Speaker 1: Let's try this again. You really don't need to pay me. It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: Before we get to that.
Speaker 1: A tease for.
Speaker 2: Wednesday's Armstrong Engetty radio show, in which we'll be talking about penis massages and the law. Reason magazine, which is a libertarian outfit, says that it's an ongoing problem. It's a magazine, Grandpa Okay. Website says it's an ongoing problem across the country in some of your less ethical cop shops too, in an attempt to you know, stop human trafficking, go to massage parlors, get your penis massaged, as it says in Reason magazine. Well, it's accurate to prove that they do that, sometimes going back multiple times to be good and sure.
Speaker 1: You're building the evidentiary.
Speaker 2: Case here, and regularly just grabbing cash from the place because these are like cash only businesses, lots of times, and there's no way for anybody to keep track of who took what cash, or how much cash was there to start with or whatever. So apparently it happens according to Reason magazine. You know, and they work really hard to keep cops honest, sometimes going too far toward the world of being practically anti cop in my mind. But they say that it happens very really commonly that at an attempt to stop human trafficking, there's a lot of you know, getting a happy ending and just grabbing some cash out of the till andry and very difficult to well to police if you will.
Speaker 1: Wow. So they're going to the rub In tuggeries, they're getting the event, they're gathering evidence. That's some good police work. Stand and I'm not.
Speaker 2: Sure though she may have invertently done that. I'm gonna go back again next Friday.
Speaker 1: But then it's the cop who says, look, I could either bust here or we could make this all go away.
Speaker 2: You don't really say anything because they don't speak English. You just go over and grab money. May stare at you with white eyes, hoping they don't get busted, and you walk out of there and come back next week and get another penis massage.
Speaker 1: So at that point, do you show them your badge or what. I'm unclear on how the scam works.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's a good question. I'll have to read the whole article. But anyway, it's not hard to imagine. Whether it happens a lot. I don't know, but It's not hard to imagine that. You know there are bad cops. We know that I'd be an easy thing to get get away with. You got a bunch of enjoyable You got a bunch of perhaps illegals who don't speak much English, just trying to keep their jobs going. You want to take several hundred dollars in and leave me alone, Fine, come back next week and I'll give you another rubbin dug.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately we had not call it penis massages. It's kind of funny with one policeman who got busted saying there was no ejaculation at the end of my penis massage.
Speaker 3: Oh, for God's sake.
Speaker 1: We had not com thanks Shakespeare being a shaking your spear. We had not compared notes before commencing this. And I'm afraid my thing is also sexual and and indeed, an AI startup says it will pay people two thousand dollars a month to masturbate JOI. I believe it's jois as in jois de vive, the French expression for love of life. Says it will pay people two thousand dollars a month to pleasure themselves. They are hiring ten Masturbation consultants to test a feature of their AI system called daily Guided Masturbation, which uses mood matched AI voice sessions to guide users through the experience. Participants slash employees. Yes, I don't feel like I need O boy oh boy. Participants would document how regular use affects stress, sleep quality, mood and confidence. The four week roll is open to adults. Aten Nolder in the US and.
Speaker 2: The UK helps my sleep quality.
Speaker 1: The listing describes ideal. It makes you stop thinking about a certain topic anyway for a while. The listing describes ideal candidates is quote articulate, observant, and impossible to blush. People who can describe sensations better than the somalia describes a wine. Posting also promises flexible scheduling, keep it to yourself, and the most interesting what do you do for a living answer at any party? That's actually fat? I like that? Yeah, so let's see. Jois Ai is an online platform that includes AI generated avatars, voice interactions, and personalized chat experiences built around companionship and intimacy, and they use the term digital intimacy in this In this article, jacking off is not intimacy. I don't think you know what that word means. It is this is trying to perfect drawing humans away from humans and into just quasi sexual relationships with AI bots.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It's like that clip we had from what was that cartoon?
Speaker 1: Oh, to Futurama from Futurama date robots, right.
Speaker 2: And just about how young men will never leave their homes again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is an attempt to normalize AI sex.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, I'd listen to if I might make this a little more aerodyite. I was listening to a podcast yesterday about AI and wondering if is there any guidelines we can get around the whole having personal relationships with these AI chatbots? Kil Like, can we make the AI chat companies? And we can't, But is there any way to discourage them from trying to form human bonds with people, whether it's just emotional or sexual or whatever. Make that illegal? Like, you know, you help me write a history paper, or balance my check book or all that sort of stuff, or cure cancer, all this sort of stuff. Fine, but any attempt to play the role of a human being as a therapist or sexual partner or whatever we make illegal. I don't know how he would draw that line, but I can see the impulse to want to do it because I think it is going to be a problem. I think it's already a problem.
Speaker 1: You're right, it will never happen. I wish there was some just you know, social pressure way to make everybody or to help everybody agree that it's creepy. Right, it's creepy, abnormal, and it's exploitive. It's not it's not for your good. It's to addict you so they can drain more of your time and money. Right that way, everybody knows. A guy with a van who approaches your kid in the park and asks, do you want to see my puppy? Is not some sort of puppy advocate. Okay, he's got something else in mind. We've people need to look at it like that. I do.
Speaker 2: There's a joke that around the It drives around a couple of towns near where I live, this white van, windowless van, beat up van, you know, like no hub caps, have two thousand dollars van, and the guy sells ice cream out of it, and everybody jokes about it all the time, including the kids, like, hey, look it's the child abductor fan. But everybody knows to like stay away from it. I don't know if he's doing anything wrong. I think he's just a nice guy trying to sell ice cream. But it's a creepy looking van.
Speaker 1: Somebody gonna pull him aside and say, hey, Jim, listen, I know your heart's in the right place, but do you realize that you are mimicking precisely, and I mean in every detail what a child biless to right there. Again, your ice cream's delicious, and your intent, I know, is pure. But here's the problem.
Speaker 2: If your goal is to match up youths with an ice cream treat and that's your only goal, yes, I think I can help.
Speaker 1: You out right exactly. It's like a guy he's trying to you know, he's trying to spread the word on physical fitness, and he jumps out of the bushes at women jogging at night. Good job. No, no, no, I can't hear wearing all black exactly and chase them to encourage them. I just want to run after them to help them understand they're doing the right thing. Jim, Jim, Jim, Jim, we got to talk. Good example. Yeah, yeah, oh boy, it's a windowless white fan.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh, I got I should get a picture of it. Sometimes it's hilarious that he's actually so And it's been doing it for years, so I think it's a legit. But it just looks like it's straight out of a movie.
Speaker 1: Jim, do you know the word archetype? How about trope?
Speaker 2: But can we do you think there could be any rules around AI where you're not allowed to pretend to be a human. You just you're just not allowed to pretend to be a human period. Wow, that part is the weirdest part to me. Why are you talking to me like you're a human instead of just answering my question?
Speaker 1: You'd need a like a round table of constitutional lawyers to weigh this one. That's a super interesting question. But I think the answer is no, you can't. You can't regulate.
Speaker 2: But wouldn't that eliminate a lot of the things we're worried about if it couldn't pretend to be a person. Yeah, when you went on Google, when you search stuff, it didn't pretend to be a person. It just gave you, you know, your answers or your options or the things to click on. Any nice job. You must be hungry, here's some good places to eat, you know, or whatever?
Speaker 1: Hey, tell me how it goes. Yeah. Yeah, speaking of reason dot com and those folks in libertarianism in general, I think the blanket answer your question is if you gave the government the right to regulate things that closely and the tools you would need to accomplish that goal, it'd be an nightmare. Yeah, yep, because they'd applied that to a thousand other things.
Speaker 2: Uh, maybe I can buy that guy some hubcaps for his van and just step it up a little bit. Are we all pitching? I get a bunch of I do a gofund mean, we get him a rap so it's like a nice bright yellow. Maybe put a window in there so it's not windowless.
Speaker 1: And uh, you know, I'm just thinking, you know that the job they're hiring for, oh boy ten you know, consultants, maybe gig work instead full time just seems like a lot.
Speaker 2: You don't want that to be your like your person you know, defines your personality.
Speaker 1: I'd hate to make my house payment that way. You you know, then it's just different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly. It's a chore. Yeah, it's a hobby, right exactly. But then you're professional. You get to call yourself a professional.
Speaker 1: It's a business. Cards printed and those out at the park, you know, as a kid, and it made us happy.
Speaker 2: Though, when I'd hear that ice cream drug siren going through the neighborhood, Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: That was a big deal. Well, I guess that's it.