Speaker 1: Hello, little little test there the microphone. Careful, it's very very teetering.
Speaker 2: It is very very teetering. You better runch out, stretcher us very teeter.
Speaker 1: Oh check it, check it? How's that? What's up now?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: Should I start over?
Speaker 2: No? This is fine.
Speaker 1: Welcome to bull Chat. Should I play a thing? Undo? The button pushed over there? Why you should raise your chair a little bit so you don't have to keep doing this every time you speak. Raise up the chair and welcome to bull Chat. Today's Wednesday, March first. Welcome to the IDEs of March. Is that what it's called, hides the IDEs of March? So it's funny. I was on vacation last week. I was on the cruise ship on Norwegian Epic, and I was listening to last week's bull Chat. It sure was invigorating.
Speaker 2: Unlike you, I had to work. I worked. I said I was going to do it, and then what wound up happening was like, oh busy, imis I'll do an extra episode one of these days. I just were gonna get Yeah, I was gonna do it with Newman and Newman movie.
Speaker 1: Newman wanted to do it with him.
Speaker 2: No, Newman, I'm sorry, a Friday episode, Newman, I'll text you. I'm going to text Newman Noasis, but I don't forget. I'm gonna ask him when he's available to do a Friday episode.
Speaker 1: That would have been epic, just like my cruise all Norwegian epic.
Speaker 2: Everybody has been asking me to do. To read your caption everyone in your voice.
Speaker 1: You're gonna pull him up. Absolutely. Oh, I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll save that to the end. That's a tease.
Speaker 1: Did you go anywhere last week?
Speaker 2: No? I stayed home, and I have to say a staycation. Well it wasn't even a staycation because I was working, like I worked the entire week. You didn't work, Yes, I did. What did you do well? I don't know if you know.
Speaker 1: I managed so many things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have, uh my other podcast that I work on. I had to do those, and then I had a meeting on Thursday here about a morning show thing that we're going to be doing.
Speaker 1: Do I get to go?
Speaker 2: This didn't have to do with a trip as much as it did with do I get to.
Speaker 1: Be a part of it?
Speaker 2: I mean not really.
Speaker 1: Why I always get left out of it?
Speaker 2: You're not a client, so you don't need to fill out this form, but I was doing that. So yeah, I was busy, but it was nice because I was home so I got to sleep and just relax and like wake up on my own time. I have to say, I love waking up on my own time and not like if I wanted to get to work at eleven. I got to work at eleven and it was crazy. You know.
Speaker 1: I was on vacation last week with my girls on the ship, and I never got to sleep in late ever because we were always doing something in the morning. And I mean, it's fine with me because I'm used to getting up at three fifty two am on every weekday and so at least I was waking up at six thirty or seven, which is sleeping in for me.
Speaker 2: See, that's the thing sleeping in for us is getting even an extra hour of sleep. We take it for granted, but getting that extra hour changes you as a human. When I get to wake up at five thirty sometimes because I'm just like, I don't want to go in at four thirty, it's it is life changing.
Speaker 1: Have you ever tried to get a fifteen year old girl out of bed? I know that sounds a little it a little sounds a little weird, I'm not, but it's it's not easy.
Speaker 2: I can imagine it really is.
Speaker 1: And' it's like, hey, Ashley, we gotta leave in thirty minutes to got it out the door a minute? No, no, no, we have to go. We have to go. No, just ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Well, she get up for the bus.
Speaker 1: She always makes it somehow, she always makes it out the door, six fifty two gone, you know, no matter when she wakes up. And I'm very proud of her for that. Yeah, I can get it together, but when you're on vacation, you really don't want to have to get up any specific times.
Speaker 2: See, that's the thing. And this is when it comes to vacations. I've realized this. Like I will do a day or two where I am more than happy to go enjoy. I don't like being idle on vacation. Like to me, a tropical vacation where I just go to a beach every day doesn't sound fun. Like I want to explore, I want to go see things like I like that, but I also like doing it on my own time, if that makes sense. Like I want action, I want fun, but.
Speaker 1: I also want to like never mind.
Speaker 2: I just want to do it on my own time, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we actually traveled with some friends of ours who are also like, don't want to sit on the beach all day? Yeah, but we did. So it was nice because Cooper is also not a full on I want to sit on the beach. Your phone is square, yeah, rectangle.
Speaker 2: It's my new phone case.
Speaker 1: Sorry. So, uh, Cooper doesn't like to just sit on the beach all day, you know, she likes to do things. So luckily we were with friends who took Cooper on two days. One of the days it took her on a train excursion around Saint Lucia, fun and the next oh no, it was at Saint Kitts whatever it was. One of them was a mudbath, so Cooper went with them in a mud bath. I can't get into mudbaths. Something about it just really like freaks me out.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe it's just because it's mud.
Speaker 1: You think it's gonna be like quicksand and you're gonna go under.
Speaker 2: No. I just don't like. I never liked face painting as a kid. I never liked any of that, so to me, it kind of skews me out. But I don't want to rub muddle over my face and body.
Speaker 1: It just looks I get. We did that when we were in Iceland and Raykovic and you go in the uh yeah, I'm old. Whatever the hell is that? Things kind of cool because it's like twenty degrees below zero outside in this thermal bath, it's like eighty degrees and you put this white cream all over your face.
Speaker 2: But I was gonna do that when we went last August on to whatever place that is, but I was so sleepy, so I didn't go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, here here's my tip for cruisers. I mean, I'm not a cruiser by any means. Yeah, up until three years ago, i'd never been on a cruise because I was always like, oh my god, I'm gonna be trapped. But it's not like that at all, because you do you get off almost every day. Yeah, But my advice for you if you cruise, and we'll never have before, always book excursions. Yeah, if you want to get off the ship, book them. Because there was one day in Saint Lucia where we did not book one because there was anything available by the time my lazy ass got around, you know, to booking stuff. And so that's the day that our friends took Cooper to the mud bath, and Ashley and I were like, hey, let's just go to the beach. And everyone's like, yeah, just get a taxi. When pull into port, no problem, get a taxi, you know. And so of course everyone once you get there, they're all in cahoots, you know. So I'm like, well, which beach is the nicest one to go to? Oh? You don't want to go to that beach, even though I researched that beach, Pigeon Beach, I think it was called I don't remember Pigeon Beach. Maybe I would never go to a beach called Pitcheon Beach, but it was called So they're like, no, no, no, you want to go to Rodney Beach, you know. So I was like, okay, that's the nicest sand and beautiful. I'm like, okay, let's go, you know. So we get into cab. It was I think it was forty dollars round trip or whatever it was for the two of us. Maybe it was a fifteen to twenty minute drive. There was traffic, so it was like thirty minutes. So we got there and as soon as you get out of the cab, the guy's like, oh yeah, come with me, you know, because the cab driver knows the girl that's sitting there, and the girl gives you to some hands you off to some guy that walks you into the beach. Oh yeah, I'm on this that the other you know. And he's trying to you know, He's like, you want any drugs? And I'm like, no, I'm good, you know so and I was thinking of you the whole time. No Ganja, you know.
Speaker 2: No girls, so that I can't have it, see the wiki to Becky.
Speaker 1: So they walk us way down, walk us way down. He's like, okay, the blue chairs with the umbrella, those are yours right now. I was like, thanks very much, man, I really appreciate it. Now, mind you, this is a public beach. Okay, so there's no charge to get on this beach, you know. So we get there and I'm not a sucker, but I know, and I'm like being soft waggled, you know what I mean. And so he's like, okay, chairs are ten dollars each, with the umbrella thirty dollars. I'm like what I said, I don't need an umbrella. I want to be in the beach. I don't need shades. He's like, all right, ten dollars and they whipped the umbrella out of the ground like all right. So I had to give the guy twenty dollars. And the second that we sit down, seventeen people come over bracelets, jewelry bracelets, coconuts, donations, gumbo. They have a crock pot behind us with it, you know, and it looked like complete baby diarrhea. They bring you to their friend's beach. You're gonna get sold the whole friend's area where they have everything, you know, beers and this, that and the other. And it's like, dude, please just leave us alone. We just want them to sit there. And I hate saying because you know, I once I start getting worked up, then I started becoming nasty to these people, and I don't want to be like, no, pal, we're good. We just chill out, you know. And then of course I'm afraid to go in the water because my bag is there, and the people are pissed because I didn't tip them or buy anything from them. I'm like, this is just a this is not a relaxing situation. It is my own fault for taking too long to book an excursion. So here, I am on Rodney Beach and these people are up my ass. And let me tell you something. When we're there, the guy like bent over when he got pissed off to take the umbrella out of the ground. He had a gun in his waistbelt, and I was like, okay, I didn't tell Ashton because I didn't want her to be scared.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, Taxi, I'd like to go back to the ship please.
Speaker 1: I mean the beach itself was nice, but it just I didn't like the situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you felt like you were being That happened to me and show. When we were in Morocco, we did a tour and on the last day at this camp that we stayed at, they they insisted on taking us to the Berber village. They were like, we're gonna take you to Berber Village. And I had been to Morocco once in the past and when they take you someplace, hey, buddy, hello, we're recording bull chat. We're bullchat. So we went to the village and they were saying to us. I said before to Michelle, I said, I don't want to go to Berber Village. And I'll tell you why. They're gonna sell us carpets because Morocco is known for its carpet I have a great story, but go on, and we wound up going on the last day while we were going to go to the next place, and they're like, we're stopping at the Berber village or getting Berber pizza.
Speaker 1: Great Berber as in like Burbery.
Speaker 2: No, it's like a certain tribe. Okay, did Berbery come from there? No, that's not it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So they make these rugs and they show you the rug store and they're saying, oh my, oh god, look at this rug. Do you know you could get this rug for cheap if you buy it here and not in like Marrakesh where you're going buy it here. This is a real carpet. You want a carpet. For forty five minutes, they gave us a carpet demonstration about all the different types of carpets and the stories of the carpets and the feeling of the carpets, and then at the end we were like, we live in six hundred square foot apartments. We do not have room for a fifty foot carpet to go in our house. And they're like, but the quality is so worth it here, and I kept saying, no, I don't need a carpet.
Speaker 1: Because of your ancestry where you're thinking that maybe they were Sars carpets.
Speaker 2: Come on, please get out of here, idiot. Needless to say, I didn't buy a carpet. Michelle didn't buy a carpet. And then we awkwardly ate pizza sitting and the guy was staring at us like, you know you could get a carpet.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's so weird. And it leads me to this. When we were in curisow at that stop so they drop you off before can I just yeah, of course, I just want to why did you have my picture? Oh? Here we go? Are you gonna do the Curoso?
Speaker 2: Was it? Where's that one?
Speaker 1: Kisaw? Was the second day?
Speaker 2: Second day? So? No?
Speaker 1: Maybe it was the first day.
Speaker 2: That's San Juan Juan?
Speaker 1: That was it? That was it? In front of the NCL thing was cirousaw this one? Unless maybe that was the c day.
Speaker 2: No, that's when you had a great day at the casino. Something I really love about cruise like is that we get to stop at a bunch of different places rather than just flying to one today Carousel, spent the day with our good friends, went snarkling on a beautiful beach, did some shopping a doubt, led back to the ship for the show and dinner at Maderno. So much meat hashtag cruise Norwegian hashtag noldigil epic.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go back to the in town shopping. All right, So the port, they drop you off at the port, and of course is you know you're right in this little First of all, they have the coolest thing. It was, it was the strangest thing.
Speaker 2: So you wait, can we just before Yeah, we are about to get to that point where we should say we'll tell you the story of Cursal.
Speaker 1: Right after this dun dun dun, dun, dunt dunt, and we're back. So we're never gonna have the commercial break song ever again. Okaz, I'm gonna get the box. Okay, so stupid man box comes back. So anyway and curresw how cool is this? So you get off? Shut up.
Speaker 2: The whole time, I just I can't not look at like a picture of you and not picture that voice. So the whole time I saw pictures of you, I just kept like imagining you at the place as being like, well, isn't this a quaint little down curesal.
Speaker 1: Walking around with a microphone.
Speaker 2: The weather here is wonderful.
Speaker 1: So here's the cool thing. This is the first cool thing. And then I'll tell you the weird thing. So they drop you off at the port. And as you're walking like toward town, it's like a ten or fifteen minute walk. There's little vendors and stuff like that, and great music and food and trucks and stuff like that. So and then you walk over the bridge. You know, right before you get to the bridge, you see all those like beautiful colored houses in the background. Oh yeah, famous picture. So that's right at the bridge. So you start walking over the bridge. Yeah, and it's it's weird because you can get trapped. I didn't realize this. Just as we got off the bridge, all of a sudden, we hear a bell. It's like and everyone's like, what's going on. We have no idea what's going on? And then the gates at the ends of the bridge close, So you're trapped on the bridge and you can't get off. You're like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: What would happen?
Speaker 1: Okay, So instead of a drawbridge, you know, a drawbridge goes up to let boat traffic go. No, this bridge just moves to the side like an engine starts, Like on a go kart, an engine starts and all of a sudden, the bridge just starts going sideways, or it just moves over a little bit, so like a boat can pass through, because it's not really elevated at all. It just sits on the water. So when a boat or a ship or anything has to go through, it just moves. And you're standing on it and you're like, what is happening right now? And the kids, of course wanted to be back on it. They wanted to be We want that ride, you know, like it's on a ride. The bridge is moving. It was the Cooper's like, walk slow because she wanted to get stuck in the middle. But it was the weirdest thing. So that was why, No, unfortunately not that was weird thing number one. So weird thing number two is then you're in like in town and the village where all the bars and restaurants and shops and all the beautiful things are whatever. So we're walking around and you know, I was so excited because there was a sketcher store there, you know, and so we walk a little further up, and the friends that we were with, she says, I want to go into this store. I'm like, what it's called mister Tablecloth. Okay. So in the middle of all the touristy stuff and the drinks and everything, and the food and the conk and the whole nine yards, there's a store called mister Tablecloth and it's literally like a fancy tablecloth store. Bizarro, Why is there a fancy tablecloth store in the middle of tourist country. You know, there's t shirt shops, buy magnets, all this, that and the other. And then you walk in there and first of all, it's beautiful, air conditioned. So I was like, okay, it feels nice, but it doesn't make any sense to me. And let me tell you something. The store was busy. There was a lot of people in Mister Tablecloth and they were all buying shit. People were spending hundreds of dollars in the tablecloth store, and curras out that I were with it spent like eight hundred bucks on table runners and tablecloths.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe that's their Burper village, But what do you just specialize in tablecloths? Maybe at Cirousol.
Speaker 1: No there was one store.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what they're known for.
Speaker 1: Let me google this cairousel and table you have to have a little symbol underneath the sea. It's like a thing, I know, whatever that that's called. But I was I was fascinated yet disturbed by mister tablecloth. I didn't understand what it was doing there, and I could not understand why it was so busy and why there was a line to check out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are no, it's like a linen store. They're a known thing. Their Instagram is big too, huh I I looking up beautiful that table cloths?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they were beautiful tablecloths. But it just didn't make sense to me, that's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, hmm. Well, I mean.
Speaker 1: That's like I don't know, going walking through Times Square there being like a volcanic rock store, Like it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: Well it could, because again, if that's what they're known for, like.
Speaker 1: But not there, why go to the tablecloth areas to tablecloth village like off the trail?
Speaker 2: Well why are rugs big in like this in Morocco of all places where it's really.
Speaker 1: Worn right, But there were lots of places selling rugs, so that was a thing here. There was just like this one random store.
Speaker 2: Nobody else. There was nobody else in the place. There are no other tablecloth stores. Okay, well then that is weird.
Speaker 1: It was very strange.
Speaker 2: It was just it's like the Raising Canes that's never coming to Times Square. They keep saying it's coming, but it's been under construction since the pandemic.
Speaker 1: What's raising canes?
Speaker 2: You've never been to Raising Canes? I can't really say it like sine. I can't say it like that because I've only ever been once with Gandhi. But they're a fried chicken places. But they're not for their They give you Texas toasts, that's like their thing. And they have the cane sauce, which is good. It's decl is it c ai n or c aaa and e s Raising canes. They're building one in Times Square, but it's been like the Jersey City Whole Foods that has been under construction since twenty eighteen. Yeah, I don't know how long it takes to build a freaking Whole Foods, but it's been five freaking years.
Speaker 1: We go. We have the Amazon Fresh store that they've been building since like twenty nineteen. I don't know, I really want by my parents.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited to be able to go to that, but everything's gonna get charged to my credit card, so I really have to figure out how I'm gonna split my parents off.
Speaker 1: Miamaz Tanya, it's just a it's just a gimmick. I can't see people shopping there all the time. It's for someone to say, haha, beep, beep beep, this is so cool. Haha beep beep, and then that's it. There's no savings there. It's just kind it's just.
Speaker 2: Haha, beep beep, ha ha bepepep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the old people aren't gonna go there. My dad's be like, what I don't understand.
Speaker 2: I have Amazon, I brought my laptop.
Speaker 1: Can I get it?
Speaker 2: Is this what I'm supposed to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Your dad, I remember trying to get his keyboard hooked up. It's the green wire. God, this wire it usually works. I know you have to plug it into this one. No, I never plug it into that one.
Speaker 1: You have no idea. So he he's a court stenographer and he's been working from home all COVID and now he still works from home because that's the only way he'll work now. And he'll call me or he'll text me. He's like, something's not working, can you come look at it?
Speaker 2: And he's got an old computer too.
Speaker 1: He just got a new one, just upgraded it. Yeah, but still the zoom thing is still he doesn't get you know, So why is there a picture of my car on there? You know? When I'm not talking, I'm like, well, that's your back screen. Yeah, once you once you log on, that's your profile picture. Right then then it'll start. Yeah, And he like calls me over while he's in the middle of the case, like because a court and a whole thing and and the attorneys and he's, you know, doing his thing, and he's like what And I'm like, no, I don't want to be in the screen. You know. He doesn't like, he doesn't he doesn't get it. But it's it's it's very it's just it's very tough with old people and technology. Look, I'm getting there. Yeah, you know, I have to ask my kids, Hey, how do you change that? I got to ask you, ude, how do I change my background on this thing? And like boo boo, boo boo. And it's done a lot of boops for me today, so many.
Speaker 2: Boops so many boops. But I read another caption from you. I really loved the last one. Well, I just I think that's the one where you said it was an epic trip.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean that's why they named the ship epic, because it is. Oh yeah, this is the one. What I did it comments on this house, Oh I did. Every time you upload, I would read the caption, just sit there and just go what is he doing? Our last day of board Norwegian epic and it truly was in every sense of the word. Today we spent one of our favorite days in Saint KITT's. After an amazing breakfast.
Speaker 2: On board, Ashley and I hiked at the top of Sufa Stone Sufa. It was so sofa Sufa, Sofa Stone mounted incredible views. What Cooper is not quite the hiker no, so our friends Scott and Judy took her on a scenic train ride around the island, finishing off the day with an incredible dinner at Labistro, were Cooper tried us cargo. She bade me pay her twenty dollars to do it, but it was so worth it. Now back to Puerto Rico for a trip through the rainforest before we would turn home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's wrong with that? I think it was nice descriptive.
Speaker 2: It's just the way you say it.
Speaker 1: I didn't say it like that.
Speaker 2: You did, I you know, but it's just like I just know your weather voice, and it's just you do it in weather announcer voice.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you we met a lot of nice people that were listeners, not of this, but listeners of the Big Show. Yeah, you know, I didn't have anybody say I love ball Chat, I love Serial Killers. There was none of that but oh hi Diamond. But there were people that we sat down on the deck at the pool because Cooper loved the water slides, so we were going on the slides and this and now whatever.
Speaker 2: One second, Oh, here we go. I just want to know if she's calling me for a good reason.
Speaker 1: She wants lunch?
Speaker 2: Is that what she's calling? Yes, she wants Hello. We all recording bull Chat. I'm here with Scottie Bae.
Speaker 1: Oh what is it? You want lunch or something? See?
Speaker 2: I told you, well, it was great talking to you. Dialand hope to see us souon. Andrew has to go, he can't have lunch. The song that around if I let you put your hands all over me, chet ching, chat ching.
Speaker 1: What I was gonna say? Okay, you wouldn't. No, I heard it this morning. It's a great song by lott I.
Speaker 2: Like that song by Lotto. Is it short for Lottery?
Speaker 1: Goodbye, Diamond Bye. It was funny like our studios are next to each other and I just hear her giggling at stuff from there because those rooms are not sound proven. It makes me smile. But anyway, so there we sat down on the deck and this woman next to me, she goes, are you Scotty b Look?
Speaker 2: I look okay, great? You know it flattering what it is. I'm Scottiebe. You may have Knowldly from Elvis Dorett at the Bolting Show.
Speaker 1: And don't forget Extreme Coupodic Season one, episode thirteen.
Speaker 2: Oh is that where you were from the TLC hit Extreme Couppolic.
Speaker 1: So I you know, I'm very humble, you know. So I was like, maybe you know she's And the mom was like, yeah, we listened to you all the time. I know everyone on the show, Froggy this and whatever. They didn't know you though, and those people don't you know it's Oh, it was very cool. They were from Madison. They listened to us on Z one O four. Her name was Aubrey. I don't know if she listens to this, but hey, Aubrey and Mom. Hi, Aubrey and Mom. I'm Andrews to meet you. I'm sure they knew who you were. I'm just being a dick.
Speaker 2: What time, oh before we got into a final sech but a bull chat. We have to take a little break.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll be back right after this. Dun dum dum dum dunt dunt, and we're back. You know. So while we were gone on vacation, we got lots lots of packages. You keep yelling at me because there's all kinds of stuff in this room.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So our friend Matt sent us some cereals.
Speaker 2: And I have to see this.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, okay, not yet. I lost and check out what we got. There was no name on it. I'm pretty sure someone probably DM me but I don't recall.
Speaker 2: Well, it's glass, and I think you just broken no, so.
Speaker 1: Check it out. It's made in Germany with love. Ah, but it didn't say who it was from. We got a ball. Oh my god, I love this ball. Yeh, so now we can clink. I love this.
Speaker 2: I want this. We have it, so thank you and I want to keep it.
Speaker 1: Whoever sent us the Tassin Tassin bowl by fifty eight Products, I don't know if it came from the company or if it came from a listener. This particular one is called Shill.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: These bowls so many right, are incredible, So thank you whoever sent this to us. There was no name on the return address. It was just the company that sent it. So very very much appreciated.
Speaker 2: Now wait, so Tasin sent us this.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if it came from the company or from a listener.
Speaker 2: Well, I wish you knew, because if they did, I would ask them to send me bowls.
Speaker 1: It's entirely they look like from the Disney I would put these right. Look, he looks like the picture looks like the Disney guy. What was that the Yeah, this is so much cool stuff.
Speaker 2: I would for sure put these all around my apartment.
Speaker 1: Now. The only thing is is no one sent us a spoon, so I will have.
Speaker 2: To plastic one.
Speaker 1: We'll have to improvise. Plastic can't do it till the end. So anything else you want to talk about, Andrew, We haven't recorded serial Killers yet from Monday.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a CoA. Well, we have the next four three days too. Well, it's Tuesday when we're recording this, not Wednesday. Scotti likes supertend. So will you have a chance this week to record? Yes, Scott, Okay, only if you have time.
Speaker 1: I do do. Let's just make sure because I'm saying right here and now I can record serial.
Speaker 2: I can record serial Killers. All right, most of this week I should be.
Speaker 1: Free a most should be here we go. Do you know that?
Speaker 2: Like Nate and I like chat after the show now and like I just catch up and make sure I'm on the same page on things.
Speaker 1: Well, you can do that after we record. No, because he's ten thirty eleven, not always he sits there, he does what we've done with this, he's still sitting there.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because there's a Philly call at eleven that I'm not on that I chose to do this, so let it be known. We listen right now.
Speaker 1: You can do it.
Speaker 2: It's fine, all right, because we I want to do at least thirty minutes for our listeners. They deserve it.
Speaker 1: Very sweet of you. So what else is going on in your world? Andrew?
Speaker 2: The new season of Life in Spanglish premiere is this Friday's Carolina. You guys are gonna love it. This season is so good and they're recording live in person again, so I'm very happy with it. So listen to Life and Spanglish wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, By the way, I got to use my Spanish in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to hear this right now.
Speaker 1: Why it was great?
Speaker 2: Olah, miamo Scott. Don't they a stall applia?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And he took us to the PLI I can't it was great.
Speaker 2: You mean the U is didn't that a US territory?
Speaker 1: It sure is. But the official language is Spanish there. Yeah, but you know English is the second language there. And if you look under that newspaper right there, you'll see what I brought back from Puerto Rico that we're going to talk under the newspaper, friend, that we're going to talk about on Monday. Check it out complete chocolate flavored Telloggs Complete. They had a bunch of different flavors. That was coconut, there was a couple other words.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. The chocolate looks like poop straight from a butt.
Speaker 1: Where else where else would it come from?
Speaker 2: Look at that the way the chocolate is that this is not appetizing.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going to get into pudding again. I really, that's just reminded me what a big I'm a big pudding fan. What I feel like your oldification is getting like pudding is not for old men. Oh pudding is an old person. For Why when I was kids, we had putting pops.
Speaker 2: But Carl, I don't have but paint. Then, couldn't you get me my porty?
Speaker 1: Okay? What would the kid version be with teeth? I mean, I like pudding, it's just they don't drink any drinks anymore because you don't need teeth to drink. I don't understand. I made no sense.
Speaker 2: Just putting is one of those foods that's an all retirement home.
Speaker 1: Well, I had lots of jello on the ship.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you did.
Speaker 1: Cube it was cubed.
Speaker 2: I had Buddy a cube jello on board the weeds and epic stop.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I you know. My favorite pudding flavor is what pistachio, Oh jello pudding, instant pistachio.
Speaker 2: I love pistachio. Pistachio ice cream is amazing. Pistachio I just but so so Stashio coffee.
Speaker 1: Remember when, yes, now Starbucks? Can we talk about Starbucks for a damn second, Like, I don't know what they did.
Speaker 2: But I went to Starbucks for the first time in like three years the other day three years. I don't go to Duncan.
Speaker 1: Is my choice a giant law? You've done.
Speaker 2: My friend Kam is calling, come on, she can wait because there's a water main break in Hoboke.
Speaker 1: But there always is, Okay. So if you don't know the area here where we live, New York and New Jersey are very close. New York City right through the tunnel is Hoboken. Right through the other tunnel is Jersey City. So it's it's very very close New York New Jersey just bordered. We're on the border sides. And Hoboken is a beautiful, cool city. Young people live there. I lived there for like eight or nine years or something like that. But it's a very very old city and the infrastructure is very very old, and there are constantly water main breaks because the pipes are well over one hundred years old. So like the slightest vibration from some construction down the street will burst one of these giant water mains from you know, eighteen ninety eight, and so there's always it's basically just they just patch them, you know, they replaced that one section and that's it. For them to completely redo all the water pipes and water mains and the entire city is just an impossibility. So they have to fix them as they break. But the problem is when they do break, it gushes a lot of water. And the way that Hoboken is is, you know, the back of the city is kind of it's down. It's I don't know if it's below sea level, but it's like down. So all the water, even when it rains, will flood the back of the city, and especially when there's a water main break. It is an effing nightmare. I lived there, like I said, probably in the early two thousands, and I'll never forget. There was a huge, huge rainstorm and we had to go watch our friend's cat, you know, Cubby. He had lived in Hoboken the way back the end of it, like down on Monroe Street, you know, the way back, and he was away and we had to go feed his cat. So I just walked in on the most random part No, and so there was a huge rainstorm. Yeah, and you know how the back of Hoboken floods. I mean, all you need is a light rain and as it floods. So we were walking down, you know, second toward the back of Hoboken, and all of a sudden, the water gets really deep and we had Boomer with us, the dog Boomer. You know, it was so deep that he started swimming.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So we were walking and Boomer was doing the doggy paddle and we finally got the Kupey's apartment and the whole ground level was flooded, but we were able to get up and feed his cat. Wow. Yeah. So I was just telling them how how volatile the old pipes and Hoboken are because they're century old.
Speaker 2: Well, my friend Michelle and her sister Kim, they live in Hoboken and a water main break happened yesterday. So they had yesterday and.
Speaker 1: When they do, it's brown.
Speaker 2: But today they said it was going to be back in I think ten to twelve hours. It's been ten to twelve hours and now they're like soon ten.
Speaker 1: To twelve days if they're lucky. Seriously, Well, I mean they take a long time. Oh god, that was it the whole city that's out?
Speaker 2: Or is it just that bad? So our friend Veronica, who also lives in Hoboken, was like, do I still have water?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Did you watch that show? No? Exactly, so calmed down Toots. So, uh, she had water yesterday, but then she said this morning she was like, well, the water is starting to do the like the thing, yes, where it starts sputtering out.
Speaker 1: Yes, that happened to me a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So then it's now out completely. So I think all Hoboken is gonna be without water.
Speaker 1: So we we had to shut the hot water heater off for a minute because it was leaking and they were over fixing it and I forgot when you turn it back on, Yeah, the hot water is so I was, well, I was at the kitchen sink and I turned it on and I came off for a second and then it started going to it started jerking, you know, and I went because it scared me. I didn't know what was happening after the pipe was exploding or something, and it was like it just it has a spasm for a little bit and then it turns brown and then it goes back to normal.
Speaker 2: Well, when after COVID, the first time I went back to my apartment after like two three months with my parents during COVID, Yeah, I remember going back and turning the water on and it just wouldn't turn on, like the pipes frozen. No, it was June.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't oltho. I didn't hear that part. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So by the time I got back, I and all of a sudden, I left it on for a solid like fifteen minutes and then it just went it just this brown water. Everyone's nasty.
Speaker 1: My favorite part is whenever there's a water outage or something's wrong with the pipes or whatever, and they say that you could see brown water. Oh, you always see brown say, but it's safe.
Speaker 2: I'm not drinking brown water.
Speaker 1: Right, No, gross, that's sediment from the bottom of it exactly. So all right, you're done.
Speaker 2: I'm done.
Speaker 1: You have to go. Yeah, pudding, so no, but you know where it's the best, So I have to go. I know it sounds gross, but when they make it at a diner, yeah, and it sits for a little bit, Oh god, next day, please it has no please, please, please please?
Speaker 2: What the coating?
Speaker 1: Yes, like a film pudding film, No, I hate the pudding used to actually sell putting what do they call it? Putting top? Please? What do they call it? It's called something something, damn it. I can't think. But there was a there was, like, you know, like Betty Crocker or something would sell putting tops. No, and it would be like a thin thing on two pieces of plasta to open it up and you would just eat the pudding tops.
Speaker 2: So gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like that. Okay, it's delicious.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know something about it feels just old and congealed, and I just don't think it's good.
Speaker 1: Well, there's certain foods. As they get a little bit older, they're better, and that's one of them.
Speaker 2: Ketchup like with all the disgusting, crusty ketchup on the top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is kind of gatt As you're squeezing at the heart, chunk falls in. Please, I hate it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't. All right, I shan't.
Speaker 1: I guess we're done. Yeah, thank you for listening to boll Chat. We'll see you on Monday with an all new Serial Killers where we'll eat diarrhea complete.
Speaker 2: Complete with a K with a K and Newman and I are going to set a date where we're gonna just chat and do a boll chat together.
Speaker 1: I would love that. I love Newman, but I want to be on on that one too. See.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna do a Friday episode.
Speaker 1: It needs to be a day where I'm not here.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll do tech talk with nobody.
Speaker 1: Okay, he built a new beautiful studio. I know. I want to go visit. Yeah, Colorado, Let's go Colorado. The Rockies, Let's tap them?
Speaker 2: What? Okay?
Speaker 1: Tap the Rockies?
Speaker 2: I don't get it corese Light cool?
Speaker 1: No, no, all right, it wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 2: Does it look like I like watched the commercial?
Speaker 1: I don't drink corse Light. That's for losers.
Speaker 2: Well, you get drunk off of one too, can Sam too? That's killed Scott?
Speaker 1: All right? Follow us on all social platforms at Serial Killers Piece c. Do not drop scissors in this beautiful bawl. Why get me the plastic four spoons? It won't make any sound.
Speaker 2: It will until I refuse to let you chip this bowl.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna chip it, you jerk. This is the same as a spoon. It's not pointy, it's it's not pointy. Look, hell it is you poked me with scissors? You ate all safety scissors for lefties? Do you remember in school?
Speaker 2: I know, I don't. I don't remember lefty scissors.
Speaker 1: What color were the tips?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Orange.
Speaker 1: You don't remember lefty scissors, no, because I'm not a lefty. But they always had that. They would bring out the little scissor caddy and they'd always be the jankiny pair of lefty scissors.
Speaker 2: Your own scissors.
Speaker 1: No, they had leftis scissors in the caddy and the top.
Speaker 2: So your school might have had that, but my school did not. So I don't remember the caddies, and I don't remember the lefty scissors.
Speaker 1: I don't remember the plastic coating on the lefty scissors on the where you put your fingers was always green, got it? And right here it said lefty printed embossed in it. That's a little so you Yeah, it was very you know, it made you feel like an outcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: They should have quietly, they should have been silver like the others and just been a little l you know, because you know, I felt it was very hurt by it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they were always rounded we'll talk about your trauma and other f lefties always got the rounded ones.
Speaker 2: I would actually like to do a challenge where maybe I write with my left hand and you write with your right.
Speaker 1: Done, let's do it. I can't write at all, You wouldn't be able to read anything.
Speaker 2: I definitely can.
Speaker 1: Can we do it right now?
Speaker 2: No? I need to go home. My friend really needs to use my apartment because they haven't had water in the like.
Speaker 1: In Your friend Michelle has lived without water for days.
Speaker 2: Your sister Kim has not.
Speaker 1: So all right until we see you on Monday with an all new Serial Killers, say think Andrew.
Speaker 2: Can I get the spoons? No, that's plastic clink right.
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna bring a spoon in unless somebody sends us another one.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe we'll get our spoons in a box that never got delivered. Okay, bye.
Speaker 1: Oh we're still missing stuff. I'm still missing stuff, my headphones.
Speaker 2: I don't know where's my work laptop. Bo