Speaker 1: All right, welcome to your brand new Second Date Update and Happy Monday. It's up and Jeffrey, you found the Second Date podcast, and I will just say we were shocked to hear a musician be turned down, but it happened. It happened, and he called us for help. You're gonna hear the whole thing in just a second, but let's do some comments.
Speaker 2: Alexis, Oh yeah, I saw one from Blue Jean Auvey, who said, Hey, guys, hate to break it to you, but I've been listening to y'all well before I went to my very first day of preschool, and this year I'll be old enough to dream. Love y'all, Love y'all. Show y'all basically raised me. So I guess I'll bill you for the therapy that is amazing.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much listening.
Speaker 1: Your soul, I mean, and also I apologize for your really terrible childhood that we provided you. Let's get to the Second Date Update.
Speaker 3: Second Date Update. Who is the worst person that could randomly show up and surprise you on your date? Your dad?
Speaker 1: I love it if he ever really loves my dad too. Yeah, yeah, because my day would be.
Speaker 3: Like who Let's go hang on with whom, yeah, happens a lot. Maybe your grandma because she made you a ham sandwich so you'd have enough energy to last the entire night.
Speaker 1: Okay, are so cute?
Speaker 3: Is really old? I don't think she knows which grandchild I am anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Charlie.
Speaker 3: Apparently it got a little awkward for our listener Jack, because he says somebody from his past kind of crashed his date the other night. And Jack, I've not read your email yet, so I'm just gonna assume it was your third grade teacher who gave you a C in handwriting. Miss mccrowsky.
Speaker 4: No, it's even worse than that. Wow, Yeah, my ex showed up to Wait.
Speaker 1: Is it one of those drama things where it's an ex who's been following you around and can't get over you and then just causes all sorts of business. Is that it?
Speaker 4: Well, it hasn't really been before, but it is starting to kind of feel that way after that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, it.
Speaker 3: Was natural, like it just happened kind of thing. I guess we have to hear the story, tell us how it went.
Speaker 4: So I'm a I'm a musician. I played drums in the band.
Speaker 3: Is that have anything to do with the story or is that just a flex you wanted to tell us out there?
Speaker 1: I mean it's a good flex.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, what's the setup? Okay, Okay, it has to do with the story. Okay.
Speaker 1: So where did you meet the girl that you were going to go out with? Not your ex?
Speaker 4: So we've actually been talking through Instagram and I've been chatting with her and seemed like things were starting to feel like there was some chemistry there. So I invited her to the show so she can come watch me play.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I love having a comedy show because girls, it's like, can I come?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I think it's not sold out? Yeah, that's why I invited miss mccrofsky to my concert. Beside, yeah, so that she boosts up that hanwriting grade.
Speaker 1: But you're great handwriting.
Speaker 3: It worked. You're flexing on the wrong women, I know. Sorry, Jack, tell us how it went with you and your concert.
Speaker 4: Well, so before the show started, I was chatting with this girl. Her name is Andrea. We were having a good time, and right before the gig starts and I'm about to go up on stage, my ex walks in.
Speaker 1: This makes more sense though, because it's like a public venue you're obviously going to be playing. I thought she was going to be like crashing your dinner day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like she.
Speaker 3: Didn't know you were going to be there. She knows you're in a band. Yeah, she's doing this on purpose. Your band's probably like advertising it on social media, so it's everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how long ago did you guys break up?
Speaker 4: Well, it's been like a year or so, so it's like new and old.
Speaker 1: So you're shocked to see her then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've like seen her around, but I hadn't really like seen her face to face or anything. And the biggest problem was she was where in the jersey that she stole from me when we broke up.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, this girl's friends need to get her other plans. Yeah, what is she doing?
Speaker 3: Well, clearly I think she knows exactly that she's trying to do her at least, and yeah, clearly he's she's getting into your head. Dude.
Speaker 1: Wait, we're not doing this second date because we're calling your ex?
Speaker 3: Are we?
Speaker 4: Oh no? No?
Speaker 3: Okay, because I was about to feel really bad about talking so much trash. Yeah that's what I'm saying. Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, so at the end of the day, like we got to hang out after the said, me and the girl I've been talking with while I'm trying to talk to you guys about.
Speaker 1: Andrea Andrea that you met on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Thought it was Andrea? Did it wrong? It was and I remembered it?
Speaker 4: No Andrea, All right.
Speaker 1: Oh so that is wrong. He's a drummer, so he's going a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: There's three beats to it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, okay, so you did get someone on one time with her?
Speaker 4: Yeah, before the show we were chatting a little bit, but then afterwards we were going to have our meet and greet where, you know, we just have some fans come around. I spent about fifteen minutes. It took way longer than I'm meant for it to and she ended up telling me she needed a bounce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have fun on a date like that.
Speaker 3: No, it's not fun. I have my experience. The girls do not like to wait around for you.
Speaker 1: But it's not only that you start to feel lame, Like you start to feel like, what am I doing? Why am I by myself while this guy is talking to everybody else. I feel really pathetic right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I mean it just continues to get worse. During the meet and greet, I had to introduce my ex to Andrea what they were.
Speaker 1: Together, Like, wait, did you introduce her as your ex?
Speaker 4: Well, no, but it just sort of came up because they were talking, and it just became a thing where I was trying to pull her away and my ex was sort of being a toxic you know, sort of seeing.
Speaker 1: That I bet your ex just ruined your chances. I mean told her something about you that true or not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean I didn't see them talking a lot, but when I did see them talking, I just try to rush over and pull her away, and.
Speaker 5: Before you know it, it's like, oh, do you guys know each other?
Speaker 4: And I'm not trying to lie on the.
Speaker 3: First day, but at no point after the show, you were never able to get alone time with Andrea and just connect with her.
Speaker 1: Andrea not more than.
Speaker 4: That for her, because she was like I just got to go and she just bounced. And then on top of that all like just to cherry on top, then my ex comes back over and offers to give me my jersey back, and it's bragging about how that's all she's.
Speaker 3: Whare Oh wow, I'm really trying to get back she's just trying to mess with you.
Speaker 1: Do we have to ask did you take the jersey back? Did you hook up with her that night?
Speaker 4: I did not know.
Speaker 3: Night.
Speaker 4: No, that's good.
Speaker 3: Well, let's make this phone call and we'll reassure Andaria that she is one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: How do you say it different every single time?
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, what he said, Andrea almost called her diarrhea. Whatever, We'll call this lady, and we'll try and get you your second date update right after this second date update. You're just joining us, our listener. Jack was on a first date that just kept going from bad to worse to Florida Bad is a good get? First, his ex girlfriend randomly shows up to the concert where his band was performing. She was wearing his jersey, which she stole after their breakup, and ended up speaking to his date. And who knows what she said to her during that interaction.
Speaker 1: I know it was a short interaction, but I bet she got some damage.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, you know yea. Because it's definitely not a good sign that Andrea decided to duck out early for the night.
Speaker 1: I am so glad you practiced her name eighty times before we win it.
Speaker 3: I wrote it out phonetically.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so make sure I got it right. But Jack, you just want to redo, like a start over on your date, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and not at a concert. We're gonna go get drinks or do something a little bit more normal.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 3: Yes, at the bar where your ex bar tend shop where she works.
Speaker 1: Definitely start bartending that night.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean that's what sucks is you were trying to kind of not show off, but like show her something you're really interested in, and then it totally backfired. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just felt like a Murphy's Law night. Everything went wrong too.
Speaker 3: Well. Everybody hits rock bottom at some point, and for a lot of people, that's when you're on this show. So only places up from here. Let's give Andrea call and see if she picks up you ready.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's give it a go out.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hello, Hi is this Andrea?
Speaker 4: Yeah sheep.
Speaker 3: Hey, you're on the radio right now with a show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. Hello.
Speaker 1: Why why I like it? Are you right to the point?
Speaker 3: You sound a little scared, but you don't have to be because this is a segment. It's like a friendly thing. We do call the second date update, and we're trying to help one of our listeners get back in touch with you after you went out the other night.
Speaker 5: Okay, but if I'm not answering, why would I want to talk to them now?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you may not want to. I think it's more that we're trying to figure it out why.
Speaker 3: Because the guy is really confused after your hangout. His name's Jack. You went to his concert, well, and I guess confused. Confused doesn't necessarily the right word. I think he knows the night didn't go perfectly.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, no, it was super awkward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'd love to hear. I mean, your side of.
Speaker 5: It, right, I mean, I don't really know why I tell you that.
Speaker 4: This just seems valid.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, here's what we know from Jack. He says that you were supposed to go to his concert. His ex girlfriend randomly showed up uninvited and basically caused a scene.
Speaker 1: Not a scene, I mean, she introduced herself and.
Speaker 3: That's a scene for a guy.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was definitely a stressful moment for him and like super regrettable. He wishes that he would have done something totally different for your first date.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know it was I was really excited to see his band and see him play, and it just seemed like it got more awkward as the night went on. Like, I don't know he he just seemed really sketched out by the whole thing, but also kind of still polite to her. It was very strange polite.
Speaker 1: I mean, wouldn't he have to be polite? What do you want him to be?
Speaker 2: You don't want to see a man yelling at his ex.
Speaker 3: Respectful women, And I mean he is working at the same time too, Like he has to put on a good face to do the show. He's a rock star. I don't know how polite. It's like he could spit on someone and they'd be like, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 5: Oh he was flirting?
Speaker 3: What flirting?
Speaker 1: Wait, flirting with you his ex?
Speaker 5: Yes, Like he introduced me to her and like it seemed like their vibe was still very flirty.
Speaker 3: Really, are you sure?
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, I don't think that you were overreacting, But is there any way maybe you were being a little sensitive just because of the situation, which you would be understandable.
Speaker 5: I mean maybe, but I don't think so. Like she cornered me in the bathroom and she's like talking about how he's still in love with her. He's wearing his jersey and talking about how he gave this to her at the end of the relationship and then still open a door. I don't know, Like I didn't really know how to respond to her, as.
Speaker 1: I could totally see why you wouldn't want to see him again because of the drama she started, but she sounds unhinged, like that is definitely not not it.
Speaker 5: I mean I was actually thinking that, like maybe she's the wacko. You know, she's got this ulterior motive that wants to get back with him. But this is the worst part in this whole thing, and really what makes me not want to go out with him at all. What she was telling me about his nickname for her and how she can't wait to be his cockatoo or I don't know, some songbird and he was calling me that during our Instagram like, no.
Speaker 1: It's like his babe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's also just weird to give you a name before even meeting you.
Speaker 5: I mean, I thought it was cute because it's a songbird and he totally played it off, but he obviously does that with multiple women.
Speaker 1: I mean, but that doesn't mean that he's a bad guy. It just means that he's uncreer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but before this gets any more awkward, I should just tell you this, Andrea, that Jack is listening on the other line waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: You're joking, right, like he's not really on the phone.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's kind of how this whole thing works. Jack. Are you are you there?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Hey, hi, Andrea?
Speaker 5: Oh why would you embarrass me twice? Like that night was awkward? And now I'm on the radio talking to strangers about you, like this is weird.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, I wanted to apologize for the way that night went, but you wouldn't even answer my calls to let me do that. So obviously my mad Sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the start with the apology Jack, instead.
Speaker 4: Of well that's not obviously. She just showed up, right, and she's telling you things that aren't true.
Speaker 5: And yeah, but she didn't lie about the nickname. You called me that from like our third day of talking and made it seem like it was so special to me. That's like major ick man.
Speaker 4: I mean, but out of all of the cockatiles out there, you are my favorite one.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's gotta feel good.
Speaker 5: I'm not buying it.
Speaker 1: Sweet, Are you buying that he isn't interested in his exo? Does it that part? Do you buy?
Speaker 5: I mean, I totally believe she was a psycho because she was giving me crazy eyes. Honestly, but psychos attracts psycho so it just doesn't give me a good vibe.
Speaker 4: But look, I was listening when she told you that I gave her that jersey. She stole it from me when she broke up with me. I mean, I'm trying to be polite with her because she's crazy. She's gonna key my car and light it on fire if.
Speaker 5: I'm going to keep my car or light it on fire, I don't want to deal with that. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Together, some people could see it as like Jack is such a great boyfriend that it drove her to madness. With how strong and wonderful the relationship is, she's unwilling to lose it.
Speaker 1: Okay, But honestly, though, like there's psychos don't always attract psychos. Like there's people that want to see the best in others and they run past the red flags. I mean, we've all been in relationships with somebody that was some level of crazy.
Speaker 3: Right. We're definitely not just talking about ourselves here, right, No, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Saying like he can't be labeled psycho just because he had a psycho X. That's all I'm saying. I don't think that's fair.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you.
Speaker 5: Well he has bad judgment then, because why would he go out with her? I think he dated like a year with this girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a rock star. He doesn't have time to make great romantic decisions.
Speaker 1: You know, the good psychos aren't psycho at first.
Speaker 3: It's slowly yes, yeah, it's a slow bird psychosis.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't want to go out with him.
Speaker 3: You didn't even give me a chance to offer a free date on us.
Speaker 5: But well that should tell you that I don't really want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're here, I think too, Jack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like that's my out. Guys, maybe you can make like.
Speaker 1: A sad rock drum song out of it, you know, use it as fire for your next game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need a thirty second solo.
Speaker 1: And maybe alert security about your girlfriend.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it sounds like she's still into it. You always have another option, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, at this point, if she just keeps showing up. Maybe I'll just take her back. Who knows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the sign. If you love a bird, you have to let the cockatile fly free and if it comes back to you, that's the sign.
Speaker 1: And cockati is a terrible pet name. Think of something else.
Speaker 3: I kind of agree. You got to work shop that one, Jack.
Speaker 4: I mean, guys, I've got two cockatiles in my life and one's just flown away, and I don't even know if I want to keep the other one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're in a cockatil mess.
Speaker 3: Two cockatiles in the hand is worth one in the bush.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Sometimes you're the statue, sometimes the birds sitting.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You're a rock star. You don't have to kind of problems.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, I'm just gonna get back out there.
Speaker 3: There right to meet girls for show. Looking Jeffrey in the morning. Man, When are we gonna get people on this show that say, you know what, I like the drama?
Speaker 4: I need more.
Speaker 3: Chaos and excitement in my life. Bring the X back for our second date.
Speaker 1: Let's get three x's in here.
Speaker 3: Where are those people? Because everybody these days is so drama avoidant. It just it really messes with our content for the show.
Speaker 1: Like stability. Who wants that?
Speaker 3: You know? This is literally why reality TV dating shows thrive. Yes, we got a rock star and then ten random women, one of them is X.
Speaker 1: How you noticed on those it's all the same people too though, it.
Speaker 3: Really I mean, look, I'm excited for all like the happy stable people out there, but we need drama heavy content to post on our podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, maybe he really will get back with his AX and then there'll be an awkward Tuesday phone call about maybe the Jersey like that. I mean, there's still potential with this guy, That's right.
Speaker 3: We can dream. Hopefully he'll be back to be on our podcast, which is available online wherever you get yours at Brooke and Jeffrey