Speaker 1: Check it down, man. The numbers told the story always. It's along those idiots who believe in the analytics.
Speaker 2: This is a numbers game with Gil Alexander, Gone vs.
Speaker 1: Good Monday Morning to you.
Speaker 3: It is a numbers game at Vison these Sports Betting Network, Visa dot Com Game plus iHeartRadio YouTube TV. Are you taking a sim We appreciated. This is a numbers game, Gil Alexander, Kelly Midland live from CIRCA. What is hatten it that much? Man?
Speaker 1: You got a few bucks ick tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, I don't usually start guessing lines with a tweet, but this is an existential question from just to Follow Vison, who says I'm not trying to get too philosophical, but can you answer one question throughout guessing lines for me today? What is anything a good question?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That feels pretty appropriate.
Speaker 3: This is week two. We're about to do guessing lines again. Interactive game. You can play along, do your own guesses and try to extract value in the numbers four Week three in the National Football League. It's usually an extra size that worked spectacularly well. It did not for me last week, But I said all week Kelly, what did I say? I'm like I hate that I like all these favorites, and I kept saying it, and I kept saying it, and I couldn't help myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you you busted out the stats last week too, what we two's looks like with favorites and everything. I was right there with you, buddy, right there with you. And it got bloody, That's.
Speaker 3: For sure it did. But a couple things are true, one of which is we're still alive in Survivor.
Speaker 1: Danil one thing worked out, hit.
Speaker 3: It no, no, yeah, Okay, here's the deal. You have the Texans as well. Yep, I had the Texans and both of my entries and survivors. Let's just start there before we get into week three. If you recall fourteen thousand, two hundred and sixty six entries in Circus Survivor one thousand dollars and pop, that means fourteen million, two hundred and sixty six thousand. I'll do the math for you. In the first week. You may recall Kelly that fifty five hundred and sixty four were eliminated, or thirty nine percent of the entire shebang thirty nine percent on the button yesterday with nine thousand, eight hundred and four entries left. Excuse me, nine thousand, six hundred and four entries left, four thousand and forty more toast tata. It's not an exact Spanish translation, but you go to me, toast is gone. That's so if you do it in terms of what was, So, if you do it percentage wise on what was remaining heading into week two, that's forty six point four to three percent of remaining entries were knocked out yesterday. If you want to do it for the entire year, out of the fourteen thousand, two hundred and sixty six, sixty seven point three to two percent are gone. I'll do the math again. That's two thirds gone. And we're not done with week two because the Eagles. A lot of folks are on the Eagles tonight, so it could be more but two thirds gone. We haven't even played two weeks of football, right, Think about that?
Speaker 1: Where were we at like last year?
Speaker 3: So glad you asked. We did not plan that that way. We did not last year. After this is, after two weeks, thirty five point nine to nine percent had been eliminated. Remember sixty seven point three two percent this year. Last year only thirty five point nine to nine percent. However, now ask about two years.
Speaker 1: Ago, two years ago, how was it two years ago? I mean, the past two years feel like they've been rough.
Speaker 3: Thanks for asking. Well, last year wasn't that rough after two weeks as as you know by comparison, But two years ago, seventy four point seven three percent had been eliminated after two weeks. Remember that was the one that was I want to say, six thousand, one hundred and thirty three. It was over six thousand going on with the exact number. And then last year was nine two hundred and sixty seven when it was only thirty five point nine nine percent after two weeks. But as far as this this year, again, fifty five sixty four eliminated week one, four thousand and forty so far in week two and we are down to one third of remaining entries. So the Texans get it done for us, Thank god. It's the only thing it did right besides the commander's getting lucky in winning a yeah. Yeah, By the way, intrinsic value of each is it too early to talk about that.
Speaker 1: Now because CIRCA keeps doing it now right like you've posted it all like every.
Speaker 3: Oh they do it too. Yeah, three thousand and sixty dollars and six cents of the remaining.
Speaker 1: Entries, I'll made two thousand dollars then. Obviously that's how it works on.
Speaker 3: The paper you have.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's correct.
Speaker 3: Let's just go through it. Let's we'll start with Thursday again. This is how this works. I don't know the lines. We'll go briefly through the games, and I mean briefly today with recaps. Because here's the thing about why we do the recaps. We do want to like focus on like coaching blunders, and there was there was there were coaching blunders yesterday, and we want to focus on key points of the game. But usually the reason that we do recaps is because it was the old La Times reporter was named Red Smith I believe was his name. It was before my time also, but he used to say that people read the Monday morning paper right because they want to relive the games on Sunday. I'm not sure there was any games to relive yesterday. They were kind of kind of what's the word I'm looking for, sucky.
Speaker 4: Oh, they're gonna be they're gonna be painful to live.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't mean that, I just mean just from also an interest standpoint, there wasn't much. But let's start with Thursday night.
Speaker 1: What do we got? Okay, first with fiery Boys, here we go. There we go week two that after here we go it Thursday night football. We start with the Patriots at the Genus.
Speaker 3: Do you think i'll have a learned that there's a open for guessing line?
Speaker 1: It's okay, yo, all right?
Speaker 3: How many years has been? Fourteen?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: What did you say? Patriots at the Jets ooh AFC East clash between two one and one teams. The Patriots lose yesterday they do so to the Seattle Seahawks. We'll pick it up after the half. It's seventeen to thirteen Seattle in this one. A few sort of three it ounts or at least Seattle on downs. New England thre announced Seattle three and own in New englandre announce Sattle three. Now was that kind of game? Then? New England finally goes eleven play sixty six yards and six minutes and twenty seconds Remandra in from one and the Patriots take the lead by three, twenty to seventeen twelve forty three left in this one, at least in regulation Seattle punted. Then New England gets the ball back Sly forty eight yard field goal attempt to go up six blocked by Julian Love. Remember that that's the key play right there. Then Seattle does get a Meyers thirty eight yard field goal to tie it up at twenty apiece. With forty nine seconds left, New England three and out. We're going overtime. New England gets the ball first and overtime they win the toss they get, they go to three and out again. Seattle eight play seventy one yards Meyers thirty one yardfield goal. Ball game. Seattle wins at twenty three to twenty easy peasy, not exactly, but that's how New England falls to one and one.
Speaker 4: Now they're feisty. New England outing though.
Speaker 3: They are feisty. The Jets go to one and one. They win. They beat Tennessee. We'll pick this one up in a seven and zhering Tennessee game. Because Ridley had gotten the early touchdown from ten out. Tennessee ten plays seventy two yards, it took six to eleven, third and goal to six. They're on their way to increasing that lead. In Billy Levi's ill advised Billy Levi's fumbles recovered by and Williams eight forty left in the second quarter. Remember that that's huge. So many fumbles, it seems this year. There's so many themes this year. One is way too many flags.
Speaker 4: Two the offensive alignment stuff.
Speaker 3: How many fumbles on the way into the end zone or at least within the five or six.
Speaker 1: Yard line feels like three or four already.
Speaker 3: Now, oh, at least Jets go three and out. They don't do anything with that. And then Levi's first play lepis, I know, I get it, but it's Billy Levi.
Speaker 1: Billy Levi's picked deep by Ekle, so ill advised Billy Levi's again.
Speaker 3: The Jets then go twelve play seventy three yards Rogers to Braylan Allen, youngest player in the NFL. From twelve out, we are tied at seven. The uh the Titans would ad a field goal before the half. Ten to seven Titans. Second half, third quarter, third and fifteen at their own twenty five. Titans up three Rogers in complete to Williams, and so that's a drive killer, but roughing the passer on Simmons then breeze for thirty Two plays later, Rogers to Breeze, who catches it over the linebacker from twenty six out fourteen to ten and Jets. Early third quarter later, the Jets would block a Ryan's Stonehouse punt. That's two weeks in a row now. Ryan Stonehouse has had a punt block for the Titans on a three and out and that led to a zerline field goal seventeen to ten. Jets a little more than halfway through the third quarter. Then five play seventy one yards, Levis to Ridley for forty. We are tied at seventeen. They trade punts a couple times, and then the Jets have a drive. Seven play seventy four yards Braylin all and once again in from twenty and the Jets are up seven with four to thirty one left. Final sequence Tennessee matriculates. They get it to first and goal at the ten. Kelly first a goal at the ten. They're on the doorstep of Titan two yards incomplete, sacked, incomplete ballgame, Yeah yeah, Jets win. So Patriots and Jets.
Speaker 4: This is a game real quick.
Speaker 1: By the way, I like, during the middle of it, I'm like I feel like going into it, I was like I don't really know how much I'm gonna learn about either one of these teams in this game, And then watching it, I'm like, I don't really know how much I'm learning about either of these teams during this game. You know, because Uls have put twenty seven games in the early window. Okay, watch some of these.
Speaker 3: That was the biggest blunder, and Scott Hansen kept trying to say, oh, it's just the most active window we'll ever have, which translated to the viewer is, oh, this is the suckiest, most horrible window will ever have you barely saw? Well, it's ten, and then three and then three. There's inevitably one or two that you're not I mean, the Cardinals and Rams became moved real quick.
Speaker 1: Soluse all the commercial breaks line up.
Speaker 3: And by the way, it's not three. One is at four oh five, right, and the other two or four twenty five. It's just it's just I don't know why they do that. I don't know why they think that's ever a good idea.
Speaker 1: And then it's like wildly different this week, right, it's what like, this week's schedule is great, great job this week.
Speaker 3: Why couldn't you know this is the two Monday night.
Speaker 1: Two Monday nights here we got like five late window games.
Speaker 3: What was the game?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Patriots at the Jets.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, but your comment there at the beginning, to me is these the real topic sentencewitch is the feisty New England Patriots. I say, Jets minus four and a half.
Speaker 1: You get, you can get out your money to back them, because it is six and a half right now at DraftKings.
Speaker 3: That's too much. Six and a half everywhere, that's too high. Anything about the Jets makes you think they can roll the Patriots.
Speaker 1: I am with you. The only way I guess at this point, right now in the season that I'd be looking at this as Patriots split with the points, I would not be laying six and a half with the Jets. They're just at the point I think they got to show it first, right Like, I don't think I've seen it.
Speaker 3: Well, me and you were expecting at least before the season. Well one has been my line. My line has been based on, you know, their quarterback play from last year that if they got was the exact quote I always use, if they got any modicum of play, Yeah, from Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: They should be good.
Speaker 3: You know what they're getting so far, A modicum.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly, that's what they're getting.
Speaker 3: No more, no less, look, a modicum.
Speaker 1: I've seen that. I also feel like the no I think you're right, and I feel like the defense could be a little better. It feels like Britis Hall could like they haven't seen those big, massive Breeze Hall games yet that we were kind of expecting.
Speaker 3: Well, the Ridley touchdown, the catch, not the run. The catch sauce just kind of figured it was going to be incomplete, and Ridley makes this unbelievable to catch on it as well. That's another team, by the way, we'll get to Tennessee. But I have no idea what to make of them until will Levis could actually be consistent from one drive to the next.
Speaker 1: Can't keep doing your thing, Billy. I think my favorite bet that futures bet that I have SILS for him to lead the league in interceptions. Feels like that's going to be live before.
Speaker 3: You feel about your Anthony Richardson not great, Bob, Why Bob, Sorry, sorry, I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 1: Oh man, he looked rough. I can't wait to get to that game, all.
Speaker 3: Right, so I like some Patriots right on Thursday night, right off the bat, We'll do Sunday, not a ten to three early window lay window day. I hope on Sunday you're already telling me it's not. We'll get to those guessing lines. Week three in the National Football League, with coaching blunders to come as well. Right here, a visa the Sports Bending Network.
Speaker 2: Numbers game on vs. The Sports Vetting Network.
Speaker 3: Nobody knows football like Vsit And for a limited time you can get your first month a Vison Pro for just nine dollars and ninety nine cents. I of allan you'll get instant access to our daily best bets, nineteen hours of live programming, proven betting systems, and our exclusive betting splits. Start a monthly subscription today get your first month for only nine dollars ninety nine cents, or bet smarter through the entire NFL season with our football special for just one hundred and seventy five dollars. Don't miss out on these limited time offers. Go to vson dot com slash subscribe to sign him now and become a better better that's er r we get tweets at being the book Jesse Welch, raise your hand if you have the Steelers, Vikings, Chargers, and Bucks starting undefeated while the Niners, Lions, and Ravens lose early. One word for the NFL plink Oh well, that's not exactly what I mean by plinko, but it's how plink o we By the way, was that Sunday night game? Oh my god, we'll get to that. Yeah, that's what I had to say too. Really couldn't win my more six Texans, Philip Morris. First time in a while since I've listened live, I'm in a fifty thousand dollars survivor pool on DraftKings with Vikings and Chargers. You so far. I like my chances in my first year of doing one. That's Philip Moore.
Speaker 1: How many remain?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's very tweet us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very confident Las Vegas five to one, four. We'll get to the Skins. But he says, yo, can we put Austin Sieberd up there with Mark Mosley? Maybe for one day? Lol? I thank him, but we need touchdowns instead of field goals. Sheesh, you're not kidding. Tom Ft for the three I took down my he took down his local twenty entry survivor pool with the Texans last night. Never seen anything like it. Wait, go Tea for three year a winner. By the way, that's not You are not the only person who has told me they won their survivor within two weeks.
Speaker 1: That's great, that's right.
Speaker 3: We'll get some board of these coming up. There's a whole bunch one more. Ryan chajeered, sma, I'm in a survivor pool with sixty five entries in a buyback option if you lose in the first three weeks. Twenty two lost in week one, they bought back, and they all lost in week two again. Oh no, thankfully, I'm not one of them.
Speaker 1: Wait how many how many of the league did he?
Speaker 3: He said, sixty five total, But twenty two lost, they all bought back in and they all lost again.
Speaker 1: Man, that's brutal.
Speaker 3: He says. Week three doesn't look easy either. We'll get to all of it, all right, Week three?
Speaker 1: What else? All right? Sunday they early slate Giants at the Browns.
Speaker 3: All right, this is one of these games Giants at Washington that does not need a lot other than the fact that the only thing that mattered in this game was that Graham Goodo pulled his hamstring. Yes, and so while Washington could not get the ball in the end zone and Austin Siebert is it Cyber or Siebert the old Texas product was he went seven for seven. Remember kde York was kicking for the Skins last week. He missed two times. So they bring in Siebert and he goes seven for seven twenty even. Here's the problem with Washington. Not only are they not good at football, they're also exceedingly boring. They're a really boring football team. Even the field goals were boring. Twenty seven, forty five, twenty six, twenty seven, twenty nine, thirty three and thirty they needed them all and the reason they the malls because when they went up three to nothing and the Giants scored singletary in from seven, their punter Jamie Gillen tried the pat the extra point was no good, so the Giants were only up six to three late in the first quarter. And then when Washington was up nine to six, Neighbors who had a great game by the way, Malik Nighbors saw he had a catch for thirteen and twenty one on the drive. Then he scored from four out. Then at this point the Giants were like, we're only going for two, and they kept failing, so they failed. They only are up twelve to nine. Then Washington goes up eighteen to fifteen. Again all field goals for Washington. Then the Giants have a thirteen play seventy yard drive Jones to Robinson from seven out. They go for two again, fail again. Then it's eighteen eighteen and then the last sequence of the game, Giants fourth and fourth, the Washington twenty two Jones incomplete to Neighbors on the sideline and with two zero four left, Jayden Daniels does this thing where they matriculate the ball down the field. Skins don't have any problem matriculating the ball down the field. It's once they get once they get to the you know, the red zone, where they're like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, do now how do we do this football thing?
Speaker 3: And then Sebert hits the thirty yarder and the Skins win twenty one to eighteen, and in a game they had no business winning. Quite frankly, if the Giants had had a kicker, probably they're at oh so, but we're talking about the Giants now. The Giants are at Cleveland. Cleveland ends up beating Jacksonville. We'll pick it up third quarter at sixteen to three, Cleveland little misses a field goal forty three yard field goal try for the Jaguars. That is an anomaly. No one misses field goals anymore in this league. But he missed one from forty three. They got the ball back. They went three play seventy two yards Lawrence to Brian Thomas Junior, who has certainly been fined as a rookie, from sixty six. Two plays later at the n n from four sixteen to ten Cleveland. Late third quarter, Jacksonville will go thirteen plays eighty three yards, but they would have to settle for a little twenty five yard field goal. How many field goals yesterday in this league? So sixteen thirteen Cleveland. Halfway through the fourth Cleveland would then have one of these. Remember Pittsburgh had a ten play eighteen yard drive yesterday. Well, Cleveland had a twelve play twenty nine yard drive that took five forty four yesterday. But they end up punting to the Jacksonville two. And then the first play Trevor was sacked in the end zone by Right. Eighteen to thirteen Cleveland with one forty left, they would go three and out in seventeen seconds.
Speaker 1: Checks.
Speaker 3: There's so many time management isitials. We'll get to the worst one coming up. Jacksonville was able to use their two timeouts and then Cleveland through an incomplete pass which gave Jacksonville the ball back down five with one twenty seven left at their own ten. They got as far as the Cleveland thirty three Hail Mary incomplete. Browns win eighteen thirteen to shawan twenty two of thirty four for one eighty six. So, by the way, this is a game thirteen penalties for one hundred yards for the Browns.
Speaker 1: Yea, that was not even even catch that. Wow, this is this is one of those games I'm gonna have to completely rewatch because I feel like I saw a five second that's right.
Speaker 3: But it was one of those games where Jacksonville couldn't really do much and then at the end it's like, oh, okay, then no, no, it does It never works out.
Speaker 4: I am very glad.
Speaker 1: I am done believing in the long term future of the Jacksonville Jaguars because it's a frustrating team. There's a lot of talent and they just can't. It feels like this is week after week this type of stuff.
Speaker 3: Is there a lot of talent? Like I don't know.
Speaker 1: Good quote at good Point, I don't know. I think Brian Thomas good.
Speaker 3: We'll get to Jacksonville. This is the Giants at Cleveland. It's Cleveland minus seven, right, because the Giants are terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's six and a half seven, six and a half most places. I think it opened most places seven. I'm just trying to scan right now. Yeah, I think it opened most places seven, but has come down a little bit. We're at six and a half pretty much everywhere seven atge DraftKings currently though, Right, all right, let's do one more packers at Titan's early window.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a Malik Willis revenge spot. That's right, Tennessee, we already talked about. Levis ended up nineteen of twenty eight for one ninety two and that loss of the Jets one touchdown, one pick you sacked four times, four carries for thirty eight yards. He did lose that fumble. The Titans held the Jets still only two hundred and sixty five totally yards, but they were minus two interurnars. Green Bay wins. They get it done.
Speaker 1: The what's that they? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, against your Colts, Your Anthony Richardson led Colts three to nothing Packers than after an indian Indianapolis three and out and eleven play, eighty two yard drive for green Bay, Malik Willis to D'antavian Wicks for fourteen touchdown that was set up by a twelve yard Milik Willis run ten to nothing Green Bay Malik Willis doing his thang.
Speaker 1: The Colts coaching staff gil somehow caught completely off guard by Jordan Love being out of the game and the Packers deciding to.
Speaker 4: Run the ball.
Speaker 3: Then your guy Richardson, your MVP was picked by Xavier McKinney. Green Bay drives again first gold the Indianapolis four. What do you know a fumble inside the five yard line, Yeah, Jacob's hit by Franklin, Sarah Franklin fumbles were covered by Latsu twelve oh six left in the second quarter, and that the Colts have life, but they don't do anything before that half.
Speaker 1: It's still tend to could be, should have been so much worse than ten to nothing at the half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a third quarter Indianapolis turnover on downs, terrible throw by your guy ar On fourth and four to Taylor down at the tailor from from their own forty six that results in a field goal. Anyway, they trade field goal was thirteen to three. Gay misses. Matt Gay misses a fifty yard field goal early fourth quarter that tried to cut into the thirteen to three deficit. He missed it. Rare miss in the NFL. Then Indianapolis matriculated, here was your one shining moment for your guy, Anthony Richardson fourth and eleven at the green Bay fifteen. You're down ten after a false start out of a time out. That was beautiful to put him in the fourth and eleven situation, and he runs for eleven. Next play, Richardson appears from four out, sixteen to ten, green Bay one forty seven to go. And then because they're down six and it's less than two minutes and their timeouts are scarce here, I don't even know if they had any left. I think they had one left at this point. The Colts had to declare the onside kick. And I do believe, ladies and gentlemen, that when you declare the onside kick in the NFL, you actually have to use the phrase. Uh I do declare, I do declare, I want to do the onside kick, and that's what they did. It failed, of course. Green Bay, though went three and out. Colts spend the rest of their time outs. Pardon me, they had more than one time. I think they had two left, and then Anthony Gould calls a fair catch the five on the ensuing punch.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Remember when there used to be a cardinal sin.
Speaker 1: Well, if you hit.
Speaker 3: The ten, if you're not planned at the ten, you're gonna do something dumb like call a fair catch at the five. So that didn't do the Colts any favors. They gotta go ninety five yards and forty two seconds doing he gets to their own forty one. The announcers cannot stop raving about Anthony Richardson's cannon arm. He doesn't get close to the end zone.
Speaker 1: Pick was great. They're like, oh, this is gonna be amazing. You know, you've called a boring game. When you're like, okay, guys, get we're setting up for it, Hailbarry, We're gonna see how far he can throw this thing. And then yeah, it came up like ten yards short of the In.
Speaker 3: God, any ball game, Packers beat the Colts. I split the difference between the zero and the three on Tennessee. Somehow I made Tennessee a one and a half point fairy because it still is Malik Willis. But like, I have no idea what it could.
Speaker 1: Be anywhere one and a half to two and a half. I bet I bet the Titans money line a little bit yesterday on this opener. I just don't know, Like, yeah, Richardson was not great, but like, well, the shot from the Colts coaching staff that the Packers were gonna run the ball that many times seemed to seemed to have the Colts on their heels the entire first half. So I'm gonna hope the Titans have a better game plan going against the leak Willis. And uh yeah, I played the money.
Speaker 3: Line the one and one Packers at the oh and two Titans. That's a pretty brutal oh and two for the Titans. Yes a game they lose to the Bears, they had no business losing, and they had every opportunity to beat the uh to beat the Jets yesterday, just couldn't do it. All right, No, no bet there for me more Sunday games where you're telling me there's you told me off fair five afternoons and two Monday nights. Now that's a schedule, NFL or guessing lines on the other side, numbers, game Visa, these sports Betty Network.
Speaker 2: Numbers game Sports Betty Network.
Speaker 3: Oh, so many tweets, best listeners in the game, I beating the book always appreciated. We'll get to them on next seven because we've got games to get through. Can I read just one though? From Joe Peter or Joe Pete, who was the megapod guest on Thursday, and by the way, fantastic guest. And how have I not had him on the megapod before this past three Really? What an oversight by me. He's been on the podcast a million times to talk baseball and golf, and I want to say even maybe not football ever, maybe that was the first football on Wow. Anyway, Joe tweets and he goes regarding the He says, regarding the first two weeks of Survivor, I think this is actually pretty interesting. Regarding the first two weeks of Survivor, carnage three years in a row. Now didn't happen the prior three years. What changed last three years? Has a seventeen game schedule in only three preseason games, which many blow off, have these first two weeks become glorified exhibitions. Yes, I think you answered your own question, Joe. That's exactly what I believe it is. I believe I've said this before. Going from four preseason games to three, Hey, it's only one game fewer, right, shouldn't be that big of a deal. But it's the way that every team decided to handle it that has created this chaos, because when you had four, you're like, Okay, we're gonna play your starters for this amount in game one. We're gonna play for this amount of Game two. Then we're gonna go, well at least a half in game three, and then game four, we're not playing anybody. And every team used to play it that way, and there was a rhythm to it, and it just seemed to work so that teams were by and large ready for week one of the NFL season. Now that they've gone to three, you have teams that play starters, you have teams that play no starters ever. And so yes, I think Joe that the survivor carnage, and he answered his own question is a direct line from that to this, I just think we not only do we know less, but I think teams themselves are not prepared to go.
Speaker 1: I mean you and I have talked about this more off air, actually, I think than on air. Maybe it is I don't care about the number of games. I actually like what the NFL did cutting it back to three, but I.
Speaker 3: Think I like less preseason two. That doesn't change the point though, right, No, no, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But clearly like like kind of their point of doing it is like was was, Hey, these teams don't take advantage of all these games anyways, let's shave it back, and they still don't. They still don't care to take advantage of it. I think I think absolutely more than there are multiple teams. This supplies to where I think I thought each week so far, man, this team looked like it needed another preseason gamers.
Speaker 3: Though, though the Week two things tried and true. As we discussed last week, cleave Ta was great with his numbers on how the over Week two is always over reaction week, no matter the year. Yeah, yes, and I knew it and I couldn't stop myself.
Speaker 1: What's next either?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Early window bears at Colts. All right, we talked about the Colts.
Speaker 3: Your buddy Anthony Richardson seventeen of thirty four for two oh four to one touchdown, three picks. He was sacked once. Four carries for thirty seven yards. Taylor did have twelve for one oh three on the ground Indianapolis minus two and turnovers in that game. They were out possessed forty minutes eleven seconds to nineteen forty nine.
Speaker 4: Just stunning that Green Bay was going to run the ball. I thought that might happen.
Speaker 3: You said Chicago to Indianapolis. Is that what you said, Chicago to Indianapolis? So, oh, if you missed this game last night between the Bears and the Texans, this was like plinko every second fair Baron kicks a fifty six yard in a start, and then Santo's matches it with a fifty three yarder. Nobody off the camera on the crossbar, by the way, nobody misses field goals anymore. Indoors, especially Houston fourth and one at the fifty. We're early here. Stroud is still over for eighteen. They overcome an unsportsmanlike on Collins, even though he got poked in the face first. Next play, first play, second quarter, straud to Collins for twenty eight touchdown. It's ten to three Textans five seconds into the second quarter, and we're on our way to an easy psy survivor win. Yeah, not so much. After Chicago three at Houston, beautiful third and ten, conversion of digs for twenty one, then a scrambling pass to Collins for eighteen.
Speaker 1: Because C. J.
Speaker 3: Stroud is sick. They settle for a fair baron forty seven yard field goal on fourth and a half a yard. There was a lot of that too. Andy Reid did it later. Also, It's like fourth and inches. We haven't gotten the memo on this. You should probably go no, you could kick a field goal. Oh you just did a kick a fal thirteen to three Houston n frustrating early, very frustrated. Thirteen to three Houston, nine to fifty five left in the second quarter. The Bears do convert a fourth in inches that they quite frankly didn't convert from their own thirty nine. But like Mike Terrico just went with it. He's like, yeah, they get the first down. I'm like no. He didn't like their replay, says he didn't even get it, like why aren't we reviewing this? So they have to punt anyway? It gets down at the end of the second half, down ten thirteen to three, Chicago ends up with a double dip chance third nine of the Houston twenty five. They call a PI on Kaylin Bullock Khalil Herbert eventually in from two eight plays forty nine yard drive after that, after that punt thirteen to ten Houston. Now late second quarter, Houston ends up with a fair baron fifty nine yarder before the half, So the Houston Texans win ats first half. They lead by six of the half. But remember so they squeeze that in in thirty two seconds, by the way, to get that field goal from fifty nine, because you don't really have to matriculate that much you get fifty nine yard field goal. People already saying we should narrow the goalpost. These kickers are so good. Third quarter, after Williams missus Carter on a three and out, Houston pun after mixing gets hip dropped. No one's calling hip drop tackles. By the way, Yeah, PI on Houston on an uncatchable pass. Then on the next drive for Chicago, there's like a whole bunch of stuff. The hip drop isn't getting called. Some games are calling an uncatchable pass. Some games are not calling uncatchable anyway. What is the score here? Still sixteen to ten in this ball game? Eventually Caleb gets picked by Derek Stingley Junior. Houston adds a fifty three yard field goal from fairbairon nineteen to ten early fourth quarter. Then Chicago Caleb avoids a sacked by Daniel Hunter, but it gets picked by Kamari Lassiter. So you're like, okay, Texans keep dolling dodging bullets. Here, We're up nine, we're in cover position, we're in safe survivor position. And then uh boy, even after a Marry Edwards sack of Caleb, Houston matriculates first and goal at the four. Kelly up nine, Really just put this away? What do you think happens inside the five yard line? Akers gets hit by Billings, he fumbles, recovered by Bayer and six twenty eight to go, and all of a sudden, our easy pieces of easy pieces of survivor win and cover is out the window. Chicago matriculates there's a grounding penalty that puts them out of field goal range. So like Houston bedders are like yes, and then the next play there's a rough passer. Every play was planko in this game. It was ridiculous. Put somem right back in there. They get a field goal Santos from fifty four because nobody misses nineteen thirteen Houston two fifty one to go Houston three and out. And and it's stupid. They played this stupidly. They had to extend their first They got it with like two forty something left, two fifty one left. They had to extend that first play long enough, like call a sweep or something, so that by the time the playclock rolled for the second down play, they could have run it down to the two minute warning, but they don't, and so they're forced to play the second down play with two zero two left anyway, instead of Hughes. Instead of Chicago getting the ball back with like twenty three seconds left, Chicago ends up getting the ball back with one thirty seven left because they played it that way. Also, they had an illegal use of the hands penalty that should be pointed out as well. So Chicago with the ball one thirty seven left down six instead of around twenty three seconds left. They get to their own forty seven before Caleb is sacked by Daniel Hunter two plays later. Was over Houston nineteen thirteen. Think the lawd we get through survivor Well, we're not a Houston yet, don't hit it. Chicago, Chicago to Indianapolis. I also did the split between the zero and the three as in Indianapolis minus one and a half.
Speaker 1: Right now, it is only not a lot of books have this posted. I'm guessing more because of the slew of injuries on the Indie side that they've taken. But DraftKings does have it up as one in favor of Indianapolis one.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of the one and the halfs because you never know what those But my thinking on both the Green Bay A Tennessee and the Chicago Indianapolis one and a half is do we really know anything about any of these teams? Like, I don't think that. I don't think the home team is good enough to be a three point favorite. So I'm just splitting difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you. I mean that that's a game.
Speaker 4: I mean, Bear's cool, So that's one I don't want any I have.
Speaker 1: No interest in right now. I mean there is you do have injuries on both sides, Like, yeah, do you think you have a you think you have a good grasp with either one of.
Speaker 3: Those teams right now? No, there's so many teams by the way that did you notice that thing at the end with Houston, Like they could have check made in Chicago and they completely watched.
Speaker 1: That's Texans at Vikings.
Speaker 3: Texans that we just talked about. C J Stroud twenty three of thirty six for two sixty Collins eight for one thirty five in a touchdown. Any interest in Nico Collins as an offensive player?
Speaker 1: I got just what happened second half, Like this is no idea like the past. Game was flowing early.
Speaker 3: They held Chicago to two hundred and five total yards of offense. The Texans did. There were twenty one penalties called in that game for one hundred and seventy five yards. Houston had twelve of them for one fifteen. Just a flag fest. It's impossible to watch. They're at Minnesota. Minnesota beats the Niners outright. CJ ham block day, Wishnowski punt early set up a record field goal twenty two yards out of Minnesota was up three to nothing. San Francisco had a fifteen play eighty eight yard drive after that that took nine to eighteen off the clock. Fourth in gold the two Perty incomplete intended for Jennings, then Minnesota from their own three, Donald to Jefferson for ninety seven ten to nothing, Minnesota nine thirty five left in the second quarter after San Francisco turned it over on downs on a failed fourth and two again turnover on downs, Darnald picked by Fred Warner. Niners then go sixty five yards on five plays Perty to Kindle from seven out ten to seven Minnesota. Minnesot would have a field goal to make it thirteen to seven at the half, then later in the third quarter Perty second to ten at their own thirteen the Niners own thirteen pick by Josh Mattelis one play Darnald to Nailer from ten out twenty to seven. Vikings then Perty third and fifteen at the Minnesota forty five picked off a deflection by ward rule to fumble. Minnesota takes over at midfield. Four plays in second and fourth of San Francisco twenty five Chandler for five yards, but both Justin Jefferson and Nick Bosa helped off the field. Gotta check injury reports on them today. Next play Darnald of Jones for eighteen on his way to the goal line hit by Warner, fumbles recovered by Yattam. I believe it's how you pronounce that. How many fumbles on the way into the end zone in the first two weeks of this season, It's incredible. That's that's the closing seconds of the third quarter of San Francisco gets a touchdown on a ninety nine yard drive after that to close it to twenty to fourteen, but Minnesota countered with a field goal to go up nine. Moody then cut it to six. They had to declare an onside kick. They said, I do declare and it failed. I'm gonna say Houston minus two and a half on the road at Minnesota less than a field goal.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of books with this one up either. Texans three at Draft King Zone all three?
Speaker 3: Okay, more guessing lines coming up. Numbers Game VASA, these Sports Vetting Network, the.
Speaker 2: Numbers game on VSA, these Sports Vetting Network.
Speaker 3: Are you the type of players looking to get down ten thousand dollars in more on an NFL line at the best price in the market, or perhaps you're looking to get your in game play instantly accepted. Introducing sport Trade, the app that's going to change sports betting forever. We had CEO Alex Kine on Friday. I asked him biting questions. Did Nike Kelly biting?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: Did you off?
Speaker 2: You agree?
Speaker 3: Minus one oh four lines instead of the typical minus one ten instant in game betting and a concierge player service. Sports Trade is perfect for those who want a premium betting experience. Already live now in New Jersey, Colorado, and Iowa. They are coming to Arizona and Virginia this fall. Alex told us Arizona, You're a week away, Virginia a few more weeks after that. Download sports Trade. Use code vsin to earn ten percent cash back on each wager in your first week. Terms apply pardon me. It must be twenty one years or older to play. If you were someone you know as a gambling problem and wants helped, call her text one eight hundred a gambler, Gil Alexander Kelly Bitlin guessing lines for Week three in the NFL. So far, like New England, the best I think of the Bunch, which is a Thursday night game we do get tweets at beating the book. I want to get some of your feedback here from the best listeners in the entire game. And it goes a little something like this, tweets like this, Yes, let me just read some here right off the old computer screen, shall I do that? This is from Kevin Ryan Gil Not sure who's more upset today, survivor players who had the Ravens or Chris Collinsworth couldn't stop gushing over Caleb Williams. That's true. Chris Collinsworth could not stop. He was like, you know what the difference is, Mike. Last week he looked out this week he just looks so much.
Speaker 1: More comfortable all night long. All Right, that one was bad. I still think you're right though about the Richardson one at the end of that game was worse. It was like one of the worst football games ever. And it was like they're trying to set up that hailberry like it.
Speaker 3: Was well, it wasn't. It wasn't only the announcers. As a matter of fact, DJN Southern Gent tweets about this because the announcers talking about Anthony Richardson arm On that final play had nothing on Scott Hansen's attemptect to connect with the boomer demographic of his audience by telling them.
Speaker 1: To quote, fire up your VCRs for this fire. If I caught that, ye likes the play record button.
Speaker 3: I believe he said, JJ Watering closes, I'm already tired of the Colts in epnes Gus Bradley must go second. Ar does have a cannon, but the play when he ran for the first down he came up limping appears to be a hip issue no one is talking about. I expect to see him on the injury report.
Speaker 1: Totally caught that myself. I thought maybe hammy or something like that. Yeah, keep an eye out for that one.
Speaker 3: Jack Eureka Minshew just a killer in Baltimore. Killed survivor Pools last year with that overtime win on Indianapolis as well. He says, this is from Brian m guessing the total for green Bay, Tennessee has to be mid to low thirties. Right, what is the total for green Bay, Tennessee?
Speaker 1: It is I believe thirty eight old thirty seven, oh anywhere between thirty six and a.
Speaker 3: Half and thirty seven there close. Bruce do Big and Malik Willis underpassing yards. Oh yes, yesterday was put your kid through college easy? Put your kid through college easy? On Sunday, someone should tell the Colts. Let's see, this is from James, so let me save Kelly the trouble. Don't rewatch the Browns Jags game unless you need to vomit. He says time management and penalties. The game shouldn't have been that close, but still came down to a Hail Mary somehow. And then New Jersey, New York says GVS is how many field goals yesterday in this league? He's quoting me because I was out loud. I was ruminating how many field goals yesterday in this league? Fun fact, the only team in Week two not to convert a field goal was the Giants, whose kicker Graham Gano was hurt with a hamstring injury, which probably saved certain books some money on every team in Week two to kick a field goal prop bets, Sure did. Mike Stacks have to laugh when I try to pick losers on millions to go for the Booby prize and then I somehow go four and one and sit at five and five. Yeah that'll happened.
Speaker 1: Ye Hey, Mike, just for first our weeks, and that's exactly what I did four and one last week, and then I'm somehow five and five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kevin Ryan Gil both the word matriculate and modicum cash and the opening monologue on ang The only thing left now is a discussion about the dynamic new kickoff rules. That's absolutely right, Brian m The fear with Billy Levi's leading the league in interceptions is Mason Rudolph sitting on the bench. He's not a major threat, but if the spiral downward continues, they'll have to make a change. And then Tim Thompson, Yeah, I think he's one.
Speaker 1: Of those guys.
Speaker 4: They're gonna give a lot of leash too.
Speaker 1: Though, like I think Levis is good, I think he's It did have to, it would have to get really bad for Mason.
Speaker 3: RUDOLPHI get in one more here. This is from Tim Thompson at for Dog Golfer Daddy says, fascinated by survivor curious if you think that the Thanksgiving and Christmas standalone weeks actually save some folks through the year who maybe avoid landmindes by quote unquote saving a Dallas or Baltimore. As an example, yesterday one it absolutely saves people. So yeah, for sure, that's a thing. It works both ways. Let's go continue on.
Speaker 1: Sunday, all right, still in the early window. Eagles at Saints.
Speaker 3: Eagles play tonight. We will get to the Eagles and the Falcons tonight. A J. Brown will be out of this game for the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The Saints are the Week two champions. If the title was given to the number one team in football after two weeks, you kind of have to give it to the Saints. After Dallas gets a touch back to the twenty, which, by the way, Scott Hansen just lost it on that. He's like, oh my god, this is an amazing thing what they did to get the touch back to the twenty because the ball landed in the in the zone and then it went and touched anyway twenty yard line.
Speaker 1: He's just really talking about, right, this is what Peziks talked about. So that's what you want the strategy tob Ideally.
Speaker 3: Hanson, you just thought he would have talked about it for seven hours. If they could a seven play, eighty yard drive for the Saints to start Kamara in from five to seven to nothing. Aubrey fifty two yardfield goal again, nobody misses field goals. New Orleans one play car to Shaheed for seventy fourteen to three New Orleans four h five left first quarter, fourteen play forty one yard Dallas drive, but it ends in an Aubrey thirty eight yardfield goal fourteen to six. You get the idea here, you see the pattern. New Orleans four play drive Karta Kamara for fifty seven almost all Yak twenty one to six New Orleans nine to thirty left of the second quarter, then Prescott to Lamb. The one moment for the Cowboys in this game was Prescott to Ceedee Lamb for sixty five, where Lamb caught it, stopped on a dime, and then ducked under two defenders and went to the house. Twenty one to thirteen New Orleans. That was your competitive portion of the ball game, because then after that New Orleans eleven plays seventy yards Kamara in from twelve twenty eight thirteen late second quarter, Dallas first intended their own forty nine with one h two left in the quarter, Dak picked by a Debot forty seven yard return set up to the Dallas twenty car to a lobby for nineteen then car in from one thirty five to thirteen. Aubrey would kick a forty eight yard or by the end of the half thirty five to sixteen. New Orleans. At the half and then third quarter, Dallas ten plays fifty one yards, Aubrey forty yard field goal after Dak was hit and fumbled. Tolbert with a great hustle play to recover and preserve the field goal, thirty five to nineteen, and then New Orleans thirteen plays seventy yards again Kamara in from seven forty one to nineteen. Oh the pat was blocked. There's one little thing for Dallas anyway. At that point, Derek carr Kelly had led scoring drives on all fifteen possessions of the season for the New Orleans Saints. Do we have a couple of New Orleans tweats by the way, final score forty four to nineteen. No, go on, New Orleans. Just absolutely blast the Cowboys. The Cowboys are every bit the bully that they were last year. Someone their own size comes in and picks on them, and they're just not They're not the same football team. They cannot handle prosperity. Dave Ross. The Cowboys cannot handle prosperity. Sorry, Dave, you want to make it personal, I say, in New Orleans minus two and a half hosting Philadelphia site unseen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is other rung team favors. Really, Eagles two two and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, buddy, I've seen enough for you. I've seen enough. Yes, indeed, that's a teaser like Philly's. Okay, we haven't seen Philly. We obviously don't know what's gonna happen tonight. That's interesting. So the Eagles still getting the benefit of doubt? Do we have the two?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: The Saints ones? The Saints have scored ninety one points in the first two weeks of the season. Ninety one points. That's near the most ever Kelly in the history of the National Football League. In fact, let me give you the exact number on this. I'll go to the phone to get this because I think, oh, there we go. The twenty twenty four Saints ninety one points tied for second only the two thousand and nine Saints, who scored ninety three. Have had more through the first two games of a season since the merger. The two thousand and nine Saints with ninety three and the seventy one Cowboys with ninety one both won the Super Bowl. Well you know what that means?
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously.
Speaker 3: And then the Derek Carr want did you get this, Derek Carr? This is like the Brock Purdy stat from last year where through two games quarterback efficiency. This is from Kevin Cole quarterback efficiency through Week two EPA per play points added here minimum twenty dropbacks. Derek Carr leads the league over Josh Allen Kyler, Murray Baker, Mayfield, Sam Darnold and everybody else. Oh, look at Jaden Daniels at number six.
Speaker 1: Howbout that?
Speaker 3: Anyway, there's your listen, Anthony Richards in sixteenth, Kelly, just want to point that out.
Speaker 1: Just behind you, Kobe. But how do you feel about this team? Like you're it, you're bought into this team?
Speaker 3: The Saints? Yeah, after yesterday, Yes, obviously after the first game against the Panthers. No, but after yesterday. The Cowboys are wildly talented.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are, they are.
Speaker 3: They are wildly talented on defense. Now, I will say this about the Cowboys. They got no running game.
Speaker 1: By what is with them? In the Bengals by the way, being like like we al it was a head scratcher in the off season when you're like, so you're just gonna like not go with the running back basically, and like you've seen it play out these first couple of.
Speaker 3: Weeks and it's yeah, it's that I but yeah, I'm kind of I'm kind of bought into Saints. Listen, you know who the Okay, we say the Saints are the big winner in the NFL after two weeks. Do you know who the numbers game winner is after two weeks of the season. Aaron from FTN Sports. We most of my previews, most of my thirty two previews that we did in the off season, I used a lot of Aaron shots FTN stuff. He came on this show and he said, the Saints are gonna win the division. People are off their scent. They just are boring, so no one likes them. Well, they haven't been boring so far with ninety one points. And the other thing he said is New England could win seven games. You know what Newing the could win sept Yeah, that's the way they're playing. He is, at least through two weeks of the NFL season. Aaron Shotts is your is your champion?
Speaker 1: I think the the one for me with the Saints. That's it's just still hard for me to get by. Is like, well, where was the where were the big changes? Right? That makes this team different from what we've seen the past couple of years. And I guess it's just all in the coaching now.
Speaker 3: Derek Carr looking great, only completed eleven forward passes eleven of sixteen for two forty three. Kamara twenty for one fifteen and three touchdowns on the ground, two catches for sixty five in another touch Shaheed four for ninety six and a touchdown. Four hundred and thirty two total yards against Dallas. More guessing lines, looking for value. Next, the numbers told.
Speaker 1: The story they always do.
Speaker 2: It's one of those idiots will believe in the analytics. This is a numbers game with Gil Alexander and con Vison.
Speaker 3: Our number two of a numbers game at Vison d Sports, Betty Network, Visa dot Com, Game plus, iHeartRadio YouTube TV. How are you taking us in? We appreciate it. It's Gil Alexander, it's Kelly Middlin produce a number nine. Oh much more than a producer, bouncer, co hosts. I don't really have those problems, man about town? What what do you?
Speaker 1: What do you? What'd you say?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: I don't really have those problem?
Speaker 4: We got doors these days.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hopefully, my bouncer. That's true.
Speaker 3: By the way, again, let me just say this about Survivor. Circus Survivor for those who missed it started this year with fourteen thousand, two hundred and sixty six entries all at one thousand dollars to pop. Fifty five to sixty four eliminated week one, four thousand and forty eliminated yesterday. Eagles have more than seven hundred on them tonight as well, so it could be more so in its entirety, not even through two weeks of the season. Sixty seven point three to two percent of entries eliminated every year now in recent years, Joe Pede points out, literally through three weeks it's always more than seventy percent, and it will be again this year.
Speaker 1: What were the surprises to you, yesterdir on just how many how many.
Speaker 4: Entries the team got.
Speaker 3: That's a great question as we show this here, because I got a couple of texts.
Speaker 1: I feel like every weekend and I'm surprised by what other people are surprised by.
Speaker 3: A lot of times Leaveta. He warned everybody, this is not the week to take the Ravens because there were more natural spot Not only did they play in Christmas, but there were more natural spots to play the Ravens. I was surprised that so many people had the onions to play the Chargers quite frankly, Okay, I was. I'm more surprised to answer your question, actually, Kelly, I'm more surprised that seven hundred and eighty five entries are on the Eagles tonight than anything.
Speaker 1: That's up there. For me, the Jaguars jumps out to me. Just maybe, look, it's not all that much Jaguars jumps out, but when you're saying, when you say they're the sixth most selected team, that was a little surprising to me.
Speaker 3: The Colts is kind of surprising too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Colts, by the way, one thirty nine on the on the commodes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: But but you know, again, you don't want to judge because listen, I may be through, but I'm certainly not. If you were power ranking the remaining you know, what is it, they're remaining four thousand, six hundred and sixty two survivor entries. I've gone Saints Texans. I'm not power ranked high, but the people who are through having picked the commodes, they would be power ranked much higher. Yeah, towards the top. So there's always that. All right, let's continue.
Speaker 1: What do we win? Still in the early window? Chargers at Steelers.
Speaker 3: Chargers at Steelers. All right, I want I do not want to focus on the Chargers at Steelers.
Speaker 1: So this is the the.
Speaker 3: Bad two and Oero Teams Bowl is what this is? Something's gotta give. One of these two teams is gonna be three and Oh. I don't want to focus on the Chargers. They play the Panthers. Can I just focus on the Panthers for a second? Carolina three and out? These are the Carolina drives. I'm gonna go through this. Carolina three and out, Carolina three and out minus two yards, Carolina three and out, Carolina three and out. Is this exciting second play? Subsequent drive, Bryce throws it into traffic picked by Moulden. Now Chargers are sort of scoring at their leisure while this is going on. So twenty to nothing by halftime, and then Carolina has a punt before the end of the half. They do get a field goal from Pinero to start the third, nicely done. They traded them twenty three to three. Then Bryce doesn't see a wide open theel and Downfield sacked three and out. Then another Carolina three and out. It's twenty six to three was the final. I really don't have anything to say about the Chargers other than they were playing the Panthers. So the Panthers have been just destroyed back to back weeks by the Saints and the Chargers. The Chargers held the Panthers to seven first downs, one of twelve on third down, and one hundred and fifty nine total yards. We'll get to the Panthers when it's their turn, but that's the Chargers side, and they played Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh beats Denver. I don't want to focus on Pittsburgh either. Let's let's just do this symmetrically. Here's Denver yesterday and again Pittsburgh and the Chargers deserve credit on their end, but you get the idea here. You're dealing in the Panthers, in the Broncos with two completely inept offenses, Denver's drives three and out, three and out, punt Denver on downs incomplete knicks to Franklin intended for Franklin fourth and seven at the Pittsburgh thirty eight second half, Denver three and out, Denver big play, now big blay Kelly Knicks to Williams for forty nine after Nicks to Sutton for twenty six on third and seven, but two plays later, second and goal with the six knicks picked by Trice in the end zone. Then Denver three and out, then down thirteen to nothing. Denver matriculates down thirteen fourth and six of the Pittsburgh sixteen. All right, Sean Payton, what are you doing? What is wrong with you? People seem to think you're a legendary great coach. Guess what. You never have been, he never will be. It's the second biggest lie told in sports. Again, what's the first one?
Speaker 1: Kelly?
Speaker 3: Oh no, yes you do. Do you pay attention to the show? Hega is not just a clay core tennis player.
Speaker 1: That's the first big one.
Speaker 3: The second one is that Sean Payton is some kind of great coach. Stop it. Sean Payton, who has never whispered anybody. He gotta whisper louder to bow Nicks, by the way, if he wants Knicks to be good. But Sean Payton, who got Drew Brees as a finished product, has never quarterback whispered anybody into success. Here's this game. They're down thirteen to nothing, Kelly, it's fourth and six of the Pittsburgh sixteen. They decide, with ten forty two left to kick a Lutz thirty five yard field goal. Thirteen to three. Okay, Denver three and out on their next drive. Then Denver, what twenty nine yard field goal? With one fifty four left. You're down ten. They kick the twenty nine yard field goal, but by the way, he barely makes thirteen to six Pittsburgh. Now Denver has so already the fact that he's kicking They kick the first field goal was already questionable. At that point. When you're down thirteen to nothing, it's like, okay, you're down two scores, Why are you kicking the field goal to make it thirteen to three. That's the first thing. You just try to avoid a shout out, Okay, what are we doing? So thirteen to six? The second field goal makes sense because then you cut it to a one score game. But Denver has one time out, down seven, we're talking less than two minutes left in the game. He does not declare an on sidekick, He does not say I do declare, So he kicks it away and then Denver ends up Even after a Pittsburgh wun, they end up at their own nineteen yard line with nine seconds left in the game.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: What are you doing? Sean Payton? Already know that you're a fraud, but now you're proving it to everybody. What are you doing? Sean Payton? Everybody? Anyways? Pittsburgh at Denver. So it's like, I don't excuse me, Chargers at Pittsburgh. I don't know what we know about either team because they played horrible offense. With you, I said, Pittsburgh minus three. I didn't know what else is.
Speaker 1: No, you're pretty close two to two and a half out there right now, two and a half up at Draft Kings for the Steelers, all right, which I don't know. It feels like a couple of those last week right where we're like, why isn't this three?
Speaker 3: But whatever, Mike Tomlin or Jim Harbaugh, one of them is gonna.
Speaker 1: Be three and they die of course, all right? Next game early win, No Broncos at Bucks.
Speaker 3: So Nick's finished Bonix twenty of thirty five for two forty six. They outgained Pittsburgh two ninety five to two fifty one. They were minus two and turnovers. Another game plagued by penalties nineteen total penalties for two oh two, nine of them for the Broncos for one to twenty four. Peyton could not have been happy with that. Tampa Bay beats Detroit six to six. Game. Let's pick it up in the second quarter, bardon me. Tampa Bay goes seventy yards Baker to Godwin for forty one, thirteen to six Tampa. Then Tampa gets it back third and seven at their own forty five Baker mayfield pick by branch. Late second quarter, Detroit starts at their own forty four. They're looking for a double dip. They matriculate. They get it to third and two at the Tampa Bay nine, no timeouts left and with seconds left, twelve men on the field on the golf spike. They have to do the runoff. So Detroit went all you know, went completely downfield and couldn't even get a field goal try off because of the penalty. Twelve men on the field. So Tampa's up seven. They go into the second half. Detroit ends up with a twelve play sixty eight yard drive six oh seven. Montgomery in from one after Saint Brown got hurt on a seventeen yard pickup on third and eight from the Tampa Bay eighteen, and then they punch it in the Montgomery touchdown sixteen to thirteen Detroit. Detroit actually leads here Tampa Tampa Bay immediately six plays seventy yards the other direction, Mayfield from eleven out twenty to sixteen Tampa Bay closing seconds of the third quarter. Then later after they trade a couple punts, Detroit matriculate second and sixteen at the Tampa Bay twenty eight. This is how the game ended. These are the three Detroit drives down the game. Detroit gets to the twenty eight second and sixteen golf picked by Izzian threw it right to him. Detroit gets the ball back fourth and eight at the Tampa Bay eleven. They turn it over on downs golf to Gibbs for five, and then they get it back again because Tampa Bay played the clock wrong, and they take over the Tampa Bay forty four with thirty three seconds left down in this game, but a chance to win it. They get to the twenty six spike. Incomplete, incomplete, incomplete ballgame, and eight hundred and fifty nine survivors are out with the Lions.
Speaker 1: So glad you ran through it like that, because that is the This was a biggest, one of the biggest takeaways from this game. This was just more Lions shooting themselves in the foot of time and time and time again than the Bucks really really going in there and winning this ball game.
Speaker 3: The Lions outgained the Buccaneers four sixty three to two sixteen, largely because of that last drive on the first half that they botched with the penalty and those last three dogs where they kept driving and kept failing.
Speaker 1: Baker Mayfield at Texas so many it's like kind of like Tony Romo. Now it feels like like old school Tony Romo. Do you get those vibes at all? Think about it, Like it's like a gamer, you know what I mean, Like he'll like run for no reason. Sometimes you don't know if the ball is gonna be a touchdout at it or reception.
Speaker 3: Bucks have got to be at least a seven point I said seven on the button against Denver.
Speaker 1: So right now it is six and a half. Mainly there are some sevens out there.
Speaker 4: I aid the six and a half last night.
Speaker 3: So far I only like New England based on these numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't. I can't get behind what Peyton's doing there with bo Nicks.
Speaker 3: If Antonio Pearce was we do this thing on the megapod called Dumbo of the Wakens Toddsword. Antonio Pierce was clearly that in Week one against the Chargers with his horrible fourth down decisions. Sean Payton clearly that in week two?
Speaker 1: I agree?
Speaker 3: Did he was? He just gave up? Was that he didn't understand what was happening? What was that?
Speaker 1: I guess I would like to think this is that kid? I guess.
Speaker 3: Well, the first field goal was, what are you doing? You need two scores because whenever you get an opportunity to cut a two score game to a two score game, Sean Payne, you obviously have to do that, which he did.
Speaker 4: The Colts did that too.
Speaker 3: And then but the on side kicked under two minutes with one time out, Like, I just have no idea what you're doing. Yes, he just gave the game away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I'm with you. There's a lot of that team I can't trust and this Bucks team's looked. They had a lot of injuries yesterday and that might be a factor again next week. But you know, they didn't look bad as much as I said. That was more of the Lions given that game away and then it look bad. All right.
Speaker 3: What have you bet so far in these games?
Speaker 1: Just to I'm very light this week so far?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Bucks Titans I mentioned, Yeah, Bucks and tit Titans money line and Bucks I laid six and a half.
Speaker 3: With New England is the only one so far the Thursday night game.
Speaker 1: It's definitely not a like openers yesterday. I didn't go crazy bet all, even the ones I bet they were pretty low.
Speaker 3: Well so far. Again, the point of this whole exercise, and I hope you're playing along with us, is to try to extract value from the first look of lines. And that's the only one so far that I see value. We got a whole bunch more to get to, including uh.
Speaker 1: Your Saint's Eagles too.
Speaker 3: Saint's Eagles, Oh yeah, yeah, that one too. Saint singles right where I thought there was a wrong team favorite, that would be the other one correct. So those two Patriots and Saints thus far. We continued whole bunch of afternoon games. It's a numbers game at Visa the Sports Betting.
Speaker 2: Network, Numbers game on VAI the Sports Vetting Network.
Speaker 3: Do not, and I mean do not forget to check out our website Vsin dot Com Best Bets, Betting, slit's exclusive articles, odds by state, betting tools, betting guides. It's all there. Front page JVT College Football Week four line moves. Zach Cohen on tonight's Falcons Eagles game. We'll get to that momentarily as well. Greg Peterson on the Phillies and the Brewers Man baseball with less than two weeks left now getting real good, Braves and Mets still tied for the number three wildcard position. We know there are other sports going on, but on Monday mornings we like to tug the NFL. Check it all out at FI send dot com a breath of sports. What is oh? Let me read some tweets. Let me read a couple of tweets. Bobby Knuckles, can you have Kelly demonstrate how to whisper louder? Yes?
Speaker 1: Why did we say that?
Speaker 3: I said Sean Payton better whisper louder because people call him the quarterback whisper I'm like.
Speaker 1: That is a that is a that is a former guilt producer specialty. That is the Jeff Parrel specialty. I've never seen anybody whisper so loud in my entire life.
Speaker 3: And Jeff Pearls doesn't only whisper loud, though, but then he gets he gets in your ear, and then he continues to move slowly back behind you. So you find yourself doing it here a wet it's.
Speaker 1: Very very whispered, trails off. It's you know, I just like, Jeff, why.
Speaker 3: Are you moving? Brian m Ne. Next, we need for tennis. In an old time he voice, I do declare thou hast been walked over as the advancing player steps over the withdrawid player. And then a rat City is using anyone against the Panthers and survivor should never be a tough decision. It would literally be like having either of you guys lining up at quarterback. Well, first of all, rat City, I resent the second part of that, Kelly could absolutely And secondly, I think rat City, I think you're right. I think after two weeks we can all say that the point was after one week, I wasn't prepared to say that, but now undred percent.
Speaker 1: You're right. Also, what is like like real quick with bad quarterbacks like Mollie Quills? Right, Okay, they got the game, they won the game yesterday. But why why sign a guy that you're not confident throwing the ball? Like, why is your backup quarterback? You're not? You have no confidence whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Overall quarterback play in this league.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, it's crazy. All right, we are into the afternoon window four oh five Eastern Panthers and the Raiders.
Speaker 3: Panthers at the Raiders. Raiders are going to be a popular survivor play Bryce. By the way, yesterday for the Panthers, eighteen of twenty six for eighty four. Again, they were held the seven first downs, one of twelve on third and one hundred and fifty nine total yards. They also, for good measured nine penalties.
Speaker 1: For now, how do you have eighteen completions for eighty four yards? Oh boy, well, you know, Kelly, I'm just gonna do the math real quick. That is south of five yards per attempt or per completion, I should say. Okay, Raiders beat the Ravens.
Speaker 3: This sort of snuck up on it because the you know, it was a field goal tradeoff thing.
Speaker 1: It was nine.
Speaker 3: It was nine to six Baltimore at the half, and then and then lamar Yeah at a six play seventy yard drive. The Ravens did Lamar to Flowers from eight out thirteen to three Baltimore eleven forty two left in the third quarter. Then Lamar second and six is own forty four a little later picked by Spelane. That set up the the Raiders at the plus forty six seven plays and then Alexander Madison in from one sixteen to thirteen Baltimore late third quarter, but Baltimore comes back nine plays seventy six yards Henry in from three twenty three to thirteen Baltimore twelve eleven left in the fourth quarter, and Baltimore Ravens survivor players are probably like, Eh, we.
Speaker 1: Got this, No sweat Raiders. I'm a little worried about covering a Gil, but not that much. I've got him in a bunch of teasers. Not that, by the.
Speaker 3: Way, I got so many problem I got so many Antonio Pierces looking for you in the building tweets asterday. I was like, I know he is Carlson twenty five yard field goal twenty three to sixteen Baltimore nine twenty one left fourth quarter. Then after a Baltimore three and out, Baltimore all of a sudden couldn't do anything. Vegas nine plays seventy yards third and goal to Baltimore seventeen, and they call a PI on Stevens in the end zone versus Adams.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was why thought that was dicey?
Speaker 3: Yeah to Minshee to Adams from one out and we are tied at twenty three with three fifty four to go. But surely Lamar Jackson the Ravens could take care of business. Nope, Crosby sacks Lamar on first down. It's a three and out and the Raiders take over the Baltimore forty three with two twenty one to go. Carlson thirty eight yard field goal good, twenty seven seconds left. Baltimore never flirts with field goal range. Pitchy, pitchy, woo woo fails. Someone on Twitter was saying, like, Lamar could have just kept running and he might have had a shot at it, and instead he just like sent it backwards for no reason. Anyway, Raiders with a big upset over the Ravens. Two thousand, three hundred four Survivor entries out alone in circa. On the Ravens, Minshew was thirty of thirty eight for two seventy six.
Speaker 1: And they were I think good on Antonio Pierce it was halftime and instead thrown out the game plan. We're slinging the ball around with Minshew after in the second half, and it worked.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he was talking to Delicious or what was going.
Speaker 1: On, Like, I can't believe that worked, but it worked. Minshee throwing the ball around just worked.
Speaker 3: On the Ravens d thirty for thirty eight for two seventy six. They were out gained by Baltimore three eighty three to two sixty one, fifty one to twenty seven on the ground didn't matter. Adam's nine for one ten, I'll say the Raiders by seven.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if you had the same reaction when Justin Tucker missed that field goal that I did.
Speaker 3: But Justin Tucker has now missed a field goal in both games.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it was Oh, I'm sure that won't come back to batter at all. Okay, line on this one, we have you are dead on Raiders seven.
Speaker 3: Everywhere who had through two weeks of the NFL season no kicker will ever miss a field goal except for Justin Duckle.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, man, I like it started happening last year. I really thought it was just so like a golf swing. Right, it's a little broken. He'll fix it in the off season.
Speaker 3: Nope, that this is the thing now apparently next All right, these are all afternoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're four oh five Eastern Time Dolphins at the Seahawks.
Speaker 3: All right, we uh Dolphins on extra rest. They lose to the Bills on Thursday night. Skyler Thompson is now your starting quarterback and Seattle, as we talked about, they win. They're two and o now right Seattle Seahawks two and oh under presumptive coach of the year Mike McDonald. Hope he wills it into existence. G know, by the way, thirty three or forty four for three twenty seven in the Seahawks win yesterday, I said, Seahawks by four and a half.
Speaker 1: Am I light, You're light. It's coming down knowing So I don't know, Okay, I got anywhere between five and a half and six and a half on the board right now. DraftKings is at six and a half, So you were light compared to the six DraftKings.
Speaker 3: Six and a half feels large.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is. This one's gonna be interesting to monitor though, because I I'm with you that like six and a half feels large.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: But what are we There's a lot of injuries to monitor here. Yep. Do we know for sure?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's to it definitely out.
Speaker 3: Do we know that for sure? We do not one hundred percent know that.
Speaker 1: But no, I think he is.
Speaker 3: But the National Football League, for all they're talking about protecting players and concussion protocol whatever that is, cannot allow to play in this game. I cannot.
Speaker 1: I would think he's missing it too.
Speaker 3: But I'm not saying he's done. He has no plans to retire. I'm not telling him to retire. I'm just saying the next game you cannot play it, Like come.
Speaker 1: On, yeah, all right?
Speaker 4: I would think so.
Speaker 1: Sorry for Ravens and Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Lamar twenty one of thirty four for two forty seven in defeat Dak twenty seven of thirty nine for two ninety three in defeat Dallas by two and a half.
Speaker 1: This is no, this is an interesting one. I have the same thought you did. Ravens one one and a half Raven's rude favorite.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is one of those where I'm guessing what I think the market will have. I kind of almost more agree with the Ravens part, but I cannot believe the Ravens are favorites.
Speaker 1: I had the same thought you did, wow me and you were lockstep on this. I thought I thought it'd be Cowboys. Maybe not. I mean, like, we're kind of not consequential numbers here. I thought it was gonna be like Cowboys one and a half.
Speaker 3: Something like that, I thought. I mean, I listen, I'm not running to bet this because I actually like the Ravens better than I do the Cowboys. Me too, I like the Patriots and the Saints better in the other games. But I'm surprised that this is a Ravens opener as the favorite.
Speaker 1: There's a couple one and a halves out there like this is Cowboys and a teasers. Interesting to me?
Speaker 3: Yep, it is that. I want to do one more.
Speaker 1: Here, Yeah, let's do one more. All right? We are still four twenty five Eastern time, forty nine ers at rams ooh spill.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this is the Rams. I don't even know what you do with this team, they have so many injuries that it's just ridiculous. San Francisco loses. They fall to one in one the Rams, as we mentioned, well, we haven't mentioned the Rams San Francisco without CMC SMC now on IR. Christian McCaffrey. Purdy was twenty eight of thirty six for three nineteen in defeat. He only threw eight incompletions, but he was sacked six times and he lost to Fumble Mason twenty for one hundred and second straight one hundred yard game for him. Deebo eight for one, ten Kittle seven for seventy six in a touchdown didn't matter. Vikings beat him. The Rams got absolutely housed by the Arizona Cardinals forty one to ten. And this is one of these games again the competitive portion was early. Rams had a fourth and two on the opening drive. It was is not in the opening drive, but the Rams, oh yeah, it was fourth and two at Arizona forty one. Stafford to Cup for one, so they turned it over on downs. Arizona immediately six play sixty yards Kyler to Marvin Harrison Junior from twenty three out touchdowns seven to nothing. Arizona. Remember the Marvin Harrison Junior. The Marvin Harrison junior only got four targets and one catch last week. And who Kyler Murray completely didn't see in the end zone that could have beaten the Bills LA three and out Arizona one play, sixty yards Kyler Harrison Junior great to dive into the end zone fourteen to nothing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this guy's pretty good. Actually yeah.
Speaker 3: After another Rams three and out Arizona third and five of their own seventeen Kyler to Harrison for thirty two. At this point in the game, he had four catches for one hundred and thirty yards. By the way, that was his closing box score number. Also never caught another pass twenty one to nothing Arizona later because that was a thirteen to play ninety nine yard drive in the end Kyler n Higgins from eighteen out. Anyway, that's all you need to know. It was twenty one and nothing there, It was, you know what, twenty four to three at the half. They did call a pass uncatchable. I just want to note in this game Stafford for Johnson in the end zone, a flag came out, but the pass was ruled uncatchable. So apparently after three years where they never called uncatchable. Now all of a sudden they can call it in certain games.
Speaker 1: So what's funny is like I have a sort of different like I think they need to throw that flag more off. But the problem is they're never consistent with that. As we ever asked. All we ever asked is kids.
Speaker 3: There was a play last night in the Texans game where Mike Tarico and Chris Chris Collinsworth was trying to make a catch catchable yeah, when it was clearly not like Tarico laughed and it was like, well, I don't know, you'd have to be something, specially with the catch level. Anyway, they went up thirty one to three. They end up winning forty one to ten. They outscored the rams Are outgained them for eighty nine to forty five, Niners by seven on the road against a mash unit.
Speaker 4: Forty nine seven out to seven and a half.
Speaker 3: In a couple of plays, Cup had to leave the game. The Coup was out five to stead line and their line is off is just completely decimated. Four games to get to guessing lines.
Speaker 2: Next the Numbers game on the Sports Betting Network.
Speaker 3: Back on a numbers game, Numeros was listening in Spanish. Skill Alexander. Kelly Bidlin right here on the Numbers game and vs in the Sports Betting Network live from Circa guessing lines for week number three in the National Football League. Tweets at beating the book always appreciated. Let's see Charlie d USA number one. Gill, you're locked in, great work as always with KB. Kevin Burkhard is here.
Speaker 1: Oh, Kelly Bidlin, A.
Speaker 3: Joe named Jim says, my first Hamilton Madison mashup of the twenty four season. Great weight open the week. Thank you for noticing. I appreciate that. Jeff Schwartz. Oh, I'm glad you brother this. Thank you, Jeff Schwartz. This is great through two weeks. Getting to what we were talking about with Justin Tucker, He says, Justin Tucker, Oh for two from fifty plus the rest of the league, the rest of the league thirty five of thirty seven from fifty plus yards. That cannot be real. It cannot be real.
Speaker 1: The other two.
Speaker 3: Misses Matt Gay yesterday coming back from hernia surgery and kad Yorke, who was cut after week one. Wow, we were talking about this yesterday on the group thread, like a forty seven yard are on grass when we were growing up was iffy, and if it was like at Heinz Field, you were more likely to miss. It's right now, it's like fifty three, fifty nine, fifty seven. We're gonna get to a game here with the Chiefs. The non chalance with which Andy Reid and the Chiefs settled for a fifty one yard game winning field goal was unbelievable to me. And he's like, yeah, I'll just I'll just kno, get.
Speaker 1: Through this sit. Weirder to you, though, Is it weirder to you how many of these kicks were taking at fifty plus and making or that justin Tucker is one of the ones we have to keep mentioning is failing the former still, because it's just amazing how nobody misses nobody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're not particularly close.
Speaker 4: I'm amazed by the Tucker thing, though, Like it is weird.
Speaker 3: Russell Ambrose Survivor Guess Most Popular in order. He's guessing what's going to be the most popular Survivor picks next week. Oh okay, he says, Raiders versus the Panthers, Number one, Chiefs versus the Falcons, which we haven't gotten to. We'll get to at number two. Browns versus the Giants three. Yeah, that's up there. Jets versus the Patriots four.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't agree with that.
Speaker 3: And then the Seahawks versus the Dolphins without two of five. Interesting choices. All right, let's get through the end of the rest.
Speaker 1: For twenty five Eastern Time Lions at Cardinals.
Speaker 3: So we talked about lose to the Buccaneers. The Lions now one in one on the young season, Goff thirty four of fifty five for three to ZH seven, Saint Brown eleven for one to nineteen. Hutchinson with five agent Aiden Hutchinson. I forgot to mention this four and a half sacks in a forced fumble indible. Again they outgained Tampa Bay four sixty three to two sixteen and the most deceiving box score you'll ever see, because again end of first half they botched that last drive and then the last three drives they matriculate and then fail on all of them either through interception or turnover on downs and Arizona. Arizona goes to one and one with their crushing, their just absolute destruction of the Rams. The banged up rams. Kyler was seventeen of twenty one for two sixty six for three touchdowns. Uh he had a perfect passer rating. Kyler Murray with a one to fifty eight point three perfect passer rating. He was also five for fifty nine on the ground.
Speaker 1: He's this offense is damn good. I think this might be an automatic overplay for behind the Cardinals every game here until until these numbers. Bought about a little bit.
Speaker 3: I said, Detroit minus two and a half on the road.
Speaker 1: It is three right now, open three and a half most places.
Speaker 3: Too much.
Speaker 1: I bet Cardinals at three and a half yesterday. I took the three and a half. Was about to bet the over on this game, but I'm gonna let this total settle in. It's fifty one to fifty two right now. I will go over fifty.
Speaker 4: One, though, so I'll probably have two plays in this game Cardinals.
Speaker 3: And by the way, that sound you heard is me banging on the table, because it's a bet I would have probably made had I not done the kiss.
Speaker 1: Would you bet at three though? I mean obviously not as much as probably not. Okay, next we are Sunday night, now, Chiefs and Falcons.
Speaker 3: All right, Chiefs and Chiefs and Bengals yesterday, we haven't gotten that game. Great game, Kansas City, one of the few, one of the few good ones. Right, Butker nineteen yard field goal to tie the game up at three. That was after McPherson twenty two yarder. That was a fourth and one that the Chiefs get a fourth and one conversion at the three three, then first and goal at the two. Pacheco no gain, Pachecko, no gain. Mahomes to Pacheco for one, fourth and goal at the one. Read ops for the kick. You thought that? Do you think that was a little weird? I was like, what are you doing with this? Him and Demiko Ryans both that's late first quarter? Then Kansas City next time they get the ball back first and tenth their own twenty nine Mahomes picked by Davis Gaylor, sets up Cincinnati at Kansas City thirty one. Seven plays later, Burrow to Yoshivas, Yo, how do you pronounce his name again? Yoshikva gosh I No, I had it yesterday, and now I can't do it all of a sudden because I'm from four out ten to three. Cincinnati twelve oh four Yoshivas by the way is how you pronounce it. Twelve oh four left in the second quarter. Kansas City came right back those six play seventy yards Mahomes de Rice for forty four, ten to ten. It would be it would be sixteen to ten at the half Cincinnati after they added a couple of field goals one fumble for the Chiefs and then that's set up the second one of those. So sixteen to ten Cincinnati at the half. Then second half Kansas City thirteen play seventy cards. Six thirty nine was the total time in the drive Mahomes to Morris from one out seventeen to sixteen Chiefs eight twenty one left.
Speaker 1: Third quarter.
Speaker 3: This is back and forth. Cincinnati first played Burrow to Burton for forty eight. That led to a fourth and goal of the three Burrow to Yoshivas touchdown twenty two seventeen Cincinnati to sixteen left in the third quarter. McPherson p eighteen, no good when he should have gone for two. Anyway to go up seven or try to go up seven. He says, nah, you know, Zach Taylor's like, I like six better than seven. Let's get an extra point and he misses it. Serves him right. Kansas City last night, that was weird too.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: I don't know what these coaches are doing, man, I just don't. Kansas City last play, third quarter, camp Taylor Bred an amazing one handed pick of Mahomes ridiculous, and then Cincinnati with a third and ten of their own thirty four. Burrough sacked by Dan and Wharton. He fumbles, I guess, recovered by Connor thirty eight yards of the house, and all of a sudden, the Chiefs lead again, twenty three to twenty two. Their two point conversion fails. Burrow seemed to know that he fumbled it. We never really got a great shot.
Speaker 1: I felt the same way. Yeah, I never thought there was a great shot, And if it would have been called the other way, I thought it would have stood for sure. But Mahomes poker face bro like Burrow, sorry, yeah, yeah, poker face. He acted completely like it was a fumble, so it must have been. But live it didn't look like a fumble. Little. I think all the replays too, I was like, I don't know that's out for sure.
Speaker 3: Anyway, they let it stand. Twenty three, twenty two, Kansas City, fourth quarter, Cincinnati gets in field goal range, headed for maybe more. Officials miss another hip drop tackle. Chase gets in the officials face not once, but twice. He gets flagged front sportsman like yep, stupid Burrow does well to get since he back infield goal range. McPherson sinks it from fifty three because of course he does. Fifty three chip shot twenty five, twenty three Cincinnati. Then after a couple uh after they trade punts, Kansas City takes over with two thirty five to go at their own I have the let yard line here and all their timeouts. They get it fourth and six at their own forty five. Fourth and six of their own forty five, again, down two points, they get a hold on Hendrickson, Hendrickson trying to sack Mahomes. They hold him, so it's fourth and sixteen now from their own thirty five.
Speaker 1: This is it.
Speaker 3: You make one play, you win the game, Cincinnati, right, Mahomes heaves it. He gets a pi on Anthony and it was a pi by the way, he got there too early.
Speaker 1: But it was just like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: This is how the Bengals are gonna lose. And then, as I said earlier, then they're super nonchalant about They're like, eh, let's just say, you know, Butker, let's settle for the fifty one yard er here, good easy get down the middle. Ball game twenty six to twenty five Kansas City. I left that game feeling so weird about it. I was like, did that just happen? They're like, eh, fifty one yards, no problem. Twenty six twenty five Chiefs beat the Bengals. Bengals go to h and two. Chiefs now to no. This is Chiefs at Atlanta. We'll talk about Atlanta in a moment. Atlanta plays tonight against the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Real quick. Just want to follow up on a Chief's injury note too, Yes, broken fibula and the word is out four or a good amount of time. I'd be like, man, I would think that season. They're saying weeks right now, but I would think that season also, just we'd mentioned it a couple of times. Joe Mixon, I guess I missed this last night. He be not happy about all the missed hip drop tackles, the tackles that have not been called today.
Speaker 3: Joe Mixon is remember this week, we actually did a segment on it in the offseason like, Oh, the hip drop, it's gonna be a big thing. Nope, not at all, not yet. I say, Kansas City, Mine is four and a half sight unseen on the falcon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are spot on on that one. I believe, yes, four and a half. Every book that has a post and that I'm saying right now has four and a half to what the first of two Monday night games? So both Okay, we squeeze this in seven to thirty Eastern Jaguars at Jaguars at Bills Lawrence fourteen of thirty and defeat for two twenty Buffalo on Thursday Night extra rest here cook, Remember was the big band eleven for seventy eight, two touchdowns on the ground, one catch for seventeen in a touchdown, They were plus three and turnovers.
Speaker 3: I put it in no man's land, I said, Buffalo minus five and a half against Jacksonville. I don't know what we know about Jacksonville, and I of course am not convinced about Buffalo myself, because they beat the Cardinals, who they could have very easily lost to, and they beat the Dolphins team where Toua was making bad decisions and then Tool wasn't in at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is what three and a half, three and a half on the look ahead opened a lot of places yesterday about five got up to six, back down now to five and a half. Move five and a half. Six is split right now on Buffalo.
Speaker 3: It shouldn't be more than six, should they?
Speaker 1: I agree? Man, I don't trust this Jacksonville team at all, but this is this is getting to a point where it's it's a lot of points. What's the second Monday night game? Second Monday Night Commanders at Bengals.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm surprised. The gentleman on Twitter, Russell Ambrose was Russell Ambrose. I believe he said he didn't include this in his is fit. You know thinks well, he's gonna be the most popular survivor. I think this will be perhaps the most popular survivor, if not the Raiders.
Speaker 4: This side is getting that out of control.
Speaker 3: Jayden Daniels twenty three of twenty nine for two twenty six. He got sacked five times ten for forty four on the ground, He's probably been the best of the rookie quarterbacks, but he and that wasn't that great. And then Burrow yesterday and defeed twenty three of thirty six for two fifty eight. I said Cincinnati minus seven and a hook seven and a half seven seven.
Speaker 1: The hooks were an open most places. Gil Circa's out to nine on this game, right, I believe I believe it.
Speaker 3: I think the Bengals. I know they got a lot of people in a week one, including myself with some entries. Yeah, I think they're going to be the most popular survivor. Pick I do well, maybe the Raiders and then the thing coming back thoughts on Monday night Tonight.
Speaker 2: Numbers game on VSAI, the Sports Vetting Network.
Speaker 3: Don't forget after a numbers game at the top of the hour, month moves with Stormy bond at Tony. Our relationship with Stormy is like a three and a half minute.
Speaker 1: A day relationship.
Speaker 3: Hey, Stormy, are shop feeling story with Jeff Schwartz. Jeff is on with her every Monday and Friday. So it's Stormy and Jeff coming up at noon Eastern for two hours, and then after that prop points from John Hanson and then make It Rain with Adam Shin VSA and the Sports Vetting Network Skill Alexander, it's Kelly Bidlin guessing last for week three, we've actually guessed them all. I think I like the Patriots and the Saints the most of that group, at least as they stand right now. Usually the first reactions are the best before we get into the Monday night game. I just want to say a couple of things about some of these. Again, the way too early ruminations about awards. But you asked the question when we do are we sure? On Friday you asked a question about Rookie of the Year and Rookie the Year. Whenever we do segments about Rookie of the Year in the offseason, I believe correctly say, well, if you're a quarterback who's going to play most snaps or if not every snap for a team, you're obviously in the Catbirds Sea to win Rookie of the Year. None of these quarterbacks, now, I know, Chris collins Worth gushed over Caleb Williams last night. I think Jaden Daniels has probably been the best of the rookies through two weeks. But even Jayden Daniels, and I'm a Washington fan, right, even Jaden Daniels, I kind of feel like he's on almost too comfortable, and he's like I'm gonna run, you know, and I get it. He's his offensive line is terrible. Things break down. I don't know what to make of him after two weeks because I don't know where it's offensive line problems or that he's running too quickly. He kind of was told that after week one, probably don't run as much because I don't know if that he's gonna be able to hold up having this many carries every game.
Speaker 1: It's so tough. It's so tough to manage. He's running quarterbacks like that, because I like, you want him to play his game, but it's almost like you don't want him to play his game this first year because what You're gonna have a ton of losses anyway, So we don't want you out there running all that much, right, Like, it's, uh, how do you tell a quarterback that? Right?
Speaker 3: But I mean, Washington's not a very good football team, even though they're one and one. After that, they only win that game in my opinion, because Graham Gono couldn't kick for the Giants. That's it. They came down to that. So there's that. I think the question you asked was, are we sure that a quarterback is going to win Rookie of the Year and I'm not so sure. I don't know. I think Offensive Player of the Year because very interesting this year. Also, there's a lot of random players that have started out really well who we wouldn't necessarily have talked about. We brought Nico Collins earlier as one of those kind of names.
Speaker 1: Why I got to do it? Kill? How good did he look? Did that connection look in the first quarter of your right? Easy? This should be easy. Rest of the way here. The Bears can't do anything on offense, it should be easy. Nope, we'll go over a bunch of these tomorrow because there has been some major movement in the awards markets. Rookie of the Year though short shots are now Marvin Harrison Junior at Jayden Daniels at plus two to fifty.
Speaker 3: Well, Jayden Daniels has been number two the whole way through, yes, but to number two to Caleb Williams mostly off season, and now to Marvin Harrison.
Speaker 1: Jam Williams drops two plus three to fifty leak neighbors plus seven to fifty.
Speaker 3: If none of those quarterbacks do anything and Marvin Harrison keeps like scoring two you know, easy psy touchdowns, I mean, one of which was dramatic. I guess yesterday with a dive, he will win it. Yeah, he will absolutely win it.
Speaker 1: I think those two, Okay, bold prediction type. I think it comes down to these two that are at the top right now because it's Jade Daniels obviously is the health factor, but he's gonna have the rushing yards, and I think he's going to be able to win this out over the other quarterbacks that are involved. And then like you're talking about wait what I just say about Arizona, Like I'm betting overs until like I feel like there's a reason to stop with them because the defense is terrible and they're gonna They're gonna make the offense continue to pass the ball over and over again in these games. And Harrison's one of their leading receivers.
Speaker 3: You know what name we didn't mention on this list. I'm laughing because you're you're so animated by brock Bowers. Twenty five to one. He had a coming out party yesterday for the Jets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's even down to twenty one right now this morning, So he's getting bet you know.
Speaker 3: You know, you know it's absolutely not winning it. Bow Knicks is not winning this.
Speaker 4: He is not.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean that, I like ran to lay six and a half of the bucks when I saw that opener.
Speaker 4: That is painful, not.
Speaker 3: Unless Sean Payton can whisper louder.
Speaker 1: How did we did? How did this get this guy? Get this kid get crowned into the NFL when he was like twelve years old? Like, how was he on the same career path as like Peyton Manning? Oh bick, Yeah, like I was, you know, coming out of high school into college like he's going to be incredible.
Speaker 3: He was great at Oregon, but it was at no point during the season did anybody at least I didn't, I'll speak for myself. At no point during the season was like, oh there's a pro quarterback. No, no, he did. And then when the brug was drafted him twelve you I can't believe you can described him as great at Oregon. He was, he was, he was, He did what he had to do, but it was all short passes, right, I'd go very good, okay, on a very good team. I'm not gonna quibble. I'm not gonna quibble with that. The point being, at no point did you think he was going to be a great pro quarterback? And you know what, do you know he's throwing short passes. We couldn't have seen that coming. So funny with Survivor, Like I just want to say this again, Survivor. When you're involved in Survivor, it's it's really amazing how nothing else matters. And with with folks who are listening, it's incredible the ratio of Survivor tweets we get versus now, Brian Eaton, I'm surprised, you know, for some Vivor none of the listeners had mentioned Tampa Bay over Denver. In Week three. Jeded O'Connor says, you know, he had one. Oh, Scotty B seven twenty six at San Francisco has to be a top two Survivor pick. This week, Jed O'Connor talking about, you know, how how are people using Christmas plays? I use the Texans because I just didn't want to use the Chargers. That was a tough week.
Speaker 1: Week two, that was a tough week. I mean, yeah, here's here's the scary part of gil. This week feels a whole lot easier.
Speaker 3: With all these options go wrong. What could go wrong? Possibly Monday Night Football Falcons at the Eagles tonight, No AJ Brown for the Eagles. Seven hundred and eighty five Circus survivor entries are on the Eagles, so I will be rooting heavily for the Falcons to have seven hundred and eighty four entries eliminated.
Speaker 1: Sorry about that, guys, I got no bet, but I think I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I have no bet. That'll be my rooting interest. I just want to bring up a tweet that we brought up last week after the Falcons game. Can we do this? This is about This is from Field Yates, and Field Yates just accurately said when the Falcons lost to the Steelers. This is from ESPN stats and information. The Falcons were in pistol against the Steelers last week, or shotgun ninety six percent of their snaps in that game ninety six percent of the twenty two snaps out of shotgun. The Falcons had zero designed runs, so shotgun they telegraphed the pass literally right and by the way, this tweet continued when they were in pistol, over eighty percent was a run, so they were completely predictable. This is this is a Zach Robinson, their offensive coordinator, for them to be successful against the Eagles. AJ Brown not playing or not for the Eagles. On offense, the Falcons have got to be more creative, like you just can't like here's what we're gonna do saving and stop it, like you gotta be better.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They had videos circulating all week of Kirk taking snaps under center that felt a sort of forced almost like, Ay, the reporters are out here, takes some snaps under center. Yeah yeah, I know one of the reporters that was out there wouldn't she wouldn't admit to that, but it was. It felt very very planned.
Speaker 3: I mean, I will say this, and I'm weeping because I'm so emotional, but I will say this. You know, if yesterday was a guide or a lesson to all of us and anything, the Falcons shouldn't be this. I mean, the Eagles shouldn't be this big of a favorite over the Falcons. Correct, they should absolutely not be this big of a favorite. I know the Eagles have extra rest here. There is that as well heading into this game because they played the Friday night game against the Packers lest we forget. So there's that. But and it's a home game, but I don't think it should be this this big of a spread. And you know, I do want to bring this up also, and this is just my own personal crusade about again, he's a guy who ruptured not one but two achilles and everybody saying, well, Aaron Rodgers doesn't look as mobile as he has and Kirk Cousin certainly did in week one, and oh it's the achilles? Are you all the same people who were acting like those guys who come back last year? Remember the thing with Aaron Rodgers? And I was screaming about that, Yeah, like can we talk about these hacked doctors and Aaron Rodgers himself who thought he was going to come back last year? It was always a and I went crazy about it last year and I couldn't stand that. But they'll be fine this year. It's just a mental thing for them.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Physically they are okay, they've had enough time there. Their achilles' legs are actually physically more intact than they were the way that God gave it to them with a surgical repair now at this point, so physically it shouldn't be an issue over time, but there's going to be a mental hurdle to it. Once then they have to get comfortable, and you're just human that that that happens with these kinds of catastrophic injuries. But they're but you know, but they're old, and age was going to be a factor any so that's always going to be so with the Achilles makes for an easy sort of excuse. But Aaron Rodgers is you know, north of forty, so you know Kirk Cousins will see what he can do. But yes, the very first thing about this game, if the Falcons are to be successful, you must disguise some stuff on the offense for God's sakes.
Speaker 1: They really do. And he was always so successful how to play action too, So that's how that part missing has been disappointed. He was just looking up. I did bet over on DeVante Smith's receiving prop yesterday, was before aj Brown news came out, So don't want to give a bad number, but I'll tell the I'm just looking at the receiving props right now. These do not add up fully to what Jalen Hurts is expected to pass for. So is some value out there on some overs on the.
Speaker 3: Explain what you just did last thirty seconds? So what you did is you you took Jalen Hurts's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just looking at it. What is passing prop is two thirty and a half and run.
Speaker 3: Tried to see if the receiving yards added up, and.
Speaker 1: It does not add up. So there are so there are some value at least on some over overs on these receivers.
Speaker 3: Listening to draftings sometimes that's a very good, simple exercise to go through.
Speaker 1: So I kind of just saw the Eagles receivers they had listed, and don't get me wrong, this is this is part of it.
Speaker 4: They're only listing like four guys.
Speaker 1: You know that more than four guys are going to catch a ball.
Speaker 3: I would you know? I would not. I don't have a bet right now in the account full disclosure, but I would not be surprised if by gametown I have a Falcon svet because that's a lot of points. Tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll live. I might look live.
Speaker 3: Go on, Kirk Cousins, don't let me down. You've never let me down before except for all your years in Washington.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe not.
Speaker 3: Good luck with all your bets if your bet tonight. If you're a survivor player, good luck as well tonight.