Speaker 1: The volume. The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell Casino w in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueans See DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: The playoffs are upun us the best place to watch right there in person. Game Time is an authorized ticket marketplace for playoff basketball, which makes getting playoff tickets even easier and faster. Prices on game time app actually go down closer it gets to tip off with killer last minute deals, all in prices views from your seat, the lords price guarantee game time. Take the guests work out of buying tickets, save even more when you choose a section and let game time. Choose to see the lower price guaranteed or game time will credit one hundred and ten percent of the difference. Take the guests work out of buying playoff basketball tickets with game time. Download the game time out, create an account, use code Nightcap twenty.
Speaker 2: Dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again.
Speaker 1: Creat an account, Redeem code nightcap nigt CAAP for twenty dollars off. Download game time today, last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: I am your favorite un Shannon Sharp bottom left.
Speaker 1: He's your favorite number eighty five Route Runner, Extraordinary Bengals, Ring of.
Speaker 2: Fame, Honoree Bowler. He's an all pro. He's from Liberty City.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he's Chad O Cho Senko Risotto Johnson and in your bottom right, y'all know him your favorite number zero, the Arizona Wildcat Legend, the Wizard about your man himself, mister Gilbert Arenas.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys. Please make sure you hit that light button. Do that.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Really really do that. That way we get some feedback and the videos to get recommended. Thank you guys for selling out. Shay By Laportier. We are we're only taking pre orders. We had we gotten two ship and saying and we're clearing up all the backlog. And I noticed people hadn't been in the chat, said we ain't got ours because we're getting it out to you. And they say, we're gonna have all the back law cleared up in the next in the next week, so the next five to seven day business days, all the back orders will be filled.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys. I really really appreciate your patience.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you go follow my media company's page on all platforms. Shayshape Media and my clothing company. Eighty four Nightcamp merch released this weekend. The link is penning at the top of the chat. Quantities are limited and they're selling out fast. We're offering free shipping on all orders over one hundred dollars, and to show our appreciation for you guys, we've created an additional twenty percent off Use the code up for an additional twenty percent off use code up. Also, guys, we want you guys to subscribe to Gils Gilbert's YouTube channels. Gil's Perna channel on YouTube he hasn't showed. That airs every Monday through Thursday live at eleven third Pacific time. That's Gil's Arena on YouTube and it show airs every Monday through Thursday live at eleven thirty am Pacific time. He also has a personal page. It's called no Chill Gill. That's Gilbert Arena's personal page on YouTube. No Chill Gill, what about me? Hell, you ain't got no YouTube page?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: I need people to subscribe to my only fans. Subscribe to my only fans, those of you that in the chat onlyfan dot com slash o Cho Cinco. Subscribe to my only fans onlyfan dot com slash o r Cinco.
Speaker 2: What is it called? Well? What's your what's what's your name?
Speaker 4: I just told you so your SINKO?
Speaker 2: Oh? That ain't that?
Speaker 1: Ain't that that'll captivate people? Ain't nobody trying to go see it?
Speaker 2: O Cho? You gotta have a name like a choclet or.
Speaker 4: You already you know my name. My name is twigs. But I couldn't.
Speaker 5: I couldn't use TwixT my handle because nobody would go to a page called coast. But they gonna go, they gonna come see.
Speaker 2: Me black lavender. There you go right there, ladies, love that.
Speaker 4: I like that. I like that black Laveny.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like to go.
Speaker 4: That's a good one. I like that one.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, let's get right into it.
Speaker 1: The MAVs go on the road beat the Minnesota Timberwolves one O eight to one.
Speaker 2: On five.
Speaker 1: Luke and Kyrie's took turns getting buckets to steal the game. Game one Finals Luca thirty three points, eight assist, six rebounds, Kyrie Irving thirty points, five rebounds, four assists. Game two is on Friday. Jim, I'm gonna go to you first, because this is your level of expertise.
Speaker 2: What did you like?
Speaker 1: What was the difference in this ball game to your best guest estimation of why the MAVs were able to go on the road and beat the Minnesota timberward the red hot Minnesota timberwoar. You know, you know, game one is usually the easiest one for the road because it's on the pressure of the home team to get the first one. So I thought, irritating Kyrie by a man sayingblically, I'm gonna guard them on gold mold in the first half. Right, Yes, Kyrie we've seen in the second half is what Kyrie we've been seeing in the last two rounds. He's just being he's just letting the game come to him. But the fact that you know, ant man, you challenged him, challenge him, and that's the dude, you want to do that too. So carried him in the first half while Luca was struggling, and then they switched roles in the second half. Then that's the great thing about having two guys who can do the same thing, that when one is lacking, the other one picks up the slack. So I thought they did a great job and the two stars played great when they needed to be.
Speaker 5: There, O Joe, I mean, listen, I told you I picked the winner series. The MAVs got away with one. I think a man poking the bear. I'm not gonna say upsetting Kyrie, but just challenging Kyrie. Kyrie was up for the challenge. He showed us, he showed the rest of the world where he's capable of doing. He's one of those people, like a light switch, he can turn it on when he wants to. Again, in the first half he showed out. He made a statement because he was challenged. In the second half, I think he put it in cool control and Luca Johnsik took over from that point on.
Speaker 4: I mean it was cool.
Speaker 5: It was a good game. The MAVs got this one. But we know who's gonna win a series. Listen, the MAVs won the battle tonight, but the war they will not win.
Speaker 2: You know what, Gil, I don't know if you, O Joe.
Speaker 1: I was surprised how well the Mavericks rebounded the ball, because you got seven plus feet, Rudy Gobert, you got seven foot cat, you got six, ten, six eleven, Nazri you go six eight Jane Daniels. So I thought they would have a substantial because that's what Minnesota do. They beat you up on the glass because they can get rebound after rebound, because they're always going to have a seven footer on the court, either Cat or Rudy gonna be on the or Navred. So you're gonna go six year or above for forty eight minutes of the ball game. So you're knowing that, being said Dallas, I rebounded him by eight. I was surprised by high well Dallas points in the paint. Now we know Minnesota aed can live in the paint, but for the most part they get there. You know, Cat wanna shoot three, nav Red can go inside, but he's gonna shoot three.
Speaker 2: Jane Daniels six and eight. McDaniels was six of eight from the three.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if I'm really surprised by how well doubt about how a few points in the paint that Minnesota have given the way they played the game. Gil, Yeah, you know, Rudy's gonna have ten points, twelve points. Ain't gonna be dunk that's gonna be in the paint. At can slash to the basket, but for the most part, they're gonna be shooting the ball from the outside. But I was surprised by how well the Mavericks rebounded the basketball and how good a job they did is defending cat How what job they did of defending at An got a couple of baskets, and he was great, He's gonna get his baskets.
Speaker 2: But I thought they did a good job.
Speaker 1: Overall limiting the damage that he could possibly do in this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they took.
Speaker 6: They did what Denver started to do with Man in Game six and seven, right, doubling them, keeping them out of the paint, right, because when a man is driving and getting those files, putting pressure.
Speaker 2: On the defense, right, it opens up everything.
Speaker 1: So the fact that they kept him out of the lane made him take tougher shots than he wanted to, making them second guests, some of those mid range jumpers that he's he's used to taking. You know, kat is gonna sit around a three point line.
Speaker 2: Rudy Goldbert's a.
Speaker 1: Factor on offense unless he's getting to put back or he's right under the basket. Nasrie same thing as he's a jump shooter. So if you can keep them on the perimeter, you should be able to secure the defensive rebounds. Right right, this is the game where Cat has to do with Luka did in the second half like who in the first half shooting a bunch of threes, and in second half he used his size to get inside, yes, pulling up mid range, attacking, getting fouled. He used his height to his advantage and said, wait a minute, they not very good back there.
Speaker 2: This is not this right series, So.
Speaker 1: What what Kat and Rudy is good at?
Speaker 2: That doesn't infect this.
Speaker 1: Team right here, right, we're bit guards and we're gonna use our height. We're gonna get down there, put more pressure on you. And that's what they did in the second half. Yeah, I really I really like the way medicine because you know Kat a lot of time excuse me, Cat, not Cat, and and well he'll look the score. But if you notice a lot of times guys, he was looking. He was driving the ball, looking to kick for three. And Jade mcdanie was the beneficiarya of that. We saw nav Reid, he was the beneficial.
Speaker 2: Area of that.
Speaker 1: And look they wonder the man with six or twenty five from the three twenty four percent. The Tember Wars was eighteen and forty nine, which is about thirty seven percent thirty six point seven, and the Mavericks shot forty almost fifty percent. If you can shoot fifty, it's gonna be a oh show. Your pick is gonna be in trouble because if you let Dallas shoot fifty percent with all that height you got, with all that side you got, you're gonna be in trouble. Now we know, so at some point in time they're gonna have Kyrie's gonna get hot from the three. Luca is gonna be, you know, instead of being three or ten? What if what say the sake of argument, he goes six to twelve, Kyrie goes four to six.
Speaker 2: They made six to six threes tonight.
Speaker 1: We know they're capable of making somewhere between ten and fifteen.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: That means in order for you to keep what you gotta do, you're gonna have to keep doing middle the Timber Warves, can you shoot eighteen for forty nine? Can you shoot eighteen of forty? Because I don't believe the maver is gonna shoot any words from the three and what they shot tonight, Gil maybe.
Speaker 2: I'm wrong, but I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: I don't believe Kyrie's gonna go over Thrie, have another over, Luca's gonna shoot thirty percent from the three.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that.
Speaker 5: I mean, but what we can also do is they can use their length and their size and their height to their advantage and stop playing on the perimeter. But that's who they are, nas read, they are. Hey, hey, play with your back, to play with your back to the basket, play down in the post, ask run the offensive different least, have a different scheme, have a different scheme, another way to post the game. If you know you're taller, yeah, a little bigger, take advantage of those situations because they're undersized. Why continue to do the same thing and want to have a god damn three point mid range contest against the team that has you could arguably say, better shooters at certain spots in certain.
Speaker 2: Areas because this is who they are.
Speaker 1: How do I ask a bear not to take a dump in the wood when that's all he's ever done? Why are you asking? Why you asking the timberwood? Say, guys, y'all seven foot Rudy go seven plus foot Rudy seven plus foot cat, I mean at least seven six ten to six eleven nas read. Why are you asking us to do something? How do you think they got here?
Speaker 5: I have a question. Yes, cat Cat is not one dimensional. He chooses to play one dimensional. He chooses to play one dimensional. But if you want to, if you, if you, if you want to get your assent home early, keep doing what you've been doing. Obviously, Hell, the masive Watson film here. They know we'd like to play out of the perimeteries.
Speaker 2: So what are they you said it?
Speaker 1: How do you tell a bear not the shit in the woods? Easy, there's a bear trapp right there.
Speaker 2: Goddamnit. Do you take that ship? You're gonna fall into it.
Speaker 1: You over here shooting fifty damn threes, you're not gonna win.
Speaker 2: You're shooting eighteen for forty nine. You're not gonna win that game.
Speaker 1: Because even though they look like they shot worse, they made it up in free throws, right, they made it up in free throws. They win sixteen for seventeen for the free throw line. So those little points that you got at the three point line, they got it in the free throw line. That's that's where the game is. You shot fifty threes, but eighty nine shots in total. And you're the and you're the giant. You got the gianty.
Speaker 2: They deserve that. They deserve that ass whip it. I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 1: Look, I love I love Cat's game because I think he can. He can do it all. He can shoot the ball, he can put the ball on the floor. Yes, he can play with his back to the basket. But Kat don't like contact, that physicality. Everybody's not built like that. Just because you seven foot tall, it's like Winby, You're like man. Women, you selling foot tall. Womby ain't trying to Wimby, ain't trying to bang like that. Guys don't want a game because now that's where the stretch come in. Oh, he's a stretch five and he's a stretch this because of the physicality and the game. A lot of the physicality has been legislated out, so now there's more space.
Speaker 2: So and it looks better.
Speaker 1: Man me, Hey, if I'm selling foot tall and I'm pulling up from three, oh, choke, that looks a lot better than me banging turn around, throw a little salt baby hook or or or up and under.
Speaker 2: That looks better.
Speaker 1: And you know how we love aesthetics and because I ain't gonna I ain't gonna make a I'm not gonna make no highlight show doing no back to the basket. But let me rain their three on your head. Let me hit this step back three at seven foot tall.
Speaker 5: Hold on, man, some of these some of these big men have footwork. There's artwork and a massive piece. When you have a big man down there, I'm playing the post that has footwork and.
Speaker 4: Ability to do big need to make moves.
Speaker 5: They start, start with the basic fundamentals and go from there. Tim Duncan, David Robinson that the game that was artwork down there in the post.
Speaker 2: But there are art but they don't play like that.
Speaker 1: How many how many threes that you think, Elijah on Patrick, you and David Robinson exactly nothing.
Speaker 4: But now that's that's that's the point I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Kat has the ability to do that. If they if you already know they waiting on you to play on the perimeter, they already know you're gonna shoot the mid range, come in next game and do something completely different.
Speaker 2: You told off the.
Speaker 1: Block, you told me, this is what you told me when we talk about football.
Speaker 2: Don't let the defense. Don't you let them you dictate?
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't let them dictate. They dictate, you.
Speaker 1: Know, they're not they letting you do what you want to do. Trying to stop you. You said, he don't want to get a hit? Who he gonna get hit by the person that's guarding him? Six six two ten?
Speaker 4: See see what I mean? Yes, you know what I mean? Take advantage of your heightene?
Speaker 2: Who what? Who? Six ten? Or I mean six six two ten or six seven two thirty?
Speaker 1: Either way, both of them are considered little dudes compared to two sixty five at six ten right on on the mask. Luca is actually the second biggest player on the court with his height and weight. Oh Joe, yes, sir, would you rather get stung by a b or an and both of them hurt the thing? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So you see them.
Speaker 1: Saying so whether he's only six six two ten banging, that's still contact. You know, some of the hardest hits you done have been hit with the little light ass corner that you didn't see. They ain't always Everybody ain't gotta be Ray Lewis. Everybody ain't got to beat Michael Strahan to drop that ham on your head. Right ractually when you're that's not your game, that's not that's not cav game.
Speaker 2: Gil. You know where cat want to be?
Speaker 1: What kind of hands you're talking about? The black ones with that that that love sugar, them pi sands do bite. You're talking about them red over there. I don't know where you see them at them them little older the fire we'll see. Y'all don't know nothing about them bull lands because if you're from the if you're from the country, if you go to the cow pastor, you'll see ant mind, they're called a bull lands. They're about this big. They'll light your ass up. I don't know if anybody in the chat, if you're from the South, y'all know about the red bull lands I'm talking about, they'll tell your ass up.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so you.
Speaker 1: They're going against the black ants, the little black women, fighting against the little arm mans. Minnesota had the number one defense in the regular season, anchored by the defensive Player of the Year, and uh, they let they let Miami excuse me, then let the Dallas Mavericks almost you fifty percent from the floor tonight. I'm surprised, Yes, I am surprised that the ease in which Dallas got what they wanted. Luca got pretty much in the lane whatever he wanted. Kyrie were doing what he wanted, especially in the first half, and then he deferred, like you guys said, he deferred to the second half to let Luca get go. But and that's the thing, because what do we do if we trap, If we try to trap Luca and get his ball in his hand, all is gonna do is get the ball to Kyrie and two passes somebody. Rudy can't cover that much guard you know, hey, Rudy good.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, defensive player to your four times.
Speaker 1: Only two other guys Ben Watterson to Ken Bay has ever been four times, had been a four time defensive Player of the Year, But he ain't covering that kind of ground, right And everybody out there, with the exception of probably and gafferd can put the ball on the floor and get to the and get to the rim. Kyrie can do it. PJ can do it. You know, ex them he came in to do it, Green can do it. So for the most part, unless unless you come in the tramp off of one of those guys, everybody else can put the ball on the floor and get to the rat But like you said, guys, this one game they are they one Sunday, turn around and play Dallas. Dallas came ready to play. That's like, okay, but don't be satisfied. If I'm j kidd, I'm like, look, guys, I'm proud of you guys. We came in here and did what we needed to do. But I like Sweet Steaks, I want to get it all. See, Oh, Joe, I played Mega Million, I play power Ball, Fantasy five, Cashbow, you know.
Speaker 2: Three, I play a ball man. You agreed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they ain't tell me I couldn't play. But one I'm trying to get Sweet Staks. I'm trying to win power Ball and Mega Million and Fantasy Fire.
Speaker 5: Don't don't get don't get too excited. I don't care how many games you play. I don't care if you even win that even if you win the mag a means of the Powerball. I'm telling you how the series is gonna go. The Wolves gave the mass this game tonight. Huh's not gonna happen. It's going to seven. And I'm telling you, man, them boys gonna win. They gonna win the series.
Speaker 1: You know what the flaw is the flaw is I don't think your defensive player of the year is going to be able to play in this series like that.
Speaker 2: They might have to bench Rudy. They might think about it.
Speaker 1: Because offensively he's not a factor, and obviously defensively he's not either. So when they're in the picking rolls and he can't switch on the guys and he's just sitting back in dead drop, that that that's the irrelevant in this series. Right.
Speaker 2: They don't have Yo Kichen this series. They have guard playing this series.
Speaker 1: So uh, it looked like they have a bad lineup when they put Anderson and they have Rudy out there at the same time, two guys that are handicapped offensively, and then you got to one who throws a straight knuckleball.
Speaker 2: Like he.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, you talk about you talk about slow motion. I thought he was gonna call cal leaders, calling the time out. One time he shot at three, I was like, oh, he about to put it up. Things just.
Speaker 2: You can't. You can't do three of those. They're leaving you open for a reason, right.
Speaker 1: So the fact that they got two guys that can't put the ball in the basket like that, that kind of helps Dallas out a little bit, so he's gonna have to tighten up his his lineup and be more offensively minded, uh, knowing that that's all Dallas is thinking about too, right, all right? Last night, the Celtics beat the Pacers in overtime. The Pacers committed twenty two turnovers, and those miscues led to thirty two Boston points. Tyrese Haliburton turned the ball over three times into the including three excuse me, including two and key moments dribbled the ball off his foot when Indyanna lead by three in regulation, with twenty seven and a half seconds of regulation being lost the ball out of bounds with one on two remaining in overtime. The costless turnover of the game came with eight point five seconds left in the fourth quarter in down up one seventeen one fourteen, and nim Hard threw a lazy pass. Pascal Siakam couldn't handle it. Jylen Brown gets his hand on it, but Fiakam ends up touching the ball before it goes out of bounds.
Speaker 2: And then the dumb dumb all time, dumb dumb thing in the world.
Speaker 1: You're up three and you let it got shooter three I'm just trying to figure out, Gail. Maybe you can help me understand why the hell everybody standing agains side the three point line. I almost staying outside the three point line. And tell you the shooter two. You know that that's taxt And it started off with Highley taking the ball, defending the ball, right, you're supposed to defend baseline side first, but thank you, you're supposed to block baseline off, you know, give you the one, two, three Mississippi count and then jump on the ball and be rivy act right, So do throw it. They're gonna either throw forward layup or they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna throw it back to half court.
Speaker 1: So the fact that they got a corner pass off, knowing that that's probably been in their playbook before, and you let it happen, which is a tough shot, right, that's.
Speaker 2: Not Clay or Curry or Kevin Durant.
Speaker 1: It is Brown and he's a three point shooter, but he's not deadly from that.
Speaker 2: So he just made a great shot. You can't be.
Speaker 1: Mad at that. You gotta be mad at the fact that your out of bounds play that lead to the turnover. It was a horrible design, right, Yes, it wasn't enough space for anybody. Right, you didn't call the time out, You didn't advance the ball, right, so you can advance the ball now you can throw it in the back court right right. You handicap yourself to the space. And how you guys designed that play which was horrible. So you know you gotta blame the coach and the players for not recognizing just call the time out.
Speaker 2: Gil. They let him get a three off up three.
Speaker 1: I don't care if he can I don't care if he can't make it. I don't care if that's Rudy Gobert. I'm not letting you shoot the three. How what are you gonna do stand behind the three point line for a stiff to take the two? It didn't make it a make it a free throw game. I'm not letting you shoot a three.
Speaker 5: Somebody, somebody, somebody gonna drive and kick it out somebody.
Speaker 2: I'm not letting get off no three, Gill. I ain't let you get off no three.
Speaker 1: Now now, looking at this free throws, I would be upset now at Holly for not actually going to the ball himself.
Speaker 2: Pushed everybody. I'll go for the ball. You're the only one that shot at least three free throws.
Speaker 1: I'm going to that's gonna be in Siakam's first free throws of the game. And he's not very good free throw shooter to begin with the fact that he ran to it. Yeah, but see that's a Gil Gil but that But see, I want to show you that I'm not afraid of the moment. So I'm gonna go run to the ball. You know, damn well, you about to clink him anyway.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm not passing an I am captain now I am not.
Speaker 1: Yes, but Gil, but but oh, Joe, and you saw this last night. They made so many mistakes. I'm trying to Okay, they up by five. Why the hell is Haliburton pushing the ball up the court so fast?
Speaker 2: I mean, what are you trying to do? You can time. He rushes the ball up the court and dribbles the ball off his damn foot. Why why did no? He's up? They excuse me? He up five? He gets a semi transition step back three, Gil, really in that moment? Oh, and everybody talking about, well he can hit that shot, that's not the point.
Speaker 1: Well, the clock is your friend, Hey, the clock is your friend, Milk.
Speaker 2: That you don't need to take a shot with twelve seconds on the clock. What I'm gonna use you?
Speaker 1: I think you said, Uh, how do you tell a bear not that shit in the woods?
Speaker 2: That's all fust the ball up. It takes some weird that's all they know. So, you know, time and possession is a thing that they're they're not used to.
Speaker 1: They're used to just playing up and down basketball, tigging shots that they feel is their shot, and that's what they o. Joe, what do we say, oh, Joe, in a situation, we know, if we got the lead, we ain't throwing out of bounds.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you can't. You gotta slide, you gotta get out.
Speaker 1: But that's what in that situation you have to know. Okay, what's more important a first down or stopping the clock?
Speaker 4: Stopping that clock.
Speaker 2: So if I got a lead, see I got the lead in the game.
Speaker 1: Now if I if I don't have the league, now, I would go out of bounds because the first down is unimportant. I need time getting the first down, and I lose fourteen fifteen, sixteen seconds, I've done my team with disservice. Right on the other side, if we behind down.
Speaker 2: That first down.
Speaker 1: I just save my team sixteen seconds and plus we got another down. That's what Hamley Burton, That's what guys got to do to be able to think in the moment. Is that, Yes, I know we played with pace all the time. Make a miss, we'll take it off the rim or we'll take it out of that. But we're gonna push tempo. I get that, But not in that moment, Gil, Not in that moment.
Speaker 5: I mean, and speak and talk and talk about that moment. I think the game was so close all the way down to the wire, obviously having to go to overtime. Listen, you take away some damn twenty two turnovers and minimize the turnovers, the Paces win that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm thinking about you.
Speaker 5: Take away the twenty two turnovers and minimize that. Think about the points you would have had had you not turned the ball over that god damn much. Yeah, and you were still in the game with that many tollovers and had the opportunity to go to overtime and still had a chance to win.
Speaker 2: It was their game to lose, and they lost it.
Speaker 1: The reason that that team plays like that ONK is they don't have a go to guy, right they don't when you're up five.
Speaker 4: Wait, hey, Halle Burdon not the go to guy wing guard.
Speaker 2: He's the one that gives the ball to the go to guy. Right.
Speaker 1: So when you think about the Jalen Brunsons and the Tatums and the Browns, when they're up five, the the balls going to them, go to the going to them, and they're gonna waste the clock and then they're gonna do their things. Halle is used to just pacing doing this, so he's not used to just sitting there trying to control the game.
Speaker 2: I don't even think he can dribble that good.
Speaker 1: No, he's not a ball yeah right, he can trouble fast, right, but I don't think he has handles enough for someone to pick him up full court or half court and he has to waste time, right, That is a skill on his own.
Speaker 2: That's a Chris Paul skill. That's a Kyrie.
Speaker 1: You have to be very skilled with dribbling to just just sit there in motion. Yes, that's not his skill. That's not his tap run. So it makes sense that he's rushing and trying to get his playoff because he's not comfortable just wasting fourteen seconds while somebody trying to steal the ball. Right, This was a game that they're supposed to win. This was, yes, that they needed to win because the seven players that played their top seven played amazing basketball. The double figure well double figures, played well, shot well.
Speaker 2: Three guys in the double double doubles. You're not gonna play that great as a.
Speaker 1: Team again, No, so we can take away the turners put him at twelve. Are you still gonna shoot that kind of percentage across the board?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: How they might fuck it up that ten points next game, that's a that's my point.
Speaker 2: Boys, that's a loss. Right. So the fact that you guys played offensively great.
Speaker 1: And didn't succeed that takes away and especially the other team didn't play well Jason Tatum them didn't shoot the ball well, So it kind of is discouraging. You're trying to be like, yeah, if we don't don't turn the ball over. But we're like, now, coach, I shot the hell out of the ball though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it ain't gonna be my birthday tomorrow. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's not often that we can see somebody smashing defeat from the jaws of victory, and that's what they did.
Speaker 2: They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
Speaker 1: They had the game right, they had the game ball in hand under mint with a minute to go, and Hadley dribbles it off his foot the possession before that, he takes a step back three.
Speaker 2: With twelve seconds left on the clock.
Speaker 1: I'm like, bro, what are you doing? But see, that's the thing. See everybody that's basketball IQ. I'm not saying he doesn't know the game, but can you the really great players, regardless of the sport, can think under pressure and understand it's not about how we normally play, because what's important.
Speaker 2: Now is tick tick tick tick tick. I'm like, bro, why would you why would you do that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And that is that not Also on the coaches as well.
Speaker 1: He's supposed to be the coach on the floor. That's what your point guard is. That's why we give him the balls.
Speaker 5: I mean, especially in a situation like that, I would assume I would hope of coaches letting no kill the clock, kill the clock as much as they scream from the sideline, that that would be one you would want to scream out during a time like that, especially in that scenario.
Speaker 4: Uncircumstance.
Speaker 1: Who now with Rick Carlisle. Rick Carlos is one of those I call them goofy coaches. They they had the goofy coach style where they want their defense in front of them, which means their offense is away from them, right. It's it's it's this weird thing that I don't understand as.
Speaker 2: As a coach.
Speaker 1: Why would you want your your defense near you when you're usually behind the five so they can't They can hear you, but they can't see what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Right when they're.
Speaker 1: Pushing the ball up the court, they literally can't hear or see you, right, especially the guy who has the ball, So that means he has to turn and see what you're talking about. If you flip it the other way around and think offense, that means it's away from you.
Speaker 2: But they can see.
Speaker 1: All five is looking at you, so you can direct the defense right coming to you, and your player right is looking at you, so if he says hold.
Speaker 2: It, then you know I do it.
Speaker 1: I don't know why those defensive coaches want their defense near them when it's ineffective because I can't I can't turn and see what you're talking about. Dude, I can hear you say something, but I can't see you. So the fact that I can't see you is the problem. Switch it up, think offense. I want my offense to see me, which means your defense sees you too. So so basically, when Holly's coming down the court, he don't see what coach is talking about. He's just playing the game and playoff basketball. And then a young guy, he don't have that Jason Kidd type of mentality yet that's something he has to grow into, right.
Speaker 2: And you notice though, Joe.
Speaker 1: Normally people think the quarterback is an extension of the head coach. But we saw in two Super Bowls ago with McKinnon, Jared McKinnon, he got the ball, what did he do? He go down at the one yard line. So now guess what.
Speaker 2: Tig tik t t t t tic tic tic tick tick tick we down.
Speaker 1: We're gonna ti hey take our time out, kick the with four sakers left, four of the clock.
Speaker 2: Now we kick it off to you.
Speaker 1: See, that's thinking a lot of times, and we see more and more of that now because hold on, if I score a touchdown, how many times we see somebody score touchdown on Joe and all of a sudden they get it they kicked the field goal.
Speaker 2: Now we tied.
Speaker 1: Where if you'd just taken the meet, then a random clock off, you kick the field goal. Now you go home with the win. But no, you want to be a hero. You want everybody I got be a touchdown in the game, and they know you got a touchdown, but you ain't celebrating. Yeah, and that's what we're saying. Halley needs to understand the moment. At that moment, you didn't need a quick three at that moment. Slow the pace down. You're going so fast you dribble the ball right off your foot, and then you let and then you let, then you let holiday turn you and you dribble the ball right out of bout And then I can tell you, so the road team picks which way they go. That's how I know it's Carlisle's way of coaching. Right, watch tween Jason Kidd goes up to to Indy. I mean, when when Boston goes there, they're gonna have the style I said.
Speaker 2: Right, just just think about it. Let's say let's say you're coaching, We're looking at it like this.
Speaker 1: And I'm coming up the court right, Yeah, because you can see the defense you can run a play which none of the defensive players are saying.
Speaker 2: So Mike coach used to this means one four.
Speaker 1: Flat right, So he'll call a play and then and then he'll do this, and I'm like, all right, I'll fake look and go right now. Think about Lucas coming at me. I'm playing defense and he wants Luca to be double. Luca can't see him, so boom, we get to double them right now, he gots to come off. He can say push it to the left. It's just a more effective way of coaching. And I think everybody's so stuck in the old ways on real life. Man, these arenas are so loud in the playoffs you cannot hear.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, for sure you need.
Speaker 1: To go visual, right like I think on the sideline, your your sideline moves with you, right, yeah right.
Speaker 2: So like but gil to what you're talking about, O Joe, you could have tested this.
Speaker 1: You know, on special teams, we always set the return to our bench because if we send it to the other bitch, they're gonna tell them come return. They sent it up to this side. We don't know that the return is coming. We ain't gonna tell you. We gonna set the return the port return more than than not. When you set the return, you set it to your bench because you don't want their bench to let their team.
Speaker 2: Know that return.
Speaker 1: Get why Get why they set the return. So it's the same thing with Gilla saying gives said No, you want your office so you can see me, because if hey, I'm dripping the ball like this, yeah, I'm looking back, do gona swipe me and go down to lay it up and leave me alone?
Speaker 2: No, that's but two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they blew They blew it. They blew that well, O Joe, you because you don't. I'm not saying, Look, that's only one game, but that one game gives you a.
Speaker 2: Lot of confidence. Yeah, a lot of confidence.
Speaker 1: Now they only shot six free throws. Boston shot what thirty thirty one, thirty two? They they killed him on the glass and then look at them hard They put the ball in them hard hands twice because he was being guarded by Big Al and he came through.
Speaker 2: He no, he's he was nice. Bro. Come on now they say, hey, bro, take him home. Man. He whoop woop, three legs, step back right right in the Big Al space. Did it again?
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my goodness, they got some confidence in this young man because he had the advantage. You got a guy that's a big Hey, he's looking. He just don't want you to blow by him. So he's gonna give you space. He can't hug up because if he hugs up, he gonna go buy him boo boo Ooh yeah, but hey, hopefully they learn from this. They gotta understand. You gotta understand situations. That's what we call situation of football. That situational basketball. Understand the situation WI you're in a play accordingly.
Speaker 2: And now it's time. First Secord of the night, news cap, NewsCap.
Speaker 1: The twenty twenty four All NBA teams were now All NBA First Team Jannis Untatkunpo, Luka, Doncic, Shae gil Just, Alexander Nikolai Nikolai. That's Nicola yok Nicola Jokic, Jason Tatum, first Team All NBA.
Speaker 2: Luka.
Speaker 1: By earning first team All the NBA is not eligible this summer for a super mic contract.
Speaker 2: O Jo check this out.
Speaker 1: How much five years, three hundred and forty six million dollars.
Speaker 4: Hey, but that sounds that sounds like my number. That sounds like my numbers.
Speaker 2: Damn that's I like that, Ojo.
Speaker 4: That's good numbers.
Speaker 1: That het it seventy almost seventy sixty nine million a year.
Speaker 2: And listen, Luka twenty five vote Joe. I just want you to know that I'm just.
Speaker 4: Gonna through here, gonna hit I mean, he's gonna hit him cross the head again. Man, for sure, you're gonna hit across. He's gonna hit him cross the head again.
Speaker 5: And when I think about it, when I think about it, why and you and Gil can explain to me why in the hell do certain super Max deals? Why are they different? Like why is his number three forty seven? And I saw other players that are that are all.
Speaker 1: NBA is not the same all NBA. You make the all defensive MVPs. That increased, That increases your value. Also also years, yes, so also years. So depending on how many years you came in, depending on what year you came into.
Speaker 2: The league, you can unlock a little bit more money.
Speaker 1: So like when someone signs an extension, it's usually twelve point five percent on top of that, so the amount of years that you can sign those So let's say a guy who just came in the league. So Lucas on his what years is five?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right? This year five? So like somebody like LaMelo Ball that's behind.
Speaker 1: Him max, his supermax will only be like two seventeen, right right, Jason Tatum signs, his supermax is going to be more than this one.
Speaker 4: Wait, whoa, wha, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 5: Now you confuse me. Now, why did Jason Tatum get more than LaMelo Ball?
Speaker 2: Because he's been in the year, he's been in a he been in the league longer. Okay, So here I go with my con So.
Speaker 4: All LaMelo has to do is just wait another year and do the supermax.
Speaker 2: He just he just signed what Gill has said, check this out.
Speaker 1: Let me expend it like this, Gil, Jaylen Hollo and Man and Tyreez Halliburton also their own max contracts extended in the rookie season because they made All NBA. They get an additional forty one million dollars. So what you can do if you make the All if you make an All NBA team, If I'm not mistaken, I think it's in the word first two or the first three years gial of that contract you get the I.
Speaker 2: Don't even know. I don't even understand the new I just know All NBA win. It is my money. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So because because they got max contracts, they unlocked a forty one million dollar option. Somebody who was that last year?
Speaker 2: Oh John?
Speaker 1: Remember John got suspended and he didn't make the All NBA So he lost out on that forty million dollar extra money that he could have got by not making one of the top three All NBA teams, by Ant Man making it, by Tyris Halliburton making it, they get to unlock that. So now Luca, because he's been an All NBA player, he'd already added the extent because he made it again.
Speaker 2: Now he's at the super supermax.
Speaker 4: Oh cause he made it twice.
Speaker 1: Yes, so yeah max and okay, So like when my contractors coming up, the max deal for the max players was seventy nine million, right, So that was so Kobe, Vince Carter, all of them their max deals with seventy nine.
Speaker 2: By the time I came into the NBA. When I signed my deal, I signed for sixty five.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Look how false? Look how close I am behind them.
Speaker 1: But my max if I was a MAX player at the time, I would have been eighty six, So I would have been more than what Kobe and them were because my max went higher than when it was their turn.
Speaker 2: It went to ninety six, then one hundred and something.
Speaker 1: So how many years so like somebody like KG, nobody would have me like if okay, So let's say Bron, Bron has been in league twenty years, his max, his real max, if he was signing.
Speaker 2: Real max deals, he would be actually in a four hundred problem.
Speaker 1: His grandfather did some ship that don't even exists, right, they see the fingers would help them. And plus Gil, you get to be on the max contract if you make all rookie teams. So you're already starting out with accolades. Yes, now all of a sudden, not only am I all rookie, I've made all the NBA.
Speaker 2: So now I'm on a Supermax.
Speaker 1: So Luca messed riding in the next two years he signed, He's gonna sign this Supermax. Guess what happens if you make all of he made one of the first three all NBA teams the next two years.
Speaker 2: You know the funny The funny part is Oljollis.
Speaker 4: It's gonna go It's gonna.
Speaker 2: Go up again. Yeah, it's about to be four hundred million.
Speaker 1: When it's up right, even if he doesn't sign a super Max and it's just a regular Max, it's it's twelve point five percent on top of what over what is maxfield? Yes, so if that last year is sixty five million, the beginning of that first year, that new contract starts off one point five increase, right, Yes, but if he's a Supermax ship, he might be at five hundred. Luca, So, Luca and Jason Loose Tatum would be the first. Because he's signing the first super Max, he would probably be the first one to hit five hundred. Jason Tatum would hit five hundred. It's gonna be one of those two that hit five hundred million.
Speaker 4: So can a man just wait instead of taking the Supermax deal?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Can he just wait and make it next year?
Speaker 2: Lash? He just he just he just signed.
Speaker 1: He signed the Max contract off his rookie deal, which he shipped, so he should have waited.
Speaker 2: Oh so it's too late, man, You tell us somebody to wait. That's a hundred that's one hundred fifty million they got wait for me. I'm twenty I'm twenty one year though, Oh Joe, that's why, right?
Speaker 1: Like so like okay, So like, because there's a twelve point five increase off of your last number.
Speaker 2: Then about you're a rookie and I'm giving you a max zeal.
Speaker 1: It's not max if you op out of it and be a free agent and sign a deal.
Speaker 2: Right, A lot of people opt out.
Speaker 1: Of their deal and then just sign a whole new deal to get rid of that, just that that increase. But see here's the thing, though, Gil, you gotta wait all the way to the end of your contract before you do that.
Speaker 2: So that means he'd had another two years.
Speaker 1: I don't know very many guys, Oh yo, go wait I got one hundred and fifty million right now, or our wait two years, opt out and be able to signe because.
Speaker 2: What they can do the home the team that you're with, they can offer you that extra year.
Speaker 1: So if he were to leave and go somewhere, they can off him four where the home team could offer you that fifth year at that seventy million dollars.
Speaker 2: What ant Man is gonna do. He's made it. So guess what when ant Man come up again? It is he when he's uh, he had probably.
Speaker 1: Well he was at he's at two sixteen, so he'll probably be at like three, twenty five, three fifty, which Luca means, like, that's what I said. It's Luca, It's Luca and Jason Tatum. That's gonna be that's gonna be hitting them right now. Are they gonna be old, They're gonna be They're gonna be hitting them. Yeah, because both of those guys howls with JT JT. What twenty five, twenty six, Luca just turned twenty five. Now, he just turned so him and him and Luca the same age, run the same age. Yet, so it's them too. So so in three years if Lucas still probably in three years, Luca will be eligible again for seventy five, probably for eighty, maybe close to five hundred million. I know, j oh, hey, don't I know what you're saying. I'm going to the gym right after this. The Hawk.
Speaker 4: I'm calling Brian, Hey, listen.
Speaker 5: I I always, I always understood the numbers when it came to obviously football, understand the numbers when it comes to baseball. But the way the way the NBA works as far as years and and supermax Supermax Max deal based on based on whether you make the NBA NBA team or not.
Speaker 4: Now that's crazy. That's crazy.
Speaker 5: So how come Lebron hasn't hasn't gotten a deal like that? Is he perfectly taking a hometown discount?
Speaker 2: No, he's but no, at his age, you can't. You can't give him that deal now because remember.
Speaker 1: Gill, those guys getting those deals, they was giving them those old guys and that thing was obsolete.
Speaker 2: So after you get a certain age, you can't get that super max deal. What is it? Thirty thirty four to thirty five? Gill? What is it? You can get a super max.
Speaker 1: But he always, I mean from the time I can remember, he always only did three year, four year deals.
Speaker 2: He never yet max.
Speaker 1: He never He never wanted to stay in a contract that long, that long. He wanted to keep hitting them, right, So he never wanted to be in a four to five year deal.
Speaker 5: So he's the only person that can do that though, right can the other players opt out and say listen, I only want.
Speaker 2: To go out here.
Speaker 1: He wanted, He didn't want he didn't want to be tied up. He Lebron signs three year deals because he wants to keep the pressure on. You. See, if if you lock me into a five year deal, where you going Oh, you've been threatened all you want to You're not going nowhere. But see that three year deal, and it's normally two plus an option option. So now that third year is his option.
Speaker 2: This said.
Speaker 4: Can everybody do that?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 4: Does everybody?
Speaker 1: You're not making the money. See Lebron got money off the field. See Lebron doing fifty sixty million off the off the court. Okay, he makes more off the court than he does on the court. SuperMac A SuperMac contract, if it was, was designed to allow teams to resign players with eight or nine years of service with that team, or a maximum of five years, at amount to thirty five percent of the salary cap, subject to an eight percent annually. So that's to make sure. Look, I want to keep my guy. I don't want I don't want I don't want Jason Tatum to leave Boston. I don't want Luca to lee Dallas. So now I can give him a supermax which is designed to keep it. So just imagine if in today's time, a Jordan, a Kobe, a Lebron, Well they're gonna be billionaires in under ten years. Just don't contracts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean these guys, these guys are gonna hit billions.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 1: Now, I asked someone in football. I said, with with y'all arenas, with y'all arenas, If y'all fought like the NBA players, y'all would be billionaires quick. And here's what this is how I viewed it. You guys played what one game a week? Yes, let me practice. You practice Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Now take away no, those three practice because you don't get paid for them.
Speaker 2: Ships right, you don't get paid for practice.
Speaker 1: So what if you just practiced one time a week and had two games a week, think about your contract because you get paid for the game itself. I know what you're gonna say, Well, we ain't gonna be prepared. That means that you're gonna be broke up. You ain't gonna play. You ain't gonna play for a couple of years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got you gotta you gotta heal up. You gotta heal up after these games.
Speaker 2: You said, you're telling.
Speaker 1: Them if you play on the Monday and a Thursday, you only got one practice, that's not You're not getting beat up in practice? What?
Speaker 4: No, No, you get beat up in that game.
Speaker 2: I thought practice is where you get. You get like that it used to be.
Speaker 1: It used to be they beat hell out of your practice. They don't do that anymore. Now they try to preserve you. These new school coaches. They it's more walk through. They don't really put the pads on like we once did when I got in the league. Oh we thirded that thing. Look nine o seven, they put mos on the ground.
Speaker 2: It wasn't that that. Oh show you like y'all, y'all touch about the heels and I can't. Oh no, they put on you. Yes, I mean that right there.
Speaker 4: You come up and you come up and somebody the wrong way and it's a fight.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, fight.
Speaker 5: So you know, we we got doing that two hand touch and making sure the body was in position to make the tackle as opposed as opposed a thud.
Speaker 1: Now seven o seven, gill In seven on seven, Oh Joe, run your hand across that middle and see what happened seven o seven.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, like we NBA put we don't. But but Adam Naversons said, we don't. We're not practicing. We gonna see you in the game, sir.
Speaker 1: Right. So when you're thinking about the NFL, that arena, y'all arenas is so big. Imagine the money they keeping from you, Like, this is how much money the NBA owners is making when there's a lockout and we say, hey, let.
Speaker 2: Us see your books. Oh, I say again, how much you want? You said, Oh no, no, what I tell you, Joe. You see the difference.
Speaker 1: The difference is is that because they've gotten guaranteed money for let's just say, for the sake of argument, three to four years, they'll say, you know what, We're gonna shut it down Baseball, shut everything down.
Speaker 2: No playoffs, no World Series, no nothing. Now look at the money that they show.
Speaker 1: Hell tany ten years, seven hundred million dollars. Mike Trout gonna make five.
Speaker 2: Hundred, bro.
Speaker 1: But see the difference is the difference is that the owners know the fans love football so much as long as he has a cowboy jersey on, they give a damn if it's Ceedee Lamb or little or Baby Lamb. All they care about is cowboy that's staring the helmet or the Pittsburgh stealing logo. They don't give a damn who hit it, because they've struck twice and they saw what happened.
Speaker 2: Fans came to see the replacement players. But then let them.
Speaker 1: So then let them. The thing is this, it's a business for them too. Yes, it's a business for them too. And they're gonna lose way more money than.
Speaker 2: You are gonna lose.
Speaker 1: They won't because you know why, Gil their money is guaranteed because ESPN Fox are gonna still broadcast those games. You See. The thing is if if the network said no, unless we get the real players, we're not, then then and only.
Speaker 2: Then will the owners at us.
Speaker 1: But see, the thing is, see Jared Jones can go He's supposed to make a payment that's fifteen million dollars at the end of the month. He could go to his banker and say, you know what, this thing's gonna stretch a little longer. Okay, here, go ahead and charge me another four or five percent interest, and I take care of you. You not gonna be able to go to your banker. He gonna say, either you pay or you will get your ass out of this house. That's the difference. The problem is heads got to get cut off. See the parliam is y'all got too many people voting. Y'all got y'all got fifty five players, right, Yeah, vote everybody vote no.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 1: No, they don't, not when you're not, when you trying to change every time, get us say so so that the star players only get to vote, because I know the star players are not thinking money, they're thinking future. So if a dude need is rent paid, he going with the owners. I need to lock out the end. And that's half the damn team. I don't need them voting.
Speaker 2: I need the people make it.
Speaker 1: Gill, who's thinking about, well, if we hold out, we can possibly get this.
Speaker 2: Kill the lockout right, just wan, y'all should be waking, making him way more than us.
Speaker 1: I know. But o cho, you want me to tell him, but you're gonna tell him. How many NFL players live in check the check because they got full calls. Three girls put up and they bought just bought Mama CREB for two million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, that's the problem.
Speaker 4: Hey, they run through it fast.
Speaker 2: That money. See, they only get paid. They only get paid.
Speaker 1: We only get paid September, October, November, December, January.
Speaker 2: And if you make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Once you make the playoffs, you don't get your salary, you get the playoff pool. So you might be making you know, you might be making one hundred and fifty thousand a check. Now, all of a sudden, that thing's fifty thousand a check. And that's why they don't get a vote. That's what I'm saying. So Lad's gonna be under the bridge and to the season starting, goddamn, because.
Speaker 2: We got yeah, I know how to do this off.
Speaker 1: I ain't got to I ain't got time to hear you whine. Oh my girl's gonna leave eat men, and oh and she better pop only fans. She better pop it on only fans, because I saw herself.
Speaker 2: Big business in the NFL player girlfriend on only fans. Three dollars for that.
Speaker 1: That's what the thing I said. You know you got to tell the guys said, Look, because let me tell you what the owners did. The owners when the players, the players had years left. Yeah, and they they extended the deal. Once they extended the deal, Roger Goodell, go to the networks, we got ten years of the labor piece.
Speaker 2: We want to redo what we want to redo that. We want to extend the deal.
Speaker 1: So guess what they did. ESPN, Fox, CBS, NBC redid the deal. Hey, Amazon say, hey, k can we get in? Yeah, how about this here we're gonna take Thursday night football and we'll give it to you Amazon, but it's gonna cost you a bill.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, you hey, you know, hey, hey, you know what.
Speaker 1: We want to be a network. We want to be taken serious, so we know we need live events.
Speaker 2: What y'all thank you? Roger, Well you know the direct TV about the end of what y'all looking like? We got? Okay, you're in guess what?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, I heard y'all got some prispals games coming on? Joe? Can we get in Netflix? Really? Y'all are streaming, y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all want to y'all like nat you how about we let y'all stream be three games on kriminal and this is a lockout yet.
Speaker 4: In and and the funny thing.
Speaker 5: The funny thing about it when when you think about what with these companies are spending. If Netflix is spending a billion, how much you think they're gonna make? How much you think they I think I think people people need to understand that if they spending the billion, and to us, the casual regular person, like with regular regular person like we are, if they spending a billion, what you think they're finna make?
Speaker 2: Yo? Show.
Speaker 1: But the casual fan will empathize with the billionaire more than the millionaire. That's the problem because if the salary cap is two hundred and fifty five million, that's the cat. Well, each thirty two teams each get three hundred million dollars from the network deal. Okay, okay, you got naming right for your stadium, you got local TV, you got confession, you got interest until you got tickets. You cat merchant market you got you've got merchandise. Yeah, and that's outside of your three hundred million. Now that I let you know how they're they're they're siding with the billionaire and complaining to the millionaire.
Speaker 2: But that's the point of this, right because the owners don't have a face. The players do.
Speaker 1: And this is why I say this is when you lock out, they can use replacement. But I can tell you who didn't pay for replacement. Netflix, Amazon, they didn't pay for replacements.
Speaker 4: That's a good way.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 4: Guess what I like where you going.
Speaker 1: Let those companies bully them so they're gonna come, what's going on.
Speaker 2: We didn't pay for these dudes.
Speaker 1: We paid for Patrick Mahomes and Kelsey and his little girlfriend singing and death.
Speaker 2: That's what we paid for.
Speaker 1: So if you don't get them back on the field, we're gonna cut our deal. That makes Roda Goodell change his spirit right now. I like that if he knows y'all know it before him.
Speaker 2: Oh, y'all, I like. I love the NFL everything. A lot of what I have with what we do we.
Speaker 1: Talk about on Nightcap when we don't have Gil is through the NFL. But you know what you're here that when you hear the NFL talk who are their partners? They never say the players. They say Fox, they say CBS, they say NBC, they say ESPN. They're gonna line up together because they guess what, they can wait you out? How long unless you're one of these top guys and you got forty million banked up? How long do you think the average of those fifty three only about five on your team making real money?
Speaker 2: How long can they wait on Joe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Parry Jones can wait for ten years and never play another game, and he gonna be worth fifteen.
Speaker 5: You got to think about it, Gil, the way the way NFL players spend, how many of how many of them can last without those checks coming in once the season rolls out.
Speaker 1: But I did not tell you. I don't give a fuck about those other forty. So you said five five votes, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I got five votes because we different, We different get there.
Speaker 4: You can't leave, you can't leave. You can't leave your homeboys out in the war and.
Speaker 1: Number fifteen, fourteen and thirteen wanting in the lockout so they can get paid. Guess who don't have a vote? Fifteen, fourteen and thirteen. We don't need your votes, brother, Me and Twina Karan were gonna do the voting here. Why do you think it's five hundred millions. There's people ain't getting mail. We don't know your address. Homeboy, You're gonna have to wait it out. Whatever you gotta do to survive, Please survive. And this is when the top five, this is when y'all become businessman. You know how many loans I gave out with a high ass percentage?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah for sure. Look for me. All I'm saying is like, hey, look, we need a million the end of the the end of the CB is coming up.
Speaker 1: Guys, for the next three years, I need you to be as conservative as possible.
Speaker 2: Please, no big purchases.
Speaker 1: Say, say, say, because this thing might go on for a year, for a year, and so I'm gonna need you guys to be banked up, because they say everybody, even the average, the average America, should have three months banked up. If you lose your job, you need to be able to survive for three months until you find a new job. Hopefully it comes sooner, but if it doesn't, you got three months. No, No, I don't man the average NFL playoff, Gil, No, bather me. They got three days, Oh joe, they got three days? About three months? Three days?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: I don't think there's any sports today in today's time that cannot work for a year. It'd be so hard to recover from that, just as a league itself, because it's you miss a whole year. That means another sport is getting popular. That's a your fan base is going. So nothing ain't messing with Ain't nothing messing with the NFL. Why you think, Gil, we about to play games on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Ain't nothing mess up with the NFL. Gil, it's Fivedays. If you miss a whole year, there's the reason that.
Speaker 2: They working your lasses a little bit more.
Speaker 1: There's a reason they adding more because they getting more money working y'all more. Yes, But here's the thing. The only and look, the players are going, okay, look, I ain't got no problem.
Speaker 2: Eighteen games.
Speaker 1: They want their about to play eighteen game. The players are gonna get compensated. But all I'm saying is, Gil, if you go back and study the history of the league and you look at eighty two, and you go back and look at eighty seven, eighty seven was the last strike. And I'm old enough to remember it because I was in college. Bro, when you go back and look, and I ain't gonna call nobody name, but when you go back and look at the name that crossed the picket line because they needed them pay checks, I'm talking about MVP Defensive Players of the Years. I ain't just talking about no no, no, no ranking ding guys. I'm talking go back and look it up, Chap and look at the guys, the first guys that started crossing the line, and you're gonna think, oh, my goodness.
Speaker 2: And that's why I say I don't give them no votes. I don't listen when you're trying.
Speaker 1: To, oh, how you gonna go give an MVP of the League of Vote defense the player of the year of Vote. When you're trying to make a change, think about it. This change needs to be made if we can keep it the same. That means I'm a I'm a whole ground knowing you're gonna fall. So it's gonna always be against the player if they can't hold out, because I'm not gonna give you nothing.
Speaker 2: Knowing that you're gonna take it anyway.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you crumb right about a bunch of dollars making five hundred million, and y'all talking about we out here, we're out here with the CTEs and all, y'all should be getting six hundred million dollar contract. The fact that I would have guaranteed let y'all know that. Y'all y'all, they know y'all gonna falter. I don't care if these guys go homeless. Oh well, I'm doing I'm trying to get guaranteed contract. If your ass got to work at McDonald's, goddamnit, I'm gonna be in there after we finished doing this line, I get a on your wash and meal.
Speaker 2: Welcome to McDonald's. I might help you want your single number one it's gonna be a bunch of them. I don't care, hey, part of the players, the.
Speaker 1: Player PBA, whatever that is, because I ain't trying to hear none of y'all argument. We're trying to get to a goal, and y'all slop cut the fact, Gil a Gil. You ever saw this TV show Married with You or the sitcom Married with Children?
Speaker 2: Oh my favorite Charlie Sheen left? Did they cancel the show or did they bring afton? Cut you on? Don't tell me what these team?
Speaker 4: That was two and a half men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, excuse me, two and a half men? What they do? Joe? Did they cancel that show?
Speaker 4: She left?
Speaker 1: Or no?
Speaker 4: It kept going.
Speaker 2: I'm saying all of them leave, everybody go, but he with the Gill? That would be Gill.
Speaker 1: That would be true if the fans, the fans are tied to the team, the players, Who the players come and go?
Speaker 2: Who they watching? If replacements they don't.
Speaker 1: As long as I see a staring that helmet, he's a cowboy player who just won the championship Kansas Kansas City. If all of them say we ain't coming and they bringing some replacements in, you think the TV deal that the people who pay I paid a billion dollars to.
Speaker 2: See Patrick Mahomes. I don't want to see his brother.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see his brother out there's working throwing the football I paid for Patrick.
Speaker 2: He did. But the fans at home watching how many? But what I'm saying is.
Speaker 1: How long before the fans themselves say this is not what we paid our tickets for. I didn't pay my tickets for replacement. You you you the suite cost me three hundred thousand, and these are not the players that I paid three hundred thousand. Fours what I'm saying so you you can wait them out. You just the Gil just oh Joe.
Speaker 2: It's too many.
Speaker 4: It's too many.
Speaker 5: It's too many players. It's too many players. It would never work too may.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got on the squad?
Speaker 2: How much? How much? How much? Gill?
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, Oh Joe, You tell Gill how long they've been playing the preseason games and you play the same price for a preseason game, then you do a regular season game, and half the time the guys that's gonna play in the regular season they playing, and the fans.
Speaker 2: Still show up. Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see the see the owners know, they owners know the fans are loyal to the team, not the players players.
Speaker 2: No, that No, that's what they make y'all believe h ain't don't believe. I feed it. Ain't don't believe.
Speaker 1: You know what for a few games, Gill, go back and study eighty seven and look at the guys that crossed the pickup, Gill. Everybody ain't making a hundred million. A guy that's making two hundred thousand, he ain't gonna be able to suit.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is these companies are paying billions for a certain product if the product is not just like when the player. You think about this in the NBA, when the player gets hurt and he's missing games, who's the first one to start complaining?
Speaker 2: Though? The fans, Hey, hey, hey, hey you got here.
Speaker 1: That's why MB got to bring your ass on our handb that we sold these We sold these playoff seats at a price that they came to see you. That's what I'm saying, Like, go back, do your research on the lockout in twenty eleven, Right, yeah, fifty NBA players voted tally of them votes, I guarantee you it's gonna be about seventy five to one hundred missing them joker's vote only. But see, but see in our CBA, everybody gives them. Everybody gives a vote. Yo vote is the same as Patrick Mahomes and the guy that's on the practice squad. I mean, you got the guy that the fifty third guy. His vote matters just as much as Joe Burrow, just as much as Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: You what you're saying, think about think about what I'm saying. There's four hundred and fifty players. They only when we turn them into Chris Paul only one hundred seventy only seventy five to one hundred was reported.
Speaker 2: He said, Hey, we couldn't reach arrest of these people.
Speaker 1: This is what we got though, right right, Football presidents show up when y'all turn them papers in and there's only three hundred, there's three hundred.
Speaker 2: We don't need the other seven hundred. We don't care about those votes. Those votes go against the JAP, against the call. That is all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it can be a rip jil because I wish, I wish we could be as unified as you got. Because what you're talking about is solidarity. What you're talking about is unity and We've seen that from other sports leagues. We've seen that from the MLB, we've seen that from the NBA. We have yet to see that from the end. I don't It's not like I disagree with what you say, but oh, Joe and I we're talking about from experience, you know, and what we've seen is that we can't get that level of unity that we're gonna say, Okay, this is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Because we might be able to do it on the team.
Speaker 1: Hey man, look, we want to practice at this time, and we can get all of us to agree, but what about the other thirty one team and getting those players to agree that we're gonna do X, Y and Z. That's the problem that you have is because we've been allowed to be splintered. If we can, if we can stay in locked you know, like they you see, Ay, you see what they did when they when they we started taking them knees.
Speaker 2: What the voters do vote? Joe?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, they locked it in. Yeah you play if you won't tell us like y'all actually turn it in. Y'all listen the last twenty eleven uh on lockout.
Speaker 2: I didn't vote, who voted? When did we vote.
Speaker 1: Chris Posl said, Hey, everybody voted. We voted the end the lockout. Everybody's like, did you get a vote? Matt like, I ain't get no vote. Hey, they were smart. Let's just say yeah, you can't put it. Gil, I wish back this. The NBA is getting a seven billion dollar year METEA riites deal with a Lockley lock up ten percent cap growth. The next mac cap can grow up each season. So if the cap will will top it two hundred million and twenty nine a thirty five percent max salary project seventy two million per year, with the fifth year salary at ninety five million, a total max value five years, four hundred and nineteen million. So all NBA second team, Jaylen Bronson, Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, Anthony Edwards, Kawhi, Leonard have have a little issue with that last selection third team All NBA Devin Booker, Steph Curry, Tyrese Haliburton, Lebron, James Demontes, some bonus, Gil.
Speaker 2: Kawhi second team or Lebron or some Okay, So when I did mine, when I when I.
Speaker 1: Turned mine in this this was my exact uh I had Luca SGA ant Man, Tatum, Jokic, Jannis Brunson, Kawhi A d.
Speaker 2: Durant.
Speaker 1: I had Paulo Sabonis, Booker, Lebron and Jalen Brown, so I was off by four right when I didn't have Giannis and in first team. I penalized him for how he ended the season, which you know, you know he ended the season seventeen and nineteen right, but his numbers itself, that's first team. So I'm not mad at that. Sabonius leading in the league and triple doubles and he was right in right in front of Curry of Tyler Curry. Kind of weird, but I'm not arguing with I don't see anything wrong with it. Kawhi who would be in front of Kawhi right? N Lebron Lebron? Yeah, why is Lebron on third team?
Speaker 2: And not problem record? Probably the record a little bit, just the record a little bit.
Speaker 1: Like what's so funny is I had them on second team too, So I'm not I'm not mad at the at the list Jalen Brown and you get penalized like it's like it's like you see how they use winning for something and then use you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not the other. Yeah I see, Yeah you're right, Yeah you're right.
Speaker 1: The volume