Speaker 1: What is up, friendos, and welcome into leading off right here on Fantasy Pros. I am the Welsh, that is the Bogman. So you know what that means today is little.
Speaker 2: New it l order for.
Speaker 1: It, a little itl invasion here for leading off. Bogman is with me today as we are going through all the baseball stuff, because what a wee can we can always like playkate that stuff. We're like, hey, we got a lot to talk about. We got a lot to talk about, a lot of news and notes. We're gonna do some deep dives, big deep dives in here. There's some kind of significant injuries as well that are floating out there. But Bog's the only thing I actually care about in the world to know is are you officially jumping on Doomsday Day? Have you watched the trailer? Have you bought your tickets? Are you ready? Because the trailer dropped today. It's the only important thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know what we're to talking about Avengers Doomsday. Oh okay, okay, I have not seen any trailers. Okay, I have not bought any tickets, all right. And I also thought that I was lame for not seeing the Odyssey. This weekend, so I didn't even know when when is Doomsday out until but the tickets are. Of course we needed a trailer, you know what. I got all the tickets I need. Okay, I have all. If you need tickets, hit me up.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, well, Doomsday trailers out so we could talk about that another time. I'm glad to do it with you. Tickets are out, so you can go and buy that, but wait till the show is done. Then you can go and click over and you can do all the stuff and things if you'd like. As mentioned, tons of notes, crazy deep dives, weird stats that are floating out there, injuries, home runs, and even a little bit of betting action is what we have got because Joe Rico is out for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Bogman, who gets vacations, I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm here, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: We get the vacations, but we got to let to cover today. Do you want our mind? You guys? Though, obviously you can always watch the replay people that are here right now, you guys are covered, but you know replay is on YouTube. But for you YouTubers and the people that are hanging in here in the chat. Extra advantage for watching the show live Twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros is to not just have the show live, but giveaways. Because we have got giveaways. We are giving away a fifty dollars store credit and an FP Premium subscription for a year. That's pretty awesome. All you got to do is be on the live stream and leave a comment boom. If you do have a sub which you can do freely. By the way, if you have an Amazon Prime account, you just connect those two. You sub do us, you get a one and a half time odds boost. So if you want a chance and get in some swag, you want to also have a subscription for the year. All you got to do is do a comment below. We'll be doing that probably here at the end of the month, so go and lock in. But it is only on the Twitch, so make sure you go and do it if you're watching live on the YouTube after the fact and shout out to everybody hanging in here. You guys can grab your subs like we said we can. We'll try to give you a little shout out during the show and if you guys got questions, keep rolling with it. But let's jump into the show, and let's jump into the top headline, which I do feel that there are many. It is Hunter Goodman. Hunter Goodman with his second three run bomb game of the season. As you can see on there tying or. He is the first in franchise history with multiple three home run games. He is also one of only three players in baseball to have thirty homers right now, and he has been at the tippy top of trade talk the Boston Red Sox. I see fans alike across the board just trying to make a trade happen for him. Rockies are lowly and at the bottom. I think there's a lot of talk about just him in general as a trade option. I will say I was like a little just because I think he's a catcher, and I've been a little bit like, yeah, you could move off of him, blah blah blah. He has been nothing short of incredible. Those thirty homers go with sixty two runs, fifty six RB guy a two fifty seven average and five homers. He is pacing himself out to look like he's going to be at a fifty homer mark. So, Bogman, A, are you someone that wants to be in an acquisition market for Hunter Goodman, and B do you think he's going to get traded.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of the Rockies are going to get traded, right uh I, And I think Hunter Goodman is one of those. I just don't know if how much longer does he have on this contract. He's not a free agent till twenty thirty. He is arbitration eligible next year, so it's going to take a ball. This is a hall I feel like to get Hunter Goodman. But if you look at his numbers on the road, he has eighteen of his thirty bombs on the road. He's hitting two eighty two on the road versus two thirty at home. This is a dude that has been a better player on the road when his home field is Colorado. We're going to talk about another guy a little bit, or I guess on a different show in the trade market. I want to get rid of if he's because he's a Rocky and his numbers at home are good. Hunter Goodman is not that guy. He is crushing on the road as well. So I absolutely want to try to get Hunter Goodman if I can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been kind of trading one of the catches.
Speaker 2: Every year, by the way, Welsh, is it get col Rawley last year? Is gonna be Hunter Goodman this year? We have to pick a random one for next year as well. What that's just gonna hit fifty homers?
Speaker 1: Oh, catchers? Yeah, I mean it's it's just the new market, I suppose for it. His splits are weird, though not only the home road splits that you mentioned. He's better on the road, so that's one of those things where you typically be like, oh, well, you know, if he gets traded and you get out of Colorado, I don't like that. That's not a problem really because he hits two eighty two on the road, but he also, uh, he hits lefties better. He's hitting two ninety six against lefties and only two thirty nine against righty's, but twenty two of his thirty homers have come against righty's. His weird splits are out there, huge trade market stuff. I think because of the contract. I just don't know what a trade looks like. I think you'd have to trade pitching. I think the Red Sox can do it. Actually kind of think think he's going to be a highly sought after guy if he were to go to Boston, I think this might even still be better. Like I'm let me actually look I have it. You know how stat cast her Baseball savant does the Homers in a different ballpark. Let me see what Boston says, So Colorado, it's twenty eight if you just hit it home twenty three in Boston. So there's a little bit of a takeaway in Boston, though it doesn't matter because he you know, he does it all on the road anyways, So very very interesting. And speaking of the Red Sox, by the way, are they buyers now? The Boston Red Sox have won thirteen games? I did a CBS hit almost exclusively talking about this.
Speaker 2: Dude, the Mets would never.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's actually insane because if you would have done this two or three months ago, like you would laugh two months ago at the thought of the Boston Red Sox not winning thirteen games but owning a wild card spot being buyers because they looked like they were the number one sellers on the market. Roll as Chapman see us Sonny Gray, see Jared Duran see you you know Wilson contray all of those guys. Now it looks like they're going to be in a spot where I don't know if they're gonna make moves away or they're gonna move any pieces. Though I do kind of think Jared Duran is still weird. I think that's a guy that they could move in a trade that's like a plus And as a goalie is saying, holding onto a brave, I know a brave has been like kind of boring a little bit. But since I wanted this weekend, Yeah, since July first, he is the highest war of any Boston Red Sox hitter. It's almost a full point of war him and Saddana Raphael. I've been holding it up. My question is really around like do you think there's going to be any moves away from any of these pieces that are negative and just any takeaways on the Red Sox in this streak.
Speaker 2: No, I mean they're holding a wildcard spot now, like you said, so, I think that they are definitely buyers. I don't you know, you dance with the ones that brung you. I feel like, for the most case, so sure that there'll probably be a trade that pushes somebody out of a job. But this is this is working right now. It is white hot in working. Maybe when they hit a bump in the road. You talk about trades, and we're getting to that. We're getting that point where you have to because trade deadline is August Frost.
Speaker 1: Well, it's actually I think it's the third this year. I think it's weirdly like on this.
Speaker 2: I think they're focused on pitching, though the lineup has been great, so I do think that they're going to be buyers. Thirteen game win streak in a wild card spot right now, there's still six games back of first in the East, but that doesn't matter that there. Right now they are a borderline playoff team, and like I said, the Mets would never.
Speaker 1: I think they are. I think they're I think they're a last.
Speaker 2: Playoff team right now, but I mean to make it, yeah for sure. And by the way, odds is sell fifty to fifty one.
Speaker 1: Raman surprised. I'm taking shots with Duran. Here'd be the problem. Red Sox are winning. As I mentioned a bray You, Sadana, Ralphayela. They're getting the job done. They're doing this without Crochet, They're doing it without Anthony. The outfield is picking it up. Here is Jaron Duran's batting averages by month batting averages and everything. But let me run through his batting average by month March one fifty four, April one seventy two, May huh two sixty one, June one forty four, July one forty six. He is awful. You want to hear?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess I'm not even do the post All Star break, but it's hilarious pre All Star Break A one ninety four average, A point seventy seven average post All Star Game. He's worthless, like in all the sense of fantasy and from like a like a production standpoint. If they were to go and get a guy like Hunter Goodman, I kind of think you could move djerand Rand's been linked to the Padres a whole lot, Like I think there's also just like other little things that are flowing out. Did you ever see I know you don't pay attention to this stuff, but it's a Jared Carabas's podcast, which, however, one of the three of them, and there's actually one of the guys the guy follows me. I think it's Tyler Milken. He's part of it. And there's this whole controversy out there that they were all buddies and stuff, and Milkin like shared some story behind the scenes, and Jared Duran like got in his DMS and was like, you know, bleep, bleep, bleep, you're dead to me type of thing, and they're like.
Speaker 2: Not Jared Durant. He's always been so calm, cool and collected. He's never had an outburst.
Speaker 1: He doesn't produce. Boston is turning on him. I just think they can use him as an asset. It might literally be an addition by substract I almost Welsh as them, but addition by subtraction, by getting rid of him and using him as an asset, because whoever you bring in, if you bring in any offense, which you should is probably takes him off the seat. Here. I agree with the pitching side, but like Jake Bennett number one Boston Red Sox pitcher and war over the last month or so, Bennett Gray Ranger comes back, you got totally like, they do need to go and Crochet comes back, you do need to make a move. But I actually think offensively is the spot that they want to go. And I think Jared Duran just kind of I think he goes by the wayside. I'm not sure he's knee to continue this run, Like, what is he contributed? What would you say you do?
Speaker 2: Jaron?
Speaker 1: Let me look at his last thirteen games. Let's see how he's checked in. So just since let's see the third, I'm guessing this is close to thirteen games he has approximately let me look here.
Speaker 2: I mean since the Brank two four over three oh four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to do rough one here. But June third or July third on that is like, it looks like almost the thirteen games he has four games of a hit four games.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's won for seventeen since the break. There you go, because they played a doubleheader. So it's been a rough go for Jaron Duran. Uh. You know, Beatty here tells us you know they're in the market and that Boston is one turning on him. I think you're absolutely correct. I think getting rid of Jaron Duran would be auditioned by subtraction, and I think it would be better for him as well. Just get him, you know, put him on the Angels somewhere on the West coast, you know what I mean, where they're one, be it nearly as much pressure. Yeah, And I think that would be good for him his career.
Speaker 1: And Breslo's got a lot of negative attention to the bad trades they've made. I don't think this is one where they go in trade and Duran turns around and anyone's gonna really care, Like, I just don't think that's the one that's gonna get held against you, especially if the team can go and acquire someone like a Hunter Goodman, so kind of look out for that.
Speaker 2: Also, only if Goodman comes in and is terrible in Boston, that's the only way that would, you know, come back, Like no one works out from the deal on the Boston side and then Duran goes off, That's the only way that would come back. But everyone it feels like Duran is not long for Boston.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Padres one has been rumored like forever forever ever, So I think they're kind of like buyer slash sellers. Like. At the same time, there's a lot of Mason Miller trade stuff, which I think later in the week, maybe Wednesday, I think we'll do a little trademarket check in. I'm not gonna be here Thursday Friday on those shows, but Wednesday, Bogman will be back with me. We'll maybe look at a little bit of like a you know what's going on in the trademarket the rumors because Mason Miller's out there. By the way, fun stat from with the Red Sox in their thirteen game winning streak. Today there's a game between the Red Sox and the Orioles, and the Orioles are on like a seven game winning streak. I think it is. This will be the second time in MLB history in which two teams this is from optastats in which two teams on win streaks of seven plus games meet and the combined win streak is twenty plus games. That's kind of like a goofy stat that I would usually pick apart. But check this out. The other time this happened eighteen eighty four. September thirteenth, eighteen eighty four.
Speaker 2: You have to love baseball. Look at that. Yeah, nothing, This has not happened since eighteen eighty four, and we get to see it in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: It was the Washington Nationals and the Saint Louis Browns Maroons.
Speaker 2: Maroons had the wrong color.
Speaker 1: My bad, okay, very big color base didn't. I didn't know that was even a thing. But the Saint Louis Maroons were on a twelve game streak and the Washington Nationals were on eleven game streak.
Speaker 2: So and by the way, not the pen, we're not playing that day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's a weird, weird one, all right. In some of the performance market, Yamamoto complete game, nine innings, four hits to and round seven strikeouts. And here's a little crazy stat for you, bogs. Yamamoto has gone six innings or more in every single start this season but two. So that is sixteen of eighteen starts he has gone six innings or more justifying a quality start whether he gets it or not. That's a crazy stat, especially from a Dodger pitcher, which we all kind of like assume, you know, the injuries and maybe not going deep into games because six man rotations. He's kind of defined that. And I will totally admit when we have these conversations about all these just awesome pitchers and stuff, I feel like I do dismiss Yamamoto and I don't put him in the conversation when I'm like, hey, look at him, Dodgler and Chase Burns and all those type of guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a Dodgers thing. They haven't had somebody for fantasy like this since probably Kershaw. You know, I don't well I shouldn't say that, but this is a crazy year for Yamamoto. He is absolutely dominating, and it felt like, you know, coming off the playoffs, uh, with all that extra work that he had. Remember he came in and came seven too. That. Eh, maybe the beginning of the year might be a little slow. We've seen this, you know, Zach Gallon has not been the same since his big playoff run, right, so, uh, we see this a lot with pictures, but Yamamotos just seems like the terminator out there right now, just every single start. You know, he's going to go deep. And he has been really really good the whole year. So definitely, I mean where is he in?
Speaker 1: Say Young talks, Well, the NL is just too is He's somewhere, But the NL is Miserowski, It's Chris Sanchez, it's Schemes. I mean, he's in the talk. It's just like, how does he over? I mean, how does he do it? Miserowski gets really babied and maybe has a little aunt Chris Sance two. Yeah, I mean like.
Speaker 2: So it's minus from which it should be But like you mentioned, the Brewers came out and said we're gonna get real creative the day after I drafted him third overall, by the way, we're gonna get real creative with his innings down the stretch. Obviously, Christopher Sanchez has had a great year as well. He's plus six hundred, and then Chris Sale has been just piling wins plus eight hundred, Zach Wheeler with a great year plus fifteen hundred, and then we have Burns Yamamoto checking in at plus two thousand. So I mean, maybe maybe not a bad bet right now.
Speaker 1: By the way, what do you think about this? CP? Paulson? Do I sit Chris Sanches tonight versus the Dodgers even roughly? He's just one of those guys, I totally, it's justifiable. But he's one of those guys you just don't sit like I'm not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, especially if you're in daily you know what I mean. If you're in a weekly, though, you're gonna because you're gonna get him twice yeaheah, exactly, so you can't. Yeah, I'm rolling him just to see what it looks like. You're right, it hasn't looked good. I understand the gut instinct, but I'm rolling him.
Speaker 1: Going over to the padres kind of coming back to them. It's funny. Some people are in the comments wanting to talk about Fernando tatists. We are going to talk about Tatis. But Jackson Merrill had a two homer game for this month, hitting two sixty seven this month, which has been really good for him, averages up to two twenty one. But check this out on screen. This is what I wanted to show you because I had this, I put a note in here where I was like, man, Jackson Merrill is just like Jazz Chisholm in the outfield and no joke. I went and I had the two Savant pages, and there's obviously difference as Jazz has been a little bit more dominant. But this is an absolutely free plug because Baseball Savant today released their comparison tool, and that's what you're looking at. There's a tab up at the top where you can put a multitude of players. My god, am I gonna lose a lot of time here because this is the graphic what it ends up looking like. And I just did and I was like, oh, I literally wrote Merrill is kind of Jazz chisselm me here and I put it in the tool. We dropped it out of here as and you can see, well, I mean there's like there's similarities, like Jazz is walking a little bit more, but just from like a visual standpoint, you can see Jackson Merrill's i mean better sprint speed by the way adequately the same runner, better defender. But then you can go and look and you can just see like, well, Jazz is actually squaring the ball up a little bit more, he's chasing less, where Jackson Merrill is definitely getting the ball in the air more. His bat speed's been better, his hard hit rate. Just a kind of cool thing.
Speaker 2: It was a sweet spot difference though, Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I know, And it was like a very it was just a very like random thing where I was looking at Meryl and I'm like, this is just and part of it speaks to Jazz because it's like he has twelve homers and twenty stolen bases with a garbage batting average. He continues to do this, but now getting to see the underlying tool, I thought was really cool. So maybe something you guys want to check out, But I don't know. I was a bias. I'm a little biased. I was kind of a buyer of Jackson Merrill that he was slowly starting to pick it back up. I just don't think he'd be super disappointed if when I said to buy him, you bought him. But I don't think you would be like over the moon, like hey, this is a win, Like he's okay, he is having a good month. Things are starting to turn a little bit and maybe this will continue. Jazz kind of holds the value. But that was really my point with Jackson Merril, where I think a lot of people were just like, oh, this is over, this is and it's like, you know what, even in his stink, he's at least still like high homers and stolen bases. Dude could finish out with a twenty thirty season only hit two thirty. That's not the best thing in the world. But it's serviceable. It's doable, and he's kind of a jazz Chisholm, but just outfield.
Speaker 2: He's hitting two sixty seven this month, and it was two hundred and two twenty two twenty and then two sixty seven. He has four homers this month. His previous high was three, so it really does seem like it is turning around. I just want to look at his career stats and see if he is overall has he been. He's been a two ninety hitter in the second half versus a two fifty two hitter in the first half over his career, so it seems like he does pick it up a little bit more in the second half. By the way, just in his career, his ISO jumps from one forty six to two sixty nine in the second half, So it looks like Jackson Merril is a massive second half player, and he's doing what he has historically done in the first three games since the break.
Speaker 1: And sometimes like looking at like the underlying stuff like this, it doesn't it's not helpful. But I thought it was interesting and kind of helpful in that both of these guys are producing similar to each other. It's like, you know, double digit homers, twenty plus stolen bases, they're both in there. Jazz is a little bit more sluggy, he just had that walk off just the other day. But I thought both of these guys kind of lived in a similar range. And I'll bet you Jackson Merrill costs half the cost of what Jazz is and both of them should be lower. So you guys want to go play around, maybe you could present some to us that we can have some fun with. It's the comparison toolover on Baseball Savant. So I had a little bit of fun with that and discovered that this morning, so it could you know, it could reach to all of that. All right, a couple more notes and then I want to get into some deep dive stuff. Nolan McClain six innings, two hits, ten strikeouts with a couple walks and his crazy buzz saw curveball insanity that he puts out there. So you know, hey, guess what, Nolan McClain's really good and he continues to be good. How about this one is gonna speak to you a little bit more. Ury Perez six innings, one hit, three walks and nine strikeouts. Everybody in their mother has been sharing this, but rightfully. So here is his last seven days or seven starts Eury Perez over his last seven starts, essentially when he came back from IL, thirty nine innings, a one point one four ERA, a point seven whip, a six percent walk rate, a thirty two and a half percent k percentage, and has even kept batting averages under a one point fifty thirty two percent K six walks over forty innings. That's the Uri Perez that everybody was looking to buy, and it's coming off of an injury where we were really worried. So you're Ury Perez is performing at a top fifteen sp level rest of season? Do you buy him as a top fifteen sp I do?
Speaker 2: He's been incredibly frustrating, right, But this is what I thought we were getting at the beginning of the season. So I'm hoping that we get this for the rest of the year. And like you said, it was clearly the injury that was dogging him at the beginning of the year and it is all coming together now. So yeah, I do think we're gonna get the really good version of Uri for the rest of this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, URI's a buying in you guys. Let me know. I'm really curious, are you buying in? And let me see? Actually this would be a really good one. Who do you want rest of season? McClain or Uri Perez if you can only pick one. Oh, come on, Mets are kind of flailing. McLain is at his moments. Uri Perez Marlin's trying to win. Who would you rather have, Ury, Perez or McClain. If you're in here live, you can put it in, and if you guys are watching on the YouTube after, put it in the comments below, because we've already got immediately one Uri and then immediately one McLean. So I be very curious where you guys are at.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Yury here, but that's because I'm kind of pot committed to Uri from my stance the beginning of the season. But yeah, a couple of.
Speaker 1: Yury Ury's running away in the live chat.
Speaker 2: I understand. Look, look, if the Mets are obviously going to sell and then down the stretch they don't look good, and a twinge of anything happens with Nolan McLean, it's shut him down. You know. That's the state of pitching today. So I kind of I definitely understand that. So but McLean has been really good too, so I don't want to I think it's a it's a coin flip kind of I rolly, which one do you want? But give me give me Ury.
Speaker 1: And Seth put a pull up so if you guys want to vote on that, we can take a look at that. In just a tiny bit and then Logan Gilbert ten strikeouts, three runs, six innings, and yeah, he continues to just kind of roll, and like, I feel like we got kind of bored with Logan Gilbert, but he's in that just the glob of a bunch of those great guys. A couple deep dives, and actually it's turned into three players on a deep dive. But before we do, remember, you guys can manage your fantasy baseball lineups and dominate your leagues, not by just listening to leading off, but with my playbook right here, Fantasy Pros. My playbook is a sweet of powerful tools to help you make better decisions, manage your lineups, and win your leagues. It is July. This is when you win your league. By the way people start falling off, they stop forgetting about stuff. You can get customized Baseball News rankings analysis, and you can sink your league and do it even if you have not done it all season long, you can still do it today. Go and do it. Fantasypros dot com slash MLB my playbook, Get the best, be the best, and win it all. Deep dive time. We got to be a little bit of Homer's And this first one up here, I got three players a deep dive, one is a pitcher, and the first one up is a picture that I have been talking about. And if we could bring up the graphic, it is Brandon Fought. And I know, I know what you're all gonna say, and we're gonna freak out and everything like that. But Brandon Fought was sent was actually sent to the bullpen, and then sent back down, comes back up this start on Saturday. He went uh five and one third, two ear and runs, three strikeouts. He had eighty seven pitches. But what's more important about this is since he has returned, he's been lights out in July, because I think he returned the last day on the thirtieth in July. Though, over those three starts a two to three era eleven strikeouts, which isn't super sexy, but zero walks is zero walks. So four starts back, he has only walked one batter. If we add those strikeouts in, it's fourteen. I mean like Brandon Fought has refound some of his stuff. He's also adjusting his pitch mix a little bit. Four starts in, nobody has been more trustworthy, especially after Wardo got banged around in the diamondback's rotation, and he looks like he could at least be a streamer. Everybody's screaming at me in the chat. I'm just saying he has been worthy. He can hold Molner whatever. He is worthy. Right now, he's gone five, he's gone five, he's given up five total and runs over four. He's striking guys out, he's not walking guys. He's being efficient. It's a really good defensive diamondbacks have. I just don't think he should be available out there.
Speaker 2: What say you look? I watched the interview with Brandon Fodd after his most recent start, and they said when he went down, he focused on trusting his stuff, throwing strikes, getting the ball over the plate, and not giving up free base runners. That is what we've seen and the results. Trust your defense, Trust that your stuff is not going to get hammered. Right, That's basically what it has been. So is there going to be an adjustment by hitters? Absolutely? And will he get hit around? Maybe you know, But right now it has been working for you know, four straight starts, so it's working right now. I know. Maybe people are tired of hearing about fought.
Speaker 1: Well, there's we haven't talked about him all year. To be fair, he's been he was not worth anything all season long up until these last.
Speaker 2: Hype when he came up was huge, and then obviously he is not. He has not reached that and we're not saying he's going to reach that. But can he be a serviceable streaming option for you right now? Absolutely? He's not you know, throwing any complete games. He's not even getting quality starts right now, but he is giving you quality innings and that is what we want. So uh I, you know, we'll take it for what he's doing right now. I all right, do you have to be leary? I know the other shoes.
Speaker 1: I'm laughing at that. I think Seth, you saw that as fought an aircraft carrier. This is hilarious. You know what's funny is I did an episode of The Tailgate like a week and a half ago, and it was one of those shows. Seth Wilcock was on it and like I was having I was having one of those great shows, you know what I mean. And then at the end, right towards the end, pitching a perfect game I was, I was, and then I walked a guy because I mentioned Christian Kirk and it was really stupid of me, and I was like, oh, I wish I didn't do that. I think I was having a really good game at the top of this show, and then I'm clearly seeing Brandon fought the deep dive. Nobody it's it's the deep dive nobody wanted to see because everybody is killing me in there. Okay, he can't hold Mollmeir, but you know, like, no, he can shake it a little bit.
Speaker 2: He looks like hold a broom.
Speaker 1: He's a good streaming option. That's I'm not saying, go like drop really good guys, but you know, just saying he's really good the next guy. This is the talk of the town. No big deal, just one of my best friends. You know, he don't need, we don't need to talk about it and make a big deal about it. But as Merla Valdes, I know we did this last week in a kind of three up and three down. I don't think Arico was super excited about it. But over this weekend he had hits in both games, hit another homer. He has hits in seven straight games and this stat has been moving around bugs. There was first thirty one games. Here's his stat line. He's hitting three oh five with an eleven hundred ops. He has twelve homer thirty two RBIs. By the way, he is thirty two years old and this stat has come about. This is one of those goofy ones. But he the only players in MLB.
Speaker 2: One history result. By the way, you said thirty two.
Speaker 1: I said, oh, no two, I'm sorry, twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Through his first thirty one games, only four players in MLB history have hit twelve homers and had thirty RBI. Boy, it's an interesting group. Twenty seventeen, Reyese Hoskins, twenty nineteen, Aristides Akino, twenty nineteen, Will Smith, and of course as Merlin Valdez is on that list, you can see the absolute insanity as far as the bat speed, the hard hit, what he's doing. He's pacing his pacing numbers, by the way, over thirty homers if he continues to roll. His bat has been so live and so hot that regardless of whatever return is going to happen. Of guys like Onnio Cruz, it's hard to take him out of the lineup. The number one thing that stares you in the face, though, is the strikeout rate. The strikeout rate is a massive problem with is Merlin Valdez. But I'm a little bit of a defender. His XBA really low, His strikeouts are a problem, but he's getting it done. I did this a couple of weeks ago with Frank Stamfele on Fantasy Baseball today, and I just I still defend that, Like he has his warts, but like you also see the insanity of like what's a part of his game opposite field power? He can pull off, he barrels. He's still barreling at a twenty seven percent rate. He gets the ball in the air, he can pull, he can do a little bit of everything. He just has to cut down the mistakes. But are you in this is the hottest bat out there, the homers, the everything. Do you think this is going to continue to roll for him? Since the Rico's not here? And I can ask you or do you think this is the peak cell high moment right now? Because of those k problems?
Speaker 2: Now, I mean I'm not selling him. I have him into dynasty leagues, so and I'm not selling him right now. And those teams are sellable teams as well, So no, I don't think he's going to fold up and be rc de Sekino, you know what I mean, Like you always have to kind of have that inkling in the back of your head that maybe this is the best time to sell. I don't mind you bringing it up, but I'm just twenty two years old. He's hammering right now. There's no way I'm trading.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me turn it because you're kind of also.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't have traded a Kinyo either, But I mean, but.
Speaker 1: You're into this from a dynasty perspective. So redraft right now, this season like going, Like when we talked about him on Friday, you know, everyone's like, oh, this is fun to the peak happened over this weekend. Now you're getting the it's Berry bonds of this and it's that, and everyone's going out. It's every status out there. So my point is is you are at the ultimate peak and redraft right now. Do you go and sell him or do you hold him for the rest of the season, assuming you're gonna get probably mid twenties homers and he continues to roll.
Speaker 2: I think I probably keep him, but I would float him, you know what I mean. See what kind of offer you get back, you might get something you don't expect ridiculous, you know, at least float him and see what is out there to acquire him to, you know, to get for him. But I think in most cases you're gonna be low balled because people are gonna worry about the drop off and everything. And I think I think I want to keep him in most places because where did you get him? You picked him up off the wire. He costs you nothing. Yeah, right, So I'm probably writing this out, but if I can get a really solid offer, I would probably consider it, so at least floating.
Speaker 1: What about van Rod, Valdez or Langford?
Speaker 2: Ooh, man, I think it's still Wyatt for me.
Speaker 1: But look at this one. Oh that Todd's being rude. Valdez or my boy Williar of Bray.
Speaker 2: You uh that one? I might go with Valdez. Here.
Speaker 1: My take on it is this, because you know, I definitely agree with your thing, like, sometimes players are just better for you than they are in the trade market, and that's representative by what people will trade you. Right, Langford, it's tough to kind of like, I think the upside of him is exciting. William's kind of a Flory type of player if you believe he is gonna even be. If you take the current batting average and the XBA, and you meet in the middle and you think you can be a two fifty or two sixty hitter, you gotta take as Merlin. I'm just putting that out there. If you can be a two fifty two to sixty hitter, as Merlin's gonna hit twenty five plus homers this year. He's probably more worthwhile, honestly, than Langford, and the upside is bigger for him, probably than Willier. But William's kind of catching fire. This is great. But that the audience that some of the guys are putting these out here, those are probably the type of things you can look at. Maybe it's like middle line pitching. But to you the listener, if somebody is giving you an offer that you feel you need to come and ask us about as Merlin, it's probably one that you're gonna want to accept.
Speaker 2: If you really would say, would you take Langford or is it hey the injury risk is too much, I think it.
Speaker 1: Would take its like every other week, I think I might take Langford. I have to say, for me, I do think so much of the profile with as Merlin is awesome. I am worried. His XBA is really low. His strikeouts are berserko land, and he's going to come back down to earth. It's just when he comes back down to earth, does he readjust He's hitting lefties like crazy. By the way, he's hitting three seventy one and two seventy one against rioties, which is really impressive. He might have a James Wood in him, you know where he just like can hit all sides of the plate. But if he starts to get you know, really wonky like in zone stuff, you know, you can see his whift rates really bad. Like I just don't know what adversity is going to look like him for this season. So if I can capitalize, then I might.
Speaker 2: This guy if he gets wonky like a penguin, Like a penguin, I thought you were gonna go there.
Speaker 1: Now the last on the deep dives and then we're gonna we still got stuff we gotta plow through here. And this is a late addition, and I don't think we have any graphics works. I didn't ask for it, but I wanted to point out Fernando Tatis Junior was in the chat a little bit before. Oh we do have one here. Yeah, this was the stat that made me laugh. Or first this made me laugh. Uh, Baseball world without a zero. This is the Twitter handle said. Fernando Tatis Junior didn't hit a home run until May thirtieth. Fernando Tatis Junior has now surpassed Vladimir Guerrero in homers. He has seven versus Guerrero six Since June first, Fernando Tatis Junior a three zero six batting average, six homers, twenty three RBI, eleven stolen bases, an eighteen percent k percentage. So that's a month and a half, a six percent walk rate, a one thirty four WRC plus. Now here's the really good stat. You kind of look and you say, okay, what is changed in his game? So I went and looked since June first, obviously season totals by the way backtrack, four degree lawn changle still looks like kind of sucks. You see this like really fun profile, but check this out since June first, a seven point eight degree lawnchangle. That's nothing to scream home about, of course, but it's almost double where he was at a thirteen plus percent barrel rate, which is higher than it was a fifty six percent hard hit rate. And this is my favorite one since June first. No baseball player has a higher average exit velocity than Fernando Tatis Junior ninety four point six miles per hour. That is tied with Kyle Schwarber and his EV ninety his third in baseball only Junior Camenaro, and dang it, I'm forgetting who the other person was. Fernando Tatis Junior has been a rough ride, but you kind of you baseline off of the talent. He's turning this thing around. He's got tons of stolen bases and it looks like the profile is changing. He's finding ways to get the ball in the air. So unfortunately the window has closed. I just wanted to throw this out. I was kind of a loudish buyer about Tatis, but at the same time, I was like taking Sal Stewart over him. So there's no win really in here, because he was just a tough He was tough to gauge. Man.
Speaker 2: It just made no sense, right, like the bad staring, like how Todd It's like maybe change his diet, you know, but you know, it really made no sense the way he was hitting in the first half right or up until June first, like you mentioned, So that made no sense. It felt like this was always going to happen. And he looks real good coming off the brake, like he really really needed it. So I do think you know, the windows done, it's shut. Its closed. If you were going to get Tatis earlier, great, but now you gotta be done with that because he is about to go off. I think the second half is gonna be huge for touch Ies.
Speaker 1: Thirteen percent barrel, fifty six percent hard hit rate, average evs through the roof, and he's almost doubled his season long launch angle Like those are those are things that kind of gets you pretty excited and get you moved.
Speaker 2: Here Lee here says be honest, you said by him at a discount. Yeah, he was playing like garbage for eight weeks, so yeah, you have to get the discount.
Speaker 1: I think we might be giving me the I think he's giving me flowers. I think he's giving me flowers back. Then maybe I'm wrong because as a Tatis owner, we remember, I mean know, maybe I'm not at a discount. Yeah, are you giving me flowers?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what that is In.
Speaker 2: Tell tone through text.
Speaker 1: I had multiple sides to this where it was like, you look at his level of ability to hit hard, hit everything like that, you get excited, but at the same time, it was like, can this swing get fixed? So like, I'm not trying to take any real, actual to real Flowers. I was a Tatis seller and you were trying to get me ripped off. Oh no, Flowers, I wasn't trying to get you ripped off. Well, I guess I was making it harder on you for sure, because I was telling people, if you're buying on Tatis, make sure you're getting a discount. Hey, you know what you should get me, Flowers. I did you a favor because now you couldn't trade it.
Speaker 2: Were saying no discount, Well no, so go go go trade him.
Speaker 1: Now I made it difficult for you to trade him and you had to hold on to him. And now you got this great player, So you know what you owe me.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's okay, all right? Those are those are the deep dives. Hopefully you guys enjoyed those three up and three down. As mentioned, Yamamoto Complete game four hits two and run seven strikeouts.
Speaker 2: First complete game ever was kind of surprising to hear just s how dominant he's been.
Speaker 1: Is that true? Ye?
Speaker 2: I don't think that's true.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought he is.
Speaker 2: I thought it was his.
Speaker 1: Third I heard, okay, Drake Baldwin turning it around. Drake Baldwin had been an absolute disaster coming off of the I l and stuff and fell in our second half draft five for five, two homers, two RBIs against Texas and Goodman White hot three homers, five RBIs on the down. Marcus Simeon oh for five, a golden sombrairie, I believe, four strikeouts versus the Phillies. James would oh for five three strikeouts against the A's. Put my hands up for a second. I'm let's please.
Speaker 2: Not do this.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, not James, No, not at all, Not to make sure remotely close to saying that yet, but please don't do this to me in the second half again. And h e Rod. I will take some flowers for this. I was cell cell sell e Rod before the break and came back to two and two thirds seven hits, five eurned runs, two walkslee strikeouts, got beat around, But I also don't deserve that much because he had one of the highest expected era versus e RA. You know like that, that was obvious. It was one of the highest in baseball.
Speaker 2: Tied for the biggest comeback in dback's history yesterday by the way down seven zip and one to eight seven.
Speaker 1: They were And it wasn't unfortunately with Corbyn Carroll. Because Corbyn Carroll looking at injuries, he injured injured his shoulder. He hyper extended it. I believe they said, doesn't look like it's a brutal, brutal but that's not good, so be on the lookout for that. I always worry about those things. Bigger news, Shoho Tani is not going to pitch anytime soon. This one is funny, just to bring I know I said this a couple of times, but I this was a big topic on a CBS TV hit I did where I was asked, do we uh Did I agree with them pitching him so soon? And I was like, no, he had an injection in his knee. From a real baseball perspective, they should baby the crap out of him and he shouldn't pitch. And now he's not. So he's not gonna be pitching anytime remotely soon. They will tell us he was scheduled to pitch on Wednesday. Also, Aaron Judge transferred to the sixty day aisle is going to need another scan. I don't love that.
Speaker 2: Still looking like maybe early September at best.
Speaker 1: At best, I thought he was retiring. But there was like a news press conference about Brandon Woodruff with the Brewers, and apparently he's just having I think it's like a it's.
Speaker 2: Like a capsule surgery, soul surgery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on his shoulder, brutal.
Speaker 2: He's gonna. I went and looked it up. The average return to the BIGS is four hundred and sixty seven days or four hundred and seventy days or something like that after capsule surgery, and it is what ruined Johan Santana's career. Yeah, he won't.
Speaker 1: He won't be back in top twenty twenty eight. So he has gone for this season. He's gone for next season. But they did present it like he was retiring. Like Pat Murphy was like, well, guys, I'm gonna let him speak to this and I was like, oh god, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: So so keV mentioned, by the way, Yomoto has indeed thrown complete games before in the postseason. Ah, yeah, not in the regular season. This was his first regular season I think.
Speaker 1: He had two other ones in the post. I could be wrong about that. I thought I read that it was like his third complete game.
Speaker 2: Well, this is his third in the BIGS, but this is his first in the regular season. The other two were in the postseason. Okay, so they don't count as regular You're right, that's why they said it. But I will say it right, So yeah, we're both right.
Speaker 1: Okay, look at us, Casey. MYI is dealing with some growing tightness. Exited Sunday's game after taking a comeback or off his wrist and is set to go some tests.
Speaker 2: So you know, the lookout I mean that dude is general soreness.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, well, if you were to pick really really quickly because we got to jam through one of these injuries that has you the most concerned. Why is it Corbyn Carrol?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he's it's been stuff before and he's you know, our best player.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And it shoulder stuff. Yeah, shoulder stuff. Very very worried that.
Speaker 2: I thought it was elbow. Is it not elbow? You know, I thought it was They said hyper extended elk.
Speaker 1: You know what, maybe that's what it was. I think I might have wrote wrote that down yeah, elbow whatever.
Speaker 2: Like Elbow's not great, but it's not shoulder. That's true.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah, maybe I just like it is elbow. Yeah, okay, so maybe.
Speaker 2: I just shoulder was last year, elbow this year.
Speaker 1: Maybe I just wanted to panic mode when I saw it and I wrote shoulders. I did do that this weekend.
Speaker 2: So do that to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit scary. All right, friends, We've got bets, but first we got the home run calls and the home run board high Cubby is the only person at forty two at the tippy top. Lee has got thirty nine, so flow at thirty seven. Those are your dogs. And I'm not even I'm never gonna get on there. I'll never be on the board. Can somehow, how.
Speaker 2: Mad will it make you if I get on the board at this point in the I.
Speaker 1: Mean, there's no way, but it would. It'd be the worst thing in my life. Maybe we can have Bogman combined with me. It would be the hope that we can do. So there you go. That one Soto autograph Jersey up for at Premium Discord. I mean, you could pull a Bogman if you want join up July twentieth and start doing home run calls and win it. You'll be the greatest of all time. I'll give you a prize too, So there you go. Home run calls for the day. What are you looking at, box.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get weird. I was looking at Hailey o' ramos is three for three off walka, two doubles. He's hitting three twenty one this month. He has a higher road ISO. They're on the road against the Royals today, so give me Haley or He's also been hitting lead off a bunch I think only fifth since he's come since the break, but before that he was hitting lead off a bunch, So he's high in the lineup. Be the way of five or one, So I like it. Yeah, let's go to Helei o' ramos.
Speaker 1: I'm going with Jordan Alvarez, Jordan ali Verrez going up against you and junk who is given up five homers over his last four games or three games, I think. So that is how I'm rolling it today. I'm going with a big dog and that takes us to our best bets of the day, brought to you by hard Rock Bet Bogman. You've just homered out right off the id gate, all right.
Speaker 2: I did. I home it out d Backs over four and a half runs in the first five innings plays pace plus two fifty. Springs has given up five plus earned runs in five of his last six starts and has gone five point one innings and only one of those five starts swing. He's given up six, So Dbacks have some nice momtum after the big comeback win. Obviously, probably no Carrol in the lineup tonight, but they have been they have been hitting this weekend. So Jeffrey Springs shows up in our we do bad starts on IDL. He's shown up every week. I feel like it's been terrible.
Speaker 1: I just don't like it without without Corbyn Carroll. But it doesn't mean some offense isn't gonna go so and that's that's a big run total over first five. But that is big, big plus two and a half back, Yeah, and it's huge plus money mine is not mine, is almost even money. I'm going with. This is me just playcating to our boys, seth. I'm going with the Cardinals first five money line minus right right around one oh five. This is picking on Jose Soriano Jose Soriano with the Angels has been just a falling trend. Walkout walks have been going up. I know he's kind of in the trademarket. Cardinals have been absolutely red hot. I think I've had a Cardinals here a couple of times, so I just need I can push it potentially, but I'm going for the win here for Jordan Walker and JJ weatherhold getting on the board early. So Cardinals first five on the money line. If they're up through the first five, I win. If they're tied, we get our money back. We push. So Cardinals f five is my hard rock bet of the day, as as Bogman has got Diamonbacks first five. And if you guys want to try your first bet, go over to hard rock Bet today and you can score one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollars bet. It hits your golden go and do it. Get that extra one hundred and fifty and bonus bets. Hard Rock Bet, Florida Sports Book, My sports Book, and a bunch of other places downloaded today. Check out all the great promos, put it together. Baseball's got you covered.
Speaker 3: Hard Rock Bet payable and bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminol Tribe of Florida. In Florida, offered by Seminol Hard Rock Digital LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida called one a three to three play wise. In Indiana, if you are somebody who knows a gambling problem and wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. In Arizona, Ohio and Virginia, call one eight hundred mis reset gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: There you go. That is the show. By the way, Uri Perez won the poll fifty eight percent Eury Perez over Nolan McClain for rest.
Speaker 2: Of the set close. But I think that's about right. Fifty percent in favor of area. I think is correct.
Speaker 1: Also for any of you with the fifty minutes over under for the show, the under just hit. It actually was supposed to hit much more. I have a meeting. We're supposed to be jumping into. But I'm just not good at that. There's too many exciting things and I love you all too much and I just can't help myself. But you unfortunately did not cash if you place the over on fifty minutes because the show's done, so we got to get out of here. I believe Bubba, Casey Bubba's going to be tagging in with me tomorrow for the show, and then Bogman is back on Wednesday. We've got prospecting with me. We got Casey Bubba tomorrow, more Bogman on Wednesday, got some other fun stuff going in, So make sure you guys are locked in. Over on the YouTube is where if you can't catch it live, you can catch the replays, so make sure you subscribe there YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB. The podcast has got you and twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros twelve thirty pm Eastern. If you guys want to watch us live at any time, you can do that there. All right, itl order is out for Bogman. I'm well. Shout out to Seth and CALLI talk to you guys next time. Peace so.
Speaker 2: Folk, full life, Ma, Ma, Mam, Matt.
Speaker 1: I don't remember any of the other stuff. What is that?
Speaker 2: It's like that thing at the end. Nope. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB