Speaker 1: Kubbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The clearing House of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air eyware. The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Mahler and Danny g Radio A Happy Sunday to you. It is the fifteenth day of February, right in the middle. Actually, we're past the middle point, right, there's fewer days in the month of February. Racist.
Speaker 3: How come Black History Month shortest month of the twelve.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, and then it's always you wake up like March first, like, oh my god, how is it March already? You know, because people freak out about us. Anyway, we have the mailbag before we get to the mailbak. Though, what we did is a psyop experiment on the Saturday podcast.
Speaker 3: Danny.
Speaker 1: I don't know if people were aware of that, but we did a mind hack and I learned this from the Great rich Dys years ago, one of the legendary DJs in American radio history, the Great rich Dys, who said, every once in a while, you know, just kind of throw a mistake in there and just see if people are paying attention. Just see who's actually listening and who's paying attention.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're known for your mistakes here and there, but you've never really had a twenty five minute mistake before.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought, I thought, Danny, it's February, let's just see if people are really engaged in the product. And so I thought it would be fun to go into the remote studio and kind of pull the do hickey out of the box that connect a microphone. And then I thought it would also be good I did andy to sit down and spend half an hour of my life apping and then record it and then send it out to the masses. I thought all those things would be good ideas, and it happened, and it really worked. I thought, in terms of bag quality audio, that was the greatest possible bag quality audio podcast we've ever done. I am such a radio loser proud of that.
Speaker 3: And you are the radio version of the quad God. People are expecting gold and you gave them a fall on the ice.
Speaker 1: Oh not everyone wins the gold. Some people win the bronze, and some people just finish fifth, you know, and that's it, and that happens.
Speaker 3: But you know what, though, Ben, you could hear all your words, and the little audio note I put in front of your Saturday pod was that you sounded like a professor in front of a class. And I was in the chair in the back.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it's like you were eavesdropping in the conversation, you know. And yes, sometimes that's better. Sometimes that's better that way. We've decided, for some reason to get back to the normal microphones on this mail bag podcast. And we have a bunch of mail. I don't know if it's because of the nonsense yesterday. We have a lot of mail to get to Danny and I think, ohio Al needs to get us in the mood. What do you think?
Speaker 3: I think Jim Gray's audience joined us. It's this mail bag.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to it. Here we go. These are actual letters by actual listeners to the show. You can email a future mail bag send it care of Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. All letters, no numbers. Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com and put your name and city if you want any kind of credit, otherwise we'll just rip you and goof on you and things like that. First up is Logan from Saint Paul, Minnesota home. I have one of the great juice losey places right across the street from the high school that Paul Molitor, a Baseball Hall of Famer, and Joe Mauer who shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame but is attended high school. There's a really good juicy lucy place. Anyway, Logan rites Sin says Ben and Danny g is this the greatest salesperson in the world? And he sent me a story. Did you see this, Danny? A six year old girl from Pennsylvania. Do you see how many boxes of Girl Scouts she's sold?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did see this on social media.
Speaker 1: So this six year old girl set a record. She sold it says here, over eighty five thousand boxes of cookies. And she's aiming to get to one hundred thousand boxes of cookies.
Speaker 3: And so now that's a hustler.
Speaker 1: So Logan asked about that. I would say, Logan, she's not the greatest salesperson in the world. Her parents are the greatest salespeople. And the only way that works, like the math on that, right, the only way that works is you got to have the parents. You gotta have the grandparents, You got to have the cousins, the uncles, Like that's a whole family thing. I don't think she's sitting in front of the Kroger and selling eighty five thousand box at eighty seven thousand boxes of cookies like there's some real there's a racket going on there, there's a wreck and I have some boxes my wife at work. She picked up some boxes of Girl Scout cookies from somebody at work. And I love how they say there's no you cannot resell the boxes. They put it on the box that only the little girls can resell.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: Isn't there like a black market for Girls Scout cookie You could sell those things, right? I mean I don't not to opposed to, but you could. So yeah. Look, I don't know what to make of that other than the fact that she's got a really loving family that bought a lot. I mean, she just looks like a normal, like little cute, chubby, six year old girl. I don't know, It's like.
Speaker 3: I just saw the headline, So I haven't read the story, does it say ben? Is there a story to click on, like where her dad or mom works, or how she sold that many.
Speaker 1: Her father stated that she's unstoppable. It's not come on. They were hoping to see her prizes, including a trip to Niagara Falls, and funded future projects with it. For her troop, she initially aimed to sell the most boxes among her group of eleven kindergarteners, and then she reached five thousand boxes. She shifted her focus to breaking the state record, then quickly pushed past ten thousand. Blah blah blah, blah blah. The family has used Facebook and TikTok.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she went viral in yeah, took off like wildfire.
Speaker 1: Yes, posted by Atritional door to door sales that the girl knocked on doors after school and on weekends when weather permitted. She also called supporters handed out fly I've come on to Benny.
Speaker 3: This brings up a good topic. As a kid, did you ever go door to door and sell anything? Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, I did have to. My mom ran a like a thing, a mailing service, so I put flyers on doors, but I didn't really like knock on doors. I did deliver the newspaper and I had to collect money, and back in those days you had to go to the house and get the money. But not a traditional door to door salesperson. That wasn't doing that. Of the Mormons, I didn't do any of that stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, how about this. When I was at Paradise Valley Elementary School, Silicon Valley, they had us going door to door selling light bulbs.
Speaker 1: Light bulbs?
Speaker 3: What the light bulbs? And now my teacher she I don't know if the school signed off on this, but on weekends even she would take us to these neighborhoods outside of San Jose, California in her car. Supposedly we were fundraising. To this day, I wonder about that if it was some shady business she had going on well side hustle, Yeah, you know, I think about it because we sold a lot of Think about it. You go to people's homes and you're like, hey, don't you hate it when you run out of light bulbs? And the people at the door were kind of like, yeah, you know what, Actually I could use some light bulbs. So it was not a very hard sell. Brilliant look get that trying to hustle and the next school year that teacher was driving a Mercedes Benz.
Speaker 1: Thanks to you. Oh oh yeah, yeah, she's you know, and nowadays you can do that, but back then, now there'd be people out protesting. Scott from Florida writes in He says, hey't been and Danny, after five years of normalcy, I'm going back to working the night shift. Can you please give me a pep talk help me remember why the night shift is better. I am not thrilled, but I know you are a big night shift proponent. That's Scott from Florida. Yeah, yes, got. There's many advantages to the night shift. The fact that you don't have your boss breathing down your neck, that would be big. It's just a little calmer at night. I'm wired. You might not be wired that way, hard wired that way, but I just feel more creative at night than I do during the day usually, so that's nice.
Speaker 3: And no traffic driving to and from your job usually there's.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of traffic. I also liked the fact that when you work the night shift your days off, you still stay up late at night and you just kind of have the run of the place and you have time during the day before work. You can go out and do stuff and things are usually open and all that. I I just enjoy. I think it's great and I've done it in a long time. And if they paid me enough money, I'd go to the day shift. But other than that, I like doing the night thing.
Speaker 3: I like this. You know what I missed about that shift was running errands in the morning when other people are in a hurry to get to work. You already finished your shift, so I'd be walking around grocery stores and it was just me and senior citizens in.
Speaker 1: There, senior sneaker crowd.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the night shifts.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 1: We'll be glad to do live radio at night for you. We Bulldog, We Bulldog in Fullerton says, oh no, happy post Super Bowl Sunday, Ben and Danny G a few points. First, Demolition Man was the movie Danny G was talking about with a taco bell scene in the future. Second, he says Max Crosby playing his last game as a Raider, but Derek Carr is coming back, so it's a wash. Third, did you ever do you ever listen to Jerome and Charleston's call to some political show A caller brought up a while ago. It's the third rail, mom man, But it's pretty hilarious. Happens around the twenty seven minute mark. He sent me a link we Bulldog. I have not had a chance to listen to it yet. He says, would either of you get a call from the bosses if you let a caller rant and rant about politics for too long on your weekday?
Speaker 3: You had a whole segment on Bad Bunny. That's the third rail, my man.
Speaker 1: No, I think people tune in not to hear about politics. Sometimes you can't help it, though, because things become political, like Bad Bunny had become political and all that. But uh, yeah, you know, it's got to know if you sell cheeseburgers, like you look at in and out Burger, they sell hamburgers. They don't sell chicken, they don't sell fish, they sell hamburgers. They see all they have. That's people tune in for that. They want the they want the cheeseburgers.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you know what's interesting is the evolution of our format. Though you and I had to deal with stick the sports guy for a long time. Yeah, why don't you guys just stick to sports? Now there's actually listeners who ask us, why didn't you guys talk about that or talk about this? You guys should you know, you should give us your opinion on everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The other thing I've learned is that from going out and doing the Mallard meet and greets that we've done over the years, like most people a aren't that political, and so that people think everyone's like worked up into a ladder because they get fooled by the matrix and that whatever that is where everyone freaks out over everything. But in my experience actually meeting boots on the ground, most people just trying to get through the life. They know they're not that worked up politically. They might roll their eyes at stuff that somebody does that they don't agree with politically, but they're not like worked up into a ladder and all that. And also the stuff you see online compared to the real world in terms of where people are politically just in general, even when they're really worked up politically, is not what you're led to believe.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think there's a lot of listeners who are just like us, where their focus is on sports maybe entertainment, But you're right, politics, I don't listen to political radio or any of that stuff. I honestly I don't like that format.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I pay attention to it, but I'm not a cess with it. Like I don't run my life around politics and things like that. I'm just like I'm trying to get through do my thing. That's it. But yeah, there are limits. We couldn't help during the Well, it's been really, it's been ten years, right, Remember in twenty sixteen that presidential race.
Speaker 3: Good I was there on the air with you and we played we broke into live programming and we put the CNN feed on the air, remember, and we played Donald Trump's acceptance speech on your show.
Speaker 1: To a tag o volliyah. Yeah, my god, that's been ten years, right. And then I think it was twenty sixteen he took over, and then or was the election in twenty sixteen, I don't remember, it was around that time. And then obviously four years and then, god, man, seems like a couple of days ago, or at least a couple of months ago. Wild let's see out.
Speaker 3: Also of the retirement.
Speaker 1: My man, man, it's flying bob oh, you got us got slow down the rocket ship on my head alf from the mailroom. What's in the box. Well, listen, alf, I'm glad you brought this up, and I apologize for not bringing this up sooner. So I did a heartfelt eulogy to the character known as Roscoe the Parrot and his keeper David from winter Park, Florida, who we are ninety eight percent sure passed away. No official announcement came down. There was a there was a posting in Florida in the town where he lived, with details. Someone by his name David from winter Park, Florida, who had a I didn't know his exact birth date but had a similar birthdate, passed away and we had not heard from David in a while. So I did a tribute to David and Roscoe the Parrot. This is the guy that drove from winter Park, Florida all the way up to Boston for a one and a half hour maler meet and greet we did at the cask in Flat, and he had his character. He called the show Roscoe the Parrot, and it was it was crazy because I said, Hey, where's Roscoe the Parrot? When he showed up to the thing in Boston, he said, oh, you want to meet Roscoe. I said, yeah, I want to meet Roscoe. So David walked out and then I thought he was going to get the parrot. And then like thirty minutes later, so he walked back in and I got Roscoe the parrot. I said, I don't see I don't see a parrot. You're making that up. And he said it's behind my back. I said, oh really, and then he pulled a stuffed animal parrot and my guy Danny Alf, I'll post some photos on it today and Facebook. So Alf sent me in the mail like a brother of Roscoe the parrots. So I have now in my possession. This is this is gonna be a prized item. I want to thank Al for this. I have a Roscoe the parrot. I'm now the proud owner of a Roscoe the parrot.
Speaker 3: That was it's taxidermy.
Speaker 1: Well, it's You'll be very impressed, Danny when you see Roscoe.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I mean, in fact, I must send you a photo. Here. Hold on, I say here, let's get some hit the phone button thing here, hold on a sec I'll click on this.
Speaker 3: Duo duo doo doo. Oh, I see it. N it's just a plush, well tought animal.
Speaker 1: You you say it's plushed. You say, plush. But to me, that's Roscoe. That's the beauty of Roscoe, the parrot right there. That's the magic of it. Low maintenance. It's the perfect pet, low maintenance, and you can't be allergic to it. So thanks to alf, I appreciate that that's a good looking bird.
Speaker 3: I was hoping for some taxidermy that smelled like the outdoors.
Speaker 1: JT. The Wingman from just outside Knoxville, Tennessee, writes, and he says, dear bandon Danny g After an incredibly boring Super Bowl, I'm looking forward to the Daytona five hundred.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I know you rarely mentioned the NASCAR racing series on your show, as you like to say you broadcast and not narrow cast. I am a fan of it. And since Fox is broadcasting the race, will you spend any of the first football this Sunday watching the race? I will be cheering for the old man Kyle Busch, as I am in that age group. I hope you will watch some and possibly mention the race on Monday show. That's from JT. The wing Man says. I will be watching Benny versus depending on the exercise bike this weekend like normal. Well, JT no new episode this week. There was some scheduling issues on Benny Versus The Benny. Hopefully we'll get the year in Review episode this following week, but you can watch classic episodes of Benny Versus The Penny JT as for the Daytona five hundred JT The wing Man.
Speaker 3: Sixty eight, sixty eight Running of Days only five hundred beget it, bugin It, bugin.
Speaker 1: I will. I will check it out. I'm not gonna be obsessed with it. I'll have it on the background.
Speaker 3: How about that.
Speaker 1: I will have that on rather than the whatever that NBA thing is.
Speaker 3: I guess. Yeah. And you're a big Blaney fan, right, you have a cut off Blaney shirt?
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever that is, I don't I don't know what that No, I do what that is.
Speaker 3: But Ryan Blaney's one of the favorites Joey Logano I.
Speaker 1: Gano.
Speaker 3: He's been doing that a lot. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I'll check it out, and if something crazy happens, I'll make a deal with j If there's something that's worthy of a monologue mentioned in a monologue, I'm willing to do that. I've done NASCAR mogs. I used to do one a year. I do four golf monologues a year for the majors. I'm down to really one golf monologue a year that's at the Masters in April. That's usually the old we do now on golf because it's so boring to talk about.
Speaker 3: And normally on your show, we would do it with the pickham We would we would pick the NASCAR drinkers.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, the Daytona pick them. Yeah yeah, that's right. Got rid of the pick them. Lorraine is not really up on the sports stuff, so it's hard.
Speaker 3: To be I didn't know you didn't do pick him anymore?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we you know, we just couldn't do it. She's she's not a sports fan, so it's hard just me and Coop. It's kind of Eddie's got off the show, so how about shut up? Really kind of an impossible bit to do the way the show's at right now, what else do we have to see? A next one? Kwang from Ho Chi Minh Vietnam rights and he says Big Ben and Danny g radio happy belated National Soup Day. He says, I was I guess yesterday was the show soup Day? Earlier this month is my nod goes to chicken noodle soup. Chicken noodle soup's fun. I like chicken noodle soup, which is like mock. You put matza ball soup in there. He can do the French onion.
Speaker 3: And all that.
Speaker 1: And then he says, the definition of hullaballoo is as follows, a loud, continued noise or mixture of noises, or a state of commotion, excitement and violent disturbance and uproar. Yeah, I use hullabaloo as a state of commotion. Pandemonium would be another word you can use, but I do like the word hullabaloo. He says, the next time you're in North Carolina, will you be visiting Hullabaloo of Flat Rock for breakfast, lunch and more. And then he sent me the menu there from the Hullaballoo restaurant, which is a good name. They've got their traditional buttermilk pancakes. You can get hash bowl vegan hash that want that roasted carrots and yogurt. That sounds disgusting.
Speaker 3: Now, what are the other words that are really fun to say? I like bamboozled.
Speaker 1: Bamboozle's great. I love bamboozoled. Schmndrick is a good word. I use that a fair amount, a lot of the older words.
Speaker 3: The old yeah yeah, and some of the slang that you grew up with. Like I was impressed because last Friday CNR kept using word schlub.
Speaker 1: Schlub's a good one too. Yeah yeah. I have been obsessed lately with the thing of a jig and the what you might call it. I I use that a lot. I like that gizmo is a fun word. Uh, I don't.
Speaker 3: Ing.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to go what other There's a bunch did I say gizmo? Gizmo's a good one. Gizmo's a solid one. I mean, there's and it.
Speaker 3: Was the name of a gremlin, that's right, that's right back in the back of the day.
Speaker 1: So there's a there's a bunch of mean. I try to mix those in as much as I can, because it's it just changes it up a little bit. You don't want to, you know, I keep saying the same words over and over. I my God, my God, enough enough enough change it up? You know, throwing an income poop, you know that's a good word to an income poop, right. Flum exed. I like the word flummoxed. I've used that at there's one I don't use that often, which is pretty good skullduggery. That's pretty good skullduggery. Got zukery, which is kind of a like in that same family and those kind of things. All right, next up, But what do we have to see? You keep going on? The mail bag is a good one. Dingle hopper. That's you can use that all right?
Speaker 3: Now you're getting carried away.
Speaker 1: No, that's the word dingle hopper. I'm I'm making that up.
Speaker 2: Look it up.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I swear to god. That's a word, dingle hopper. I'm not sure what it means, but I know it's work. I don't know. I have no idea what it means, but I know dingle hopp a word. My right hand was getting a workout. Hey, that still gets played today. That was That was right, That was a sleep technique. Let's see dingle hopper. Let me see here, I'm telling me, uh oh, here we go. Look at this. Dingle hopper is an artifact from a sunken ship.
Speaker 3: Look at that. How about Ariel use that word on the Little Mermaid.
Speaker 1: I'm quoting the Little Mermaid. How about.
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: You are so nineteen eighties?
Speaker 1: Man, late eighties. Come on now, all right, next up Johnny here Johnny. Johnny is from Boston. He says, Ben and Danny, do you guys have a problem with the smell of chicken? He says, here in Boston they're trying to evict a raising Keynes because they people in the building are complaining it smells like chicken.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: What what says? The restaurant here spent two hundred thousand dollars to try to minimize the odor in the building. And this is on Boyleston Street, which is one of the legendary parts of Boston. He says, they put an exhaust system in and all this stuff, and they still want to trying to get evicted, and so they're suing. Uh, and this is the building's trying to put a Panda Express in instead of instead of canes. Well, what's the point. Is it gonna smell like orange chicken? Then it's gonna still get smell like chicken. It's gonna be a different kind of chicken. No, stop, if you have a if you are the person leasing the restaurant, what did you think raising canes was gonna smell like flowers?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, it's obviously gonna smellict.
Speaker 3: I mean it kind of has a wanton soup smell when you walk into Panda. So I would rather smell the chicken.
Speaker 1: By the way, Danny, when you go to these places, if you were there all the time, wouldn't you get used to them? You know what I'm saying, Like you kind of get used.
Speaker 3: To it kind of. But but I think it's overkilled pretty quickly. Because there was a hotel I stayed at for a week back in the day when I was on a vacation and there was an in and out close enough to wear that onion, that strong onion smell from in and out kept waffling over and on day one I was like, oooh in and out. That makes me want some in and out. And then on day four I was like, fucking in and out. I don't ever want to smell their restaurant ever. Again.
Speaker 1: It's nasty, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I think that's what it is. It's just it's too much.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like my advice with real estate. People always want these amazing views and like, oh I need this, and I'm I'm I was like, well, nah, it's the amazing view is more important. If you're on vacation somewhere than if you live there, because if you live there, you don't really pay attention to it. And I was reminded of that when I was in San Francisco. My brother in law lives right on the Pacific Ocean, beautiful ocean, views the mighty Pacific right and I went. I was like, wow, this is crazy. A little table out there. You can sit out and have a nice bite to eat and look at the ocean. And I was like, this is really cool. And how often do you guys come out here? Oh? Never, we did when we moved in, But then we know that they're living there, lives, they're not sitting out there looking at the ocean. But for me visiting, I was like, wow, this is great, this is great, you know. And they're like they're okay. Ryan from Shrewsbury, Mass Writes and he says, hello boys, Happy Daytona five hundred day. As you may not know, I am a huge NASCAR fan, so I'm very excited for the race today.
Speaker 3: Look at it.
Speaker 1: Two NASCAR people, Danny. My question this week from Ryan is Ben, Since you are a self proclaimed radio loser, how do you feel about the Ham Radio have you ever had one experience with one? Just curious your thoughts on that. Hope to see you guys soon in Worcester. Thank you much love, he says Ryan from Shrewsbury. Well. Ham radio big part of my childhood, I've pointed out, and Danny knows this line that unlike Howard Stern, whose father worked in radio at a radio station, my father was a Ham radio operator, I'm the son of a Ham radio operator and my dad was fully invested in Ham radio. We lived in the place we lived growing up because they didn't have laws preventing those giant antennas that go up over your chimney, so you could places. My dad had a whole setup in Ham radio and so we were allowed to have this huge antenna on top of the building. And my dad loved Morse code. There were two ways to do Ham radio. There was the Morse code way and then there was obviously a spoken word. My dad was one of the last people that did Morse code. He loved Morse code and he used to annoy me and I bust his chops. He wanted me to become a hand radio. The reason I would have done Ham radio I could not figure out the fricking Morse code.
Speaker 3: Agree and do it. Ben, That's the hardest test I've ever had in my entire life. I think I've told you before. You and I have ham radio in common because my electronics teacher had an ROP class in high school and he said, you could either do the bookwork all semester, or you can get your ham radio license. If you get your Hamm radio license, it's an automatic A hell yeah, hell to the Yeah, I'm getting my license. So you know, studying for the actual Hamm radio test was not the hard part. Passing the Morse code test was the effing hard part. And it took me. You got three tries. It took me the third and final try to pass the test.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was. It was one of the few things I my dad was disappointed I never passed the test. I was and I was like, oh, yeah, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: Sounds like fun. My dad was really into it. That can be like a father son bonding thing, but I never I never got to pull that off. But yeah, So I have much respect for ham radio, and not too many ham radio operators left these days. It's a very very unique small group that does Ham radio, although a lot of cities my dad would always This was another thing that I used to bust my dad's balls about because my dad was in the city we lived in growing up. He was a emergency Ham radio operator because in a massive earthquake or natural disaster, all communication will be done. Yeah, the only thing that they claim will work is Ham radio. Everything else will not work.
Speaker 3: They were true first responders back in the day because when there was no phone service and power was out, the Ham radio dudes would be on their walkie talkies, the handhelds. Those batteries were already charged in there, and so they could communicate with each other on those walkie talkies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, for sure. So I much love to the Ham radio crowd. I know Terry in England. I believe he's a Ham radio guy. I don't know how many others are out there all right. Now, next up we'll do a few more Mike from Wisconsin, says Ben, and Danny I says Ben. I know you're not much of a music guy, but Danny is, how can the music missus survive this? And then he sent me a story here. Danny, I don know if you're familiar with this. It says. A K pop band made of furries has gone viral on Spotify. K pop boy band comprised of not one, not two, not three, not four, but five furries. Their debut single, First Step, reached three hundred thousand streams on Spotify. I have a satin night, John on what do you want to.
Speaker 3: Do, Mike?
Speaker 1: You want to do my rant about how the download numbers are bullshit? On? I don't know that anyone's actually listening to that crap or we're all going to hell because people are listening to it. What do you want me to I don't know. I know nothing about a K pop boy band made of furries? Danny? Are you familiar with the K pop boy band made of five furries? Does this do for you?
Speaker 3: I am familiar with K pop dmon hunters though, and let me tell you something that music sucks bad bad.
Speaker 1: All these are interesting. The furries have changed, Danny. I'm looking these These are like, these are Disney level furry costumes. This is not your normal. Let me see I can send this to you. Let me just copy the image here like the kind of cartoons characters you'd see a Disneyland walking around. Wow, those are expensive furry costumes.
Speaker 3: Oh, that is impressive.
Speaker 1: I look at that. It's like Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 3: Wow. All right.
Speaker 1: Uh. The name Bastie stands for bastard teens in everywhere. According to their website, there you go, naughty cute, naughty but cute boys around your neighborhood. Sucks.
Speaker 3: Wow. Let me ask you, Ben, what's worse this? Or AI generated artists who don't exist in real life?
Speaker 1: Well, how do we know these people actually exist? It's just some people in costumes. Maybe it's all AI too. I think all of it's like terrible. Yeah, it's that nightmare. And the kids are in people that listen to the like the AI Like, what's I don't know, don't you want to hear? Like real real people wouldn't. That's the talent, that's the art, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe not.
Speaker 1: Reggie from Detroit wright saying hello. Reggie says, hey, Ben and Danny, this is more evidence that hockey fans are just cut different. And he said, this is like an old story, Reggie, Come on, man, it happened this week. We all talked about Danny, the guy that was on the run from the police for sixteen years and then he back to the Olympics because he wanted to watch the hockey, and the Italian police nabbed them when he when he went back.
Speaker 3: This is like the Super Bowl sting back in the day. Remember oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: They'd have the contest for tickets.
Speaker 3: Right and yeah, you free tickets. All the people went to some little convention center and thought they were in the running for their tickets, and instead they got handcuffed.
Speaker 1: Surprise, surprise, surprise, Yes, good luck. Yeah, thank you Reggie for listening. How lucky Tony Wright Sin says Ben and Danny g When you mentioned the Bears versus forty nine Ers game, you wondered if I went. Yes, Fortunately I was able to go. I was the guy in the Bears jersey. I have to say it was a good game and time. Even with the dramatic loss. The vibe at Levi's reminded me of an Oakland Athletics game. Cool folks. Now, you might think I'm getting soft because I wasn't upset with the loss for the Bears. But when it comes to Bears football, half chubbed Bears Lucky Tony. What a character this guys.
Speaker 3: Man. See messages like that make me happy. NFL blse, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We got a wait a while. Well, I get to all this time.
Speaker 3: I know I just want football year round.
Speaker 1: And I hear Nick in Wisconsin says Ben and Danny, longtime, no talk. Currently cleaning my house, and I know that thirty minutes later my kids will have wrecked it. My question, is there anything worse than cleaning and being satisfied just to have your kids mess it up again? That's from Nick.
Speaker 3: I'm Brenda and I are living this every hour, every day, every week, every year. Now. I swear to God, we spend half our lives here at home picking up after CoA. Because he'll go from station to station of his toys downstairs, and he will just take things out, put them in a pile, kind of kick him around a little bit, and then now he wants to color, so then he'll go put all the Krans in a pile. Then he goes to this spot to put all his cars and trucks in a pile, and I stop them, and I look at him, and I say it very calmly, but I say, CoA, you can't be taking shit. I don't say that word. You can't be taking stuff out to make a mess. Come on man, So I'm we're constantly following him around cleaning up after him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's a it's a nightmare. What I like to do is when you go out of town for the weekend or something, get it all clean right before you leave. And that way, at least even though as Noah's there, when you come back, you're like, oh, look how clean the beds may and all that stuff. That's that's the satisfaction. But yeah, it's very frustrating. And I have that, you know, it's a little different.
Speaker 3: I do that.
Speaker 1: I'm the dishwasher. I'm a really good dish washer. I'm the dish washer in the house, and I wash the dishes and then by the time I wake up because I sleep during the day, they'll be a bunch of dishes. And I'm like, what the heck?
Speaker 3: You see, you don't have a toddler at home, So let me explain this to you in your terms. This would be like if you just got done with a big batch of dishes and twenty minutes later there were dirty dishes back in the sink every single time you did a big batch of dishes.
Speaker 1: Now I've learned my lesson. I'll wait my wife. Sometimes I eat once a day pretty much. Sometimes on the weekends I'll eat a couple of times. But on the days I eat once, I'll be like, all right, and then I'll ask my other yeah you're good. She's a snacker, and she'll bell yeah, I'm good, and then inevitably chobell I decided to have a snack, So then there'll be some extra dishes.
Speaker 3: I'm like you out.
Speaker 1: There, yea guy from Texas. Guy from his name is Guy and he's from Texas. He is Ben and Danny, I know Ben, you have mentioned about farting before. Time to update your references. And then he sent this story now that we had talked about this on the podcast, Danny and thank you guy for finding this. So a couple years ago, there was a study done that said that humans fart fourteen times a day. A lot of them are silent assassins. Well, now, according to this guy from Texas, says humans cort in the University of Maryland, they used smart underwear. How great is that they put censors right near you, took us right where the stuff comes out, and humans fart twice as much as originally thought using the smart underwear, confirming the average person passes wind thirty two times a day.
Speaker 3: About that? Come on thirty times? Nosy, that's too much.
Speaker 1: No, thirty two times a day. That works out to two hundred and twenty four farts per week, seven days, eleven thousand, six hundred and eighty farts per year. That's twelve almost twelve thousand farts per year. That's wild though. Those sound like some inflated fart numbers. You questioning the science, Danny, Don't question the science. How dare you thirty two times a day?
Speaker 3: Those are some faulty fart sensors.
Speaker 1: So if you fart thirty two thousand times a day, Danny, or thirty two times a day and only a few of them, you actually know you're doing right most of the time. You must not. Did you just naturally two thirty two times a day?
Speaker 3: I mean that sounds like it's picking up any little butt clamp movement down there that doesn't count as a real fart that is fertilized.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just I'm just telling you. This is the story he sent me. I don't know he was bullshit, but it says thirty two times a day. Let's see here, let's feel it.
Speaker 3: Or hear it, or it didn't happen ank or smell it, I.
Speaker 1: Guess, Davis in oc writes in he says, guys, I don't know if you're watching the Winter Olympics or not, but there was a story that had showed up, and he sent me the story here. It says pre exercise sex can actually boost performance for male athletes.
Speaker 3: That's why those ten thousand extra condoms were ordered and sent to the Olympic village.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it? I thought it was always women got more energy from the sex than the men. Wasn't that the story for years when we were growing up, Danny, like men you were not supposed to engage before a big boxing match or something like that, but women were supposed to because before athletic competition, because it gave women more energy. Hey, when Ronda I struggled.
Speaker 3: With you, as a man, if you lay it down properly, your chick knocks out, just like how the guide knocks out. Okay, she didn't like get up and start vacuuming.
Speaker 1: You remember when Ronda Rousi became a thing in boxing? You remember when she become of a king of.
Speaker 3: Course, Yeah yeah, yeah, you interviewed her well, yeah.
Speaker 1: But right before that she had gone on with Jim Rome and talked about how she'd liked to have a bunch of sex before matches or whatever. So she came in and she was doing a media think, so she came in the next day to talk to I was doing a show with Chris Myers and she came in to do the interview. So we asked her about it, and she all embarrassed and she wouldn't talk about it because she had her younger sister with her.
Speaker 3: Chris Myers would say.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh I could because I so yeah. But consciousness. Contrary to popular belief, scientists in the University of Oh here we go University of Valid Lloyd Valladolid I have no idea, that must be in Europe somewhere, have found that pre exercise section actually boost performance. In their study, the team analyzed the performance of male athletes thirty minutes after they self gratified danny and compared it to their performance after a week of abstinence, and surprisingly, they found that the athletes were able to exercise for longer and were even stronger following sexual activity. Corny researchers sex might act like a natural war come up for the nervous system, says a little rub and tug thirty minutes before exercise. I listened mild sympathetic and hormonal activation.
Speaker 3: So it was a performance enhancer for Justin Tucker.
Speaker 1: Ove, aren't there some guys that been well, A lot of guys will throw up before games. I don't know if they're going in the bathroom. And yeah about that man, we got a bunch of email. I don't how says we have time to get to do a couple more. Let's see here.
Speaker 3: Pick two good ones.
Speaker 1: I don't know it's good. I mean a bunch of these Ian from Santa Barbarasis. Could this piece or scratch off? A man in China has filed a lawsuit against the store owner after he lost one hundred and thirty thousand dollars on lottery tickets. Guys suit one hundred and thirty How do you spend one hundred and thirty thousand dollars on lottery tickets?
Speaker 3: One of my claims to fame? I know yours. You've never bought a cup of coffee before?
Speaker 1: You had a cup of coffee?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've never purchased a lotto ticket before. Never, ever, never, what's.
Speaker 1: Not when it got to like ten billion dollars or something like that.
Speaker 3: Nope. One of my elementary school teachers told me in the class. He said, your odds of winning the lottery in California are the same odds of everybody in your city all flushing all their money down their toilets and it coming up your toilet.
Speaker 1: It's not wrong, not wrong at all. Let's see I do. I don't really play the lottery that much. I am amazed that you can lose that much as sir scratch Off, though Ian does. He claims to have a two or three hundred dollars a week lottery habit like he's he's doing a lot of stuff like pend a lot of money on that. La la, la la. What do we got here?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, I thought this was appropriate. Jordan from Tampa says Ben and Danny, are you guys impressed at how whatever happens in science it's a doomsday? And then he said that scientists are now baffled to discover that over three thousand glaciers are surging, and they're now warning that this could actually even be more troublesome for the planet than glacial glacial glaciers melting. There you go, Danny. Remember the story was that all the glaciers are melting, We're all gonna die, the water level is going to go home. Now they've found over three according to Jordan, he sent me the story here, they found over three thousand glaciers that are surging, and so now they're claiming that that could be even worse. Well, here's the answer, though, Jordan, and we've ranted about this, and there are websites which if you really want to go to a fun place, type into the Google or the AI. Science Predictions gone wrong for the environment or something like that. There are going back to the nineteen sixties, I believe nineteen sixties. So we're talking about a long time, a lot of real estate and scientists making doomsday prophecy predictions. If we don't get X amount of money, we're all gonna die. And they get all the money and anything to raise taxes, but really to raise funding. It's one of the great hustles and it always works and no one ever calls them on it. Remember Al Gore made that movie in the early aughts or the oh was it before that? It's like two thousand and seven or two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: Member, of course. And that's one of the reasons why gasoline is so expensive where we live in California, because for years we got people screaming at us about how unhealthy the cars are. We better tax this and tax that to try to clean the air. I don't know how much trying to clean the air they've done, but they sure text the shit on of all of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. And there was also a story this week about electric cars in the UK. They did a study that claimed they have no proven carbon savings over just regular cars, and how many people bought those thinking they were fixing the world. And it's always amusing, though, the arrogance of people, especially in the United States, when you think about, well, we're going to fix the environment, and like this arrogance how they run the world. But yet if you go to India or China, are they keeping track, Danny of their carbon footprint in places like that? Probably not right, it probably not.
Speaker 3: In some of these people leading the charge flew to give their discussion about it in private jet.
Speaker 1: Oh it's like that that weasel, the leader of the People's Republic of California who travels around lying and he's like he's run for president, so he's going to all these global junkets, but he's not flying American airlines standby, he's not going on that. So Jordan, I'm not surprised. And it doesn't matter now that I'm at the point now, it's all anything that happens, it's all part of Earth's natural cycle. Nothing that we do or don't do is stop gonna stop it. It doesn't matter. You know, you can try to do things that you think are gonna help, and that's great, and I'm not gonna knock you for it, but it's all just to try to get money. And you know, it's the climate change agenda. It's like this is the greatest example, Danny for the last I don't happen to years, ten years, fifteen years. They've been saying, oh my god, we're all gonna die. The glaciers are shrinking and going away, and now they found these other glaciers that are surging, and now that's a problem. So everything's a problem. Thank you, Jordan. We'll get out on that, Danny. Thank you. It'd be great Sunday. I'll be in a normal week for me. On the overnight here be Yepp in a way tonight about I don't know what. I guess maybe the Daytona five on.
Speaker 3: Boogety boogety, But yeah, let's go. I'm gonna be watching there you go, so be yapping about all that, a little bit of the NBA All Star Weekend. I know you're really into night. Oh I can't unless you're not.
Speaker 1: Then you're on with the Covino and Rich guys this week right.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're going to be back on our usual time slot. Not until Thursday, o Ben, because Dan Patrick do you think he's gonna work President's Day? Now? Oh?
Speaker 1: His President's Day on Monday.
Speaker 3: No, President's Day is Monday. Dan Patrick does not work on President's Day. He's too much of a big shot. So yeah, Coveno and Rich we're gonna work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday on the Dan Patrick Show on those mornings.
Speaker 1: All right, enjoy that. We will be back next weekend. And thank you for those that reached out. And my sy Op worked again from the Saturday pot with the mailbag, so that was great. And we will gitch you tonight on the old fashioned radio on
Speaker 3: The radio, Yo, Bye bye later, skatering gotta murder, I gotta go