was about to say, it's a place, honey, unhibited. They just they just built a spot up here. But the one, the one in Miamis was the one I went to first, Great wings, great Brussels sprouts, and yeah, they just made just built one here probably like a month or two. Okay, is fishing grace?
Speaker 1: That's probably love that love that Okay. What's what's your word for the season? What's your like word to describe this season? Season? One? Rookie year? What Cincinnati Bengals? Your word is?
Speaker 2: That's two words.
Speaker 1: It's okay, we can take two. I'm not going to be a.
Speaker 2: Stick if they just play fast.
Speaker 1: Love it, Miles, Best of luck to you. We're very happy to have you here, super pumped to you this season. Get them and enjoy that track.
Speaker 2: I've been just like.
Speaker 1: Make sure you read what the height limits are everywhere you go.