Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Yo Tranbelievable.
Speaker 2: Oh I can't how is that so, Brian the editor, if you remember this famous song Unbelievable by EMT from the nineties, because we're unbelievable. Oh that, oh, is a sample of the just like we're just joking, we're doing it before we start recording and then started.
Speaker 1: Going oh like like Polly walnuts are and it is actually a sample of Andrew Dice.
Speaker 3: Cleat unbelievable, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: And that, as we say, is unbelievable. Oh oh, my name's Jack got over there as Miles is the show where recording a show don't talk about anything. We just so that's the.
Speaker 3: Thing we found new listeners. We've found out that there are some more people.
Speaker 1: More people listening to the show. Tell your friends about it. Welcome, Welcome. Don't tell them the part about how the show is a second rate podcast and we're stupid and I peed myself that one time. Don't tell them that part. Just tell them about like this month that people say people allegedly you know, but.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, that's what you say, brouh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get the word out people. New listeners are coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome z I gang for no good reason.
Speaker 1: Our show's bad. No, it's a it's fine.
Speaker 3: Uh, or on our show is bad. I don't know. Maybe it's just spiraling on Mike.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the fuck are you even doing here? Man? And mom Donnie? Yeah, mom Donnie. Isn't it?
Speaker 3: Is that.
Speaker 1: Donny? I'm Donnie? Is it? Boy?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Of Cuomo for the first Yeah, the polls, I mean, has been running a pretty good campaign. How does he do it? Is it the social media? I mean there is he is really good with all their campaigns, very good at the social media. It's probably also like the legit populism, you know what I mean, that's the.
Speaker 1: Thing that got in the way of the Democrats winning the election last time. So like, I don't understand how that that should be hurting him. He's running against like main centrist Democrat Guy Cuomo. He should be getting crushed according to the Democratic Party, like this guy must real liability?
Speaker 3: What's going on here? I mean again, like this is a thing that really people the campaigns should take a look at. Again, not for the Democrats because they've lost the plot, but like actual progressives or like DSA candidates people who are like running for office to upset the status quo. Uh, this is a pretty good blueprint. But I think more than that, it's just merely what he stands for and what he's saying in this time of great strife and inequality, and.
Speaker 1: That his opponent in the city of New York is somebody whose bagel order is an English muffin and who doesn't even know that you say bacon, egg and cheese.
Speaker 3: It's a bacon, cheese and egg on muffin. Bacon, cheese and egg.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Cool, to keep my grillish figure. Ah. Sorry, I can't stop flirting like a fucking creep anyways. Uh yeah, he pulled ahead in the polls, which we don't put a lot of stock and poles here on the daily.
Speaker 3: So it's really about familiarity. Like clearly the voting population there is familiar with Zorin and that's.
Speaker 1: And also these sords of people generally surprised do better on election day than they are doing in the polling. The Atlantic for one, does not. They seem pretty nervous because they just dropped an article h New York is not a democracy. I saw that could rank choice voting helped Zoran Mamdani beat Andrew Cuomo and then a picture of him looking dumb, and that's.
Speaker 3: Crazy the pro genocide the Atlantic is questioning Zoran Madanni's candidates.
Speaker 1: And then theyre just like drew a bunch of shit all around, Like just it's.
Speaker 3: So fucking disgusting how they're slamming this guy merely because he's like a Muslim guy supports Palestinian people, is also anti landlord. So like literally every part of the establishment is like.
Speaker 1: What he guy swooped into the mayoral race when it was clear there was no strong front runner. Oh wait, no, that might be Cuomo they're talking about anyways.
Speaker 3: Well, either way, like Cuomo is also engaging in some pretty disgusting Islamophobia bullshit, because he was sending out attack mailers against Mamdani that were like exaggerating his facial hair, like thickening it and elongating it. Yeah, to make him look like some kind of I don't know, I think like al Qaeda analog or something thing is what they're going for. And these were aimed at Jewish voters in the city in order to paint his like pro Palestinian support as him being a threat to Jewish people in the city. Really fucking cool, Cuomo. Yeah, so may may your rise in the polls continues on, and would love to see you be the first Muslim mayor of New York City.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, CDC, how's that going? So RFK Junior took over, But he promised.
Speaker 3: That sign off that you say has now become way too real.
Speaker 1: He promised, Miles. He promised at the start that he was gonna be cool about the vaccine stuff.
Speaker 3: You sound like Senator Bill Cassidy, who's been saying that, who's like He told me. That's why I confirmed him, is that he would it wouldn't be a bunch of nonsense around vaccines.
Speaker 1: Well, so he just fired the whole independent Vaccine Advisory Panel and replaced them with people who mm hmm, you guessed it. Uh huh, don't give a fuck about sign We.
Speaker 3: Don't give because about science. Yeah, just a just a bunch of anti vax grifters, COVID conspiracy theorists, uh, COVID vaccine skeptics.
Speaker 1: I think we don't give you your own research.
Speaker 3: The most like, I guess normal of these people is like the COVID vaccine skeptic. And then you just have across the board anti vaccine, you know what I mean. But it's like the people were like skeptical. Is like I guess the most reasonable seeming people that he's appointed to this what was an independent body about this stuff, but this is Yeah, the people are there's walkouts at the CDC, calls for RFK Junior to resign, obviously because as many public health experts are saying, like, this is going to lead to a fucked up spread of totally preventable illnesses.
Speaker 1: So what happened when he went to I think it was American Samoa and was like spread yeah, me like during a measles outbreak, was like, uh, you know, we got we gotta be careful about these about these vaccines and led to the deaths of children, and then later was like I don't well, I wouldn't take I wouldn't blame me for that.
Speaker 3: Them following literally what I said about vaccines about me, and I did say measles, I'd be more worried about weasels, and yeah, some children unfortunately passed away. Like it's really fucked up to the point where.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, you can treat all this stuff with vitamin A.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cool, cool, cool, dude. So shit's still falling apart everywhere else. You know, It's not just La It's still happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, full ques are They're burning way mos Mmmm.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: No, on this podcast, in this household, we believe the way mods are the future. Treat them well and let them lead the way. Okay, Whitney, That's all I care about is the way.
Speaker 3: No. The other thing you care deeply about his Jaws.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Jaws the movie. My first personality as a four year old, the guy who likes Jaws a lot. I'm still still eating off that.
Speaker 3: I mean for new listeners of the show. Canonically, Jack is the one of the biggest Jaws fans there are. Love Jaws, and he kind of is into the idea of getting his whole shit bit by a great I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So, like I had seen Jaws one hundred times by the time I was like six years old, and that was like the first thing I told people about myself. It was my whole personality. And then when they would be like, what do you want to be when you grow up, Josh, I would say, I want to be eaten by a shark. I want to be a sharkyologist, which was made up phrase that I came up with that was cute. You know. I had it with some adults and they thought it was cute, and then they were like, oh, that's cute. I was like, and then I want to get eaten like quint at the end.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ, what was an adults reaction to be like? And then my dream is to be consumed by a shark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sharchaology ah and get consumed and turned into shark energy. So I'm flowing through there on This little boy's breath does smell like vodka. Anyways, We've got good news. We've got news that I feel like is just like that a science writer is like, how can I bend this into the plot of Jaws?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely, yeah, And here we are. We've got the largest great white on record. At least there's a superlative. Yes, one of the largest. Are the they're saying the largest great white on record named contender, a fourteen foot, sixteen hundred pound shark has.
Speaker 1: Been You need to name it like it's a fucking suv, I know, the Dodge contender.
Speaker 3: Maybe they were just like a fan of on the waterfront or something. Yeah, yeah, And then like it's like, no, that other one could have been a contender. This one is contender.
Speaker 1: This one is also on the waterfront right now.
Speaker 3: Feast exactly been spotted with their like GPS tracker for the first time, just off the coast of North Carolina.
Speaker 1: I mean, they really set the shit up for dramatic tension. They have it tagged, but it's a tag that's on its dorsal fin that you can only track when it's dorsal fin breaks the surface. So it's like they just yeah, exactly, it's like the part at where like the yellow things pop to the surface and then the dorsal fin comes up.
Speaker 3: It's like right, and we back, but yeah, it's right right outside the outer banks. Now, as a marine biologist say, quote feeding aggressively, and it's funny. In this article, they're like, and this is near a beach town where people go during the summer and one of the great Anyway, they're saying, this isn't really anomalist. This is just part of a pattern where they're just gonna load up and eat because then they have one thousand mile swim they gotta do. So normal shark tings basically obviously don't go out there and try and blow this fucker up with a barrel full of tannerite or something. As we all know, Steven Spielberg basically kicked off the start the shark extinction event.
Speaker 1: The novel, the novel that he based his film on. Right, So you might not realize this, but the novel Draws has a film based on it. Was how Steven Spielberg's quote was, he was, like, I do, in many ways feel a little bit responsible for the thing that was this like anti shark bias that was kicked off by the novel. And also, you know that's like Hitler based on the novel.
Speaker 3: That's like Hitler blaming the protocols of the Elders of Zion. He's like, I mean, you know, it was a book that the.
Speaker 1: Book, and then some of the actions that I did based off of the book.
Speaker 3: Book or believes anyway, it's not all me. But anyway, Steven Spielberg great to see. Also, I mean, shout out to him, because all of these headlines hit our brains like this because of Jaws, Like yeah, great white shark spotted off you know, the coast of of of a you.
Speaker 1: Know, aggressively feeding off the coast of a picturesque beach Town does sound dope as hell. There's also there was a like, I think it was like twenty twenty or like sixty minutes, one of those like news magazine TV shows that had like a guy on who just fucks with like great white sharks and like goes out and like swims with them and is like they're actually really lovely creatures and like will like just swim with great white charts.
Speaker 3: I've definitely seen videos of that of I guess people doing that, and I'm like, what the fucker? I mean whatever, you know, go be grizzly man however you want to.
Speaker 1: I mean I would, I would love to be the grizzly man of great White sharks.
Speaker 3: Would you jack get into like a cage and do that whole thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely into a cage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh dude, the way you just no thought like, oh yeah, yeah, so you cage. You really want to you really want to be down there with them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I feel like, yeah, right, cage isn't going to get bent up part, Like, first of all, they don't want to.
Speaker 3: In the video where the one almost breaches the cage, they're terrifying video. No, like some tourists are doing it. They get in the diving cage and the fucker's mouth just like starts breaking through and they're.
Speaker 1: Like, ah, can we put me up? Pull me up please?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the safe word again. Jaws, jaws, jaws.
Speaker 1: The safe word. You need a safe word. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back, and Warner Bros. Discovery just split.
Speaker 3: It just can't quit this one.
Speaker 1: So this is an ongoing story. We're big zaslav fans.
Speaker 3: Over here, love the Sky of Warner Brothers.
Speaker 1: CEO of Warner Brothers, you know, one of the villains of the Writer's Strike, one of the villains of just like everything. CEO Media CEO Dum Cdo dumb, literally CEO dum Dumb. But there's a report, so Warner Brothers Discovery is now splitting. So it's just Warner Brothers and Discovery as separate companies. After joining those companies, so it went Warner Brothers joins with Discovery, launch HBO, Max drop HBO so we're just Max uh and then this year add back HBO, Max make a big announcement about it, and now splitting Warner Brothers from Discovery.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a lot of bad decisions are being made over here.
Speaker 1: You think so, but I mean what does it cost? Like it's just keeping them in their name in the headlines and like it's not like they have to pay money for doing these bad Wait a second here, So it turns out they've been consulting. They've hired Hedge Consulting AG and see McKenzie to like instruct them on like how again, Like it's just like he's hired somebody to like tell him how to do his job, but also probably to so he has like he can be like, oh, that's what they said, So he doesn't ever have.
Speaker 3: Out source the decision making. So the risk isn't on you as much, yeah, but still is yeah.
Speaker 1: And so they advised them on all of these decisions, and somebody broke down like how much each decision cost them?
Speaker 3: So in twenty twenty two, McKenzie said, Warner Brothers, y'all should merge with Discovery into one company. And they said, oh, okay, And then they said, all right, for that advice, we're charging you fifty five million dollars okay, And they're like, okay, what a deal.
Speaker 1: Zaslov's like what a deal. I mean at that price? Fine, of course, hold no way.
Speaker 3: So your idea is to merge the two companies that are owned by the same entity. Good, good call, good call. Then between twenty two and twenty twenty five, McKenzie told them again to change HBO to HBO Max, then to Max, and then back to HBO Max.
Speaker 1: You know how they charge.
Speaker 3: Them for that sequence of decisions. Thirty seven million fucking dollars for that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at least at least I mean, that's a fucking deal. Yeah, okay, I was gonna guess way more. So that's a good deal.
Speaker 3: And now that's just getting weird. They're like, you know what McKenzie says, you know what, Warner Brothers Discovery, you guys should separate, And they're.
Speaker 1: Like, wait, you don't like your energy together.
Speaker 3: You told us like fucking three years ago to fucking merge. Actually, no, this is now, you guys should separate. That's definitely a good deal. Okay, fine, how much is the bill for that? Sixty three million dollars? McKenzie build Warner Brothers Discovery sixty three million dollars to basically be like, you guys should split up, even though we told you a couple of years ago for fifty five million dollars to get together. That's a total of one hundred and fifty five million dollars. They just down the toilet because they can't, just because these people are fucking so paid.
Speaker 1: Over one hundred million dollars to look indecisive and stupid.
Speaker 3: You know how many fucking original shows you could have produced, pilots you could have fucking financed for that, and then.
Speaker 1: What do we do about our com people are well, then they have to pay mckenzy to tell them if they should keep the pilot or Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's so funny because the McKenzie also will come and tell the studios and they're like, hey, actually, you know, like having diversities makes money, So think about that.
Speaker 1: That's the one piece.
Speaker 3: Guys are so fucking smart. How much is that seventy five million? There you go, we need to work at McKenzie man.
Speaker 1: Let's check out trumps approval real quick on a couple of things. Okay, we we did.
Speaker 3: See, can we move? Can we work for mckensey though, like Peo Booty.
Speaker 1: Judges, Uh no, I think you have to be like straight up a CIA agent to work for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: We have to be sheep dipped. Oh shit, yeah, where you like work for a cutout, like a thing. It's like not really a company, but it is a company, but it's actually the CIA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, podcasting, podcasting.
Speaker 1: That would be the perfect cover because like nobody knows, like who listens to what you.
Speaker 3: Could say of a podcast, And most of the time people are like, okay, whatever, asshole, you know, just keep it moving. You're like, oh god, it's a great cover. It's great cover. Or it'll be like, hey man, you like Rogan and you're like, uh, I'm sorry, I'm I'm a compulsive liar. I don't work in podcasting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually I'm a CIA agent.
Speaker 3: Just pivot to that.
Speaker 1: Whoa, dude, that's pretty cool. Yeah, and you know what, I'm not even allowed to talk about it or talk to you at all many way.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'm actually Kobe Bryant.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Trump's dumb ass is currently sending his approvals into the toilet, not that he gives a fuck, but all of the body snatching and broad daylight of innocent people and there apparently isn't going down well with people, even if they are like mainlining mainstream media visuals of burning autonomous vehicles and some spray paint being put on a wall. He was at the Kennedy Center, uh, for to see his favorite Apparently his favorite musical is Le miser Rob.
Speaker 1: That's fair h lay mis Bro. He's got very like cosmopolitan taste.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, and so while he was at the Kennedy Center that he's in the midst of absolutely gutting and changing all the programming so it's not woke anymore. Uh. He got a pretty mixed reception in Washington, d C. With people cheering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is mixed.
Speaker 3: This is definitely mixed.
Speaker 1: Definitely mixed.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying everybody's going in there because clearly people are also like DC changes with whatever whoever's in power. Yeah, Like, so you're gonna get definitely some maga people in there, but then you also have the DC locals. And this isn't raucous applause. This is like cheering and anger here it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some booze in there.
Speaker 3: No, there's definitely booz There's definitely people who are like yay too.
Speaker 1: It's hard to tell. Some people are like shaking their fist. It's either they're shaking their fist or they're like waving like one would at a boat, like back in the nineteen tens, like a boat is sailing away and or like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or it's like go go go, go fist, or it's like nineteen like a silent movie about a snake oil salesman.
Speaker 1: Rap scalion, like yah ya da. But what I think that I choose to believe it was the latter. Yeah, angry fist shaking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels I mean for that the age of that crowd, that's worse than the middle finger, as I understand it. Yeah, but it's also ironic because like earlier when people were filing in, a group of drag queens came in and like everyone was applauding them to But anyway, here he is. His approval ratings are now at thirty eight percent. People hate the Big Beautiful bill right now, it's at a twenty seven percent approval, which is I was like, oh, like even with Republicans, because Republicans, when they're asked about medicare more people are saying the funding needs to say at the same levels, if not more. Is where the Republican voters stand on medicare too, so anyway, everything else is in a surprise, like only he's underwater on everything, uh like forty three only like fifty four percent disapprove on immigration issues fifty six No, like it's immigration like used to not be he used to be. He was. He was pulling positively, which was like a lot of people the last polls were like, oh, he's using this as a green light for this shit. But then but then when it happens as you saw from like like the Latinos for Trump people in Miami and stuff, and like no but not oh wait no, not like this or there was I saw this thing in the Daily Beast where this guy Whood a roofing company in Florida, like six of his guys were taken away and he was like like really getting emotional by it, and he's like, but I supported the president, like you motherfuckers he is, Yeah, It's like I didn't think, who did you think? Listen to what the fuck they say? It's only the Democrats that don't follow through and what they're good about this on the campaign trade that's right, that's very fucking different.
Speaker 1: But literally a plurality over fifty percent disapprove straight up, like your options were approved, disapprove, not offer an opinion, Like so people could be like, oh, you know, I don't know yet, still making up my mind. Immigration fifty four percent disapproved, deportations fifty six percent, the economy fifty six percent disapproved, trade fifty seven disapprove universities, which I thought, like, I don't know based on how the mainstream media treats that, I assumed like they were doing that because people hated it. Fifty four percent of people disapprove of how he's doing that. Israel fifty two percent of people disapprove. Russia fifty seven percent disapprove.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, toilet dweller numbers.
Speaker 1: Like really bad in the thirties on the approval front on most of these.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this is kind of normal for him, right, Like most people are like, man, fuck this guy. But because you know, through minority rule in this country and the lack of like real you know, like voter protections being put in place, they can kind of figure shit out like this. But then like on Thursday, that's today. Actually, as I as I look at my fucking cylendar, help sun dial actually is what I use? Yeah, Like Trump posted this on truth social which indicates to me, at the very least he's hearing grumblings about the deportations. Doesn't mean he's gonna change anything, but he usually he doesn't give a fuck. But when he comes out to say, like address a certain industry usually means that the lobbyists or donors have been blowing his phones up. This is what he posted. Quote, Our great farmers and people in the hotel and leisure business have been stating that our very aggressive policy on immigration is taking very good, longtime workers away from them, with those jobs being almost impossible to replace in many cases, the criminals allowed into our country by the very stupid Biden open blah blah, blah blah. He said this is not good. But then he said, we must protect our farmers, but get the criminals out of the USA. Changes are coming. Now what that means, I don't fucking know.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe it means that his whole that the latest homeland security like advisement from Miller being like, just go to like home. Deep as long as you're making arrests of brown people, you're right. Yeah, maybe maybe that's not going over so big for some reason. Yeah, maybe making him look like a complete fucking idiot.
Speaker 3: Actually generally trying to villainize people who are here also like in under a process where they're attaining citizenship and paying fucking taxes. Is that maybe doesn't Yeah, yeah, maybe not. I mean here's the thing, like with all like the government spending cuts and things that are happening, that's like reverberating across political boundaries because there are many people who like rely on funding for certain programs that employ them or whatever, and so these ripple effects will continue at pace. So anyway, Las fine, though, for the record, LA is still fine.
Speaker 1: For the record, we are fine. All right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday, June twelfth. We are back tomorrow with a who last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines while you still can, might not be long. Get your flu shots. Don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye.
Speaker 3: The Daily Zeite Guys as executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Bee Wayne.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Victor Wright, co written by J M McNabb, and edited and engineered by Brian Jefferies.