Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we did it. I know, we finally did it.
Speaker 2: It's finally happened. We've talked about this from the beginning, right, and here we are.
Speaker 3: We just kept saying, gosh, it's it's almost a perfect podcast. It's just one nagging thing that's stopping it from being perfect, and that's right or Strong.
Speaker 4: So thankfully he's gone.
Speaker 1: It's gone.
Speaker 4: We didn't did it.
Speaker 1: We did it high by view. He squeezed him out. Oh god, Oh it's about darn time.
Speaker 3: Oh obviously we are joking. We are so going to miss our dear friend writer Strong today. But he has a very good reason for not being here. Should we talk about jury duty?
Speaker 1: He has duty?
Speaker 4: He has jury duty.
Speaker 1: Have you ever have you ever been a juror?
Speaker 2: I have been an alternate once, but didn't make it to the final like I got cut right before I got to the Hollywood phase of.
Speaker 1: Idol, exactly. You didn't get the golden ticket.
Speaker 2: No, And this was when I was still keeping I was trying to keep my uh Connecticut residency, like my Connecticut uh resident. I know, what would it be called my Connecticut status?
Speaker 4: My I was still a member of the state.
Speaker 1: What would I think, Well, it's not another country.
Speaker 4: I know that's trying it. There's a word. I'm just the words not working.
Speaker 1: Buggie parking spot.
Speaker 2: Yes, So for years I kept my I voted absentee out of Connecticut. I had a Connecticut driver's license, and I would fly home for jury duty. Oh so I flew to Connecticut and the first time I did that, I was sitting there.
Speaker 4: I made it all the way to vad Deer.
Speaker 2: Okay, which is you know when you go you go there, they put you, you know, they put you in a giant room and then they pick you and they separate you to go into Then Okay, now you're in a courtroom and if there's a case, they're going to essentially audition you to be a and it's called wa Deer. So the first thing that happened was they said, okay, this is we can't say the name of the victim out loud, so we've written it on a piece of paper. If anybody, if anybody knows this person, please please speak up and say that. You know, now, the guy next to me, who's probably in his mid forties, is shaking like a leaf, like I can tell he does not want to be there. He just wants to get out of this as fast as possible. The note hits his hand. It's him, it's him, he said it was him. The note hits his hand, he opens it up. He goes, I know him, I know him known in my whole life. And the judge's like, wait, really, he goes yep, no, he goes, all right, I guess your excuse. Thanks boom, and guy bails like as fat, like he left a shaped hole in the door as he ran out of the thing. So they get to me and they I don't know the person. So they sit me up on the stand and they bring in wait.
Speaker 1: They set you up on the stand.
Speaker 2: Yes, So they bring us all one at a time on the stand and the lawyers then get to question you to see if you're going to be in I did not have this experience.
Speaker 3: Will really does things differently there, Okay, okay? Will They bring you up onto the stand.
Speaker 2: Up on the stand, and they start asking like you know, could you you know where were you?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: The prosecutors like could you keep an open mind? Can you do this? If I told that? I'm like, yes, no problem.
Speaker 2: And then the defendant's lawyer gets up and the defendants. Lawyer is like twenty seven okay, and he's got a suit on and he's got his clipboard and he says, mister Fredell, I'd like to start by saying that my niece and nephew and I are very big fans, and I'm hoping I can get a photo with you later.
Speaker 4: Now, would you be able to?
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, I guess I just got recognized on the stand.
Speaker 1: And let me guess that's why you weren't picked.
Speaker 4: No, I was.
Speaker 2: Then I made their like we'll put you because they said, do you is this something you'd want to do? And I was like, yeah, I would love to kind of sit on a jury. Yes, And so they said, well, we'll pick you as an alternate. And so I got them already. You know, my parents are in the court system there, so you know they might judgment said, I know you're.
Speaker 3: Like, they're so proud of you made it.
Speaker 4: Insure you made it. I don't care about your television shows. You've made it.
Speaker 2: So the judge is like, I know your parents. I you know, I know I don't have to tell you not to talk to anybody. You'll be fine. So I get home that night and we all the jurors got to call from the judge saying they settled the case, we don't need you.
Speaker 4: So I was like so close. And then I've been called four.
Speaker 2: Times in Los Angeles when I switched my residency right I was looking for I was called four different times. I've only had to go in once and I was released the first day and the other three times you just call in and they said I didn't have to show up.
Speaker 4: So no, I've never actually been have you Have you done it? Have you been on a jury?
Speaker 1: I was on a jury and I was the foreman.
Speaker 2: No, well, first of all, of course you were. Of course you were the foreman. Wow, you didn't even have to tell me that. Of course you were the foreman. What happened?
Speaker 3: So it was the first time I had ever been called for jury duty. And I was like in my mid twenties, and I got called and I called in.
Speaker 1: And actually, at the time, you didn't even call in. You just had to go. You just had to show up.
Speaker 3: Now you can at least call and they'll tell you whether or not they need you to show up. So I went and I you know, we went through a similar process of the can you keep an open mind. But it was done more like as a group, like they asked us all individually, but we were sitting in the jury box, okay, and so they just kind of went down the line like can you do that, can you do this? Can you and was like yes, yes, yes. And there were a bunch of questions about we could tell it was going to have something to do with insurance, and it was like have you ever been in a bad car accident? Have you ever been you know, injured in an accident? Like there were so I could tell like, oh, I know where this is going, where we're headed.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, I got selected to be on the jury.
Speaker 4: And were you happy? Did you want to be on the jury?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean at the time I was a little like, oh, wow, I guess I'm really doing this, But yes, I was excited.
Speaker 1: I was like, Wow, this is going to be interesting.
Speaker 3: And I was looking at it like I went into it thinking great, I'm going to just be I'm going to watch how they do it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to learn kind of the way I.
Speaker 3: Sat and watched Bonnie work with David to figure out how to be an actor. I was like, I'm going to sit in this jury room and learn how to be a juror by watching all these other people. And a lot of the people in the jury room had already been jurors. They were like, oh, yeah, I've been doing this for a long time. And one guy at the time that we had to select the foreman was like, is this anybody's first time?
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, no, fine, and he.
Speaker 3: Was like, great, you should be the fore and then you should do it because this is a great learning opportunity. And I was like, this is exact opposite of what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: I was thinking, I'm Manube, I should be just sitting in the back. But I ended up being the foreman. It was pretty great.
Speaker 3: And yeah, we went to trial and we had to decide a dollar amount there. It had been a woman who was in a pretty severe car accident and she was asking for insurance to cover physical therapy and other types of treatment for her for the rest of her life. But the caveat to that was that she had already been in a previous accident where she had also been injured, and so it was trying to decide like, is this accident the reason the sole reason you need pet.
Speaker 1: For the rest of your life.
Speaker 3: So we ended up we ended up having to decide on a dollar amount that we awarded her that was supposed to then hopefully cover pt for if not the rest of her life, for a very long period of time, for the rest for life.
Speaker 1: But anyway, it was very interesting.
Speaker 4: So did anybody recognize you? Was anybody like, oh, my god, topangas on my jury.
Speaker 1: Not that I know of. No, nobody told me there.
Speaker 3: I was the youngest person there by twenty years or something, and uh yeah, and you know I was in my mid twenties. So it was it was really fun.
Speaker 1: I actually super enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: Uh, that's great. No, I've never been on the jury, been on trial. It's never been on right of course.
Speaker 1: Well, we know you're a murderer.
Speaker 4: Exactly, but actually acquitted, so a used murderer.
Speaker 1: How dare I do not confuse the two.
Speaker 2: I'd once again like to point out that that was our best, easiest, funniest pre show chatter.
Speaker 1: Every Yeah, no hang ups, nobody telling.
Speaker 3: Hang ups, no telling why we're wrong or we're having too much fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, correcting our grammar, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: I did miss a Hume mentioned though, right, I don't know what the philosophy of everything again?
Speaker 2: But this is why we now will get words like residency of kid because we don't have writer.
Speaker 1: They're going no grappling hooks. I don't know. I think. Let's see, let's see how the rest of this episode goes.
Speaker 2: How many times can this one kid smelt metal? I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 3: All before the age of eighteen telling you it's a logical question. He still never made me anything has made Jemmy no unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Aggravated, but that he's been doing since I was a kid.
Speaker 1: So come on, Welcome to Pond meets World.
Speaker 4: I'm Danielle Fischel, I'm Wilfredell And that's it.
Speaker 1: That's it, that's it. That's our show today.
Speaker 3: Guys, oh man, miss all right, walk up to most any nineties kid and utter the two words shallow boy and watch as a wave of nostalgia, alongside a catchy melody in some hysterical lyrics take over their entire being. And as much as anyone on the daily cast and crew of Boy Meets World would love to take credit for the long lasting effect of this episode and character, CORNA. Collins has had on a generation, we all know it's mostly because of a guest star who stole every single scene she was in. While it was somehow her first TV gig ever, before the appearance, she was one half of the Boy Meets World cast favorite pop duo The Murmurs, who released several albums and was part of the legendary nineties tour Lilith Fair. Our very own Alanis Morissett walked onto the set and, with what we can only assume is a sorcery reserved for guitar playing wizards, seemed to be a seasoned and confident pro who with our Powell will here made undeniable TV magic, and for good reason, she's been one of the most requested guests for Pod Meets World, not only from our listeners, but from US hosts as well. She'd leave us in Chubbies and appear on shows like Grey's Anatomy, Supernatural, Bosh, and Silicon Valley, but it was her time as Alice on the ground brink making show The L Word where she'd become an LGBTQ icon, all for a role she'd later revisit on the reboot L Word Generation Q And So now get out your twenty dollars bills to donate and then rescind. We are honored to welcome to Podmeates World a guest star Hall of Famer, maybe the guest Star Hall of Famer Leisha Haley.
Speaker 4: Hi, Hi, I have one quick question right off the bat.
Speaker 2: Yes, is there a painting of yourself somewhere in your attic that's aging?
Speaker 4: Because you're not.
Speaker 1: Did you wrote yourself when you fell from heaven?
Speaker 4: An angel pickup line?
Speaker 1: She hasn't aged.
Speaker 6: I was a lot older than all of you when I was on this show, so you know, I think I've always been old, So I think that the perspective.
Speaker 4: Is you're that much older than you.
Speaker 3: No, there's no way that much older older than will No, what's your birth year?
Speaker 6: Seventy one?
Speaker 4: I'm okay, seventy six. I'm forty seven.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, okay, too much, not too much. Look at you guys just playing teenagers.
Speaker 1: Look at us.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 6: I watched I watched the show last night because I was really looking forward to because I haven't seen it in the million years, and like thirty, right to be exact about thirty, yeah, thirty. And one of my lines I said I was eighteen, and I said, laughing, like wow.
Speaker 3: I mean, the truth is, though you could still play a teenager. I love hitting you really could glasses, perfect vision.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 3: We are so happy to see you. Thank you so much for doing this. You one of our most requested guests, not just from fans, you are one of the most requested from.
Speaker 4: Us as hosts. Really.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Oh, I'm so glad this's happened.
Speaker 3: We've been looking forward to it from the time we started the show, and we've talked about it a couple of times. How Boy Meets World had some really great guest stars over the seven years the show was on, but there are a handful of just perfect drive by guest star appearances, and you, I think are the number one spot.
Speaker 4: I don't disagree with that. Yeah, I don't disagree with that. We were trying to think of.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a couple up there that were really great, but this is the one where, you know, convention stuff like that, people talk about Shallo Boy and the songs and all the kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh all the time.
Speaker 6: I mean, one of these conventions with you guys, because I have to say, through the years, I've had a really strange, exciting like I mean, I hate the word blessed but like Blessed Life and I this show, I had no idea what I was walking into when I did it, and for the last thirty years, if somebody stops me, I assume it's one thing, and then it's like, well, I mean its worlds and it's just always makes me laugh because it was one episode and I'm like, what, Oh, yeah, you guys really have the greatest fans on the planet.
Speaker 3: I think we couldn't agree with you more. We have talked about that as well. We do we can confirm, and now we need you to confirm something. Oh okay before we even go forward. Was this really your first job on TV?
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 6: It was my Yes, it was. And I had to call my bandmate because I asked. I asked your producers what year we did this, because I couldn't remember the process of getting the job, and I realized you said it was like August or September of nineteen ninety six, and I had just moved to La like I must have been there maybe three months. So everything in my memory is the whole city was foreign to me. So just like where what office was I in? Who called?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 6: Like how did I you know, how did the whole thing happen, and I think I've figured it out. I had, but to answer your question, that was a long way of answering. I did an indie movie the year before called All Over Me, and I had I was in a band, the Murmurs, Yes, the Murmurs, and I had bright pink hair, like hot pink hair for years, and I had it in this movie. And iber one of my memories is it might have been your showrunner. I don't know who it was. I met. It was a really nice man and I think he called after seeing me in that movie and had me come in to read for it, because I remember him saying like, oh, I thought you had pink hair, and I just I had just gotten rid of it when I moved to La.
Speaker 2: Well, there was one of our producers I saw two days ago. We just had dinner, and he remembers because I told him you were coming on and he's like, oh my god, that's so great. He remembers taking one or two other producers and going and seeing you guys perform live.
Speaker 6: You just solved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he says he went to actually went to a show, he said, because one of the things he remembers, and we can cut this out if we want.
Speaker 4: Is your bandmate fell off the stage?
Speaker 2: She Oh, my gosh, yeah, he said, it's like and then she just fell off right off the stage.
Speaker 1: So do you know now exactly what show that is?
Speaker 6: Or my god? No, I feel like at the time like that might have been happy, you know, Okay, this, wow, this is hilarious. No, we were. Yeah, we had a lot of fun on wait first to better her than Me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was Jeff Sherman and Mark Blutman, the two of them, and they think one other guy went. It might have been Howard bust Gang, but they went actually went to your show and saw the Murmurs perform and they he was like, we knew right the second that's her.
Speaker 6: That's her obviously, So that's amazing. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Had you moved to LA partially to start auditioning? Were you looking to be an actor?
Speaker 6: Well, I studied when I'm from Nebraska, and I moved to New York to go to acting school. So that was my big plan. I'd done it my whole life, and I studied and I just thought that that was going to be my career. And then my best friend and I started a band in school. And when we graduated, we were so broke and we're like, we ought to start. Nobody was auditioning, nobody knew how to get an agent. So we just started playing the subways and like every street corner we could, Like I always had my guitar on my back. We were a little acoustic duo and we started playing all around the East Village and all of it sudden, like two years in we got signed. So I it was MCAA Records, and so all of a sudden, I had this career, this music career I had never planned on, and I kind of put acting to the side. So that's why when this show came up, like you guys were sort of my foray into like getting back into it or starting at least.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my gosh, it is just so so had you when you came to our show.
Speaker 1: Had you ever heard of Boy Meets World?
Speaker 6: I had not heard of Boy. I think I just was out of the age range, you know, because I when I was watching it last night, I was I literally was laughing. I was like, this is a really well written show. It was funny.
Speaker 1: It's a funny show.
Speaker 6: Well you were.
Speaker 4: Funny, Oh thank you? I mean, well, you and I.
Speaker 2: So we'll get into how you and I I thought worked really well together. And I just remember getting along that week because we were working on our scenes and you were talking to me about music. But before we get there, we have talked so many times about the table read because the table read for that episode, we'd never met you. We didn't know who was coming in, and you brought your guitar and you sung every song acoustic at the table read, and you were so cool and so collected and calm and singing. So I'm curious were you nervous at all? Because it did not come off like you were nervous even the tiniest little bit.
Speaker 4: It was weird.
Speaker 6: I mean, here's the thing. And maybe you guys identify with this. When I was younger, I didn't. I didn't have I wasn't nervous about a lot of things. I was like very a risk taker, and I just threw myself into situations all the time. And I think that you know, to like to my benefit, like I didn't. I don't know. It just worked. And so I think now, like if you were to ask me to do that today, I would die inside. I would find a million excuses I, Oh, I haven't I need to practice or I need to I don't know, Like I just had this thing back then. So that makes a lot of sense to me that I was if I if I didn't seem nervous, maybe I wasn't.
Speaker 3: Well, not only did you not seem nervous, but like writer who's not here today because he got called in for jury duty, writer remembered when we recapped your episode. He remembered that the only thing that was in the script were the words. It was just lyrics, and you came to the table with your guitar and had basically written all the songs, and his memory was at the table read going, we already could shoot this show because of her.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so do you remember the process?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: I remember getting uh yeah, the lyrics and sitting around my house just because because you know, she had to be very happy and like lighthearted, and yeah, I remember like, oh, this is like just very acoustic, like I know how to do. That was the edge of your one, the one where I like because I laugh because I growled because I don't sound edgy obviously my voice is very high. But I thought that was the funny choice because we probably I remember meeting a meeting up with a producer and we recorded the songs that ended up being on the radio. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: That's probably Jeff.
Speaker 2: So Jeff Sherman wrote the episode and wrote the lyrics because when I that's who I had dinner with the other night, and he was like, please tell her that essentially we wrote songs together, because yes, she wrote the music and I wrote the lyrics.
Speaker 1: Yes, and uncle and dad are the Sherman brothers, the.
Speaker 2: Sherman brothers who wrote all the Disney music, wrote Mary Poppins and all you know for what's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Jeff Sherman's he comes from a very musical family, like the famous Sherman brothers. No, it's just cool because it makes sense that that was a Sherman episode and that you being the talented musician and actor that you were, that it was just it's literally a perfect storm.
Speaker 4: Yeah were it really was.
Speaker 1: Look at that.
Speaker 6: I see, That's why I love life so awesome. Yeah, Okay, so I went to his house and we recorded it. Okay maybe, oh, I don't know for a studio.
Speaker 4: It was probably a studio. My guess is you probably went to probably Ray cole Chords.
Speaker 1: It might have been with Jeff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be so rad.
Speaker 2: Did all our music from He's passed since, but he was a great guy who did all our music from from Boy and everything from the theme songs to the tiniest little jingle that you would hear, he was responsible for in some way or another. So my guess is music wise, yeah, you you and Jeff met up somewhere and combined your talents because it was oh man, we just but I'll never that's that table read. I think there's two table reads in the entire series that stand out for me, and it's that one and the one the Fugitive when we had the earthquake right right, and it was the day after the earthquake, and we had the massive earthquake, and so that a.
Speaker 4: Natural disease, remember from the show, and only one of.
Speaker 1: You killed people, So that's a lot.
Speaker 6: I don't want that on my record.
Speaker 1: No, No, I know, we've talked you.
Speaker 3: We just mentioned that you don't have like too many memories of exactly how it all came together. But do you remember in any sense was there like a traditional audition. Did you go to a building and like read lines for someone?
Speaker 6: This is where so I was in a building, Okay, I can't confirm, yes, and I was. I was in an office with I believe Jeff who you were just mentioning, because I remember, there's no way they didn't have me read for it, even if they saw me play a mess, so I must have read for it. And then we started talking about music, because that's the part of the conversation I remember. So maybe it just had to, like, you know, confirm that I could read lines or something, or that I could pull off I don't know, because maybe he knew I could do the music part.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, Well Michael Jacobs, our producer and show runner, was also very big into music, so he was probably involved in all that as well.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I wonder if she auditioned first and then Jeff and Howard and Mark went to the.
Speaker 4: Show the show. I wonder if that's how it happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the part I can't figure out. But I know that they wouldn't have just there's no way I've just been offered a part, you know, So somehow I had to prove myself somewhere. Yeah, isn't that funny? Thirty years just you guys have a really sharp memory. Oh no, no, no, Janel, thank you.
Speaker 1: Will does have a very good memory.
Speaker 3: I once ran into shack somewhere and was like, Hi, it's really nice to meet you, and he was like, Danielle, I once held you over my head at Universal Studios in Florida, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, well that could be the case.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I always remind me.
Speaker 6: Think you'd remember right exactly exactly you.
Speaker 2: Remind Danielle she was on Boy Met World. It's like you placed the panga.
Speaker 4: You were very good.
Speaker 6: I felt better about myself. Yeah, thank you, you're here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do not do not worry.
Speaker 3: So then you are basically we do a table read and you're just thrown right into the mix for the week.
Speaker 1: What do you remember from rehearsals and then eventually our tape night?
Speaker 6: Well, Will, I have to say you were like the kindest person to me. You really I have to like give you like full credit for being a really nice guy and so welcoming and supportive, because I I'm sure at that point I remember being like, oh, okay, this is like a TV show. I get it, Like I've never done this. Yeah, you were so great and we did really work on everything and try to find that like sweet little dynamic.
Speaker 3: We had we really agree between you.
Speaker 1: Is just impeccable. It's so great.
Speaker 4: I thought so too. No, we did.
Speaker 2: We I remember distinctly well. You always had your guitar. And I'm one of those people where I'm such a fan of music and I have no musical talent whatsoever, just none, So I'm always I gravitate towards people that do. And you were just kind of sit there and you'd strum your guitar, you'd sing a song or and that week Danielle went out and got me the Murmurs album, which I still listen to quite a bit.
Speaker 4: It is. It's a great album, the Pink album with I'm a Mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. So I You and I we would talk music and then we talk about the scenes and go through it. I just remember we got along very well, and that I think showed when we did the show.
Speaker 4: You know, frankly, it's so important.
Speaker 6: I always think that you can see through that stuff too, Like I think we really did have something natural.
Speaker 4: I think so too.
Speaker 2: It was the thing that amazed all of us was the you know, the music stuff was incredible, but you were a musician. It was the comedy stuff that I think what we were all. I mean, I was not gonna say shocked because you an actor, but also happy with because it was like you were nailing all the jokes and it was just like, oh, okay, this is.
Speaker 1: And now that I had trained, it makes sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it had been a minute. But like like I how to listen, talk and listen, but I you your comedy, Like when you yelled check the third time, like last night, I was like like it was so you're so funny it like actually makes me want to go watch the show, Like, yeah, these people are really talented.
Speaker 1: He's worth watching. That's for sure.
Speaker 4: You are too, Danielle.
Speaker 1: I'm barely on the show. What do you tut? Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know it's it is very shocking, but we are now. Season four is the is the first year I'm in every episode and even then most of the time I'm kind of, uh, just in the periphery type character. But those first three seasons, in my mind, it was like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, it is it's a Mandela effect thing with because everybody thinks Corey and Tapango when they Inkopoyments World and we're watching and we're like, where the hell.
Speaker 1: Are you am I hosting this podcast?
Speaker 2: So yeah, and then but I think by season five it's all Corey Tanga and then there's two seasons of just the two of you essentially.
Speaker 4: Right, So but yeah, I can't wait. We're getting there. We're getting there. That's why we have to keep reminding her you're on the show.
Speaker 6: But imagine like like that says a lot, like if you weren't on it a lot, but the impact you had and everyone assumes you were, Like that's very telling. Is when you're on screen, you.
Speaker 1: Couldn't keep yes exactly. Thank you rivoting. I'm rivoting on yes.
Speaker 3: So when your episode then aired, did you watch it live?
Speaker 1: Did you tell people about it? What did your friends think?
Speaker 6: What are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 6: You guys, I'm on TV.
Speaker 1: We're watching.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like nobody was doing that back then. We were. It was shocking to all of us. Yeah, we had, we had I had some friends of her and we all watched it and it was great. I mean it was it's so weird to see yourself for the first time. Also watching last night, like I was a baby. Yes, I know, so, but I was twenty I was twenty I think twenty five yeah, it's crazy gosh, but still just a babyface.
Speaker 3: Does it feel to you like somebody else? Because sometimes that's how I feel. I'll watch it and I'll think, yes, I know that girl. She feels like someone I knew once. But it does feel like someone.
Speaker 6: I knew once, is a great way to put it. Yes, I seemed very I mean I know I was leaning into that, very wide eyed and you know, innocent. But I think I might have been like that in general.
Speaker 1: Right, But it wasn't too far from home.
Speaker 6: It really were Yeah, it never really is, is it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But it's so funny because again I go back to the album that I listened to all the time.
Speaker 4: Those songs don't represent being wide eyed and innocent.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, the funny thing about our album we were actually wor like we had a hit song called you Suck, and that was what everybody thought, like we were this edgy Maybe that's kind of what they saw with the character. Everyone thought we were this edgy band. But then when you listen to the rest of the record, it's like no, no, no, no, Like I'll never forget going on tour and you would go from city to city and everyone was you know, there to hear the big hit song and then you'd play the rest if you could just feel the room shift, like, oh well.
Speaker 1: I thought we were gonna get more you sucks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, we're thos edgy girls.
Speaker 3: There's a part in the episode where Eric's sister Morgan is singing along to one of Korinna's new songs, and she mentions as she's singing along that there's a lyric in it that you know, Eric might like boys, if you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, And it's a trope we've run into a few times during our rewatch. There was obviously a lot of gay panic in symcoms in the nineties. Yea, And actually, to Boy Meets World's credit, it was actually much better and most things really hold up, so to its credit, but it still pops up. Do you remember this line or do you remember this type of fear on TV?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: And like that, you know, we have this with the show I was on too, Like it's that we were in the times we were in. You can't like Monday morning quarterbacking is just it's you can't do it because that's just the way the world was, you know, And so you know, I think you guys probably feel this too. You have this responsibility to like the lines you said, or you know, the way your character responded to something or but you know, the writers were also of the times, and the show was of the times, and we can all look back and judge it, but like, right, you know, yeah, I don't. Yeah, it never. It didn't bump for me then, and last night I was like, oh, they have one. They have them too, like we all we all have them.
Speaker 4: We do, we do, we all.
Speaker 2: But that was I mean, especially in the nineties, that was when you were insulting your friend or getting insulted.
Speaker 4: That's what it was.
Speaker 2: It was, yeah something calling them gay was like, oh, you gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: I'm very happy actually with the way Boy Meets World handled it ninety nine percent of the time.
Speaker 4: Like the bromance between Sean and Corey.
Speaker 2: They never they don't ever make fun of like you know what I mean, they're not they're not playing on that trope.
Speaker 3: They lean so heavy into that it's a real love and it's between these two friends and and it's never I mean, I one of my favorite lines is when Tipanga asks Corey and Sean like, why don't you too, just why don't you too just get married? And they look at each other and Corey says, because our kids would look like a horse.
Speaker 1: It's like it has nothing.
Speaker 3: To It's like you contemplated it. He decides, did their kids wouldn't be cute? And yeah, it's just that's it.
Speaker 6: That's the reason to handle.
Speaker 3: Uh so, yeah, we boys world does it better than most. Have you ever been asked to play Shallow Boy live?
Speaker 6: I have not. No, I have not. If if I see here, I go, I would have prepped. If you guys were after we weren't.
Speaker 1: We weren't were.
Speaker 3: I would never put you on the spot like that's a please bring your wondering when you do, because you're still performing. You haven't your I don't know. Actually I was gonna say a new band, but I don't know how new your band is.
Speaker 6: Uh huh, well actually that's over to I'm done with the music. But yeah that are you totally done with music?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I just you know, yeah, I play it, you know for fun at this Okay, I can't ever go. Let me try to have a music career again. Feels a little.
Speaker 1: Well, now, it's a perfect opportunity to prep in hair.
Speaker 3: Shallow Boy, I'm we're doing for a live show, so just start doing the fun stuff.
Speaker 6: You know exactly, that's the whole cool fun stuff. Yeah. Maybe if I come to one of these conventions with you guys.
Speaker 1: Yes, please come to a whole live show.
Speaker 6: I know. There we go.
Speaker 1: Well, you come to one of our podmets World l.
Speaker 6: She goes live, she goes just back.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. Oh we might have to We might hold you to that.
Speaker 2: We might hold you to that because our live shows will get a theater that's you know, one thousand people, twelve hundred people, and we bring people out and we just.
Speaker 4: Have so much fun. Such a live shallow Boy refer Yeah.
Speaker 6: Call me up, Call me up.
Speaker 3: So soon after you were on our show, you were in the scene of Ellen's sitcom when she came out on Network TV.
Speaker 6: Well this is this, Yeah, this is like a funny thing. So I my girlfriend at the time, was on that in that episode, okay, and I just came along to watch the taping and they just threw me in the coffee shop while she was.
Speaker 1: And you were like, yes, I'll be a background actor.
Speaker 6: And I didn't even know it. Was going to be as big of a deal as it that's the actual episode. But yeah, I'm like, somehow in that episode as an extra it is.
Speaker 3: So funny and I can imagine that of course, Actually I'm not sure I can understand. I mean, that was an episode that like stops Earth's orbit of the Sun at the time. Yes, and yet you're saying at the time you didn't really think about that. You just felt like, oh, yeah, this is a my girlfriend's here and is doing a guest appearance, and this will be an episode that Arizon TV.
Speaker 6: Did you Yeah, I know, I know it was a big deal that Ellen was coming out. I was very conscious of that. I think I didn't know that the effect it was going to have in the world, like and also her career, and you know, just the response. Yeah, and it just goes down in history that episode.
Speaker 4: My god, Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: A it is a pretty magical moment in all of television history. Yes, and the girlfriend you had at the time, if it's the one I think it is, almost killed me.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, well, she almost ran me over with her car.
Speaker 6: Okay, please tell this story.
Speaker 4: So can we say who I think?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Katie Lang.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, so she almost killed me with her car.
Speaker 6: Okay, I can't I'm horrified right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's not your fault.
Speaker 2: There was a restaurant in Burbank at the time, which I still think is there called Micelli's or Michelli's where all the waiters sing and.
Speaker 4: They sing right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I was leaving there at the time with I think my girlfriend at the time.
Speaker 6: Is this when it's like nothing to do At the time, we were working together. It's like a.
Speaker 4: Totally separate thing after.
Speaker 6: Okay, good maybe anyway.
Speaker 4: Totally separate thing after So I'm with.
Speaker 1: What love, Hewitt?
Speaker 4: I think? So, okay, I don't know. It might have been I was with love.
Speaker 2: I don't remember, but I'm crossing the street and I probably was crossing against the light and a car screeches to a stop.
Speaker 5: Oh god, a foot from me, and I look up and it's Katie Lang and she gives me this look where at first she's like I can't believe, and then her face kind of brightens and she waves.
Speaker 4: And I left and she drove by.
Speaker 2: So either she recognized me from the show we did together, or was just happy she didn't throw me over.
Speaker 1: What did you think this was?
Speaker 4: Well, it's only like ninety seven.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we were was I wasn't in the passenger seat, was I know she.
Speaker 1: Was driving by herself, but it was we followed you.
Speaker 2: It was a moment where I then walk ay and I was like, Katie Lang almost killed me.
Speaker 4: That I almost just died and it would have been on the news for a number of reasons. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what a weird way to go, right, Yeah, she.
Speaker 4: She almost ran me over.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever told that story before, but Katie Lang almost ran me over.
Speaker 4: That is so funny.
Speaker 6: Glad you're here to tell about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wanted to ask you too about Lilith Fair, which is such an iconic tour of the nineties.
Speaker 1: What was your experience like traveling with that lineup?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, it was incredible. So we we tried to get on that tour for I think three years, and the year we got was the year our label dropped us, so we they wouldn't pay to have us do it, so we only could afford to go on it for like I think it was like eight days. We did the West some of the West Coast and yourself to go and we rent We had to tell all the guys in the band for like we can't afford you, you got to stay back. We went fully acoustic again, rented a car and took our manager, this sweet woman Kimberly. Were like, you have to do the most of the driving and the like, you know, and we'll do the right Like it was. It was like a team effort. We stayed in like really bad motels the whole way up and down, and you know, the hour the drives were along, like everyone else was in a bus like.
Speaker 1: You guys are getting.
Speaker 6: Happy to be like a part of Lilith Fair. It was like a dream. So we did whatever it took and got to hang out with all the like all the greats backstage.
Speaker 4: Who was on tour with you at the time there?
Speaker 6: Okay, it was like Bonnie Ray the Dixie Chicks were there. Oh my god, this was there was no okay, not that one. I think this was the last Lilith Fair. I think it was the last year they did it. Yeah, Chrissy Hind, I mean please just we would just sit there with our jaws dropped, like are we really here?
Speaker 1: This is crazy?
Speaker 6: Let's just Jackson, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then in two thousand and four, you were cast on the groundbreaking TV show The l Word and you played Alice Pizki.
Speaker 1: Am I say Piazeki?
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you Alice Piazeki, a bisexual journalist and a rad show host. Yes, at the time, did you know how important this show was going to be?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 6: No, again, it was another like everything gay back then was very underground, like yeah, it kind of came and went and if you know, you had to go find it, like seek it out. And so I again another audition. Stories I got this through my music. Like I I didn't have I didn't have an agent. I still didn't pursue acting. I was very music driven and I heard about this audition. So I had my music manager call to get me an audition because I was like, oh, this sounds kind of cool, like maybe this is something I could do. And I went out for the role of Shane and I ended up getting a callback, and then I got another callback and I was like, oh, this is so weird. And then I tested against my now best friend Kate, who played Shane. It was her and I in the audition room and we both tested for the network, and when I was sitting there, I obviously knew. I was like, oh this is I'm never going to get this.
Speaker 1: But I never getting this, yeah, because there she is.
Speaker 6: That's Shane. And then I went home and they had my home phone number, like so they were calling like the house for any like callbacks or whatever. And so a week went by. I didn't get it in the phone ring and they were like, hey, you obviously didn't get that part. They want to bring you back in. They liked something about you. They want to read you for this other part. And then it's a totally different character. And they sent me that they foxed me the sides. Oh I remember this. Yeah, And I went through the same process I started from the beginning and I ended up testing and I got the show and I was like, oh this is I mean, I was obviously like thrilled. I actually funny stories. I turned it down twice when they called to tell me I got the heart because I really I know, this is like how oblivious I was, like Hollywood like all these kind of things.
Speaker 1: They were like, you got it.
Speaker 6: I was like I was at the house with my friend Heather, who is my bandmate, and I realized like, oh, I have to leave to go shoot this pilot and it was up in Vancouver, and I was like, I can't leave. I can't leave the band. I can't leave the I can't this because we had been you know, we were like twelve years deep at this point. We were like, you know, do or die together, just like everything, and so I was like, thank you so much. It's been a great opportunity. I just like, I don't think I can and they were like, really like it, so you just put us through. But I think when I got it, I didn't realize or I didn't realize until I got it what it was going to take, like the reality of the situations.
Speaker 1: Like sorry, I should have asked where it shoots.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know this is like it's.
Speaker 3: Such an.
Speaker 4: Iditioned fourteen times. I don't want this role.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ever should have gone in.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So they called back again, and on the third the third time that one of the producers called and she was like I heard, you're like turning this down. And anyway, my bandmate and I we had like a you know, a big conversation, a good cry, and it was like, don't worry I'm not leaving like I'm gonna. I'll be here like I'll be back, it'll be quick. And then we went up and shot the pilots. I still thought it was something that like nobody was ever going to see. And then obviously the whole, my whole entire life changed overnight.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, unbelievable. What a story.
Speaker 4: Isn't that the way it is too though.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, one less phone call and your whole life is different, different, turned it down twice and that's it.
Speaker 4: So oh man, you never I know this business.
Speaker 3: I just love that, like you studied acting and then had just kind of fell into doing music because you guys started a band and then we're like, oh yeah, I'm not even trying for this acting thing. I'm really gung ho and narrow focused on music and all these everything kept coming to you acting wise.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's what's always blown my mind. I mean not that I've worked multiple times, but when I have, it's usually come through music. Yeah, And I there's something to that, And I think it's it's because like now if I audition for something now that like I'm fully committed to doing.
Speaker 1: This right now that you've given up music.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now now it's harder because like now the stakes are higher. I don't you know, it's like I really want it. I probably look a little more like I don't want to say desperate, so like you can tell I want it, like before.
Speaker 1: It please it was like did you all go anywhere?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: When you like that guy in high school and he doesn't like you, you it's like you. It's there's something to like. When you don't want it, they want you when you want it, I want.
Speaker 4: You human nature. Unfortunately, I think that's absolutely right.
Speaker 2: But I'm hoping that they're still faxing you sides because that would be the bed.
Speaker 4: It's like, sorry, I gotta I gotta take this.
Speaker 1: You need to hang up the phone. So could you could you give me a few minutes because I am going to this disconnect. I gotta take the cord, put the I'm so slow.
Speaker 6: It's like.
Speaker 1: Just the worst, the absolute worst.
Speaker 2: I have a question, do you so did you prefer at the time doing four camera like Boy Meets World the sitcom we did, or single camera like the Old Word?
Speaker 4: Which one? Which? Which version of TV did you like better?
Speaker 6: You know, I've dreamt about doing what you all did more today. You know what I loved about it the audience. Yes, I mean that really changes everything. You get that immediate response, yep, and you could feel the night we taped like that, just there's an energy like none of that's happening on set. Yeah, it's like we're like fourteen hours in and the room's like.
Speaker 1: Everyone's tired, and you're like, where are we in the script? What did I do right before this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's I mean, I really think that's what you had, is the dream job?
Speaker 4: I think so too.
Speaker 2: Well, it's because it was there's also this the joy of your rehearsing all week and you're leading up to show night.
Speaker 4: You know, there's then that the audience comes in. You feel, like you said, you feel the energy.
Speaker 2: And the thing that I always loved was some of the stuff that was getting all the laughs during the week isn't getting the same lasts from the audience, and they're laughing at stuff you weren't expecting. So even your thrown out, it's like it's the greatest thing kind of you're reading them while they're reading you, and you're trying to Yeah, the best way to dance. So yeah, I personally agree, but I sometimes the shooting. I mean, doing a show like the L Word, it's you're essentially shooting a film all it does.
Speaker 4: All the time. Yeah, you exhaust.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well you don't get as many takes as well. I mean you you know, like three setups is great. There's too many things to get three too many setups and I you know, like theater because when I was in school, like that's all we did. So it just your show reminded me so much of that. Yeah, I mean I don't even understand how you guys let that go?
Speaker 2: What a what a?
Speaker 6: I mean it was over what a?
Speaker 5: What a?
Speaker 6: Come down? Like, how did you get through that?
Speaker 1: It's been a rough twenty three years.
Speaker 2: No, you know, it's funny, you we joke about it, but it's it's it's easy to see how sitcom actors, especially young sitcom actors, fall into that unfortunate stereotype of drinking or drugs or going down the wrong path, because, as we've said many times, Thursday night, you're somebody and you're in front of an audience and first seven morning it's you're not so you you could kind of you wouldn't always see there are some shocks, but you could kind of tell the people that weren't going to be able to transition as easily, where it's you could see like ooh, this person might have a problem, and sometimes they did, and so you know, you could find that it's it's looking for that rush. That audience becomes a drug and it's literally gone in one day.
Speaker 6: So you uh, yeah, some people, you know, I never equated it to the rush of the audience. I always thought it must be an age, you know, just growing up and then who am I when you leave?
Speaker 2: Well, there's there's something interesting about knowing that chances are you've lived the first line of your obituary by the time you're seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I you know you can do.
Speaker 4: You can go off and have a great life and a wonderful life, family, whatever you want to do.
Speaker 2: But chances are it's going to say, Wilfred Dell from Boy Mets World was killed today by a Lilian I have, yeah, or.
Speaker 4: Katie one and the same she's a lion on. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I mean that there's there's there can be a difficulty in that transition for some people, yea, which is why being a child actor usually is a whole separate thing than than starting to act when you're nineteen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like your identity is cemented, yes, and you're like trying to either chase it or leave it behind. You're the first one of two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's so it's I mean, you know, just the same way you're talking about the desperation you feel. You know that there's an a lord of this business where the second you feel like you've left it behind, one thing comes and taps you on the shoulder and you're instantly sucked.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure.
Speaker 4: So it is it's just you think you get away and you can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I have that.
Speaker 6: I have that with my show as well. I mean we all do. Whoever is a part of it. But but the audience thing, that's very interesting because I do always from having one week, spending one week with you guys, I remember that feeling and how much fun it was. Yeah, And like I can't imagine seven years, week after week, like what that would would would do to me, how much I would miss it?
Speaker 4: Yes? Is that the goal? Then? I mean?
Speaker 2: Do you would you love to be like on a sitcom now, like a straight up comedy camera?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like I've said it for years like that, Yeah, that would be plus. I just like the the rhythm of it. I like the rhythm of sitcoms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we do too.
Speaker 6: They're musical, you know, like they are a musical, like the way the you know.
Speaker 3: Well we we had on Boy Meets World. Some of our guest stars are some of like the coolest musicians ever. You Blake Senate from ryle o' Kylie was a regular, a recurring guest star on our show. And Alex Dasaer who's a hepcat yep like the musical influences on the show, and the people who stand out the most, sometimes with the smallest amount of things to do, like you only you were in one episode. Ye Blake did maybe twelve episodes but was definitely a side character, and Alex, who did a full season with us but was the most underused actor on the show.
Speaker 1: They are some of the most indelible.
Speaker 3: And we think it is because there's a musicality to sitcom that you speak music, you get the rhythm.
Speaker 1: That's so cool, isn't it cool?
Speaker 6: You thought that, and I thought that, and now we all think it's cool, and.
Speaker 1: Now we're all now and now we put it out into the world and everyone will.
Speaker 6: Believe it we gave away the secret. It's true.
Speaker 2: No, and it's true though we've talked about that the best sitcom actors are the ones that they're playing offbeat. So you think you're hearing the regular tempo and then the line comes from Matthew Perry, where you go, where the hell did you get that from? Like?
Speaker 4: Where is that? Read? From?
Speaker 2: Alan Alda was the same way. It's like, wow, you just took it a whole different way. So, yeah, there's that musicality, but it's the actors that play off beat that are the ones that always stick with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, comedy is music.
Speaker 3: You have your own podcast with your friend Kate, who we mentioned played Shane from The L Word, and.
Speaker 1: It's called the Pants Pod.
Speaker 3: Yeah, inspired you to do a podcast with your former co star who's also a best friend because it sounds awful, terrible, terrible, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, you know, and in all honesty, it was the pandemic. We really missed each other and we thought, you know, podcasts were kind of around, but nobody, nobody who's doing recap. We didn't want it to be an L Word recap show because we were scared that we'd run out right, because you.
Speaker 2: Know, we.
Speaker 4: Also we know that fear.
Speaker 1: Which welcome to you.
Speaker 6: You have tends to talk about because you you are friends as well, right, yes, yeah, so yeah, so we just sort of jp, you know, just it was sort of like a phone call, like what would we talk about normally? And then we're four years deep at this point, Wow, and now we're like ning amount of things to talk about.
Speaker 4: What's it about? And what are we going to talk about?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen, please come on, we can do the same thing, right. I would love to have you on, Kate. We'll just sit back and listen, like what happened?
Speaker 4: So would you do? You know?
Speaker 6: Yeah? No, honestly, I'd love to have you on. But we we just we've tried recapping the L word. It's just we have you might find this. We have so many inside jokes and also like we have the ability to laugh at something that's so close to us, right, Like, but I think for but it belongs to everybody, right, So that's the thing where I'm like, I don't think we can we can we can own it in that way and talk about it only from our point of view, because I don't know, it's just too important for people. So we I think we're probably not going to do recaps.
Speaker 3: I could see, Yeah, I guess I could see that. I will tell you that we it was. One of the things we talked about was like how important Boy Meets World is to people, the way it affected them, changed their childhoods or helped them through their childhoods. And we were worried that our inside jokes or the way we were going to criticize something. We talked about it just outwardly right at the beginning, like our biggest fear is that we're going to ruin the show for people by us just being honest and having fun conversation about it. But we said, but if we're going to do this, we're going to be honest, and then we let everybody in on those inside jokes. We never have shied away from saying them, and now we have people coming up to us at live show saying, Steve's having a baby, yeah, and like that's a thing that only if you worked on Boy Meets World for those few years would you even know what that meant.
Speaker 1: And now everybody he knows it.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you it's the greatest feeling to feel the community has grown and you just feel more connected to people and now they know the show in a deeper way. So I understand the fear, but I bet you would actually find a way to seamlessly do it and you would enjoy it, and so would the fans.
Speaker 6: Okay, good, I will take that end.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, finally, looking back now, almost thirty years later, when you see your baby years years.
Speaker 4: Every time I hear it, I'm like, oh my god, I can't be that long.
Speaker 3: So when you see that baby Lesia as you described her, absolutely killing it in her first TV acting gig ever, what would you want to say to her?
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm really proud of her, Like I love that I just went for it, and I and and I see that, I see that in the in the performance, I just seem like very excited to be there. And I don't know I'd be like, good job, kid, Yes, I.
Speaker 4: Think that's right. One thing we did.
Speaker 2: I want to know if you remember this because we talked about this. I talked about this when we recapped the actual episode. Do you remember pulling me aside and saying, can.
Speaker 4: You do me a favor? And I was all nervous.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna say, like I was doing something horrible and you're like, can you start the sun will come out tomorrow at a lower key because I'm not going to be.
Speaker 4: Able to hit the notes. Do you remember this?
Speaker 6: No, But that's funny. I was watching last night and because I started a certain way, and then when you came back in, we were in a different key, and I thought that was because you could like you couldn't hear the key was already. I asked you.
Speaker 2: You're like, could you come and make it lower because I'm but the way you pulled me aside, it.
Speaker 4: Was like I really need to talk to you about something. And I was like, yeah, God, like I had done that, and it was You're like, could you start it a little?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm a professional singer.
Speaker 4: I can figure out what a key is. You know new Googles, what's the key?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Start lower? Okay, gotcha?
Speaker 6: Week we really did.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: We've had almost just as much fun having you here on the podcast with us, So we can't thank you enough for spending your time with us today.
Speaker 6: It was my pleasure. I was very excited to do it. It's so great to see you both. You look amazing.
Speaker 1: You're like wise. We'll have to we'll have to make plans to get together.
Speaker 4: We definitely want you to.
Speaker 6: Call for the party. So cool, very interested.
Speaker 4: We will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, plug in your home phone.
Speaker 6: We have to decide which corn I would be. I mean, oh yeah, I guess the mean I get the edgy one because.
Speaker 4: People would want to hear shallow boy. Yeah, I want to hear.
Speaker 6: It's decided. Well, thank you so much. That was nice to see you. Bye bye bye.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, she's incredible. She I mean, that was so much fun to have her. And you could tell that she was really excited to be here, which is great because I was worried she was gonna You know, we have interviewed people before where they haven't remembered anything, and then.
Speaker 1: You think, why did you want to be on this podcast? If you don't remember this be far. But she remembers stuff, and she had the.
Speaker 4: Second she started talking.
Speaker 2: Her voice is so like I mean, I don't know if and I should have talked her about this while we're doing it, but I'll have to email her.
Speaker 4: I don't know if she has a voiceover agent, but her voice is so unique. Yes, the second she started talking, I was right. I was right back to the shooting the show because oh man, her voice hasn't changed it all.
Speaker 1: It's great, man, so great, so great to see her.
Speaker 4: And how cool is that?
Speaker 1: Just going over some of the musical guest stars.
Speaker 2: Wh yeah, and that's not even including like the monkeys, right, yeah, exactly. And what we had the what the guitarist from Cheap Trick and who was the Oh god, I'm gonna forget his name.
Speaker 4: Who's who? What would you think I could do?
Speaker 2: What this?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, who was one of the tongues. Wasn't he one of the four guitars?
Speaker 6: I think it was? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then never forget this, the hold onto the night leather jacket. That's part of the show.
Speaker 4: We've got, We've got some serious musical cred.
Speaker 1: Absolutely well.
Speaker 3: You guys can check out Lisha's other podcast, the Pants Pod, and hear all of the music from the Murmurs and her more recent band uh uh huh her and that is playing on all platforms. Billy Vera, Billy, That's who was you were thinking of? Thank you all for listening to this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod Meets World Show at gmail dot com and we have.
Speaker 4: Merch nobody missus Ryder March.
Speaker 1: Pod meets worldshow dot com. We'll see you all next time. We'll send us out.
Speaker 4: We love you all, except writer pod dismissed.
Speaker 2: Pod Meets World is n iHeart podcast producing hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong executive producers, Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddy Moore engineer and Boy Meets World superfan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at Podmeets World Show or email us at podmets Worldshow at gmail dot com