Speaker 1: What's Up Tribe.
Speaker 2: I'm Erica and I'm Mila, and this is Good.
Speaker 3: Mom's Bad Choices Podcast.
Speaker 4: Beach season two.
Speaker 2: If you joined us for season one, you got three hundred uncensored episodes.
Speaker 1: But things are a little different in twenty twenty four. Not only are we.
Speaker 3: Having new guests, new segments, but we're going outside, y'all. We're getting out of our studio and podcasting in the wild, So make sure you check us out on YouTube to see where we're headed next.
Speaker 2: This podcast is for all the good moms, all the good dads, and even y'all hain't got no kids.
Speaker 1: Pull up.
Speaker 4: Join us in season two.
Speaker 2: As we deep dive into even more uncensored topics like love, sex, dating, and.
Speaker 1: Just look at this as the ultimate group chat.
Speaker 3: All the shit you're afraid to say out loud or even try, We say it and do it for you.
Speaker 4: Because nothing's off limits here.
Speaker 3: This is a judgment free zone to show up exactly as you are, and let's be honest, we've all made a few bad choices, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.
Speaker 1: This bitch is always late.
Speaker 5: M surprised surprise, Happy Valentine today, So cute the same we are.
Speaker 2: I love you, I love you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for says smack my red shreds.
Speaker 4: Did you come on? I am so ready, you're late.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 4: Only the best sold food.
Speaker 1: Gon'd be war for your baby.
Speaker 3: I'm black, Welcome back to good Mom's Bad Choices. I'm Erica, and I'm Nila. Happy fucking Valentine's Day. Happy Valentine's Day, tribe. So if you are listening right now, you might want to check us out on YouTube because we are in the wild again. We are out of the office, and this time we came to Harold and Bell's, which is a black owned restaurant in LA that we love, love, love, And what better way to celebrate Valentine's d than even some motherfucking creole soul food.
Speaker 2: Right. Not only is Valentine's Day, it's Black History Months, so you know you got to get all the black owned good shit and our good friends here at Harolen Bell's. Let us let me come take my wife on Valentine's Day, because you know.
Speaker 4: We like that VIP shit. We in the back and shit. Only the best for my lady.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I know me.
Speaker 3: Look called me and was like, bitch, We're going to dinner and you need to dress up so look cute.
Speaker 1: And I was like, okay, hold on, and you.
Speaker 2: Know, had a little pushback because it's not in the valley. You know, valley girls very very rarely rear over the hill. But when I tempted her with fried chicken and gumbo, she was on the whizzays. So thank you for joining me, my lon What else would I be on Valentine's Day?
Speaker 1: Right with your wife exactly?
Speaker 2: This episode is all about love and friendship and you.
Speaker 4: Know, loving on your friends.
Speaker 2: I think we forget to love on our friends because we love on our niggas.
Speaker 4: We're wasting all the love on the niggas.
Speaker 2: Or bitches, you know, whoever you're romantically involved with.
Speaker 6: But you know, I wanted to remind you how much I love you, and you know, I just treat you real nice and special and do something kind for you so that we can take time to talk without business, without the who well and you know, hang out and hit well.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that, And I think that's it was a beautiful reminder because I think often we do forget like we always are like brunching or like that's your girl day, right, But like when you have a really intentional day where it's like, hey, I want to have one on one time with you, and I want to celebrate our friendship.
Speaker 1: It's like not something that we I think do a lot with our friends.
Speaker 3: Were just like, yeah, bitch, let's just go have some drinks and we'll talk about those niggas over the drinks.
Speaker 1: So we might do that today, but cause we are bases.
Speaker 3: But I just I just love being able to spend time with you because I think in twenty twenty three, so much of our alone time was about business, and I think we're like raining our friendship back in to remind ourselves.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, let's cut the business.
Speaker 3: Talk and let's just talk about, well, how are you doing, how are you feeling?
Speaker 1: Are you happy? Are you good?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I am, I'm happy. I'm good.
Speaker 1: Okay, good.
Speaker 2: I know, but I think it's true not all best friends are also in business with each other, which has been quite the learning curve, but it does require that we do it with intention and remember, yeah, I think most of twenty twenty three, eighty nine percent of our conversations were beginning and ending with business and.
Speaker 4: What we needed to do.
Speaker 2: And I think it's important to just slow down and remember what's important, you know, because business is always going to be there.
Speaker 4: But our friendship requires nurturing.
Speaker 2: You know. We call our friendship an entity because when we met, something otherworldly took place, and so it does require that it's nurtured.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Well.
Speaker 7: Cheers to that, my dear, Oh cheers.
Speaker 4: So you know I wanted to bring you here.
Speaker 2: I drug you all the way from the valley, but I wanted you to meet the owner of this restaurant, Ryan Lego, and tell you a little bit about Haroland Bell's, and tell you all about Harolin Bells because.
Speaker 4: This is a landmark. Hi, Ryan, how's it going good?
Speaker 8: Absolom for you to guys.
Speaker 4: Thank you, yes, yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: Come have a seat with us for a minute. I appreciate you letting you know, letting us come here, bringing my wife.
Speaker 8: I'm glad to have you guys.
Speaker 4: I haven't been here in a little bit.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: It is a very special day. I haven't been here in a long time, but I still to come here.
Speaker 2: When I was a little girl, my dad used to come pull up and bring me, so I know it's been here for a long time.
Speaker 4: Tell us about the restaurant.
Speaker 9: All right, So would you say that's a familiar story? Is generation started in nineteen sixty nine. The area itself, Jefferson Park. This was like the settling round for people coming to California from New Orleans in the forties, fifties and sixties. So my grandparents were part of that migration, so to speak, along with a bunch of their friends and families. And what they wanted was they wanted to play similar to New Orleans where they can come hang out and gather.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 9: It wasn't a restaurant then when it first started, and food was like kind of an afterward. It was really a spot to drink, to play cards, the bad horses, and there was pool tables and jukebox and build the dancers and things like that. So it's definitely evolved over the years. That's how That's how it started, and there's been a family affair ever since.
Speaker 8: This is a year at Universe sixty four.
Speaker 4: Wow, So you inherited this place.
Speaker 9: You know, there was a financial transaction and it wasn't just my parents, they had business partners also, you know, so in the eighties they did a really big expansion, you know, so there was other business partners involved other.
Speaker 8: Than my family.
Speaker 9: So they see want some real est stadiums and business and other things you know of mont it so inherent. I was in the first position to say, but you know, a business deal still had to occur.
Speaker 4: Basically you had to you had to pay too.
Speaker 3: Is there anything on the menu that has been on the menu from like the very beginning?
Speaker 9: Yeah, gumbo, of course, gumbo fried, trim pried catfish, oyster po boys. You know, I don't know if you notice stuff prod in the restaurant. There is the original menu up there right now. We're talking like trimp po boys for seventy five cents.
Speaker 4: Oh damn, A lot of times that changed.
Speaker 2: You were just telling us how the City of Los Angeles just made this area officially what was it.
Speaker 8: The New Orleans Corridor.
Speaker 9: So what that story I just told you is that they made it officials this year by designating.
Speaker 8: Jefferson Boulevard from where we are.
Speaker 9: Jefferson and Tenth Avenue down the Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church, which was everyone's first church, those people moving from New Orleans, very strong Catholic tradition.
Speaker 8: It was everyone's first choice. Or our first church when they moved to La.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize like the culture of like specifically like creole people either, did I it was so strong in La I mean I knew that there was like a migration that happened from the South because of like the like industrialism and stuff in business, like jobs opportunities opening up, but I didn't realize specifically like New Orleans people were you know right here in this area. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I don't know how.
Speaker 9: Distreat in particular ended up being able to have may have had something to do with the church, but yeah, forties, fifties, and sixties they were, they were here and they were coming in ways. My grandfather came post World War two when he was in the Navy, and uh, he had a series of jobs and businesses before starting this. He was kind of like a serial entrepreneur. So he had a Texico franchise down the street. He had a painting business, and he had a bike shop. And this was you know, like the fourth or fifth one that he had. And like I said, this was just like a joint. It was not a restaurant.
Speaker 3: You know. It's still was something that's been like provably in your family obviously everyone eats, but it's it's cooking in the house.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, in New Orleans it's you know, it's it's part life, right, And a lot of times it's men, men doing a lot of the cooking, which is different than other causes. I'm not saying that like the women don't cook either, but I've felt like it's been a larger portion of a little men and the Louisiana household is cookin.
Speaker 2: That's funny that you say that, because my dad cooks in my household, Like in my house growing up, my dad cooked, and even now in my household.
Speaker 4: Like my boyfriend cooks.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I I we get this image that women are always the ones cooking and cleaning, but I haven't really experienced that.
Speaker 4: And I'm just thinking like.
Speaker 2: The influx of just like the migration of how people came in and how food was introduced to America's and like how much we've influenced American cuisine and like just even lies.
Speaker 4: We've been told that women be in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Men have been prominently cooked in that, like you know, in restaurants. And also I think probably after like slavery, and they were.
Speaker 4: Like let me give you a break, let me actually get in here and do some shit. Yeah, you know what I mean. So it's interesting.
Speaker 1: So as Harold your grandfather and Belli your grand.
Speaker 9: Yeah, my dad was also named Herold also but yeah the original rold All. Uh Mary though, who's blind my grandma?
Speaker 1: Oh well, I love the history.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to dig into this food. It looks delicious.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you?
Speaker 8: Uh try and true Uh recipes?
Speaker 1: What would you say? Is like your top? Like what are the people? What do the people think? Things that people always come.
Speaker 9: Back for Dumbo fried, cafish, propheciate you say mm, trimple boys?
Speaker 8: Uh Begnet's and breakfast.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Hym, we're getting the Nye's what fast, bitch?
Speaker 4: I got smoke a blind in the parking lot to make more room.
Speaker 1: What is happening?
Speaker 2: Thank you so so so much. I'm excited to to dig in.
Speaker 8: Welcome, You're welcome. Happy to have you guys.
Speaker 4: It was lovely, This food is lovely.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm so grateful to be in the space, this black owned, family owned landmark space, and here the history is really beautiful.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I think we forget like that Black people in America is relatively recently and just remembered to actually like investigate the history of where you are and how you got there, because honestly, it's so divine, you know when I think about just the divine interventions and meetings of just people intersecting and creating ideas and birthing businesses that you know, withstand the test of time, and they're still here and they're still feeding us, like spiritually and physically, but like even with us, you know, and like how we got to California by way of our parents and Ryan and the things that we've created in this place and the memories we've created and how it's shaped us. I think, as black people shout out to February Black History Month, wherever you live, investigate how your people got there and who you are, and like how the migration of honestly, like African chattel slavery has like migrated and impacted the United States so significantly. I've been watching this show on Netflix, Hog High on the Hog.
Speaker 4: Just so you guys know, I'm a fucking foodie. Like I know, I'm ninety eight pounds, but a.
Speaker 2: Bitch eats a lot and specifically like soul food. I can cook soul food really well, like I really.
Speaker 4: Can throw down. So this is like near and dear to my heart.
Speaker 2: But just how that show really highlights how like African Americans have impacted American cuisines so significantly through the slave you know, that's through slavery, and you know just how we've moved out of that and how we've blossomed because I don't think we really take an account from a day to day basis sometimes just.
Speaker 4: Like oh shit, my grandmother or my great grandmother.
Speaker 2: Just had privileges and they really, like I know, we're figuring out ourselves and figuring out adulthood, but imagine imagine figuring out adulthood and the guys of the Jim Crow or like right after slavery when you haven't been able had access to education and to all these things, you know, and you just pack your shit up and say we're going to California because I heard there's some jobs. Like it'd be a day days long, you know, days and days travel. You've not really just maybe got a car. You know, you may get harassed in between. You can't stay at every hotel. You probably have kids in tow and the fear and then you show up in a new place and you have to like soil, you.
Speaker 4: Know, like you have to like make roots.
Speaker 2: And the beautiful things that we've gotten from the strength and the diligence of our ancestors is some real shit. And I think when we can like hone in on that information and investigate that history, it kind of reminds you, like why the fuck you're here and how important like your purpose is and whatever it is you do and however you contribute, and like Ryan's family started a little jup joint so they could like hang out and chill and kick it, and it's still here, you know, serving us. So I think it's important, you know, especially in this month, especially all year, just to be curious about all the things and like how you ended up where you're at, and like imagine your daddy stayed in Texas, Like but if you were a Texas.
Speaker 4: Baby, who the fuck would you be?
Speaker 2: Or if I was a Philly baby that stayed in Philly, you know, right.
Speaker 3: It Also as you're as you were talking, it was I was thinking about just the grace that we need to extend sometimes to our grandparents, to even our parents, because they are you know, the result of their parenting and and what those not having the opportunity to work on yourself because you're just trying to survive, and how that manifests in how they've parented your parents or how they parented your grandparents, and how that trickles down and then we say, like why.
Speaker 1: The fuck would you treat me this way? How could you do this?
Speaker 3: And it's like we're not really taking into consideration the full scope of the trauma of being black in America.
Speaker 2: It's true, and like the beauty of it is like there's two sides to every point, right, Like there is significant trauma and there is like this this place where it's like I'm surviving and I'm trying to figure it out, and I'm trying to make away from my family and I'm trying to you know, stay safe and stay alive in a place where everybody really is trying to kill me and make me like make me less than and you know how that trauma builds on and how that contributes to your parenting. I was watching a video yesterday about like a football player like basically reading a letter to his parents, you know, just like how he was yelled at in the morning before school and like how he's changing that and his you know, with his kids, and so it's true, like the grace you have to give is like imagine the anger, Imagine the fear, Imagine the frustration and the rage living and existing like I can. I don't even watch certain movies because I'm too emotional, like about a certain period of time unless I'm really mentally prepared for it. So imagine living in it and then still having to be kind to your kids and compassionate and soft and being scared but still having to be brave and being scared, but still moving into neighborhoods where people were literally trying to harass you and getting away with it.
Speaker 4: And also like thinking about.
Speaker 2: Ryan and his great grandparents making this place for play, right, you know, still making a place to like we're gonna have our place, but inside these walls it's and we're gonna we're gonna commune and we're gonna drink and we're gonna dance, and we're gonna celebrate life despite all the bullshit, you know, despite the journey here, and that's really beautiful too, and even like thinking about this place starting here, you know, this new, this this Los Angeles establishing this place this side of town as New Orleans Quarters or whatever, like from here to the church, how deeply spirituality has served in our community and specifically New Orleans is like a witchy but Catholic place, and you know, the the intersection of religion and spiritual spiritualism and how like I think it's coming back. Whereas before it was really scary, everything witchy or everything was very separate.
Speaker 1: There was no there wasn't we weren't allowed to intersect those two things.
Speaker 2: Well because well but I think that's a part of the scheme, the gimmick, right because inevitably, as a Black American, you have your African culture and religion that is probably what we now call label witchy or magic. And then we have this the we have this rigid form of Christianity which was you know, nine times out of ten provided to you by your slave owners. And then we've meshed it and we've covered it in those things, and like just to recoming back to that in general, like as even us you know, on this journey in the last six years, like I don't think I mean, I think I've always been a witch, but I don't know if I was like out loud self proclaiming that I'm a witch five years ago. You know, but this journey has kind of an unheedled like this part of me, and I think it's just a return to our roots.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like I'm not scared of that, Like this is actually my shit.
Speaker 2: But I'd like to give a little toast to our ancestors and to the journey here and our journey here and just the divine, just the divine intervention in our lives that if we honor it can really birth beautiful things that last a really long time.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 4: So speaking of witchy shit, it's.
Speaker 2: Terole time where because we travel with our Chao cards everywhere. Literally, I have my other like may pack in my purse. I always say this, but it's also like a party Oh okay, it's also it's also like a party trick.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, everybody's poor. Do you want to Oh, I'm Mila.
Speaker 1: You want to know my you want to know my?
Speaker 4: Want to have my purse? Can things like cat crawling under the card? I love it? But what better place do you want these cards?
Speaker 1: Sure, we'll take those cards. I need to be in the tack.
Speaker 4: Usually when they usually when they fall out.
Speaker 1: I know I use them.
Speaker 3: We're gonna use off for all five of those cars.
Speaker 10: Those are the cards, and then I'm let you choose one of the fun Okay, okay, hmm, I know it.
Speaker 4: Why'd you know it?
Speaker 1: I'll just knew it.
Speaker 4: There's a eight of sorts, okay, eight of sorts?
Speaker 1: I don't I've pulled this one a few different times.
Speaker 4: This is the season.
Speaker 3: Well, I saw it when it fell and then I when you when you laid them out, I was like, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Get that one. Okay that doesn't know No, No, it's a good one.
Speaker 4: It's not bad.
Speaker 1: Okay. So you see the eight of Sorts shout out to mahogany Taro.
Speaker 3: And if I remember correctly and we can flee, should pull up BDDY because I don't remember everything. But in the Eight of Swords, there's a woman that's h bound and then there's this beautiful castle behind her, and she feels like she doesn't have any options. But all she has to do is untie herself and turn around and she could be free, but she feels like she's stuck in the confines of whatever situation she's in, and she feels like she's stuck. But really it's it's a mind shift, and it's really about shifting your mindset and knowing that you have options.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me read no, Yeah, that's what it says.
Speaker 2: It says negative thoughts, self imposed restriction, imprisonment, victim, mentality. The aid of Swords reveals that you feel trapped and restricted.
Speaker 4: By your circumstances.
Speaker 2: Hmm, it's interesting that we were just talking about the circumstances of growing up black in America. You believe your options are limited with no clear path out. You might be in an unfulfilling job, an abusive relationship, a significant amount of debt, or a situation way out of alignment with your inner being. You are now trapped between a rock and a hard place with no resolution available. However, take note, but the woman in the card is not entirely imprisoned by the aid of Swords around her, and if she wanted to escape, she could.
Speaker 4: She merely needs to move.
Speaker 2: That blindfold and free herself from the self imposed bindings that hold her back. When the aid of Swords appears in Tara reading, it comes as a warning that your thoughts and beliefs are no longer serving you. You may be overthinking things, creating negative patterns, or limiting yourself only considering the worst case scenario. The more you think about the situation, the more you feel stuck and without any options. It is time to get out of your head and let go of those thoughts and beliefs holding you back.
Speaker 4: As you change your thoughts, you change your reality.
Speaker 3: HM that's received and resonate with that.
Speaker 2: It feels sometimes like you can't get out of fucking situations, but it is, It is always.
Speaker 4: There is always a brighter side.
Speaker 2: And like the things that we are usually battling with or that are like suffocating us, are generally.
Speaker 4: Not that serious.
Speaker 3: Yes, but you have to make a choice though, and you act. You have to actively change or work on changing your mind. And that's and that's really uncomfortable. And I think that's why a lot of people get stuck in whatever mind state or whatever state of mind that they're in, because it requires you to actually move against whatever limiting belief system that's been serving you for however long or not serving you. But it requires you to get uncomfortable, and I think that's often the hardest part, and that's why people don't That's why people get stuck and that's why people who continue to I guess, suffer essentially because there's a short term suffering that has to occur in order for the mind shift to happen, and people aren't willing to just.
Speaker 4: Get out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, people aren't willing to get uncomfortable and for it to hurt a little bit. We're such in a society that we're always like numbing ourselves down with all different types of things, whether it's drugs, alcohol, television, distraction relationships. There's a numbing that we've become accustomed to where that's the easier thing. We'd rather do that than actually rip off the band aid and get really uncomfortable for a few months. And that's what I was telling my friend that the other day. I was like, you can just like, if you could just commit to be uncomfortable for six months, it could totally change your fucking life, just to commit to being uncomfortable for six months out of the long ass life that you were about to live and just see what happens.
Speaker 4: The thing about.
Speaker 2: Numbing yourself is that we live in a society that that is the programming you have to actively fight out of not only the numbing, but the misery, like making the misery a part of your story, you know what I mean, Like we actively live your default inner voice is probably negative unless you actively.
Speaker 4: Work out of it. Because everything in our programming, everything.
Speaker 2: In our environment is going to tell you you're not good enough, you're not beautiful enough. It's too difficult, it's too far fetch, it's not possible. Because that's kind of how they want you to feel. Because if everybody knew that they were magic, then we'd all be doing everything we need and that would really benefit the powers that be. And so I think that, like sometimes the numbing starts early because think about it. As a child, you're just like this big you know, like you go, our kids will fucking play out a whole imaginary scene right here and don't give a fuck who's in here.
Speaker 4: But are we going to do that? Probably not?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, yeah, but most people don't have that bravery to do that. And it's it's this revolving door of pain and Buddhism they say, like conflict is conflict is expected, Suffering is optional.
Speaker 4: Suffering is optional.
Speaker 2: We're going to feel whatever the emotion is that is behind whatever obstacle, but for how long and just generally listen to the way you think and pay attention to how you feel, because that's where the numbing comes in, right, because if you don't pay attention to how you feel, then you're just numb.
Speaker 3: And also taking into account, like if we're talking about too, just like the history of our people and like the numbing that we've had to we've had to, we've had to enact in order to survive, and then like trying to unnumb those.
Speaker 1: Parts of you.
Speaker 3: You don't even know our numb because you've never even known what it is to feel in that space anymore. And I think like the beginning of that is really looking at your parents and seeing where are you numbed out?
Speaker 1: Because nine times out of ten, that's also where you are?
Speaker 2: And how have I adopted them?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Because even if you don't fuck with your parents, if you were raised with them, you were inevitably adopting.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: However, they are numbed out, you need to evaluate if that's how you are as well, because nine times out of ten, yeah, probably, or sometimes instead of doing that, we go the total opposite, right, Like we go the total extreme, like our parents totally neglected us, and now like as parents, we are helicopter ass parents over our children because we were so neglected as children.
Speaker 1: So it's like.
Speaker 3: Investigating and then understanding how this is showing up in my life, in my body, in my relationships, and then changing it, and then and then being okay and knowing that the change reply's time, knowing that it requires patience, practice, practice, and pain.
Speaker 1: Pain.
Speaker 4: It's going to be uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I was telling Erica recently, Luna was like doing something and I was like, give me a hug, Come give me a hug, and Orlando was like please, and I was like, shut the fuck up, Like I've just broke this person came out of my pussy, so you need to shut the fuck up about when I'm demanding hugs. And I had told him that later, like I really hate when you do that, because I was like, tantrik speech, tantrik speech. I'm like, sometimes you just need to shut the fuck up, like don't use me on me. But you know, he said to me something that was kind of profound, and I was high when he told me, so maybe it just made me go even deeper. But he was just like, it's not that you know, and I'm not trying to interfere, and maybe I shouldn't do it in that way, but you don't want her to get used to even something that you're requesting and love feel hard or feel demanding. And that's the thing with tantic speech, like it takes a demand and it makes it a request consciously just by being like please, can you please panent me?
Speaker 4: Can you thank you?
Speaker 2: Like and I'd like to say I'm the Queen of finesse, but with people close to me, we forget, you know, like give me that, give me a kiss, do that for me. And so it made me really seep deeply into that statement, and it made me realize, like I generally don't I don't want, I don't like to speak this permanency over my who I am. But I don't really have the tools sometimes to be soft, because that's not how I was spoken to as a.
Speaker 4: Child, you know.
Speaker 2: And so I'm like, yeah, give me a kiss, and it is loving, but this is how I'm asking for it, you know.
Speaker 4: And like just.
Speaker 2: Being honest with myself about how I speak to Luna, even if it's in love, how it feels, what vibration it's giving by the words I'm choosing by not saying please or thank you because I'm feeling like i'm saying something in love. I'm actually asking for what I need, but not asking for it kindly, and it creates this weird environ around the very thing that is loving. And it made me realize like, oh my god, Like this is a big issue for me because this is what I was exposed to. This is literally the only way I know how to express myself. And even for me, like asking for dick, I'm like, give me some dick. I'm like, Wow, I'm not sexy at all.
Speaker 1: You know, there's no sexy.
Speaker 4: Take that out, but I did.
Speaker 2: It's like it was this moment of clarity and I was just like, wow, I have to work on this because I don't want that to be the undertone to all of my relationships with people that I love.
Speaker 4: And that can very much be the case, but it's true.
Speaker 2: I mean, investigate and examine the places our parents came from, even us what we do right now.
Speaker 4: Our parents are like what the fuck are you doing? You know, like, and I'm like this is important.
Speaker 2: They're like, you know, you, whatever the fuck it is you guys, you're doing over there on.
Speaker 4: Stage, barely clothes, cucumbers in people's mouths, with them on all floors.
Speaker 2: I don't get it, and I can see how they can be misconstrued when you come from an environment that you have not where you've had to survive and you've had to protect yourself and you've had to be weary of people.
Speaker 1: So it's so funny, yes, because I feel like.
Speaker 3: Our parents have a hard time, and not even just our parents, parents in general sometimes have a hard time witnessing their children in play as adults, you know, because they didn't get to experience that type of play. And however, they've worked hard because they wanted to provide a life for their children could experience something different, right, And then they are experiencing it, but it's not maybe not exactly how they expected them to experience it.
Speaker 1: And then they're like, what are you doing? Why are you doing that?
Speaker 3: And this is a conversation I've had to have with my moms too, because there was a time where I was traveling a lot and for leisure and she had a problem with it, and I was just like, is it this why you've worked so hard so that I you always complained that your youth well, she traveled a lot before she had me, and then her life.
Speaker 1: Kind of went to shit.
Speaker 3: I did it, But my mom was pretty living a real good life before me. She was dating like cheeks and shit and princes and she needs.
Speaker 1: To write her own book about all that.
Speaker 3: And then she met a football player and he fucking downgradr downgraded her from her Saudi raping lifestyle.
Speaker 4: The athletes, guys.
Speaker 3: But you know, when she had me, like, she sacrificed a lot. She didn't get to enjoy herself. She didn't get to travel for leisure. And she's worked incredibly hard to build a lifestyle for her family and her children so that they don't have to do that, you know. And so I had to remind her of that. I was like, first of all, Mom, this is my money. Second of all, Mom, didn't you work really hard so that we could experience and not have to suffer and not have to stay put because we have to do because we have to put our heads down and work hard. And granted, I'm gonna do that anyway. I'm doing that anyway. I'm of you. I'm a hard ass working bitch because of you. But I had to remind her of that. And she didn't even know what to say to me. She was just like and I was like.
Speaker 4: Got me there be med.
Speaker 3: And it's funny because I the more I talk to other women and they have the same thing to say about their parents as well. There's a judgment around, like what type of what you seek as pleasure, what you seek as joy, what you seek is fun and the time, it's like a time limit to how much energy you can put into those things, Like that's a little too much.
Speaker 1: You're going a little too hard with the joy over there.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is, and I say this all the time, and I've said this, it's joy and leisure like ease is a foreign concept to black people, to immigrants, to children of immigrants.
Speaker 4: It is literally a foreign concept.
Speaker 11: And because we're children of those people, we existed in their bodies before we existed in these bodies, and so we have inherited those feelings for protection.
Speaker 4: That is biologically, that's how we are made. If something, if you have lived in a.
Speaker 2: Life where you would be murdered for too loud play joy, and so your kids are born with the instincts to know you don't go too hard in play. And so I've realized like fighting for safety, fighting to feel safe, fighting to regulate my nervous system, fighting.
Speaker 4: To be aware of.
Speaker 2: When the guilt of play comes up, because this is how I've been programmed, and how my parents have been programmed, and how their parents have been programmed, and that actually playing is releasing generational curses. Playing is healing, it's healing generational.
Speaker 4: Wounds, because these are the things that.
Speaker 2: Are ancestors did not get the opportunity to plan and play doesn't look like this or like that.
Speaker 4: It looks like how the fuck it looks for you, because only you can deem what's fun for you.
Speaker 2: And like even with Orlando, it is so happy all the time and has like so much joy and so many ideas, and sometimes I'm like working and I'm like, shut the fuck up, it's too much right now, Like I need to schedule your joy and I need to schedule your ideas because I don't have time for your ideas right now.
Speaker 4: And I didn't like that one, so now I'm definitely can't hear you.
Speaker 2: But it's it's made me work on myself because I'm like, I'm showing up as a bitch. And there was times as a kid I saw my mom show up, which I thought was a bitch, and I was like, what the fuck is her problem? And only because I had those conscious thoughts, can I apply them now? And even in love, like I'm in a very healthy, loving relationship, and still like the first year, I was just like waiting for him to fuck it up because I don't feel safe being I didn't feel normal being normal, like we all work to have these normal lives and be able to play and be able to travel and have kids and do this thing and be in love and like be cheesy, and then you get there and you're like, something's wrong here.
Speaker 4: It doesn't feel right.
Speaker 2: And I'm investigating this because nigga, you're about to fuck up.
Speaker 4: But no, bitch, this is this is what the white people are doing. This is this is the happily ever ever, happily ever after. This is what it feels like. And I really had to be like, oh, this is what's fun. Oh yeah, I don't need to stress out. Masks does not come to get me. But you know, and even with Luna, like I don't like kid noises, I'm like, bitch, you had a kid and you want her to be happy. And I'm like, God, this is so noisy your happiness.
Speaker 2: But then sometimes she's in the other room on the FaceTime, like an old cackling lady, like what the fuck is so funny, and I'm happy to hear her joy, and it reminds me.
Speaker 4: It's like, bring back that childlike joy.
Speaker 2: Whatever you're stressed about, whatever adult shit that's so important, the fucking email or the fucking mark from fucking on brand and not sending your shit on time, It's fine.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's just like, be present in the moment and enjoy it. And I've just realized, like the practice of pleasure is so important, and I'm really grateful that we get this space and this opportunity to remind ourselves, to remind each other to play, and also to just like check ourselves, because I really feel like, even if our parents think our jobs are stupid, it's important for us to play so that our people see us play and remind them that you should be in love. You deserve to be in these epic romantic loves. You deserve to have fun, You deserve to cart wheel.
Speaker 4: You deserve to dance with your titties. App without no nigga's opinions because you're you've.
Speaker 2: Worked for this, being born and being existing as black and brown people, existing in this form today right now is enough to be feel liberated and at ease and whatever play you choose, because sexually, platonically, whatever it is, because these are the dreams of our ancestors. It was my Mela rant for the day.
Speaker 1: Amen, speaking of pleasure, Is it time to smoke a blood? Is it smoke?
Speaker 4: Breakup time?
Speaker 1: A lot of time, smoke a lot of time.
Speaker 4: But we have more food coming, so it's definitely. You know, nigga's got a smokeing eat.
Speaker 1: So that I could open up.
Speaker 4: A nigga diet. Niggas would be like smoke a blamp before you eat more.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And we got meals and we got.
Speaker 1: Got more ship coming, So I think it's time for smoking. Clock.
Speaker 3: I hope you let up with us and smoked a good, nice blunt with us during our smoke break.
Speaker 1: If not, what the are you doing?
Speaker 4: I love the afternoon smoke break, dear.
Speaker 3: So in the spirit of our talk, today's affirmation is fuck the fear, do it for your ancestors.
Speaker 4: Fuck the fear, do it for your ancestors. So I guess that's not like a song. Fluck the feet do it for your ancest.
Speaker 1: Fuck the feet do it for your answers.
Speaker 4: The feet do it for your ancest. Fuck the feet do it for your ass back back like I wanted.
Speaker 1: To bend over.
Speaker 4: I'm like, God, I got them. I got the private section for.
Speaker 1: You, so I mean I could. I got the way ready.
Speaker 4: This is a remix. Fuck the feet do it for your ass. Fuck the feet do it for you. This is like what's the girl from the name and the one?
Speaker 1: Wait? What's your name? Big?
Speaker 4: Fuck the fee do it for your ans is fun? Do it for your answer? Yeah, we need to call her. Hey, Big Freeda go we gotta sound. We could feel it right here. We can feel it right here in New Orleans, LA.
Speaker 2: Whoever knows Big Freda, tell her to call us because we got to motherfucking hit.
Speaker 1: I know nobody asked for that, but you're welcome.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter, doesn't matter, you get it anyway. Everyone just listening.
Speaker 2: You need to tune into YouTube because Erica just backs it up in a tight velvet dress in the in the middle of the restaurant.
Speaker 4: Totally necessary. I like that one. I fear do it for your ancestors. Every time you question yourself, question should you?
Speaker 1: Could you?
Speaker 4: Is it too much? Nothing's too much, Honya.
Speaker 3: Just imagine your ancestors wishing they could do half the ship that you're doing right the fuck now, literally just walking down the street in freedom.
Speaker 2: Without the gaze of white folks. Sorry, I watched it a segregation movie recently, going.
Speaker 3: To the bathroom in fucking peace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I watched good God's so funny. My daughter is she's learning about she learns about I'm okay every year.
Speaker 3: But she asked me at the end of the day, She's like, Mommy, do you know who Rosa Parks is?
Speaker 1: And I was like, of course, I had Rosa parts is. And she's like, is she alive? I was like, no, she was, She's not alive.
Speaker 3: And then I thought to myself, this is a very crucial learning moment that I can enact on her and not be for the.
Speaker 1: Reasons you think.
Speaker 3: Because my daughter is a rule follower, right, Like she's a stickler of a following, this is a.
Speaker 4: Time to tell her if not, yeah, she is.
Speaker 1: A stickler for followers. I was like, so, honey, like you've been learning about Rosa Parks. I'm like, so what did she do? She was like, she sat somewhere she wasn't supposed to sit. And I was like, and what happened? She was like things changed for us.
Speaker 4: And I was like yeah.
Speaker 3: And I was like, you know, I know that you really love to follow rules, but just imagine if Rosa Parks never sat in the front of the bus.
Speaker 1: Just imagine what would have happened.
Speaker 3: And I was like, and this is a good example of sometimes we have to say fuck those rules and go against the rules to.
Speaker 1: Make the change that you want to make. And she was like okay, And.
Speaker 3: I was like, gosh, she's hearing me, like hearing me because I want to park in the fucking wred.
Speaker 1: Shut the fuck up.
Speaker 4: These are pervotal moments in our kids' lives.
Speaker 2: I mean, even for you listening, I think we all here heard that story all one through fifth grade or whatever.
Speaker 4: The fuck.
Speaker 2: They never stop telling it because there's no other important marks in fucking black history.
Speaker 4: But that's a joke if there are.
Speaker 2: But yeah, sometimes following the rules is not what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 4: In fact, people who follow the rules make no change.
Speaker 2: So for everybody in our comments talking fucking shit for our parents, anybody else has anything else to say about what the fuck we're doing. No change comes from well behaved women. So when we're loud, when we're rowdy, when we're doing whatever the fuck we want, it's because we have an agenda, and that agenda is to free the people in their minds.
Speaker 1: Wait.
Speaker 3: I have one other random fact, and this is actually this could be for today's years old. And I learned this because when I was telling my daughter this, then that night we went to dinner with my cousin and she was I reasked her who Rosa Parks was, and if she knew how old she would be right, like be at this current age, I think she'd be like, I think it was like one hundred and ten or something, one hundred and nine.
Speaker 4: Rosa just died.
Speaker 1: No, she died like fifteen, ten years ago.
Speaker 4: No, she did look it up.
Speaker 1: She did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess I reads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, since we've been like recently ten years ago.
Speaker 4: Okay, child, is you are twenty five?
Speaker 1: No, bitch, that was recently twenty five, two thousand and five.
Speaker 2: So ye, she died even longer ago than that today, that nineteen years ago, bitch, five.
Speaker 4: Was just around the corner. I was just in eleventh grade.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Anyway, my cousin was telling me that she used to write letters to Rosa Parks and she would write her back.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, that's so cool, I know, And she said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she wrote me back many times then when I was a kid, because.
Speaker 1: I will Yeah, yeah, put the fuck because I was right.
Speaker 4: I never writing I don't know.
Speaker 1: But then she said, do you know that this is a fun fact about Rosa Parks.
Speaker 3: Did you know that the owner of Little Caesar's paid her rent for like the last from twenty five years from like she was like homeless. Basically, he got her an apartment and paid her rent for ten years. She didn't even know it was him that was paying it, and then eventually she found out and he paid her rent for the duration of her life.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yeah, it's got chows. I don't even know who mister Little Caesar is.
Speaker 1: He's worth six billion dollars and he's also dead.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine doing all you have done for history? You've been in every motherfucking history book and been ending homeless. Can you imagine them writing you up in every history book and these motherfucker the word I want to say is probably these motherfucking crackers got you out here homeless, but they've used you and you're liking to paint this piece.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are your pictures in every classroom.
Speaker 2: Fucking classroom, but you can't even afford to live in this bitch.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, little mister, little Caesar.
Speaker 1: Mister Caesar, mister Caesar.
Speaker 2: You know what, it's just a reminder to do something kind for somebody, whether they know it or not.
Speaker 4: Right, But it's like, how do you like? He was somewhere like, where's this woman at? I need to pick her rent?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's nothing, It's like nothing to him.
Speaker 3: And just imagine how many legends, how many people that have impacted our society that are like down and out that it would be absolutely nothing for someone to come in and just fucking save their life a little bit.
Speaker 2: Speaking of this, I'm gonna go dark because I have no choice my darkness. Did you know that the five richest men in the world, there's only five. The five richest men in the world have doubled their wealth since twenty twenty COVID.
Speaker 4: I know, but it's only been four years.
Speaker 12: You're the fucking fifth five richest niggas in the world, and you've doubled that wealth since fucking COVID, you bitch ass niggas. People are fucking starving, and then the government is getting all this money to kill people in other countries, but you fucking five bucks.
Speaker 4: You can't even spend.
Speaker 2: First of all, four out of three, out of five of them are fucking about to die anyway if they haven't stolen eleven hundred black people's organs.
Speaker 4: But we're gonna get shut down for that.
Speaker 2: But you haven't doubled your wealth while the rest of the world, like you could literally.
Speaker 4: Give that back and be perfectly fucking fine.
Speaker 2: And three of you niggas are about to die any second now, so really, you need to just let it go. I can't imagine having access to that much money, you can't even have that much luxury, and then still being like fuck the poors.
Speaker 4: Wild.
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine getting that much wealth and still having hate in my heart.
Speaker 4: It's wild, Like, what do you have to hate?
Speaker 7: You rich?
Speaker 4: You might as well as give it out. I'm gonna go to all the poor countries take a sack. I don't know, it's just so why.
Speaker 1: They might not be hateful, they might be some happy old white men.
Speaker 9: M M.
Speaker 4: I saw them.
Speaker 2: None of them are happy, none of them are getting They're not getting fucked sucked.
Speaker 3: They're they're definitely getting sucked and sucks. They had gotten fucked in such a lot in their life because they've paid for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's not love.
Speaker 2: That isn't that that that that vibrates different those little penises.
Speaker 4: They don't look happy. No, I saw them. Anyway, back to a regularly scheduled love program. Okay, you're not a black panther that you guys know. My middle name is Asada. I'm kind, but deep down I have reach. Anyway, I've written you a love letter. I wrote you one too, okay, in the in the in the spirit of love and friendship.
Speaker 2: We've written each other letters because that's how cheesy we are cheesy.
Speaker 3: And also I want you guys to consider writing a love letter to your friends, because I think it's really important and it was really I mean, I wrote you a love letter in our book as well.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah you did?
Speaker 1: Did I read that? You should? You never read it?
Speaker 2: I don't you know, honestly, confession, I don't know if I've read our book.
Speaker 4: To bat, have you?
Speaker 1: I mean in the process of writing it.
Speaker 2: I have, Yeah, but that's when we're like in Costa Rica, two days before a retreat looking for spy.
Speaker 1: I think I'm on like chapter three on Autio.
Speaker 2: Really wow, I never even downloaded it. I don't want to hear my own voice.
Speaker 1: Why bitch, pay us? What the fun? Give me that? Give us the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess I do have a love letter to you too. Did I need to read that book? Okay? So I'm an analogue girl. So I wrote my own paper.
Speaker 7: Write it?
Speaker 1: Wow? Three page? What is the three pages.
Speaker 4: I'm spend taking a full page?
Speaker 2: Let up and not mclosed with the kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, gonna make it comfortable. Okay, this is so cheesy.
Speaker 4: Wow, she's up your friends. It's very important. My sister, my bestie, my wife, my soulmate.
Speaker 2: I had no idea this life changing love and friendship was on its way. I truly had no idea I could experience love like this in adulthood. You have truly been my mirror because of the love strength drive you exude, you showed.
Speaker 4: Me my own power.
Speaker 2: This love was so unexpected, yet so intentional and divine. Experiencing your love allowed me to drop guards I hadn't even realized I had up Erica.
Speaker 4: You're beautiful, wild, emotional.
Speaker 2: Strong, moody, resilient, driven, poised, powerful, gentle, funny, silly and fun.
Speaker 4: The amount of memories we share are endless.
Speaker 2: We have We have such a good range, from the morning you drove me to planned parenthood at five am when we first started, to that night you showed up at my apartment and shambles over new news to Coachella's Goddess self, coins named Goddess, experiences, tours, tor shenanigans.
Speaker 4: Late nights, uh late nights in.
Speaker 2: Your dining room, new boyfriends, breakups, arguments over boobs and boys, to signing six figure contracts. I could honestly go on for hours, but the point is I could not imagine this.
Speaker 4: Life without you. I love you so deeply.
Speaker 2: This covenant, this entity is unbreakable and divine. Sharing and friendship, business, motherhood and growth with you has been an honor, And I know God sent us each other to shake shit up and make shit happen. No matter where life takes us, I will always be here for you, to love on you, to cry with you, to fight with you.
Speaker 4: If I that means not with you but with your mother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be gross.
Speaker 2: If I ever, if I ever make you feel unappreciated or unloved by me, always know that's cap Oh okay, yeah like that.
Speaker 4: At my core, you are truly a piece of me.
Speaker 1: I love you too. Thank you.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: I am not an analog girl. I am actually, but this was easier in my phone.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Erica fucking text me last night like, don't forget to write my love letter, and I was like, okay.
Speaker 4: And then this morning I was like, fuck, I forgot. I never forget and schedule it. So I intentionally ubered here so that I could write it. And then she got here, She's like, you didn't already. I said, bitch, you reminded me.
Speaker 1: I wasn't. I didn't uber I was driving.
Speaker 4: You didn't take your own mind.
Speaker 3: I thought maybe I was going to do it on the whim, you know how like people when they accept their accepted space and then they dried it on the wind, and then they fuck it up and then they're mad.
Speaker 1: Because they should have said thousand thank you. But then I said, no, let me write this shit down.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jamila, God knew I needed this friendship and the sisterhood. Back when I stopped you on Instagram in twenty fifteen. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined that we would have created a relationship that has not only comforted me in my darkest hours, but blossomed and expanded my life in ways I didn't even think possible. The moment I saw you, you were a mirror to me, a mirror to the things that I deny to myself, and also a mirror in the similar similarities that we share and I had been searching for in a friend.
Speaker 1: Our friendship has shown me. Our friendship has shown me how crucial.
Speaker 3: It is for women to have at least one woman in their life that they love just as much as the person they choose to share their body, time, and heart with. You have protected me more than any man has. You have championed me more than my family members have. You have been patient with me like a mother is patient to her child. You have shown me that you love me over and over, even when you think you haven't cause you think you're not.
Speaker 1: Good at that part.
Speaker 3: You have been a shoulder to cry on and a person I call to share all my good and bad choices with, just like people choose to spend their life with someone and see no end in sight of their love. I see no insight, no end in sight for ours. I'm committed to this friendship for life, and even when we have children or get married. Just know you'll always be my wife and I'll always be here for you, no matter how dark or light it gets. You are my soulmate, and God did her mother fucking thing when she summoned us together. I want nothing more than for you to be successful in all your devil endeavors with me and outside of me. I want you to continue to experience juicy sex, soul filling love in all your relationships, and to share your magic everywhere you go, to be exactly as you are.
Speaker 1: Titties over sharing it all. Thank you for sharing your love and life with me. Happy Valentine's Day, my love cheers to many more.
Speaker 4: Oh, Happy Valentine Day.
Speaker 1: I M.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm an emotional bite.
Speaker 1: I kind.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to hold it together cause I don't know if this water is and this mascara is waterproof.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: I think it looks like it's holding up.
Speaker 1: I told you, I googled it. I googled the mascar I don't think I looked up waterproof.
Speaker 4: Do you research the shit out of this? Mascar?
Speaker 1: You know my researching? Yes, bitch?
Speaker 4: Wait is my makeup fucked up?
Speaker 2: Now? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Just we'll just dry a little hair. Okay.
Speaker 3: Wait, speaking of research, because I did do some research and I wanted to share some fa facts about why it's so important for women to have friends and why this relationship in particular has been so healing, has been so like ben official to my health overall in general.
Speaker 1: Because I was really curious.
Speaker 3: I was like, what is like, what are the stats around like female friendships? And it was so interesting the things that I found.
Speaker 4: What did you find?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 3: I found that so it says how long does the average female friendship last? Recent research actually tells us that the average female friendship lasts sixteen years, which is six years longer than.
Speaker 1: The average romantic relationship.
Speaker 3: If a friendship lasts longer than seven years, psychologists say it will last a lifetime.
Speaker 4: We're nine years in so rewards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, done, it's done.
Speaker 3: And then there's this apparently there's this like I don't know, this rule around friendship.
Speaker 1: It's the eighty twenty Rule of friendship.
Speaker 3: It says eighty percent of eighty percent of the value of your friendships will come from twenty percent of your friends. For example, you might have ten casual friends, but probably only two or three are dark hour friends, like the person to recall in the dark darkness of your hour. These friends will support you through tough times and stay with you without any selfish benefit. And I was thinking about that, and I was thinking about, like how many women in general think they have an eighty percentage of friends Like that really would be there, but then things happen, like, for example, you have a child, right, Like there's so many women that encounter this when you have a kid, and you're like, where the fuck are all my friends? And you realize, like your friend group gets substantially smaller when you have these we have these rights of passage in your life, whether that's in death, whether that's in birth, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: When you need that support.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I think a lot more women need to really take inventory of like their friends, like do.
Speaker 1: You have an eighty twenty do you even have twenty? You know?
Speaker 2: I think the fucked up part about this because like when I as you talk about this. I'm thinking about particular time in my life where I have some friends that I've known my whole life and that I've just like gone to in certain situations and they did not show up in the way I thought that they would, and like how deeply devastating that was for me, Like my cancer, I feck and.
Speaker 4: Self can't take it.
Speaker 2: But I think when I met you, or when we started to start this and like rekindle this friendship, I was in a place that I.
Speaker 4: Didn't realize, like I really was like not fuck bitches, because I'm really a girl's girl, but.
Speaker 2: I was in need of like a friendship, that dark hour of friendship in a way that I thought I had and I did it, and it was it was like I was in a time where I had lost I was not.
Speaker 4: In my relationship with my baby daddy that I'd been with.
Speaker 2: For years, and I was going through really hard times and the people I thought that were going to really show up for me did not and it was difficult. And then when I found you, I was like I I didn't think that there was a time where I could find a friend of this depth.
Speaker 4: This age, at this age, these are the friends I got. This is what I got. This is why I got to deal with these bitches. I'm like, they're got my nerves. I don't have no choice if I have no friends.
Speaker 2: So I think there are times like where you showed up for me and I was like, oh shit, like this is different than that, and I can I can release that part of me that doesn't expect that love or doesn't you know, want to count on a person to show up in their darkest hour. But I think that was one of the things that was extremely shifting for a relationship because I think when you start or an adult friendship.
Speaker 4: It is with caution, you know, like who is this bitch? Who are you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: What do you really want?
Speaker 2: You know, the same people, yeah, like do you know okay? But when you started to show up for me, you know, because inevitably it doesn't start that way, but when things start real, shit started to happen and.
Speaker 4: You continued continue to be there.
Speaker 2: Like I got an abortion the first year that the fucking show started, and it was with the nigga across country. I didn't have no business having a baby with And thank god, my inner witch said bitch s shitsh morshin for real and Erica took me to play Para hairt like five am. I wrote about this in the book, with fucking Iry in the backseat, and I was like looked over, like this pitch is really my friend, and there was no judgment, there was no questions, and like I was like, you could just let you could just let me out here, and You're like, no, I'm gonna come in.
Speaker 4: And I was like, okay, I just leave you there.
Speaker 2: And the lobby like I'm fucking fifteen, and the fucking playing parahead. But I didn't even if though I wanted to get out of the car and deal with it myself.
Speaker 4: You didn't let me. And I needed that, you know.
Speaker 1: I really needed.
Speaker 2: Someone to be like, even if you don't ask for it, so emotional, even if you don't ask for it, I'm gonna be here, you know.
Speaker 4: And I think that's the difference. I think as women, especially as Black.
Speaker 2: Women, you've and so strong and you've dealt with shit by yourself.
Speaker 4: It's like I got this.
Speaker 2: But when someone is like you got it, but I'm here still, those are the shifting points. And I think because we are so strong, because we deal with shit so often alone or we're programmed in this like hyper independence that we don't expect it and so when we don't know how to receive it. And so I think this relationship has really allowed me to take inventory of that and then receive it and then also be like, you can do it, but you don't have to, you know. And those are the type of friendships I think that are divine and that are you know, life changing, And this has been a life changing relationship.
Speaker 4: And we've come up on some magical fucking I don't know, like I don't know what the fuck, I'm a bird, I'm like fucking gem, you know, some treasure that has has like.
Speaker 2: Allowed us to rebirth in this phoenix M S E with each other, you know. And I think that women really have the the ability to do that for each other, right, we are so magical we birth people. And so when we bring that magic and you know that co creation, that sex energy without the sex, you guys, you know that creative energy, then something really magical and powerful can be exchanged and be created. And I think we are a living proof of that, you know. And s like literally cook some shit up in the kitchen and here we are.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that eighty twenty. Shit is real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it is too. And I think about just.
Speaker 3: Even my friends outside, like my friends outside of this are also your friends outside of this.
Speaker 1: But I even I even.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm like, damn, I'm blessed because it's I got like it's more like forty sixty uh for me, Like I have a very solid, beautiful group of friends that I know that I can rely on for different things and and also everything too at the same time, like I know which friend is am is maybe more gifted in supporting me in this way or that way or this way, but ultimately, each and every one of them, the ones I really choose to call my friends and sisters, are going to to show up for me no matter what. Absolutely, you know. And I realize how I know how where that is, I know how how isolating it is, and I know that because of so many people that well, I know because myself, I mean, I've I've I've always had a a s a group of friends.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't until I had.
Speaker 3: My daughter that I realized I didn't have I was more leaning on like the ten ninety and and then just within this work and talking to so many women and then beying like I ain't got nobody, Like I don't even know where to begin, and so I think, like, uh, what the beauty full thing that our entity has created has been this birthing of a community where women who don't have friends can find each other. And it does require you to get uncomfortable. It does require and you go out on a limb. It may not be like seamless. You may not just find your bestie walking down the street and that's your fucking storyline.
Speaker 1: Like, no, you might have to really nurture that relationship. And that brings me to my last statistic.
Speaker 4: Kind of statistic queen.
Speaker 3: It takes about eleven different encounters that are that are each three hours long over a period of six months to turn an acquaintance into a real friend.
Speaker 4: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: I think by the time, like between March and shit August, it's just when like I got that abortion. We when we started the podcast, we probably had not spent three hours consecutively together, do you think so that first episode.
Speaker 4: Was probably the beginning, the beginning of us spending.
Speaker 2: That may have been our second time spending three hours together. In the first two were photo shooting in a shopping.
Speaker 1: I'm not joking like that.
Speaker 2: I'm probably the one time I went to the club, but that doesn't count when we're talking, right, But honestly, you know, though, like this this exact space.
Speaker 4: You know, obviously not physically here.
Speaker 2: But good Mom's bad choices were the three hour conversations over a six month period that took our relationship from zero to best friends quickly. And you know, I have other friends who just like started texting me a lot their business and I was like, oh, okay, I guess for friends.
Speaker 4: You know, and I'm that type of bitch.
Speaker 2: But I realized that women have a hard time being vulnerable, and women have a hard time like I think, you know, I say for black women a lot because I'm a black woman.
Speaker 4: It's all I know, it's the only experience I have.
Speaker 2: But we've also been very much conditioned to like, don't tell your business and to show up a certain way and too like our shit has to be together, you know what I mean. And there's been times in our relationship where, like I knew we were dealing in different realms, but I still felt comfortable enough to tell you, like my car got repossessed in front of Erica's house, and I was embarrassed, but I didn't this is where I was at, and I had a friend who wasn't gonna judge me or and I felt embarrassed and I felt ways, but it wasn't like it. It's never been judgment. It's like, oh I got pregnant by this dumbass guy. It's never been judgment. It's like, what are we gonna do? And how are we gonna how are we gonna heal you?
Speaker 4: You know? What can I do for you?
Speaker 2: And I think that we fuck ourselves a lot not being able to show up as ourselves, you know, vulnerable, fucked up.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's not beautiful. And I'm one of those people.
Speaker 2: Who really wants to present is everything is okay, because I don't want too much of your attention because I think it's weird and I can deal with it by myself. But it does require that you kind of let go of that perfection, Like perfection isn't in order to be vulnerable in a friendship in a real way.
Speaker 4: Not yeah, yeah, because we all have some shit you have.
Speaker 1: To you have to do.
Speaker 3: If you if you really say you want the friendship or the friend group that you desire, there is a disarming that has to happen or else you can just have a bunch of you can just have a bunch of eighty friends and you be in that group too. You're gonna be the eighty friend to a lot of bitches, and you won't.
Speaker 1: You won't. You're not even part of the twenty percent.
Speaker 2: But then when you actually need somebody you have, you won't even feel comfortable calling any of those bitches, right, And that is that's of all of the things that we've that we've cultivated, Like, our friendship is my most proud like the thing I'm most proud of, and like it really is a marriage, you know, it really is a marriage. Like we've put in the work and we are constantly finding new ways to better our friendship so that we can keep doing the work for the community.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well that's cheers to that you don't barely have nothing to dream.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I mean, I guess cheers to forever friendship and to being vulnerable in them and sharing the message of sisterhood.
Speaker 4: So I brought couples.
Speaker 2: We're not really strangers because we're a couple. Actually, they're sending us some stuff. Yeah, send us some money.
Speaker 4: What have you been extra sensitive too lately?
Speaker 13: What have I been extra sensitive too lately? M Because the same should have always sends it up about.
Speaker 4: Which is I.
Speaker 1: I think I'm very sensitive.
Speaker 3: About how I parent and like how I show up as a parent. Really Yeah, when people have opinions like my mom, I think I'm also been extra sensitive to touch, physical touch. I think because I I mean, I'm I'm a touchy type of bitch anyway with.
Speaker 1: With men, not so much women, which I'm not like, I'm always trying to work on why are you laughing? Why are you laughing?
Speaker 7: Everything?
Speaker 3: With women, I feel very I think my heart is very sensitive.
Speaker 1: It's very sensitive.
Speaker 3: It's very open because after my last relationship, I told myself, I'm not like closing myself off and I wasn't going to like harden myself. And that was also the message I got last year when I also tried to I was like, I'm not you should I should have Yeah, And I did it, and then I got the voice and the voice told me that your lesson is not over.
Speaker 1: And then I went back and then I was like, Okay, you got it, lesson is received.
Speaker 4: Got it? We had it eleven months later got it. We got it.
Speaker 1: It was really important.
Speaker 4: It was it was.
Speaker 3: I think I'm just very sensitive to energy in general. So I feel like I can feel people's energy even more so than before. And like the other day, Mela asked me if I'm an mpath and I like took a very long time to answer, and then she was like, well, you're not, bitch, and I was like, but I think I am. And I think there's a spectrum of like what empathy looks like for people and how deeply impacted you are by people's energy, and mine is mine shows up differently, Like some people cry very easily right like, and I can tell me I can and I can cry.
Speaker 1: I can cry easily too, depending on what it is, but we can.
Speaker 3: But I think, just in general right now, I feel like just very sensitive to.
Speaker 1: Energy and people overall.
Speaker 2: What about you, Uh, yeah, I am always sensitive to energy and people.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think that I am hyper sensitive. But I think I'm really sensitive to myself.
Speaker 2: Where as I'm like on this deep investigative journey into why I am the way I am and how I show up and being really conscious of the thoughts that I have and honestly like like I've said this to you, like even thoughts like about you or in a relationship, or think you're mad at me, or even just like how I respond to situations, and like I think then.
Speaker 4: It's been I'm I'm sensitive to it because now I'm it's time to do this work.
Speaker 2: But I think it's also like the hardest work I've ever had to do, not changing myself, but being open to change about how I show up and even my thought process and like, you know, recognizing when thoughts are negative or and like or I'm feeling jealousy, you know, and then I'm like that you need to do air element, you know, Like I had this crazy it's so ridiculous. I don't want to admit it and out loud. It was so dumb. But immediately I was like, bitch, you need to do your own limit, like you need to sit down. And it helped, you know, but it was just like a ridiculous thought. It was very childish and.
Speaker 4: I had to check myself. And so I just think that I'm in this this space where I was.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know if you're hanging out with somebody, and I was like, jealousy, it's me poor.
Speaker 4: It was stupid. It was like the last few weeks, but I had to like check it, you know what I mean, Like where is this coming from?
Speaker 2: Like you it's literally made up, and just just being cognizant of that, you know.
Speaker 4: And just like all those things. So I think.
Speaker 1: She was jealous.
Speaker 4: For not the bitch I spent every week in a moment with Psycho. But yeah, this really extra sensitive about me lately, and like how I show up and who I am, my tru.
Speaker 3: What's something we used to do at the beginning of our l What is something we used to do at the beginning of our relationship that you miss the most?
Speaker 4: I picked up. Yeah, I don't think we do anything but nothing. It's never happening again.
Speaker 1: M I guess hang out alone, hang out by ourselves more.
Speaker 3: I think like when we hang out there's always a lot of people around.
Speaker 1: It's either like we're.
Speaker 3: With our group of friends, or we're working, or there's someone behind the camera or Orlando's there or whatever. It is, Like, I think that I miss hanging out with you one.
Speaker 4: On one more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say working, I mean not working out, hanging out without being work related or not having to talk about anything. Work related, like I'm not doing nothing but kind of yeah, kind of, you know, because there was a time we're like, we're just doing this when it was time to do this, and then we just hang out.
Speaker 4: But now it's like everything and revolves.
Speaker 2: Around this machine that we've created and like how it can improve and how it can be better, and how we can make.
Speaker 4: More money and like are we making money yet?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I never paying you know, And it's just like a consciousness that has overtaken, not overtaken the friendship because it's so deeply tied together. But yeah, like where we can just kind of decompress and separate these two things, which is difficult because our friendship is our business and vice versa.
Speaker 4: But yeah, like just being in the backyard naked, smoking weed, doing.
Speaker 1: Nothing bringing into more of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well summer's coming.
Speaker 4: Okay, one more?
Speaker 2: In what ways is this relationship unlike any other before?
Speaker 1: It's so many ways.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh. I think the level of like vulnerability I've been able to that's been able to exist in this I think also just and and vulnerability even in like my deepest insecurity is about our relationship and being able to say that out loud to you and on multiple occasions, and probably I could do it even more honestly, And so I think, like I've never experienced that with a woman. I might've experienced that with a man because women were really good at telling me cause how we feel, but with women, we don't really do that. And so I would say that like being able to do that, I think also.
Speaker 1: Being naked a lot, because I.
Speaker 3: Don't really have a lot of friends that I would've may been able to do that with. I mean, I think I I've always felt pretty comfortable in my body and being naked. I think when that comes from my mom because she was really ni she was mute a lot in the house, even though now she acts like that ever existed. But but there's like, uh, the freedom of like just I think existing in my body is something that I never really got to do with any woman in my life like that, thank you.
Speaker 2: I think in what ways this relationship is unlike any other before.
Speaker 4: I think that we have been able to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, grow together, consciously, healed together, and like be vulnerable about the things that we're healing and where we're at, and also just make the rules, you know, Like we've really made the rules in our relationship and there's been no blueprint, and it's like.
Speaker 4: You wanna party this guy?
Speaker 2: Okay, wha party our friend's boyfriend with her permission?
Speaker 4: Okay you know, and like, oh like just whatever, it is, like you think I should shu?
Speaker 2: You think we should send this guy a picture of us inner lingerie and see if I'll come on our show.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shout out to band Lathan, Thanks thanks man.
Speaker 3: I mean wait, not wait, not this being Neila's tactic, because Mila.
Speaker 1: Was like, we gotta get Kat Williams on our ship. Was like, I have a probably run that tactic back.
Speaker 4: I said, you think we just send the pictures on lingerie? I think it's too thirsty now. But she was gonna be too thirsty.
Speaker 2: If worked back in twenty eighteen. Did I don't think I sent? I told Nellie and she was like, no, you can't ask the people. You can't ask old people. You can't they don't understand.
Speaker 4: No, you got no no, you know, pull pull cat's DMS ups.
Speaker 1: If anything's on the.
Speaker 4: Cat is gonna understand the call, just like just like Ban did. Fucking band what is he?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: But yeah, like just making the rules and just knowing that I can be my full complete cells here, naked titties out, your boyfriend there, your new boyfriend there. I don't care what boyfriend this is, and just like be full blown myself and know that you have my back.
Speaker 4: And that there's no weird energy.
Speaker 1: Hey amen, amen Amen.
Speaker 2: So our males are about to come out because bitches are very hungry now that we've smoked and Erica has been dying, I mean fucking dying Erica and Luna for us to do ASMR and wait side note. That's when I was in the bathtub in Luna and she goes she made me watch ASMR and I was like she whispering the whole time and she's like yeah.
Speaker 4: So she's like, let's who do you want to watch you? And I was like no, and she puts us in. She goes good Mom's Bad Choices with kids and I was like, no, it's called the forest is a pharmacy. She'said, oh yeah, And then I was like why do you want to watch this? She's like, so you can see like if you mess up. I was like, remain. She was like, you canna see to watch yourself to see if you mess up. She was okay, Well, I was like, but I'm being myself. I don't think I can mess up. And I was like, is she right? Do I need to like watch to see what I do? Weird? Like, you know what it is? You guys do letely honest.
Speaker 2: I am so and I wouldn't say insecure, but I am so overly conscious that I don't want to watch it at all because I don't want to have any attachment. If I don't like it, I literally just be like it's done. I could have a bookheer in my nose, I could do some Fox up shit.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't know. I'm not having it.
Speaker 2: I'm not looking at it because I don't like to rewatch and like to we listen. I probably listen to eighteen percent of our episodes in the last six years.
Speaker 4: But when she said that, I was like, she's smart.
Speaker 2: I could have been improving the last six years, but I've avoided myself because it's too scary.
Speaker 4: Not too scary for you, too scary for me.
Speaker 2: So we finally for Erica, because we are here eating, we are gifting the people which you've always been dying for.
Speaker 3: Us eating and doing ASMR so if you want to make sure you subscribe to our YouTube channel because we're going to create another channel for ASMR because all my ASMR dreams are finally.
Speaker 4: But hold your horses. I don't think we're recruiting another channel.
Speaker 1: Doesn't know it yet, but we're creating a channel.
Speaker 3: The channel's happening, and it's what's gonna take our YouTube to the next level. Just to fucking wait, just you wait, We're gonna come YouTube fucking stars on the rise.
Speaker 4: What is that plaque?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna be a plaque.
Speaker 3: That's gonna see a million views and it's gonna be that as Mr video.
Speaker 1: Of you just lurping on fucking charboiled oysters.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be like longer nails or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, we love you, thank you for sitting through this love fest of Erica, and I remember to love on your friends, Remember to write your friends and love letter order fucking are we really strangers? And get to know your lovers and your wives and your friends better and rate when we view this fucking episode and also download it. I don't know if you know this. We don't get streams unless people are downloading. So it's this is not based on listens. It's based on downloads. So if you haven't downloaded the episode, review it, leave a comment, download it, because that's what actually matters, even if you're the deleted late.
Speaker 4: Honestly, you know where to find us.
Speaker 2: Good Moms Underscore back Choices on Instagram, Good Momsbad Choices dot.
Speaker 4: Com for everything Good Moms. We're coming to a city near you very soon.
Speaker 2: We have retreats lined up, we have merch, we have good looks, and now we have ASMR.
Speaker 4: So don't play yourself, treat yourself.
Speaker 2: Subscribe to our YouTube channel and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: Bye,