Speaker 1: And That's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to you and That's what you Really miss podcast.
Speaker 2: Today's a special day. We are unmasking a legend and icon and Internet sensation. If you are on Twitter and our gleek, you might be familiar with Terry Schuster Updates.
Speaker 1: And you might want to listen to this episode then.
Speaker 2: Because Terry Schuster Updates is actually someone named Sebastian Whittaker from Australia, and Sebastian is here to play. Let's get into it because this is a genius. Terry Shuster Updates is so funny and we have so many questions. So this is lovely Sebastian Whittaker aka Terry Schuster Updates.
Speaker 3: Hello, Oh my god, Wow, how about you guys?
Speaker 1: Good? Thank you honored.
Speaker 2: We are honored that you're here.
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 3: I am honored. If you're honored, then I'm honored. Then we're Its only such a privilege and such a delight to you.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you could come as.
Speaker 2: A fellow unhealthy Twitter user. Yes you too, I see you all the time on there. You are the one and only Terry Schuster updates.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it feels so strange to see you in person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean same with you. I mean like i've you know, I grew up seeing you both on my screens, and now here I am and talking to you. This is like kind of insane and crazy. But yeah, full cycle.
Speaker 1: Well thanks for joining us Alliday from Australia.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, Sebastian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god. No, of course we have so.
Speaker 2: Much to talk about because you clearly have a deep, deep understanding not only of Glee, but of a very specific character who was on basically on one season.
Speaker 3: Yep, she was the original Rob's Queen.
Speaker 1: Truly, can you tell us about yourself and then also, like Terry Schuster updates how it came to be.
Speaker 2: Or how Glee found you, Like, let's take it back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Glee found me when I was about nine or ten. I remember it was the Mattress episode that was on TV at the time airing, and my mum was watching it in the living room. I was like, what's what's this? The singing and jumping on mattresses, that's my dream?
Speaker 2: Revolutionary TV?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, changed the world honestly, Yeah, it was just it resonated a lot, Like a lot of I was very much like a show choir, kind of like outcast kid growing up, so like a lot of it resonated. Yeah, and so I pretty much just like watched it from the beginning to like to that to the end as like live as it was, and I was like such a gleek. I remember being in like primary school and like at the end of the day, at the end of class, I would get up and be like, Okay, guys, tonight's so big episodically they're going to do thriller. I did that like multiple times where I would just like ask my teacher if I could get up at the end of class and just be like, guys, don't forget to you know, check out. Yeah, don't forget to do.
Speaker 2: That is so cute. Yes on the payroll exactly.
Speaker 3: You know what. I think. I'm going to send a very strongly worded email after this.
Speaker 2: Just send an envoice to Fox.
Speaker 3: Yes, I will.
Speaker 2: That is that's so sweet and like you're absolutely out of your mind for doing that, and I love it.
Speaker 3: I was very obsessed with your show, and I think the like it was only the distance, the fact that I lived in Australia that I wasn't like, I don't know up on our yeah, yeah, coming to say that, you know, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Australia I also had had a very big connection to the show. I don't know what it was immediately, like the Australian fan base, and luckily whoever picked up at channelton yeah, fully got the show. And you guys were the ones that were getting it, like almost within the same day as it aired in the US. You're the only country in the world that was doing that, and so you had your Yeah, your country had your finger on the pulse. Did you keep watching the show with your mom after you walked in on mattress? Like was that something you did together? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think well, I think we watched like the first season together. Then I kind of continued on watching it by myself, like I would watch it. We had a TV in the living room and then a TV in her room, and I would watch it in her room. I remember watching season two, just like Buy Myself in her room, and it was the episode where Kurt left New Directions left m Kenny and I remember sobbing and like coming to her in like the kitchen or something. And be like Court's leaving. No little did my little gay heart know that they were about to give us the romance of my dreams?
Speaker 2: My dreams.
Speaker 1: Yes, but.
Speaker 3: I think it was about March or April. There was a tweet that went viral. Someone had the display name will Shuster Updates and the tweet was Will Shuster has died, and that went viral, and within like twenty four hours, all these like Glee updates accounts, parody accounts spawned. I think I got in pretty early, but like by the time I'd already like created a new account and like started to choose like a character, all of the big ticket once had been taken, like I think Quinn, Rachel, Tina and Artie Sue, like all of these kind of like main characters had already been taken, and so I was like, I need, you know, I could probably like spend like half an hour going through each main character, or I could just like choose someone who's like a bit left field. And for some reason, Terry Shuster popped into my mind amazing brilliant.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't because Terry was your favorite. It was like, how can I secure this account that won't be taken already.
Speaker 3: It was a little bit of that, but I think there was also I have always had a bit of an infinity with Terry Schuster. Like I remember growing up and like watching the show and everyone she was the world's most hated woman for like a year, and I remember being like, Okay, yeah, she like manipulated and like, you know, emotionally like all these things. But like I was like, but she's kind of serving. She's kind of serving a little bit.
Speaker 2: She's a gay man's dream. Like that's absolutely yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, her and her and Kendra Honestly, like I could watch ten seasons.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we want Yeah exactly, We've been talking about that.
Speaker 3: Give me like Terry and Kendra committing murders and like almost getting caught and like but like getting away with it. I know, yes, literally.
Speaker 1: So then when you started this account with Terry Schuster as your main villain, when did your tweets start to go viral? Was it immediate or was it did it take a minute for you to kind of get the the vibe you were looking for.
Speaker 3: I think it took a minute at first. I mean it was kind of lovely because like it was this kind of community of clear updates Twitter accounts, and I think we were kind of all tweeting together for like a year or so, but now it's I think I'm like one of the only ones left. But it was kind of like this period where like I would tweet like Terry's hashtag folding a sheet and get like ten likes and it albeit the likely updates Twitter account, So it was kind of like a lovely time. But I think probably it took like a few months for me to like kind of find my voice and boy did you? Boy did I?
Speaker 1: Boy did you? There's so many really really great.
Speaker 2: Ones, so good, so thank you so much. Does Jesselyn know, like, have you interacted with Jesslin at all? Does she know it exists that she.
Speaker 3: She she followed me. I think like maybe a year or two into it. Man, she was like I think she replied to one of my tweets being like this is so great and you know, I love this. She replied to one of my tweets recently where I think I'd done like a breaking Kamala Harris has just announced Terry She's updates as a vice president and just replied something like, you know, I'm not sure if you know, but I'll do it. I'll do it.
Speaker 2: I remember seeing that. Actually that was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And honestly, I I would support I would support just Lena as the as the vice president.
Speaker 2: Oh, I would support for anything she do's nothing she can't do.
Speaker 3: Definitely literally, First Gleek on the Moon, first Cleek on Earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I want to talk about some of your favorite since you were such a hardcore Gleek, I would love to talk about some of your favorites. So, like who was your favorite guest star?
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean I love anything. Jennifer Coolidge is in her just kind of like popping up in the sixth season as Brittany's mom is like very camp.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Jennifer College is a great one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably probably Jennifer College. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What about your favorite character obviously other than Terry Schuster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Kurt What was my favorite just because of like the parallels with my own life and like, yeah, growing up queer and like having that representation was really nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I feel like you got like a lot of the really good storylines, particularly in like the around like season two and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But then I also I I'm obsessed with unique as well. Alex newall. They can do no wrong in my eyes. And also because I also because yeah, I was like watching the Glee Project as ed as well, and I remember rooting for Alex and and I feel like you nix another one where it's like she was given two storylines on like three seasons, but anytime she was on screen, I was like, yes, that's my devo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very much how I feel now watching it back. Alex needs more. Just give us more, Alex all the time.
Speaker 1: Always.
Speaker 2: I have a question because you said you started watching when you're like eight or nine years old and growing up as like a young queer kid, and you have the show that has so many queer characters and one of the main characters being Kurt. What I think, like, what did that mean to you? Or how did you like did you know what you were watching? And like maybe how important it was to your life even at that young age, because like I remember growing up and loving shows that might have had like a gay character but not really realizing why at the time. But because you were so young watching this, like did you clock what was going on? Or just like I really like the show. I'm not exactly sure why I like what it meant for you, like developmentally, like to be able to have sort of the show created this sort of safe space where all kinds of people can coexist and are accepted, and if they face any sort of adversity, you have this, you know, group of people to defend you and support you. Like what was that like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I clocked that tea pretty early. I yes, that tea pretty early. I well, I mean I kind of think that like Glee made me gay a little bit, yeah, probably probably, Yeah, I mean, I mean I can kind of literally, I can kind of pinpoint it to the Bad Romance episode metricality.
Speaker 2: There was no hope you have Lady Gaga and Glee like your screws. Yeah, literally, if you didn't become gay.
Speaker 3: No, I it was life changing and world shattering, and it was I knew in that moment. I knew, And so yeah, I think that well, I've kind of, yeah, I've kind of known that I was gay since I was like nine or ten years old. I remember like being ten, I think and telling my mom like, Mom, i think I'm gay, and she was like okay, and it was kind of like a lovely moment, like she she might not have had all the words to like, you know, but she always met me with love and acceptance, and she was kind of just kind of like a bod hummel a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so great.
Speaker 2: That's great, go mom. We love that.
Speaker 1: So our producer said that you would some questions for us, and I want we wanted to obviously give you a chance to ask those yes in real time.
Speaker 2: So excited. Illow when people to come with quest since I have a.
Speaker 3: Bit of a list and I didn't order these, so they're just kind of in the order of that came out of my head.
Speaker 1: Great, we don't have orders in our heads either.
Speaker 3: No, this is for both of you. When filming Slash airing, did you guys ever view Will shoost as creepy or like problematic? Because I feel like there's this notion now that he there were like aspects of him that weren't great, and the show was like kind of positioning him as like, you know, that teacher that we all wish that we had. That's something that because I know I didn't. I mean I was like in ten I was still learning like three plus five, but you know, I didn't clock it growing up, But yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think we. I personally didn't clock it while we were shooting, and partially because Matt was like our age and he was like one of our friends, and so it didn't compute to me that it was going to read on screen as inappropriate in any way. And I don't think it even clocked to me like I was like, oh, wow, mister Sheet needs some new friends, do you know what I mean? Like that's kind of how I saw it, But I didn't think they would take off in a way where it would look so bad. Yeah, for him in the lens of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: It felt like, no, we had no idea. It did not feel creepy. He did feel like like an older brother mentor figure in that way. I think what happened was like the world shifted in a way, because I do, and I say this a lot, but I think A Glee was sort of the end of a certain era of like how we even communicated or digested pop culture information, how we all spoke to Like it was such a bridge to where we are now that I think. And Matt is also like super chill and super nice, and I think there's that sort of like subconscious thing of like, oh, well, yeah, he just means well this guy just but now going back and watching him, like oh, he's obviously a little creepy, like, bro, what is your problem? But no, none of us really. I don't know what exactly happened, like what flipped, but everybody seemed to understand at some point a couple of years ago of like, hmmm, pause, what is going on with this guy? You know, it's just a little strange. But no, we didn't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't say, like the way that people are looking at it now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, I think I've benefited the merst out of the Willshoes to hate because it's like, well, yeah, yeah that's your hero, the unsung hero of Glee's shoosta true, we agree? Yeah, yeah, okay, good. I just have a note that says Jenna, I follow Rivers.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, that's a correct note.
Speaker 3: I follow Rivers. I feel like it's one of my favorite underrated songs that you ever did on.
Speaker 1: The show so hated.
Speaker 3: I And I mean, like, listen, I remember I remember the episode that you did on Not of Neglect, and you're talking about how yet and yet again? Ye Tina gets cut off before she can even finish the number, but.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love I follow Rivers and I feel like a lot of Tina songs, even the ones that got cut off, are so like iconic.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you and so yeah. I appreciate that these are correct opinions.
Speaker 3: Literally. I also want to say, Jenna, congrats on the second baby on the way. That's incredibly exciting.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you. We're excited and nervous.
Speaker 2: Anybody multiplying it's you and David.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Thanks too late to so thank you.
Speaker 3: I want to that's okay. I wanted to ask on that, following in the footsteps of Quint for Bray, do you think you will also perform give Up the Funk with full career a week before giving birth?
Speaker 1: You know that would be a TikTok if there ever was one. There we go, Jenna, I think you should do it. There's my entry way. And we were talking about this on Jacobs episode Jacob Artist and how I don't follow him and on TikTok because I'm not onto. I'm signed into TikTok, but I'm not on it and I've really been missing out and so I feel like I need to find my way back in, and that might be it.
Speaker 2: I think doing some Quinn for bray bits is completely it.
Speaker 1: Put on some funky stripes and red and yellow and go, do you give up? Funk? Maybe you don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've seen Terry Schuster updates as much as I have, but you have one when quote tweeted this picture of this bridge, this rickety ass bridge that nobody should be going on, and I said, what would have to be on the other side for you to cross?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 1: Quin baby?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Correct, that's a good one. Correct, So that's a good one. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Terry loves babies, but she loves Queen for Bray's baby most of all.
Speaker 1: Most of all. I mean, her whole storyline was so wildly unhinged, but we bought it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I also think we didn't realize how crazy that storyline was.
Speaker 1: Either agreed, We just like went with it, right.
Speaker 2: I think, because it was like Ryan was still doing Nip Tuck and so like we knew this guy created Nip Tuck and that was a crazy ass show, and so maybe we just like trusted it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she's having hysterical pregnancy of course.
Speaker 1: Again again it's like it's like the people who don't know it's satire. Yeah, is that's the problem, you know, if you're not watching it knowing in on it, like you're missing it, right, that's fair.
Speaker 3: I feel like it sets the turn of the show instantly. It does. And yeah, like I feel like a lot of the satire that's to come later. Terry's still you know.
Speaker 1: Paved the way the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like if she's setting the bar there, like Okay, we know what we're going to, what we're going for.
Speaker 3: I also want to us Kevin, will you sing blame it on the alcohol at my funeral? As my whole he is being lowered. I like need that to happen.
Speaker 2: You also had such a good uh tweet about blame it on the alcohol being my number one most Spotify play. I don't understand it.
Speaker 3: I can't you put some some juice in that. You put some like you know when cook chicken and there's like alo like chicken.
Speaker 1: Would like, Yeah, it was that it was his favorite.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: I like bathing in the in the chicken juice.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't get it, but I appreciate it. You love that episode, you love love episode, but I didn't. I didn't think I necessarily sounded that great on that song. They had some like weird effect on I'm like, I think I sound like I have a cold, no more than I normally do, and like I got mad we were recording it because I wanted to.
Speaker 2: It's so stupid. I wanted to do what the actual recording was. But like that was an effect. You can't do that with your voice. I'm like, yes, I can. So like little things like that left me with the impression of like, ugh, this cover wasn't as good as it could have been. And so then when a couple of years ago, all of a sudden it hit. I didn't know there was an underground movement of people like Sebastian who loved blaming the alcohol and I appreciated it, and I went back and listened to it and I was like, well, all right, okay, maybe definitely, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: It's like top ten for me, Like wow, I love that.
Speaker 2: Wow, and yes I'll sing it at your funeral, thank you, thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's legal and legal writing, contractually obligated.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, we have witnesses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one's for both of you. Where were you when you have first heard the room aute that Michelle con read and do you have any evidence that she can.
Speaker 2: I have to say that the amount of times personal friends have asked me this question in the last.
Speaker 1: Week really like recently out.
Speaker 2: Of nowhere, like I thought, we put this to bed, personal friends who I think maybe finally gained the courage time to ask me.
Speaker 1: People have asked for sure, like very legitimately. Yeah, it was. It wasn't until like after the wave of craze of it that I heard about it.
Speaker 2: Because there's been two waves. There was a first wave and I was a pre pandemic, yes, and then all of a sudden, during the pandemic, it just came back with a vengeance.
Speaker 1: And I I think I had heard about it, but it was just so ridiculous to me that I ignored it like anything else. You know, I have proved because I've seen her read her script before, but she could have just been pretending. So no, I'm just kidding. I'm here to set the record straight. She can read. It's just funny to go along with it because it's such a thing now, and also the fact that she's like leaned, leaned into it and made these videos and tiktoks about it is even better, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, answer is the same. I think when I heard about it, I was like, that's crazy, and that was sort of it's like, obviously she can read.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, because I think this might have been the like in the past week. I think that was like a tweet that like pop based on Pop Crave tweeted that was like today was like National Reading Day and they had a photo of Liah Michelle or something, and that like kind of went so I think maybe that might.
Speaker 2: Have I think it did it put it back in people's minds, right, Yeah, So.
Speaker 3: That's that's maybe I'm gonna that's maybe I'm gonna she can.
Speaker 2: Read, Okay, Okay, that's definite. Yeah I have. I've seen her read menus at restaurants, you know, I've seen her read scripts. Yeah right, I've seen her read.
Speaker 3: Well. We can finally, you know, I've been I put my Lady Gaga investigating for evidence hat on and now we can put that to rest.
Speaker 2: I need somebody to follow up a Lady Gaga about that. I need a further exploration unto her investigation at the Capitol.
Speaker 3: We need, we need Leah Michelle to investigate Lady Gaga investigating the capital.
Speaker 2: I would like that me too. That would heal the world.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you guys.
Speaker 3: I also when I save a few, I wrote, I was writing questions and questions in a world where you weren't on Clee. Terrible world to live in. But would you have done the Glee project to get onto Glee?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I would not have. H No, I think I had who is that we had on? I had the same thought process that I would have had. Maybe like they're like I've already done things. I don't know if I need to do this. Why would I do this? Is damien? Maybe and they were like, you know what, Like screw it, let's just like have a good time and see what happens. I wish I would have been that confident or if you had that ability, I would not have. I'm like, look if.
Speaker 1: My if my team of people, my agent and manager were like, you should do this, this is really working. There might have been a chance I could have been persuaded, but it would not have been on my radar to try or do we just you know, I think Kevin and I had both worked as kids and done enough in our professional career that at that time it was very synonymous with like the reality versions of these shows like American Idol, the competition style, which was like, you know, not quite what it is today, and so I yeah, it wouldn't have been my first choice, but luckily, you know, all those amazing Tony Award winners from it. Literally we got shown shown what what that we would have made the wrong decision, yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean Lee during Glee, Like, let me be the first person to say, but it looked pretty hard. But the Glee project looked also.
Speaker 1: Like steroids in its own right. Yes, definitely, absolutely, It's like Survivor Savage style looking on the lower budget. Exactly.
Speaker 2: It felt so bad for those kids.
Speaker 3: This one's a simple one. Agree or disagree laurenz ICs with the new Rachel.
Speaker 1: Wow, I mean, are we starting a Lawrence Ices up dates account?
Speaker 3: Lisa. That's I think that Lawrence ICs Is was the first to rob the woman. Laurence Ices was the second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was definitely.
Speaker 1: Robbed, and we we last a soldier too soon.
Speaker 2: But I think she's I think she should be her own things, Rachel Rachel, Yeah, yeah, I still think Tina needed to be the new Rachel.
Speaker 3: Well, I think so too.
Speaker 1: Thanks you guys. Thanks.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, do you have like a favorite unhinged storyline? Like, because I mean, is it the Terry Schuster? Like the Terry Shuster plot overall?
Speaker 1: Only one of mine?
Speaker 3: I like, yeah, I think so that's definitely up there. I mean Grill Jesus classic. I I watched a lot of like people on YouTube and like Patreon, like react to TV shows that I've seen. So I've watched a lot of people react to and like sometimes people will just like not get is there? Like why is he on the ground kneeling praying to it? Like this is like a new release of the Bible itself? Like this is this is scripture?
Speaker 2: Wait, I need to I need to unpack that there are people on Patreon you can subscribe to that react to television shows. Yes, this is the first time I feel really old. Oh no, it's having a moment people.
Speaker 3: No, that's that's okay.
Speaker 2: So there's people that watch Glee and react to it on Patreon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, because they will post like the edited version on Glee where it's just like the bits that they react to. But like some people will post like the full unedited version so you can like kind of press play and watch it along with them.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I've spent so much money. Yeah, I think you should do that.
Speaker 3: Oh well, See, the thing is I kind of need to like have a stroke and then forget all of the TV shows that I've watched to then be able to watch them again or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I just keep watching shows and I'm like, oh, damn this because I haven't had that though before, and I was like, I'm like, damn, this would have been like a good one to like.
Speaker 1: Like yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, interesting, Wow, my mind is blown. If there's a Glee reboot, then you should do it for that, Yeah, I mean, would you. I don't think there's going to be either, but if there were, what would you want to see in it?
Speaker 3: I'm glad that you asked that because I've written I've written my plans for the Gleeper.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't know if I would react to it, because I I mean, like, if I if I hustled that kiddie enough, I'm going to be on the rightest team, that's right. I think my elf. I think the Glee boot in my opinion should be in the hands of myself, Mike's Mike and then Rachel Bloom. Like, I think the three of us could become a new.
Speaker 1: RB is a solid team right there. Yeah, and definitely just with like the plethora of knowledge that you guys have of what the show was, deep deep understanding. Yeah, exactly, literally, Okay, so you've got our writers.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think that it's said in the same like it's kind of like a sequel to Glee in my mind, So it's like the same timeline, but just later.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: All new, all new casts. The only recurring character at least to start off with is Sue syl Vesta, but this is after she's been banned from the United States and she has to assume a new secret identity is like through real Vesta or something, and she just has like this like brown wig Gone or something for the whole time.
Speaker 1: That works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's set in like backswamp, North Carolina or something, and Kurt and Blaine's Wajian baby is attending school, but there's no glee club at this school, so then they have to like start the glee club in hopes of introducing music to the people great, Yeah, I think that RuPaul plays mister Shoot. Yeah, I think that Thorgi Thor should be Brad the piano player. And then I'm like, then I'm not so set on like the other but those are like my must.
Speaker 2: Taps on the cast.
Speaker 3: Jenna Okay, love Thorgie Thor And then yeah, and then like in terms of like the who would be like the new that kind of cost of like Glee, Like I'm I'm because I also actually there's a question that I want to ask you of, like with today's kind of generation of like young actors, who would you want to like who would you cast in the Glee boot I personally like, I think like Joe Locke because like he can act and sing. And then also uh, Aisha Madden from who played Amory, who plays Amory and Heartbreak high yes saying lich, oh my god, I love that so much. I just finished rewatching that for like the fourth time. I'm obsessed with it.
Speaker 2: Everyone is so good in that show.
Speaker 3: Mmmm.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's written so well.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm not as up to date on the younger actors of art of the in the industry right now, obviously, other than like the the Key a listers, but I love moder Apatow and I know she can sing because she didn't.
Speaker 5: You're right, I also sort of think it should be I would like to see less known people. Yeah, because when they recast and when they cast all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: I think that would I think that would be really cool to talent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a really good point.
Speaker 1: That's a solid right there.
Speaker 3: I think, thank you.
Speaker 2: Don't let Ryan hear this, because I feel like there are several points in there that he would really latch on to. We should pitch it, like we have this great idea, but the one condition is you have to hire this Australian.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll wait by my phone wait for it to ring.
Speaker 2: Do you have any more questions?
Speaker 3: Yes? I have one last question, and it's because I think Theatricality is my favorite all time episode of Glee. That's maybe my favorite all time episode of something ever, one of my I have like a couple of different anecdotes about Theatricality and the way it's played into my life. Amazing. One of my closest best Judy's best Diva's my friend Chelsea Jones. We one year did this like plan to do this couple costume as the lamp and moist tellt she just gotta put like a lamp shade on her head. I was just gonna like, so good, so good, so honestly, where is moist Tellot's updates?
Speaker 2: Honestly true? And how is lamp doing?
Speaker 3: Literally?
Speaker 2: I want to know, I want to know, never recovered.
Speaker 3: And and then I also I have this memory of because I studied I obviously studied theater in high school in UNI, and I took this one like improv class, and I remember every week we had to do this like it would do these warm ups to like get into the you know, get into the vibe, to do some improv, and like no one raised their hands to like lead a group warm ups, So I raised my hand and I taught throughout like the persons of like ten weeks. I taught everyone the coreer form bad Romance, but the flee version. So it was just like twenty theater kids going, oh, what you love it is?
Speaker 2: Don't you remember your classmates from the time you were ten through UNI? Like how lucky they were to have you?
Speaker 3: You know, they've been terrorized and blessed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they would know so much less about the world. You know, you've taught, You've given them culture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mother Teresa is not a strong enough word I think to describe me.
Speaker 2: I know, I don't think we have it yet. I think it's just Terry Shooter updates.
Speaker 3: That's right, Terry updates. Yeah, I've said that she's the original Virgin Mary Terry shoester it's true.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, is pregnancy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wanted to ask about Bad Romantically Clust version. I think my favorite cover of all time, one of my favorite songs of all time, which outfit from the Bad Romantica Clust version? Would you wear to go grocery shopping?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Nayas m I'd read that anywhere with the rib I'd read that outfit to sleep in, to go to the grocery store, to car wash. I don't care where I.
Speaker 3: Was cross country skiing, I'd be wearing it.
Speaker 2: You can't imagine how chic that would be on the slopes.
Speaker 1: I feel like I go. I would wear heathers to complement yours.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my god, I think about that loves the Head all the time.
Speaker 1: It was iconic, truly iconic.
Speaker 3: I think I read somewhere with that like it was it. It took Heather like forty minutes to get into that costume with like all the intricacies of like the hat or.
Speaker 2: Something that sounds right, it might have. Yeah, a lot of those things, like they just constructed themselves, and so like a lot of them would be very delicate and it would take the army of the costume department, so get them into it. I mean that makes sense.
Speaker 3: I remember the old costume Johna like it. Like the there was no way to move in it without it making the noise.
Speaker 1: They were hard plastic bubbles, and so they would clink against each other and they weren't secured so well on for the episode. We rejiggered them for the tour, of course, but for the episode they were just rolling in the middle of the number and they were just like on by like a fish, you know, fishing thread. So it was very it wasn't very secure and they were just bounced like they weren't stuck together in any way. And so it was I love that outfit. I was so excited to get the bubble outfit, and I couldn't hate anything more than that outfit by the end, because We were in it for a whole week too. It wasn't just a number that.
Speaker 2: We did oh so much.
Speaker 1: Read and it was honestly just like a leotard onderneath. So it should have been comfortable in every other respect. It should have just been a really comfortable outfit, but it was just not. It was really They had to redo it for the tour though, because we couldn't have clear plastic balls thrown off the stage.
Speaker 2: I also remember at some point, I think towards the end of that week of that episode, they really they just started to fall off, and I think at some point you were just over it like a shimmy, and you're like, well, here they go, and they just started like bouncing down the hallway, like the McKinley hallway, the scene.
Speaker 1: With Kurt where we're coming down the hallway and then we get bullied right by Kroofski. Sound was like, we can't have you walking and talking at the same time, and obviously we had to walk, and so I was just battling myself and then everybody else. It was like me against the bubbles.
Speaker 2: They were like Christmas ornaments that were just like strung to.
Speaker 1: HER's like like what you put pot pourri in do you know pop pury is like the scented like herbs, right, yeah, a Christmas ball, I guess.
Speaker 3: Is the same that Kevin used to blame it on the alcohol.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, not as seasoning.
Speaker 1: It's not okay, So we have a question for you before we let you go. We ask everybody this is what does the feeling that leaves you with.
Speaker 3: Homosexuality? Primarily? But I think it's like like the campus of camp, but presented in like the warmest of hugs. Like it's insanely funny, insanely well written, everything, like everyone's operating out a ten in all in all of the you know, in humor and music and everything. But then it's also at least behind a message of like just like joy and community and finding your people. And I think that that's it was important then and it's important now.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, we were lucky to have you as as an OG click. Thank you for still being into it and for Terry Schuster updates. If you don't follow Terry Shooter updates on Twitter, go do it.
Speaker 1: Get on it.
Speaker 2: It is one of the bright spots of Twitter these days, which is a little hard to find, and just brilliant. You're brilliant. Thank you for watching Glee. Thank you for the homosexuality. I'm glad we made you gay. We'll take responsibility for Yeah, you're welcome. Actually yeah, well, thank you and con regards and also best wishes. Yeah, and such a pleasure. And I love that we get to like unmask Terry Shooter updates. This revolutionary.
Speaker 3: This must be what it feels like to be on secret celebrity drag race where you know, the secrets no longer out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. I think this was I think secrets every drag race could have learned a couple of things from hiding people from this. You know that was a little more obvious.
Speaker 3: I mean it was. It was that clip of in Also six where Silky's gonna lips think. You know, it's like, who is looking on I guess, oh it's giggly.
Speaker 2: Very yeah, very that. Yeah. Well, seriously, thank you so much for taking the time. And we know the scheduling is crazy because you're trying difference.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you Birth, Thank you Birth for Glee, for this podcast, Thank you Birth for just everything that you do.
Speaker 2: Oh, likewise, it takes all of us like you said, it's community.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: So nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you, Thank you, thank you, bye Bhi. Thank you so much Tobashian for literally scheduling from across the world and for running a sensational account on Twitter and supporting Glee and being an OG and taking the time to chat with us. And I hope you guys enjoyed the episode and that's what you really mean, Bye bye.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.